[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: YamahaBikeRackOpt.jpg (924 KB, 3072x2048)
924 KB
924 KB JPG
Anyone here that transitioned from bicycle to motorcycle, how happy are you with your decision? Are they they much better?
>>
>>1346338
Both are awesome and have their own place and uses, moto is better for getting to work however
>>
>>1346338
>Dad got me into bicycles when I was 4
>Taught me to ride a 650/4 when I was 14 but didn't ride motorcycle much after that
>Always loved cycling but
>Started driving and stopped cycling at 16
>1st motorcycle, 125 single, at 18
>2nd motorcycle, 450 twin, at 20
>Move back to dense urban city grew up in
>Started cycling again at 22
>Rekindled old love for cycling
>Eventually got rid of cars and motorcycles by 26
>Never will get rid of Dad's 81 Kawasaki 650/4 and his vintage 80s OTS Fuji still sitting in garage (Happy Father's Day Dad)
I loved riding motorcycles but my passion is in bicycles. My dad was the other way around, since he started riding motorcycles at 9 and had a passion for them he wanted to share even if he likes bicycles too. He's the reason I'm hooked on two wheels, regardless of whether it be human or gas powered. Bikes are fun.
>>
no /thread
>>
>>1346349
give your kid an ebike
>>
>>1346338
How does that handle at speed, in a crosswind? Can’t think of anything better, but looks pretty sketch.
>>
>>1346437
What happens when you go over a bump, looks like it would tear off the frame
>>
File: Jane_Omorogbe_Quasar.jpg (87 KB, 1024x614)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
No, but recumbents did introduce me to feet-forward motorcycles, which are like the bents of the motorcycle world, and they're awesome.

https://youtu.be/MV4qVbNPX_w
>>
>>1346580
>Quasar

That would be a pretty cool last name to have.
>>
File: 1519507410282.jpg (27 KB, 313x313)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1346338
I was a cycling fool pre-16. Got my license and that shit ended quick... had several motorcycles over the years and while they are awesome, cellphones and general retardation with cagers became too much of a problem. Basically the risk to reward just isn't worth it anymore.
Just last week bought myself a decent bicycle again and rediscovered the lost joy.
>>
>>1346338
Bicycles and motorcycles really complement each other. As a kid I remember huffing and puffing up big hills on my mountain bike and seeing motorcycles zoom past effortlessly. It always made me yearn for one. From 16-26 I hardly touched a bicycle and rode motorcycles around 3 continents. In my late 20s I started road cycling and absolutely loved it. It's like touring on a motorcycle but at a slower pace that is much more rewarding physically and mentally. I notice a lot more at bicycle speeds than at motorcycles speeds and really enjoy covering long distances under my own power. I still have a motorcycle but with my limited time, I tend to get on the bicycles much more often these days.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.