[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: drt_mtn.jpg (285 KB, 1028x767)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
Old one hit image limit.
2600 ish meters of vertical.
50km ish total ride length.
>>
>>1347883
Roadie here, how does one find these MTB trails? Do you ride to the top or...?

What's the purpose of a dropper post on these bikes?
>>
File: cagers.jpg (127 KB, 705x400)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1347891
You cage there in your SUV, then you buy a lift ticket and ride to the top
>>
File: Untitled.png (405 KB, 487x475)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>1347892
Why not install a bike rack on your road bike, ride to the trail and then take the lift?
>>
Did 60 km on a rental fatty today. Nice to do some trails and not just always follow the white line.
>>
>>1347892
>being this mad that your bike only works on roads designed for cars
lol. have fun huffing exhaust, faggot.
>>
>>1347883
You can only brag about vertical if you climbed it on the bike. Even as a snowboarder who understands you had to fight all the way down, that's horseshit.
>>
File: biku_cubi.jpg (187 KB, 1200x900)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>1347907
I did climb all that. I would not brag about it otherwise.

>>1347891
What this guy >>1347892 says, does happen. I, however, just take a commuter train ( >tfw europe ) and ride for an hour. Then I go and get proper wrecked. As for the trails - they are just there. They were there before I was born and are going to be there long after I'm gone.

The dropper thing - when going down a difficult terrain, it is beneficial to lower your seat. A dropper allows to do it on the fly, so it is a massive boost to ergonomy. Especially when your trail is comprised mostly of short-ish downhills - as riding mountain chains tends to be ( take a look at the pic - see the path on the other mountain, I was ascending it 10 minutes later ).

Now I need to wait for that meloxicam to kick in. This boomer corpse of mine starts to show its age.
>>
File: Trekz_Air.png (366 KB, 1800x1200)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
Any of you use these? Been debating about getting a pair but I can't seem to bring myself to actually buy them.

I don't commute and only ride road, while the sound of my wheels and nature is nice it can get a bit boring on 100km+ rides.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16 KB, 521x309)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
I started off this ride in poor condition. Not even 10 miles in and I was sweating like a pig and felt burned. Attribute that to not being fully recovered from my 55mi ride on Friday and eating BBQ last night instead of carbs.

I managed to push through though. Second half after turn around point was good, mostly. The biggest issue was my sit bones, which was either due to the bibs I was wearing or the saddle.

Luckily I get my new bibs in tomorrow so we'll see.

How was your Father's Day ride /drt/?
>>
>>1347893
People might think I'm gay. Also I'd get all tired and I hate being tired.
>>
>>1347902
>ha ha I ruined the environment
Congratulations?
>>
>>1347972
t. person who's hobby wouldn't exist were it not for the wholesale plowing and paving of the earth.
>>
File: IMG_7303.jpg (3.89 MB, 3264x2448)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB JPG
>>1347927
hell no that bone conduction tech hideously overpriced and sounds like garbage its a made up safety thing do you have wheel reflectors on your road bike too ? i have have been pumping tunes for years while riding and never had a situtuation where an audible alert was life threatening. Go to /g/ and /iemg/ and you will find that the $30 TIn T2 and $6 BT MMCX adapter is the best sounding wireles headset you can get.. i love the shit out of mine and cycle everywhere with them and my samsung gearfit 2 watch (which is also an awesome GPS cycle computer/ heartrate / fitness tracker)
>>
File: IMG_8010.jpg (2.03 MB, 2448x3264)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
In other news built up basically a completely new bike from parts ... reusing only wheels forks and cranks....

went for a comfy ride on the river bike track. Drank plenty of Sauvignon Blanc popped plenty of wheelies and shredded some corners... im over the moon with this build :)

> then watched moon rise
>>
>>1347891
>how does one find these MTB trails?
There are websites that have directories of mountain bike trails. Just do a web search for mountain bike trails in your area. Some trails are at ski resorts and are maintained by the ski resort staff, whereas other trails that are more in wilderness areas are built and maintained by mountain bikers.

>Do you ride to the top
Depends. Most people cage to the trails unless they live really close, then they might ride from home. There's usually parking lots by the trails. It's kind of like going hiking. You cage to the trailhead parking lot, then head out on the trail. And yes you ride up and down. Some trails are steep, some are flat. This kind of riding is called 'cross country' or 'trail'.

The other kind of riding is 'downhill.' Specifically, lift-accessed downhill or shuttle-accessed downhill. Lift-accessed downhill takes place at downhill ski resorts during summer. People take the ski chairlifts up (there will be a hook on the chairlift for the bike to hang on) then ride down. For downhill that doesn't take place at ski resorts, there are trails that run alongside/near roads. People will take turns caging up with their friends, one will drive the car down and the others will bike down the trail, and they'll take turns being the downhill cager. Also, some popular places have shuttle services that work the same way except it's a paid driver instead of a friend.

On some trails, some people choose to bike up and down the trail while other people do the shuttle method at the same trail. Of course, with a lot of trails, the shuttle option is not an option because there's no road anywhere near the top of the trail, or because the trail has lots of ups and downs. In these cases you have to just ride the whole thing.

Droppers are because people often prefer to have a higher seatpost on flats and climbs, and lower on the descents (you'll be standing a lot during the descent, sitting a lot when climbing and on flats).
>>
>>1347996
Please tell me that's just meme graphics and not actual carbon stanchions.
>>
I rented a Ford GoBike and rode it 6.5 miles at an average pace of 8.9 mph. It was fucking hard. Am I really that out of shape or do these bikes just suck? I run fairly regularly...
>>
File: IMG_0292.jpg (1.63 MB, 2448x3264)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>1348031
Son..... I ...... I Am Dissapoint.....
>>
>>1347891
MTB Project if you're in the US. I dunno how much coverage it has in Canada or Europe. There's a website and an app. singletracks.com is good, too.

Droppers get your seat out of the way so that you can move around more during descents or technical bits and not get crotched. When riding MTB you're constantly moving your body around and using all of it to keep your bike in line.
>>
>>1347985
Weak attempt at a save, try again
>>
>>1347985
you got it backwards, homie.
bicycling became so popular that the general public demanded better roads, which led to concerted paving efforts.
this was before autos were being mass-produced. in fact, Ford's prototype was cobbled together out of many bike parts, most notably the wheels. there is footage of it running down a paved street. a street that was paved for bicycles.
the self-centered cage mentality has re-written history.
it was the car which benefited from existing bicycle infrastructure, not the other way around.
>>
>>1348037
not familiar with Ford GoBikes but if it's an off-the-street, unlock-with-cellphone rental, yes, those bikes are shit except for going faster than a quick walking pace. they weigh easily triple what even a low-end /n/approved bike weighs and the relaxed fit and geometry works against what your body's optimal efficiency is.
rent something from an actual bike shop or if no rentals, just say you want a short test ride and let the guy set you up on a bike that fits you. the experience will be relevatory
>>
>>1348167
Didn't you know Romans built their paved roads for automobile traffic?
>>
File: IMG_20190617_114241~2.jpg (679 KB, 1944x2592)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>1348180
so we can agree that roads were being paved well before the automobile's existance.
but let's see what Herlihy's book Bicycle, ©2004 by Yale University Press has to say on the topic.
pic related.
>>
File: 1329244872516.png (61 KB, 400x486)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
STOP FUCKING HONKING AT ME. IM THE FUCKING BIKELANE AND WHEN IM TURNING THROUGH AN INTERSECTION I STAY OUT OF YOUR WAY.

SURE YOU MAY BE INCONVENIENCED FOR A FEW SECONDS BUT THATS NO REASON TO FUCKING HONK.

JUST STOP
LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
File: new saddle buddy!.jpg (113 KB, 703x937)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Had a real shit start to my day but ended up ok. First delivery today, restaurant took forever to cook the meal and I had stacked deliveries. Next delivery, place gave me the wrong order and I didn't know until I was already at the customer's place. Told him to keep the order, called dispatch, and they told me to haul ass back to restaurant, pick up, then double back. I was already late on my schedule so I had to move 4 miles in 12 minutes, twice but only being paid once for that job thanks to the restaurant fucking up. Anyways, next delivery after that, I was being tasked with a 9 item order, 3 of them drinks. Told them NOPE, not going to do that many drinks, give it to someone else, so they gave me a big 10 item order instead. Restaurant fucks up sealing all the shit and it leaks through the paper bag and in my food bag. Dropped it off anyways, if they want to complain, talk to company or restaurant. I'm already having a shit day and won't deal.

Now, my patience was wearing thin but I told dispatch I'm rearranging myself to get out of the area I was in to move into an area I like just to prevent any more bad shit from happening or I'm clocking out. Things start going better, more like a normal day so I'm feeling better. Start getting into a good rhythm until some old shitfuck in an outdated Mercedes coupe, kicks his fucking door open 10ft in front of me and nearly doors me. I manage to dodge that shit within an inch of being doored. After that, I was on edge for the rest of the day but everything else after that went smoothly.

Even better, I found a new saddle buddy rolling around in the street in downtown next to this mall I hate picking up for. My current bike doesn't have space for my new buddy and I'm n=1 after cutting down all my bikes to just one bike but I've been eyeing another bike which will get this little guy when that time comes.
>>
>>1348307
Wait for the next light, open their back passenger door and cycle off while they have to deal with it
>>
>>1348307
When someone does that I always find a way to make them miss the next light. They completely lose their minds, it's hilarious.
>oh but they might kill you
Yeah because cagers really need a good reason to kill
>>
>>1348331
>>1348331
>giving customer free food
Nigga what you doing. that was free lunch. didn't you have spare space for that?
>>
>>1348370
Yeah, I had the space but don't care. I've had my fair share of free meals doing this gig for too long.
>>
>>1348404
NIgga always take free food. It's the best fucking perk man.

like without it you're just trading muscle for money. with it you get some muscle back. it's like 2% back at Costco an shit
>>
>>1348432
Not even breh, it was burgers and fries. All I eat is fucking burgers and fries, I'm getting sick of burgers and fries (and pizza too) Besides true best perk is eyefucking receptionists
>>
File: 1536708696650.gif (858 KB, 240x228)
858 KB
858 KB GIF
>>1348185
so basically bikes incubated the serpent's egg,
>>
>>1348598
more like cages are a parasite or an invasive species to the bike environment.
>>
File: fdgb.jpg (18 KB, 340x299)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>have deep section wheels
>mfw trying to descend in windy conditions
>>
File: 1547927692214.jpg (14 KB, 466x236)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Is it worth driving 4 hours for a really good climb that you're not even sure you can do? Prospected route would be 4000ft up then descending back down.

It's possible that I can only make it maybe half or less then have to turn around but maybe not.

I don't think there would be any place to stop and refill water on the way up so I would either have to carry a bidon in my jersey or make it up how ever far with just two bidons. I would also stop every so often at overloook points for pictures and such.

Then come back down and drive 4 hours home.

Could be an amazing experience or a waste of time.
>>
>>1348483
creep
>>
>>1347912
what bike is that one?
>>
Anyone have any bicycle and helmet mounted light recommendations?
>>
>>1348331
foodies have to do drinks ? ok WTF that is dumb ass shit
>>
>>1348692
Just do it™
>>1348717
>says the roastie returning the eyefuck
>>1348819
Not just any drinks, fountain drinks. I'm cool with cans but fuck anyone who orders fountain drinks and/or coffee. It makes no sense, the price of a fountain drink can buy more than 2 liters at the grocery. It is what is though, the courier industry is practically all food delivery now. A couple years ago, I used to move hard drives (aside from food) because it was faster than internet.
>>
>>1347912
that stem is ugly as fuck. it's so bad it distracts from the whole rest of the bike.
>>
>>1348829
>bitching about that stem
>not bitching about the cola
>>
>>1348756
giant makes some helmets with a nice clean looking clip in for the rear light.

if you want a helmet mounted front light, get something with a vent pattern such that you can easily zip tie your light mount into place.
>>
>>1347912
>drinking whatever you like on your ride and not caring what anyone else thinks
fuck yeah dude.

>single pivot suspension
ok this is honestly kinda pleb tier
>>
>>1348830
i assumed the coke was a plant to trigger people.
>>
>>1348740
Cube Fritzz 180 HPA 26, 2014 with a X-Fusion Metric HLR on the front.

>>1348829
It's like, your opinion man.

>>1348830
> 2019
> Still drinking isotonic "sports drinks"

>>1348854
Its a 4-bar FSR suspension. And there is literally nothing wrong with single pivots.

>>1348857
Coke is a mixture of sugar, caffeine and water. While I don't drink my calories, a single Coke on a trip where I consume upwards of 5k calories feels like heaven. Then it turns into disgusting toxic waste it usually is.
>>
>>1348857
Coke is an okay drink during hard exercise. The fizz can upset stomachs tho. You can also use certain candy bars like Payday instead of expensive shit like Clif. It's really easy to DIY tho. Right now I run on lightly sweetened iced matcha that I make, homemade fig bars, homemade nut bars. Expensive packaged shit is good for when you're away from home and don't have the means to DIY but that's about it.
>>
>>1348928
>Payday instead of expensive shit like Clif
Maybe if you're really strapped for cash and need to save $0.50. The calories might be roughly the same but Cliff bars have way more vitamins and minerals.
>>
>>1348827
I always thought bike couriers were the creepiest beta people this post just proves it
>>
>>1348972
Creepiest? Most likely, it takes a special crazy to wear out their body for this little money. (Different from how you wear out your body for money though) Beta? We're sigmas more often than not. Besides, you sound triggered, maybe I was right guessing you're a worn out roastie. I hope I didn't catch a disease eyefucking you.
>>
>>1348692
Take it as your progress bar.
Go once a month, and see how far you can make it before coming back.
>>
>>1348972
>>1348977
cringe
>>
>>1348934
All you're really looking for in the food bar is calories, sugar, a little sodium. With the peanut bar it's at least coming from a whole food rather than onions isolate, and peanuts are a good source of certain vitamins and minerals, too. I've seen convenience stores selling Clif for $3 a pop, with candy bars at less than $1, and I like to save anywhere I can. And as I said, it's best to DIY this shit. It takes maybe a half hour to whip up a bunch of peanut bars or rice cakes, avoiding processed food shit and saving even more money.
>>
>>1348979
That's not an option really. I'll be going to VA, from Fl for a 10 day school then back to FL after.

I already decided I'm going to go, worst that can happen is I get out, bonk before I even make it 500ft then have to come back but that'll beat thinking "I wonder how it would have gone if I went".
>>
File: 1548034873722.png (260 KB, 551x551)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>Buy 5k+ full carbon road bike
>Remove all lube from chain so it squeals like a stuck pig
>Put card in spokes so it sounds like a motor cycle
>Show up to local group ride
>?????
>>
File: IMG_2914.jpg (1.48 MB, 3441x2211)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>
>>1349037
> Turns out all of them don't maintain their bikes
> All squeak of broken pressfit BBs and loose headsets
> Chains shiny because no lube
> Looks good in front of Starbucks
> Meanwhile a NEET on an oily, steel Huffy is faster then all of them
>>
File: lazy dr.jpg (1.02 MB, 2160x1497)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
lazy dr with Perro and weed yesterday. finished work early, warm autumn afternoon, perfect for a lazy ride. only 12 k along the river, ending with a litttle nap in the river beach close to my house.

although unstoppable Perro must have run about 65k. have you seen the Herzog's doc "Happy People"? i think Perro did.

today's gonna be a little harsher, i'm going to do a lap of about 60k on rural roads around a nearby lagoon, it's going to be mostly mud and mosquitos. mud is fun, though.
>>
File: IMG_2926.jpg (2.01 MB, 3764x1686)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
antennafarm,,,birthplace of KSVL.,
,,,oldways,,fade.
>>
File: IMG_2927.jpg (2.59 MB, 3459x2752)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2925.jpg (2.41 MB, 3508x2369)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>
>>1349027
Cliff bars around here for $1.50 more or less and PayDays $1.20 so the difference is minimal but with that said and done, I was at the convenience store today and PayDays were on sale for 3/$2 so I tried some. I'll give it to you, they're pretty good actually. Relatively clean energy from a candy bar, hits fast, and taste good being whole peanuts. The thing is, the energy fades quick compared to other energy bars.
>>
the plan for solstice eve was a sunrise and a sunset mtb ride. sunrise went as planned-started at 5:30, 23 miles, 2600'. but i came down hard while waiting for the sunset ride, so we made it an early afternoon ride instead, since i knew i wouldn't make it to an 8:30 start. still completed the ride, though-16 miles, 1700'. total for the day 39 miles, 4300', which is pretty good for a noob who's old best was 18 miles, 1800'. unfortunately pics are all on my camera, and i'm too busted to upload them now.
>>
>>1349464
nice
>>
File: 20190621_174007_noexif.jpg (877 KB, 2048x1460)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
Solstice-eve double century
Boy are my legs tired
>>
File: IMG_2931.jpg (3.46 MB, 3851x2994)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
>>1349834
n,,i,,c,,eeeee!
>>
>>1349849
thank you bacon-san
>>
File: 1556416976805.png (1.54 MB, 1039x1540)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>1347883
it really is crazy how fast one can make cardio gains. I have been lifting weights for 4-5 years now and neglected cardio for pretty much the entirety of that. Went from struggling to ride 15k to doing 50k rides in a few weeks. Yesterday I maintained 29kph for the first 45-50min of my ride before only dropping off slightly to 28kph at the hour mark. Not anything special really but considering 30kph wouldve burned me out within minutes when I started it seems like great progress being able to hold that for an hour now.

Never really saw that quick of an improvement when I was running a while back. Also it seems like in my last longer ride (2.5h) the main problem wasnt physical fitness or strength but just that I didnt bring anything to eat and my water was running out a few kilometers before the end. So I had a dry mouth and was hungry af at the end. Who knows maybe I am not totally terrible at t his endurance thing.
>>
File: 1558490161282.jpg (49 KB, 345x412)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>left turning intersections always scared the shit out of me
>could never figure out the best way to corss them becasue that meant crossing two lanes of traffic to get into the turn lane
>was scared to go straight across and wait for traffic light to change becasue I would be in the road or have to do some awkward maneuver
>dawned on me yesterday that I should just:
>wait in the bike lane for both turn arrows to
turn green on each side, while straight is
red
>go from the bike lane, in front of the stopped
straight traffic and meet up on the outside
with the turning traffic
>Tried it yesterday and it worked flawlessly
>This avoids trying to cross to the turn lane and any awkward maneuvers
>I've been biking for 3 years and these types of intersection turns I've always avoided or routed around them
>mfw

I feel like a whole new set of paths have opened to me.
>>
>have crush on a girl
>things aren't panning out well for me, very stressed
>be at work right now
>want nothing more than to get home and take my frustration out on a long bike ride

i'm fucking PENT up
>>
File: 1332191565544.gif (930 KB, 448x252)
930 KB
930 KB GIF
>>1349920
>getting frustrated over a girl

Gonna let you in on a secret. You're one of maybe of at least 5 guys she's currently got orbiting her.

Unless you're chad you're just getting used for things such as emotional tampon, free meals/rides what ever.

There's nothing to gain from what you're doing to yourself and there's nothing to gain from pursuing the modern female.

Stop stressing over some thot who doesn't even know you exist and focus on yourself and go your own way.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 518x318)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>live in FL
>found a place where I could do "hill" repeats
>had a fucking blast

Route was basically hitting two bridges and crossing over underneath. On one side going up I had a good tail wind and could sprint on the other side was a strong headwind that made it difficult.

Definitely will be doing this more in the future.
>>
>>1349892
Food becomes incredibly important after 2 hours or so, as you've burned through your glycogen stores by then. Don't wait until after that's happened to start eating. Taking in calories and carbs should start happening after an hour at most.
>>1349920
iktf bro. I met a girl this week and am developing severe oneitis for the first time in years. She's like Hinako from Long Riders except 5'11". muh. Didn't even know my brain was still able to do that. I'm thinking of doing aggressive MTBing tomorrow so that I get killed and don't have to have this bullshit in my head.
>>
File: reflective for safety.jpg (308 KB, 1250x2500)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
went for a riverside mup cruise. lots of normies/freds/etc acting up in their own unique ways. smoked a blunt under a bridge. pretty comfy.
>>
>>1350101
cursed image
>>
>>1350109
why lol?
>>
Dear diary today I punched a bunch of nettles.
It sucks.
>>
>>1350101
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>1350289
DUDE UR ANNOYING LMAO
>>
File: IMG_2934.jpg (2.06 MB, 1798x2671)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
Mmmmmm,,dripline.,nomore waterhaul.
>>
>>1350528
This record rainfall throughout the Midwest to the Plains and even Central Southwest makes for a nice start of summer, right? Stay comfy, Bacon!
>>
>>1350009
yeah that was the first time I really felt extremly hungry and I could just feel the wall I was hitting because I ran out of fuel. So what would you recommend I take with me to eat ? Preferably nothing too expensive.
>>
>>1350538
bread, crackers, fruit, halva, dates, candy, cheese, chips, salami, cookies, granola. anything that you can eat without preparation. regular grocery store food is fine, no need for any fancy bars or gels. if you have a bag and not just jersey pockets, you can pack real meals in a tupper. the possibilities are endless. in Mexico they have a snack called "alegria" made of amaranth and honey. it's perfect for cycling because it is easy to eat and well balanced between sugar and protein.
>>
File: IMG_8168.jpg (2.37 MB, 3264x2448)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
>>1347883
Can't explain shit about how I got here but I'm here.
>>
>>1350681
it looks really nice there, friend
I hope your journey treats you well wherever it takes you
>>
File: delet.png (87 KB, 578x547)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>1350111
ghosts bro
>>
File: woah.jpg (113 KB, 840x440)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>1350681
did you wake up and drop a couple tabs and wind up somewhere you didn't know you could be
>>
>>1350681
>see meme bar setup and assume you to be a fixie hipster faggot at first glance
>see that you're actually not a fixie hipster faggot
I don't know how to feel right now. I love aero bars (and have a set on my hybrid and am considering also putting a set on my old ten speed), but I don't approve of those makeshift bullhorns.
>>
>>1350742
>has a set of aerobars on his hybrid
kys.jpg
>>
I just left my bike at the LBS for a new BB yesterday. They're closed today, I pick up my bike tomorrow, but the anxiety of someone else finger fucking my bike is killing me. Once I get my bike back tomorrow, I'm thinking about ordering a 3/32 OriginH8 48t chainring, DuraAce 3/32 16T rear sprocket with lockring, KMC 3/32 single speed chain, and RockBros pinned flats.
>>
>In VA for the next 10 days
>Woke up at 4am, got little to no sleep
>Drove for 9hr from FL to VA
>Brought my bike
>Jumped on Strava
>Clicked somewhere I wanted to go, clicked where I was staying
>Went out on ride
>Not a bike lane to be found
>Long stretch of road was two lane with multiple blind corners, no shoulder to speak of
>Lot of traffic
>Couldn't ride on white line due to reflectors
>Was waiting for someone to fly around a corner and take me out or hit on coming traffic

Jesus what a terrifying ride that was. I think I'm just gonna do laps around where I'm staying and try the residential area that I went through that was really nice.

Serves me right for not properly planning a route with ridewithgps, street view and heat maps.

I though I was gonna fucking die bros.
>>
File: IMG_8175.jpg (3.18 MB, 9142x2990)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>1350682
thanks fren
>>1350724
lel i wish .. i normally take the train south to the gold coast for a 50k but that line was closed this weekend for maintenance so i just caught a few random trains north on the new recliffe line. Saw a new biketrack in the middle of no where. Got off and with no plans or idea where i was i made it to the ocean and once there did a loop of the bay. I had a knarly 30km SE headwind but i still enjoyed it... it was darn cold out at the pier luckiy i bought a jumper and and jacket and gloves.
> TFW its so windy people next to you cant tell your blazing ;)n
>>1350742
they arent bullhorns they are just the stock bars with drops cut off.. i never used them since i went aero... it certainly does trigger people
>>
File: IMG_20190623_154930_067.jpg (223 KB, 1080x807)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
17 miles, had a flat so used a whole thing of CO2
>>
>>1347912
nice brakes
>>
>>1347995
how do people not die when they use those on roads.. i would not want to go there with something that disturbs me constantly and makes hearing what happens behind me impossible.
>>
>>1350879
why didnt you replace it yourself then? if you can replace the other parts then you can do that too.
>>
File: IMG_20190623_154956.jpg (446 KB, 2160x1620)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
a mountain bike dying of boredom in the flattest patch of land on all earth.
about 50k on a very gray day. nice ride, anyway.
>>
Did my first 600 km brevet with 5200 metres climbing. Total time 39 hours including a wild camp plus stops. Aching now. I think I probably averaged about 18 km/h with all my shit on the bike.
>>
>>1351317
what happens behind you is anxiety inducing and utterly out of your control. You just ride the best line you can and hope for the best.
>>
>>1351224
that hand looks like a creep trying to feel up your bike, and those red grips clash so hard it detracts from an otherwise cool bike.
triggered/10
>>
>>1351326
My cranks were completely seized to the square taper and didn't want to deal with it. I'll let the LBS handle that problem
>>
File: 1559460440100.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1200)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>1351385
might be weird but i like knowing what happens around me also i want the rides to be comfy so the only electricity powered device that i have with me is a simple bike computer.
>>
>>1351101
Oh god this new route was so much better. It's basically a down and back, then going through some residential areas but I'm not to concerned since it's only 10 days.

RwGPS had some wonky pathing so I'll have to revise it slightly but there's no roads like there were yesterday.

It may just be the area but VA drivers seems more helpful to cyclists, when I look behind me and signal to cross the lane they actually let me go instead of slowing down like they're gonna let me go then speed around me and blow their horn.
>>
File: IMG_7974.jpg (912 KB, 3264x2448)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
Saw this on the way to a mates place last night....

WELL HAVE YOU ????
>>
>>1351394
I have some red pinned flats that I'm supposed to be putting on soon
>>
>>1351777
what makes you think red anything goes with that bike?
adding more won't balance it out, it'll just look more awkward
>>
File: IMG_2939.jpg (1.15 MB, 3063x2231)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2940.jpg (2.14 MB, 3700x2863)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>
>>1351651
Who the fuck are they to be checking your bearings lately?
>>
>>1350879
when people like you bring their bikes into my shop I rub my sweaty cock all over it and then jizz down the seat tube before I give it back
>>
File: 3253425.jpg (87 KB, 645x773)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Just returned from my trip to Pisgah National Forest lads.
>>
Tweaked the style for my openstreetmap Garmin map so it shows me which intersections have traffic lights. I've been wandering around in areas I'm less familiar with and its easier to cross some of the busier roads at a light. Easier, as in not a complete clusterfuck with random people in one direction or the other slowing or stopping causing traffic to bunch up.
>>
>>1352073
I think it was referring to car / truck trailers. Funnily enough my road BB bearings failed my inspection the next day.
>>
File: spoiler-vg1.png (209 B, 100x100)
209 B
209 B PNG
I enjoy riding but I can get bored near the end of my rides, try to do 20-35 miles daily. I was thinking of chancing it with some headphones.

Does music really make that much of a difference?
>>
>>1352167
YES. just find some good mixtapes and spin those cranks...

I find synthwave / atmospheric drum and bass / melodic breaks all really get me in the mood ...YMMV
>>
>>1352171
Think I'll try those bone conducting headphones. I know someone posted about them being memes but I've had way to many close calls to feel comfortable wearing IEM's.
>>
>>1352189
i was the one who said they are memes they are expensive and sound shit... if iems are too much isolation there are open back earbuds that are a happy medium that will let you hear stuff and sound great.

https://audiobudget.com/product/Headroom/MS16

t. spends all his time on /g/ talking about IEMs
>>
File: godfuckingdamnit.jpg (592 KB, 2000x2000)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
this morning sucked.
>headed downtown after the rain let up, casual pace, traffic is fucked
>try to move around a car that's halfway in bike lane
>hit brand new crosswalk marker at wrong angle
>frontwheelslide.jpg
>on the ground before i can do anything about it
>land on waist bag with phone and camera inside
>flat on back in crosswalk, can't help but laugh at myself for being so shite
>bike is unhurt, but my gear is trashed
>>
File: fuckmywholelife.jpg (473 KB, 2000x2000)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>1352216
>>
File: banana-rail (1).jpg (129 KB, 1000x433)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>1352216
>>1352217

OOOOOFFF... yeah your phone is much safer in your pants pocket in a crash..

a few weeks ago the edge of my foam grip clipped one of these poorly lit fuckers and spewed me, my bike, and the contents of my bag including my macbook air over a 5 metre debris field. Not a scratch on anything. Not even a bend on my iphone 6....

Sometimes you get lucky pal sometimes you don't :/

https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/traffic-and-transport/roads-infrastructure-and-bikeways/bikeway-and-pathway-projects/bicycle-deflection-rail-removal-strategy
>>
>>1352217
Ouch, is it actually bent in addition to the cracked screen? Fell flat on my backpack with a laptop in it once destroying the screen.
>>
>>1352228
those banana bar things look fucking awful.

>>1352229
totally bent - the lens wouldn't even open/extend
>>
File: bUntitled.jpg (336 KB, 1437x1137)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>1352228
I'm not sure if these are more to slow people down before the road or to keep vehicles out considering in many places a vehicle could just drive around them. There are also plenty spots that don't have them at all. I usually pass them with a quick zig-zag motion, occasionally a bit too fast for my own good. Even "locked" they swing upwards of a foot, so to my surprise discovered they are not ideal to hang onto while stopped. At least during the winter they open them all up so the paths can get ploughed.

They installed them in the middle of a curve at a new rail crossing this month. Which is a bit awkward to ride around.
>>
>>1352229
yeah its bent and apple wont touch it with a 10 foot pole.... meybe if you know that one repair shop all the asians go to they might give it an honest go...its the reason why i still have a my old iphone 5s and 4s ready to pop the sim in an go....

>>1352238
they are exactly the height of your bars and will fuck your shit... thats why the link i posted said the council is removing them
> to prevent vehicles
> vehicle tracks on left of photo

its a city planner / boomer meme from the 90's to slow them damn cyclist down

> 20 years pass
> does not effect thin electic ride share scooters doing 25km/h

THE HILARITY

>>1352258
awfull but i could how that could actually stop a car... recumbents must feeel triggered
>>
>>1347891
>purpose of a dropper post on these bikes?
for flat sections or going up hill the high seat postion is best
but down hill the angle gets too steep so the weight of the rear wheel and the rider is above the head set
hitting a bump too hard or slowing down too quickly in this postion can cause the rider to go over the handle bars or for the front wheel to loose lateral stabilty

with the seat lower one can stand on the pedals to isolate the bikes movement
but more importantly one can sit further back and lower down keeping ones weight more above or even behind the rear wheel in order to keep a more even balance and better controll

so there is a need to change the seat post hight
on older bikes you either deal with it and go more slowly or only lower the seat for the steepest sections
early products to ease this include HITE RITE and its later variant IRD Remote Quick Release
>>
>>1352286
>apple wont touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Yeah, Apple doesn't fix Sony cameras.
>>
>>1352421
Sony builds the camera modules in the iPhone

> checkmate
>>
>>1352167
>>1352171
>>1352189
>>1352206
Went ahead and got the Trekz and they're pretty good. Pulled them outta the box, put on some harstyle and went out. They died near the end of my ride which I guess is fine since I took them outta the box and did 33miles.

Didn't have any issues with sound quality or excessive wind noise drowning out the sound. They also didn't interfere with my glasses.

It was a bit wonky getting my helmet on, I found it better to put my helmet on then fit the trekz over the straps as opposed to putting th straps over the trekz.

So far I'd say they're worth the money and really helped out with the motivation which the numbers show.
>>
>>1352145
that's in the South East US, right? maybe Tennessee?
>>
>>1352436
Apple doesn't fix shit
Checkmate2
>>
>>1352650
>4chinz can't into superscript
HIROSHIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
File: trekz air.jpg (184 KB, 1249x937)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>1352618
>Instructions says to charge before use REEEEE
Anyways~ I love my set, a little overpriced but IMO worth it. On a full charge they last their advertised life, more if not blasting at full volume. I made an 9 hour ride a few weeks ago and they held up. I like to use mine listen to synthwave and say things to Google Assistant on a ride sometimes, makes me feel BladeRunner AF. I've been thinking of finding language learning audio book things to listen to on my rides. Audio quality isn't as bad as Zishan is saying. I prefer these over IEMs because I can't standing feeling my heart thumping in my ears during hard rides and over ears get gross after a few rides. IP55 rated makes these rain resistant too.
>>
>>1352665
How does the mic fare while riding?
>>
File: loop side velcro.jpg (283 KB, 1300x866)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>1352670
eh, that's the part where it fails. Even with the 2nd mic added (compared to OG Trekz Titanium) for noise cancellation wind noise is a problem while riding. I still haven't tried sticking some soft side of the velcro patches with hole cutouts around the 2 mics. I either have to turn my head to the right to block the wind, shout my google commands, or slow down.
>>
>>1352687
It's better to get one of these, cutting a small bit and gluing it over the microphone holes
https://www.amazon.com/Stage-Foam-Ball-Type-Windscreen-Black/dp/B0002GXF8Q/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_US=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=microphone+filter&qid=1561604723&s=gateway&sr=8-1
you don't need hole cutouts and it works great
I found an example video
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Puy2fNyD-Y?t=130
>>
>>1352689
That's an even better idea! I might have some sacrificial mic foam somewhere but at that cheap, I already saved it in my amazon buy later list.
>>
File: IMG_8200.jpg (2.31 MB, 3264x2448)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
Stopped to drink some wine and this happened.

KIno.
>>
>>1352733
blazing and cycling is far more complimentary imo
>>
File: IMG_8198.jpg (2.01 MB, 3264x2448)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>1352733 #
> incriminating yourself on 4chan ...

Yeah Pal. We all don't talk about what we actually consume on rides.. .
>>
saw some old guy riding a brompton outside of a halfway house for drug addicts....thought of bromptonboi
>>
>>1352742
GoGurt?
>>
File: 1f914.png (24 KB, 512x512)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>1352790
What were you doing near a halfway house?
>>
Huge fucking tree branch fell on my head from a tree while I was riding today
Got a bump on my temple and my left arm is on fire but otherwise I'm fine
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 188x269)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>grabble ride
>bring just one spare toob
>flat rear
>fix
>few more miles
>flat front
>well fuck a duck
>walk 6 miles back to civilization
>score a date with a fucking awesome girl along the way
>mfw
God is great
>>
>>1352967
imagine if you had carried another tube or patch kit. no qt 4 u.
>>
>>1349033
Just take it easy and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1352618
Was not feeling it today at all. Tomorrow is an off day then Saturday I'm driving 4 hours to a climb thats 20mi, 4000ft up. The goal is to make it up to 4000ft so we'll see how it goes.
>>
File: IMG_2883.jpg (844 KB, 3146x1585)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_8214.jpg (1.77 MB, 3264x2448)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
Dear lord who art in Heaven thank you for

> carbon fibre linkage forks
> aluminium frames
> hydraulic disc brakes
> Hollowtwch bottom brakets
> Indexed shifting and hyperglide cassettes

AMEN
>>
File: rps20190627_2132 to43.jpg (26 KB, 1080x389)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I lost count of laps and stopped one early, still happy with the pace though
>>
File: IMG_20190625_103516.jpg (712 KB, 1600x1200)
712 KB
712 KB JPG
Swimmin deck handstand. Its 90 degrees plus here in missouri.

Did a 100k group charity ride and I was shivering and cramping for the last 15k. I guess I've got to get htdration tablets but they taste like crap and are pricey. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>1352819
>What were you doing near a halfway house?

Visiting my weed guy. But it's actually a nice gentrified neighborhood filled with boomers in victorian houses. but the halfway house has been there for 40 years.
>>
File: IMG_20190628_120811.jpg (984 KB, 1600x1200)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
Rode 21 miles in the midday missouri sun. Saw 1 other biker. Saw JROTC running. Buzzed the dam a few times
>>
File: IMG_20190628_125317.jpg (767 KB, 1600x1200)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>1353383
JROTC kids out carrying a stretcher in the heat
>>
File: watsons.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>1353383
oh and I adjusted the saddle up a bit because you guys correctly noted in a /pybt/ that it was a few degrees too nose-down. As comfy as before but easier on the armies. thanks /n/
>>
My plan for this year was to mix up my routes a bit. But I ended up re-riding the entire city again. 2 more rides will cover the bulk of the roads. Then a few early morning rides to cover some major thoroughfares.

I did end up coming up with some new preferred routes to different parts of the city.
>>
Alright lads this is my planned ride for tomorrow.

It's about a 4 hour drive away. Looking at google street view the roads look okay but the view is a few years old.

There's no bike lines or even shoulders on the mountain road but I can't imagine there would be a lot if any traffic.

I'm bringing enough bars/gels to get me through a week's worth of rides. The only issue comes to water, hopefully there's fountains at the lookouts to refill if need be.

When I lived in Hawaii my longest ride was 68 miles with 3000ft of elevation so I should be okay, according to RwGPS the max grade is 10%, no idea what's that like I can't recall the grades that were in Hawaii.

Worst comes to worst I'll just turn around but I don't know when, if ever I'll get the opportunity to do a ride like this again so even if I bonk after 100 feet of climbing at least I can say I went.
>>
>>1353383
peak boomer
>>
File: thorny.jpg (1.87 MB, 3600x1361)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>1352733
that´s a nice spot, anon.

>>1352737
yeah, i think the same, but a bit of good red wine while strolling is also nice.

today hitted a trail i'm slowly making in a nearby small patch of forest. some small jumps, gaps and drops, all in a mostly flat trail. i'm learning to navigate some of the more difficult (for me) zones, but as the terrain is mostly flat and the trail winds around the trees, getting some speed is a pain in the ass.
also bushes and trees here are full of sharp thornes, and i got grated as a parmesano after every landing slightly out of the trail
>>
File: YEET.jpg (153 KB, 1249x937)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>1353406
yw fren, I was the one who agreed with the other anon about saddle down. Saddle down destroys my wrists, I don't know how some do it

>>1347883
NEW DRIVETRAIN DAY
>>
>>1353508
> Dura-Ace single sprokets ?
Well ill be Damned... had no no idea these existed what metal are they made out of ?

>Multi BCD Chain ring...
those guys are being cheap

>KMC chain
hollow pin is where its at

> Fox Headset crown
Should have given you the black Chris King one i had lying around
>>
File: R0005032.jpg (1.8 MB, 4462x3570)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
Went on a memorial ride for a cyclist killed on Monday. The police showed up and escorted the cyclist to the destination.

Relevant Link: https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2019/06/24/bicyclist-fatally-struck-by-truck-in-manhattan
>>
File: R0004989.jpg (3.42 MB, 6000x4000)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
The police directed us to the sidewalks to prevent traffic from being blocked. Cagers honked like mad men while the police were diverting traffic.
>>
File: R0005051.jpg (1.87 MB, 4347x3478)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
Overall the NYPD was somewhat respectful of the memorial service. I guess it would be bad publicity to break up a memorial for a dead cyclist.
>>
File: R0005056.jpg (2.21 MB, 4034x3227)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
Some people decided to hand their bikes on the scaffolding.
>>
File: R0005060.jpg (2 MB, 4000x5000)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
Saw some interesting signs.
>>
>>1352790
9/10 it was some cheap knock off. Probably a citizen or a Tern.
>>
File: R0005084.jpg (1.52 MB, 4532x3626)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
Robyn's family and friends spoke about her after the ghost bike was installed.
>>
File: R0005091.jpg (3.15 MB, 4000x6000)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
Prayers and condolences were exchanged.
>>
>>1353669
>Well ill be Damned... had no no idea these existed what metal are they made out of ?
Chromoly but doesn't say exact grade but I trust Shimano and their Dura-Ace line
>those guys are being cheap
OriginH8 is a budget tier parts maker, the Dura-Ace rear sprocket cost a couple dollars more than the OriginH8 chainring so it's weird pairing a top tier sprocket work a budget tier chainring
>hollow pin is where its at
D: 3/32 was out of stock, overpriced, or didn't come in long enough length
>Should have given you the black Chris King one i had lying around
But I'm a F O X fanboi from my mtb days

These were all parts I bought from extra money I had after replacing my BB since LBS was able to spare my cranks and do the job for a great rate.
>>
File: R0005110.jpg (3.34 MB, 4490x3592)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB JPG
We were handed candles to place near the ghost bike.
>>
File: R0005127.jpg (3.68 MB, 3727x5858)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
I placed my candle and went home.

Bonus Fun Fact: Another cyclist was killed the same night in Brooklyn. Also fuck de Blasio, vision zero my ass.

Relevant link: https://gothamist.com/2019/06/28/cyclist_brooklyn_death_nyc.php

Please ride safe my fellow /n/ bros!
>>
>>1352217
>Sorny
S
>>
>>1353771
Zero accountability, zero fucks given.
>>
>>1353771
>fixie
S
>>
>>1353861
Elaborate on your point. Someone was killed by a driver that was not held accountable for their actions.

>Inb4 cyclist need to be held accountable, held accountable for not trying to die at the hands of obviously incompetent drivers?
>>
>>1353827
>>1353865
Are you having a fucking stroke?
>>
File: strava6383677248502315074.jpg (1.1 MB, 1440x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>1353425
I fucking did it lads.
>>
>>1353771
if I stole the wheels would I be haunted ?
>>
File: Robyn Heightman.png (1.22 MB, 1412x682)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>1353754
>>1353756
>>1353759
>>1353760
>>1353761
>>1353765
>>1353766
>>1353771
>Robyn was a glowing personality, that showed up to race in New York City a few months ago, made it her dream, made it come true, came here and had made such an impact with that beautiful energy
>it was Heightman’s first day as a bike messenger
>According to cycling team Supermint where Heightman served as an ambassador, the 20-year-old was passionate about biking, using it as a way to find independence and confidence after being a homeless youth
F
>>
File: IMG_20190629_192121_1.jpg (748 KB, 1920x1440)
748 KB
748 KB JPG
>>
File: WIT.jpg (97 KB, 970x545)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>1353889
>>
File: IMG_2948.jpg (1.64 MB, 2328x3024)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>1353889
YAAAAAA!.,dous Proud.
>>
File: IMG_2945.jpg (472 KB, 2722x985)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2946.jpg (407 KB, 2634x815)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2944.jpg (1.34 MB, 2939x1526)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>
I got a mood for a night ride. Wish me luck bros. Soon.
>>
>>1353899
That's fucking awful. F
>>
>>1353891
That's some degenerate level shit, even niggers have more decency.
>>
File: peak_autism.jpg (511 KB, 1500x1125)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
50 kilmetres into a road ride. Watching my bike, while watching trains. Peak autism.
>>
>Go on vacation for a week with soe friends
>alcohol and pot everywhere
>shitty food every day
>get back home
>get on the bike
>ride 20 flat km
>die
Back to square one!
ffffff
>>
>>1354070
tell us about this ride. at first glance it looks like a pretty sweet MTB/Road bike hybrid.
>>
>>1354090
An I just noticed that my sweatshirt matches my bike
>>
>>1354116
Forgot this
>>
>>1354107
It's a Cube disc trekking frame ( Tour-something-something ) with a Suntour 28" air fork lowered to 30mm. My elbows like the suspension. The rest just got built to be more road friendly - drop bars, 32mm tyres, microshift arsis brifters, campy front mech, shimmy rear mech, spyres for braking. 180/160 rotors. 50/39 claris cranks, 11-32 11 speed cassette.
>>
Discovering your tire is flat before a 4 am ride is the kind of thing that makes you want to just go back to sleep. But I swapped tubes and went for 76 km. Time for breakfast.
>>
>>1354090
>not taking your bike with you and experiencing a new place to cycle
>>
CANYON opened up a pop-up store in Brussels for the Tour de france that starts here next week, and they're organizing daily group rides to commemorate this. I was able to ride a high specced pro bike for 80km along with other people who signed up, for free. It was an awesome experience. Now to go back to my basic alu bike
>>
>>1347883
The seat on my 10 year olf walmart mtb broke yesterday. I found a seat in the woods at some weird abandoned camp site. Fits like a glove.
>>
>been windy as fuck all summer
>brand new deep section wheels
>finally one windless day
>tfw
>>
File: 11.jpg (813 KB, 1264x948)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>1347883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzrQid7DSY
>>
File: IMG_2949.jpg (621 KB, 2088x1215)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2963.jpg (308 KB, 1587x699)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2961.jpg (1.22 MB, 2871x1578)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2964.jpg (784 KB, 3485x1565)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>have heat rash on legs
>mfw scratching it after a long ride in the heat

I don't understand how it causes such a euphoric feeling but I can't think of hardly anything that feels this fucking good.
>>
>>1347883
I got caught in heavy rain then got t-boned by a car today. Got away with only road rash and bruises but my knee and ankle iss sore. Still have to fully inspect the bike but it also seems ok. I was able to ride home. I'm more mad about the rain ending as I got home.
>>
>>1354314
God dammed these are comfy
>>
File: ZISHAN PANO.jpg (2 MB, 4748x1491)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
Caught the Train to the Goldy and did a 50km loop. Was an absolutely Kino Day. Really Pushed Hard to up my average speed. Bit sore thismorning lads... ;)n
>>
File: pbj.jpg (525 KB, 1855x805)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>1347883
2 hours around town, couple laps of the skatepark, jibbing off curbs, found some dirt doubles in the woods behind a school.
same basic setup, but i replaced that black 25t sprocket with a gold 30t this winter (30-11)
>>
File: 1335999582512.jpg (29 KB, 528x543)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1353889
>>
>>1353771
>those notes
what a tragedy
>>
>>1353921
>>1353922
fucking A.
dynamite shots, bacon
>>
>>1354160
that's super cool, man.
what differences do you notice most between your bike and the Canyon?
>>
Did a quick 8 miles in the rain. Shit was kinda fun. Hadn't ridden my newish bike in super wet conditions yet. Disc brakes are sweet.
>>
>>1353889
How fast do you gotta go, lad?
>>
>>1354439
fast enough to make us all feel like girly men
>>
>>1354372
bike looks like a busted chick with double-wide tits wearing last year's Prada.
>>
>>1354437
proper 'ard, lad. good on ye
>>
>>1347927
i spent $80 on a pair and music sounds like shit on them. I listen to a lot of podcasts and audio books and they are great for those.
And yeah its pretty nice being more aware of your surroundings. Overall im happy with them.
>>
File: IMG_2957.jpg (827 KB, 2619x1391)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
basedummy.
>>
>>1354429
I'd say the frameset felt like a huge upgrade. It felt right away like a cleaner, snappier and superior ride. I was really confident in everything I did.
It also had Di2, kinda cool but I don't know if it's that much of an upgrade to a well atuned quality mechanical groupset.

I rode the ultimate (aero disc ultegra di2), I'm planning to buy the lower specced version with the same frame because it was a very nice ride but I don't need all the top end stuff
>>
File: IMG_2959.jpg (1017 KB, 2564x1508)
1017 KB
1017 KB JPG
>>1354798
KEK!,,typed so. Yummy conjunction!
,,,,doitagain!
basedummy!
>>
File: talon 2.png (574 KB, 1091x684)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
Got pic related. Which upgrades should I make (other than the suntour upgrade fork), and what colors would go well with orange? I was thinking a pair of orange race face pedals.
>>
>>1351224
>>1351224
return of the claw! reeeeeee

let out the CO2 from those tires when you get a chance and fill it back up with pump air. The CO2 escapes over time.
>>
>>1352051
this new alfalfa flavored blow is moo-arvelous
>>
>>1352228
Call a lawyer and sue the city. They'll settle. Go to the doctor now if you are injured and document it. There are dozens of lawyers in large cities who exclusively do 'slip and fall'. Australia has a personal injury tort system, take advantage of it.
>>
>>1352647
North Carolina
>>
>>1354901
don't do the cringe matchey matchy bro. Don't do orange highlights
>>
>>1354901
do the matchy matchy.

>>1354992
don't listen to this faggot
>>
>>1354983
that the thing i didnt get hurt and the link i posted was the councils glacial plan to remove them. They know darn well they are dangerous by now.
>>
File: IMG_0006.jpg (2.53 MB, 2592x1944)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>1354992
dont do the matchey matchy especially on pedals i have had a pair of magnesium DMR V12 that i bought in for my 2007 trials bike go on 2 more bikes (one which was a road bike) and then my current Machine.

>>1355000
dont listen to this faggot
>>
>>1355014
well no damage no recovery. unless you had damaged property as a result of the fall.

>They know darn well they are dangerous by now.

Generally the rule for negligence on the part of the municipal authority in the Western world is that they only become negligent if and when someone has notified them of the issue. Here you call #311 and once you tell them of the pothole/broken curb/obstruction they are on the hook for the damages.

>>1355016
>magnesium DMR V12

I was always scared to experiment with lighter alloys than aluminum in the pedals. Because Magnesium is light but brittle I was scared a pedal strike would just cause it to break like a cookie.

Obviously not a problem on an auld school DH bike
>>
File: IMG_2965.jpg (173 KB, 1409x637)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>
>>1355192
Whats Bugs Bunny doing on your track ? is he tunneling to Albuquerque ?? Or are You already in New Mexico ? I am so confused Bacon.....
>>
>>1355105
imagine cracking the magnesium pedals in a rainy day, exposing the raw magnesium to water
>>
>>1355430
Imagine nothing happening. "Magnesium" stuff is actually Magnesium-Aluminium casting alloy with Al about 10% in composition. Literally nothing intresting happens when it cracks.
>>
File: a sad day.jpg (738 KB, 2200x2200)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
today i rode to a friend's vigil. she was killed by a truck in nyc this past week. i didn't think this could be a worse day, but i was wrong. two drivers from the same company as the one who killed her got out of their trucks and started shit. the cops came and tried to break up the vigil. there was too much bullshit going on to pay my respects and place a candle - i'm going back in a day or two. really, the lack of empathy amongst people is fucking astounding. i'm devastated.
>>
>>1355522
F
>>
>>1355522
>two drivers from the same company as the one who killed her got out of their trucks and started shit

what the fuck ? incredible.

Though on reflection their business could be ruined from all the media / council / poilice attention and its cost them personally by proxy :/
>>
>>1355522
Checked and F
>>
>>1355522
That's horrible anon, I'm so sorry.
>>
>>1355603
i don't give a shit about their cement business. they drive their loud, dangerous trucks at speed through residential streets. they leave drips and plops of cement to dry on the road. residents of that block have been complaining for a decade - some came to talk with us about how their children/family/etc had been endangered by these fuckers. i hope the business goes under.

>>1355689
ty.
>>
>>1355522
I heard Bolt Weevils have a tendency to infest machines of assholes who don't know their place. Look it up.
>>
>>1355522
what the fuck man that's insane. fucking cement mafia fucks and nypd, perfect combo for a world of shit
>>
I ride in front of my house most days. It's pretty boring.
>>
>>1355753
noted, ty.
>>
flat, foggy and freezzing. but rode 40k with no one person at sight, and that for me is delicious.

although, i have to improve my winter gear. where i live economy is going to hell and i'm having problems to find jobs, so even the cheapest windbreaker is too expensive.

also i smashed the rear disk jumping a log and i think i'll have to replace it, damn.
>>
>>1355603
>their business could be ruined from all the media / council / poilice attention and its cost them personally by proxy
And acting like that, they're only digging a deeper hole
>>
File: day_of_the_reef.jpg (40 KB, 810x454)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1356009
>I drove
>>
File: 1560897347022.jpg (74 KB, 434x555)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>Didn't ride Tuesday becasue my chain needed rewaxed and I didn't have my waxing set up with me in VA
>Didn't ride yesterday because I drove 9+ hours from VA to FL, got home at 1700 and it was pouring rain
>Made a music play list today for cycling, to use with my trekz, with over 1100 songs
>Planned to ride at 1700 or later today becasue there was a heat advisory out
>Started storming and doesn't look like it's going to dry up before dark
>Mental health has gone to shit since I haven't been riding

At least I'm used to this constant feeling of despair.

>>1356010
I had my bike with me and enough cloths and uniforms to last me the 10 days I was there.

I deleted to post to fix my drive. Went from VA to FL.
>>
>>1356011
Last I checked there was still a train
>>
>>1356013
If I had taken a train I would have had to find transportation to base and then I would have been stuck on base forced to eat at the gallley or food from the NEX since the room didn't have a stove.

I also wouldn't have been able to do this ride.

>>1353889
>>
File: IMG_20190704_122618.jpg (715 KB, 1600x1200)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
Ride cut short by 6 hours of rain but I saw this. America numba one big balla
>>
File: square mouth.jpg (88 KB, 1383x1210)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>realized not only can I get more power but longer and faster sprints if I rock my rock my bike back and forth like the pros do

I always tried to hold it steady becasue I figured they were putting out so much power that the bike was rocking naturally but no they're actually rocking it.

Wish i had figured this out ages ago.
>>
Did an 88 km ride around the city starting at 4 am. Even the busiest streets had almost no traffic. I'm in the final phase of riding all the roads which is mostly picking up the main roads I skipped since they aren't fun to ride when its busy. If I can avoid hitting snooze I'll get out early Sat/Sun too. 3 hours into the ride I decided to give a good push on the Strava segment for a crit that will take place on the weekend. Ended up with 3rd overall, which will turn into a 30-40th place come Sunday.
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg (14 KB, 422x288)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>1356408
Night time is the right time.
>>
>>1356410
Not in Louisiana, you ride at night it's a bit cooler, but that's when insect swarms are everywhere.
>>
>>1356408
>tfw 15°C high
>>
>>1356408
>feels like 124F
jesus, the humidity and lack of wind is a scary combination
>>
Bike post bent bouncing around on the trail, the bike really tried to put the seat in my butt..
>>
My legs finally adjusted to my new saddle, took about 2 weeks. For the past 2 weeks my average HR had been about 150 about 20 bpm higher than normal. Yesterday it tapered back to 140, then today back to the normal low 130s.

Nice early ride today. My planned route took me along the main road through the hood (leaf hood, not burger hood). I noticed that area got priority for the LED streetlight conversion that, very well lit roads now. Another slightly less shitty area had LED lights too. Riding in those areas I tended to just ride down the yellow line in the middle of the road to give me more room to dodge anything sketchy.

I wish I was a morning person, because pre-dawn rides are the best. Just have to watch out for the zombies. I had several people wander out into my path blankly looking forward and didn't even seem to notice I was there as I passed them.
>>
My crank has been creaking since I swapped a chainring. Tightening it make it go away for a day but it was back this morning, so I took it off to clean everything and properly tighten. The BB sounded like it was done so I replaced that too. As I was reinstalling the none drive crankarm I felt that the spd pedal was a bit wobbly. Turns out both were, which would explain some random clicking noises. Swapped those pedals with newer ones from a bike I don't ride as often. A bit over 48,000 km on the old pedals.
>>
Did a 30 mile ride today in the 90 degree, 90% humidity heat down to a historic civil war battlefield and back. The road was nearly dead straight and had recently been paved- it was glorious.

I spent a half hour walking the grounds as well so I was out in the sun a while. It's insane how much more fluids you have to drink with even a 10 degree F increase from 80 degrees to 90 degrees. It is most certainly not linear.
>>
File: IMG_4472 (Custom).jpg (627 KB, 1920x1280)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
comfy winter night ride
>>
File: IMG_4492 (Custom).jpg (484 KB, 1920x1280)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_4519 (Custom).jpg (453 KB, 1920x1280)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_4513 (Custom).jpg (715 KB, 1920x1280)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2986.jpg (746 KB, 2284x1311)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2977.jpg (1008 KB, 3255x1654)
1008 KB
1008 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2981.jpg (2.13 MB, 3689x2721)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>
>>1356410
wah-doo-day
to be
with the one you love
>>
>>1357494
Actually I was thinking of the chant from the end of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3PC8VDoz8
>>
This is probably another one of my dumber questions, but what's a good lunch to pack for a day of trail riding?
>>
File: Captureraph.jpg (14 KB, 376x313)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>spot a fellow cyclists ahead of me
>adrenaline surges
>heart rate quickens
>breathing deepens
>vision becomes blurry, all senses dulled as body take resources from non essential areas
>all those resources routed to my legs and heart
>bike and myself become one
>start putting down the power
>maintain deep breathing as I fly by them at mach 5
>to them it appears as if I'm expending no effort at all
>sometimes say a crisp "hello", sometimes don't
>can hardly see
>once a considerable distance down the road everything goes back to normal
>have to take it easy for the next few miles to recover

I can't be the only one that this happens too right?
>>
>>1357927
Yeah I was like this my first year of road riding. You'll grow out of it soon enough.
>>
comfy cruise on the lake after fixing up the old raleigh
>>
>>1357927
If it’s someone I know and I’m not doing any sort of workout I’ll try to catch up to them and get donuts otherwise who gives a crap
>>
>>1357813
Food is pretty good but water is more important
>>
>>1358158
Be careful, Sam Fisher is hiding inside your wheel
>>
>out for early morning cruise
>hey this is the spot where I got a flat last week
>yup all the semi tire fragments with invisible metal wires are still there
>probably gonna get another flat

Checked tires this evening while replacing cadence battery and sure enough I had a flat tire. At least it was a slow enough leak it didn't go flat on the ride because the mosquitoes are insane right now.
>>
>>1357927
based chuuni boy
>>
File: 20190709_183220_HDR-min.jpg (1.03 MB, 1440x2560)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
Almost got a flat on these big chungus rocks
>>
>>1358158
This is what heroin looks like.

Very Pretty m8
>>
>>1355603
>their business could be ruined
You say that like it's a bad thing
They killed people and they will kill again
Companies like that should not be tolerated
>>
File: hores.jpg (88 KB, 841x371)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
The sun finally came out and I couldn't wait to hit the trails, but it was too soon, too muddy, and slippery, I spent more time fighting to stay upright than going at speed.
>>
>>1358285
25 mins into today's 4 am ride, another flat. Mosquitoes buzzing around me as I was fixing it made me wish I had CO2 to speed things along. When I was patching the tube now I saw there was a pretty good sized slash instead of the usual pin prick sized hole.

It was incredibly dewy this morning. The fields on the edge of town had a thin layer of fog and all the grass was misty.

Probably my last ride that early for a while since I covered all the busy roads I wanted to ride when there was no traffic. Might get out early again on the weekend, the forecast has overnight lows of 17C and daytime highs of awful.
>>
>>1357927
Doesn't matter if it's a tour de france rider or an old grandma - it happens ever time
>>
File: asian-woman-crying.png (742 KB, 1136x640)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>get cat 6d by classic yellow colnago fixie conversion
>chase after him to talk shit about him ruining a colnago
>shift & drivetrain shits itself , chain comes off
>glorious simplicity colnago glides away into the distance
>>
Was still getting crank creaks after cleaning and reinstalling rings. Put a little loctite on the bolts last night and all is quiet again.
>>
File: IMG_2995.jpg (528 KB, 2263x1013)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>1358640
>>
File: IMG_2996.jpg (1.22 MB, 2793x1723)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_2998.jpg (1.6 MB, 2598x1855)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>
>>1358324
TITEGAPZ
>>
While out riding this morning I had a vehicle with studded winter tires pass me. This is an almost daily occurrence.
>>
>>1358642
Go central missouri state!
>>
Went on an 8 mile loop through the country side. I don’t bike far usually, and am used to cities/towns. As such, I had a hard time having fun on my bike in the country side. Anything pretty is over the course of at least 5 miles, and there aren’t many directly cool spots. But today I was convinced of its beauty. I made it from one town to the next and biked by so many lovely hills, farms, animals. The sun was setting, it was nice and hot. And hardly any cars on the back roads. I also realized that the bike I ride is SO shitty. I need a real road bike!
Anyways, my tire popped in the town over and I didn’t bring a spare cuz the trip was so short. Called a friend and he picked me up, decent time.

Gonna be honest, I read this thread right before my ride and it inspired me. Thanks guys.
>>
>>1358885
GO FURTHER
>>
>>1358890
Ye I will as soon as I have a bike that doesn’t want to kill me.
>>
>>1347892
Today for the first time of my life I drove my new old car with my mtb on it's roof to a bike park and rode two hours down the trails and got up with a lift. I feel a little dirty and ashamed but same pretty good since otherwise it would be quite difficult to get some intensive training for downhill skills. But I'll stick with marathon rides as my primary discipline.
>>
>out for ride
>kids ask me to do a wheelie
>don't know how
:(
>>
File: fdgb.jpg (29 KB, 340x299)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>set out for ride
>trying a brand new route, modified from routeloops (check that shit out, you set a start location and a distance and it auto generates a route for you, you can even regenerate it)
>it's nice outside
>low chance of rain
> suddenly wind starts picking up
>sky turns black
>see lightning and hear thunder
>starts raining pretty hard
>winds are fuck strong
>having a hell of a time controlling my bike since it's crosswinds and I have 60mm carbon wheels
>no bike lane and traffic is decent
>luckily people are actually giving me loads of space
>must figure I'm a nut riding in a fucking thunder storm
>finally stops raining
>sun comes out
>still in totally unfamiliar place
>actually in a bike lane
>deep puddles everywhere
>not sure if potholes
>trying to avoid one that looks like a fucking manhole filled with water
>dip out of bike lane
>front tire literally millimeters from hitting the side of a passing car
>don't think they noticed
>manage to make it home without any major incident

I honestly don't know how I feel about this ride, though i don't regret going. It was 150% out of my comfort zone, riding in that storm was fun but also scary. I half debated pulling off and waiting it out but glad I didn't.

I've been doing more rides on roads with out bike lanes and trying to hit more left turn intersections which both put me out of my conform zone so that I can expand my horizons.

Going to do another route off route loops tomorrow and see how it goes.
>>
File: IMG_20190707_172428.jpg (1.31 MB, 1800x2400)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
working on another gap on the trail i'm building close to my home.

yesterday i've met there two fellow mountain bikers who seemed really excited about the build and promised to help, so maybe in a couple of days we are meeting again on the site to open other jumps
>>
>>1359251
Doing God's work
>>
Someone barked at me from a passing vehicle today. For a change it was just a dog.
>>
File: 1555711519667.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Quick LBS story
>Aeroad came with Fizik Airone
>Deal with it for nearly a month
>Did this ride yesterday >>1359104 (You)
>Saddle fucking with me
>Tired of shifting around trying to get comfortable and having to adjust
>First bike had Specialized power Comp (entry level power)
>Hop on Specialized's site to see if any shops have one in stock
>An LBS 45min away has a Power Pro Elaston
>Call to verify
>They say they have ONE and will set it aside for me
>Says all his guys use it and love it
>Guy on phone then says to be sure to bring my bike, bibs and shoes so they can fit the saddle to me
>Show up with everything
>About 5 guys in the shop
>They all look like pro racers
>Owner of LBS says he had been cycling for 30 years and still races to this day
>Dudes legs are fucking built
>They install the saddle and have me go out front to ride
>Do a lap around the parking lot
>Owner calls me back
>Has me ride once more out back
>Said he wants to change some things with my bike
>Tell him I'll pay for a fit
>Say's no I won't
>Adjusts one of my cleats, saddle height and tilt
>Says I should be using the right muscles this time
>Has me go out and ride again
>Feels different but won't know until I actually get home and ride

I've never been to an LBS that was so friendly, usually when i go into buy something you're in and out and half the people are bored but all these guys were super fit, talking about zwift and had a rack of all their bikes.

Totally worth the 45+ minute drive to get there and from now on if I need something I'll make that drive

>Can't wait to get home to test ride
>Thunderstorm warning out
>Can see lightning off in the distance
>Debating about calling it
>Don't want to chance getting into a storm again since I don't have much wax left
>Decide to call it
>It's dark out now
>It never even fucking rained
>Won't be able to ride tomorrow becasue I have duty

Welp guess I'm doing a long ride Sunday.
>>
>>1359451
A good shop is worth going to. Some places prioritize sales and upcharging so much. Even worse are the places that look down on their customers for not riding their choice of brands, I can't stand those the most.
>>
>>1359451
>>It never even fucking rained

Learn this lesson well.
It's better to get caught in rain at 50f than it is to miss out on a ride. Sure, you'll be edging around hypothermia when you get back but the point is that nothing should get to dictate your choices.
>>
>>1359477
>descents after getting caught unprepared in rain
No thank you
The 4 times it happened were enough
>>
>>1359451
See if they do any group rides bro
>>
File: ezgif.com-optimize.gif (2.58 MB, 600x338)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
>>1359262
i'm just a humble servant.

this is a small jump i was working on yesterday. is going to grow higher but not too much because there's not enough distance to gain previous speed or to land, the trail bends 90 degrees a couple of meters after the landing zone.
also the trail is super winding around very close ubicated trees, and mostly flat (with some ups and down on the shoulder of a small ravine), so there's not too many opportunities to get speed.

i've tryed to build some ramps, bridges and boardwalks out of pallet planks over fallen trees and small ditches, but some assholes keep breaking them apart to make bonfires in the woods, so i'm restricted to moving dirt (there's not a rock in hundreds of km around where i live.
>>
File: bIMG_3145.jpg (312 KB, 1459x1094)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Went out around 4:00 am to beat the heat forecast for today. But it had rained a bit in the south yesterday evening resulting in a thick fog. Since the visibility outside town looked horrible I changed my ride plans and stayed mostly in town. When the fog was starting to lift there was a fogbow, something I don't recall seeing before. Perfectly clear by 8:30 when I was done by which time the temperature was already up to 20C. Going to be nasty hot and humid this afternoon.
>>
>>1359451
>Quick LBS story
That was not quick.
>>
nice day... best not waste it on this old thread
>>
>>1359889
NEW >>1359887

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.