[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: Father Conductor.png (469 KB, 1200x1400)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>Confess
>>
i have a deep, building hatred for all of the bikeposters. like seriously. take the bus, not your little waste of metal, rubber and money.
>>
>>1273508
someone's a fat lil autist aren't they.
>>
>>1273508
On my country is easy to get your stuff stolen if you take the bus.
>>
>>1273509
this is why i don't post on this board anymore.
>>
>>1273508
I get where I'm going faster by bike than by the bus.
>>
File: Disney_Bus_crop.jpg (222 KB, 1280x917)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
The only time I ride buses is when I'm at Disney World.
>>
>>1273508
aww did babby lose his trainfoaming safe space cause all the bikies invaded and displaced the trains threads?
>>
>>1273528
Honestly Disney world has the best public transportation in the United States of America.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>1273495
Also, I go to school every day (I'm a senior so I'm still old enough for this site) by having my brother drive me to school.
>>
I got an Indian man thrown off a train for stealing my sandwich.

Not really a confession just a happenstance.
>>
>>1273508
I honestly wish I could take the bus, its just too slow, expensive, and doesn't run frequently or late enough
>>
File: IMG_0805.jpg (2.92 MB, 4032x3024)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>1273547
Youneed,,a hometrainer,,,forbuss!!,
,,hardbench to simulate both waitingand riding!,
,shimmying shuddering with prerecorded "realife sounds!,,,"Hay!!HAYOU!Gotadolla!!?",,"dasamy setfuca!" ,
,,meanwhile noxiousfume generatorages!,
,,interval trainingas you Simwaitin cold,, misting,fog.,,"2.50$,Bitch. Exact change OOOOOOOONLY.!"
>>
I once pooped in the wrong poophole conductor saw me and beat me
>>
>>1273508
a lot of the bikeposters on here will make you hate bikes, but please do not think they represent anyone you will meet in the real world. or this is an epic troll and i have just been baited hard.
>>
>>1273608
cheer up buddy
>>
>>1273552
What's with the casual racism? You're better than this, bacon
>>
>>1273512
good riddance
>>
Sometimes I drive my cage 3 miles instead of taking a transit line with a 10-minute headway. If I took transit I'd only have to walk 1000 meters total.

I'm a transit planner.
>>
File: WDW_Monorail_-_Ferry.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1079)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>1273535
>Honestly Disney world has the best public transportation in the United States of America.
>Prove me wrong.

You might be right.
>100% free, even if you don't have theme park tickets
>No homeless people or drug addicts
>Eclectic mix of buses, ferries, monorails, and (in the near future) aerial trams outside the parks
>Magic Kingdom has a legit heritage steam railroad, a horse-drawn streetcar line, and a people mover
>Animal Kingdom has a diesel railroad

However, it's important to note that the system is 100% privatized while almost all other major US transport networks are publicly funded. Because of this, comparing Disney World to any other US transport network is like comparing oranges and apples.
>>
>>1273690
The only thing Disney World is missing is a direct connection to the US national rail network. Hopefully, the proposal to have a stop at Disney along Brightline's future Orlando-Tampa line becomes a reality.
>>
I only pretended to swipe my Freedom Card for a couple years and just walked in behind people
>>
>>1273692
lmao Disneyland Paris was directly connected to the RER AND the TGV
>>
>>1273508
Efficiency? Ha! The efficiency of a gas guzzling SUV outstrips the communistic folly of the railway system dream, rapidly turning into a nightmare, really. It's over you know
>>
>>1273552
lol
>>1273621
t. never lived in a real city
>>
I fixed my own bicycle!! The bicycle shop wanted like £30 to replace barrel adjuster because it wasn't working so I bought those shitty £3 bicycle multitool and fixed it myself!

:DDDDD i feel so proud
sorry not really a confession but i have to get it out
>>
>>1273552
based
>>1273621
bostonians are a race now?
>>
>>1273708
Good job, Anon.
>>
>>1273495
I jerk off in train bathrooms and cum on everything
Sometimes I ride round trip just so I can do that a few times
>>
File: That Feel Sad.gif (8 KB, 645x773)
8 KB
8 KB GIF
>>1273699
>lmao Disneyland Paris was directly connected to the RER AND the TGV

...and Tokyo Disneyland is connected to JR East, Hong Kong Disneyland to MTR, and Shanghai Disneyland to Shanghai Metro.

The two US Disney theme park resorts are the only ones without external rail connections.
>>
I gave my monthly transit card to a hobo because I didn't need it anymore
>>
>>1273510
How in the fuck does that happen? In my cuntry your bike will get stolen by some methhead cracker no matter what protections you put in place.
>>
>>1273512
But ur posting here anyway.
>>
>>1273495
I literally have more money than sense and want to buy a $5000+ bike just because I can.
>>
>>1273821
I was visiting the Philippines once and took a jeepney (like a third wolder bus). Even if I was born in the US, I look like a local and can speak little enough Tagalog so I normally don't have a problem but this one time, a guy with a shotgun robbed the whole jeepney for cell phones. Third world transportation is sketchy af
>>
>>1273834
Clearly the problem is jeepneys, not robbers with shotguns.
>>
>>1273852
I unironically won't deny that. If you thought the GM Streetcar conspiracy was bad here in the US, practically the same but worse happened during the post WWII reconstruction which saw the replacement of all streetcars into jeepneys. Some of which are still in service since the 1950s. Give it another 30 years and it'll actually be quite an achievement to have century old equipment still in service, most of which were already old hand me downs when they began service. Something about the Philippines and jimmy rigging shit to stay in service is quite extraordinary in a third world way. I mean no offense to other native Filipinos, in fact this is more a compliment as I'm also partly Filipino, but Filipinos are the Greenskins of humans. Relatively primitive but they can do some next level shit without fully understanding the technology by willing it into existence.
>>
>>1273855
>practically the same but worse happened during the post WWII reconstruction which saw the replacement of all streetcars into jeepneys
Fuck, is that actually true? I would love to get some sauce if so, if only to get mad about it.

I still don't understand how jeepneys attract robberies. Surely it would be the same if the trams were still in place?

>Something about the Philippines and jimmy rigging shit to stay in service is quite extraordinary in a third world way. I mean no offense to other native Filipinos, in fact this is more a compliment as I'm also partly Filipino, but Filipinos are the Greenskins of humans. Relatively primitive but they can do some next level shit without fully understanding the technology by willing it into existence.
Considering how the Philippines were fucked downwards, backwards, and sideways by Spanish, US, and Japanese colonialization, the current state of the country is all the more impressive. There is nothing "primitive" about it. I highly doubt the best and most well-payed engineers at Volkswagen or GM could maintain and repair a Filipin jeepney in the same way.
>>
File: 25643-89469.jpg (1.21 MB, 1988x1031)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>1273862
>Fuck, is that actually true?
Oh boy do I have some sauce for you to get angry about. Such a shame what happened to Manila. If the 1945 Battle of Manila hadn't happened, Manila would have been one of Asia's greatest open port city. I still believe Manila has great potential in the far future as a city of trade but it's capabilities are severely limited by some of the worst traffic conditions on the planet due to poor transportation infrastructure.

>Manila's once mighty Tranvias, or Streetcar in English, was once the envy of Asia
https://skyrisecities.com/news/2017/03/manilas-long-lost-tranvias-once-envy-asia

>Meralco didn’t restore the trams because it was too costly, deciding instead to shift its core business to providing power.
https://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/04/21/15/manilas-trains-then-and-now

What really hurt Manila was corrupt politicians who were tasked with rebuilding destroyed infrastructure but sought short term gains instead by making jeepneys a permanent solution when it was supposed to be temporary, which cost the country it's future.
>>
>>1273862
regarding the robberies as well, it's not that jeepneys attract robberies. Crime is just generally rampant because poverty is such a big problem in the densest city on Earth. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time while I was in Manila.
>>
i hate when the homeless clog up the bike racks with all their shit.
>>
I was on an Italian IC train going from some tourist city to some tourist city with my gf in tow. I convinced her that she should jerk me off since we had one of those 3x2 seat cars that you can fold down the seats to make a 'bed'. She was all reluctant and said the ticket guy would come by and catch us. Being an italian train the chance of there being a ticket guy doing his job was about 10% and even then they don't exactly sneak up on you.

Well I must have got fucking Solid Snake of the Italian Train world because damned if he didn't catch her dick-handed jerking me off. He was cool about it. Just some 18 year old kid. But I was so embarrassed.
>>
>>1273495
People who think that battery powered anything is environmentally friendly should be put to death. This goes double for e-bike fags
>>
>>1273935
This. Tram > trolleybus >>> anything with a battery.
>>1273922
I once had sex in a train toilet and it was extremely obvious to everyone on the carriage. No fucks given. At least you have a story to tell now. What did your gf do after that?
>>
>>1273495
I once peed in the train while I was belligerently drunk
>>
i bought a $1200 bike for $20 last summer and rode it for 1 month, i got a flat and it has sat on the far wall of my apt since then
>>
>>1274183
Classic
>>
>>1273692
Is the Tampa extension going to utilize the CSX A-Line trackage or are they going to build a new right of way?
>>
File: IMG_1921.jpg (1.97 MB, 4032x3024)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>1273621
Oooooouch,,rawnerve!,
,,sweetoothrot!!,,i thought we were pasthis,,yearsago welected the "hybrid",,andnow you want all bikes to be the same?,
,,,There IS,,,a difference., recumbents Cant bunny,,,everyonelse is Slow,,UCI is totalitarian(helmuts makeslow),,,gaybikes,Aregay!,
,,maybe,,i can makeitup by virutesignal?,
,carbon bikes dont kill,,its justhe "Bad rider.,
,Walmart bikes,,are just misunderstuds.,,
,mylipshurt.
>>
>>1274236
The most logical/cheapest solution is that they will try to use the A-Line. Once it's inside Tampa, though, it will switch to a new elevated segment all the way to the station just like in Downtown Miami. It's still undecided where the station will be, though the most logical place would be Tampa Union Station where Amtrak stops. It's not the best choice just because it already serves trains; there is tons of space available for construction and very little will have to be demolished. The station used to have 7-8 tracks, but now it only has two in use, and all that space occupied by the former tracks is unused.
>>
>>1273726
Based and redpilled.
>>
>>1273495
I like public transportation and wish there was a serious tram or light rail system in my city, but also hate the idea of my city being large enough the a tram or light rail system even makes economic sense.
>>
I pick my nose in the train
>>
>>1273495
I've been trying to get my license for over 12 years now. I honestly just want to give up on trying and drive a moped instead of a car. But where I live you have to have a license to drive a moped. I can't pass the driver's test in a car so I'm stuck with no way to travel unless I get a bike. But where I live isn't cyclist friendly. Also there's no public transportation.
>>
>>1273508
Where the fuck do you think you are?
Nice bate I rate 8/8.
>>
>>1275194
12 years trying to get this shit and you still manage to get around, don't you?
It doesn't sound that necessary then
>Also
Fucking christ, 12 years, anon
12 fucking years
One more year and I finnish my masters degree, if everything goes well I get a PhD 3 years from then
4 years in uni, 2 in masters, 3 for PhD
9 years for someone to qualify as PhD and in TWELVE YEARS YOU CAN'T GET A DRIVER'S LICENSE?
Seriously, how?
>>
File: 1526240744029.jpg (296 KB, 1200x1047)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
I discovered I'm unable to chill when I'm riding my bike by myself
I always try to run as fast as I can, even if that means putting myself in danger and mindlessly going through red lights and I actually enjoy it a lot, this feeling of "almost getting hit" in an intersection but managing to get away depending solely on my legs, or swerving around a car that closes my path etc
At least I never put others in danger (I stop for pedestrians and stuff)
>>
>>1275402
a car swerves for your dumbass and they hit a bus full of passengers or some pedestrians on the sidewalk.
real smooth anon, for your fun not following traffic laws youre not only putting others in danger but also making cagers hate all bikers,
fuck you.
>>
>>1275194
Tell me anon, what's causing you to fail the driving test? Surely it's something you can correct I hope.
>>
don't know what pisses me of more, single cyclist that doesn't follow the rules or group of cyclists that do but congest due to size.
>>
File: Conductor Anne Frank.png (747 KB, 768x1162)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
>>1273495

I fantasize about having sex with a nine month pregnant Anne Frank while riding in a Pullman sleeper through the sleepy towns of dear old Virginia.
>>
>>1273495
People post on here for things like buses, bikes, and passenger planes. I only know /n/ related things like logistics.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.