[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Please consider donating to help the victims of the KyoAni studio fire: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

Insider from the industry here. Ebikes are absolutely going to take over. You have no idea what how big numbers and forecasts are. blabla its a fad blabla. Within the next 5 to 7 years 90% of bicycle commuters are going to use electric. Decreasing costs and increased density are going to make it too tempting not to. We're heading into an unprecedented personal transportation revolution, personal mobility is going to increase a lot, and guess what, its all beautifully simple and easy on the wallet. Ebikes will replace all mopeds/scooters within the next 5 years, and reduce car usage by a good 30-50% in major cities over the next 10 years.
>>
>>1358132

Also, within 2 years 90% of threads on /n/ will be about ebikes, just like 90% on /biz/ is about bitcoin today. Any old fag will remember how biz was before that just before bitcoin took over. Just like /n/ is today but regarding transport instead of finance.
>>
90% here will literally shit on those riding without electric,
>>
>>1358134
screencap this
>>
>>1358132
Goverments are going to tax the shit out of those things soon though. Probably gonna be required to get a license and registration just like every other vehicle.

As it should be.
>>
>>1358136
Just like Bitcoin, right?
>>
>>
Having tried a few e-bikes they're fucking amazing and will become a massive thing at some point when people realise just how good they are.
>>
>>1358132
What companies to invest in if you want to make some cash? Already made some nice dough on solar and wind power, would be good to get some e-bike bux too.
>>
I hated on ebikes for a while but now I've grown out of my fringie ways and see the light. Ebikes are the best bikes
>>
Ebikes are really sick but unless my city's bike infrastructure somehow becomes worse, I don't think I will be buying a pedal assist bike
To me they are more tempting for bike tours and very long distances, and less tempting in terms of riding 1 mile to work
>>
>>1358132
Regualr bikes aren't going anywhere. As long as there are people who want stuff that's lightweight, not a huge "STEAL ME" banner, or both, nothing can quite replace the good old gaspipe warrior.
>>
File: light_e_bike_velospeeder.png (1.81 MB, 1091x720)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>1358173
>>1358173
This right here is an ebike. Battery is in the frame bag. 2 rim friction motors.
>>
Ebikes solve a lot of male issues because they amorialate the need for aero positioning. Wind is less of an issue with electric assistance so you can keep your hip angle open and ride relatively upright.

Also Ebikes don't really need to be super light so we won't have to hear about carbon anymore, and disc makes total sense with that kind of power so rim breaker fringists will be btfo and also retro steel luglickers btfo. And fat tires will be preferred because why not and upright ride needs comfy tire. And hipsters will hate it and leave cycling entirely hyehah! It will be a glorious Goldeen age where utilbikes take over everything and batteries blow up and burn down your house and you just throw em in a landfill and every MUP and mtb trail and side walk is ruined by low IQ cagers on ebikes that make cycling as miserable as a ride on the highest haha highest highway
>>
>>1358174
Framebags are always the first things to go, regardless of their contents. They might not even realise there are batteries there until they tug on it and realise they hit a jackpot.
t. only learned my lesson with bike storage the second time round
>>
>>1358171
my city have bad infrastructure that need me to use more torque than cadence. maybe I should get one
>>
>>1358132
Cheap personal electric transport is great, I'm excited to see it develop. But these things don't belong on bike paths and trails they're a hazard. I've been run into a bush by an ebike fag motoring up around a blind corner on a downhill trail.

They're just ultra light electric scooters, they should just have pegs, more battery, and registration. Keep human powered transport protected from motored transport.
>>
>>1358132
I am a man. I am a man who fucks women. I AM the one who FUCKS.

Do you get this? Do you get this in your pathetic brain, YET? You'd better. You'd better wisen the ever-loving mother-of-god fuck up in this changing world, sonny. Because the pendulum is swinging. It's swinging VERY FUCKING FAST.

Gone are the days where you limp-wristed fairy cuntwarbling faggot-enablers can post your insipid, subversive shit on this website in the hopes of converting men into weak-willed prancyboys. GONE are the days where you can give them latte enemas and shove candycanes up their butts while you sing Edith Piaf tunes and vote Democrat.

It's time to get tough, you fucking faggot.

It's time to stop this stupid shit.

The time is NOW
>>
>>1358132
>reduce car usage by a good 30-50% in major cities over the next 10 year
that's it? In that long? We need 100% less cars within 5 years and even 5 years is a little too late. The next environmental issues to tackle will be abolishing plastic waste and air conditioning.
>>
european here I was in Switzerland 2 weeks ago and like 90% of the bikes I saw were ebikes I even helped a friend set up brand new ebike he bought a few days earlier
ebikes are future
>>
>>1358132
>oh hi /n/ I'm the very definition of a shill!
>you should believe everything I say just because I said you should
>you should all throw away your real bikes and buy overpriced underperforming homosexual e-bikes TODAY and become fat and weak like everyone else!
>incidentally that will make me rich but you should do it because it's COOL and TRENDY and the best reason of all BECAUSE I SAY YOU SHOULD
eat shit and die, shill. also go be fat somewhere else, faggot.
>>
>>1358152
The only developed country where they're not already a massive thing is the US.
>>
>>1358264
They're getting pretty popular in Seattle already. The pedal assist makes commuting over hills trivial, especially with regen braking for downhill.
>>
bet that they will start requiring a licence for these e mopeds soon. too many retards will cause problems.
>>
File: 1533756990917.gif (8 KB, 256x264)
8 KB
8 KB GIF
this sure looks like a desperate shill thread
>>
>>1358279
Yeah, same goes for here in Portland. Riverview Cemetery was a big showstopper for my commute to my last job. It was a great ride except for the 1200' 10%+ climb in the middle, which is fun to do on weekends but not so much on a work commute. Would have loved an ebike for that shit. There are a lot of people who give up if they have a 5% on their route. Of course, the fucking rain will ensure that bikes never hit more than 10% of annual mode share anyway.
>>
>>1358280
in Europe if you want to go faster than 25 kph under assistance you need a license, mirrors and all other sorts of safety bullshit
Just like having a meh motorcycle
>>
>>1358280
I already had situations where elderly people were going full speed past crossings while yelling "Oh god!" because they were too afraid to brake. It's probably best for all this electric support stuff to have a license requirement to limit the retardedness of people who can't responsibly generate their own pedal powered speed.

Hopefully it will also limit the e-assist culture of laziness. The pedal assist stuff should be a replacement for the car/moped and not desecrate the joy of pedal powered transport as physical activity. So sick of all the lazy fucks asking me if my pedal powered mode of transport is electric assisted.
>>
>>1358283
That's why there's a Seattle company selling ebikes with fenders and lateral splash guards.
>>
>>1358286
The very first ebiker I saw was really nerdy looking 30 year old guy on a custom e fatbike blasting past other riders on a MUP at unsafe speed.

A year later it was a guy who looked like a burnout on a stock ebike going the wrong way on a bike lane and almost get hot by a car, then proceeding to follow the driver into a parking lot to scream at him.

Third year is a fat middle aged woman on an e road bike going what appears to be 25-30mph on a crowded local walking path, aggressively cutting around people and dinging her bell like the pedestrians were being rude

It becomes depressing. I'm not sure what it will mean for the future for most American places. I think they will work well in places like new York city, but possibly ruin popular recreational mups as well
>>
>>1358132
Ebike fatties need to go jump into the nearest wood chipper. KYS
>>1358152
KYS
>>1358164
KYS
>>1358202
Take your pills
>>1358216
KYS
>>1358286
This is exactly the problem
>>1358321
I live in NYC, and every ebiker needs to be in jail
>>
>>1358346
KYS. Powered bike > bike
>>
>>1358293
Any decent ebike is going to have fenders, built-in lighting, etc. But that doesn't change the fact that most people don't like riding in inclement weather at all. They don't want to get wet and cold, it's less safe, etc. Ebikes won't change that.
>>1358286
Unfortunately the e-bike will be to human-powered bicycles as automatic transmissions are to manual transmissions in cars. Hell, e-bikes with manual shifters are already obsolete. Eventually only a small minority of purists will have fully human-powered bikes, and they'll have to pay increasingly high premiums for quality equipment.
>>
>>1358355
E-bikes are mostly competing with things like mopeds for now, if battery tech advances and gets cheaper regular bikes will be replaced rapidly. The easy energy conserving way will be the main choice for most people.
>>
>>1358286
>It's probably best for all this electric support stuff to have a license requirement to limit the retardedness of people who can't responsibly generate their own pedal powered speed.

People tend to think stuff they aren't personally into should be regulated more, but the reality is that regulation slows uptake and increased uptake of e-bikes is increased demand for cycle infrastructure in general and increased numbers of 2 wheels on the road which increases safety and awareness.
Being personally irritated by them is short sighted because they're likely people who'd be driving instead, not cycling.
>>
Electric cars are generally hyped as the solution but e-bikes are the real solution. They'll solve both the traffic and air quality problems in cities while electric cars can only solve the latter one while using much more resources.

>>1358264
>>1358279
>>1358283
I don't see that many on my commute, on the bike lot at work, or when hanging around in the city. Their amount has definitely increased in the last few years but it's still a small minority. I live in a pretty flat area so that probably has an effect on the e-bike adoption rate.
>>
File: Ladies-laughing-.jpg (656 KB, 2365x2057)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>1358174
>rim friction motors
lmao what like a reverse bottle dynamo?wtf kind of poorfag archaic shit is that?
>>
>>1358346
>every ebiker needs to be in jail
Can you tell me how bad they are? It seems like they would be good for street use but my mup experience leads me to believe humans are too selfish for anything good to ever happen
>>
>>1358132
Why not just get an electric motorcycle at that point? They go kinda fast for the bike lane don't they? Also most American transportation systems aren't set up to even have bicycles or walking so why not set up bike/walking paths first and then maybe improve on the tech?
>>
>>1358380
In my case there are bike path that could take you very far on a quiet, peaceful ride vs. major highways vs. endless stoplights if you want to avoid the highway. So a bike path would be my choice if it followed my commute, and I wouldn't need sweaty motorcycle gear nor have to risk getting hit by a car
>>
>>1358381
Then the bike path would become another road with all the e-bikes and it would force the pedal powered people off of another road.
>>
>>1358381
Your a cunt m8 those are for bikes not mobility scooters
>>
>>1358132
In countries where they are easy on the regulations, yes.
In Germany, I don't think so. The classic 25km/h pedelec woun't do the revolution.
Anything faster is heavily regulated and tied to insurance plus you need a full blown drivers license (its about 1500€-2000€ here)
You can't even use different tires etc. only those allowed in the vehicle certification.
But as most times with these things, Germany will realize that they get left behind by the rest of the world and eventually ease the regulations.
>>1358136
>>
>>1358136
Well, I buy full fledged car than, since it kills the idea driving without hassle.
GG government. Based retards causing global warming.
>>
>>1358364
Yes, it would be the lesser evil to have e-bikers instead of them being cagers. And if them riding e-bikes normalizes bicycle/pedestrian zones I'm all for it.

https://youtu.be/Boi0XEm9-4E
>>
I built a e-bike 15 years ago, before it was cool. It worked very well for what I was doing at the time, no regrets. I’m not willing to accept the inherent compromises today though, a real bicycle serves my current needs far better. As they become more and more common expect the regulations to tighten. Motorcycles will eventually be kicked back on the road where they really have always belonged.
>>
>>1358174
>rim friction

oh the leverage i am lifted out of my chair rn!
>>
>>1358346
>we need to get people out of cars and back onto bikes
>but if you get onto an ebike or a scooter, KYS!

/n/ in a nutshell
>>
nice thing about ebikes is that gears become redundant. You can just run a normal singlespeed configuration, which saves some weight and is much more reliable. Just let the assist pedal you up to the right cadence whether its uphill, downhill, tailwind or headwind. Aim for that perfect cadence.
>>
File: Tern-555x330.jpg (30 KB, 555x330)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1358132
>Within the next 5 to 7 years 90% of bicycle commuters are going to use electric.
[citation needed]

I work at an ebike (and ecargo) shop as well and I find that number hyperbolic given the current price barrier. Even the "affordable" ($2500usd) quality ebikes bikes with good systems are held back by the fact that they are in essence $400 bikes with $2000 e-assist systems bolted onto them. Also the idea that quality ebikes will become as affordable as a $500 big-brand "acoustic" hybrid within 5-7 years got a sensible chuckle out of me.

>nb4 Radpower and other garbage options
See you in 6-18 months when your dropouts are ripped open and/or your rim is torn apart by your hub motor (assuming the whole system doesn't just die on you before then.)
>>
>>1358137

yes like bitcoin. You don't seriously trust any of the non-US exchanges, do you?
>>
File: timo.jpg (176 KB, 900x510)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>1358551
Economies of scale. In Japan you can get a good Panasonic e-bike for under $1K.
>>
Good. If it gets Americans out of cars it’s a good idea.
>>
>>1358132
wallmart sells e bikes now ?
>>
>>1358729
It won't, unless paired with much denser and more affordable living and aggressive infrastructure changes, including vastly improved public transport that helps people bridge the gap on bad weather days. If we don't get that, e-bikes will just sit in garages like most normal bikes.
>>
Hardtail MTBs > ebikes
>>
>>1358832
hardtail E-MTB>both
>>
File: 6218361026_6d2cc1d37f_b.jpg (289 KB, 768x1024)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>1358529
I am gonna elaborate a bit on this. So ebikes got me thinking. Gears are only really needed for dedicated human powered vehicles, i.e. bicycles without power assist. E-bikes are basically scooter bicycles. If you feel like you're pushing too hard and your cadence is too low, just let the motor work harder. In this sense, the hub motor is also the gearing system. If you plan on using your ebike more like a scooter than a bicycle, another set of human powered gears is really not needed.
>>
>>1358849
When you make the motor work harder it drains the battery faster and reduces range.
>>
OP bike looks cool
>>
>>1358133
/biz/ was made specifically to get cryptocurrencies off of /g/. If you think it wasn't primarily about cryptocurrencies from the start you haven't been here long enough and only started going there during the crypto dip from 2014-2017.
>>
>>1358849
You know what, why pedal at all? Motor can do all the work.
>>
I could see them taking the place of a lot of car trips.

Especially in areas where you see a lot of new development in the city.
>>
Meh, I don't see them sticking around if they gain widespread popularity, and the "motorcycle + pedals = bicycle" loophole gets closed, they get subjected to motorcycle regulations, and you need to get a motorcycle license to ride one.
>>
>>1358380
probably because it would be quiet. those people want that their vehicle is as loud as possible.
>>
>>1358396
they may be sold limited but people then make illegal modifications to them to remove the limits just like they do with mopeds.
>>
>>1358849
thats so retarded. with the gears you could go faster and it would be more efficient too when you dont have to stress the motor so much to get the speed that you want.
>>
>>1359222
It's either stress your knees, or stress the motor. Which one is replaceable?
>>
>>1358925
Then get a fatter battery
>>
>>1359233
Motor is made from metal, so fuck motor, it can handle abuse.
>>
>>1359221
Those limiters are actually dangerous.
Government should remove all regulations about transportation that weights less than 30 kilos.
>>
>>1359236
At certain point you're going to add so much weight that every bit of range you gained from battery capacity is lost on weight
>>
>>1359241
Rolling resistance is pretty low, it is not fucking airplane, where it matters
>>
>>1359241
You are spouting nonsense. My 756 Wh battery weighs about 2 kg more than a 400 Wh battery, yet I get almost twice the range. 2 kg more to your bike isn't going to do shit to your range. If you lose 2 kg same effect is reached. Weight of the bike doesn't matter shit unless it starts to become heavier than you are. Until that point aerodynamics and rolling resistance are the most important matter.
>>
You can get a 1kwh battery from Aliexpress for a few hundred bucks these days..eventually that shit will become so cheap here as well, that battery will take you over a 100 km without even pedalling, why the fuck would you still pedal?
>>
>>1359258
So you can go 200km
>>
>>1358380
Stupid as fuck.
Cagers always say "American infrastructure isn't built for bikes right now so let's just keep everything for cars!"
>>
File: flux-mopeds-header.jpg (181 KB, 1600x800)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>1358132
Nobody wants some gay expensive e-bike. Might as well get a moped.
>>
>>1359291
>mopeds spout toxic gasses while riding and make a lot of noise
>can't repair a flat on the side of the road
>Complex ICE engine with many little parts that can fail
>Not allowed on cyclepaths, which are literally the best paths
>Mopeds weight 125 kg, can't be hauled upstairs

thou sir art an fool.
>>
>>1358132
I'm honestly surprised that e-bikes haven't taken off yet in the more urban areas of the US where there are actual bike paths that go to where people need. Even if they were limited to 20mph they'd still be useful as you aren't going that fast in traffic jams in downtown areas. I guess they just need to be made cheaper for it to be a more cost effective solution cause they are pricey atm
>>
I’m lolling at all the cagers spouting the same thing in every thread.
>Nobody wants an ebike
Sales are growing every year
>Nobody wants to live in a transit-friendly area
More Transit-oriented development gets built every year (there’s even a thread up showing the data)
>nobody wants to live in a walkable area
Walkability is the most valuable asset in real estate.

To be a cager is to live in delusion.
>>
>>1359311
Buses and trains make exponentially more noise and pollution than any moped, but /n/ doesn't have a problem with those.
>>
>>1359291
>doesn't want expensive e-bike
>buys an even more expensive moped
>moped also has constant running costs
>>
>>1359349
>moped also has constant running costs
You think electricity is free?

If you're lazy enough for an e-bike, you might as well get a moped. You'll get where you're going faster and comfier.
>>
>>1359355
>You think electricity is free?
Compared to gas, it pretty much is, also fuck your mopeds, I'm sick of hearing them around the city, they're even louder than cars, and with a higher and therefore much more annoying sound
>>
>>1359355
On the scale e-bikes use electricity, yes it's practically free. Also has isn't the only cost in mopeds, insurance, services, etc quickly add up.
>>
>>1359361
e-bikes also need maintenance
>>
>>1359363
But it's much easier to do and unless you have room temperature IQ it can easily be done at home. Mopeds can also be serviced at home but they're much more complex and require more time and tools.
>>
>>1359367
what if I have room temperature IQ in Rankine?
>>
>>1358132
Why not just buy a motorcycle?
>>
>>1358213
>air conditioning
fuuuuck. is it really a problem? that wasn't even on my radar
>>
>>1358132
>It's just going to be an Asia tier gangbang of subhumans on motorbikes
Fuck this timeline.
>>
How about all the 3rd worlders absolutely wrecking the environment get reigned in?
>>
File: pepegas-12.png (40 KB, 1098x1008)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>1358213
> air conditioning.
I have 50 kilo of R12 gas.
>>
>>1358213
We need to reduce commuting 100% in 5 years, not cars.
>>
>>1359325
they carry a lot of people at a time. mopeds, bikes, e-bikes, etc. are personal vehicles
>>
>>1358213
>that's it? In that long? We need 100% less cars within 5 years and even 5 years is a little too late. The next environmental issues to tackle will be abolishing plastic waste and air conditioning.
Kill yourself, it would safe tonns of CO2 and food from being wasted.
Plastics were designed to keep people healthy, because reusing old packaging is unhygienic, and melting glass requires too much energy.
Paper requires more water to produce.
Air conditioners are already using ozone safe gases, and new gases are being developed (which hopefully won't be affected by F-gas, because licenses suck).
>>
>>1360254
They are over 100 kilo per person.
Moped is less than 100 kilo, and consumes less petrol, than any bus. (less than 2 liters / 100 km, even on shittiest carb chink ones)
>>
File: energyusechart.jpg (34 KB, 340x289)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1360247
>>1360250
>>1360256
it isn't about the gases used to air condition but the energy air conditioning requires. A basic 5k btu unit uses about 400w (that small window unit you use to cool a 100sq ft room), 10k unit 800w, 15k about 1.2kw. Centralized air units can use anywhere between 3k-5k or more watts and air conditioners run all day long depending on ambient temperature, thermostat settings, and housing insulation. Air conditioning uses a fuck ton of energy and is only projected to get worse due to the need to cool electrics along with higher ambient temperatures.
>>
If your miracle bike ever runs out of charge you're dead fucked. You couldn't even pedal home because your bike weighs 200+ lbs and you probably have shit cardio. Just ride a fucken motorcycle, or an electric car.
>>
>>1360259
Air conditioning use less energy than heating.
Actually, with properly sized ac you can heat building efficiently.
Also, window AC rarely work on entire 5k BTU, it cycles on and off, which reduces consumption.
My AC (9k BTU mini split) uses 300w to cool my room which has poor insulation and roof that heats badly. Sure, room is small, but in winter I used to waste about 1 kw on heat. Now I use ac for heating which is like 1/3 of it. 300w or so.

Ban not AC but houses with poor insulation.
>>
>>1360264
Also, HVAC includes heating. So yeah.
>>
>>1360261
My pedal mode of transport is close to 200lbs but it isn't electric assisted. Those lazy people who are used to electric assisted stuff won't make it home because their legs aren't adapted to actual cycling.
>>
>>1360266
>>1360264
>>1360259
Also, commercial buildings tend to have shitty insulation, so...
>>
What the market needs is high power (at least 3kw, preferably 4-6), with big batteries available as an option. Build one yourself and this isn't an issue but then it isn't very stealthy or refined. If someone released a quality 4 kw batteries in frame ebike for under $3k it'd go big.
>>
>>1360340
With such powers you have to use moped everything. Bike frames don't really like 2 kW motors already (wheel mounting ears get ripped, etc).
We need to allow people having 5 kW without any license or insurance, but only if vehicle is lighter than 40 kilo or something like that.
Sure, this might cause bicycles with jet engines, but isn't that cool?
>>
>>1360264
Not using AC at all uses even less energy.
>>
>>1360387
This is mode of AC I use the most...
But when it is +30C outside, I turn AC on.

What people don't understand is that cooling requires much less energy, than heating*.
Even if it is +35C outside, you need to drop only 10C to get into comfortable temperature range (18 - 25C).
When it is cold outside, let's say -10C, you need to heat 28C. In most buildings heating is done via burns gas, or by electricity heating up resistor.
Amount of energy required for heating can be reduced up to three times with installation of heat-pumps, which are basically an air conditioner, which you install anyway.
If you would improve insulation - you would reduce amount of energy 1.5-2 times.
>>
>>1360232
because you have to get licensed and shit, and can't use the bike lane
>>
File: 1533873367146.jpg (279 KB, 914x693)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Scooters and mopeds are already cheaper than decent motorless bikes and are more comfortable and practical because they don't need to make the compromises bikes do for weight. The only reason to choose the bicycle form factor is to trick people into thinking you're athletic instead of a lazy, borderline-handicapped piece of crap.
>>
>>1360399
>admitting the real agenda behind this is trying to hijack our nice bike paths because your cagie roads are too congested
>>
>>1360409
how about if you don't have a garage to keep it in but you do have another space inside that means lifting it up some steps or something

or, your commute is much faster if you cut through a park or something
>>
>>1360399
It's still probably faster, In most countries you can filter through traffic anyways.
Plus it's cool.
>>
>>1360410
Nobody uses them anyway, may as well be repurposed as more road instead of more sidewalk.
>>
>>1360349
It's not really about using bike components off the shelf, it's about looking and feeling like a bike. If a steel bike frame doesn't work beef it up some more.
>>
I can see it happening. I'm about to get an ebike.
>>
>>1358400
>tfw live in a constant state of fear here in Arizona where old boomers and mexicans run red lights, don't look where they're going, just in general be shitheads.
>>
>>1358400
>https://youtu.be/Boi0XEm9-4E
this is really amazing but i'd hate to live in a flat city and that's why it works so well
>>
Every salesman for every product ever has said theirs would take over the world.
>>
File: 24TG-Brinco-launch-035.jpg (260 KB, 1500x1000)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>
File: 13.jpg (156 KB, 1000x750)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>1361009
>>
>>1361129
I don't get it. It's a motorcycle with stupid throttle controls. What's the point?
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (1.34 MB, 3720x2557)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
beepbeep.
>>
File: scooter-share.jpg (38 KB, 682x400)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
If the rideshare thing is any indication, normies actually loath bicycles, electric or not.

Dockless electric scooters have been ENORMOUSLY more successful everywhere they get deployed.
>>
1) Get a hybrid.
2) Throw a bafang on it.
3) ???

Electric bicycles are essentially mopeds but are still outclassed by motorcycles. Enjoy hitting one pot hole and dieing.
>>
>>1364414
>Dockless electric scooters have been ENORMOUSLY more successful everywhere they get deployed.
a lot of that is a function of the dock being inconvenient to use compared to picking up a scooter off the street, and cyclists being forced off of sidewalks (just wait for e-scooters to get banned from sidewalks, they'll drop in popularity then just like bikes)
>>
>>1364574
>enjoy hitting one pothole and dieing
wat
>>
>>1359237
>abuse
ok fatass
>>1359140
the world is illegal
>>
>>1359259
based
>>
File: 1532383530042.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1920)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
saw one of those bike shaped motorcycles few days ago. its the first ever i have seen here. it was not a e bike but something with a tiny moped motor or something strapped on it.
>>
>>1358551
holy shit this bike looks cool!
>>
>He thinks some drunk isn't going to kill someone on a bikepath eventually getting these things locked to a much lower speed than they currently are.

Protip: Just watch and learn
>>
>>1358132

Would love to see that space basically filled with a fuck huge battery so you could do 250km on this thing.
>>
>>1358833
Nah
I have my ebike to be comfortable, If I want to burn the fat I have my hardtail XC.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.