[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Five Man Pink Floyd 1.jpg (86 KB, 832x960)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
From 1967-1980, do you think they got better or got worse?
>>
idk are we talking about music here, i'll have you know I've been on mu ever since 2016, newfag
>>
Way worse, imo they didn't really make anything of value after Atom Heart. That was the last time an album of theirs had some surprises for me at least. After that their stuff became very predictable boring soft rock, and what really bugs me is that they got a lot more po-faced and "serious," their artwork and music kind of implied that you were listening to some super deep and meaningful, when in ultimately their actual music very rarely goes beyond synthy soft rock. For a band that seemingly wanted to explore lyrical concepts that were supposed to be really meaningful and deep, they became ridiculously boring in terms of musical adventurousness, smoothing everything over to a sterile sheen, draining all the blood and excitement from their albums. I can't sit through any of their "classics" like Dark Side, WYWH, Animals, and ESPECIALLY the Wall without getting very bored at some point... I think Piper remains their best, it's a brilliant album
>>
idk bruh I was born in 1999 LMAOO
>>
Psychedelic Floyd>the rest
>>
>>86504913
Remained quality until 1972, when they took a nosedive into mediocrity.
>>
i dont know ive never met any of them personally
>>
I believe Echoes is peak Pink Floyd, they started great then there was a kinda limbo state of trying to find their new sound post-syd, which resulted in great experimentation and some great pieces, but I believe that 70/71-74 was their best period, judging also by their bootlegs
>>
I think overall they got better (arguably) through that period. Syd was a wonderful seed that sprouted a great band and some unprecedented creativity, but I'm glad he peeled-off early. His musical sensibilities were 100% a product of his time and it just doesn't age well at all. In the big picture he's pretty pleb-tier. Post 1980 (well, post-The Final Cut imho) they became shitter than ever. Basically if Enya was a fat man.
>>
>>86505448
>His musical sensibilities were 100% a product of his time and it just doesn't age well at all.
Rly? How many "fuck all of you" songs like Jugband Blues where made at the time? Or what other artists where screaming their raw feelings like he did in Dark Globe? And dont get me started on Late Night.
Syds music aged better than 80% of PFs discography
>>
>there are memers who claim that Pink Floyd did anything of worth after Saucerful
Go back to listening to Transformer "ironically" and leave actual appreciation for intelligent music to the real fans
>>
>>86505983
>Ive got a bike you can ride it if you like
vs.
How I wish, how I wish you were here
ya whos the real memer
>>
>>86505023
Amen! They peaked with Syd
>>
>>86504913
I don't know but I wish Barrett didn't get into music. Pink Floyd is not a good enough band and his songwriting career wasn't long enough to justify the fact that the man's life was effectively stolen from him due to drug abuse that he never would have fucked with if he just took up a working class job. Poor guy.
>>
>>86507254
Imagine being this much of a brainlet
>>
>>86507979
Pink Floyd were enormously influential though
>>
>>86504913
lol who are these people...... bruh
>>
>>86508681
t. zoomer

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.