[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I've just started cycling and I keep noticing the faggoty clothing that cyclists usually wear. Why do they wear such gimpy outfits?
>>
Because it's comfortable
>>
>>1302417
The advantage of physical comfort is limited by the fact that you look like a homo.
>>
File: 362150451_948eeb4307_b.jpg (271 KB, 1024x949)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
the aero difference is also significant
I reckon you gain like 1 or 2 free gears for the same effort, at speed on the flat, compared to shorts and a t-shit
>>
>>1302418
you're already a faggot
>>
File: Fagor.jpg (84 KB, 380x497)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>1302418
Have you tried not letting the opinions of others limit what you can wear or do?
>>
>>1302418
Maybe you should grow up first.
>>
File: 1540157826729.jpg (34 KB, 326x294)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Oh look, another cope thread by a fat, ugly contrarian OP who thinks he looks masculine riding his road bike in baggy clothes. Here's the thing: you look like a complete moron riding a lightweight road bike in regular clothes.

I'm guessing you probably go to the swimming pool in cargo shorts and a tank top. If you had ever even considered training or riding for competition, or hell even ridden a decent length club run you would already know the answer to your question
>>
>>1302441
Calm down Anon. OP said he just started cycling. I'm sure most of us thought other cyclists were just tryhards before discovering the wonders of cycling-specific clothing.
>>
>>1302410
because >>1302421

I wouldn't personally be caught dead in full kit but there is no denying the benefits of how aero it is. If you were better, you'd realize how big a deal aerodynamics are on a bike.
>>
File: Untitled.png (316 KB, 733x748)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>1302441
>look like a complete moron riding a lightweight road bike in regular clothes.
Whoa there, some of us are riding to places where we'll get off the bike for a while and some of us are a little over weight or just feel exposed with how big our manhood is as it's printing on the spandex.

>>1302410
Op, Aero is huge. I don't want to wear that outfit either but I still have cycling specific clothing that I wear.
>relatively tight fitting polo top with specifically tighter fitting sleeves and neck.
>cycling shorts under regular shorts
>regular shorts are high thread count synthetic with fairly tight and rigid leg cuffs.
You won't feel so exposed or like such a spectacle, especially if you are riding to a coffee shop, museum or library or something and but the aero isn't nearly as terrible as what I see a lot of normies in.
>pic related
It's not where even remotely close to full spandex and all respect to people who are comfortable going around in full cycling gear.
>>
>>1302410
>faggoty
>>1302418
>look like a homo.

lol imagine still thinking like this out of primary school
>>
File: MarkCavendish--d.jpg (41 KB, 668x401)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1302410
>I've just started cycling
So you admit you know nothing, then?
>faggoty clothing that cyclists usually wear
Yeah, nyah, I'm sure Mark Cavendish's wife, who is smoking hot, really thinks he's a faggot.
Meanwhile you're just a baitposter on a Japanese imageboard who can't even get a 3/10 girlfriend let alone a hot wife.
I think the so-called 'faggy clothing wearing cyclists' know what's what, and you're just a shitposting Underage B& who is still too young to realize that your insecurities and susceptibility to the opinions of the kids in your neighborhood really don't make any sense. Please, grow up faster, k?
>>
>>1302483
If you have a wife like that then why do you feel offended enough to make a seething response?
>>
>>1302489
>seething response
Have you been sheltered your entire life and no one has ever said anything even remotely resembling 'directness'? I'm being *direct*, not 'beating around the bush' with an OP that's clearly off-base. If you think I'm 'offended' then you're misinterpreting things.
>>
>>1302499
ok whatever goober
>>
>>1302500
0/10
>>
>>1302410
Aero. I once did an experiment showing that 86%+ of the dissipative force when cycling is from air resistance. Gotta go fast and all.
>>
>>1302593
That number is bullshit. That depends on so many factors that putting a number on it is simplified to the point of being plain wrong.
For typical road bike speeds and equipment, it's in the right ballpark though.
>>
>>1302604
>I'm smarter than everyone else and your opinions should be filtered through my approval.
No you're not and no they shouldn't.
>>
>>
File: cavenfail.jpg (120 KB, 1000x667)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>1302483
cavendish is a crybabby loser
>>
>>1302418

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
i bought my first kit just to have something to change in and out of and not smell up my workplace
it's unironically comfy, and surprisingly warm.
>>
>>1302981
>not smell up my workplace
Ever heard of deodorant?
>>
>>1302418
this always activates my almonds because what self-respecting "homo" would wear such unstylish clothing tbqhfampai
>>
>>1302418
Small cock detector is at 11

Afraid of lycra exposing him
>>
>>1302418
Have you tried being gay
>>
>>1302410
BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC BMC
>>
Poor as fuck but love riding my bike

Most of my clothes are multi-use and that also includes for biking

Biked about 30 miles today wearing a sweatshirt and jeans
>>
>>1303395
You'll never win the tour de france wearing that.
>>
because aero, OP is a fag
>>
>>1303008
yea, i use that on my armpits.
>>
>>1303008
You do NOT put deodorant or antiperspirant on your crotch, EVER, and especially not when you're going to be wearing cycling shorts, not unless you want some of the worst infected saddle sores imagineable.
>>
>>1302417
ive never understood this, I rode my university and back everyday my first year (12 miles one way) in jeans, t-shirt, and 20 lbs on my back. It took a bit of adjusting at first with rashes the first couple weeks but after that I never noticed it. It's extremely gay to wear these clothes
>>
>>1306408
a whopping 12 miles? wow you must be the fittest man alive. holy shit. /n/ rides HARD
>>
>>1302410
Don't let all the poseurs try to tell you that it's for comfort or speed. I've gone on countless >50km rides in jeans, a tshirt and normal shoes without being bothered by comfort, and the speed increases are only relevant to someone who's trying to shave off milliseconds for actual training.

The real reason is simple. It makes them feel important. They're LARPers. That's why their gear is always covered in giant logos of companies that don't actually sponsor them.
>>
>>1302441
i'd rather look like a moron, than a faggot like you.
>>
>>1302441
The only people who would think I look like a moron for wearing regular clothes while riding my bike are tryhard wannabes like you. Not going to lose sleep over it.
>>
File: 12415.png (14 KB, 367x77)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1306427
raging faggot that wears the gay ass bike gear. Show me a pic of your legs then tough guy.

Also it wasnt so much the distance that made it difficult
>>
>>1306440
The lighting in this one isn’t that great
>>
>>1306440
Maybe this is better
>>
File: faggot.jpg (31 KB, 608x448)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1306450
>>1306451
>>
File: areo power v velocity.gif (37 KB, 530x345)
37 KB
37 KB GIF
>I've just started cycling and I keep noticing the faggoty clothing that cyclists usually wear. Why do they wear such gimpy outfits?

Because it's functional. Loose things flapping around is a safety hazard. Bright colors improve visibility. The pants are designed to minimize chafing, and put the right amount of padding in the right places. If you're just going for an hours worth of leisurely cruise down the multi use path, and feel fine, you shouldn't feel a need to change.

Quite a few full kit riders are representing their teams for when they race.

If you feel too self conscious to wear what the performance race riders are wearing, they also sell lower profile clothes, for example, the pants and shoes popular with mountain bikers, or even padded underwear. Rapha has an entire line of clothes designed to not look out of place off the bike.

>>1306408
That you put up with a couple of WEEKS of rashes for such a short ride without thinking that there's a problem, or easy improvements to be had is astounding.. Didn't you consider any form of portage?

>>1302612
>>1302604
>>1302593
Aero is huge, especially for anyone going faster than a girl with a beach cruiser with a dog in her basket speeds. You can also estimate about how fast anon is on his ride.

>>1306429
I believe that it only makes milliseconds to you. But that says more about your speed and power than anything else. And personal comfort is personal. If you can enjoy 50 mile rides in jeans, that's fine for you, but an armored carpace of a crotch like have is exceedingly rare.
>>
>>1306452
the opinions of leglets do not concern me
>>
>>1306451
Your shaving routine needs work imo
>>
>>1306455
That was a few weeks after my last race last summer. First pic was this winter. I really only shave when I'm racing. Otherwise what's the point.
>>
File: leg.jpg (151 KB, 640x1136)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>1306450
>>1306451
mirin, your inner quads are huge.
since you showed yours here's mine. Your legs are a little bare though
>>1306453
>WEEKS of rashes
minor rashes every 3-4 days for the first couple weeks it's not like I was carpet burn all over my twig and berries
>portage
I don't even know what this means, its not like i was training for a race or something i was just biking to get to school. I was trying to make it from school to home or vv on a wheelie but as you can see here >>1306440 the massive hills made it difficult. All the flashy colours and spandex-level tightness just make it look gay is all im saying.
>>
lol wearing skintight spandex is uncompfortable and is bad for your balls
you are a huge faggot if you care about aerodynamics
>>
>>1306483
The flashy colors are useful both for motorists seeing you on the road and your teammates seeing you in a race. The tightness is useful both for aerodynamics and sweat wicking. I wear regular street clothes when I bike to get groceries or run errands, because there's no reason to put on kit for that. Horses for courses or whatever they call it.
>>
>>1302428
>just wear a dildo on your head bro!
>who cares what people think or how you look like in society!
>shit your pants and wear diapers! It's comfortable!

un-selfaware manchildren detected
>>
>>1302483
>smoking hot

Lmao
>>
>>1306664
a dildo on the head serves no functional purpose and pooping on one's pants is unsanitary, create better strawmen next time anon.
>>
>>1306667
A dildo on the head tells you about the sexuality of the wearer as much as spandex.
>>
>>1306708
do you think about gay guys with dildos and spandex outfits a lot, anon?
>>
File: OP proiecting.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1306664
>un-selfaware manchildren detected
How utterly ironic you'd say something like that.
>>
File: MarkCavendish--a.jpg (51 KB, 457x700)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1306708
I really pity anyone past their teenage years who is still so self-conscious, insecure, and swayed by (their inaccurate perception of) 'public opinion' or 'peer pressure', that they allow it to dictate to them something as basic as whether they dress appropriately for a given activity.

Do you choose to ignore the fact that pro cyclists wear team kit, not jeans and a t-shirt?
Or that millions of amateur cyclists from all different walks of life, wear cycling-specific clothing, because there is a practical, functional reason for it?

This is Mark Cavendish and his wife Peta. He's a big name on the World Tour, one of the top sprinters in the world, and for his day job he wears 'spandex'. Considering how hot his wife is, and the fact that they have kids together, I'm fairly well convinced *she* doesn't think he's gay, and it's no stretch of the imagination at all to see that nobody else thinks he's gay -- especially his competitors, who have lost races to him in the past.
(You), on the other hand, are a Nobody, likely aren't even dating anyone (let alone someone as hot as his wife), yet you're *so concerned* about wearing cycling-specific clothing that you have to lose your shit on an anonymous Japanese imageboard over the mere *idea* of it?
Don't you think you're more than a little ridiculous, acting that way? Ironically, more ridiculous than you're worrying about looking wearing spandex?

(You) should be ashamed of yourself for being so ridiculous.
>>
>>1306745
Despite her being full of piss and shit even I have to admit she is cute.
>>
All y'all bitches put ants in your pants if you ain't riding too tight fit them.
>>
I pose the same question everytime this comes up... didnt you wear a pair of track shorts or rugby pants or a singlet or football pants when playing sports?
>>
>>1306889
I don't play football or rugby or any other form of negro sports.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (57 KB, 1106x746)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1306742
He's not the OP retard.
>>
>>1306745
I mog that manlet and his ugly wife lmao

I'm 6'0 100kg of muscle, and my gf is 10/10

I also would never wear autistic spandex clothing made for middle aged office workers who want to pretend to be pro bicycle racers on Sundays

Cringe
>>
>>1302410
because they're big gay
>>
>>1306916
post legs
>>
>>1306451
looks like my legs when I was 16, step up nigger. I bet you have noodle arms too
>>
>>1306916
Post body with timestamp
Post girlfriend with timestamp
Otherwise GTFO and KYS bullshitting faggot
>>
>>1306926
You also need to post body with timestamp or GTFO and KYS bullshitting faggot
>>
>>1306940
i dont have pictures from when i was 16 you virgin
>>
File: butt lol.jpg (131 KB, 640x1039)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Its not much different from what they wear in other sports.
>>
>>1307019
I’ve always wondered, it’s usually the narrow shouldered skinny arms that make cyclists look faggy... what kind of drag would t shirt sleeves like this add? It would certainly make the outfit look a lot more aesthetic, broad shouldered and even like normal sportswear
>>
>>1307022
Anything that flaps in the wind slows you down a little bit, making you work that much harder. Over 50 to 100 miles the fatigue adds up.

>narrow shouldered skinny arms
Let me ask you this: If you were, say, something as specific as a professional arm wrestler, would you bother training your legs in the gym? Rhetorical question, really, you wouldn't, it would be wasted time and energy better spent training your upper body.
When you're a professional cyclist (or *aspiring* to be a professional cyclist, or even just taking your amateur sport participation seriously), and being able to climb faster than the other guys in a race is important for your success, why would you bother training your upper body so it's big and bulky? Again, that's a rhetorical question, because you wouldn't, and in fact you *don't* do that, it would make no sense and you'd be contributing to your own failure.
Now, someone will probably post comment to the effect of this:
>only faggots want to look like that
..or:
>if you're not a pro then why are you bothering
..or something ridiculous like that.
The fact of the matter is, in the case of any sport of any kind, is *you train for the specific requirements of your sport, not to """look good"""*.
Criticizing someone who takes what they do seriously because of how they look is immature and beneath the dignity of most peoples' intelligence and speaks more to their insecurities than it does anything pertaining to who they're criticizing.
>>
>>1306942
>i dont have pictures from when i was 16 you virgin
So what you're saying is that *now* you're a fat, weak, slow piece of shit and look like garbage? Gotcha.
>>
>>1307051
going on such a long boring rant speaks to your insecurities lad
>>
>>1307061
Not insecure, not a 'lad', and how about you speak for yourself? Go project somewhere else, asshole.
>>
>>1307070
alright lad, settle down
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (315 KB, 1218x1381)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>1306939
stay mad manlet
>>
>>1307051
this autistic rant is exactly what some boring office working sunday lycra warrior would write
how insecure can you get because some madlad said your spandex is gay lmao

settle down lad
>>
>>1307126
wheres the timestamp
>>
>>1307126
you must be slow as shit on a bike lmao
look at that fucking belly holy shit
>>
>>1307126
do your friends call you muffintop lelelelelelelel
>>
>>1307126
Yikes. You'd probably make an alright MTBer though since they just take a ski lift.
>>
>>1307138
Do u think anybody actually cares?
>>
>>1307178
you are in a thread about cycling so yeh prolly are ya thick in the head too or just the belly lmao
>>
File: 1554025934091.jpg (42 KB, 600x462)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1307180
Whatever helps u cope with being absolutely mogged on a daily basis
>>
>>1307183
go back to /fit/ you chubster lelelelel
>>
>>1307184
Gay boy cope
>>
>>1307203
if all you can do now is call me gay and say that i'm coping for something with my skinny arms i will accept your unconditional surrender. if i was a big meanie i would say that you are probably coping for something by trying to make your body more muscular than it would ever need to be for any manual labor job, but i am a very nice guy so i won't go there :^)
>>
File: no homo2.jpg (93 KB, 813x372)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>1307203
>is from /fit/
>calls others gay
>>
>>1307126
>no timestamp
>faggots too dumb to follow simple directions
Never going to make it.
Also even if that's you, Sasquatch, you'll be slow as shit on climbs due to al that excess upper body mass (what are you, like over 100kg? LOL), and since you're apparently /fit/, you do no cardio, therefore you die out quick even on the flat. Even the weakest filthy casual of /n/ would ride away from you when you inevitably have a heart attack from over-exertion.
>>
>>1307183
>he thinks anybody in the real world cares how mnay hours he spends in the gym """getting swole"""
>he thinks it's a worthwhile accomplishment to rack up as many drunk club sluts he's banged
Gymcels, when will they learn?
>>
>>1307126
>doesn't show legs
>obviously skips leg day
Never going to make TdF that way, son.
Maybe you can make a career as a HAND CYCLIST, LOL.
>>
>>1306487
Skintight spandex is unironically one of the comfiest things you can ever wear. It's why girls love leggings so much, besides getting to show off their ass.
>>
>>1307126
Looks like you have a terminal case of slavbod. You'll never be a climber. Sorry bro
>>
>>1307204
>>1307206
Dyel gay boy cope

Also tldr, office numale rant

Post body lmao
>>
>>1307204
Ps it's not for a manual labour job it's to mog and beat the shit out of gay boys like you
>>
>>1307220
Don't ride with dyel marathon runner body cucks in spandex

That's autism
>>
File: velociraptor.jpg (219 KB, 1200x1077)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>1307300
3 years cycling, SS+GOMAD on rest days. u jelly?
>>
>>1307301
>threatening violence with zero provocation
i already thought you were dumb but now it's clear that you're just a nigger.
>>
>>1307303
slow boy cope lelelelel
>>
>>1307316
>>1307336
gay boys detected
>>
>>1306487
>leglet COPE
>>
>>1307301
You *do* know that gay bashers are almost always closeted gays themselves don't you?
Furthermore you are a denizen of /fit/, which increases the likelihood of your being a closeted homosexual by an order of magnitude.
Why don't you just admit that you love the cock and get it over with, sweetie?
>>
File: phobia.jpg (25 KB, 640x392)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1307452
>You *do* know that gay bashers are almost always closeted gays themselves don't you?
cope
>>
>>1307510
it's been scientifically proven lad
not most, but a significantly higher proportion of
>>
ITT: dyel beta males fearful of a 100kg alpha unit
>>
>>1307604
Nope.

ITT: An overbuilt roid freak board tourist from /fit/ in total denial that actual cyclists who train specifically for the sport could out-ride him on any terrain -- especially long climbs.

Roid-head is also an insecure manchild who is so concerned about what other people might think that he'd wreck his crotch riding a bike in jeans and a t-shirt rather than wear proper cycling kit and not wreck himself. How's that room-temperature IQ working for you, Champ?

Seriously /fit/, you need to grow the fuck up.
Being """Xbox hueg""" without a valid reason is lame.
"""Pulling club sluts""" is not a valid reason for all that work and steroid abuse, either, it's retarded.

Really, as much as I lurk on and post on /fit/ myself, many of you denizens of /fit/ are pretty fucking retarded in my opinion, but much of that is Extreme Youth, you're young and dumb and fall for memes and troll bait and do stupid shit because you literally don't know any better.
What's hilarious to me is I know you'll grow out of it and look back at the stupid shit you did and feel embarassed.
>>
>>1307512
post study pls
>>
>>1307781
you sound weak
I would fucking crush you bro
>>
>>1307788
Post ftp
>>
>>1303240
I'm more worried about it showing off my massive schlong desu
>>
>>1307788
Why are you even here? Bike riding is cardio and /fit/ hates cardio. You're not going to pull '''hot club sluts''' on a bike. You have no reason to be here.
Go back to /fit/fraud/ already.
>>
>>1302981
>>1303008
>>1304177
When you get to the office, wipe down with one of these, they’re fucking fantastic and will leave you feeling fresh as a daisy. Used to go on my lunch break and do interval sprints, got as sweaty as you can imagine. Wait until you’re not dripping with sweat, then wipe down and spray some dry shampoo into your hair.
>>
>>1307888
post pics pls
no homo
>>
>>1308280
I bet you enjoy those quick dude showers on your lunch break.
>>
>>1307781
Who cares? I mog you. Girls go for me over a middle life crisis Lycra office worker dyel

That's all that matters in this life

Now go and stick your ass up in the sky on your autistic road bike like a good faggot
>>
>>1308300
Of me in general or just a close up of my crotch? Sounds pretty homo either way.
>>
>>1308337
Your dick, the whole thing please
>>
>>1308337
I want to see a 4k pic of your bulging manhood, for purely scientific, non-homosexual purposes.
>>
>>1308343
>>1308344
Check back in 10 hours
>>
>>1308316
>club thots are all that matters in life
I'm sorry m8. Your life sounds awful.
>>
>>1302410
It's like they're wearing nothing at all! Nothing at all! NOTHING AT ALL!!
>>
>>1308369
LOL this.
There was a time when the average /fit/izen was better than this, but THE CANCER made it's way to /fit/ a long time ago now and it's all gym rats and gymcels who are so obsessed with getting laid that they don't seem to do much of anything else with their lives.

That guy will probably end up involved with a stripper, he'll think he's 'made it', and then she'll proceed to completely ruin his life. Then he'll become part of the Blackpilled misogynist crowd and talk nonstop about how subhuman and evil all women are.
>>
>>1308316
>massively COPING
>>
>>1308406
>playing nintendo switch and riding bikes for 60km like a dyel is the meaning of life

beta male
>>
>>1308406
based and red pilled

>>1308803
That's a big yikes from me
>>
>>1306483
Portage is the about as far away from racing equipment as it gets on bicycles. It's for carrying things.

It's perfectly fine to enjoy your ride. But you put up with a lot of discomfort you didn't have to for no good reason at all. Offroad trail riders wear looser clothes, modest colors, that are indistinguishable from people walking in the park, and give you good comfort and performance.
>>
>>1308803
>he thinks all we do is ride bikes all day every day
Of course you gymcels would think that, because the vast majority of you are so one-dimensional that you obsess over your """gains""" (because you think that'll fix all your problems in life, LOL), so naturally you're incapable of conceiving of anyone having more than one interest or set of activities in their lives. We all have jobs/careers or go to University, social lives, 'significant others', family, and so on, and happen to have cycling in that mix as well. U MAD, /fit/cel?
>yes, yes he is
>>
>>1309359
>Offroad trail riders wear looser clothes, modest colors, that are indistinguishable from people walking in the park, and give you good comfort and performance.
"""Offroad trail riders""" aren't out there riding 50 to 100 miles at a time, at speed, pedaling constantly, working at maximum capacity cranking up steep grades, and so on, they're riding for a handful of miles at a time, at relatively slow speeds, and likely taking lots of breaks from the bike for various reasons (water, food, pee, etc) so they can get away with wearing inappropriate clothing, and since they don't know any better anyway, never having had proper kit, they get used to the chafing and pain and stewing in their own sweat if it's hot outside.
Cycling-specific clothing is used by *ALL* types of cyclists, not just roadies; MTB teams wear it, too, and thus having a basis for comparison, they *know better* than you do.
Don't knock it until you've tried it for at least a month of riding.
>>
>>1307022
it's not the clothes that make their arms skinny.
>>
>>1309361
Missed the point. There's cycling specific clothing for offroad trail riders, with proper padding, tight, without being lycra, that's miles better than the back pack and jeans rashamon was wearing. And rashamon isn't putting down big watts or big effort anyways.
>>
>>1309420
>without being lycra
You are the one who doesn't understand. That fabric has moisture-wicking properties that make cycling clothing do what it does. You can't just replace it with cotton or something and expect it to control moisture the same way, it won't. You're clearly and objectively wrong.
>>
>>1309360
autism
>>
>>1302452
>light gray pants
Enjoy looking like you peed yourself.
>>
>>1309822
>no actual counter-argument, posts pointless insult instead
Gymcels, when will they learn?
>>
>>1309905
>autistic wall of text by asspained lycra wearing mid life crisis office worker

wow sure showed me (100kg of muscle who mogs your entire existence)

yep. you got owned, keep cycling in your tight pants lmao. virgin
>>
>>1302410
not all of them but many sexualise themselves. and you see them doing stuff with their ass. its just weird. i can cycle an mtb in sweatpants and a large jacket faster than most lycra cunts. i always blast past them to show them they r just plain silly
>>
So any recommendation on cloths for non-professionals, but do not want to wear casual cloths because obviously it's shit for riding a bike aggressively?
>>
>>1310460

It can take a LOT of shopping around, but you can find normie clothes made from breathable, quick-drying technical fabrics. It definitely does exist.

Liner shorts offer the benefits of riding with a chamois while allowing you to wear normal looking shorts or pants.
>>
>>1302441
>you look like a complete moron riding a lightweight road bike in regular clothes

It all boils down to this. It's like wearing jeans to the gym.
>>
>>1302418
Back when I was in middle school, this cool friend of mine came at the school' entrance with his cyclist outfit one day and I thought that was the gayest thing ever, couldn't watch him and not laugh.
Then, when I discovered road races I changed my mind completely.
>>
All of my old kit was destroyed in an 8 hour gay Zwift orgy. Anyone know where I can get the cheapest possible kit that’s usable and won’t give me cancer?
>>
>>1310460
>>1310472
Normie clothes usually get worn through from the ass in a matter of months if you use them while cycling. Another massive bonus for cycling specific clothing is that the ass in them usually lasts pretty well.
>>
>>1310539
>Back when I was in middle school, this cool friend of mine came at the school' entrance with his cyclist outfit one day and I thought that was the gayest thing ever, couldn't watch him and not laugh.
>Then, when I discovered road races I changed my mind completely.
So, in other words: You grew up, and your attitudes and perceptions grew up with you. Good. Now, how do we get the rest of /n/ to do that, Anon?
>>
>>1310894
But anon we wear bibs for the very reason to prevent our sweaty asscracks from showing.
>>
>>1310926
Don't try to talk reason into wannabe retrodouche idiots
>>
>>1310894
I really don't understand how someone like you can even go out into public for any reason, the anxiety and paranoia must make you want to scream every single moment you're outside your house. Don't they have medication to help people like you? For fuck's sake get some Xanax or something and chill the fuck out, nobody is looking at you or even gives a fuck.
>>
>>1311397
Context, please?
>>
File: 20180710_202615.jpg (440 KB, 908x1210)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>tfw going from powerlifting into hobby cycling
>Not sure if I want to buy cycling specific clothing because tight fitting clothes arent my thing
>Tights rub together and causes my regular clothes to wear
>Hot spots on my inner tights
>My balls starts to feel weird

>Finally buy the cheapest cycling gear I can find
>No more rubbing
>No more hot spots
>No care in the world
>Gets compliments from friends
>Buy a real road bike
>Have a blast every summer

>Bikepacking trips

I was once an idiot and judged others for what they wear, now i'm just an idiot.
>>
>>1311625
>I was once an idiot and judged others for what they wear, now i'm just an idiot.
So, in other words, you left childhood behind and became an adult?
>>
>>1311877
That would be a fair statement.
>>
>>1311883
I'm pleasantly shocked and amazed but only because of where we're having this conversation.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.