[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: _105965796_et-avj1.jpg (19 KB, 660x371)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Initially Followed Boeing’s Required Emergency Steps to Disable 737 MAX System
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ethiopian-airlines-pilots-initially-followed-boeings-required-emergency-steps-to-disable-737-max-system-11554263276

>the software system kicked in as many as four times before the 737 MAX dived into the ground
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane-software/boeing-system-triggered-repeatedly-in-ethiopian-crash-sources-idUSKCN1RF0YU

It's even worse than everyone thought
>>
>disconnect power to the electrical trim systems via the console switches
>MCAS still activates
Is this what I am supposed to be reading?
>>
>Faulty 737 Sensor in Lion Air Crash Linked to U.S. Repairer
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-02/faulty-737-sensor-from-lion-air-crash-linked-to-u-s-repair-shop

RIP the entire American aviation industry.
>>
>>1308790
god i hate boeing boomers
>>
>>1308792
Yes, but that doesn't say wether:
a. MCAS somehow still works when power to the stab trim is cut (which should absolutely not be possible, whoever approved electrical schematics allowing that should be jailed).
b. Pilots turned electric trim back on because they couldn't trim the nose back up fast enough with the manual control wheel (which is much more plausible), not sure why they couldn't set proper trim and switch it back off before MCAS would have a chance to activate again (do MCAS orders take priority over trim switch orders?)
>>
>>1308790
>>Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Initially Followed Boeing’s Required Emergency Steps to Disable 737 MAX System

that sounds like something boeing would have said......
>>
>>1308812
Boomers ruined Boeing when they all became managers and executives.
>>
If it is Boeing - I'm not goeing.
Hell, even german french gay niggers had enough smarts to add a designated FAC switch.

I think you'd be safer flying Cessna 152 over Atlantic than on Boeing 737 MAX.
>>
>>1308790

LOL it's like literally one step. This sounds fake as Fuck, someone is trying to cover they ass.
>>
>>1309053
Agreed this is simply false. Looks like the Ethiopians are hopping on the media band wagon. To shift blame away from their incompetent pilots. Regardless of what exactly is wrong with the MAX. That plan would have landed safely if those pilots weren't pants on head retarded. All they had to do was set the trim to neutral then flip two switches.
>>
>>1308818

>Pilots turned electric trim back on because they couldn't trim the nose back up fast enough with the manual control wheel (which is much more plausible), not sure why they couldn't set proper trim and switch it back off before MCAS would have a chance to activate again (do MCAS orders take priority over trim switch orders?)

When MCAS kicks in the pilots are gonna try to counter the nose dive input by pulling up on the yoke, pushing the elevators up. When they cut the trim motor power as is the runaway trim procedure the stabilizer would already have some nose down trim. They'll then try to manually trim back to nose level, but the nose up forces on the elevators will push back of the stabilizer down, as in further to a nose down position, and against the pilots turning the trim wheel. Now it's already hard enough to manually turn the trim wheel with a dead motor, but with elevator loads pushing pushing the trim in the opposite direction it'll be all but impossible, especially in the 5 seconds they have before MCAS kicks in again.
>>
>>1309120
>>When MCAS kicks in the pilots are gonna try to counter the nose dive input by pulling up on the yoke

Pilot input to the stab trim overrides MCAS inputs.
>>
>>1309094
>To shift blame away from their incompetent pilots

you cant be serious but then again i have seen it all here..
the jackscrew was found to be on full pitch down position
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkmJ1U2M_Q

>Regardless of what exactly is wrong with the MAX. That plan would have landed safely
yes please tell us how they would have saved the plane while flying just 1.100 feet above the ground? you DONT HAVE TIME
>>
>>1309144

Yeah for 5 seconds or something like that, then it reapplies nose down trim. I'm not sure the exact details but the runaway trim memory item even says to hold the yoke and keep the plane level at first.
>>
what do you expected? amerimutts began flying with a slingshot
>>
this is now a boeing shitgeneering thread

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/04/jetstar-787-8-suffers-abnormal-engine-behaviour-enroute-to-osaka-atsb/
https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/04/singapore-airlines-removes-two-boeing-787-10s-from-service-due-to-engine-issues/

some 787s are having engine problems with both GEnx and Trent 1000s
>>
>>1309282
Well, those are engine problems. Not plane ...
>>
>>1308790
This plane should just cease production. It's not worth it anymore
>>
>>1309166
>Pilot input to the stab trim overrides MCAS inputs.
>Yeah for 5 seconds or something like that

Should be for as long as the yoke switch is held. If it's not that way now, it needs this revision. But this will need hardware changes, so Boeing will resist.
>>
>>1309282
today we learn some basics of aircraft manufacturing
>>
BOYCOTT THE 737 MAX
>>
File: 897987.png (111 KB, 1050x798)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
OH NO NO NO NO NO
>being exposed twice
>>
>>1309424
What? MCAS literally uses same contacts on trim control box (idk how this shit is called), as buttons on yoke?
That is a fucking joke.
>>
File: AYt27lX.png (48 KB, 784x500)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
pfft it's clearly nothing guys
>>
Good morrow to all my friends and fellow /n/ message board goers here at the Chan.

So it looks like it's about that time of year where it switches the weather, but everything is going well and according to established parameters right now. The patch testing right now for the software is moving along and looks to be passing with flying colors! It will be one of the best and most successful patches ever applied. Certification is expected within weeks.

Boeing is working extremely hard on eliminating all pilot error and reducing stress on the high workload environment that pilots are facing. In place will be the expected redundancies and backup systems and failsafes that everyone who flies on a Boeing airliner has basically come to expect.

https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2019-04-04-Boeing-CEO-Dennis-Muilenburg-Addresses-the-Ethiopian-Airlines-Flight-302-Preliminary-Report

>“When the MAX returns to the skies with the software changes to the MCAS function, it will be among the safest airplanes ever to fly”
>>
>>1309560
>Investors knowing jackshit
>>
>>1309560
The 797 is going to be unveiled and the 777X is going to get a ton of orders. Every cent Boeing goes down you've got three cents jumping at the chance to buy low before what should be a really good summer for them.
>>
>>1309322
not when similiar problem are present on both engines
>>
>>1309672
i highly doubt 777x gonna get a ton of orders...
>>
File: MAX_DEATH.png (703 KB, 648x753)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
'My heart is wrenching with grief as my stock options and bonus tank pls understand we own this pls fly DEATH PLANE I will fix. '
>>
>>1309672
Especially when the A350 basically BTFO 777X
>>
>>1309672
>The 797 is going to be unveiled
We thought it was going to be unveiled at the Farnborough Airshow last year. It wasn't.

Yes, the Paris Airshow is this year, but it's a smaller event, mostly as LeBourget is a much smaller airfield, and Paris is expensive, while Farnborough is at a remote airfield which used to be used for military aircraft testing.

Think of Farnborough as taking place on something which had a similar role to Edwards AFB, or China Lake, or White Sands. While Paris takes place on something like... uh....a disused LaGuardia.
>>
>>1309910

Farnborough airfield is literally in the centre of a town. That in itself is in the suburban sprawl of South East England. So not like that at all.
>>
the preliminary report is out
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/04/africa/ethiopian-airlines-full-preliminary-crash-report-intl/index.html

and holy fucking shit..look at those graphs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqDcUqJ5_Q
>>
>>1310035
Holy-o-fuck.
40° into the ground.
Uncontrollable in manual mode
This shit should be illegal.
>>
>>1309910
this is autism
>>
>>1309899
you do know the 777X-9 seats over 400 passengers right? and that despite the weight differences it gets comparable fuel economy due to the wings.

it's not even close which is better. Air Nz and Qantas are both buying it over the A350xwb, and if you want to put your finger on the pulse of the future of ulh aviation those are the two carries you are watching most closely.
>>
>>1310056
400 pax aren't needed. This is the thing.
>>
>>1310069
mate QF is basically filling 787-9's connecting London with PERTH. fucking PERTH.

Melbourne, Sydney...shit even Brisbane are all easily capable of filling 400 cap planes. Boeing is even looking at a 777X-10 due to ULH demand.

Airbus should be plenty pleased with the way the A320 has turned out but they are having their lunch eaten in widebodies.
>>
>>1310074
I'd not fly any Boeing for such distance. Flying over atlantic on 777 was painful enough.
A340, on the other hand, was 10/10 plane. A330 were fine too.
Also, you can 400 pax into A330.
>>
>>1310077
you represent an insignificant minority (less than 1% of 1%) who even cares what plane they are on. have you ever flown ULH? I have, 16.5 hours on a 787 in economy. It was fine.

>A330neo
doesn't have anywhere near range to do even LHR-PER, much less east coast Australia, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>1310079
If I was pissed off in short 13 hour flight, this would mean that I will become a fucking terrorist in 17 hour flight.
>you represent an insignificant minority (less than 1% of 1%) who even cares what plane they are on
I care, only if ticket price is the same (more-less). Like everyone else, actually.
>doesn't have anywhere near range to do even LHR-PER, much less east coast Australia, so it's a moot point.
Indeed.
>>
>>1310082
airlines have done research on this. people mostly don't even know the type of plane they are currently on, even with the fucking safety card right there. It's just not a consideration.
>>
>>1310085
I'm from thirdworld, so people care close attention to this, since 99.999% are afraid on 40 year old corroded aluminum buckets.
>>
>>1310056
>>1310074
They are going towards smaller planes. In their specific case they are changing out 747's and A380's. What do you think other airlines are doing? They are changing out larger A330/777 with smaller A350/787 or even A321LR!
>>
>>1310274
this has everything to do with ETOPS and very little to do with capacity.
>>
>>1310056
>>1310074
Air NZ already operates 777s so they have type commonality with the 777x so that's not surprising, but do you have a source on Qantas going with it over the A350?

You also have to remember that LHR-PER is full in part to connecting pax from the east coast and won't necessarily reflect the amount of capacity needed for a ULH route. Only ~50% pax originate in PER, and QF's 787-9 only seats 236 anyway. Their own specification for Project Sunrise only specifies 300+ seats, and even then the current models of 777x still have less range than the A350 atm.
>>
File: QF pax.png (696 KB, 789x990)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>1310282
Forgot handy diagram.
>>
>>1310282
Aren't stopovers pretty common enough though?
It's actually pretty interesting that a number of the airlines which have to do stopovers due to range limitations actually create profitable routes, as the stopover allows them to take on board paying customers on a popular route anyway.

Air NZ did this, I remember, but I'm not sure where to (I think it was Auckland to New York via Los Angeles). Qantas does this with their A380s from London to West Coast Australian cities, where the stopover is in Singapore (which enables Qantas to have passengers travelling from the UK to Singapore and vice-versa and from Singapore to Aus and vice-versa).
Ethiopian Airlines (rip) flies from Addis Ababa to New York JFK via Dublin Airport, and for the section between Dublin and New York, Ethiopian is allowed to take on paying passengers.
These sorts of routes turn, what would ordinarily be a niche route into a profitable one, even if the airline wouldn't normally be the one thought of flying such a route.
>>
>>1310339
Generally 5th freedom flights like you describe are rather common, but in this context specific to Qantas, their future fleet expansion is based around the capability to fly Australia-UK non-stop. Otherwise, stopovers allow airlines to fill larger aircraft, but direct flights lean towards midsize planes like the A330neo and 787.
>>
>>1310275
they go hand in hand

high ETOPS on a plane with smaller capacity -> now we can chose that plane and get better fuel economy on X route where we were forced to use a larger plane before

or

we can setup direct flights with smaller planes instead of going through hubs

A350 has a higher ETOPS than 787
>>
>>1310282
hangars are being built to the spec of 777X for both
>>
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boeing-shareholders-file-class-action-lawsuit-over-737-max-plane-n992796

and so it starts the greatest shitstorm
>>
>>1312278
B*eing is finished and bankrupt
>>
>>1309605
90 shekels have been deposited in your boeing Amex card
>>
>>1312278
>B*eing is still making 42 MAX k/d ratio planes a month
>>
>>1313319
Well they now claim that they have the software update ready, they have done about 90 test flights and estimate is that FAA and EASA will declare MAX Casualties airworthy in three months or so.

Stopping or even slowing down production line could cost 'em a lot in medium to long term.
>>
>>1308790
>yikes
>>
>>1313476
Boeing’s stock price went up after the announcement,
>>
>>1314535
It will tank again when China decides to fuck with Boeing and demand complete recertification or risk cancellation of all Chinese orders to gain advantage in trade renegotiations started by Trump.
>>
more 737 crash 8 news

>Boeing Co. said in a legal document that large, upgraded 737s “cannot be used at what are referred to as ‘high/hot’ airports."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-11/boeing-has-called-737-max-8-not-suitable-for-certain-airports

tldr, the max 8/9/10 is unsuitable for certain airports because Boeing wanted to preserve market share for the max 7
>>
YouTube Vox Assplains it - https://youtu.be/H2tuKiiznsY
>>
>>1313508
I've encountered all those words used seriously on reddit.
>>
File: 1555861570745.png (12 KB, 420x420)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>1314564
"A Boeing spokesman said that Addis Ababa can handle large airplanes because it has long runways."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoNOVlxJmow&t=1014s
Looks like trimming (even NG) is impossible without doing some weird zero-g shit...

How fast does MCAS push the nose down?
>>
>>1319678
Anyway, how can I get a 737 at home?
>>
>>1319682
Depends on your budget. About 40k US for this full replica. People on have made decent setups for much less though since you can buy 737 replica individual panels, switches, knobs, etc from bunch of different companies and just build your own frame for panels with some wood.

https://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/complete-b737-cockpit-p-583.html?cPath=86_43
>>
>>1319887
Okay.
How much does old 737-100 or 200 cost? I need only cockpit.
>>
>>1319897
That's something you would have to custom build given the analog gauges so who knows.
>>
>>1319903
Sure.
I meant I need written off airplane.
>>
>>1320018
Check ebay, there a few places that sell the chopped off cockpit section. Heres one for 18k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOEING-737-COCKPIT-CUT-FLIGHT-SIMULATOR-FLIGHT-DECK-throttle-overhead-avionics/273787411212?hash=item3fbf005b0c:g:2aoAAOSw8TpcoTiB
>>
>>1320176
18k?
I think I can get entire plane for that. Sure, it won't fly, but yeah.
>>
>>1320200
Entire plane is bit harder and more expensive to move around. Just getting the plane cut up will cost money. My blunt guess is that scrap metal value of 737 airframe is somewhere around 30k once everything valuable have been stripped off.
>>
>>1320247
I think I can sell entire plane with serious profit. There are a lot of autistic that would by seats, light fixtures, blinds, windows, and maybe some flight control actuators.
>y blunt guess is that scrap metal value of 737 airframe is somewhere around 30k once everything valuable have been stripped off.
I won't be so optimistic. It would be around 15k. I don't think they strip anything.
>>
>>1320344
Attach a dildo to a linear actuator.
I bet there's someone out there who would pay big money to get fucked by a plane.
>>
Funny not,
>>
>pajeet code
>>
>>1325755
This.
>// Reyansh Pater
>int pooMCAS(float needfulAoASENSOR){
> if (needfulAoASENSOR>AoALimit){
> plane.autotrim.trim(down);
> }}
>>
Bullshit OP

Plane was brought down with an explosive and was seen in flames and on fire in the air

>>>https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane-witnesses/ethiopian-plane-smoked-and-shuddered-before-deadly-plunge-idUSKBN1QS1LJ

The Cipher from the death of Aerospace Engineering Student Alessio Vinci was the key to finding the ciphers that were used to plan the terrorist act

ETP is short for Ethiopia
>>
Another 737 just crashed in Florida and it killed 4 doggos
>>
>>1326246
reminder that basically whenever a plane crashes, witnesses say it went down in flames

not to say that it isn't true here, but eyewitnesses can be very unreliable
>>
>>1310074
Many passengers on the Perth flight was connecting passengers. If there were that much air travel demand around the world then we should have been seeing many more A380 and 747-8.
>>1309672
>>1309910
The 797 will not be revealed at the Paris Airshow this year because of 737 Max's problems
>>
>>1310056
>you do know the 777X-9 seats over 400 passengers right?
YOU do know the A350-900 seats over 400 passengers right?
>>
>>1315863
stay there
>>
>>1309605
I work in avionics testing and you shouldn’t say anything passes until testing is complete and it’s passing. You’re gonna set yourself up
>>
Flying on amerishit plane, not even once
>>
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48174797
>>
For the first time I'm beginning to feel like Boeing is going to abandon the MAX program and come out with a fresh jet to fill its spot.
>>
when MCAS kicks in
>>
>>1327974
MCAS kicked in yo
>>
>>1326725
Boeing dives by itself.
Airbus banks by itself.
Sukhoi is literally Ford Pinto, but with wings.

No good planes. Only shit.
>>
>>1327990
Boeing computers take control from the pilot and crash
Airbus pilots take control from the computer and crash
Sukhoi pilots never had control and crash
>>
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/08/congress-calls-officials-to-testify-on-737-max-crashes-except-boeing.html
>>
>>1328020
Sukhoi is more like airbus, it has side dick and fly by wire...
>>
>>1326246
in science eye witness is the lowest form of evidence someone can bring on the table

in the court eye witness is one of the highest form of evidence
>>
>>1328655
Best description I've seen yet of the Airbus setup...lel
>>
>>1329869
I afraid I will call them sidedicks even after getting ATPL and A3x0 type rating.
>>
>>1329878
lol just imagine letting that slip with a woman in the cockpit!
>>
>>1329893
Mile high club?
>>
imagine accidentally pressing ATC radio button... Or even worse, imagine crash investigation listening to cvr
>>
>>1329902
I imagine that's one aspiration ATP pilots have.
>>
>>1329928
Long-haul aircrafts even have designated area for this.
>>
>>1329931
Sauce?
>>
>>1329942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidmTzFBEf4
>>
File: images (5).jpg (8 KB, 260x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1330139
>>
>>1330141
>>
Imagine fucking so hard, that trim wheel goes up and down, up and down.
>>
>>1330139
>>1330141
>>1330143
Lad, the crewmembers aren't shagging in the crew rest areas.
>>
>>1330153
They do. Otherwise I can't explain noses that was coming from above during 13 hour flight.
>>
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-altered-key-switches-in-737-max-cockpit-limiting-ability-to-shut-off-mcas/
>>
>>1330242
So, what stopped them from doing it starting from day one?
What else did they added?
>>
>>1330159
>tfw you will never have a romp in the crew rest area somewhere over the open ocean
>>
>>1326279
>>1329791

Learn To Code

ETP is both known as an abbreviation for Ethiopia and as "Equal Time Point" to a pilot..... and the other factor was that he was an Aerospace Engineering Student that was told to meet someone in Paris where he was murdered the next day

If it's nothing then why did the Ethiopian Airlines get a call along side the Caribiniere in his hometown?

Why did Pompeo just deny the Visas for the International Court Investigators that were along side the French Air Investigators in the investigations of the MH370?

Because they are all tied into the same affair.

Search FB for /ProjectArchiteuthis and you will see that there is an entire series of air accidents that are being plotted out and these ciphers are the key to this affair.

Look at the Pedo Bear in this pic where he was killed and the names of the locations....tell me that this is coincidence....I need a good laugh
>>
>>1330144
>>
sucks that any kind of fix to these planes always requires hundreds deaths. its like they dont have any proper testing system for these so they test on real people but of course thats cheaper than actually paying people to do such work so thats what they do
>>
>>1330159
Details, lad.
>>
>>1331613
I tried to sleep, but I ruined their sex by pressing button, which made zipper noises and I got my glass of water.
>>
>>1331638
Was it rough sounding?
>>
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48281282

American Airlines pilots confronted Boeing about potential safety issues in its 737 Max planes in a meeting last November, US media are reporting.
They urged swift action after the first deadly 737 Max crash off Indonesia in October, according to audio obtained by CBS and the New York Times.
Boeing reportedly resisted their calls but promised a software fix.
>>
good job, now nobody will buy Boeing planes until this issue is resolved
>>
THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PILOTS BOINKING FLIGHT ATTENDANTS
>>
>>1331914
I've touched myself on an airplane AMA
>>
>>1331788
There is sizable portion of airline pilots in the USA who cry wolf at literally everything. If the manufacturers or regulators listened to them everything would be grounded.
>>
File: 1557951742242.jpg (53 KB, 1024x683)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>1332006
>>1331914
Reddit is more your speed.
>>
File: bogquickrundown.gif (1.18 MB, 380x380)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB GIF
>>1332037
NEVER HEARD OF IT, PERHAPS YOU CAN GIVE ME A QUICK RUN DOWN
>>
>>1330915
You think this aircraft wasn't tested? An aircraft that represented tens, if not hundreds, of BILLIONS in revenue?

You're retarded. Of course they tested it, they tested it extremely thoroughly. This happening is not evidence of some systemic issue with Boeing or the FAA trying to rush out an aircraft they know is dangerous.

The problem here is Boeing let customers dictate what the product line would like. Instead of Boeing telling Southwest and Ryanair to accept the 737 replacement or go to Airbus they caved like wimps and came out with another new edition of an airframe that is obsolete. And here we are now with Southwest thinking about rolling their whole fleet to CSeries, just shows you how weak that customer commitment Boeing valued so much really was.
>>
>>1331656
Well, difficult to say. Engines are god damn noisy. I'd say normal.
>>1331816
Absolutely sure. I jerk of in toilets in planes, not in seat. Feels good, especially when you sit near toilets and have VIP non-written right to go anytime you want thanks to a line being near you any time.
>>1331914
There is no guarantee there was a pilot. It might have been steward.
>>
File: Reddit.jpg (1.79 MB, 2368x3200)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>1332041
Here is your quick run down.
>>
>>1332065
Is that what you drink everyday? Lol fucking faggot.
>>
>>1332070
Nah, I received this pic from you.
>>
>>1332075
Not on 4chan you didn't, George Michael.
>>
>>1332082
I'm sorry you have to project so hard on here. I can't imagine how hard you cope IRL.
>>
>>1332086
I'm sorry too anon, it's okay to like sȍy lattes that's why reddit is there for you.
>>
File: ballsplayingdad.jpg (39 KB, 609x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1332088
>projecting this hard
No hope for you, lass.
>>
>>1332037
Lol get a load of this horse fellator
>>
>>1332317
I'm sorry you have to project so hard on here. I can't imagine how hard you cope IRL.
>>
File: baller_ass_ski_mobile.jpg (67 KB, 700x459)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1332320
Like dis?
>>
>>1332065
t. low-t poster

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.