[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: win-ref-4.jpg (161 KB, 1204x776)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
what does /n/ wear when riding?
I dont think i could ever bring myself to wear faggy stuff like this. But i dont race.
>>
>>1259648
I wear faggy stuff like that because I do race.
>>
>>1259648
depends on how much i'm going to sweat. jeans/tshirt/flannel if its coolish. rapha stuff that looks like regular clothes if its hot. i don't race, so i see no need to larp in traditional lycra.
>>
Usually just some non-restrictive shorts with a drawstring, and a t-shirt.
If it's colder, a merino or poly thermal layer
If it's colder, a thin windproof layer as well
then leggings & gloves
then a neck muff & more layered merino thermals

I mostly ride for 30-120 minutes and it's reasonably comfy for that.

Lycra is amazing though
>>
>>1259648
I wear faggy stuff like that for my 20-minute commute :^)
>>
>>1259648
i ride for transportatio/n/ so just my normal clothes for whatever the weather is doing.
if I rode for training or long pleasure rides I'd probably make some concessions towards more faggy stuff I suppose.
>>
File: 70s based mtbers.jpg (577 KB, 1920x1080)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
>>1259648
>70s mtb aesthetic for modern city and road cruisin
>feels rad af
>>
>>1259689
So you wear jeans and a shirt? Epic.
>>
>>1259648
OP, if you're not going to use cycling-specific clothing to ride, why do you even care what anyone else wears? Just wear whatever and don't waste a thread on this, or at least use the general thread instead. Nobody cares what you wear either.
>>
>>1259648
On a completely unrelated note, what's your BMI?
>>
For leisure riding, full faggot attire
For food delivery, bibs under jogging shorts and a non-skintight jersey
For casual short rides, anything.
>>
>>1259714
Last year I woke up in the ER and one of my minor diagnosis was insufficient body fat%, single digits of I remember correctly. Low enough to start having hormonal and health problems. I was like 125lbs at 5'6" biking like 25-50 miles a day, 4 days a week, shit sucked. Had to force myself to eat and gain 25lbs to be healthy but last year I felt fast as shit at 125lbs and can throw down 1.6kw peak and 250ish ftp. Now I'm 150 and feel so chunky and slow but at least I'm not starving all day, everyday.
>>
>>1259714
18.5, FTP is 370w, I could be on a pro team but I’d rather deliver sandwiches
>>
File: 5615615685749.jpg (22 KB, 702x394)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1259737
A lot of pros aren't 'that' fast if you remove the world class gear and efficiencies from riding middle of the pack. I think a few long time deliver riders are some of the fastest on the street.
>>
>>1259738
Yeah I know, it really doesn’t take that much to go pro honestly. Cycling has got to be one of the easiest sports there is, you could throw together a team of NYC messengers and steamroll the TdF.
>>
>>1259648
Depends verry much on my ride:
>summer, roadbike
cycling shorts and jersey, sometimes no jersey.
>MTB
Cycling shorts and T-shirt, maybe shorts over the cycling shorts
>commute
Jeans and T-shirt/sweater
>winter riding
Multiple layers and motorcycle-gloves
>>
>>1259742
They should do that. I'd like to see that.
>>
>>1259738
I want to see the bike messenger keep up for the entire stage
>>
>>1259659
you do you
>>
>>1259703
>waste a thread on a board that moves slower than /ck/
>>
>>1259714
op here. not really sure but ive lost a fuck ton of weight over the past few years
>>
>>1259742
maybe the barrier regarding entry into the pro scene is less about physical condition and gear and more about networking and team dynamics. Just like other non-cycling sports. The money involved to get your foot into the door is so high, I doubt any couriers could afford it without real contracts and sponsorships really.
>>1259748
I'd watch just to see the outcome
>inb4 UCI bans couriers
>>1259749
I think TdF tier distances is the humble couriers' weakness due to poor diet and teamwork to properly conserve/attack at the right times. I see couriers doing quite well in the Velodrome instead of the Peloton.
>>
>>1259716
>For leisure riding, full faggot attire
>For food delivery, bibs under jogging shorts and a non-skintight jersey
>For casual short rides, anything.
This is a perfect example of advice you should completely ignore.
>>
non bib chamois shorts
yellow and black short sleeve tall mens jersey

if cold:
add baselayer bottoms
baselayer top
cycing jacket (really just a running jacket)
glove liners under cycling gloves
skull cap under helmet
one of those neck foreskin things you pull up over your mouth when it gets cold.

I don't find the cycling outfit very restricting or revealing. Didn't any of you guys ever play football, rugby or wrestle?
>>
>>1259659
where does one draw the line for this

I used to ride about 10-15 minutes each way in normal clothes and the pants wore down on the butt in what felt like weeks.

These days I'm doing ~40 minutes each way and I'd rather not get there in sweaty slacks (or wear them out early), so I'm going to be changing. And if I'm going to be changing, what else but lycra?
>>
File: sprint pants.jpg (200 KB, 2000x1360)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>1259648
>what does /n/ wear when riding?
something like this and a tee or woolie base+flannel
>>
>>1259822
How come?
>>
>>1259848
You don't wear ANYTHING under cycling shorts, it literally defeats the purpose and function of them.
A non-skintight jersey doesn't wick sweat away from your body therefore you just stew in stale sweat and never get any cooling.
You should not wear jeans and shit like that to ride, ever, unless you enjoy saddle sores on your crotch from friction and sweat accumulation.
Whoever that guy is, he has no fucking idea what he's doing.
>>
>>1259922
they didn't say they wore anything under the bibs. they said bibs go under running shorts.

i wear jeans for casual/commute, never had a saddle sore in years of riding. enjoy your autism costumes.
>>
You can wear literally anything for jackass slow durdles that 95% of this board typically does. It’s like asking what specialty clothing you wear to walk down the block. Fucking stupid.
>>
File: Race Walkers.jpg (92 KB, 1136x640)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1259931
https://youtu.be/R-AHk19aU24
>>
>>1259936
That show was terrible why would you admit to watching it
>>
File: what i wear.png (331 KB, 764x532)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
Pic attached. I live in Cali.
>>
>>1259922
I said bibs under shorts
A loose jersey wicks sweat just fine, it's not like I'm wearing a jersey two sizes too big, just a loose fit
And come the fuck on, do you put on your full kit to ride 2km to a party or something?
In any case I was just answering OP's question, not offering advice.
>>
>>1259941
I think this is the first time I see someone say they don't like MitM
>>
Teamkit, especially since I live about an hours ride away from where we are based, so looks like I'm on a pretty decent ride even if I'm only doing hill repeats.
>>
>>1259971
This, anon is a zoomer too young for gud taste or too dumb to relate.
>>
>>1259957
$50 says you're a coffee snob
>>
>>1260009
>t-shirt instead of jersey
>coffee snob
Damn the bar get lower every year don’t it
>>
>>1260010
It's the tiny hat
>>
>>1260012
A cheap piece of useful cycling attire? My last statement stands.
>>
>>1260018
your mom is useful
>>
>>1260020
Your posting is not
>>
>>1260024
your mom's posting is not
>>
>>1259957
what brand of flappy cappy is that? I could only find a camo one in time for cold weather riding this year.
>>
>>1260012
girls look QT in cycling caps and only guys with tiny narrow heads look good in cycling caps. I look like Kent Dorfman in Animal House in one.
>>
Lycra and a skin tight jersey but I cut a hole in the chamois and pull my dick out during Critical Mass Rides.
>>
>>1259936
That fat guy on the bench.
>>
>>1260102
Legit LOL'd in public.
>>
>>1259941
Never watched that show, other than that single episode. That episode was pretty funny, making fun of Freds.

Also, not >>1259936
>>
File: zvtmjm.jpg (44 KB, 620x620)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
> Not wearing this, like an unashamed man
Faggots
>>
>>1261122
To make this /n/ related; there was a guy in Austin, TX for whom a thong was cycling clothing.

(Also, Clothes to Pose is quality stuff. Nice swimsuits that don't show mooseknuckle, and sling thongs in colors other than Borat lime.9
>>
>>1259648
Basketball shorts, wife beater and whatever shoes I have on at the time. In winter I add jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie.
>>
>>1261575
Enjoy your INFECTED SADDLE SORES
..oh, sorry, forgot: guys like you don't go very far or very fast, on your fatbikes with a tractor-seat-sized saddle with 6 inches of gel padding on it.
>down to the convenience store 1 mile away and back for a 2-liter diet coke is as far as you ride at a time
>>
>>1261575
straight busta
>>
>>1259742
>>1259738
>>1259737
god you are retarded
>>
>>1261920
>replying to bait
>>
>>1261920
They are right. It's like the drunk guy who thinks he could play better football at the bar when watching a match
>>
>>1259737
Okay faggot, now that you've told us your FTP, tell us your BODYWEIGHT.

Also your FTP, just like your VO2max, doesn't really mean shit, it's your muscular endurance that really means anything. and oh by the way if you're a fatass (which I highly suspect) then IDGAF about your goddamned FTP, you'll still get dropped every single time on climbs, which means you would LOSE every single time, and even someone with a high FTP and long muscular endurance is still slow on the flat and will LOSE even a TT to someone lighter.
>t. delusional messenger types who think they can 'go pro' if they want
If you still want to try to refute the above then by all means go sign up on a one-day license for a Cat-5 road race with climbing next year in February and be sure to report back to us on how you got your ass handed to you.

..or tell you what, Slick, try this Strava segment if you think you're such a badass: https://www.strava.com/segments/684946

>>1261920
Yeah no shit

>>1261929
Are you new to /n/? It's just as likely not bait, there are delusionals like that here all the time.
>>
File: hard.png (104 KB, 767x768)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>1262093
Imagine being this dumb AND mad
>>
>>1262093
I told you my bmi is 18.5, still think I’m fat? You must be mad someone on the internet is stronger and faster than you. Get rekt kid, I’m sure those zipp 404s are really helping you out in those pack finishes. Next time I’m out on the west coast I’ll be sure to let you know so you can sniff my ass all ride.
>>
>>1259738
No pros aren't that much faster than your average semi fit commuter, a lot of people like to overstate how fast they supposedly are, it's the fact that they can keep the pace for 10 times longer than the average rider that makes them pro athletes.
>>
>>1262116
>being this mad
yep u confirmed 4 full of shit
>>
>>1262116
he's right 18.5 is fat for someone who claims to be as good as a pro. post your 40km time fatfuck
>>
File: 1451090387558.gif (2.77 MB, 480x360)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB GIF
>>1262156
>asking for more bait
why are you so hungry
>>
leggings and cute little panties underneath ;)
>>
Voler skinsuit
>>
>>1259648
>I dont think i could ever bring myself to wear faggy stuff like this.
Eventually, as you get more experienced with cycling, you'll likely start going further distances, and eventually you'l get saddle sours that make you ask yourself "is this what ass-cancer feels like?" and you'll buy some shorts.

It only spirals from there.
>>
Since I moved into my van I had to ditch all my roadie gear, which is what I’d prefer to wear. Even mountain biking, I don’t know why mtb’ers are so averse to Lycra.

Today I went on a 2 hour gravel ride in jeans and a long sleeve T. It’s chilly out and in a way it’s really optimal, without fussing with lycra.
>>
>>1263740
Lycra tears easily.
>>
>>1264139
Stop crashing so much if that’s an issue
>>
>>1264140
Then you arent really getting better on your mtb
>>
>>1264159
This is true, you gotta crash at least a dozen times, even more in races, if you’re gonna get anywhere
>>
>>1264159
>>1264160
>being the guy everyone say to look out for because you cause crashes
Keep that up and the officials will suspend your race license. Nobody wants to race with someone who is dangerous to be around.
>>
>>1264181
>Implying anyone can be expected to be immune to crashing at any point
If you're so averse to crashing in order to keep your fetishwear intact, everyone who has been improving their skills in the meanwhile is going to outpace you immediately.
>>
>>1264457
>in order to keep your fetishwear intact
Are you literally retarded? You must be.
>>
>>1264474
Says the guy who thinks he can develop a competitive MTB skill set without crashing.
>>
>>1264752
>MTB
I have zero interest in riding mountainbikes so why should I care? Also I'm sure you don't actually race (with your buddies doesn't count, official races only plz) so what are you even talking about?
>>
>>1264139
Eh, I’ve had my share of busted up Lycra both on road and off, but I think road rash through Lycra happens more often than on dirt. I got annoyed wearing baggy mtb clothes that got snagged on branches back when I lived in the east.

These days it’s just shorts and a cotton t for me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.