[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: image.png (71 KB, 266x296)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
What's the most npc form of transportation?
>>
Subway
>>
File: 0.jpg (76 KB, 628x410)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>1319230
>>
>>1319230
car
>>
>>1319234
>>1319235

>NPC voice:
"Car!"
>>
The cock carousel. Everyone rides it.
>>
ur mom
>>
Teleportation.
>>
>>1319236
ah, the master ruseman
>>
pickup truck in the suburbs
>>
>>1319238
jokes on you homo, I'm a virgin
>>
>>1319230
this thread
>>
>>1319230
>What's the most npc form of transportation?
Bus.

>>1319236
>t. fringie
>>
>>1319230
Nothing. You need to get yourself to point A and B some how.
The NPC way is to hate on a specific transportation choice instead.
>>
it's definitely the bus, most busriders are literally not human
>>
Wait till screen fades to black, T-pose, go to an area that players (people) can't access, go under the surface, fly over to your destination, once you are there resurface and go into a realistic looking stance and pretend you took the bus or something.
>>
>>1319455
Based and clippilled.
>>
>>1319230
Cages, obviously. Anyone who looks at it rationally would think caging is completely absurd and an exercise in self-torture. People only cage because that's what the television and their boomertard parents taught them to do.
>>1319258
Especially this.
>I NEED a truck to haul stuff
>how often do you do that?
>uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I think............ 3 years ago..................
>>
>>1319230
Anything tube-shaped that is full of seats and doesn't fly.
>>
>>1319230
why are you trying to ruin commuting for us now?
>>
>>1319522
lol, planes are pleb af

>I'm so cultured because I flew to X place to be obnoxious there, look at my attention feed XoXo
>>
Cars, because:
1. There are so many on the roads
2. You can't tell who is driving
3. They do their own things and can be unpredictable
>>
>>1319518
>based and frinigiepilled
>>
>>1319530
Better stay inside with the blinds drawn and the lights turned out, and shhhhh! Quiet! The cars might hear you and come to kill you!
>screams silently
>>
>>1319230
car
>>
>>1319611
When I have to drive a car, the only thing which makes me more angry than cyclists on the road and not in cycle lanes, is other drivers making stupid, aggressive moves.

Seeing drivers pull out when they have no right of way, or drivers failing to adhere to the rules of a mini-roundabout or drivers take their chances on roundabouts.

Drivers are assholes, and I dislike having to drive for more than 20-30 minutes, because that just increases the chances I come across some idiot driver I just don't want to have to deal with. Car drivers are the ultimate NPC.

If I take the train into the city, and walk around, I at least know that no one is going to slam into me, that no one is going to make me movement stressful and I know that no one is going to cause me to have to resort of pure reactions on the brake pedal.
>>
>>1319230
obviously automobile
>>
The cage
>>
>>1319407
kek speaking from experience
>>
File: one of us.jpg (33 KB, 640x480)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1319619
>Car drivers are the ultimate NPC.
>drives a car himself
>*ONE OF US* *ONE OF US* *ONE OF US*
Also I think you'll enjoy driving much more if you take the stick out of your ass, stop expecting everything to be picture-perfect, and just fucking *chill* and *deal with it*.
Also I'll bet you're more than a little bit a part of the problem and the so-called '''stupid drivers''' you're so torqued-off about are at least part of the time just reacting to something sub-standard (You) are doing, so as they say, "It takes two"; "people in glass houses", and so on.
>>
>>1319803
>>1319805
>>1319617
>based and fringiepilled
>>
>>1319871
Who are you quoting, newfag?
>>
Emailing yourself as an attachement
>>
>>1319230
Cages
>>
can you please keep /pol/ memes in /pol/
>>
>>1319870
I end up having to drive out of necessity. I would much rather take public transport options if more were available to me, but unfortunately, they aren't.
Honestly, with the kind of driving patterns I have, I would be much better off with something like an electric car, because most of my journeys are between 10-60 minutes long.

As for your accusations of me, I drive in Europe. Our driving tests are much more stringent and a lot more stuff is taught about how to make certain judgements. Ultimately, we also have to learn the rules of the roads, or highway code, whatever it's called in whatever country (they're mostly the same across EU countries).
As such, when I see other drivers violate things in the highway code (even if it's not actually illegal), it just frustrates me. On one hand, if I let someone drive into me, well.... my insurance will just deal with that, but on the other hand, if I actually avoid someone who is about to hit me, then I don't have to deal with paperwork, and waiting for car repairs.

Driving should be strongly discouraged. And I don't mean replacing cars with autonomous vehicles. I mean that roads and the car is a dead end for transport.
>>
>>1320013
>And I don't mean replacing cars with autonomous vehicles.

self driving is one of the most harmful memes in the industry. Brings very little to the table at enormous total costs. We need less cars on the roads not more
>>
>>1320013
>Driving should be strongly discouraged. And I don't mean replacing cars with autonomous vehicles. I mean that roads and the car is a dead end for transport.
Your entire attitude is unrealistic and short-sighted. I don't care what country it is, 100% of the population can't live out their lives in a modern society with nothing but buses and trains. It just plain doesn't work. People need and want PERSONAL transportation, and I don't mean muscle-powered, either. Even before modern civilization people would ride horses or oxen, or employ other people if they were rich enough, to cart them from place to place. That's human nature and it's not going to change, ever.

ENJOY your car. ENJOY the freedom of driving. IGNORE the people you don't like, they're not your concern, just take care of yourself and your own safety and let the police take care of policing those people. Ruining everyone else's lives just to suit you is selfish and silly. We *need* cars.
>>
>>1320108
>We need less cars on the roads not more
based and fringiepilled
You millennials and your whole "never own anything" attitude will see soon enough how much you're wrecking yourselves.
The 1% want to convince you that renting everything (and taking a bus or train is 'renting' in essence) is Bad and Wrong because then you pay, pay, pay for everything, forever. Why are you allowing yourself to be cucked like that?
>>
>>1319230
Any public transport. Literally cattle transport.
>>
>>1320164
That is literally unrtue. Cattle are transported in trucks. Ever see a cow take the subway? Yeah that's what I thought
>>
>>1320153
Just drive less is what he’s saying you retard. It’s funny how you take any suggestion of reducing vehicular traffic as a personal insult though.
>>
>>1320173
>Ever see a cow take the subway
Yes, many of them.
>>
>>1320152
why
>>
>>1320152
We don't need cars, we need transportation. Cars ruin cities, they ruin our atmosphere, they're noisy, they're dangerous, they waste space. Every year, 1,25 million people die in a car accident. 20 % of the CO2 emissions of the USA are due to cars. Cars make nations depend on finite (and often foreign) oil resources. Cars pollute ever after their end of life. Cars take an enormous toll on peoples' finances.
>>
>>1320153
Boomers and their "own everything" mania brought us a dying planet in a single generation, something never seen before.
I know which I prefer.
>>
>>1320229
Meh, co2. It is planets fault for not dealing with it.
>>
>>1320229
This. That poster acts like the average normie moves furniture every fucking day. The majority of people would do fine without cars in the proper developement, and it doesnt have to be glass modern art towers either. You can build dense and still have single family homes, parks, nature etc, it just makes more sense for people to be able to use their feet to go to the store or local business, assuming they don't live on a farm. I can't think of a single advantage sprawl suburbs have over older streetcar suburbs. Often the houses in the former are built very cheaply as well
>>
>>1320229
>We don't need cars, we need transportation.
Cars=transportation. People have them because they need them -- and because they want them. Who elected you King of the World, that you're entitled to tell others how to live? STFU.
>Cars ruin cities, they ruin our atmosphere, they're noisy, they're dangerous, they waste space.
Nope.
Electric cars won't.
Electric cars aren't.
That's an overblown myth perpetuated by scared little rabbits and self-driving car fanatics. Statistics be damned.
>Every year, 1,25 million people die in a car accident. 20 % of the CO2 emissions of the USA are due to cars.
So what? People die every year from any number of causes. Shall we limit people to eating perfectly-balanced diets of kibble, so they don't get fat or heart disease, too?
Funny how some of you people are so willing to dictate to others how they can live and conduct their lives. Fuck you, fascist pig.
Also again: plug-in electric cars.
>Cars make nations depend on finite (and often foreign) oil resources.
>Cars pollute ever after their end of life.
Also again: plug-in electric cars.
>Cars take an enormous toll on peoples' finances.
Keep your car for 10 years and there is ROI, especially if it's electric.

>more Fringie bullshit, now with even more Millennial nonsense!
Fuck off.
>poorfags who can't afford nice things
Get a job.

Face it, you're so not in the mainstream that nobody in the non-4chan world gives a shit about your crap. Just STFU.
Buses are for NPCs, and you're clearly and objectively an NPC.
Oh and by the way that's what we're discusssing here, is our *opinions* as to what is the most NPC form of transportation, and my *opinion* is that it's anything 'public transit' -- and that makes you Fringies the NPCs. Go report me now so you can get b& for false reporting.
>>
>>1320249
Clearly people do care, since more and more young people are moving to cities with trains/subways etc, while the suburbans are turning into ms-13 slums
>>
>>1320250
>young people
"""Young people""" are usually dum-dums until they get older. Ironically they think they know everything already, and more to the point, think they know better than older, wiser people.
>you're OLD, you just don't understand!
You can go back 1000 generations and the story stays the same.
>>
>>1320249
lol still taking any harsh words against cars as a personal insult
never change
>>
>>1320327
This. Why is he so fucking defensive about a machine? I like tvs but if you don't i won't hold it against you
>>
>>1320325
I take it the irony of reversing the ages in your posts is lost on you.
>>
>>1320249
electric cars don't fix any of these problems aside from noise, can't wait for you to die of diabetes because no one told you how to live your life
>>
Uber (pronounced uh ber)
Or its parody lyft
>>
>>1320325
old people often cant or dont even want to learn new things
>>
>>1320327
>>1320330
>>1320336
>>1320392
>>1320397
>massively butthurt because they don't want to change either
Thread called for opinions. I gave it in no uncertain terms and argued against arguments.
Be more careful what you wish for.
>>
>>1320392
>"""proud""" member of the Third Estate
I see the brainwashing worked especially well on you.
>>
>>1319230
Car
>>
>>1320421
lol no u just get 100% mad when people say they don't like cars
>>
car
>>
>>1320421
Except that electric cars probably are not the solution or the future of cars.

Battery are still highly polluting, some rare earth metals needed in the electric cars might become too scarce before oil does and if you're american the electricity powering your car comes mostly from oil and coal anyway. If you're not from the US you should check the electricity production of your country on wikipedia. Chances are the "electric" cars of your country are, in the end, running on oil, gaz and coal...
>So what? People die every year from any number of causes. Shall we limit people to eating perfectly-balanced diets of kibble, so they don't get fat or heart disease, too?
>Funny how some of you people are so willing to dictate to others how they can live and conduct their lives. Fuck you, fascist pig.

Not the anon you're replying to, but you know, "your freedom ends where mine begins" or something along that line. I would say that if i'm paying more taxes because some fattys/smokers purposedly had an awfull lifestyle and are now using a shitton of healthcare money then they're stepping in my freedom zone (IMO). Of course this depends on your political/philosophical opinions and the country you live in so there is no absolute answer but calling someone a fascist pig is probably not the right answer for a debate at least.
>>
>>1320249
>Funny how some of you people are so willing to dictate to others how they can live and conduct their lives. Fuck you, fascist pig.

Funny how some of you people want to force everybody to drive a car, dictating how they live and conduct their lives. There's no freedom in having the choice to take a train or public transport if they want to, right? Seeing as how communists built a lot of public transport systems maybe you're the fascist pig here.
>>
>>1320152
>Ruining everyone else's lives just to suit you is selfish and silly. We *need* cars.

what ironing levels are you on m8?
>>
>>1319988
The whole site is /pol/ now you nootard
>>
>>1320249
>Fuck you, fascist pig.
so you are ok with cagers killing people because "muh right of way"
and you are calling us fascists because of that?
>>
>>1320507
amen, people don't even bother debating with the cars are polluting and slowly killing everyone argument anymore
>>
I might be late to the party, but:
car
>>
>>1319230
car of course
>>
>>1320580
>Funny how some of you people want to force everybody to drive a car
Really? So I'm on your doorstep with an assault rifle, pointed at your head, forcing you into the drivers seat of a car? LOL stop being ridiculous.
>>
>>1320507
>>1320580
>>1320627
>>1320628
>>1320634
>>1320670
>can't get past their own fringe-element viewpoint
>doesn't see the bigger picture
>thinks the minority should dictate to the majority
>thinks they're somehow smarter than the people who actually make policy
>are all probably under the age of 25 and have no *PERSPECTIVE*

Guess what, Fringies? You will ALL reach an age where you'll not only want, but *like* having A CAR of your own. You'll get sick and tired of public transit. You (possibly; some of you never will get with anyone) will have families, and public transit won't cut it anymore. Using Uber and shit like that will become ridiculous. You'll look back at your attitude *now* and think how silly you were thinking you could live like kids your whole life. BELIEVE IT.

Thrash around, deny it, insult me all you want, IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

You speak of "NPCs" in this thread; 'Public Transit' is for the NPCs of the world. /thread
>>
>>1320687
The majority of the world's population now lives in cities.

You are a board tourist, but I can't get why you can't realise that in so many cities, owning a car isn't just impractical, it's actively discouraged. Places like Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong are where it's just the ultra-rich who own and drive cars. Everyone else just takes the metro/subway, and with such effective infrastructures, life without a car is just easier.

Even in the West, cities like London, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Munich and Amsterdam are far more accessible by public transport than they ever are by car. With congestion charges, minimal parking spaces and traffic design which sends cars the long way around places, it's just so much easier to just take public transport. Heck, even North American cities like Toronto, NYC, DC, Philadelphia and one or two others are completely comfortably livable without a car, and with the insane one way systems, is much easier to navigate.
>>
>>1320685
No but you try to murder me by running me off the road
>>
>>1320705
>The majority of the world's population now lives in cities.
Irrelevant. If they can afford to own and drive a car then they WILL own and drive a car and it's not anyones business to tell them they can't.
Do you really think you're going to be able to dictate to anyone with money how they can get around to conduct their daily business? Good luck with that. All of your false Utopian plans to divest people of personal transportation will just lower the standard of living for the 99%, meanwhile the 1% will always have exceptions to any and all laws pertaining to it and will have their own private vehicles regardless. All you people would do is hurt the people you claim to want to ""'save""".
For fuck's sake just give it up already. You can ride your buses and trains and whatever and nobody gives a fuck, but you *HAVE* to acknowledge that public transit is not for everyone and that nobody has the right to dictate to anyone else that they *must* use it if they can afford otherwise.

>>1320714
Grow up, kid. *Nobody is trying to kill you*. Get medicated if you're really this unironically paranoid, you're just embarassing yourself.
>>
No matter how I hate cyclists, they are anything, but NPC. Try predicting their moves.
>>
>>1320685
By consistently rejecting any forms of improved public transport and defunding the transport we already have, yes, you people are forcing the rest of us into cars. People in newly built outer suburbs have no choice because the public transport isn't there. If it were, they would use it.

It's not literally under the threat of violence you fucking dumbass and you know it.
>>
In german citys many people use public transport. I hate using it every day. It's always an experience I hate.
>>
>>1320687
see, you don't even try to move the goalposts of pollution and climate change that will affect us all. You can only afford to own a car because much of the total cost is externalized.

Also, I have no idea what are you trying to argue, no one wants to ban cars. The npc use case is commuting to a cubicle and back 5 days a week, and they use cars /thread
>>
Based shitposter

You fucks deserve it for trying to lower the speed limit, and put speedbumps everywhere
>>
>>1319619
Limeyland was one of my favorite places to drive. I felt at home amongst other assholes.
>>
>>1321114
Oh that is such total CRAP, every last word of it.
GET REAL.
>>
Cages without a doubt. Think about it.
>By far most popular mode choice.
>Pinnacle of consumerist culture with ads on every TV show and football kit.
>People define the type of person they are by the type of cage they own.
>people judge each others social class simply by the cage they drive and compare each other constantly.
>Being behind a cage depersonalizes everyone outside your cage so you only think of yourself.
>Cagelets come to /n/ to complain about people taking other transportation which is peak /pol/ and npc activity.
>>
>>1321248
t. facebook boomer
>>
File: hondashibikku.jpg (246 KB, 2550x1452)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>1319230
>>
>>1321248
t. drives 8 hours per week to sit in a box and stare at illuminated screens
>>
public transit
>>
I don't think any mode of transportation is NPC. It's all about how you do it, where you do it, why you do it. Etc. NPCs will buy NPC cars and drive like NPCs.

NPCs will sit on the bus like a drone anxiously waiting for their stop.

NPCs will ride bikes hammerfist car hoods
>>
>>1321769
>Cages without a doubt. Think about it.
nope
>By far most popular mode choice.
Because it makes sense for people to conduct their lives
>Pinnacle of consumerist culture with ads on every TV show and football kit.
Yeah sure every commercial is for cars, not anything else.
>People define the type of person they are by the type of cage they own.
strawman
>people judge each others social class simply by the cage they drive and compare each other constantly.
..and the clothes they wear, and the house they live in, and where their kids go to school, and what kind of job they have, what they like to eat, are they physically fit, are they good-looking, and so on, and so on, and so on..
Basically more strawman from you.
>Being behind a cage depersonalizes everyone outside your cage so you only think of yourself.
Strawman, strawman, strawman!
>Cagelets come to /n/ to complain about people taking other transportation which is peak /pol/ and npc activity.
Strawman, strawman, strawman!
Guess I can't expect logic and reason from a seething FRINGIE like you, just stuff and nonsense. You're probably vegan, too, aren't you? LOL.
>>
>>1321776
>>1321835
>strawman
>>
File: npc_meme_3.png (603 KB, 800x472)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>1319230
By definition, if you use public transit, you are an NPC.

Do you see rich people taking public transit?
>Hell, no!
Do you see famous people taking public transit?
>Hell, no!
Do you see important people taking public transit?
>Hell, no!
Do you see powerful people taking public transit?
>Hell, no!
Why do you think that is, based Anons?

>B-b-but Anon, cars aren't SUSTAINABLE, they're INEFFICIENT, they're KILLING THE PLANET!
>Everyone should move to cities so they can walk, or take buses and trains everywhere instead!
Guess what, Fringiefriends?
>People aren't animals in a zoo, they don't want to live like caged animals, jammed into as small a space as possible, they want elbow room, they want space to actually *live* not just *exist*
It's hilarious how some of you call automobiles """cages""", when a BUS is nothing but a big CAGE, and big cities are more like a CAGE than anything else, with too many people jammed together in too small a space, and being overcharged by greedy landlords in the process, then they have to jam themselves into big wheeld """cages""" with either rubber tire wheels on pavement or steel wheels on steel tracks, so they can jam too many of themselves onto sidewalks, too many into elevators, and too many into offices.
>This is the future you want for mankind? LOL you're ridiculous!

..oh, but that's just The Working Poor, which will be one of two and only two social classes, once The Rich get done with us, and once you get done jamming everyone into overcrowded cities. Meanwhile, The Rich will *still* have cars. You won't be allowed to ride in them, though, because *you gave up your choices*.

Your 'car-free utopia' would ruin our civilization. It's extremism born out of a severely limited, unrealistic view of the world, no doubt made worse by Extreme Youth.
>>
>>1321885
t. NPC
>>
>>1321892
Cagie so mad he wrote 5 paragraphs rationalizing his cage on a Burmese crocheting table
>>
why do you fucks keep responding to this bait
>>
>>1321912
It's the perfect mix of boomerism and fanaticism, down to the T with the capitalization and asteriks around words.
>>
>>1321892
>car-free utopia

strawman, actually we do need npcs

>>1321912
>tfw you bait with a wall of text
>>
>>1321892
>BUS is nothing but a big CAGE

exactly, seethe harder you boomer cagelet
>>
>>1319234

Cars have totally taken over the functioning of cities. I've never owned a car. People should be mostly walking, or on bikes. I see lazy fuck parents clogging the roads up taking their kids to school in the mornings. Sets a terrible example to them. My parents used to walk me to school. It's all ego and laziness.
>>
Imagine not knowing what a straw man actually is and just spewing it at anyone you don’t like. Peak npc activity.
>>
>>1319230
bicycle
>>
>>1321902
>>1321905
>>1321930
Oh look, the frinigies are SO ANGRY for being called out on their delusional, short-sighted nonsense! I'm so sorry, is reality harshing the mellow of your fantasy world?

I'm just telling you the truth of the world. Not my problem if you're butthurt over it. The world is what it is, and humans are what they are. You choose to live on the fringies of society, then you're going to get rubbed the wrong way by it when you come into contact with it. Either accept things or go isolate yourselves. I'm sure there's some other *chan out there that nobody has heard of that you can use for your fringie echo-chamber conversations about 'killing cagers' and 'banning cages'. Not like you can make any of it happen anyway.
>>
>>1321974
>Cars have totally taken over the functioning of cities.
Yes, and there's functional reasons for that, as well as societal reasons, and they're all perfectly valid.
>I've never owned a car.
Then you have a skewed perspective on the subject.
>People should be mostly walking, or on bikes.
Not practical or realistic.
>I see lazy fuck parents clogging the roads up taking their kids to school in the mornings. Sets a terrible example to them.
Guess what? Schools all over the country *prohibit* children riding bikes to school, for *safety* reasons, and the kids and their parents will actually *get into trouble with the school district* if they let the kid ride a bike to school.
This is something you can blame society for, and all the pedophile assholes of the world, for making people paranoid.
Might surprise you but I think kids should ride a bike to school if they're able.
If it's too far away then they need to be driven, or take a schoolbus, if one is available.
>My parents used to walk me to school. It's all ego and laziness.
Oh I see so your parents used to walk you 5 miles *each way* to school every day? You started out the door at 5:00am so you'd get to class on time at 8:00am?
You see the problem here?

Most of you on 4chan are YOUNG and don't have perspective. As you get older you'll have more experience in life and get some perspective, and your attitudes will change because of that. You'll deny that now but it'll happen, that's just the way it is.
>>
>>1321974
>My parents used to walk me to school. It's all ego and laziness.
Oh and then there's this: Your parents (both of them?) had nothing better to do all day than to not only walk you *to* school in the morning, but walk there in the afternoon to walk you *back* from school, too? Gee, must be nice to be one of the 1%, The Rich, and have at least a mother who could afford to stay at home all day and cater to your every need like that, but guess what buddy? Most families these days need both parents to *work* in order provide their kids with a decent life and a chance at a decent future, so they don't have time to do things like walk their kid to and from school 5 days a week. They'll take the schoolbus if one is available, or if that just doesn't work, then they get *driven in a car* and dropped off and picked up later.
>I've never owned a car, he says
You're also clearly not married and don't have kids to take care of either or you'd have a more realistic perspective on these things. Like I said: you're young, you don't have perspective. Your opinions and attitudes are those of a young, unmarried person, who is only responsible for himself. Do you even live on your own yet? Support yourself? I find it doubtful.
>>
>>1322156
>Not practical
I suppose you're going to say diabeties is "practical" then?
>Schools all over the country *prohibit* children riding bikes to school, for *safety* reasons
The Netherlands banned cars from cities centres so that children could ride their bikes to school safely.
>all the pedophile assholes of the world, for making people paranoid
In Amsterdam, literal protitutes cycle to their next client. I think this is projection on your part.
>Oh I see so your parents used to walk you 5 miles *each way* to school every day?
Within towns and cities, many households live within about 1-2 km. That's about a 10-15 minute walk in each direction.

You, anon, are morbidly American.
>>
>>1322160
>spending time with family instead of slaving to make your boss richer is a bad thing
good goy
>>
>>1322162
>eurotrash thinks his country is better than everywhere else
think again
also lurk more you're boring me

>>1322177
>based and NEETpilled
>>
>>1322156
>>1322160
Basically everything you've mentioned is an American problem deeply entrenched in your culture. From urban planning to societal expectations, and there isn't a solution for it except tearing down and rebuilding the entire system.

>Not practical or realistic.
It's only unrealistic for the majority of people to walk or bike for the majority of their travel. With the strict hierarchical zoning that prohibits shops from being built near houses, parking minimums requiring huge oversized parking lots, and a severe lack of public transit options it's no wonder that everyone owns a car.

>Schools all over the country *prohibit* children riding bikes to school, for *safety* reasons
The US likes to parrot on about freedoms but likes nothing better than classic fearmongering and security theatre. In virtually every other developed nation it's safe to walk to school on your own.

>Might surprise you but I think kids should ride a bike to school if they're able.
And the rest of us agree. It's a systematic problem in the US that kids aren't allowed to do so. Suburban urban planning leaves schools too far from homes to walk or bike, and makes it actively dangerous to do so with a lack of sidewalks or bike lanes.

>Most families these days need both parents to *work* in order provide their kids with a decent life and a chance at a decent future
Which is why the modern US capitalist system is broken and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. In first world countries with a proper safety net, parents have options to be able to walk their kids to school until they are old enough to do it on their own, or have other options like flexible working hours or better before or after school care.

These are American problems entirely of your own making, but by taking examples from the rest of the world and building on them maybe you could reach the anarcho-socialist utopia that we all secretly strive to achieve.
>>
>>1322380
>too many words
Let me boil your whole """philiosophy""" down to a few words, for the benefit of everyone else:
>Destroy everything and start from scratch
Here's a PRO-TIP for you, old son:
>THIS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, EVER, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS
Just get off it.
Your 'philosophy', such as it is, is *utter and complete nonsense*.
Go be a politician in your own little country, whatever the hell that is. Then you'll discover that you can't do shit that way. No one will put up with it.
>"Throwing the baby out with the bathwater"
Go look up the etymology of that saying if the meaning is lost on you.
The U.S. is no different than *any other country extant*, or that has *ever existed throughout human history* in at least one aspect: IT'S NOT PERFECT.
HOWEVER: There are many, many aspects of *this* country *THAT WE HAPPEN TO LIKE*. We'll fight to keep those, and that means your """scorched earth philosophy""" is *ANATHEMA*. Try it in your own country first; be sure to come back and tell us how your political career goes -- assuming they let you *continue drawing breath*.

You can post as many comments here as you like but you're just blowing hot air until you run for political office wherever it is you live, get elected, and actually cause things to happen that you keep talking about. You're not convincing me of anything, in case you didn't notice, and nothing you say here has any effect in the Real World.
Meanwhile I'm just telling it like it is, whether you or anyone likes it or not. I'm not here to be part of anyone's Echo Chamber.
>>
>>1322372
>you're boring me
Good. Leave this board and don't come back. Nobody likes your stupid posts about how much you love to drive a car and how much you think cars are the best thing ever.

This board thrived talking about various kinds of public transport, taking about different systems and unique ideas and examples. All you've done is make a board of train and bicycle enthusiasts collectively hate you.
>>
File: P1010154.jpg (2.92 MB, 3712x2088)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>1319230
Western society has defaulted to the car to the point where taking public transport or cycling marks you as an outsider or a wierdo.
Except for the bus, which is generally only used by the poor or the elderly.
>>
>>1322436
Have sex
>>
>>1319230
gotta say bus i'd know i used to drive one
>>
>>1322467
Luckily, Germany isn't a western country but the puffer state between west and east
>>
>>1322467
interestingly, 99% of what society think is pure cancer, coincidence?
>>
File: puzser.jpg (48 KB, 1024x576)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>nothing will ever change

This guy wants to ban cars from Budapest city center and he is running for mayor to do so. Basically that is his platform.
>>
>>1319230
The one that you, personally like the least.
>>
>>1322657
based and relativism-pilled
>>
>>1322444
>Waah, you're ruining our Echo Chamber!
Not my fault if some of you are so thoroughly indoctrinated to think like PEASANTS that you can't see any other way of life. Go right ahead, though, The Rich prefer it when you believe you're not capable of being better than a PEASANT, you're easier to control that way.

>>1322467
>>1322503
>>1322649
>they think they're smarter than everyone else
You're not.

>>1322654
If that's all the guy has on his mind then he's going to be torn to shreds by the other candidate(s) and rightly so.
>>
the truth is there are no npcs
>>
>>1321892
God let me suck your cock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have AIDS
>>
File: Subway.jpg (14 KB, 275x183)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1319230

Subway.
>>
>>1319230
cars, because of the way car drivers act.
>i dont take buses because its too much effort to figure out the times
>i dont like trains in my america because they could never work because ted talks told me
>i dont like bikes because they take up space on my roads
>planes are not a method of transportation
>>
>>1324422
it's fucking stupid because cagelets benefit the most from public transportation
>make public transport the best it can be
>more people would use buses, trains, trams etc
>the only people driving would be the ones who really want/need to
>less traffic overall, making travel quicker for everyone
but no, just build more roads because what is induced demand
>>
>>1324422
>>1324497
Why should I use up 1 to 3 hours round trip of my busy day getting somewhere by bus when I can drive there, do my business, and drive back in less than an hour?
Why should I risk being robbed on a bus?
Why should I have to put up with trying to get 5 bags of groceries home on a bus, which will piss everyone off?
Why should I have to walk home from where the gods-be-damned bus stop is with 5 bags of groceries?
Why should I be *limited* in where I can go, when where I need to go is sometimes 100-150 miles away, in the middle of nowhere, where there's not even cell service?
Why should I be limited to *when* I can go somewhere because of bus schedules?
Why should I have to be subjected to the dregs of society constantly?
Why should I have to be subjected to people who are too inconsiderate to stay home when they're sick, spreading their filthy illness to everyone on the bus?
Why should I be subjected to people who refuse to wash their bodies and stink?
Why should I be subjected to people whose breath stinks?
Why should I be subjected to potentially violent people and/or mentally unbalanced people?
..and so on, and so on, and so on.

All rheotorical questions by the way. All your 'answers' to the above will be skewed by your fucked-up, unrealistic worldview.
>>
>>1324422
>>1324497
Oh and by the way, here's what would happen in the 'carless world' that some of you seem to have wet-dreams about:

o First of all street, road, and highway infrastructure would have to be maintained regardless, because trucks and emergency vehicles would still exist
o The Rich would never stand for it and use their money and influence to get exceptions; they'd still drive cars, have limosine service, and so on
o People would still want personal transportation regardless, public transit is not appropriate for all circumstances, therefore cab companies and rideshare services would still exist
o Trying to eliminate emergency vehicles would never happen so you can forget that
o Trying to eliminate trucks would destroy the economy of the country, so that's never happening either
o Trying to eliminate cab, rideshare, and limosine companies would also hurt the economy so you can forget about that too
o Private industry would also need ground vehicle traffic in order for their companies to exist, and eliminating their vehicles would likewise destroy the economy, so that's not happening either
o Since you NEED street, road, and highway infrastructure to support all the above, that still needs to be paid for. But since you've now eliminated private vehicle ownership, the money to pay for infrastucture maintenance and construction has to come from somewhere -- which means higher taxes for everyone. It also means higher public transit fares. Eventually between taxation and fare increases, it would approach the cost of car ownership annually.
o Meanwhile overall productivity, quality-of-life for the average citizen (who would be hit the hardest by this insane policy) would go *down* dramatically
o Voter backlash over this anti-car policy, over the next couple election cycles, causes a sea change, voting out legislators that instituted the anti-car-ownership policies, and voting in candidates who promise to restore things to the way they were
>>
>>1324521
This is not a transit problem, 3 hour commutes is caused by a lack of reliable transit
>>
>>1324521
>>1324525
Theres no way an actual person is not only this stupid, but this dedicated. This has to be a paid auto shill. Can't imagine why an actual human being would be having a mental breakdown over the fact that a transit forum exists. Fucking pathetic
>>
o Meanwhile, speaking of elections and industry, the auto manufacturing industry would put massive amounts of money into PACs to vote out anti-car and vote back in pro-car
o While all this is happening the rest of the world is scratching their heads in confusion as to how the U.S. could be so pants-on-head retarded; the U.S. economy declines in the wake of the chaos caused by this policy change, and countries like China benefit from the decrease in U.S. esteem worldwide
o Also, while all this is happening, *vehicle traffic hasn't significantly been reduced because business, emergency vehicles, The Rich, are still on the roads*.

This is all assuming any such 'policies' or 'laws' would get off the ground in the first place; they would not. They would never even make it to a Senate or House vote, and any politician presenting such a bill would lose so much credibility, both from their colleagues and their constituency, that it would be *political suicide*. Never happen.

Here's what you need to take away from this:
o Be *grateful* that there is taxpayer money subsidizing what Public Transit there already is. Without that, you'd be *walking* everywhere.
o Be *grateful* that there is as much bicycle-oriented infrastructure as their is in urban centers, and in more elightened cities, towns, and suburbs.
o Also be *grateful* that everywhere is not like NYC, where the cops almost literally attack cyclists and take their bikes away (yes, this has happened).
o You want to help the overall situtation? *Stop hating on people in cars*. You're just making things worse for everyone when you, creating *more* divisiveness. If you can't do that then expect to be *ostracised* for it. FFS get along with the majority, it's in *your* best interests.

Accept reality: you've *benefitted* from automobiles, in many different ways. Think about it.
>>
>>1324530
>Mental breakdown
Don't make me laugh. Not my fault or my problem that you're somehow not seeing reality. If anything, (You) are the one with the mental problems. Try looking past the end of your own nose for once.
>>
>>1324527
The core of your lack of understanding is this: PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO TAKE BUSES EVERYWHERE, THEY LIKE HAVING PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION. It's *always* been this way, thoughout human history. Why is it you can't see that, it's right in front of your nose? Are you realy living in such a sheltered little micro-universe?
>>
>>1324533
I haven't really engaged with you for months now and I am frankly amazed that you are still doing this.
It's like you're either literally autistic, or on the verge of a total meltdown.
>>
>>1324530
lol i didn't even see another anon saying you're having a breakdown.

>>1324534
Why are you doing this?
>>
>>1324537
I know man, its like going to a book forum, and spamming it with posts about how great televisions are.
>>
>>1324537
LOL I've been around 4chan long enough to come to a few conclusions about the denizens of this place:
1. Any comment longer than a Tweet, and most of you either lose attention, or you skim over it and your comprehension of it goes to shit.
2. If someone posts something that is direct and to the point, regardless of length, most of you act like you're being '''yelled at''' and get all triggered. Stepfathers yelling at you or something? I don't know.
3. If someone posts something that is *long* as well as *direct and to the point*, most of you act like that person is experiencing a psychotic break or something similar.

I'm here to *educate* you young guys. You've got some really strange ideas about things, and that's not going to serve you in the long run. Why do you insist on rejecting reality? Do really think you're going to wave your hand and magically make the world into something totally different? Real sorry you don't like cars and can only wrap your heads around buses and trains, but that's not how the rest of the world thinks, and if you want to be successful in the Real World you're going to *have* to learn to work *within it* instead of *against it* constantly. That way lies failure and misery for you. Why do you want to fail at life and be miserable? There is *nothing wrong with cars*, they're a useful tool, and you're going to eventually need to own at least one of them yourself. There's also *nothing wrong with publc transit*, but it has it's place, and it's not a cure-all for all of mankinds' problems, stop trying to make it into that.
>>
>>1324852
Have sex
>>
>>1324852
Too *long*, didn't *read*. Go back to */o/* already.
>>
>>1324852
TL;DR
>>
>>1324533
>>1324525

hilarious thanks lmao

im obviously not saying to take a bus when you can't physically take a bus. i'm not saying there is /no purpose for cars/.

in general, buses and trains are better than cars, in terms of the environment, and in terms of like, being a chill person. you only get robbed on american buses anyway, dumbass, so that's your own problem in your own lawless wasteland of a country.
>>
File: kawasaki-zx10r-se20.jpg (523 KB, 1752x1168)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>1319230
I don't know. Prolly the bus. Subways are kind of cool tbqh.

The anti-NPC transportation is a motorcycle.
>>
>>1324952
*sigh*
Public transit is for THE POOR. It raises *their* standard of living and quality of life. For the Middle Class, it does *little* for them (with the exception of densely populated urban centers, which are *not where everyone lives*). For the Upper Class/The Rich, public transit does *nothing whatsoever*.

Public transit will *never, ever* fix *any* environmental problems because *you will NEVER get everyone using it*.

The way to fix transportation-related '''environmental''' problems is as follows:
o Encourage plug-in electric vehicles (of ALL kinds)
o Gradually retire internal-combustion engine vehicles as they wear out
o Encourage more so-called 'renewable' electric power sources
o Encourage the development and construction of off-peak electric power storage facilities
o Encourage the development of new nuclear fission reactor designs with emphasis on safety, reliability, and fault/disaster tolerance
o Encourage the *construction* of new, state-of-the-art fission reactor power plants
o Encourage the continued development of practical *fusion* reactor technology
While all that is going on:
o Encourage the continued research into new, cutting-edge energy generation technologies
o Encourage the continued research and development of new, cutting-edge battery technologies

Then everybody gets what they want.
>>
>>1325009
Anyone actually bothering to read this crap wanna give us a tl;dr?
>>
>>1325012
Nobody reads this sperg anymore. Barely anyone engages.
>>
>>1325009
have sex
>>
>>1325009
lol you looked at his post, saw the word "bus" and then sperged out again

6/10 for entertainment value, 3/10 for effort.
>>
>>1319236
t. NPC
>>
File: Capture.png (142 KB, 1285x360)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
I thought fringie poster got banned a while ago for doing shit like this
>>
>>1325012
>>1325021
>>1325040
>>1325058
brainlets, never change, never improve, never LEARN.
>>
definitely car
>>
>>1325009
is this bait? it must be. surely?
>>
>>1325163
You must have a really good car to feel so superior, genuinely kinda curious what it is.
Any chance you can share a picture of it to make the fringies seethe even more?
>>
>>1325009
>For the Middle Class, it does *little* for them (with the exception of densely populated urban centers, which are *not where everyone lives*)
found the problem. Seriously. Nobody should be living outside dense urban cores these days unless they're directly involved in agriculture, or mining. Axe subsidies for highways and people would migrate to the cities in no time at all. Hell, monorails might even be able to run at a profit
>>
>>1319230
Hyperloop
>>
>>1325009
Its less the emissions and more the huge parking lots and 32 lane highways that are bad for the environment
>>
>>1325198
Stop being stupid
>>1325281
>Nobody should be living outside dense urban cores these days unless they're directly involved in agriculture, or mining.
Fuck you, authoritarian asshole, you don't get to dictate to people where they can and can't live. Communist dick.
>>
>>1325291
No, you are clearly and objectively wrong. Your short-sighted '''vision''' of the future would destroy the world economy and make people universally miserable. You take for granted what modern civilization brings you every single day because there are CARS and can't see past the end of your own nose. Doesn't even matter if you autistically refused to even ride in a car, you *benefit* from their existence every single day of your life whether you're willing to admit that or not.
>>
>>1325281
>I live in an Urban Shithole and have my entire life because I'm DIRT POOR and on WELFARE and I hate on RICH PEOPLE who can afford nice places to live in the suburbs and who can afford their very own CAR
Get a job and maybe you won't be so bitter anymore.
>>
>>1325388
>gibs me dats or it's "authoritarianism"
>expecting people to pay for their own cost of living is "communism"
Cagerism in a nutshell
>>
File: 1555470343533.jpg (330 KB, 1070x813)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>1325393
>poor people live in cities
>rich people live in suburbs
Which walmart state are you in?
>>
>>1325198
>It's outside my sphere of experience, ideas different from my own
>must be trolling!
Is your mind so inflexible that you can't even conceive of anything different from what (You) think? Or is it that you're so stuck in the '''teenage rebellion''' phase, seething against any and all Authority Figures, that you flatly *refuse* to consider anything that comes from anyone older than you?
>>
>>1325396
>people have decent jobs/careers
>people buy themselves a house in the suburbs with their own money they earn
>people buy themselves a CAR with their own money they earn
>people pay their property taxes with their own money they earn
>people pay fuel taxes which funds street and highway infrastructure with their own money they earn
>people pay their payroll and income taxes with their own money they earn
Oh and by the way all the taxes people pay with their own money they earn? That also goes to pay for YOUR PUBLIC TRANSIT, otherwise it wouldn't exist, or at least the fares would be astronomical. Then you'd CRY and CRY and CRY about how """UNFAIR""" it is that you have to WALK everywhere.

You're a MYOPIAN in the extreme. You have NO FUCKING IDEA how the world actually works, but of course like the entitled little bitch you are, you're more than willing to complain about shit you don't like and expect everything and everyone else to change to suit (((You))) instead of adapting to the rest of the world.
Do you even have a real job? Or are you a NEET or on Welfare or somesuch? Or do you have some shit minimum-wage job bussing tables or washing dishes or somesuch shit and are so *angry* all the time at people who have nice things?
>>
>>1325405
>have a decent job
>instead of buying a home somewhere actually SANE and not STUPID, buy a house hours away from anything resembling a grocery store, a school, or an office building
>hmm, it's 1/5 the price, there's obviously no catch! never mind I have to pay someone in a truck to drain my barely contained sewage tank and I can't even cook without buying tanks of propane like it's a third world country
>oh also it's completely uninhabitable unless you build and maintain a useless network of expensive roads used by maybe 1.5 people per week and oh we'll be taking a vast chunk of your tax money to subsidize a gasoline-dependent foreign policy too
>waah! why won't these urbanites subsidize my cost of living!
You have the IQ of a bar of soap.
>>
File: peasant.jpg (82 KB, 757x481)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>public transit weenies ITT
GOOD GOYS, you're easier to control when you truly believe you're just The Poor!
GOOD, GOOD GOYS, the Middle Class is your enemy! Help us destroy them, we'll reward you!
>>
>>1325409
>complete and utter FANTASY
>passes it off as REALITY
Stop taking OXYCONTIN it's fucking with your mind.
>>
File: plaga_de_ratas.jpg (37 KB, 550x412)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1325409
>how this anon thinks all humans should live
>>
File: pig.jpg (100 KB, 500x333)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1325412
>everyone is addicted to oxycontin like me
The abandoned box factory will reopen any day now as soon as we build a wall around the entire country and ban all imports forever, right cleetus?
>>
>>1325414
Yeah sure you make a REALLY STRONG ARGUMENT in favor of Public Transit by being a RACIST PIECE OF SHIT
KILL
YOUR
SELF
FAGGOT
>>
>>1325419
Quality post. You really contributed to the discussion. WTF I'm not racist anymore.
>>
>>1325418
>doesn't want to live like a rat in a too-crowded (urban) cage like he does
>must be a redneck!
>can't POSSIBLY be anything in between the two!
This is how I can tell you're Underage B& NEET living at home with your parents paying for everything, you have no perspective on the Real World whatsoever, and you speak in MEMES 100% of the time.
>>
>>1325414
>Brown people
>black people ruining it
You're clearly and objectively a RACIST PIECE OF SHIT. Fuck off: >>>/b/ >>>/pol/ >>>/trash/ asshole. Stop voting for Trump.
>>
>>1325419
>>1325423
Hello samefag
>>
File: MG_4523.jpg (1.11 MB, 1280x853)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>1325422
You kinda gave yourself away by mentioning oxycontin, try digging out of your hole but you're toast. It's obvious you're in some poor, blighted, economically useless shit hole in which the most popular local hobby is arguing over who's at fault for the local economy being garbage: college professors, immigrants, foreigners, women, jews, or black people. Don't worry about the subway coming to steal your freedom, nobody is going to build anything there. Not a train. Not another factory. Not even a Cinnabon. Nothing, ever.

A smart person would have fled long ago, but not you. You're going to show those librul cucks what the REAL WORLD is like by dicking yourself over for life.
>>
California HSR was a boondoggle and a money-pit to begin with and nobody really wanted it. It immediately started going way way over budget and Central Valley farmers screamed because their land was being appropriated to build it, meanwhile there's no way in hell it would *ever* pay for itself, not in 100 years, because *nobody* was going to use it, not anywhere near enough to make it profitable. I voted *against* it for those reasons and because Jerry Brown pushed the idea in the middle of the Recession when there wasn't any money to pay for it anyway. Liked the guy overall he put so many things right after Schwartzenegger screwed it all up but HSR was one of the things he should have just not bothered with.
>>
>>1325429
Apparently your main hobby is *building strawmen*, must be a byproduct of all that *basket-weaving* you did in the *mental health facility* when you were *institutionalized*.
>he thinks I live in the Bible Belt
LOL the bus exhaust fumes have eaten away at your brain, son.
>>
>>1325429
Oh by the way thanks so much for posting a pic of *where (You) live*, it answers so many questions about your fucked-up attitude towards reality.
Do you live there alone? Or are there other heroin addicts living in there with you? xD
>>
>>1325434
>>1325436
those asterisks are so cute :3
>>
>>1325392
*faggot*
>>
>>1319230
Hybrid
>>
>>1325430
Yeah there isn't even enough standard rail in the bay area yet and plane covers San Fran to LA just fine for the type of people who need it. Connecting the South Bay to the East Bay and San Francisco area would be a huge boon alone.
>>
>>1325477
>has not argument, not even a cogent opinion
>posts insults instead
Your unconditional surrender is accepted, please exit the thread immediately or be *sanctioned* with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>1325605
Damn, I thought the usual delusional car-fixated cager were bad, then there's (You) and your incessant babbling that's barely even in english.
Why aren't you locked up in a padded cell somewhere?
>>
>>1320152
soooooo based, fuck these faggots, let the cage rage.
>>
>>1319230
That car you "need" but don't need, like a crossover SUV for yourself alone on a under 4 mile commute.
>>
>>1325622
>>1325637
>*So* angry
Out of ammunition so soon?
>reality wins yet again
>>
File: Global rule 3&6.png (16 KB, 377x213)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>1325622
>>1325637
>>
>>1319230
SUV
>>
>>1319234
Fucking this.
>>
>>1319230
>What's the most npc form of transportation?
Anything that isn't a car, pickup truck, motorcycle, etc. You know, things that poorfags have to use.
>>
>>1319234
Why don't Americans buy cars in colors other than black, white, and occasionally red? Is it something to do with their worldview?
>>
File: heroes.jpg (514 KB, 1920x1080)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>1328047
>>
>question about which form of transport requires the least independent thought

>choice between the standardized, routine, repetitive mass transit option that literally never changes day to day
vs
>operating a car all by yourself, with a myriad of unique circumstances every day, from weather, to other drivers, to mechanical issues, personal health etc

Gee I wonder which one the seething asshurt bike riders chose in this thread?
>>
>>1328086
You forgot a bicycle which requires more thought and ability than either option listed. Man you are dumb.
>>
>>1328086
>car
what a weird way to spell bicycle
>>
>>1328086
face it, you're just GTA KI.
>>
File: 1557306513872.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>1328082
You seem to have misspelled some words, I fixed it for you.
>>
>>1328090
>>1328088
>>1328110
>poorfag NEETs who have accepted as fact that they're peasants
Be sure to swallow when you suck the Lords' cock, Serfs, or they won't let your family keep enough of their produce to get through the winter.
>>
>>1328242
Better sit in car, than stand in bus, which is stuck in same traffic.
>>
>>1328266
>bus
>stuck in traffic
such is life in the third world
>>
If no one refutes this post in the next 24 hours, then the matter is settled: so-called '''public transit''' is the most NPC form of transportation, hands-down.
>>
>>1329955
the answer is hybrid bike

a NPC is unwilling to make a choice so they get a hybrid because they don't want to go fast but they also don't want to go slow

bonus npc points for having knobys on
>>
cars. npc notmalfags can't comprehend the idea of building towns on a human scale and think theres always been strip malls and subdivisions.
>>
>>1329955
NPCs don't ride public transit; they heard it bad and they don't question that or try it for themselves and have to drive their car to everything and pay for parking.
>>
>>1329978
>>1329980
>>1329991
>>1330003
>taking the bait THIS HARD
man you guys are dumdums
>>
>>1319230
I never understood how "people" like you aren't considered the NPCs. Racist, autistic, assholes who typically live at home and have to rage post on the internet about "normies"would never be the main character in any story. Unless it was about a serial killer I guess. I don't know, just confused me how meek little men on 4chan somehow convinced themselves they are heroes. No one will ever love you or praise you and you'll never be the hero of any story.

>inb4 t. NPC
>inb4 NPC.jpg
>>
>>1328058
In my state (AZ/ desert) cars are mainly white and lighter colors as black cars cool down slower and show scratches (dust storm and scratchy plants). Cops are more likely to pull over red, yellow, and green cars as they catch the eye more, so there's that too. Then I hear the myth that insurance policies adjust prices based on color because psychological mumbo jumbo about influencing driver behavior.
>>
>>1330379
t. Retard that thinks NPC means "bad person"
>racist
Normies are racist in their own way. Look at nytimes
>>
File: 1557670142745.png (250 KB, 622x439)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>1330379
>>1330443
Forgot pic.
>>
>>1330443
You use it to mean bad person. You use it as a way to make yourself feel above the vast majority of people when in to reality you know that you are the same. Using 4chan and having a contrarian opinion does not make you the main character of some perceived story. And being an actual racist is not a defendable position no matter how hard you deflect.
>>
>>1330379
Anon, some percentage of them here on /n/ are just bored children engaging in low-tier trolling, and the rest really are as misanthropic as they seem to be, and places like 4chan are the only places they don't get chased out of, so the rest of us who are not children or total misanthropes get treated to their fringe-element opinions and attitudes.
>>
>>1330479
>>1330444
>>1330443
Oh for fuck's sake.. the NPC meme-dujour (and a 'meme' is what it is) is just a way of artificially creating a pecking order where one doesn't naturally exist, and in the context of /n/ it's being used by one socio-economic group to jockey for position in the artificial hierarchy against another socio-economic group. They use made-up terms like 'cage' and 'cager' to drive a wedge, create a division within society, and then they proceed to create a false narrative around that, casting themselves as the victims, romanticizing themselves as 'heroes against the oppressive cager society'.
Meanwhile, back in the Real World, none of this fantasy-world they've built actually exists, and no one is even aware any of this is going on.
It's sad, really, that some elements of society are left behind, marginalized the way they are, but there's a Bell Curve for just about everything, and sadly there are some Anons here on 4chan who are on the low right side of that curve.
>>
>>1330484
>They use made-up terms like 'cage' and 'cager' to drive a wedge, create a division within society
lmao. Its a nickname on a topic board. No reason why you can't go to /o/ if you don't like non-car transportation. You know a car centric board actually exists on this site, right? Nobody is forcing you to come here
>no one is aware in the real world
Not really. Theres people and developers that want to build on a car scale, and on a human scale. Its a pretty hot topic these days actually
>>
>>1330479
No its because the left believes whatever disney and the media says without questioning anything.
>racist
Hating white people is still racist.
>>
>>1330484
>people on a bike and transit board don't think cars are the best thing ever
Wow no shit. why don't you go to a vegan forum and tell them how terrible they are for not eating meat, or go to a surfing website and say surfing fucking sucks? Why do you find a niche boards views so offensive?
>>
>>1330496
>responds only within the context of the narrative they've built for themselves, not within the over-arching context of the rest of reality
(You): "Blah blah blah WORDS", basically.
Nothing you say changes anything. You create *divisiveness* where none needs to exist; you *create* conflict where none needs to happen. You turn /n/ into a battleground where it doesn't need to be a battleground. Then you blame someone like me for calling you out on your bullshit, when you're the people who are needlessly making it all happen. You're the ones shitting up /n/ with things that don't need to exist and that lower the overall quality of the board for everyone by subjecting them to your angry, divisive speech.
>>
>>1319230
cars of course. literally everyone uses them and often even think that theres no alternative and will get mad if everything is not always made for them.. like if they make a bike road instead of new road or improvements to a car road.
>>
>>1330505
Literally no reason to come here if you hate transit so much. We have a reasonably fast car board that exists. Theres nothing for you here.
>>
>>1330504
>Why do you find a niche boards views so offensive?
Why do you find people who like cars and also bikes so offensive? Oh gee I'm SO SORRY are we ruining your little Echo Chamber? FFS it's like /pol/ in here except for buses and trains and shit.
Some of us come in here because we like bikes as much as we like cars and trucks. Why should we have to be subjected to this unrealistic nonsense? Why can't you just chill out and nevermind the extremist divisive bullshit? It benefits no one and fatigues everyone.
>>
>>1330511
There is already a car board, stupid. >>>/o/
>>
>>1330508
But I like bikes, too, and I'm FAR from alone in that. Why should we have to put up with extremist, divisive hate-speech because we like our cars too? Do you really expect us to not fight back and call you out on your buillshit?
>>
>>1330512
>There is already a car board, stupid. >>>/o/
Why do you find people who like cars and also bikes so offensive? Oh gee I'm SO SORRY are we ruining your little Echo Chamber? FFS it's like /pol/ in here except for buses and trains and shit.
Some of us come in here because we like bikes as much as we like cars and trucks. Why should we have to be subjected to this unrealistic nonsense? Why can't you just chill out and nevermind the extremist divisive bullshit? It benefits no one and fatigues everyone.

Reposted since you either can't read or only see what you want to see.
>>
>>1330513
>>1330514
Oh so schizo now likes bikes as well eh? Ok well nobody is going to complain if you talk about bikes here. But keep the car bullshit on >>>/o/
>>
>>1330514
Nobody cares, scum. Car centric planning is objectively bad for both bikes and transit. Unironically kys. Cars don't have feelings, retard
>>
>>1330516
>Ok well nobody is going to complain if you talk about bikes here.
Except that if any one of us even MENTIONS anything about cars, it becomes "CAGER this and CAGE that and blah blah blah". Heaven *forbid* anyone talk about driving their bike 100 miles somewhere to go ride, or (shocking!!!) *racing bikes*, then you people *lose your shit* and start in with the flame-war against them.

>>1330520
>you have to be a PURIST or you're just SCUM and should DIE
You see how ridiculous some of you are?
You have no interest in logic or reason, you just want you ECHO CHAMBER, and everyone else be damned.
You're as bad as the White Nationalists flinging '''nigger''' this and '''spic''' that and '''kike''' the other, except it's '''cages'''.

Have it your way. You refuse to see reason, you prefer conflict over consensus, chaos over order. THE WAR CONTINUES.
>We have always been at war with Eastasia!
It will NEVER END, either.
There will ALWAYS be those of us who like and drive CARS as well as ride BIKES, and some here do that *and* ride buses and trains.
But you jackasses insist on RACIAL PURITY, and the Transportational Miulottos won't be tolerated at all by you, will they?
Fine. """Scortched Earth Policy""" for you, too, then.
>>
>>1330514
>it's like /pol/ in here
I wonder why? Maybe you should go back there.
>>
>>1330522
>wanting to run over people with your cage and destroy the planet is just like not wanting to be run over by a cager and save the planet
>>
>>1330522
>eco chamber
Well yeah, this isn't a political debate forum. Its a forum with a topic, and just like posting porn gets you banned you should get banned for making car threads, especially since a perfectly good car board exists on this very site. Theres nothing stopping you from making 10 threads a day on /o/ about how cars are the best thing humanity has ever experienced.
>>
>>1330525
That entire sentence doesn't even make sense, which, ironically, makes perfect sense for you fringe elements: you're NONSENSICAL.

You need to be medicated. And prevented from using the Internet. It clearly and objectively agitates you into irrationality.

Oh and by the way: rage all you want, faggots. You'll never be rid of us, we're never leaving /n/.
>>
>>1330530
>he can only see HIS SIDE of things!
That's what's wrong with (You).
>OMFGWTFBBQ they drive cars as well as ride bikes, buses, and trains!? OH NO NO NO that can't be allowed everyone on my /n/ must be PURE!
lolwut
>>
>>1330532
>we
Schizo confirmed. Get help for your own sake, maybe commit yourself even.
>>
>>1330530
I drive my CAR to places I like to go to ride my BIKE, and sometimes that's somewhere I'm going to RACE my BIKE, which isn't TRANSPORTATION by BIKE
>/n/ fringies lose their shit over this
>>
>>1330533
>building anything besides mcmansions and freeways is oppression and means we want to ban car ownership
Pls stop
>>
>>1330534
>the mentally unbalanced person can't comprehend the thoughts of someone who is considered by society-at-large to be mentally balanced
Wow who saw that coming?

Do you even have a job? A real life? Live by yourself? I bet you don't.
>>
>>1330536
>talk about cars and bikes and bike racing and bike rides
>brings up houses and highways and """oppression"""
You're living in a fantasy world in your own head and aren't even seeing the real world.
Do you hear voices telling you to do things?
>>
>>1330536
>we want to ban car ownership
This but unironically
>>
>>1321892
so you are doing things because someone else does it too.. its as npc as it can be
>>
>>1330543
Post recent paycheck stub with timestamp to prove you're a productive member of society and not just some troll kid in your parents house or mentally unstable fringie living in a group home because you don't seem to be living in reality.
>>
>>1330545
>dox yourself to appeal to my autism
>>
>>1330544
>nonsensical troll comment
>>
>>1330545
You first :) feel free to post your paystub since you're so obsessed with no being poor
>>
>>1330546
Feel free to use mspaint to cover your personally-identifiable information, including company name and address.
But I don't think you even have a real job, or live on your own, or perhaps are even at least 18 years old. I think you're either some troll kid posting from your parents house in suburbia (and will take a car ride to Mothers Day lunch soon, LOL) or are living in some managed group home with a bunch of other mentally challenged people. Prove me wrong, if you can.
>>
>>1330551
Sounds like projection from your own miserable, probably underaged life. No well adjusted person would care to troll a niche board this much
>>
>>1330552
>says the faggots who post troll threads on their own board every goddamned day
shit where you eat much?
>>
>>1330556
Nobody likes you here
>>
File: 0512191321-00.jpg (506 KB, 1280x960)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
>>1330552
>underage
yeah sure I got this sitting in my driveway of the house I rent and live in by myself and I'm underage, LOL sure whatever you want to believe

>>1330558
No, (You) don't like me because I'm arguing with you and calling you out on your bullshit, and you're completely losing it over that.
>but you're getting angry too I just know you are!
Nope. If anything I pity you.
>>
>>1324852
its the phoneposters that are the majority of these sites now. they cant read long things on those tiny screens. instead of few lines of plaint text they now watch a hour long youtube video to get the same information that you could read in few minutes.
>>
>>1330561
I don't believe thats your car, post a pic of yourself next to it
>>
>>1330565
>post a pic of yourself next to it
I LOL'd for a good 10 seconds or so over that. xD

Sure thing Anon I'll just pop into the Clone-O-Matic 3000 I ordered off of Amazon last week and have my close snap the pic for you. xD
>>
>>1330562
"Somebody dislikes cars":
Fringeposter:Caps lock essay with alot of ******s
>>
>>1330562
>its the phoneposters that are the majority of these sites now.
I think you're on to something there, hadn't considered that, and it would explain all the apparently Underage B& who post their nonsense on here. Their parents make them carry a smartphone, and that's the majority of their access to the Internet, and since they can be literally anywhere, their parents aren't able to monitor what sites they're accessing. Would explain a lot.
>>
Well enough of this already. Like arguing with Flat Earthers, Anti-vaxxers, Vegans, and Fundamentalist Christians, there's no reasoning with you Fringies that infest /n/ with your phoneposting nonsense, and I need to get on with my day. Be sure to enjoy your Echo Chamber of outlier opinions. xD
>>
Cars
>>
File: 0512191355-00.jpg (220 KB, 1280x960)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>this confuses the Fri/n/gie
>b-b-but you have to be one or the other!
>y-y-you can't be both!
>*fri/n/gie brain vapor-locks over the conflict*
>>
The cager ITT is currently advocating for race war and ethnic cleansing in the infrastructure thread. On both sides, right?
>>
>>1330585
90% of the people I ride with also race, and you are the first person I've ever seen put that sticker on your car.
>>
>>1330596
Hes a schizo opportunist. Itt he wont stop calling people /pol/ and talking about white supremacists. I dont think he cares about anything, but just was a massive, weird car fetish.
>>
>>1330566
>what is a selfie
>>
>>1319234

based orderless gasses
>>
>>1330596
>>1330604
You ridiculous phoneposters need to either put the smartphones down and read 4chan on a real computer, or bother yourselves to ACTUALLY READ PEOPLES' COMMENTS. Or is your read comprehension that poor?
>thinks anyone is advocating for ""'race wars""" over public transit freaks
No wonder nobody IRL likes you.
>>
>>1330614
>what is 'posting your face on 4chan'
>what is "hell, no!"
>>
>>1330601
Eh, I figured, "why not?", they send it to me for free when I renew my license. Might help raise awareness about cycling or something, I dunno.
>>
scanf("%s",&v);
if (strcmp(v , "car")==0)
while (1)
printf("FRINGIE\n");
else
while(1)
printf("we are unique, cars make us unique\n");
>>
>>1330691
As the most vocal racer on this board you do a terrible job promoting the sport dickhead.
>>
>>1324852
Are you a tone-deaf conservative?
>>
File: 1536828248066.jpg (11 KB, 239x249)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1320229
>Cars take an enormous toll on NPCs' finances

Fixed!
>>
>>1331238
NPCs use Windows, so don't forget to make all those \n be \n\r.
>>
Cagecuck suburban NPCs :
>Only poor people live in the cities, that's why I live in the suburbs!
Also cagecuck suburban NPCs :
>The cities are too expensive, gentrified and full of dumb rich millennials, that's why I live in the suburbs!
Someone call the devs, the NPCs are malfunctioning again.
>>
>>1331245
Shut up faggot
>>1331247
Says the namefag/tripfag
KYS
>>
>>1331380
Guess what?
We all know you own a car, or your parents own a car and they drive you around.
You are not a 'public transit' rider, you are a troll.
Shoo, troll, shoo shoo.
>>
>>1331380
Oh, and by the way?
You and people like you will always be bottom-of-the-barrel so far as society is concerned.
You reject what society offers you, you alienate everyone else around you with your wierd choices, unpopular opinions, incomprehensible attitudes, and overall disdain for what the majority considers 'normal'.
You'll never have a happy life because your own attitudes make you continually miserable and angry with the world because it doesn't fit into 'your' expectations of that, and your misery and anger shows through, coloring everything you do and say, which is about as off-putting to people around you as if you smelled like a dumpster.
You'll be denied opportunties to advance your life through good jobs. Worthwhile women will avoid you. You'll end up a bitter old man, living alone, angry at the world.
>LOL you're just projecting, all that is (You), you boomer you!
Yeah sure that's what someone like you would believe, rather than taking a hard look at yourself.
Meanwhile I've got a real job, real friends, and a real life, and I *enjoy* my life, and all that our civilzation has to offer.

This place is *toxic*, and some of you people in it are *toxic* as well.
Who I feel sorry for the most are the bystanders of 4chan, who aren't toxic themselves, but get subjected to the toxicity of some of you. I've seen it change them, especially in places like /fit/, where there are young guys, trying to figure out their place in the world, gullible and naive, getting influenced by trolls, misanthropes, and board tourists from /pol/. Some find their way out of that maze, some don't.

Some of you will *never change*. You won't change me, however. I'll continue to have an overall happy, productive life, pursuing the things I enjoy, and nothing some of you have said here changes anything. Some of you, on the other hand *are stuck here*, both metaphorically and literally. You'll never move on in life, you'll stay in this Echo Chamber. Sad, sad, sad.
>>
>>1331438
I'm not joking. Maybe calling you a dickhead was a little rude, but it's hardly an insult compared to what your posts usually contain. Wanna know something? I only started racing because of guys I met from this board. If you were the only one around that time I would have never thought pinning on numbers sounded like a good time.
>>
>>1331458
Sȫy
>>
File: Soyus Maximus.jpg (30 KB, 400x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1331458
>>
>>1331458
Is this a new pasta?
>>
File: 1541604667929.jpg (241 KB, 1653x1023)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>1331458
is this still a angry cager?
>>
File: images (12).jpg (40 KB, 520x590)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1331440
>>1331458
Imagine actually typing out this shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.