[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: scooter.jpg (41 KB, 708x815)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
FUCK. Get ready for more shit in the streets
>>
Into the rivers they go!
>>
Way too expensive
>>
I'm hyped. I can't wait for the first great world star video. I'm hoping for a drive by. Or someone gets jumped and their scooter stolen while in motion.
>>
i dont know why these exist
>>
Why is /n/ so averse to these electric scooters? Have you even ridden one yet? They are incredibly useful and effective means of transportation. I use one to get myself to and from my local airport (4 mile ride) and it's only $7 which is about half of what Uber costs. I love flying by all the retard cyclists too sweating their asses off lol
>>
>>1348683
>retard cyclists

people in general are misanthropes and lack empathy and hate/ are jealous of anyone having fun or doing anything different
>>
>>1348683
ubers and lyfts are getting so expensive now youre paying to get yourself places now

first it was uber pool- pay less but ride with other people
then it was uber pool express - walk 3 blocks to get picked up and walk 3 blocks to your final destination
all while regular uberx prices went up and up
now lyft is making you pay to use a device that is exposed to the elements and makes you as dangerous as a bike rider on a busy road
>>
arguments for electric scooters that don't also apply to Walmart electric scooters:
>im a big gross lazy garbage baby
>>
>>1348683
1- Maybe not in this case with Uber (Though they did it with their cars), I don't like the 'Im just gonna do a bunch of shit here that skirts the law and wait to be reprimanded' approach.
These scooters just fucking appear, all over the place, on the public street, and who the fuck said that was fine? I can't dump my stuff on the sidewalk, neither should a shit company.

2- No responsibility for the company where the scooters end up. It's like shitty people with 'outside' cats. You don't know where that shit ends up you don't car, it's not your problem, and you should be shot.
Pick up your shit.

3- Anyone who is good enough on these, to the point where they're not a fucking danger, already has one.
Same thing with the fucking CitiBike riders who rent for fun and nearly kill themselves and everyone else around the,.
>>
>>1348683
>They are incredibly useful and effective means of transportation. I use one to get myself to and from my local airport (4 mile ride) and it's only $7 which is about half of what Uber costs.

In what universe does a 2 mile uber cost 15 dollars? oh yeah in your head
>>
>>1348691
i can't wait till someone figures out how to bypass their security

anyone got tips?
>>
>>1348701
Cut the brake cables instead
>>
>>1348706
i'd rather profit then vandalize
>>
>>1348697
NYC
>>
>>1348683
Just walk you fat fuck. I don't want this garbage littering the streets. These scooters are tryhard future meme shit and I can't wait to see them fade out.
>>
File: 6159.png (98 KB, 461x345)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>1348701
Faraday cage those mofos
>>
I wondered where they were coming from
They just get left fucking everywhere, it's awful
>>
>>1348726
>>1348675
>charged by the minute
i assume you have to dock it otherwise it keeps charging you though?
>>
>>1348728
My friend was telling me you can just leave them wherever and pick up a new one, admittedly I don't know how the system works
>>
File: 1544431506391.png (31 KB, 350x370)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>1348683
>4 miles on bike
>sweating your ass off
I'm close to 240 lbs and only had a bike for a couple weeks and even I'm not that pathetic, what the hell.
>>
>>1348675
I live in the Hollywood Hills and these things are fucking everywhere here lately. I think what's happening is that cell coverage here is really spotty and people ride them up and then discover that they can't re-activate them without data service, and they're not getting picked up because the scooters themselves can't report their locations either.
>>
>>1348707
>cut brakes
>wait for someone to eat shit
>roll em
>give their dumb white ass a stomp to the cranium afterwards for good measure
>>
File: BoringBike and ZoomerGang.jpg (1.94 MB, 2268x1701)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>1348675
they're EVERYWHERE! Like, the mode of transportation itself I think is pretty cool. It's just the same problem I have with Divvy riders being inexperienced with poor control, unpredictable line, and bad lane etiquette. I seen a shit ton of zoomers form a scooter gang and ride like goons today, looked pretty fun. Chicago's scooters top end seem super limited though, they're real slow, somewhere around 10mph.

Work was slow today and I'm going to blame the scooters and weather. EVERYONE was outside riding these things around the west and northwest sides.
>>
>>1348697
Again, the trip is 4 miles, not 2.
>>
>>1348835
Watdafug. I'm assuming you live in NYC or LA to be charged that high of a fare with traffic so bad, you're mostly sitting in the car in gridlock. That's not surge pricing either is it? That rate is stupid man, I can imagine how much yellow cab would cost in your city, shit. Here, rates are $0.90/mi and $0.10/min. (if they're still the same, haven't looked them up in forever) E-Scooter is $1 to unlock and $0.15/min. At 10mph (6 min/mi), they're roughly the same rate for 1 mile. I think it boils down to traffic intensity (average speed) and distance.
>>
>>1348828
You need foot retention
>>
We really need to ban them. They are dangerous, disruptive, deathtraps that accelerate people to unsafe speeds. For the same reason, we should also ban cars, bicycles and jogging. PEOPLE COULD GET HURT!

You would all be safer going slower. The gov. will buy your car from you at its actual value ($0 or life in prison for driving a weapon).

If you drive one of these scooters, please have the decency to go at WALKING SPEEDS and park the scooter in another dimension so that no one has to ever EVER see it.

All cyclist MUST have left and right turn signals, power steering and be able to withstand a 60 MPH crash without harming the driver. Bicycles must have 2 locking doors and a fully enclosed cabin to protect the cyclist, and should have a drivers license. Registering, insurance, inspections and taxes are a no brainer. The free ride is over.
>>
>>1348885
>a dozen metal screws digging into the bottom of your shoes isn't "retention"
>>
>>1348885
No I don't
>>
>>1348728
>>1348730

You can virtually leave them anywhere. Someone with a car will come by later in the day and pick it up. Very recently they did start rolling out certain zones where they can not be left. Here it's primarily around university campuses and the event stadium
>>
>>1348922
>start deliberately leaving them in the most culturally enriched parts of town
>Lyft adds these areas to the blacklist after thefts skyrocket
>everyone calls them racist so they roll back the policy
>a week later they shut down the program because it's no longer profitable

Problem solved.
>>
15 cents per. minute? Fuck off.
>>
File: Hand signs.gif (14 KB, 573x216)
14 KB
14 KB GIF
>>1348909
>All cyclist MUST have left and right turn signal
We have them
>>
Just took a scooter from the local grocery store to my apartment near campus. Saved me 15 minutes in travel time for $1.90. It was also super fun.
>>
>>1348919
>>1348910
Your riding fixed, right? It's almost mandatory
>>
>>1349002
Yeah, it's fixed but not mandatory with brakes. Learn to track your feet, I've been riding like this for years
>>
I wouldn't mind these if they weren't so twitchy
>>
>not just hacking the scooters and getting a $400 scooter for free
>>
>>1348683
Personally I'm fine w/ electric scooters

But if I wanted one I'd buy one
>>
>>1348984
>minnehaha
what's with american names
>>
>>1349036
>he doesn't know about native American names
Get cultured, you Philistine.
>>
>>1348685
fun fact: Uber & Lyft are still money-losing services that depending on venture capital funding to stay afloat until they subvert the established taxi services that actually need to be profitable. Once that happens… bend over
>>
>>1349044
so they exist to fuck over the taxis? and when they taxis go down Uber and Lyft becme mega-evil corporations? I've never taken a taxi in my life but Id imagine it would suck for other people
>>
>>1348909
Adult cyclists are banned from the sidewalks most everywhere in the country.
Scooters are too fast and dangerous for the walks, too slow and dangerous for the bike lanes, and will surely fuck up in a ''car lane'''

>>1349044
This. It's all fucking scabwork
>>
File: 1550129658383.gif (336 KB, 220x144)
336 KB
336 KB GIF
i lost the webm of the fat woman falling over on a rental scooter
>>
>>1349049
> too slow and dangerous for the bike lanes

you are adorably sheltered and hilariously unaware of how undiverse American roads have become. Guess what? The road is for everyone.

I could make the same argument that cars are too fast and need to be outlawed. Thanks for not getting the fucking point. An attack on scooters and bikes is an attack on the poor whether you like it or not.
>>
File: hanoi.jpg (270 KB, 1859x851)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>1349049
>all cars or nothing works! I need 5 lanes and to cruise at 75!
>>
Good concept but people leave them in the middle of the sidewalk and block pedestrian traffic. They should have dedicated docks for them like they do with citibikes.
>>
>>1348685
>then it was uber pool express - walk 3 blocks to get picked up and walk 3 blocks to your final destination
So a bus?
>>
>>1349327
>scooters are rented out at min. $1, plus $0.15 per minute
>only to people who pay with their phone app/credit card
I wouldn't say an attack on scooters is an attack on the poor, the poor typically will ride a bike though
>>
>>1348683
They're too fast (therefore annoyingly dangerous) and they encourage not doing sport.
>>
>>1348683
Seriously, rode these around in la and they're fun, cheap and convenient. Too bad my local city council has outlawed them
>>
>>1349410
>Too bad my local city council has outlawed them
>Land of the 'Free'
>>
>>1349410
outlawed, or simply failed to license? birmingham, al had the same issue but got over it pretty quickly once they figured out how to derive tax revenue
>>
>>1349327
The road is for cars not your basedmobiles.
>>
>>1349366
Poor people basically live on their phones, even homeless people have cheap 50 dollar smartphones now. Many poor people can't afford a bike, that's why they often opt for busses etc.
>>
>>1348984
Hamline student going to Cub? Mac Grove here.
>>
>>1349490
Had to get something for my company potluck! Took the train to work from there.
>>
>>1349327
lol, honey, no.

>I could make the same argument that cars are too fast and need to be outlawed.
You cannot drive a car legally on the sidewalk already.

>>1349330
That's not the kind of scooter we're talking about.

>>1349433
The streets and sidewalks should be free and unfettered with your bullshit scooters
>>
>>1349628
cars drive through sidewalks all the time and it's basically legal to double park in the bike lane. If you want to see some bullshit just look at cars.

Car bias is the only reason to outlaw scooters. Scooters have the same impact as some asshole on his cruiser bicycle.

People have a right to the road, they paid for it. Rollerblades, longboards, ebikes, rickshaws, velomobiles.

If you go after scooters, Im going after semi trucks to be highway only.
>>
>>1348679
Please don't ruin the rivers by throwing these in
Just trash them
>>
>>1349899
Get this, fuck both the bullshit cars do and also the scooters. I do not care the motivation when I have to deal with the result anyway.
Fuck them.

>>1350410
Both the rivers in Philly have been radioactive for years
>>
>>1350410
No, niggaz. Sell me motor. I will buy one for $15.
>>
>>1348675
Niggers will steal them and the company will go bankrupt.
>>
>>1348683
>flying by
These things have a cap of 15 mph
>>
They drop these off in large groups around my neighborhood and it's really embarrassing for the company because you can tell they want wealthy people riding them as advertisements, but they just sit their neatly lined up for days on end, unused. I guess in some ways it's an advertisement.
>>
A local is vandalizing scooters and leaving them like this.
>>
File: logo.jpg.png (4 KB, 730x180)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>1350857
>>
>>1350857
I just read that L.A. Times article. LOL, they are throwing them into the ocean.
>>
>>1350886
I fucking hate the hypocrites in west coast. Preaching about saving the planet and then they go and throw shit like this in the ocean. Great job sending more plastic, metallic, battery, and other toxic waste into the ocean. Nuke Hollywood and save us from their subversive garbage infecting the whole country.
>>
>>1350915
I hated visiting California in general. That entire state was a cesspool of degeneracy
>>
>>1350924
Throughout my whole late teens I was sold on Californication™ until I spent time in SD, LA, and SF. Couldn't do it and went back to the Great Lakes region. Same thing when I did NYC. Something about the east and west coasts. Maybe it's the lack of Midwest vibe I couldn't do.
>>
>>1348683
i dislike them because cops in my town have given up attempting to enforce traffic laws on them because they'll just go up on sidewalks (which is illegal except to park) and get away since they know the police cant catch up on foot
so now you have a mix of idiots making sidewalks dangerous and idiots on the road ignoring traffic lights and stop signs
>>1350915
>all of california is a homogenous liberal think tank
did you know texas has abortion clinics? talk about hypocritical, their state has so many so-called conservatives yet women are able to kill their unborn children. im sorely disappointed. might as well nuke the whole state.
>>
>>1350928
damn anon. are you my alter ego talking to me? I felt the exact same. New York was a giant garbage dump. California was a bizzaro world. i couldn't wait to get back to Michigan. They can have the coasts. I've got enough water here to keep me entertained
>>
>>1350944
>women are able to kill their unborn children
>>
>>1350944
I mean, I was overreaching when I said all of CA is trash since I know there are based parts of CA like Pendleton and other military cities plus the farmlands of CA, except most of them live in their own bubbles with too low of a population to out speak the ones damaging their fine state. Maybe those parts are a little too redpilled for my tastes though. TX now I feel bad for since AZ and NM are too based, CA rejects go straight to TX. AZ has really comfy people but as a northerner, I can't do 120F daily so I checked out rather quick.

>>1350947
I just might be your alter ego, being on the western side of the lake and all. Something about the Great Lakes region has found a happy balance somewhere. I say the abundant supply clean water does good to our well being. Compared to the east and west coasts, we have relatively few containment zones.
>>
>>1348675
They are better than bike with less disruption against pedestrians
>>
>>1351071
>They are better than bike
How? Because you don't want to exert yourself even a little bit?

>with less disruption against pedestrians
How? Because they're in the bike lane? They shouldn't be. When they're on the sidewalk? I don't like coasting past a ped, let alone zipping through.
Not to mention the reality of the situation, which is these being fuck all everywhere.

If I took the contents of my bike shed and dumped it all out on the sidewalk, I would have a ticket to pay and would be asked to remove my junk, but somehow it's different and good if some out-of-town tech company does it?
Fuck you.
>>
File: ssoot.jpg (1.13 MB, 2560x1536)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>1351232
Fuck you, scooters > bicycles, because they make more sense, than bicycles, when you fucking have to use subway, because driving 60+ km everyday is not particularly cool, especially it city.
>>
>>1351257
Is that your's or did you rent that?
We're very much talking about the rental service here, you can ride whatever you want, dude.
>>
>>1351259
>Is that your's or did you rent that?
That is mine.
>We're very much talking about the rental service here, you can ride whatever you want, dude.
Fuck rentals though. They are causing unnecessary bans, since absolute retards ride them.
Usually you are not allowed to take rental on bus or anything, so scooter part of thing looses its purpose. E-bike would be better there, since people actually know how to use them, plus in many places it is 100% legal requirement to use road, not sidewalk on bike, which is better.
>>
>>1351257
You talk like the disabled kid in malcolm in the middle
>>
>>1351266
Sir, don't confuse third world english with mental retardation. They are not the same thing.
Except this case. I probably have extra chromosome or something.
>>
>>1351257
>>
>>1351232
>>They are better than bike
>How? Because you don't want to exert yourself even a little bit?
They occupy less space on pedestrian road and are generally slower

>>with less disruption against pedestrians
>How? Because they're in the bike lane? They shouldn't be.
See above
>When they're on the sidewalk? I don't like coasting past a ped, let alone zipping through.
It is not a question of like or not

>Not to mention the reality of the situation, which is these being fuck all everywhere.
Still lesser in number than bikes

>If I took the contents of my bike shed and dumped it all out on the sidewalk, I would have a ticket to pay and would be asked to remove my junk, but somehow it's different and good if some out-of-town tech company does it?
???
>Fuck you.
Fuck you
>>
Why is everyone such a cunt?
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE STOP HAVING FUN WAAABLOOBLOO BLOO FUN CONVENIENT THING WITH TWO WHEELS GOOD OTHER FUN CONVENIENT THING WITH TWO WHEELS BAD
>>
can't wait. more pulling apart!
nice batteries, motors, cabling and electrics in these.
>>
>>1350857
These are so fun and easy to steal.
Only 4x T25 screws holding the green box in the front on. Pull it off, disconnect the cable and scooter disabled. No braking, GPS etc.

Buy a controller online, wrap like 5 extra batteries around the main beam and you have 100+miles on a single charge as you just reconnect to a different battery.

also the main board can be easily hacked to just display charge % on the screen.

respray a different colour like orange and you're all good.
>>
>>1350857
>ketchup on the feet part
lol
>>
>>1351322
Tyrone...
Wait. Tyrone isn't smart for this.
Juan, give it back.
>>
>>1351388
Juan won't give it back, Juan would charge another Juan $20, a dubs worth of weed, or a 6-pack of cervesas for labor plus parts in exchange for the scooter so he can steal a different Juan.
>>
>>1348683
>4 miles
>$7
that's the same as a shared lyft. i've gotten shared lyfts for $1.50 before. then again in rush hour they want $15. I walked that day, about 4-5 miles. Fuck them.
>>1348685
they're unprofitable. what they could do would be to relax regulations on what vehicle type is allowed to be a driver. you don't need a 2016 BMW. If it would make it cheaper i'll take a shitbox from the 90s.
>>1348697
depends on the time of day.
>>
>>1348984
>too lazy to walk a mile
???
>>
>>1350915
>ban plastic straws for the environment
>entire state is a caging hellhole sprawlfest with no signs of improving
>most of the most polluted cities in the US are in California
>LA the caging ground zero
entire country of hypocritical retards.
>>
>>1351281
>It is not a question of like or not
I'm saying it feels unsafe to me, a very experienced cyclist, to quietly coast past someone on a fucking MUP. A fuckboi having fun on a scooter he has little experience with will likely act like a cager as they barge their way through the crowds.

>Still lesser in number than bikes
That's factually wrong, you fucking idiot.
I can't even remember the last time I saw a bike just laying on the sidewalk or in the road.
All Citibikes here require docking. These don't.
You just dump them wherever and some guy in a van picks them up.

>???
Know what we're talking about before you reply.

>>1351284
We're talking about the reality of the rental service. No one cares if your fat ass wants to purchase one privately, since you'd actually be held accountable for it.
>>
>>1351468
>>It is not a question of like or not
>I'm saying it feels unsafe to me, a very experienced cyclist, to quietly coast past someone on a fucking MUP. A fuckboi having fun on a scooter he has little experience with will likely act like a cager as they barge their way through the crowds.
The topic was not how safe they are to bikers, instead it's about how safe they are to pedestrian. Of course bikers are going to find other bikes safer than other scooters like car drivers find other cars safer to them than bikes, and like scooter riders probably think other scooters are safer than bikes to them, but that's not the question being discussed here.

>>Still lesser in number than bikes
>That's factually wrong, you fucking idiot.
source?
>I can't even remember the last time I saw a bike just laying on the sidewalk or in the road.
I just saw some literally 10 minutes ago
>All Citibikes here require docking. These don't.
Merely problem and loophole in your city law
>You just dump them wherever and some guy in a van picks them up.
Again, your city law's problem
>>
I'm so glad I don't live in a city and have to put up with this gay shit.
>>
>>1351475
>f course bikers are going to find other bikes safer
You're missing the fucking point again, smoothbrain.
It's not that I think bikes are safer than scooters, it's that it's already dangerous enough to have a bike coast by peds on the sidewalk when the person doing the coasting is an experienced cyclist who knows that dangers and knows what they're doing around peds.
Someone having fun on a scooter isn't likely to be an experienced cyclists, they're likely a cager out of their cage and will act like one.
That's a danger. You'll notice bikes are forbidden from the sidewalk if you're an adult rider

>source?
People don't leave bikes on the fucking sidewalk, dude. I'm not proving that to you, go outside. And, again, this isn't a problem with private scooters, so private bikes are irrelevant here.
The problem is with DOCKLESS rental companies.

>Merely problem and loophole in your city law
It's not law, it's design. If the scooters were charged at the docking station and not an offsite location, the law wouldn't matter.

>Again, your city law's problem
Right, but this is the problem we're complaining about.
I can't come over your house, shit on your floor, and play the saint and tell you that you really ought have told me not to shit on your floor in the first place.

'lol, somebodys elses problem' doesn't fly with me. 'lol, shouldn't have let me take advantage' doesn't fly with me.
They're shit companies.
>>
File: monta-navi-01.jpg (439 KB, 800x800)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>1351257
What if I told you that you can ride the subway and not look like a faggot at the same time?
>>
File: W H E E L S.jpg (99 KB, 640x423)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Work was slow today so I joy rode and curb hopped the shit out of one of these bad boys for 5 minutes. I'll be honest and say they're pretty fun but not as fun as a bike. They have decent pickup but top out at 25km/h so they're slow as hell and combined with shit geometry, they're unstable as shit. Wheels is too expensive for what it is at $0.25 a minute, that's the same rate as renting a car2go smartcar. Now if they had one that topped out at 55km/h and had better geometry, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
>>
Why can't fat fucks just move their legs
>>
>>1352130
Because legs are deprecated.
>>
>>1348925
How to steal these scooters? I wanted to buy one, but why not just steal them instead?
>>
>>1352168
remove modem, can't be tracked.
on some, this will set off an alarm which may be from another speaker.
best thing to do is jam a small flat screw driver into speaker grills and rotate/destroy speakers first.
if alarm speaker is hidden, try cling wrapping. if the lights go off, cover them with tape to prevent damaging them. let the battery die or pull apart in a safe location.
>>
>>1352168
>my city just renewed the temporary licence and locked in a multi year contract
> expanded fleet from 400 to 1000
> did not reduce speed limit from 25km/h despite officials calling for it
> Helmet laws not enforced on scooters but in full effect on bikes

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/brisbane-city-council-awards-contract-to-new-e-scooter-company-20190625-p5213g.html
>>
File: IMG_7987.jpg (3.12 MB, 3264x2448)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>1352168
>>1352293

i HAVE DETAILED FILES
>>
>>1352297
I LOVE THESE!
are you also not in JUSA?
Do your detailed files contain serial communication protocols? I have some for the display but haven't bothered recently getting unlock codes for the original boards after a failed attempt (so close).
thinking of making a power generator with these wheels or putting 2 motors on a single scooter/other platform.
very nice electrics, cabling and battery.
the base board is shit though, have no use for it, really heavy frame.
funny thing is how much space is in the rear wheel, you could conceal some stuff in there.
>>
File: IMG_7988.jpg (2.81 MB, 3264x2448)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>1352300
I just found this fucker in the far corner of a park when i needed to discretely take a piss and being an EE thought the connectors / internals would be of value.
>>
>>1352297
judging by leaf/bark cover, types of plants, barrier paint style i'm guessing Australia?
>>
File: IMG_7989.jpg (1.64 MB, 3264x2448)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>1352300
i heard the GPS unit is in the welded white tube behind the wheel and hardest to access

i also heard from a friend who who met the fuckers pitching these the unit only had to be in service for a month or two to turn a profit.... hence in bulk these things cost fuck all from china and you should not be afraid of wrecking them...

my cities new 100 million dollar river bikeway has already been trashed because of people doing skids / burnouts with them ,,,, im mad as hell
>>
>>1352302
connectors are nice, especially for the battery, most of them aren't good for more than a few connections as they are fragile.
light is nice.
the motherboard is shit, you can connect the positive charge wire to the positive battery input and you can get a read out of battery charge %, it's in the serial as perthousands over 2 hex bytes. if you use it with the screen as is, you will also get an error code for missing hardware. it's 4800 baud and pretty simple to understand what most bytes stand for.
>>1352304
bullshit, gps/modem is part of the same chip in the green box top front
the moment you disconnect it it dies and reconnecting it won't revive to make MITM harder to hack the codes, you have to open it while it's live and hook up connections like that.
>>
>>1352304
also, there is no backup power for the gps/modem/speaker board so the moment you undo the 4 T25 bolts and disconnect it, that's it. I have ridden one through town as a push scooter 30 mins once.
>>
>>1352305
ahh ok well i heard FUD in that case
>>1352308
>undo the 4 T25 bolts and disconnect it, that's it
makes sense to me .. no use in your approach to back-engineering it ... i have heard of people just buying a new DIY motor throttle controller board from china wiring it up and its yours...

fuck em. they should never be as fast as a human on a road bike .... bikes arent allowed a throttle and must be ped assist ... why the fuck dd these scooters get a free pass ??????
>>
>>1352313
I was planning on selling DIY hacking kits (a replacement green box) to make Lime go under. Would also be quite profitable.
I have talked to some guy that did this, spray painted the green bits black and used a different controller. Was nice to see someone doing this.
It's all about money, attracting more plebs by having fun things and increasing GDP.
I've also talked to someone working at the local hospital, Lime is a very common injury.
>>
File: aaaaa.png (137 KB, 750x563)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>1351401
hey, i'm Juan and i don´t do this kind of things.
and it's cerveZa, you should learn how to properly spell in your soon to be official language.
>>
File: 1555296638641.jpg (57 KB, 628x487)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1352316
>Lime is a very common injury.

imagine dying on a lime scooter

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/man-dies-after-falling-off-lime-scooter-at-south-bank-20190509-p51lpw.html

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/push-for-lime-scooter-speed-reduction-after-fatal-brisbane-crash-20190510-p51m4k.html
>>
fuck i hate these things. They are a sizeable drain on a health resources. Why are these death traps legal?
>>
>>1352328

Not the only person in brisbane to die on one.
>>
>>1352168
Throw it in the back of a truck/van and drive away?
>>
>>1353142
Sure, if you have a Faraday cage in your truck and garage.

Best idea would be to have someone pulling it apart while you are driving, on a highway so no one hears it screaming if you don't know how to disable all alarms (some have more than one).

Best way to disable alarms is sticking a small flat screwdriver into the grill and twisting it around. You could do this for fun, it only takes a few seconds.

I now know that some companies have back up batteries in their GPS units. The good thing? They aren't power efficient and may only be able to track for 10 mins to half an hour after disconnecting from the main unit.

Even if you bring it to your house, I'm sure a one off wouldn't be a problem and not worthy of a search warrant.
>>
>>1353145
soooooo throw it in the back of a truck/van and drive away?
>>
>>1353147
the problem is getting it there
I'm sure some employees will follow you/call the police with your details. they could start from a good intercept point.

soooo... if you don't screw around/go fast and lose any followers

otherwise you may risk getting pulled over by police with the goods
>>
>>1352304
Okay, looks like this is some sort of socket (motor maybe) and battery.
>>1352302
This is controller probably.
>>
>>1353170
>gps requires line of sight
just throw it in the back of a truck/van and drive away, retard
>>
>>1353483
Even better. Get reflective jacket with rental brand name and start disassembling shit in the street.
>>
>>1351451
>Being a SEETHING cuck in a flyover state
Success breeds jealousy.
>>
File: rocketjesus.jpg (258 KB, 1536x2048)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>1349354
ding ding
>>
>>1354196
Isn't this just because there's already rail infrastructure there?
>>
>>1354250
No Elon wanted to bore out a new tunnel
>>
>>1354196
actually it costs 2.50 now and only leaves 7 mins during rush hour other wise it can be up to 12 minutes sometimes 15 on the weekends
>>
>>1351445
6 minute scooter ride vs 20 minute walk including waiting for lights. I was time crunched to arrive to work at a reasonable hour.
>>
>>1348971
>.gif
I've been staring for 2 minutes now, nothings animated.
>>
>>1354936
Not all gifs are animated, dumbass
>>
>>1348701
I saw a video a while back of someone converting it to a regular scooter.
Basically he just drained the battery, brought it home and swapped the controller with a regular one off aliexpress. Most of these things just use standard scooters with some additional hardware for the unlocking.
>>
>>1354618
oh fuck the truth comes out save us elon send your pedo subs to burn chicago to the ground
>>
>>1357305
>the problem is getting it there
This please, I've been craving fiery death for months now and only Musk-chan's holy fire is deserving of my disgusting carbon XD
Retard
I mean you aren't wrong about Musk's plan being retarded, but current rail is more retarded. The japanese should be the ones to burn it to the ground, they run real trains that really work.
>>
>>1357451
Wtf cta is based
>>
>>1348675
>more flexible than a car
>less of a pain to use than a bicycle

Why does /n/ hate them?
They can easily be part of the solution.
It's not the companies' fault, that traffic code and other laws weren't quite ready, yet.
>>
>>1357451
I guess it's my fault for pretending to not be retarded, I just meant that >>1354618 is not much of a rebuttal to>>1354196
>>
>>1357571
Id consider it great if it were a substitute to cars, unfortunately they tend to just substitute walking or biking
Not to mention that people are encouraged to fucking leave them around
>>
>>1357750
>they tend to just substitute walking or biking
Well yeah, to the bus stop or train station.
My best guess would be they replace walking or biking, but otherwise that wouldn't have been walking or biking in the first place, but trips by car.
I have been hearing your claim over and over from many different people, but have never seen any actual data on it. Do you have any? I'd be interested.
>>
>>1357766
I can only give anecdotal evidence by living near a college campus in chicago
>>
>>1357768
fellow UIC bro?
>>
>>1357773
Yessir
>>
>>1357774
nice. went there from 2015-17. Looks like they finally finished renovating UH
>>
>>1357856
Only to replace it with three other construction projects
>>
>>1357571
Right and those factory owners who squished 7 year olds in machinery gears didn't do anything wrong either.
It's not their fault labor laws weren't up to code, yet.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>1350857
fuckin' based
>>
File: 1562258528720.jpg (1.35 MB, 1536x2560)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>1352031
Um... Foldable bikes are shit at being in subway.
With scooter I can put its deck under seat, and show fucking magic when it is time to leave the train. No folding required.
Even during rush hour (5+ niggers/m^2). Nobody notices my scooter, while your wheelchair bicycle doesn't fit anywhere, besides SUV trunk, at which point you're better installing bike rack on a car and getting normal bicycle.
If it is real rush hour (8+ niggers/m^2), I can fold it, put it between legs, and stand like white straight man, while your folding bike won't even fit, and it will fall over couple times.
Scooter can also fit in mini-bus no problem, while foldable bike - driver won't let you it, I tried.
>>
>>1350857
Likely related.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/07/02/49-electric-rental-scooters-smashed-in-st-paul-causing-thousands-of-dollars-in-damage/
>>
I can't believe how hypocritical bicyclists are, they complain about displacement by cars and then try their damndest to stop pedestrians and everything that isn't a classic road bike
>>
>>1358459
As a cyclist myself, I find if very easy to believe.
>>
>>1352326
Go on breeding Paco!
>>
>>1358459
I find that whatever form of transportation I use, the people using other forms are gigantic cunts.
>>
>>1358459
Wow, imagine a thread this long and reading literally none of the justifications
>>
File: vegans-vs-cyclists-comic.png (324 KB, 1000x1000)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>1358459
>>
>>1348675
I"m surprised there hasn't been a flurry of deconstruction instructions created to salvage the batteries to make shit like resistive, rechargeable hobo heaters/lights/power sources.

Wire up enough battery, and awesome shit could be made.

Or hell, cut the power to the squawker, repaint, free scooter to be used by the masses. Thought you all were the public transit board.

These damn things are basically gifts from the scavenging gods.
>>
>>1348681
We've already had 1 hit and run in Chicago already, & the companies don't want to turn over their GPS data to see who it was. They're doing it because they don't want to loose their chance at business, but it's still lawsuit time.
>>
>>1361182
Look at that fucking trash can of a person
>>
>>1359437
>rocklinger.su
>>
File: scooter.png (484 KB, 720x356)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
Is Salvation right around the corner?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.