[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

give me one (1) reason why Odd Future aren't the best hip-hop collective/group EVER
>>
>>85225876
because they collectively suck ass
>>
>>85225898
prove it
>>
>>85225898
This.
>>
>>85225948
prove it nigga
>>
>>85225917
Earl makes decent decent music, some rap songs was great. Tyler is okay, has made good shit in the past. The others are literal nobodies, only other one that is half decent was hodgy and it's been years since he's put out anything worth a damn. there are some decent individuals in the group. show me one song that they do as a group that makes them the best anything
>>
>>85226072
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPetFb6MlSY
>>
>>85225898
FPBP
>>
File: 1449979194214.jpg (20 KB, 210x180)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>85226098
>It's trash
what surprise
>>
they aren't Wu-Tang is why
>>
Because Raider Klan was a thing at the same time.
>>
>>85225898
based

individually i like a lot of them but as a collective they have never released a good mixtape or record, oldie is a banger tho.
Also theyre not wu tang
>>
>>85226321
>Radical
>>
They probably ruined skating culture forever
>>
>>85226331
its not bad but its far from good
>>
>>85226338
in what way? they are pretty much a product of it more than they are an influence on it. the hypebeast "squad" image over sport type of thing existed is what they sprung out of not what they created
>>
>>85226338
this
theyre almost single-handedly the reason for supreme being what it is but it could be worse
hopsin could represent skateboarding in hip hop
>>
>>85225876
because they aren't dipset
>>
>>85225876
the respective individual projects of everyone involved with odd future are better than their work as a collective
>>
>>85226541
also tyler was responsible for all the aesthetic stuff people liked about odd future in the first place so there isn't really anything you can get from OF that you can't get from his solo career
>>
of all of them, only 2 or 3 are actually listenable. and only a few tracks from em are actually good.
>>
>>85225876
Because :
>Pro Era
>Outkast
>Three Six Mafia

Exist.
>>
Not Native Tongues or Soulquarians.
>>
cause atcq exists
>>
>>85226624
throw in ATCQ too
>>
people in this thread pretending Radical wasn't the greatest hip-hop mixtape of all time

kek
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 220x220)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>85226712
okay retard now go back to twitter
>>
>>85226738
>liking meme grips
>>
>>85226637
>Soulquarians

I feel like nobody knew about the influence they had as a collective. They were like a conglomerate of collectives like Black Star, The Ummah, and The Roots. Even on backpacker forums back in the day I don't remember seeing them mentioned as a collective very often.

There would also be sort of weird instances where Dilla completely did the Got Til It's Gone beat, but "The Ummah" would be the production credits.

If they count, they pretty much influenced like 15 years of music and virtually everything that would be considered "underground" back then.
>>
>>85226771
>acting like 90% of odd futures success wasnt from tyler being a living meme
>>
>>85226879
Odd Future was successful because of Yonkers
>>
>>85225876
Are we ever going to get a reunion or is Tyler and Earl too far gone up their asses to ever appreciate their old sound? They turned into such douchebags.
>>
>>85226098
wow beastie boys sample looped for 7 minutes with some shit tier parody rap over it
>suicide watch nigga... kill yourself

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.