[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: Heisei Station.jpg (309 KB, 1500x1000)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
Last Thread of Heisei Era Edition

Old Thread: >>1270368
>>
File: D3CkPxoVAAAUOMw.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>1310469
First for Reiwa-era
>>
what are the best y2k or 2000s japanese train designs?
>>
>>1310655
Without a doubt pic related. It's literally peak early 2000s design.
>>
>>1310469
>Showa Taxi
>>
>>1310469
>>1310844
>Shouwa Taxi
>Heisei Station

Is there a Reiwa Spaceport?
>>
File: Woke Abe.png (408 KB, 429x509)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>1310849
R E I W A M O O N B A S E
>>
>>1310469
those bins look like a pair of lonely ghosts
>>
>>1310849

The only japanese spaceport/launchpad under construction currently is the one Canon is building in Wakayama-ken.
>>
2020 dia-change:
JR Central to have an all N700A fleet running on Tokaido Shinkansen topping 285km/h entirely.
>>
Ah it's the Fukuchiyama accident anniversary again
>>
>>1311284
Trying to catch up to the 350 km/h trains next door?
>>
>>1311284

By the end of this year this is what JR Central should have in terms of rolling stock for the N700 series

X Set - 80 (X0 aka the non-revenue service set has been officially removed from service)
G Set - 51

Considering that they will be building N700S sets starting next year (40 will be built by 2022) I wonder if they will retire some of the older N700 sets

>>1312122

They'll never catch up to any of the neighbouring countries in terms of operating speed since Tokaido Shinkansen has way too many tight curves for that to happen
>>
>>1312122
the piss-poor reliability of chinese built trains means they only really run one or two lines at that speed or else half the fleet would be out of service
>>
>>1312128
>Tokaido Shinkansen
>tight curves
Choose one.

Tighter than other HSR, absolutely, but not remotely near what usually would constitute a "tight curve".
Remember, radii can go down as long as the maximum speed goes down as well.
>>
>>1312122
Tell me when they are tilting.
Literally not an argument:
1. They aren't mindless drones trying to chase top speed pointlessly.
2. This is for Tokaido Shinkansen operation.
3. They are only trying to sell to overseas with N700S's 360km/h trial. The US and Taiwan aren't going to buy PRC HSR rolling stock.
>>
File: 01_l.jpg (37 KB, 240x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
When can train departure time information be connected to official apps and third party apps in real time?
>>
>>1312998
I know Japan loves their fax machines, but this is on another level.
>>
File: DSC_0072.jpg (47 KB, 681x367)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1310655
>>
>>1313211

>The other guy asks for something from the 2000s
>Posts something from the 1980s

So what's the point of using those chain link fences (?) to cover the windshield?
>>
>>1312998
You mean like Hyperdia? http://www.hyperdia.com
>>
>>1314996
Nah, it's mainly for displaying real time changes to train departure time due to delay and disruption, and especially when there are big incident that cause severe delays. Even if situation become worse enough for them to specially list the situation in official app and website, they usually won't have as much details as the display in the station. Not to mention in times when station staff simply choose to put a paper note on the display monitor. Would be nice of train companies online information can sync with whatever station staffs input into the departure time board and also make it allow free form input to conveniently display whatever information station staffs want it to display
>>
>>1314974
I think these are the Japanese trains being used in Indonesia or Malaysia, so the grating is probably to protect from rocks or vandalism or something.
>>
>>1315202
Didn't Ekikara have that?

It has apparently been discontinued last month, though.
>>
>>1315220
Are there instances of old Shinkansen sets being exported? I know certain older series were demoted to all-stops service after being replaced, but it seems all the old sets were simply broken up when no longer in use, perhaps out of national pride.
>>
>>1315583

Nope, Ekikara was more of an aggregate site of all the train stations' schedules in Japan but it doesn't take any real time changes into consideration

>>1315598

None of the old Shinkansen sets have ever been exported as far as I know, regardless of MUH PRIDE I don't think exporting those after all those years / mileage on them would be a good idea regardless
>>
>>1315614
>>1315598
There was an old Shinknsen 0 series train car being exported to Taiwan for checking construction clearance of the Taiwan HSR
I believe there was also one of them being acquired by a British museum.
>>
File: large-5cb81a81a61b5.jpg (232 KB, 964x726)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
JR Central press releases:

Tokaido Shinkansen rolling stock standardized top speed as N700A's 285km/h has enabled an increased Nozomi service frequency of 12tph, and all reaching a journey duration within 2.5h, reducing travel time.

N7000 360km/h trial runs:
Time: Mid- May to June nighttime
Vehicle type: 16M0T (enabled by standardized carriages/units)
>>
>>1310469

I find hankyu the classiest paint scheme of all.
>>
File: 1408639.jpg (170 KB, 938x649)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
MLIT launches Sagawa's mixed passenger-freight intermodal delivery service with JR Hokkaido's Soya Line local trains and Tenshio Hire's taxis, at Horonobe-cho from their Wakkanai hub.
>>
Osaka Metro World Exo modified medium term plans (2018-2025):
Pre-registered facial recognition gates and shops: 2019 trial starts. 2024 deployed to all stations, as part of a long term cardless and cashless goal (could include mobile device EMV in addition to national IC card)
Bus Level 3 automation: 2019 internal and on-road testing, 2020 operational in 4 bayshore and island routes, 2024 reaches 20 routes
Rail GoA 2.5 (driverless/attended (semi-)automatic train operation, attendant responsible for emergency stops in addition to closing doors) automation: 2024 Chuo Line Awaza -- Yumeshima trial
>>
>>1317155
>1時間あたり最大17本の運転が可能となる。
>17 tph
Is that the highest frequency among high speed railways in the world?
>>
>>1317838
>Using taxi for the last mile reach
lel
>>
>>1317931
Not just cardless and cashlesss but they also want to make it gateless in the future
I guess that will probably be similar to those traveler temperature detector at various border check facilities around the world?
>>
Mobile phone coverage within Seikan tunnel now enabled.
>>
>>1318089
I don't approve of all facial recognition for barrier-less gates. Surely mobile device NFC can enable open gate automatic fare collection, like far-field active RFID in open-road tolling.
>>
>>1318206

Can't run existing NFC with farfield easily due to tag density (every card/phone in field radius will respond, and separating is a major pain or impossible). There are reasons why only active tags are used for such places (active protocol control, negotiation, greater bandwidth).

But, if you retired the existing NFC card fleet, and assumed powered/active tags (so phone or those new NFC cards with the ginourmous capacitor in the center of the coil), maybe.

But it looks like the government wants active facial recognition, so there's no escape.
>>
>JR Hokkaido Mid-term operation plan to 2023
Can they survive till then?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.