[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

How can we improve the travel-experience in public transit?
>>
There is nothing to improve. As an proud /n/-boy i love it how it is.
Just stop being a crybaby and get some balls.
>>
>>1341260
>There is nothing to improve.
>As an proud /n/-boy i love it how it is.

There you have it, the people who support transit simply don't care about making it better for themselves or anyone else.

They just want to drag everyone down into their circle of hell.
>>
>>1341262
I agree. I think that actually many people on /n/ are car-drivers who never used public transport (because their place doesn't has it) and think that it is ideal and heaven on earth.
>>
How about we sell these /n/iggers cars so they can all shut up and drive with us together into the sunset.

BOOM

problem solved.
>>
such weak bait
>>
>>1341265
I have taken transit all over europe and it was always clean, quiet and comfy. In NYC, its a little less pleasant, but its not the 8th circle of hell that /o/ and /pol/ would like you to believe
>>
I could give you the answer but I would be called racist
>>
>>1341271
I wull have to use it in 2 hours. Alredy getting ready for unclimatized crowded Bus where it is like 45C.
I already pray that I wont have to stand next to a fat and smelly Person.
>>
We should all be ready to make sacrifices to live in better world. First thing we have to do is to start eradicating black people.
>>
When you get to the station, you enter a pod and enter your destination. The pod then tips over onto a conveyor belt much like the ones for luggage at an airport, to be loaded onto an empty car where it automatically stacks the ones getting off last in the bottom. The train car then finds an empty slot on the railway and goes to the next station, where it quickly unloads the passengers who are getting off there (either for transit or for getting off there) and continues on.

>But there isn't space for all the cars!
Bulldoze the platforms that people stand on today. Build a long track here alongside the main rail. This is the loading/unloading zone. Train cars can either just pass by or park in a "parking spot".

There. I fixed it.
>>
>>1341258
More frottage.
>>
>>1341271
Where did you take it in NYC? Because I guarantee it wasn't in the Bronx.
>>
>>1341278
No no, the truth hurts. Spell it out for the deniers.
>>
>>1341361
F
>>
File: 1559578797327.jpg (286 KB, 1198x863)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>1341271
That's mostly true for long distance travel. In Berlin S-Bahn is most of the time pretty comfy (stations just every couple of kilometers) and fast.
Meanwhile the metro is very uncomfy and many lines are very crowded like on the pictures here with the difference that it's full with niggers (I don't mean black people with jobs but gangster-ghetto-drugdealers), muslims and crying kids.

It also highly depends on your route. If you live in the richer parts of town where people commute to work it's a way better experience than if your commute goes through the ghetto area of your town where I just want to pass through at least in a cage or even better: in an tank.
>>
>>1341356
I don't live in the bronx. Do you?
>>
>>1341382
Fuck no. You couldn't pay me to live there.
>>
>>1341363
OK, I've seen plenty of ghetto looking people on the S2 on the way to Blankenfelde, and I've seen a lot of very nice and comfy people on the U2 between Wittenbergplatz and Alexanderplatz.

I'm going to say something which might sound weird. But I would say that the best way to get around a city like Berlin is to take the RE or one of the few RB trains. If you schedule right, you can basically get past a lot of stations you're not interested in in a matter of minutes. I always would rather take the RE 1 from Potsdam than the S7 in order to get to somewhere like.... the Hauptbahnhof or whatever else relevant....

I've honestly seen more crying kids on the RE than on the S- or U-Bahnen, but I suppose it also heavily depends on where you're going. I've honestly never really seen any issues with Muslim people on the S- or U-Bahnen either. One girl I saw with a headscarf was eating couscous or something out of a lunchbox, and she was wearing like a blouse and stuff. Another woman had a loose headscarf and like chihuahua in her massive handbag. The people sitting next to her were petting the dog.
I've had more trouble with drunk white Germans and homeless people than people from minority groups. Heck, the Russians are worse, they're loud, they look like they're probably carrying knifes or even guns, and no one really bothers them.
>>
>>1341258
Introduce commuters to the joys of urban planning so they can marvel at the sustainable density of rush-hour public transport.
>>
>>1341258
30% of income additional tax on fatasses. use the tax revenue to build more lines and increase frequencies.
>>
Require transit users to fill out a library card like system to get onto the trains. If you want a guest pass, you'll have to submit to a retina scan.

This way, if people piss in the cars or try to sell people shoes, or bullshit like that, you can permaban them from the subway system and they won't be able to ban evade.

Then just invest in a lot of CCTV and transit cops, and slowly but surely get rid of all the hucksters, beggars, homeless, drug addicts, mentally ill, and other people who make riding the subway unpleasant.
>>
File: comfy transit.jpg (50 KB, 288x450)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
There is a lot that can be done to improve the experience but don't think that you will have ever such an comfy experience like in an actually car where it stand right outside of your home and brings you preferably right into the car park of your company.

It will always be paired with physical effort (going to the station, standing in the train, being dropped off just somewhere near to the station)
and mental effort
(having body contact to strangers, having the feeling that you will run out of air, having the feeling that the walls are comming closer...)

but that is the reason why it's so efficient. 200 people in one train wagon ist more efficient than 100 people. If you keep people standing then the train can pack up more people -> less long train needed -> smaller train stations possible

Modern citys are growing and growing and to manage those masses of people we have to accept that transport and living has to look like industrial livestock farming.
If there is no air conditioning we also save some CO2. That's a good thing!
>>
File: comfy living.jpg (115 KB, 1024x634)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>1341459
Living concepts also have to be changed. Wanna have 30m2 just for yourself? Fuck you!
All you need is clothes, basic kitchen and hygiene stuff and a bed paired with your smartphone.
12m2 is more than enough and even more comfy! /n/ loves it! Fuck suburbs! 12m2 apartments are the way to go! People on /n/ can build a whole bike with tools that take less than 1 liter of space! You can't? Fuck you! Die Degenerate!
>>
>>1341459
>>1341462
these but unironically
>>
B& Hammer anyone begging or playing music
>>
>>1341462
>what do you mean, 300 m2 of lawn isn't a basic human right?
>>
>>1341877
Suika cards and the like are already attached to phones. Imagine a system where if your phone has detected you've been exposed to more than 7 mins of rap music, it either only lets you in on a special train car with extra security, or doesn't let you in the station at all.
>>
ITT: How to ban niggers without being "rayciss"
>>
>>1341258
kick poor people and teenagers off it
>>
>>1341935
That's too extreme. We just want reasonable controls on high capacity assault black people. And we've also got euros here complaining about vendors, and they're far more likely to be roma.
>>
People where I live are too scared to use public transportation since there's always murder/assault/theft
>>
>>1341258
By reducing public?
>>
>>1341356
i live in the south bronx and take public transit daily (lex ave line, various buses on occasion), have never had a single problem
>>
>>1342086
I don't believe it's possible to live anywhere in metro new york and not have SOME problems.

Unless you're so big of a problem that everything else fades into the background.
>>
>>1341258
You don't. There's not much else they can offer in terms of comfort. Public wifi maybe?
Commuters should just better adapt to public transportation. Wear a bag close to your chest, put on your headphones, and watch/read something on your phone while the screen is strapped to your chest. Something along those lines.
>>
>>1341278
even without ****** transit is miserable when its full and slower than a bike
>>
>>1343150
Yeah but it's not gay like riding a bike. Guess it's a wash.
>>
>>1342943
what about reliability, a seat per passenger and being faster than a fucking toy
>>
>>1343153
>reliability
Nothing to do with the actual transit's comfort, also public transit is rather reliable what with its schedules and service updates in the first world.
>a seat per passenger
Unless you're elderly or disabled you should be comfortable with standing. I agree that there are things like padded walls and dividers that could better accommodate standing passengers.
>being faster than a fucking toy
Don't be upset for paying for a luxury and then seeing someone working harder without said luxury and still doing better than you.
>>
>>1343321
>Unless you're elderly or disabled you should be comfortable with standing.

Nope, I'll drive
>>
More drug users
More teenagers “dancing” and “accidentally” kicking women and old people in the head
More people listening to music without headphones
More beggars
More bodily fluids
More people eating
Have I missed anything?
>>
>>1342085
Higher quality public. A standing room only train in japan beats the holy fuck out of the Los Angeles blue line at 2 pm.
>>
>>1341459
Standing up for 40 minutes is fine for young people but a lot of people get to a point where that is just not possible.
>>
Separate cabs or compartments for "silent area" vs "non silent area" just like they did to smokers in the 90s and negros in the 40s

silent area has sound dampening material on all 6 sides.

all the ones who are talking loudly or listening to music go to the designated noise area (preferably on the fucking roof) so they can larp as rappers or whatever they want, away from the people who are trying to fucking relax. The train is loud enough and those fools turn up their music even louder to hear it clearly. We dont need that hearing damage. Segregate the buses and trains.
>>
>>1341258
There are enough things that could be improved.
I live in Berlin. Germany is very wealthy and has a multi-year surplus of taxes, but the schools are marrode and the commuter trains are blustering. Long-distance trips are more expensive than your own car, although you have the following gasoline prices:
€ 1.55 / liter = $ 1.76 / liter = $ 6.66 / gallon

The reason for this is that the railway is a corrupt company and price fixing among the suppliers is the norm. That's why people now travel by coach. In these you are squeezed like sardines and traveling at 100km / h is really not fast.
>>
What you could do in Germany:

-> fight corruption and nepotism in the railway business
-> renovate railway lines (in 1926, my great-grandfather was traveling faster on my main route than me)
-> Add more cars will increase the consumption of a train less than you think. The wind resistance only has to be broken once. I'm in favor of families or groups of friends getting a compartment for themselves and keeping it affordable. For this luxury, the interior can also be poorer. Simple seats with upholstery are enough.
-> Sleeping cars are superior for trips of 5 hours and more and can also be built space-saving.
What you could do on short distances:
-> Air conditioning
-> Wlan
-> quiet area (although nobody will stick to the rules anyway)
-> more area/passenger so that everyone can have a seat
The problem is that there is always a reflection of society in public transport and if you live in a region with many migrants who's role models are rappers and drug dealers, then it will always be uncomfortable and unconscionable. Only a separation of people, as it takes place socially everywhere, would be helpful, but is not possible because it would be racist.
>>
If you use the public transport for years, you have accumulated so many negative experiences that you dream of driving a car. Then you buy a car, it looks great in the beginning and is clean and good colled by air conditioning, but after a few months driving gets annoying and traffic jams make you angry.
(With the people on /n/ it is often the other way around, only they have never used public transport for years, so they still live in their dreamworld.)
Then you go by bike, arrive always sweaty and stinking in the office until the colleagues complain at some point. Showering 2 times/day will is bad for the skin.
At some point you buy a motorcycle, but putting on the protective clothing is very annoying and so you leave it at some point often at home. If you crash then the injuries are really bad.

So here I ask people for some realism and less ideology.
There is rarely a solution that is superiour on all points and who suffers from claustrophobia etc., does not belong immediately in the gas chamber, as /n/-experts like to claim.
>>
>>1341258
No idea, personally I just wanna have a car instead of burying myself everyday in this ugly, noisy, overcrowded (and in this time of the year hot) shithole we call metro
>>
Why does that seething boomer think public transit enthusiasts have never used public transit? I've used it for my entire life, and in fact I don't even own a car.
>>
>>1341258
man this is transilien from paris suburbs train, they are the most comfy ones in winter train is warm enough, in summer it is just like an oven... even if you open the windows it will be still hot, meaning ppl almost travel naked, which is fun.
I can imagine the jews going to recreation camp in here, having the smell of zyklon b in there giant nose holes, ebin
But they are no longer here, the region île de france (paris and all the suburbs and a bit of countryside), bought new trains which are "car less" there is no separation in between cars so you can go back to the rear of the train to the front whenever you want.
Still, the problem remains because most of the cuck, mybosswillfireifiamlate, iwokeuplatesorry, will gather close to the first doors in the front part of the train, while the seat in the middle and the rear part of the train will be empty.
>inb4 nice blog
>>
>>1343760
Probably because he lives in some shit hole where public transport is like a single bus line that serves an entire county and runs every 4 hours and only has literal axe murderers and circus freaks riding on it.

I owned a cage and I hated it. I keep my cage license for when my sky cage job requires me to visit a cagerland shit hole like that, but otherwise I want as little to do with cages as humanly possible. Luckily most of the boomers are dying off (literally, like I've had a half dozen client contacts that I worked with straight up die or stroke their way out of the workforce), so increasingly I can webex my way out of using a sky cage for another stupid power point presentation.
>>
>>1343898
Stop wasting mine on car shit
>>
>>1342089
It really depends. I take the N from Astoria to QBP then the 7 to GCT. Some weeks are great and I have no issues, other weeks.. everyday has some BS. I've never had any personal problems on the N/W since its almost all young people from/to Astoria. The 7 is grumpy asians but they keep to themselves. It's also nice that both the N/7 have the newer cars, so it's not all bad.
>>
>>1343898
Delete NYC subway, okay, enjoy your collapsed economy when 1% of the workers can get to their job.
>>
>>1343901
Denied.
>>
>>1343914
Nice, NYC would stop being a thing.
>>
Remove the disgusting cloth seats that cant be cleaned
>>
>>1343914
Most jobs in NYC can be done online from home. There's no reason you need to be in an office to write thinkpieces
>>
>>1343730
That picture is pretty misleading posted without the context, it was back in 2008 when some twats held a party on the tube as it was the last day before alcohol was banned.
>>
>>1343791
I live in Berlin. Only 30% of the homes have a car so less than 30% of the population own one.

Public transit is running pretty reliable. It's slower than bike but not so much.
Used it my whole life in winter and always hated it. We have many muslims, degenerates, homeless and mental ill people in public transit.

I wish I would be strong enough to cycle everyday in winter but I'm not.
>>
>>1343995
Unironically this, instead use cushioned seats made from artificial leather.
>>
>>1341258
1) Much higher standards of cleanliness (including air quality)
2) Remove turnstiles and similar devices
3) Make it a whole lot quieter
5) Maximum of N people per square meter in a wagon, deny entry if a wagon is too full
6) Warn/throw out people who are a general nuisance, which means:
6.a) people who listen to music loudly
6.b) people who harass other users
6.c) people who play instruments
6.d) beggars
6.e) people who stink
>>
>>1341258
remove loud/smelly/poor/ugly people
>>
File: 1560031168299.png (120 KB, 334x346)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>1341290
>>1341278
>>1341877
>>1341935
>>1342030
>>1342047
>>1342085
Based and Redpilled
>>
>>1341271
Yeah well I took the train once and a black guy looked at me funny and now I have to go to therapy twice a week. Think about that one, fringie.
>>
I think it's just a matter of priorities. Right now it's all about cars and everything else is an afterthought. Really it should be something like this: walking > cycling/scooters > Bus/light rail > cars
>>
Wouldn't introducing premium cars for metro solve some of the issues? Premium access is probably impossible, but at least on the metro itself, you wouldn't have to be exposed to the trashy people. Requiring permabannable passes could also help, like the other anon said.
>>
>>1341260
No matter how good a transit system there is, there should always be efforts to improve it. Things don't improve if ideas stagnate. Stop being an easily placated fajoot.

I think that a lot of it comes down to atmosphere for people. If you feel like a bum using the station, then only bums will use it.

From the limited experience I have across Minne, NYC, LA, and Paris each, I think the parts I've most enjoyed are the stations that make things unique. Kitschy stuff like local artists, hollywood deco, afro deco, or weird neighborhood dynamic stuff makes it all more fun.

Clean stations are a huge thing, Paris and LA had that going for it. Having broken glass, overflowing trash bins, and public restrooms falling apart (if there even are any) creates a image that the train is a pile of shit, no matter how nice the actual train ride is.

Paris invested in idiot-proof and multilingual touchscreen displays that my wife thought was really cool. I like physical maps, but seeing her get excited was fun to see. Add escalators to below ground transit. Add heaters to waiting areas. Add LED screens to show adds and pay for shit. Rich shits like things that glow and remind them that they're not in the 19th century.

You can't do something about the white methhead woman swinging a car tire around outside the station, but there is SO MUCH that can be done to improve outlook of transit from design, maintenance and decor. You're a little bitch if you think things are fine the way they are.
>>
>>1346278
The police can easily do something about the methhead and remove her for disturbing the peace.
>>
>>1343728
>-> Air conditioning
Fucking meme. You need air intakes everywhere, not fucking chiller, which only takes like 15% of fresh air from outside...
>>
>>1346332
stfu you cuck, a/c is the greatest thing since sliced bread
>>
>>1341271
>but its not the 8th circle of hell that /o/ and /pol/ would like you to believe
Being completely fair the metro reminded me of the BRT we have back home in Latin America. It's the same shit: niggers and hobos, but at least the thing is somewhat efficient, unlike our abortion of a BRT which is by the way one of the first and the most influential.
Don't know, I'm not gonna say the NYC Metro is hell on earth but I'm not gonna defend it either.
>>
>>1346343
Not is public transport.
>>
>>1346277
Not really, many issues are in the stations themselves. I occasionally see some grime in the cars on my routes, but compared to the shithole stations? Not even close.
>>
1st/2nd/3rd class cars. Wanna NOT ride with a bunch of homeless drug addicts? Just pay this modest fee to ride with people just like you instead.
>>
>>1343730
>Then you go by bike, arrive always sweaty and stinking in the office until the colleagues complain at some point.
Sounds like you want an e-bike.
>>
>>1346403
Or just kick the homeless drug addicts out of the subway. I don't know how this is an issue in America.
>>
>>1341258
1st step
>ban homeless people
>ban druggies
>ban arabs
>ban pakis

2nd step
>ramp up fines for polluting, loitering, etc
>add cctv everywhere with face recogniton

3rd step
>add 1st class at 200% price point with more space, air condition etc
>>
>>1346443
>>ramp up fines for polluting, loitering, etc
Useless. What deters people from engaging in antisocial behaviour isn't the harshness of the punishment, but rather the likeliness of being caught. A fine of 1 € would be enough to deter anyone from littering if they were guaranteed to get caught. And lightly humiliated, too.
>>
>>1346403
Honestly, this would work if 3rd class cars were free of cost. You wouldn't even need more than two classes. One class that costs money, one that doesn't.
I'd take the free class every time since I'm not a pansy.
>>
>>1341258
Removing some people would be hard and human rights activists would be really angry.

But there is really so much that we can do about the station and the wagons that will lead people to behave otherwise.
Social science experiments have proven:
If you get into the train, you have a gear right and left. If you build this passage funnel-shaped, a lot less people stay near the door and the people better distribute themselves.

Having strangers very close to your own body is stressful. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxemics) (Of course for the strong people on /n/ not.) This stress can be reduced by special lighting, etc.

Meanwhile, on the board are in large part only idiots who are not at all interested in means of transport, but only want to tell how much they cate cars and insult other people for their bikes.
>>
>>1346460
>human rights activists would be really angry
only if you do the classic right wing retardery of banning the homeless without providing them with an alternative

>If you build this passage funnel-shaped, a lot less people stay near the door and the people better distribute themselves.
I don't understand what is meant by that
>>
>>1346460
>>1346462
Literally what is wrong with kicking out people that haven't paid their fare?
>>
>>1346462
You speak as if public transport is some human right, fuck off, I bet you also dodge fares.
>>
>>1346479
>>1346481
I literally said it wasn't wrong to kick people. And yes public transport is a right (a conditional one, though)
>>
File: Tada.jpg (292 KB, 1996x1380)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>1346460
>>1346462

People who use public transit every day know what I'm talking about.
>>
No babies, no homeless, no niggers, no prams, no bikes, no suitcases
>>
>>1346508
>no babies
enjoy your demographic decline
>>
>>1346490
How the hell would this funnel thing help at all

>>1346523
Good, less noisy people
>>
I was riding public transit today and things were going smoothly until this African dude seated in the back started talking on the phone. This man proceeded to babble almost as loud as possible for 40 minutes straight. I don't know if it was the language or his pronunciation but this sounded like genuine babble. I was annoyed until I started seeing how annoyed the other passengers were getting and then it started to become funny. The volume of his voice would go in waves too; it would get progressively more and more quiet and a brief wave of relief would wash over the entire cabin but then he would pick right back up where he left off even louder. Another black guy asked him to be quiet to which he replied "sure" but of course continued yelling into his phone. The torture finally ended when he accidentally muted his phone's microphone and couldn't figure out how to unmute it or what had happened. For a brief moment I thought about assisting him so he could carry on with his conversation.
>>
Is this thread about commuter shit like subways or just trains in general?
>>
>>1346490
I remember reading/watching somewhere, that because people like standing next to the door, some cities are introducing cars with staggered doors; That is, the doors on the left and right sides of the car don't align. That way, the distribution of people within the car is more spread out.
>>
>>1346846
Or just add more doors
>>
>>1346846
Wouldn't even have an effect on many, if not most places.

>>1346847
And reduce seating capacity even more? Fuck no.
>>
>>1346839
Everything
>>
All the people suggesting [more] first class are absolutely retarded.
On commuter shit it's full and standing even with current capacity levels, and even when there is a first class, it's also full and standing.
On other rail stuff, there isn't even the demand for more first class. I've been on several trains where the first class section can't possibly be at more than 5-10% capacity.
>>
>>1343730
Just don't live in a nigger city in a nigger country. Here subway is nice, nicer than the streets because hobos avoid it for some reason.
>>
>>1346862
You keep everything the same, just stagger two halves of the train. Number of sitting and standing places doesn't change.
>>
File: Tada.jpg (79 KB, 1996x506)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>1346911
That makes no sense. Stealing the other guys diagram to illustrate.
>>
>>1346914
You still misunderstand. This isn't staggered.
>>
File: file.png (419 KB, 660x371)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>1346916
Do you mean airline style seating as we call it here?
That's even more retarded and instead drastically reduces standing capacity, especially with 3+2, there's a reason newer rolling stock don't have this and instead have open shit, like pic related.
Also, the narrow gauges wouldn't even allow it.
>>
File: file.png (2.48 MB, 1280x960)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>>1346918
I fucked up, I meant the loading gauge.
>>
>>1346918
Doors don't look staggered on this pic. Anyway I realized that you were responding to a guy that wanted me doors. And I'm not for staggered, but it wouldn't decrease standing space, staggered is
>D W
>W W
>W D
>W W
>D W
instead of
>D D
>W W
>W W
>W W
>D D
Same amount of doors per side, but spaced differently.
>>
>>1346925
Well, clearly our definitions were off. I didn't know what you meant by staggered so I looked it up and just got airline style seating, hence why my argument was what is was.
Well, I already said what I thought on staggered doors here >>1346862.
>>
>>1346930
I agree that it wouldn't matter at least in my city, because the doors open on the right only on 10% of the stations here .
>>
>>1346930
>>1346934
Found a pic for you guys of what staggered doors could look like.

But I think that before you start changing up seat and door configurations you should try to increase frequency and train length as much as possible. Also have more hand holds, because in my city (incidentally, with longitudinal 2+2 and 2+3 seating thanks to broad gauge) people are forced to stand in the doorways because there aren't enough hand holds in the aisles.
>>
>>1346943
>you should try to increase frequency and train length as much as possible
Fully agree, especially as staggered doors are likely to be of very niche use in most places and absolutely useless for conventional trains.
>>
>>1346862
>And reduce seating capacity even more? Fuck no.
Oh all of a sudden the fringie wants to sit down. Tough fringie, we gotta improve capacity somehow!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.