[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: manson.jpg (52 KB, 980x653)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
New album when? Heaven Upside Down was his best in years IMO. I'm pretty pumped.
>>
Marilyn Manson is garbage and his only fans are boomers and arthoes who dress goth
>>
File: 1545450342009.jpg (120 KB, 645x773)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>86500181
Why do you do this?
>>
Reddit seems to think he's about to get metoo'd. Can't say I would be surprised. Manson was my everything at 15 but his mind seems to have been wasted on drugs and absinthe. I'm not expecting anything more from him but I'll always listen for nostalgia's sake. Should have been shot on stage during the Holywood era and he would be a legend
>>
>>86500263
I agree for the most part (not sure about the reddit shit though, I don't touch that stuff). I was disappointed with Manson's new material year after year, but Heaven Upside Down hit at a very important time for me and I honestly think it's the best thing he's released since Eat Me, Drink Me or maybe even The Golden Age of Grotesque. If you asked me after Pale Emperor if I was excited for his next record, I would have said no. But after Heaven Upside Down, I patiently await his next project and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Nostalgia is definitely a very large factor, though, I'll admit that.
>>
>>86500403

Look... I'm a Manson stan at heart so I will defend all of it but after Holy Wood there was a major drop in quality. Golden Age seems to show some effort but the absence of Twiggy changes everything. His songwriting with Manson was much more original. Everything went downhill from there... There's no sense of purpose or direction with any of his records from that point forward. Women and drugs destroyed his passion. It's just a job from him now. The last two records were decent but that connection to something deeper has been gone for a long time. Would be cool to see him sober and using his wit again.
>>
File: smugdoge.jpg (18 KB, 500x500)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>86500137
>being this much of a pleb
>>
>>86500137
He just need to grow a beard honestly. He's going to end up looking like robert smith at this rate.
>>
>>86500511
I don't keep up with celebrities or anything, but just judging from the bits and pieces of Manson I've seen over the past few years I think he's sobered up a bit. I'm not saying he's clean or anything like that, but I think he's quit doing some of the harder drugs he was doing and I think that's why Heaven Upside Down was exceptionally good compared to his last several albums. Another reason I think he's doing less drugs nowadays is just how he looks. He had always been very thin, and I think that's because he was doing a fuckload of drugs for pretty much his entire life. Now he's starting to gain weight and my theory is that while he was doing loads of drugs he never had to learn proper eating habits or anything like that because the drugs kept him thin, but assuming he's chilled out on the drug shit recently that would explain why he's gaining weight. Just my theory, though, I'm no expert on drugs or anything.
>>
>>86500137
without tront he's nothing
>>
I can get enjoyment out of some of the old Manson music, but overall I can't stand the guy and Golden Age Of Grotesque was such a cringefest that I decided to never check out his music again

>>86500567
He needs to just have long hair again and cut out the 00's goth lesbian hairdonts
>>
>>86500593

Nah that gut is from being a alcoholic. He's prob slowed up on the coke and strictly on a drinking binge. The past few years he has been somewhat more coherent but he's still sloppy as fuck.

I would love to see Manson follow Twiggy's rapey ass and become a Star Wars-lovin' sober Buddhist just to see what happens
>>
>>86500137
Heaven Upside Down was incoherent, sloppy and boring. This sums up pretty much any of his post-Holy Wood material. I will say I enjoyed Eat Me, Drink Me and The Pale Emperor, but only those 2 records. The Golden Age of Grotesque while having some nice music is a drastic decline lyrically, The High End of Low is probably the worst album Manson's ever came out with musically and lyrically, Born Villain is almost as bad and so is Heaven Upside Down.
>>
>>86500614

Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood prove this theory is incorrect... though I would love to see both boys hook up again as old sober bros and maybe Trunt could produce Manson's version of aWitha Teetha
>>
>>86500667

I also enjoy Eat Me Drink Me and wish that record had been more embraced by the fans. The High End of Low could have been great with some editing and a proper producer. Born Villain should have never been released.
>>
>>86500263
Oh how I agree

Manson is just one of those. Same with Eminem. Get murdered at the peak of your edge and go down a legend. Spare us from the embarrassing decline
>>
Why do people still listen to this fuck? He's such an absolute joke. There's no 'good era' for his catalog, it's all wince-worthy edgy garbage for people who think being an atheist or nihilist is still groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination. If you take out anyone who was ever offended by his work, it depletes all the value from anything he's ever done. Take those people out of the equation and you just have a sorry sack of shit with identity issues fucking himself on stage and obsessing over a book he claims to not take seriously.
>>
>>86500944

In '96 when your 11 years old, this was actually a great part of childhood. Wouldn't trade it
>>
>>86500944
Eh, I don't blame you for the hate as I hate him too, but I give credit where it's due, he did have a handful of pretty good, simplistic, hard driving rock for the time that wasn't also nu-metal over the span of his earlier albums, if you can ignore his pretentious "messages".
>>
>>86500970
Well yeah I loved him when i was a kid like anyone else, but then I grew up. I'm not even that old, I'm twenty and there are like thirty-plus year old dudes listening to him and still thinking they're rebellious in any way, toward what I don't know (and I don't think they do either).
>>
>>86500944
Fuck you, Portrait is a good album.
>>
>>86500944
>take away context from something and it's not as impressive
whoa...
>>
>>86501066

Yea that is weird. It sucks that he didn't age gracefully the same way Trent has.
>>
>>86501127
Nah there are bands that were culturally significant and had a lot of context to their music but not to the point where the context is their music's life support, that's the thing about basing your music purely on shock value and not actually being innovative: it's shallow, and it shows in later years whereas with a genuinely unique/groundbreaking artist the music carries /itself/ without the need of some over-the-top image.
>>
>>86501337
the context we're talking about wouldn't be there without the music itself
>>
File: Pig - Risen.jpg (378 KB, 1134x1134)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
Fuck fatson
>>
dude kabballah and satan lmao
>>
>>86501478
Fuck tront
>>
File: 1518256076591.jpg (128 KB, 1378x1393)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Dude, poop. Poop.
>>
File: Hide - Castration Anxiety.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1198)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>86501531
Fuck skinny dig
>>
>>86501571
based logposter
>>
File: a2068257226_10.jpg (353 KB, 1200x1200)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>86501575
Fuck downlo- wait!
>>
>>86501571
big kek

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.