[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: XBfTgRj.jpg (635 KB, 1200x1200)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
How do I get my chubby-turning-fat girlfriend on a bike? She's a sassy Hispanic Guatamalan who doesnt like being told what to do and hates exercise. Someone send me a miracle
>>
>>1314878
Don't do it. Girlfriends and cycling do not mix. They want to talk about their FEELINGS the whole time and if you're not constantly acknowledging them and validating them and riding side by side and causing a hazard, it's emotional terrorism and you'll have to stop after 5 minutes and have a crisis meltdown prevention session, then you'll return home and watch a movie instead.
>>
>>1314883
This. If you wanted a cycling gf you should have gotten one from the start.
>>
>>1314878
>hispanic

There's no hope
>>
>>1314878
you dare defy the Architect?
>>
>>1314892
Pierce Brosnan is very handsome. If I looked like that I'd be having sex with 18 year olds every single day and literally nobody could do anything about it because I wouldn't care if they talked to the press, I would be completely open about it.
>>
>>1314878
I would only suggest it mildly and then leave it at that. I’ve tried to convert too many past gf’s which in hindsight was foolish and immature. If cycling is that make-or-break for you, find a new gf, or just accept that you and your partner don’t need to have all the exact same hobbies.

Also, be careful what you wish for. Once you get a gf that does cycle, good luck explaining to her that you don’t want to ride with her sometimes. Some women are understanding of this, most will not be.
>>
>>1314878
lol
>>
File: pedicab.jpg (130 KB, 970x545)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
You may need to leave a trail of mexican sweet breads to get her in the back.
>>
File: 0892.jpg (138 KB, 609x729)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>1314878
The ideal gf is one that doesn't care about how much time you spend training, if you wake up at 4am to go training, if you spend all of your money on bikes, if you spend all weekend with other dudes on bikes, and is always there when you come home. There's only one option.
>>
File: 1523542987036.jpg (64 KB, 913x1024)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>trying to prevent a guatemalen girl from going goblina after the transformation has begun
>>
File: 1554436390211.gif (1.47 MB, 382x308)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>tfw go from permavirgin to engaged
>Get into cycling to lose weight for wedding
>It works
>Get way too fucking into cycling bc it feels great and also this board and also working on/building bikes is fun
>Wife is now jealous of bike
>Acts like I'm cheating when it's just a fucking bike or 4
Just fuck my shit up fampai
>>
>>1314947
This is actually the closest hope you have to turning her into cycle GF. Ride enough that she becomes jealous about the time your spending with the bike instead of her, then invite her to ride with you. Probably won't work but likely best shot.
>>
>>1314976
I made the mistake of going out for a long ride today ("nice" days are the worst) and I got stuck behind a couple doing what you described. The guy was on a nice crabin bike and fully decked out in his rapha, the GF was on an entry level alu frame, with platform pedals. He was following close behind and they were going probably 11mph. He was doing a great job of concealing his suffering.
>>
>>1314947
I've had chicks get jelly and mad because I was enjoying a meal too much. Had one throw a tantrum in a restaurant because she was jealous of how much I was enjoying a fucking plate of tagliatelle with bolognese sauce.
>>
>>1314981
You forgot to toss her salad.
>>
>>1315019
She was japanese so I fukken loved eating her puss. They keep it clean down there.
>>
Open up that thread that is always on /n/ with pictures of cycling girls and look through the pictures *nonchalantly* making sure that she sees what you're doing. When she notices and gets pissed, just say "oh sorry I was just scrolling through". Also, whenever you pass a girl on a bike make sure to obviously stare. Hopefully this will subconsciously prime her to get into cycling. It might also make her break up with you. Win-win.
>>
Get her a bike with a basket. Bitches love baskets. Especially if they can use it to carry picnic goods.

Girls are so gay
>>
>>1314892
This, you do NOT want the wrath of Pierce!
>>
>>1314878
Here's your two-step plan to fix your problem:
>1. Dump girlfriend
>2. Get new, non-hamplanet, non-lazy, pro-cycling girlfriend
There, was that so hard?
>>
>>1314878
have a conversation about being fit with her. tell her that it is important for you that you both stay in shape. that is a perfectly allright thing to tell her.

t. Bicycle roastie
>>
>>1315079
Could you break down point 2 for me? I couldn't find any tutorial online, even on Sheldon Brown's page.
>>
File: its time.png (751 KB, 565x510)
751 KB
751 KB PNG
>>1315249
I think it's the same as the unwritten predicate to the first point, except you having better standards. But that's just my guess because I dunno how to get to zero.
>>
>>1314878
>Guatamalan
You fucked up
>>
>>1314878
You can't change a person, you'll have to show her what you like in biking and hope she enjoy the ride together with you.
>>
Get her on a train instead.
>>
>>1314878

Get another GF
>>
>>1315249
Sarcasm ignored.
>expecting other people to change/adapt to what *you* want them to be
That's adolescent thinking and that's not how the world works.
You don't like how she conducts her life? All you can do is express your opinion about it in non-threatening, non-judgemental terms, and see what happens. Nothing lasts forever. You either accept another human beings' decisions as they pertain to themselves, or you don't and move on. If she prefers to be a hamplanet and you don't like that, then you leave her and find someone you '''approve''' of. You can make the argument of """I'm trying to help her be healthier""" or whatever but that doesn't fly, it's her *personal decision*, and if you don't like that then tough shit.
Consider this: how would you like it if she started badgering *you* to stop biking and sell your bike(s), spend more time with her instead? You wouldn't like that at all would you? You wouldn't like someone trying to dictate to you how you can live your life, it wouldn't be fair. How can you do that to someone else?
Stop treating your alleged 'girlfriend' like an unanimate object or a 'pet'. That's basically what you're doing.
>>
An electric bike.
>>
File: it's cycling time.jpg (38 KB, 356x438)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1314896
It sounds more like it's more about her health than about the actual cycling, but I could be wrong. Either way, there's no way of forcing her to get any exercise at all.

>>1314878
>I would only suggest it mildly and then leave it at that.

Pretty much all you can do. Either that or bounce.
>>
File: Please Kill Me.jpg (49 KB, 600x600)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1314878
>sassy Hispanic Guatemalan
so much redundant redundancy
>>
>>1315504
sperg more
>>
>>1315064
wrong hole buddy
>>
>>1315633
>being a nostril licker
gross

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.