[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Let's talk about the best cycling forums. Each one has a unique flavor.. I'm sure to miss a few

1. Bikeforums: huge userbase, and often source of the worst advice available. Completely redeemed by classic & vintage forum where the level of knowledge is sometimes unbelievable. Several other forums such as touring and commuting are also great
>>
2. MTBR.com: some of the most bro posts I've ever read. Everyone is chilling hard 24/7 and very friendly. I'm going to buy a mountain bike just to have something to talk about there
>>
3. Tarck bike: ex fixie hipsters turned their interest to boutique bike parts and "statement bikes" I'll call them. Extremely high mechanical knowledge, forum full of mechanics and guys willing to spend huge percent of their money and time building bikes. Also pretty mean but in a good way, unlike boomers arguing on bikeforums. Probably the biggest direct influence on the aesthetics of the bike industry via trickle down influence on hipster brands and "influencers", at least when you consider their small size
>>
4. Velocipede Salon: sort of like tarck but everyone is old and sometimes Richard Sachs shows up to post "atmo" and it seems like everyone is nearly comatose on warm feelings thus little drama and excitement to be found. Good and bad. Unfortunately everyone seems to ride $3,000 boutique bikes so it is intimidating. Tarck at least loves hipsters beater bikes
>>
5. Ratrodbikes: probably the most underrated bike forum out there. At the crossroads of alt bikes, cruisers, muscle bikes... Full of slow moving custom klunkers and stuff like that. I think an uncited influence on the new klunkers bars every company is rolling out, as well as designing from companies like sklar. Some very accomplished builders making slow ass cruiser bikes and others specializing in cheap ass cruiser parts. Refreshing when compared to something like tarck or velocipede salon because nobody gives a fuck about mileage or component quality
>>
6. Weight Weenies at starbike: Frequently insane, a hobby within a hobby. With exploring for a minute and even following some of their advice, like using veloplugs to lighten your wheels and whatever. Some interesting info posts from extremely technical engineer-type cyclists (you know the type)
>>
7. /n/ mean shithole where very little useful information is exchanged, but also the only forum where everyone isn't a acting like a fagget 24/7
>>
8. Retrobike UK: Probably the source of the resurgence of 80s/90s MTB. #1 place to find info on obscure vintage mtb stuff and sell shit afaik. Seems like a friendly place
>>
9. LGFSS: fixed and single speed discussion. Best source of non-judgemental info for fixie stuff. Reminds me of retrobike so maybe it's just British posting style creating the vibe
>>
10. Roadbikereview "gotta go fast" the forum. Extremely caffeinated and dull, so you know they're real roadies there
>>
Where’s the best place to talk about gravel? I’m putting together a cx bike for next season and want to see what all the fuss is about now that I’ll have something appropriate for those type of roads.
>>
>>1271990
Oh, probably Ridinggravel.com forums -- it moves slowly there but you'll have replies from Guitar Ted and his partner, those guys who put gravel on the map. They have personally tested tons of equipment, managed gravel events, and Ted even designed a gravel bike (Raliegh Tamland)
>>
File: woodsy klunk.jpg (167 KB, 960x720)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>1271960
Ratrod build-off contests every year really bring out the cool bikes, plus Steve who started and hosts the site is good dude that rides and builds klunkers himself. Lots of good advice for anyone building/rehabbing a klunker or cruiser and great source for other bike hoarders selling and swapping vintage bikes and parts.
>>
The best one is /n/
>>
>>1272114
/n/ is a train forum though.
>>
>>1272030
I'm seriously scheming about a fixed gear cruiser with a triple tree fork in ratrodbikes style now. It's really freeing to drop the utility pretense and weight concerns and just build cool looking weird bikes
>>
Pinkbike?
>>
File: Skiptooth Western Flyer.jpg (1.16 MB, 3264x2448)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>1272126
Do it! You'll be pleasantly surprised how versatile the klunkers/cruisers are, I thought mine would only be good for flatland slowpoke rides, but I take them on trails and singletrack all the time, get lots of thumbs up and funny looks from the mtb'ers and cyclocross riders. This beast weighs in at about 60 lbs fully loaded with gear and I ride it more offroad than anything else, plus when you get back on a bike with gears you totally crush it.
>>
>>1272123
Shut the fuck of you fucking faggot
>>
Bentrideronline.com
>>
9001 r/bicycling

Do you rank any biking subreddits? There's an awful lot.
>>
File: Foto1693.jpg (680 KB, 2048x1536)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
could someone guide me?
im into training and racing (raod bikes were speaking here). what would be a good forum to read/share info? someplace to discuss training habits, routines, race gear, etc, etc

thaaaaaaaaaanks
>>
>>1272341
We used to have training generals here that I thought were decent but those have kinda disappeared.
>>
>>1272327
seriously why we pigeon-toeing around the issue, r/velo and r/peloton are the best in my opinion
>>
>>1272191
People who only ride park. Typical poster is underage. They can do huge jumps and drops but struggle with bike control basics like cornering (without a berm) and riding rugged technical terrain. Can typically be out seen pushing climbs that an average boomer rides up for laps.
>>
>>1272344
We don't talk about R*ddit.
>>
>>1272223
That fucking rules.

I'm already pricing these triple tree forks... They look totally adjustable and finally make it possible to get disc brakes on a 1" steerer tube without using that crap nashbar carbon/alumnium fork... Unfortunately spent a ton on bike stuff this winter already so I need to go slow on this one
>>
>>1272341
I bet there are strava forums for that sort of thing but not my area of interest
>>
>>1272378
you dont.

grow up
>>
>>1272327
r/bikecommuting is nice for beginners
r/cycling is nice too
>>
>>1272249
Trains have no cager """"problem"""", git gud
>>
>>1271962
>7. /n/ mean shithole where very little useful information is exchanged, but also the only forum where everyone isn't a acting like a fagget 24/7
In other words: /n/ is pretty useless, and I agree. The only reason I hang out here is it needs no real 'investment' in time or energy and I can say whatever the fuck I want with no consequences. I do feel bad for the 1 or 2 other more serious cyclists that hang out here, but I have no sympathy for the haters.
>>
>>1271966
>10. Roadbikereview "gotta go fast" the forum. Extremely caffeinated and dull, so you know they're real roadies there
Asshole.
>>
>>1272412

I kid ;)
upboat to you
>>
I would like to find some European forums. But there are some nice British cycling blogs or online versions of magazines.
>>
While we're on the subject, does anyone happen to be a member of cyclingtorrents.nl?
>>
RBWOB/BOB - Tarck/Velocipede for olds. Occasional massive spergouts as only grandpa can. Lots of Grantposting. If your saddle is higher than your handlebars, you don't really belong.
>>
Any unicycle bros here ? Got a 20" regular and a 20" 5ft giraffe
>>
>>1272438
oh yeah... iBob... lol.... they're pretty good for 650b info for oldbike conversions and stuff... sketchy taking advice though. I bought the rivendell upright bars and hate them so much

>>1272425
LFGSS and Retrobike are both euro, might be a good place to start
>>
>>1272434
I'm seconding this query.
>>
>>1271954
>singlespeed fatbike
>>
>>1272566
I've been looking for a way in for ages, they don't seem to recruit anywhere.
>>
>>1272434
>>1272566
>>1272802
please tell me more about this super sekret underground private dutch cycling forum
>>
>>1272805
It's a torrent tracker for bicycle related content, very small and tight community.
>>
>>1272344
True

The others just feel like a place where 5 mile rides are applauded
>>
File: YOvYlRY.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>1272341
r/velo
>>
>>1272434
Klinkt cool makker
>>
File: 1546974059129.jpg (529 KB, 838x1200)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
I don't know if it counts, but here's also this:
https://bicycles.stackexchange.com
>>
>>1275506
Oh yeah. It's like Reddit but the IQ is 110 web developer instead of 95 stoner bro

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.