[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

*ahem*

>This board will become obsolete once teleportation becomes real
>Consequently all /n/ posters will be encouraged to merge with /sci/ after such an invention happens

How do you feel about your eventual demise, /n/?
>>
What are you talking about?
Then this will finally be a board dedicated entirely to bicycles.
>>
>>1346244
Most of the posters will go to /sci/, cyclists will go to /fit/. This board will be, most likely, deleted however.
>>
>>1346242
Teleportation is real and it's /n/ as fuck.
t. psychic researcher
>>
>allowing your god-given body to be scanned, disintegrated, then rebuilt from a block of compressed shit at the destination
>implying there won't be bugs in the software that bring you back as a shit monster
>implying they won't be scanning your neural state at the time and (((correcting))) any (((abnormalities)))
>implying they won't rebuild biomales as sexless freaks
>implying they won't repigment your skin and lower your iq to 70 to make you more compliant
teleportation is for bugmen freaks. nobody sane wants it. dilate yourself to death, tranny OP
>>
>implying you will actually get transported
>implying you won't just get killed while a copy of yourself is created somewhere else
I'll never, ever teleport myself for that very reason. It might very well be a guaranteed suicide, except no one would ever know. This means I'll keep posting in quality threads on /n/ until the heat death of the universe (which is plenty of time to move around anyway)
>>
File: GOTTAGOFASTER.jpg (28 KB, 400x258)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1346242
as long as there are humans, there will always be a need for human powered space-time manipulation devices
>>
>>1346288
>>1346298
BASED AND REDPILLED
>>
>>1346298
>I'll never, ever teleport myself for that very reason.
like you'll be alive by the time it's invented you dumbass
also you probably couldn't even afford it
>>
>>1346357
ok so it's going to prohibitively expensive and other forms of transportation will still thrive because of this, got it </thread>
>>
>>1346288
>>1346298
ITT: Luddite boomers are scared of the future
>>
As soon as there's a UBI I'll start training as a steam train driver, I'll be comfyposting on /n/ for ever
>>
>>1346357
>like you'll be alive by the time it's invented you dumbass
It could very well be
>also you probably couldn't even afford it
I could very well do
>>
>>1346242
It largely depends on how economical teleportation is - too expensive and most people and cargo will still use conventional transport.

Also, teleportation is still a form of transport so this board will still have its place.
>>
>>1346288
Absolutely based
>>
>>1346548
my dick could very well fill up your ass
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1346407
I'm going to find your scanned data and use a teleport receiver to create limitless copies of you and subject them to every horror known to mankind, using a nerve/neural scanner to record the data of the pain and suffering they experience. Then one day, after you have died a billion miserable deaths, I will insert the compiled suffering into the body of the original you when you teleport. Imagine how that will feel, and you will have imagined only a fraction of the hate I feel for you.
>>
>>1346674
And you very well could be a raging faggot
>>
>>1346548
cringe
>>
>>1346682
>after you have died a billion miserable deaths
You mean, his copies.
>>
File: IMG_2899.jpg (1.23 MB, 2586x1950)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>1346682
hithere!,,,soglad you couldmakeit.,,
,,,standstrong,,Stiff,,nosoft stance,noodley.,
,stiff like Garbon,,,when thebreak happens itwill be Complete.,
,,alife,,ofcage,,overandover,,,itshappening.,
,YOUCANSTOPIT.
>>
File: IMG_2906.jpg (1.48 MB, 2985x2499)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>1346692
getusedtoit.,,,weneed, influincing,,newthreadsproutingall thetime.,
,,,mycrimes teleported.
>>
You all got trolled, even though teleportation will actually not be a thing in our lifetimes

t. OP

but I knew this would trigger /n/ anyway so I decided to post it, glad it got the bites it deserved

I myself like this board but this bait was just too good to pass
>>
>>1346242
I will finally would be able to steal a Boeing 747 and try getting couple towers.
>>
>>1346725
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>1346242
>Thinking I'll ever use teleportation

No thanks
>>
>>1346731
Stay mad /n/erd
>>
We need to talk about the high cost of free teleportation pods. They're inefficient, occupy every corner of our lives and detach us from our urban landscapes. Fuck the molecular cage
>>
File: 1432098827106.jpg (27 KB, 466x359)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>1346754
>>
>>1346809
BASED PRIMUS POSTER
>>
>>1346692
BR has spoken: teleportation is un-aryan
>>
>>1346811
That's not PRIMUS based retard poster
>>
>>1346298
Your cells get replaced all the time, as long as your soul is transported safely then you'll be fine
>>
>>1346242
We've got trains to planes to boats to cars to bikes to fucking horse and buggy. Teleportation modules will just be another skull on the belt for the board to talk about with others.
>>
>>1346249
As someone who goes to /fit/,
no one likes cyclists there
Lift or Die
4 Scoops CMOOOOON
>>
>>1346854
I think that was the joke, desu.
>>
>>1346857
Not all cells. Most neurons last a lifetime, their rate of replacement is very low.
>>
File: 1560317154663.jpg (109 KB, 774x635)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>1346754
Underrated post
>>
>>1347224
Yes but their membrane is constantly replaced (where do you think vesicles full of neurotransmitter come from), your proteins degraded and remade. The cells don't divide, but that doesn't mean they aren't subject to the same process.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.