[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: WAIFU_WARS.png (1.11 MB, 1200x2700)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>What is this?
EWE is the next form of Waifu Wars. Instead of doing 4 leagues a year, we do a (mostly) weekly show with titles, feuds, and more characters involved. For those that don't know what WW is, we do simulated wrestling matches of MLP Characters on a wrestling game called Fire Pro World.

>Really?
Yes really, I enjoy having fun with it and doing it more often and actually doing more things sounded like a plus, so that's why the format has changed.

>What replaces the League winners?
Formerly the WW crowned 4 league winners, two elites and two babbies. Now the EWE employs several titles that the characters can fight for. Right now we have the Best Waifu Title, which is our top title, and is currently being determined in a 16 character tournament, consisting of all that would've been in the next Elites League.

>When/Where do you do shows?
Sundays at around 2PM Central is our Preshow(Which is currently making Yona the best Junior Heavyweight in New Japan Pro Wrestling), then at 3, we do the league at Twitch, at https://derpy.me/daVFb.

>Why did you make a thread?
To keep people informed, I guess. I got asked why there wasn't one, and I thought it wasn't needed, but if someone wants one, sure. Though I feel like we do things on too regular a basis now for it, so if it does get canned by mods and such, we'll not make another one.
>>
We've started with the preshow to EWE right now, actual show starts at the next hour.

Stream at https://derpy.me/daVFb

Derpy Hooves vs Ember

Bon Bon and Lyra vs Autumn Blaze and Zecora

Aria Blaze vs Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash vs Spitfire

Quarterfinals:
Sonata Dusk vs Trixie Lulamoon
Vinyl Scratch vs Berry Punch
Princess Celestia vs Rarity
Princess Cadence vs Treehugger
>>
>>34911451
RIP Waifu Wars
Long live Equestrian Wrestling Entertainment

>Quarterfinals
oh boy
Gonna go with:
Trixie
Berry Punch
Rarity
Princess Cadence
>>
>>34911771
So 50/50...
Still better than my usuall predictions
>>
>>34911912
At least you didn't go 0-4.
But I don't think anyone could, unless you were a madman that took Sonata.
>>
SPOILERED RESULTS:
Derpy Hooves defeats Ember in 21:04 via KO with a Critical Swanton.

Autumn Blaze and Zecora defeat Bon Bon and Lyra in 24:04 after Autumn Blaze pinned Bon Bon with a Stunner.

Fluttershy defeats Aria Blaze in 13:20 with the LeBell Lock.

Rainbow Dash defeats Spitfire in 12:26 with Go To Sleep. Gilda ran in and helped Dash attack Spitfire, probably turning Dash heel.

Quarterfinals:
Trixie Lulamoon defeats Sonata Dusk in 8:07 after a Concussion Syndrome.
Vinyl Scratch defeats Berry Punch in 9:57 after a Canadian Destroyer.
Rarity defeats Princess Celestia in 9:30 with a Rollup.
Treehugger defeats Princess Cadence in 11:29 after a Standing Moonsault
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueD-kdUyvpk
Show's uploaded.
>>
>>34912303
Nice
Betting on Trixie Rarity final
>>
>>34913824
We'll see, there's only two matches of the tournament for next week to get to the finals.

Which means I have to make SIX non-tourney matches.

Muhahahahaha.
>>
Final Four.
Trixie vs Vinyl
Rarity vs Treehugger

It's going to be fun.
>>
>>34913943
You laugh now but after a few weekends I wish you good luck coming up with new pairings without doing the ones done to death.

>>34914824
Can't wait!
>>
Trixie's couch here. are the old type tournaments over and this is replacing them? there was something special I was working on for the next tournament, so if those are gone I'd like to use it for the new thing
>>
>>34914846
I mean we have a number of waifus, and a lot of possible combinations. You won't see like... the same things as often as you would in a league.

>>34914947
Yes, and yes.
>>
Also.
Dash turning heel is a little expected, or maybe that's just because Spitfire's her boss and she wants to be her own boss, I don't know.
>>
>>34914947
Also, I just noticed you wrote Couch.

Heh.

Anyways, something something, pretty sure Adagio vs Shy is going to happen this time.

I'm still working over the card.
>>
page 9 bump
>>
>>34916880
>>34917511
What's the plan? We gonna keep this thread alive till it reaches bump limit or are we gonna go with weekly remakes?
If we go with the latter then I have a humble request to make the new thread a bit more ahead of time of broadcast so more folk can see it before it starts.
>>
>>34917586
One consistent thread because I don't want to clutter the board with a load of weekly show threads.
>>
>>34917587
By "weekly remakes" I meant letting the thread die after each weekend and then, when the next match day comes, make a new one.
But you're right and I prefer one consistent thread as well.
>>
>>34918102
I also meant the same thing. There's been times where a WW thread has actually stayed up a week or so post league end, to my surprise.
>>
Should I do Sunset vs Silverstream now I wonder, hmmmm.
>>
6 out of 8 matches confirmed so far:

Chrysalis vs Twilight Sparkle

Princess Luna vs Tempest Shadow

Rainbow Dash and Gilda vs Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie

Fluttershy vs Adagio Dazzle

Semi-Finals for Best Waifu Title Tournament:
Trixie vs Vinyl
Rarity vs Treehugger
>>
>>34911426
Reminder that "waifu" is just Engrish for "wife".
>>
I've been told I should add Sunburst as a ref and I'm ehhhhh on it.
>>
Can't wait for Sunday.
>>
I'm probably remaking Suri Polomare next.
>>
I should also make Fleur, but she's going to be a bit.
>>
About 4 days left.
>>
I got a question about the AI players.
I know they are based on real life wrestlers, replicating their trademark moves and stuff, but does that affect their same level of competitiveness?
Does every player have equal chances against other players or does their different movesets (and maybe other stats that you modify that I'm not aware of?) create a rock-paper-scissors scenario where, let's say, "Waifu A" will always have a better chance of winning against "Waifu B" but will generally suck when fighting against "Waifu C"?
>>
bump
>>
>>34925697
So, this does exist.
But in all possibility, at that point you get down to each edit's individual logic so things can and will get thrown out the window just because the sim says 'not today'. It's also not movesets and stats that matter as much as the straight logic that's implemented.

I put it akin to you know, the 4cc and how simming for Tactics doesn't always work.
>>
Doing a bump with 2 day left till show.
>>
>>34928018
Do those settings affect stuff like picking up downed opponent instead of pinning and going for the countdown? Cause my waifu does this annoyingly often, only to loose the grapple that follows after that.

Also is there a stamina or endurance or similar stat? Because my waifu spends most of her time in team matches chilling on the floor. Like, her teammate gets her ass kicked in the ring but holds on, then tags her, she enters the ring, gets one punched to the floor and is already in the staggered/swaying phase, even though she spent the last few minutes watching from the sidelines.
>>
>>34929986
If you've entered the one hit down stage, you pretty much can't get out of it. That's the Critical damage stage. Also, pickups happen a bit, even at later stages because many don't pin unless they hit a signature or a finisher.

Which one is yours? I can take a deeper dive before Sunday's show for you to explain better.
>>
>>34929986
And, yes, logic affects a lot of things. 99% of things.
>>
bump
>>
Not long left.
>>
Less than 18 hours and I've still got to put together the other few matches left.
>>
>>34933389
I can only wish you good luck and say "I told you" you were gonna have trouble not repeating the same pairings
>>
>>34934205
It's not trouble, just haven't had much time to myself to put stuff together. Plus, I've got the win/loss record of everyone.
>>
>>34933389
>Less than 18 hours
>posted 7 hours and 30 minutes ago
Wait, what? Am I reading this right? Are we 10 and a half hours till the show at the moment I'm writing this post? You're doing this on Saturday now? I thought it's gonna be on Sunday afternoon(?) like usual?
>>
>>34935005
I'm tired and screwed up the timeframe. 21 hours.
>>
Sorry about the hour mistake, I admit, I was up pretty early for work and too tired to think properly.
>>
I got the rest of the card, but it's gonna be a mystery.
>>
>>34936244
No problem. I just wanted to make sure I won't miss it. Doesn't help I'm in Yourop so there's also timezones differences to take into account, that's why I prefer to have a time and timezone posted so I can just convert it to my time.

Also, bump.
>>
>>34937695
Yeah, it's usually 2PM Central for preshow and 3PM Central for regular show.
>>
We've started with the preshow to EWE right now, actual show starts at the next hour, 3 PM CST

Stream at https://derpy.me/daVFb

Here's the card:
2/2
Chrysalis vs Twilight Sparkle

Princess Luna vs Tempest Shadow

Rainbow Dash and Gilda vs Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie

Sunset Shimmer vs Sonata Dusk

Silverstream vs Starlight Glimmer

Fluttershy vs Adagio Dazzle

Trixie vs Vinyl
Rarity vs Treehugger
>>
>>34939006
Fuck I'm almost late...

Predictions:
Chrysalis
Tempest
Ponk and Maud
Sunset
Starlight
Flutters

For BWT:
Trixie
Rarity
>>
Results:
Twilight Sparkle defeats Chrysalis in 9:25 with a BATISTA BOMB.

Tempest Shadow defeats Princess Luna in 9:00 with a Critical Running Powerslam.

Rainbow Dash and Gilda defeat Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie in 26:35. Dash taps out Pinkie with the Anaconda Vice. Also Celestia decided to run in and attack Pinkie Pie.

Sunset Shimmer beats Sonata Dusk in 9:27 with a CRITICAL Coup De Grace.

Silverstream defeats Starlight Glimmer in 5:42 with a Hammerlock DDT.

Adagio Dazzle defeats Fluttershy in 9:39 with a Piledriver.

Trixie defeats Vinyl in 9:20 with an Armbar.
Treehugger defeats Rarity in 6:42 with a Fishermare Brainbuster to a Standing Moonsault.
>>
Show is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyPfKbHpfQ
>>
>>34940437
Well, as the guy who made this >>34939295 I guess I'm gonna kill myself now.
See you next week.
>>
>>34940931
I mean, at least a lot of feuds should resolve next Sunday, anon.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>34942094
Yes? Bump?
Big event Sunday.
>>
Treat Sunday's event like a ppv. I still gotta find a good name for it.
>>
I'm probably putting all the undefeateds in a match on Sunday too.
>>
Matchups proposed for Sunday are as follows.

Fluttershy vs Sonata Dusk

Silverstream vs Sunset Shimmer

Rainbow Dash vs Applejack

Tempest Shadow vs Twilight Sparkle vs Autumn Blaze vs Derpy Hooves vs Coco Pommel

Vinyl Scratch vs Rarity

Best Waifu Title Tournament FINALS:
Trixie Lulamoon vs Treehugger

This leaves two matches TBD.
>>
>>34945173
You mentioned in the stream that Pinkie has a score to settle with Celestia for interrupting her fight. Are we gonna see it soon or is it gonna be a thing for a later show?
>>
>>34945939
It'll probably also be at the PPV.

I've really just been debating if I should extend the feud or just let it come to a head already after one week.
>>
Pinkie vs Celestia is getting added to the show.
>>
>>34946434
>I've really just been debating if I should extend the feud or just let it come to a head already after one week.
Yeah, that's why I was asking if it's going to be settled later. Will you try to add some more drama to it and let it brew for as while (like one of her sisters getting btfo by one from Celestia's camp - dunno who though, since Cadence is a yoyo bouncing between promising and hopeless and Luna wins maybe 1 out of 20 fights she's in).
>>
>>34947437
I'm just going to make it happen, also, I need to book a tag team match for the show.
>>
bump
>>
>10
No.
>>
I'm probably going to add Lyrabon vs Luna/Cadence.
>>
Half way there bump
>>
>>34950468
It's coming eventually.
>>
>>34949551
So a "Lyrabon wins" fight then.
>>
Spitfire needs to find a partner and get revenge on Dash and Gilda.
>>
>>34951721
I mean since the new weekly show thing, both Bon Bon and Lyra are 0-2.

So it's really a 'someone gotta win' match.

>>34951806
Perhaps, but the question is who can she trust? Is she going to have to pull in another Wonderbolt or perhaps go straight for Dash with one of her former friends? Or maybe she can work with Lightning Dust?
>>
bump
>>
>>34951844
>So it's really a 'someone gotta win' match.
I said it's a Lyrabonwinslol fight mostly because of the last part of this post >>34947437
>>
>>34952787
I mean, we'll see. I just might be booking bad matchups.
>>
>>34951844
>Or maybe she can work with Lightning Dust?
That would be difficult considering she was the one responsible for denying Lighting her dream career in the Wonderbolts.
But who knows, it may work as an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing.
>>
>>34954409
Yeah, LD could work as a tweener who has issues with Spitsy and RD, but the question is: who does she hate more?
>>
>>34954634
I'd say Dash, but that'd be just me.
>>
Small bump.
>>
Bump
>>
I black screened an old TV but I've finally gotten my replacement.
>>
Full Sunday Card:
Princess Luna and Princess Cadence vs Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon

Princess Celestia vs Pinkie Pie

Fluttershy vs Sonata Dusk

Silverstream vs Sunset Shimmer

Rainbow Dash vs Applejack

Tempest Shadow vs Twilight Sparkle vs Autumn Blaze vs Derpy Hooves vs Coco Pommel

Vinyl Scratch vs Rarity

Best Waifu Title Tournament FINALS:
Trixie Lulamoon vs Treehugger
>>
Around 31 hours until showtime.
>>
>>34958913
I know you explained it before but can you remind me how the Best Waifu Title Tournament will work?
Once this one finishes tomorrow, how much time we'll wait for the next one? Same as Elites in Waifu Wars, that is, two times a year? Will there be an equivalent for the Waifu Wars Babbies Tourney?
>>
>>34960510

16-Waifus compete in a single-elimination tournament to be the world champion/best waifu champ..

Nope, tournament is done after Sunday.
When that finishes, we have a champion who will defend their championship throughout the year as the big matches.

There might be other tournaments, we're considering a tag team/best ship title and a lower card title for the company, but we need to see how it runs first.

But you probably won't see four a year either way.
>>
bump. Less than 12 hours remaining.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.