[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Any Unpopular Opinions About Music?
>>
yeah, it sucks
>>
it's good actually
>>
ITAOTS sucks
>>
Simpler music is usually better music, up to a point
>>
Tone Loc’s Loc’ed After Dark is both a nostalgic guilty pleasure (skipping the 2 obvious tracks) and unironically pretty damn good. Cheeba Cheeba in particular.
There you go, now discuss that, you cunts
>>
bass is an obsolete instrument and most rock bands would be better served if they replaced if with a synth.
>>
i really hate the voices of:
bowie
beetle 1 and beetle 2
roland s howard
>>
>>88344468
>bass is an obsolete instrument
sort of
>rock bands would be better served if they replaced if with a synth
literally the worst instrument you could have chosen
>>
sampling is a crutch
>>
>>88344415
This. Especially in songwriting and lyrical music.
Thematic complexity > musical complexity
Not that I don't enjoy some high-dexterity music every now and then.
>>
>>88344588
sampling is an inevitable consequence of recorded music culture. its a desired consequence, even.
>>
>>88344324
Prince's music has unclicked for me
>>
>>88344588
This is an unpopular opinion for good reason.
>>
>>88344588
For 99 percent of producers it is, especially today when every other 16 year old is a "producer" on his shitty laptop and just adds high hats over someone else's melody.
>>
plagiarism is necessary to create new things
>>
Tool is garbage and the only people that enjoy them are metaltards who only listen to metal.
>>
>>88344415
>>
"indie" or "low-fi" are the worst fucking terms to happen to the industry in a long time. 90% of all releases that freely describe themselves using these buzzwords are boring dreck.
Also house, techno, hardcore, and all associated genres are not music.
>>
>>88344324
It's good! Don't quit!
>>
>>88344874
Tool is garbage yes, but saying that only metal fans listen to them is objectively false.
Most people who listen to Tool are teens and/or stoners who also listen to Pink Floyd, Sublime, etc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.