[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next 72 hours. Click here to submit your application.

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

File: pol meetup1.png (1.48 MB, 1057x947)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
Why are there suddenly so many people posting on /n/ opposed to Public Transportation?
And why are they all repeating the same basic talking points in their opposition to it:
>Libertarian free market economics opposed to public investment
>drug addicted mentally ill niggers will literally rob you and piss on you
Where could this be coming from?
>>
They’re board tourists upset that other boards on the same site don’t share their safe space ideas. Imagine coming to board titled Transportation and being against public transportation. It would be like teaching biology and not believing in evolution. Oh wait, conservatives already do this.
>>
>>1284037
>Why are there suddenly so many people posting on /n/ opposed to Public Transportation?
Because public transportation sucks.
I'd rather walk, than get into fucking subway, full of niggers and other sick niggers.
I'd rather die in bike accident with truck, than die slowly from some weird flu I got in public transport.
>>
>>1284041
Also public transport faggots tend to ban everything. Starting from cars, finishing with fucking kick scooters.
>>
Because leftist thought has creeped into nearly every part of the web so you can put up with a little bantz too, commie
>>
>>1284041
Do you go to /a/ to complain that anime sucks?
>>1284042
Name 3 countries that banned cars as they developed public transportation
>>1284044
>I need my safe space
>>
>>1284072
>I need my safe space

Leftists actually do, hence this thread
>>
Public transit is supposed to be an option. Not the only transit.

Eco weenies are closet fascists.
>>
File: fox news.jpg (42 KB, 526x421)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1284044
4chan is a leftist website
>>
>>1284042
>>1284041
I don't know who hurt you, but you're gonna be okay.
Go out, leave mummy's house, see the world and try not to judge others out of jealousy and fear.
Everyone is just trying to make their way in the world.
>>
>>1284041
>Because public transportation sucks.
(Your place)
>>
>>1284072
> Do you go to /a/ to complain that anime sucks?
That's all that anyone in /a/ ever DOES
>>
>>1284037
The great boomer influx from '16. They're now spreading to other boards. Let them come, we'll redpill them on public transit with our collective autism.
>>
File: train_interior.jpg (37 KB, 640x360)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1284041
Try not living in the third world aka burgerland aka greater israel. Public transit is comfy af over here.
>>
Public transit is largely a measure of how advanced and civilized a society is. If you live in a literal shithole like the JewSA then of course public transit is going to suck.
The boomers that spread all this anti-public-transit bs are just overwhelmed because it dawns on them that their country is closer to an africa-tier shithole than an actual first world country like the bulk of western europe or Japan.
>>
Why are you conflating opposition to impractical HSR to blanket opposition to public transit?
>>
File: IMG_20190211_132645.jpg (1.33 MB, 3120x4160)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>le public transit sucks
*dabs on burgers*
>>
>>1284037
Why are there so many communists on /n/? Why do you idiots assume everyone on here supports your wet dreams on "public transportation?" Is it inconceivable that there are people on here that like talking about planes, trains, and boats? Stop shitting up /n/ with your Stalin-esque fantasies.
>>
>>1284037
Because the way most people on /n/ think of public transportation are fucking dumb. It starts first at a complete social reformation followed with a immediate new thinking in urban design. The idiots who shill for HSR don't realize that HSR does the best in 4hr corridors linked to metropolitan transit systems that function properly.
>>
I want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>1284180
Because we've had a board culture for over a decade that isn't just /o/ for trains and planes (though we have those threads too), public transportation discussion has always been an integral part of this board. And public transportation as public service entails a basic kind of recognition for some kind of government involvement. So you're a simple bitch if you think this board is about sticking your head in the sand and just talking about transportation with no social or political context and if you ever spent any time in the public transit threads these factors are always considered.

>>1284181
>It starts first at a complete social reformation followed with a immediate new thinking in urban design.
Is this what you agree with or what you think is dumb? Because it certainly is part of whats causing the anti-government/public transit sentiment is going on in these climate change/green new deal threads right now. A carbon neutral/ecological transit system will require complete social reformation, apparently that has let everyone on the board have an opinion all of a sudden.
>>
>>1284203
>This faggot talks about board culture.
I guarantee I've been posting here longer than you, but in either case this board, has never been about theft via government or "urban planning."

It's been about transportation. The history of it, the operations of the industries, and talking about the machines. Not abstract-pie-in-the-sky visions of outlawing cars and building trains to take everyone to and from their ghettos.
>>
>>1284204
Sure, go ahead. I've been lurking here since 2009 so that makes 10 years now. I'd say that's enough to know what this board has always been about.

>theft via government
hooboi being this retarded
>>
>>1284181
>to improve our society we have to change things
>change is bad
>why can't we improve by just doing the same things we've always done???
jfc it doesn't get more boomer than this
>>
>>1284180
>Why do you idiots assume everyone on here supports your wet dreams on "public transportation?"
Maybe because public transportation is such an important aspect to European and Asian countries and cities?
>Is it inconceivable that there are people on here that like talking about planes, trains, and boats?
Maybe you're forgetting that all 3 are forms of public transportation (yes, planes are public transport, the fact that it flies in the air does not make it somehow not public transport).
>Stop shitting up /n/ with your Stalin-esque fantasies.
>mfw Japan is a Stalin-esque dystopia
>>1284181
>The idiots who shill for HSR don't realize that HSR does the best in 4hr corridors linked to metropolitan transit systems that function properly.
And yet you still oppose metropolitain transit systems?
Lemme get this straight. You will oppose HSR that doesn't fit into the 4 hour travel time, which doesn't connect to rapid transit, but then you oppose rapid transit because people with a different skin colour might use it, or because whatever other total bullshit reason?

America is fucking doomed to self-destruction at this rate. It a fucking shame that America might possibly also destroy the rest of the world with it.
>>
>>1284180
>board about non-automobile transportation
>"how dare people talk about transportation in the context of urbanism and society
>"they must be le ebil gommunists I've heard so much about"
W E W L A D
>>
>>1284203
>Is this what you agree with or what you think is dumb?
I genuinely think there has to be a dramatic social reformation for a great highly integrated transportation system to become more of a reality in the us than anything else. From normal people to the government workers who oversea it to the unions who operate it.
>Because it certainly is part of whats causing the anti-government/public transit sentiment is going on in these climate change/green new deal threads right now.
Again this distrust of the government comes from the culture of government. This must change as well as the poor and upper middle class folks as well.
>A carbon neutral/ecological transit system will require complete social reformation, apparently that has let everyone on the board have an opinion all of a sudden.
Nobody who isn't upper middle class cares about this. This is a matter of not being able to sell density and urbanization to people. More efficient use of land leading to cheaper cost of living and less reliance of vechiles due to it being cheaper than owning a car will sell better than using the environment as that argument.
>>
>>1284210
>And yet you still oppose metropolitain transit systems?
No I don't. These are the cornerstone of regional transportation. Without a proper metropolitan system it will lead to failure of regional rail. The best way to obtain this is through density and lowering the cost of living in dense urban areas.
>Lemme get this straight. You will oppose HSR that doesn't fit into the 4 hour travel time, which doesn't connect to rapid transit, but then you oppose rapid transit because people with a different skin colour might use it, or because whatever other total bullshit reason?
Why the projection on race? The idea is to form dense urban corridors that will allow for the most efficient use of HSR and allow these profitable systems to float unprofitable areas.
>>1284207
Never said change is bad, but some things must happen before in order for the change most of /n/ including myself would like to happen.
>>
>>1284141
I was in all sorts of shitholes, like Europe and even soviet shitholes, and even latin american shithole.
Cattle transport is disgusting everywhere, since it is full, since otherwise it becomes a money pit.
It causes medieval-tier problems, like lice and shit.
>>1284072
/n/ is not only about cattle transporters, but also bicycles and airplanes.
>>1284072
>Name 3 countries that banned cars as they developed public transportation
None of them "bans", but they make using it impossible.
for ex, Moscow.
>>
>>1284040
>Board tourists
Every time the term appears it further remain me that 4chan is noe longer a one unified site
>>
>>1284234
Airplanes are also "cattle transporters", in fact even more so than any others
>>
>>1284249
Indeed. But still, they don't have hobos, since ticket is expensive, compared to subway.
Also, different airplanes do exist, cargo, and smaller airplanes for people with extra money I wish I had.
>>
>>1284222
>some things must happen before
like what?
>>
>>1284259
Here is just some I can think of. I know you yourself have many you would like as well.
>change of the culture of government to one of Singapore's
>change of unions culture of that like Japan
>change of culture of the poor to one that is less hostile and violent
>change of culture of nimbys to seeing the benefits of transportation outweigh the drawbacks
>change to suburbanites to make up their mind to either live rual or in urban centers.
>change in urban design to make for extremely walkable urban centers with very affordable housing for urbanites

Just a few off the top of my head really but there is more that I probably haven't thought of but that's where you can add some.
>>
>>1284258
You are deluded to think so
>>
>>1284263
Most of those issues stem at least partly from a bad urbanism that has eroded society. Basically you're saying that the consequence must come before the cause. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1284264
I've never seen a complete hobo on plane.
But airplanes are still disgusting, and they should have plastic seats, so they can be washed more frequently, and no carpet.
>>
>>1284265
Then what do you propose to get your work you wish to get done? Tell me what I believe that is wrong and change my mind on it. I'm open to hearing what you believe.
>>
>>1284269
Many policies to change those issues are inherently unpopular at first, because people reject change. That's why most countries on earth go (or intend to go) down the same road.
Those changes have to be slowly imposed on people through multi-party agreements, and the subsequent pedagogic efforts. Which is not an easy thing, since many parties/politicians will opt to make populist attacks on the proponent. Literally all places in Europe had to go through this phase at some point, even Switzerland which is now the most public-transit oriented country in Europe. (maybe things are different in Asia, I'm not familiar with the specifics, but the US is culturally european anyway)
And don't start with the
>le public transport tradition
>le small compact country
excuses. American cities once had the absolute best public transit in the world until just after WW2, which isn't even so long ago. Also the idea isn't to emulate euro style transit 1:1, but to develop it according to US needs, mainly and for starters in the cities.

tl;dr politicians have to find a common ground with this issue based on considering a common greater good, and get over the nimbyism.
>>
>>1284267
>I've never seen a complete hobo on plane.
I've only ever once seen a "hobo" on a RegionalExpress in Germany, and he was very quickly intercepted by police officers once he reached the main station (possibly due to being drunk).

I've never seen a "hobo" on Amtrak or other US rail. I've never seen a "hobo" on the DC Metro. I've seen 2 "hobo" like people near the entrances to the New York Subway, but never on board a train and I've also only ever seen nothing but middle class people on the Metro North.

I'm trying to think of other places, but both the Kyiv and Mosow metros are places where I've seen thugs and skinheads, and that's about it.... I was once drenched with vodka by a number of drunk Russians on a marshrutka in Crimea back in 2011, but that's another story, and I'm not counting buses here, since they're a basic stop-gap and are basically either absolute bare necessities or methods to force people into owning cars.
>>
>>1284318
>Moscow
>no hobos
On circle line (brown one, unironically) there are a lot of hobos. Sometimes cars smell like shit and hobos.
Suburban trains have hobos...

They are everywhere, you just don't notice them for some reason.
>>
>>1284037
Because of bikes. They are private transportation that somehow got introduced into /n/, and their mindset follows.
>>
>>1284321
>>Moscow
I was last in Moscow in 2010. Things have probably changed in about 9 years.
>>
>>1284330
Nah, nothing had changed, besides air cons that don't work.
It was full of hobos since the end of USSR.
>>
>>1284333
Was it full of hobos before the end of USSR?
>>
>>1284072
>Do you go to /a/ to complain that anime sucks?
is today your first day on 4channel
>>
>>1284044
t. 14 or 41 y/o
>>
>>1284303
I think we have a disconnect here since both of us agree on the same things in regards towards the pushback towards public transportation. In fact I believe the end goal of what we both want is the same.
>>
>>1284340
No, because there were no hobos in USSR, since everyone was forced to work, and everyone had some sort of flat/room in shared flat.
When USSR ended, low-class people usually, had no idea what they're doing, fell for scams, drunk their entire salaries, lost their jobs, and became hobos.
In Russian "hobo" is BOMZj, which is abbreviation of Without defined place of living (and job).
>>
>>1284347
t. cant handle the bantz
>>
>>1284324
no, cyclists just want cagers to fuck off. public transportation is great and you are talking out of your ass. Good public transport directly benefits cyclists by getting cagers off the road
>>
>>1284037
>>Libertarian free market economics opposed to public investment
This one is the worst offender, because the alternative they support is suburbs, connected through megaroads built on taxpayer dollars, where you ride cars made by companies that constantly take state subsidies, incentives and bailouts, cars that run on state subsidized petrol.
But the moment you speak against this system, you're a communist.
>>
/pol/ threads belong in >>>/pol/, /pol/ out of /n/ NOW

>>
>>1284357
All of a sudden liberals are against welfare and subsidies when the people they don't like (suburban whites) benefit from them
>>
>>1284364
Sorry but public transportation necessarily involves political discussion. Leftists simply can't handle opposing viewpoints and go to their tried and true tactic of silencing any crimethink
>>
>>1284330

There really aren't many hobos on the metro. They have to get through metal detector security and turnstiles for a start. And that's before they have to run the gauntlet of the escalator babushkas.
>>
>>1284351
Not all cyclist have this much awareness about the effect of public transportation on number of cars on the road.
>>
>>1284037
How usa people so handsome?
>>
>>1284348
>In fact I believe the end goal of what we both want is the same.
Yes, you're just wrong on how to get there. You think society will suddenly want to change their nasty habits, which is an absolutely ridiculous idea. While I propose that the government slowly "push" this change onto people in the hope they eventually accept it once they see the benefits, and thus public opinion becomes ever more favorable to public transit. Which is complicated but doable.

What I propose has been done successfully in several instances. What you propose has literally never happened anywhere, ever.
>>
>>1284365
Woah woah woah, where the fuck did you take that I'm a liberal ? My whole post is speaking out against government intervention and apparently that makes me pro welfare ? Man, I wasn't aware people with a sub-50 IQ were allowed to breathe the same atmosphere that I do.
>>
So can we at least agree zoning laws need to be reduced?
>>
>>1284393
>I wasn't aware people with a sub-50 IQ were allowed to breathe the same atmosphere that I do.

You might have a sub-50 IQ mate
>>
>>1284398
Oh, and the deregulation of public transport
>>
Unironically shilling against that Green New Deal. It’s triggering a lot of genuine boomers, but don’t underestimate the fossil fuel industry.
>>
>>1284410
The fossil fuel industry would love the GND because it persists in perpetuating the anti-nuclear scare that the industry pushed in the 60s and 70s, while not calling for a ban on fossil fuels, so like Germany the ultimate result would be firing up more coal and gas burning plants to provide steady state energy.
>>
>>1284436
>so like Germany the ultimate result would be firing up more coal and gas burning plants
Only the Germans are burning lignite, literally the most polluting coal you could find.
>>
>>1284440
And paying .35 cents USD, per kwh.

While France pays 18 c per kwh for nuclear.
>>
>>1284436
Nuclear energy is fine, but there is no way that the fossil fuel industry wants any sort of mass-acknowledgement of AGW, lest they actually be held liable for the damage it's going to cause.
>>
4chan.org
I heard they're rude
>>
>>1284037
>>>/o/
if you want to talk to bus riders go there, fag
>>
>>1284037
>Libertarian free market economics opposed to public investment
If you consider how heavyly the automotive industry and road construction are incentivized, you can safely assume that in a libertarian society public transportation would be much more prevalent than it is right now.
I hate you retarded underage commies so fucking much.
>america doesnt have x, ids da free market!!!!!! >>>:( we need gommunism :DDDD
I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers
>>
File: TorontoPoliceCarAccident3.jpg (2.39 MB, 2816x2112)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
I hope this /pol/ fag invasion will go away. Meanwhile we should make sure /n/ threads are bumped up.
>>
>>1285953
I guess it has never occurred to transit autismos that their opinion isn't shared by a majority of people in the US
>>
>>1286313
You'll get bored eventually
>>
I like public transportation

I do not like eminent domain
>>
>>1284174
Based SBB
>>
>>1285953
Telling how just the idea of somebody that doesn't have the same views as them offends them so much. Bunch of triggered snowflakes.

Keep /n/ Transportation Related.
#CagersOut
#Don'tDriveBeDriven
>>
>>1286363
>you triggered snowflakes can't deal with opposing views!
>ok what are your views then
>nigger spic nigger nigger pissing on me and giving me aids death cans fuck the government
>not much of a view there m8, fuck off
>holy shit how can you be so triggered
>>
>>1285953
Be like whoever this is:
>>1286508
>>1286511
>>1286512
>>1286513
>>1286510
>>1286509
All based bumps. Likely by the same /n/imby
>>
>>1284386
Ikr
>>
>>1284072
>Do you go to /a/ to complain that anime sucks?
If they start discussing ways to tax me to pay for it, yes.
>>
>>1286784
t. billionaire
>>
>>1286789
>t. billionaire
Me? No. Just middle class.
Billionaires already have the market fixed. It's the middle class that ends up paying for your futa shit.
>>
>>1284139
LOL no we're not """impressionable youths""" (or perhaps I should say """impressionable (You)ths""") therefore we're not subject to being confused by you sad, sad Fringies and your obsessive-compulsive fixation on buses, trains, and bikes.
Please, get professional help.
>>
File: boomerpedes.jpg (559 KB, 661x2810)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>1284139
>>1286896
>>
/pol/
>>
>>1286799
t. person of (((means)))
>>
>>1284263
Banning of colored people using public transportation should be easier and more honest. The rest would solve itself then, as white and taxpaying people would use trains and buses again, thereby having a stake in their development.
>>
>>1284364
Do you need another safe space because reality doesn't accommodate your worldview? Trust me, I'm a fan and avid user of trains, I don't even have a car, but there is a justified reason why /pol/ thoughts play a major part in those discussions here.
>>
>>1286911
This
>>
>>1284040
>They’re board tourists
>Oh wait, conservatives already do this.

Oh wait, a tourist from /pol/
>>
>>1284263
>Japan
what's good about unions in Japan?
i'm not being cute, i just don't know anything about them.
>>
>>1287228
You work your way up the ladder by becoming a union rep then get promoted to manager by the corporation. The relationship is less antagonistic.
>>
>>1284180
why are even here lol
get >>>/o/ut
>>
>>1284393
Welcome to Trump-era American politics, where questioning or disagreeing with any Republican party policy in any way automatically means you're a liberal and a shill.
>>
>>1287243
Fuck that, you're treated better in a union in Japan than as a salaryman
>>
>>1287248
4chan is a far left website (source FOX News)
>>
>>1287248
And questioning or disagreeing with any Democratic party policy in any way automatically means you're a [lefty litany of ists] moron.
>>
>>1287273
>wah I'm the real victim
>t. mgtow #gg incel
>>
>>1284246
>unified site
I cant really think of a time it was
just some boards were closer than others while others were in all out war
at one point auto bans were dolled out just for slightly off board posts
>>
>>1287313
More like there was a time when there was /b/ and there was everything else.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.