[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: hbw6gMQ.png (3.04 MB, 972x2907)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
Pony videogame/mod thread
Minecraft, Equestria at War, whatever.
>>
>>34890486
So true it hurts.
>>
>>34890486
Just going to leave this here.
>>
>>34890519
Who are you playing as?
>>
>>34890523
Disciples of Nightmare moon. A breakaway in the civil war.
>>
what ever happened to that /mlp/ minecraft modpack server?
>>
File: PicsArt_01-21-07.24.23.png (631 KB, 2289x902)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>34890486
Dropping my eaw cosplays in pony town
>lich rosa
>necromancer rosa
>vampire rosa
>rosa hedeinreich, reformisten bandit waifu
>sunrise sparkle
>>
>>34890727
They so cute.
>>
File: 20200121194458_1.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1080)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
Started a Brodfeld game.

Don't start out very strong. No ponypower or equipment. I'll try to get some encirclements.
>>
File: 20200121195542_1.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>34890811
So far so good. If things go smoothely GLA will lose 4 divisions.
>>
>>34890486
EaW devs making a trailer
oof
>>
File: 20200121200811_1.jpg (588 KB, 1920x1080)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>34890847
At this rate I'll bleed them out pretty well.
>>
When’s the next update for EaW? I want to play, but I don’t want to get burned out on it, and I played a few games back to back. I checked on the steam page that it seems to be reworking pony nations is next on the docket. Is there a timeframe for the new continent?

Also why does EaW run better than any other mood or vanilla?
>>
>>34890873
They actually finished it
It's a radio add so they only needed voices
>>
>>34890891
>Also why does EaW run better than any other mood or vanilla?
Smaller amount of provinces, a lot of optimization and division limiter for AI.
>>
>>34890912
The funny thing is that it also has less slowdown over time thanks to most nations having focuses leading to lots of nation erasure going on
>>
>>34890891
There are two big performance-ruiners: checks and divisions
EaW uses a system for checking when events happen that dramatically decreases the amount of checks for the same effect.
The EaW map also has ~400 million population, as opposed to the ~1 billion of vanilla and most mods, while not having different conscription levels to compensate, meaning that the entire world can support far fewer divisions, even with some pretty severe recruitable pop boosts.
Finally, the AI nations have a division limiter to keep them from going too far, even when they don't get annexed and dismantled
>>
>>34890891
>Is there a timeframe for the new continent?
According to December's stream they only made a map and set up borders, and a lot of stuff there are still placeholders. I think they already renamed a couple of countries according to lore in IDW comics (something about not Egypt nation from which Somnanbula is from).
Maybe at the end of this year we get a new continent.
They are currently reworking and enhancing Equus countries because they are embarrassing in comparison with all the stuff Griffons have and making focus tree's for all the minors which are left with generic one.
>>
File: 20200121214135_1.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>34890882
After many annoying distractions I have finally finished the damn civil war.

As celebration I will now employ the lovely adviser shown on the screenshot.
>>
File: 20200121215921_1.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
>>34891180
The joys of victory.
>>
>>34891007
I just played Old World Blues that just added a division limiter, and it was moving at a crawl- took like ten minutes for a sixty day focus to complete.
>>34891044
The end of this year as in December 2020?

Also as someone who has mostly just played as equestria- where's all the disparity? Granted I assume that Equestria will be front-loaded with content compared to other equus nations, but it seems to me it's got a lot going for it (mostly I just want events or decisions where you lock up enemy leaders in Daybreakers sex dungeon).

Also while I'm here- could someone redpill me on the differences between the different tank models? Light, medium, heavy, super-heavy and modern? I mostly just pop them all out without much strategy, but I'm pretty sure I could be managing my tank fleets to be more efficient. From what I've gathered tank variants are mostly pointless.
>>
File: 20200121221542_1.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1080)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>34891247
Ok...

I'm probably not going to figure this out.

>>34891316
Equestria is basically many nations whithin a nation.

With light, medium, heavy and super heavy tanks you go more expensive, slower, more fuel usage, harder and stronger as you go bigger with modern tanks being a mix between mediums and lights and amphibius tanks basically being tank marines. Those little icons on the tank icons are tanks destroyers (mix between tank and TD, self propelled guns (same but with arty) and AA tanks (self explanitory).

Veriants are only usefull if you don't want to research the next tank or if you fully researched something.
>>
>>34891347
I've spoken a lot with people on threads like these about tank variants- the tradeoff just seems to be a bit of extra armor- which to me doesn't seem worth it, since tank divisions will be 50% armored anyway, and I'll be researching and producing towed guns and motorized anyway- so not worth the effort both to research or to produce.

Under what circumstances should I focus on the different tank models? Far as I can figure, it seems to me I should start with light tanks, because they are cheaper, faster, and there will be few tank battalions or AT-guns to worry about in the early game. Then if I have the available industry, focus on heavy tanks for the extra punch to supplement the light tank divisions. After that it seems I should only focus on medium and super-heavy's if I have the spare industry- super-heavy's for me seeming to be endgame units for when you just want to grind enemies into paste (which seems hit or miss to me whether or not they'll actually do that). And then I'm not even sure what to do with modern tanks since they are they're own unit type, rather than replacing units for one of the other tank types (I don't enjoy the idea of having to slowly convert my earlier tank units into modern tanks as I build up a new supply of modern tanks- nor do I enjoy the idea of having to build up a new supply of modern tanks when I've already been producing supplies of the other tank models).
>>
>>34891347
this is a substitution cipher, you have two words given to you to start off with. HERE = TQDQ, CLAW = OXMI. start with the shortest words and you should get the gist of the message pretty quick.

you also have to do some ascii shift autism to choose the right button, just find a website to do it for you
>>
>>34891398
Tank variants are a question of what you want to prioritize. SPAT gives more anti-tank for less anti-infantry, allowing you to have anti-tank capability without totally so severely damaging your own regular effectiveness, and SPART is vice-versa. SPAA seems regular useless.
Light tanks are for giving extra power to motorized units. Medium tanks are for fighting infantry and boosting mechanized units. Heavy tanks are for defeating whatever the enemy throws at you, including enemy tanks. Superheavy tanks are for fighting fortifications, and for when you have an incredible industrial base. Every tank class is more powerful and expensive than the last, especially against other tanks.
I learned the hard way that light tanks aren't actually that good. Quality infantry can and will defeat them, even without AT. Medium tanks are the best all-around until the moderns, which medium tanks directly evolve into, and modern tanks are the best of all three worlds by the end. Heavies are the best stat-wise until the late moderns, and are available from the start, but are too expensive for most nations to even consider fielding. Superheavies are just memes, they're an expensive answer to a problem you will rarely find, which a well-made army will already have a solution for anyways.
>>
For those interested, you can find the full Sulphur Nimbus game here for free:
http://oddwarg.com/Deployment/Sulphur_Nimbus/
Very neat, fun game that involves really good flight physics/controls.

The only big downside is that you have to play through the game as some weird hippogriff that frankly looks kinda ugly. (Developer had to do this to avoid the hammer of Hasbro). Thankfully, you can mod in Rainbow Dash (the originally intended character) which can be downloaded at this link here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1o5c0nypvbqavxt/Ranblow_Dish_Mod.zip/file

YOU STILL have to complete the game at least once, because you can't take on "disguises" until after you beat the game once, but simply merge the "res" folder with the "res" folder in the actual game directory.

Give it a try. I found it to be really well made considering it was developed by practically only one dude (with some other assets made for him).
>>
>>34891615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ZFSXs8iKQ
Video of gameplay in case you don't want to go in blind.
>>
>>34891553
The problem with self-propelled guns is just that I'll have already researched and produced motorized and towed guns already. So I don't see why I'd buff my tanks with self-propelled guns, when motorized guns are cheaper, and require much less research and industrial base- HOI-IV is meant to focus on logistics issues like this- it encourages all rounders against specialization, I just don't see the point. Maybe if they rework tanks to work like ship designs in Man the Guns I could use them, where I simply have to create a variant of a tank model I'm already using, meaning that it can have less of an impact on industry and research.

Also what about using light tanks for speed? Speed is an important factor for exploiting breakthroughs, encirclements, or if you are doing a blitzkrieg overrunning units. Heavy and above are only slightly faster than infantry, so they're more about punching really hard, but after light tanks, tanks will be slower than base motorized.
>>
>>34891347
Alright, I actually decoded the enitire thing. Thank you for the tip >>34891443.

I used https://www.boxentriq.com/code-breaking/cryptogram to manually decript the message and https://www.dcode.fr/ascii-shift-cipher to find the answer. Based on everything it is the first one. I'll just save and click.

Let me know if anyone wants me to post the full decripted message.
>>
>>34891711
The thing is, a division moves as fast as its slowest unit. Tier 1 LT's move as fast as motorized (12km/h), and they only get faster with upgrades, but there's no way to use that extra speed without going full-armored, which is a terrible idea now that you can't glitch your way into having multiple doctrines (it used to be viable if you had the tank org bonuses from MW and the support company org bonuses from SF, but you can't do that anymore). This is why the only way to use LT's is with motorized: when you pay for them, you're paying for that speed and power, and the power isn't worth a whole lot. Motorized units are meant to be used exactly as you described, however, conventional strategy dictates that you have a medium or heavy tank division defeat a part of the enemy line, and then capitalize on that defeat with motorized and LT's to cause flanks and encirclements. You might notice that, in this method of using LT's, they don't actually do a whole lot of fighting except against units which are already in bad shape and/or while defending. The first doesn't need LT's, and the second is specifically harmed by them, as motorized infantry has better defense.

As for variants, they do tend to be edge cases. SHSPAT is literally redundant, for example (but then again, so's SH-anything). They only take 60-100 days to research and can be converted from regular hulls of the same model, so they aren't terribly expensive. The reason why you would go for SP guns is because MOT or INF guns have even lower org (tanks have 10, art has 0, iirc) and no armor, but the industrial concerns are legitimate.

Also, tanks and planes already do work like that... kind of. You can spend army/air xp to buff one part of a model's stats with tradeoffs in others, and you can get a net gain in all fields if you put enough xp in. It's just rarely done because templates and doctrines are almost always better investments.
>>
File: 20200122002107_1.jpg (646 KB, 1920x1080)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>34891736
So I fucked up decrypting decrypting the answer as it was evident after 5 months of waiting, so I tried again, this time I used the ROT cipher and based on that the answer was the second option and it turned out to be correct.

Anyways they broke into the kings bedroom and left another message and it seems to have some math shit which I suck at.

I'll figure this out tomorrow as it is petty late here. If anyone here wants to try and guess it in the meantime be my guest. Also, if you want to see the complete cipher of the last message let me know.
>>
>>34891794
I will say that AA can be used as poor-mans anti-tank if you expect both light armor and enemy air-superiority (It's a good way to save on industry as a nation like China).

I thought that infantry and motorized (which are just infantry+cars) had the best organization- at least over time, which is why you want half of your army to be infantry, and don't field an army of only heavy tanks (tanks make up for poor org with armor, so they only lose if you can pierce them, but then lose really quickly unless supported by motorized). It'll be interesting to see how armored cars might change things- I think the dev diary makes them faster than motorized. Industrial concerns spring once again, but I could see as a minor with a decent industry buffing motorized and light-tanks with armored cars.

Also- I think the man-the-guns model will work much better, since you can tailor your tanks and planes to your need. I figure for planes (I'm not an air-warfare expert) you'd have light and heavy fighter frames, and light and heavy bomber frames. You could build your planes to be all-rounders if you can't devote a lot of industry to air-warfare, or you could specify them if you need the extra range, or the extra CAS, or the extra strat-bombing. Like as China, one of my favorite nations to play, I can make cheap dedicated minelayers to mess with japans navy, and keep with that until I build up my naval capacity, and try to beef up cruisers to make up for my industry- this way I don't have to research dedicated minelayers or battlecruisers, just the stuff I need. For tanks, you'd split the models into frames, and switch out the guns for different roles- I could fit a tier-3 light tank with a tier-one artillery gun, without having to research a tier-3 self-propelled artillery.
>>
>>34891044
>Equus countries

Polar bear focus soon?
>>
I've been thinking of doing a pony mod for FTL as one possible recruit able race.
>>
>>34891894
Here's air war in a nutshell
The biggest debuff planes can get comes from insufficient range
If you lack full coverage over the air zone, your efficiency drops like a stone. The percent efficiency you have is the percent of your planes that will actually fight

The second biggest debuff is inadequate agility. Having higher agility than the enemy will give your planes damage reduction, up to a max of 60% DR. If you don't upgrade and the enemy does, then this buff goes to the enemy

Air attack is noob bait, as it nerfs both of the previous for fuck all buffa in return

And reliability is a dump stat, Reliability only affects planes 1/100th as much as it affects land equipment, so it can honestly be ignored

I personally build fighters and tac bombers
This lets me dedicate a forward airbases to my fighters, and all rear to the bombers
The fact that only fighters and tacs have jet variants just reinforces this
>>
>>34892368
You, my friend, have not learned two joys:
Naval bombers sinking entire fleets while they're in port
Reliability higher than 100% allowing planes to survive kamikazes
>>
>>34892524
>surviving kamikaze
How? Why?
>>
I don’t get the purpose of tanks and motorized or other specialized troops. Why would I need to micro encirclements and shit when 40 width infantry decisions are cheaper, train quicker and are usually as good or better than tanks since the AI is retarded.
And since you’re only producing infantry equipment, support equipment, and artillery you can put more factories into planes to maintain total air superiority.
Is there any reason to use tanks outside of mp games?
>>
>>34892692
Breakthrough. Infantry struggles at actually attacking without overwhelming numbers. Also, ponypower. Tanks use much less of it, and ponypower is very limited in EaW in general.
>>
>>34892692
>>34892740
You seem not to know the joy of encircling a 100 divisions with your full army if heavy tanks, breaking them in each battle, too quick to mount a proper defense from a encirclement.
>>
>>34892763
Forgot the pic. Around 100 Aquilean and Skyfall divisions are encircled here
>>
>>34892817
I know nothing and I will now shut up
>>
>>34892634
Kamikazes are really just very hard reliability checks that have a 100% chance of failing if your plane has a reliability of below 100%. Above 100%, though, a chance of success is introduced, which is small but still noticeable. This may be meant to represent superior Japanese steel, folded over 1000 times, cutting through the cheap American scrap metal hulls like butter, thus making on-board explosives unnecessary for the kamikaze plane.

On a similar note, you can acquire limited numbers of ground attack planes by having divisions with both maintenance companies and anti-air, and having them be attacked by enemy planes with "ground support" missions. Maintenance companies return captured equipment based on what was deemed "lost" in the battle, which includes enemy planes shot down by AA on the battle screen.

>>34892692
Many nations have insufficient manpower or logistics to support 40-width everything, but have more industry than is necessary for however many soldiers they can actually field if they were all infantry. Planes have a saturation point after which point they don't actually help any more, and in uncontested airspace, you hit it quickly.
>>
>>34891615
>>34891625
Just beat this game. It's definitely very good for being made by a single guy. The flight mechanics are challenging at first, but you get the hang of them after while. Would definitely recommend.
>>
>>34890727
>edited borders
degenerate
>>
File: VcCuZHk.png (420 KB, 503x676)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>34892345
Should be. Also the new portrait for Paw Wellington.
>>
>>34890486
>>34890500
>Well, it had finally happened
>The world was ending
>The magic was disappearing once again, and this time, Wingfried knew that the Elements of Harmony were on a snipe hunt halfway across the country
>He had been up to the Friendship University, disgusting propaganda-center though it was, to visit his nephew, and things were in a dire state
>He had seen that pink filly unicorn, Comfy Glow or whatever her name was, when she thought nocreature (ugh) was looking
>She still had her magic. She was the cause of this, she had to be
>But what could he do? He was a Griffon, but only one
>He didn't have magic like she did
>Everything at school loved her and hated him (predictably) so he couldn't try to beat her with numbers
>Gallus had gone Boreas-know-where, so he was on his own
>If he was going to spend his last days somewhere, he wished it was among something besides these fucking ponies
>Of course they would be the ones causing this shit in the first place
>He also wished that, he was going to see his own demise coming, there was something he could do about it
>There was a slapping at his flank as he walked through the halls
>How could he have forgotten?
>It was his gun, a luger with no magical parts
>He smiled
>Maybe there was something he could do

>Silverstream was throwing up
>Ocellus was crying
>The other three were just too shocked to move as they stared at the bloody filly's twisted corpse
>Gallus was staring up at the broken second-story window to the headmare's office
>His insane uncle was leaning over the windowsill, in his full military dress like he always was
"Gallus, my boy! Where were you? I had to fix the magical crisis on my own!"
>Princess Twilight's Book of Friendship did not prepare him for this
>>
>>34876366
>>
>>34891794
You’re forgetting that lt can be added to 14-4 or 11-6 or 8-8 inf divisions for the cheap breakthrough they give
>>
>>34891794
>>34893871
From my experience LTs are too weak to use as a breakthrough unit, especially when entrenched and at full org. They just seem like a failed hybrid of motorized and other tanks.

Throughout my games, I always try to build myself one full army of heavy tanks with motorized/mechanized (5-5). In such numbers they can basically break anything while maintaining enough speed and org to finish even gigantic encirclements and defeat any reinforcing divisions.
>>
>>34893886
Besides, The ai never bothers to build any other tanks than lights, Maybe except the lings. If you build heavies, you will always demolish their tanks.
>>
>>34893893
They do build moderns if you go late enough.
>>
>>34893886
I said as an add on to infantry

Use the soft attack and org of your regular inf art combo but add one or two lt for breakthrough
>>
>>34890486
Ponification of Elder Scrolls races? Are there pony mods for Morrowing or Oblivion?
>>
>>34894217
Only anthro mods.
>>
>>34894225
>anthro
Disgusting

But I suppose that is to be expected, since poners are not nearly humanoid.
>>
>>34894217
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26677/ (If you don't mind adding Skyrim)

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43008?tab=description
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39950
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43273/
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44796/

Not much mods for morrowind and oblivion unfortunately.
>>
>>34894369
>not posting the best skyrim mod
realistic horse pussy and horsecock mod
>>
>>34894546
Holy shit that's real?!

Pic please.
>>
>>34894546
Lewd mods are by definition bad.
>>
>>34894815
idk man
some of those slave girl mods are pretty good
>>
I have a question regarding magical equipment in Equestria at War-

Is there a reason to not switch over completely to magical infantry when I have the space and resources? As of yet, I've reserved magical equipment for special units. I assume that motorized and support companies will still use regular weapons, so I should keep building them, but is it a good idea when given the option to switch all my infantry to magical?
>>
>>34895181
I think magical equipment is generally slightly better then normal ones if you can deal with the reliability issues and based on some gun names I think the game reinforces it. I would definately get spec ops units, especially knight's equipped with them. I think you should always make sure to give your spec ops the magic stuff first, then get chrystals if you don't have any and save up for inf. Just be carefull or you can have an equipment deficit in the middle of a war and if you don't. Swich gradually.

Support and motorized/mechanized units still use normal equipment so if you use those keep some factories producing normal stuff as well.
>>
>>34895181
Magical equipment is not only more expensive than regular equipment on principle, it is less reliable, direly so in the early levels of it (Mag. Eq. 1 has a reliability of 50%, for example). Motorized units still use regular, and the situation with support companies is strange right now. Mass magical equipment rollouts should only be done only if you are a pony nation and/or have the crystals.

Whenever you see that message, "Magical equipment for special forces (workaround, please ignore)" when you start a war, that's them trying to make magical equipment work with SF units properly because there was some exploit that caused support companies with magical equipment to radically boost the attack power somehow. Motorized units used to have magical equipment variants, but that was too OP.
>>
>>34895262
I figure any switch-over would be after I win my first major war, and have six-months to breathe.
>>34895275
I would only do it after I'm already a major.
>>
>>34895294
Do it whenever you want, just make sure to have the industry and resources for it. Just remember: you can switch out infantry units from templates individually.

Honestly the best advice I could give is to experement and see what works for you.
>>
>>34895181
you should always do magical equipment when able
No matter what nation you play, you always have fucktons more industry than you have ponypower, so there's little reason to hold back on it
the only reason you shouldn't is if you intend to have your entire army be pure motorized/mechanized, which is entirely possible as a major because of all that fucking industry
>>
Another question- can someone redpill me on the different air-doctrines? I think I've gotten the gist of the different airplane units, but I'm not sure which air-doctrines work best for which playstyles.
>>
>>34895696
Strategic destruction gives the best early buffs I think for fighters is obviously good for strat bombers. It also has a 15% navel attack buff compared to the 10% of the other two making it the best for navel bombing.It gives the lowest potential mission xp gain (10% instead of 20%). Best for fighter/bomber combo and navel bombing.

Battlefield support, as the name implies is best for close air support and should you chose "fighter ace initiative" gives you the biggest ace generation chance bonus. It also gives buffs to fighters, but the best of it comes later on in the focus. Best for cas capable planes, elite pilots and some decent fighters.

Operational integrity is an all rounder. Use it if you can't decide what to pick.

But really, I find all of them usable with almost any air force.
>>
>>34895696
The meta as I understand it is Strategic Destruction is overall best, with the strongest bonuses to fighters and strat bombers (and highest naval operations buff) but favors higher-industry countries and is lacking on CAS bonuses.
Battlefield Support is great for CAS, but loses out a little in the long game with weaker bonuses for fighters. 40% air support efficiency and 40% ground support bonuses are no fucking joke though, and will make your CAS absolutely demolish AI if you achieve effective concentrations--just make sure you have enough fighters to ensure air superiority.
Operational Integrity favors tactical bombers and is supposedly the middle ground, but actually looking at the stats it appears a little underwhelming. It's got a little bit of everything which makes a whole lot of nothing. There's a good deal of air unit xp gain, and better tac bomber strat bombing, but the air superiority and agility bonuses aren't as good as SD, and the air support efficiency and ground support aren't near as good as BS.
Generally I favor Strategic Destruction because of the high fighter buffs and it has the naval mission efficiency fairly early on and means I don't need to invest too much into it to rinse navies with naval bombers, but naval is a joke in this mod anyway.
>>
>>34895275
>Motorized units used to have magical equipment variants, but that was too OP.
Man that really sucks that is such bullshit
>>
File: 20200123013706_1.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>34891881
This fucking math bullshit was a trap.

I tried fucking around with it for an hour before giving up and trying to brute force the letter without hints. Anyways this guy wanted me to meet him at the dock near the river alone.

Here were my decripted answers:
Ok, I will go there alone.
What are you, intruder?
Twilight Sparkle is best pony!

After this bullshit I was tempted to pick the third option and just play a normal game, but I was curious enough to pick the first one. You can see in the screenshot what I got.

As last time, I did this pretty late at night (or morning now), so Imma sleep now and figure it out later.
>>
>>34896021
To be fair that does sound op.
>>
>magical guns
>no magical tanks
>no magical planes
>no magical warships
Why
>>
>>34896322
>laser battleships
I like
>>
>>34896370
I mean, that is the logical conclusion. I would even accept a unreliable endgame items.
>>
>>34896322
>>34896370
Could work as alternative canons for your ships. They'd use crystals to build your ships, rather than heavy metals.
>>
Time for a sombra playthrough. Have never won as him before. Then again, I last played him like 400 hours of gameplay ago.
>>
So, only kind of MLP related, but is there a RD2 mod that adds horse pussy yet? I need to know.
>>
File: Screenshot (268).png (1.47 MB, 1920x1080)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Why aren't (you) building a massive pony on a server?
>>
>>34896072
Looking at the answers and thinking on it it sounds like they're talking about radioactive decay, or something along those lines. Alpha particles are He sans the electrons, Beta + and - are types of Beta decay. To quote Wikipedia's page on Beta Decay:
"In β− decay, the weak interaction converts an atomic nucleus into a nucleus with atomic number increased by one, while emitting an electron (e−) and an electron antineutrino (νe).β− decay generally occurs in neutron-rich nuclei."
and
"In β+ decay, or "positron emission", the weak interaction converts an atomic nucleus into a nucleus with atomic number decreased by one, while emitting a positron (e+) and an electron neutrino (νe). β+ decay generally occurs in proton-rich nuclei.
Hell if I know what "IT." is though.

As for the poem/riddle itself it's talking about star death and what-not which reflexively I think of Iron, but that's not an option. Perhaps something more along the line of the fusion chain in stars.
Looking to Wikipedia again the listed last step in Stellar Nucleosynthesis is "Photo-disintegration", which is the process that contributes to supermassive black hole formation, and it mentions both alpha particles and B- decay.

After picking through six different pages on star death, supernovas, and the various processes I'm going to guess Beta- because fuck it.
>>
Guys, help, how do I get Sombra-Sinister marriage?
>>
>>34897246
I don’t think you can
Sombra doesn’t fuck commies
>>
>>34897267
I Am sure it is possible. I saw The event posted on one of the previous threads.
>>
>>34897275
I think you need to be Sombra in an alliance with Sinister and the entire continent has to be owned by either Crystal Empire or Stalliongrad and then you get the decision.
>>
>>34897275
>>34897306
Wow, I have like 400 hours in this mod and I’ve never heard of that
>>
File: Screenshot (1293).png (1.06 MB, 1909x1003)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>34896736
because I already have
>>
>>34897306
Thanks. Time for a bromance world conquest
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (85).png (3.24 MB, 1920x1080)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>>34897867
A lil update if any of you guys care. It is going alright. Equestria is ridiculously easy when attacking alongside the lings and Stalliongrad. Got myself a foothold on Griffonia, since Fezera won with Skyfall, and they were really easy to kill.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (87).png (3.65 MB, 1920x1080)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
>>34898299
THICC WATERTOWNS
>>
>>34898299
Damn, thats nice. How strong is evil Chrystal Empire and will you betray your allies?
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (90).png (3.02 MB, 1920x1080)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
>>34898462
They struggle a bit at the beginning, because no factories, and the tree not giving you nearly enough, but once the bonuses kick in, You can have infinte ponypower. If you play it well, you can get cores on: Equestria, Stalliongrad,, Olenia and a part of Changelings. Furthermore, sombra gets +25% recruitable population. Not recruitable pop factor, but actual 25% of your base population. The you also get bonuses to basically everything, but they are almost all timed. Still, A unleashed Sombra is scary.

And no, I am not planning to betray anyone. I am aiming to split the world in half between myself and my boy sininster. I am planning to marry sombra to sinister.
>>
>>34898501
Damn that sounds powerfull. I always wondered how ai Sombra got so much divisions.

Good luck, though I'd say you got this pretty easily at this point.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (91).png (2.86 MB, 1920x1080)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>34898550
Yeah, it is mostly cleanup now. Maybe except the empire and the coalition, they may take some time.
>>
>>34898618
Here it is! The decision. But I am going to wait until the world is mine and sinister's.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (92).png (3.4 MB, 1920x1080)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
>>34898624
forgot the pic
>>
Hey can someone tell me the point of mechanized infantry? I never use them, preferring to just field motorized or tanks. I gather they are there to support mobile units, but are they best supporting motorized or tanks?
>>
>>34898630
Mechanized infantry are, in essence, tanks with less anti-tank ability and more org. It's probably best to have them support tanks, where the extra org is needed but motorized is faster than it needs to be, since it will further increase the hardness.
>>
>>34898684
So probably for tanks medium and up? Is there any point to adding mechanized to a motorized template?
>>
>>34898627
What happens when you marry?
>>
>>34898713
If you want tankier stats. At that point I'd just go full mechanized except for arty and aa.
>>
>>34898738
I wasn’t sure if they might have an org problem like tanks do, or if it’s cheaper to split between mechanized and motorized.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (93).png (2.86 MB, 1920x1080)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>34898734
Just a cute event about the marriage. Possibly some pp and relations bonus. It is for rp purposes.

Map painting is going great. I will betray new mareland and greneclyf, it is supposed to be only me and my husbando
>>
>>34898753
Greneclyf is your ally?
>>
>>34898756
Yeah, I have the rules set for me to be able to invite. They asked to join up for some reason. Decided to let them in, just for the lulz
>>
File: sinistress serov.png (799 KB, 1448x1764)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>34898753
You know, I thought that the Sombra x Sinister thing was a joke because Sombra has a choice of three different wives in the EaW canon, but it's actually real.
Well, it's not for rp, it's purely for pp (and not the in-game currency). Besides, although there are two males in this relationship, we all know who the stallion is.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (94).png (2.49 MB, 1920x1080)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
>>34898770
That is a very cute Sinister.
We need rule 34 of this ship.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (97).png (2.98 MB, 1920x1080)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
>>34898787
My job is done here.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (95).png (2.8 MB, 1920x1080)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>34898899
>>
>>34898904
And so eternal peace reigns.

Gj!
>>
>>34898899
>tolerating a communist
disgusting
>>
>>34898899
Based and Sinester pilled
The reddest of pills
>>
>>34899252
Isn't Sinister fachist?
>>
File: remains 2 - 3.png (1.93 MB, 1920x1080)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>Playing through FoE:Remains again and decide to take a break
>Accidentally delete internet saves and my last file save is at level 6
Damnit I think I lost a couple hours of progress too.
Also I heard leveling up is detrimental in that enemies scale with you. Is it is bad as say Oblivion or is the level scaling thing not entirely true? I have this play through set to require 40% less exp for levels since the last time I played it felt like levels took too long to acquire.
>>
>>34890486
Will there ever be Pony DOOM mods?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>34899737
I guess it would depend on what you define as fascist. For example, would you say that Stalin was a fascist? one of the most common definition is the presence of a government that makes use of political violence to secure his power, in that sense, You could call him that. I'm not really a fan of that deffinition tho, using it could led You to call whorever lider You don't like a fascist.
Personally i preffer Umberto Eco definition presente on his essay "Ur Fachismo", in it he list a bunch of characteristics he considers common on those kind of regimes. Pretty gut read, IMO
>>
>>34900103
why not just use the definition the creator of fascism Mussolini used
>>
>>34900109
While I would agree that the duce did write quite well, both as a comunist newstwritter in his youth and later as a politician, I'm not sure if his academic merits could be compared with one of the best philologist of the xx century. But yes, you are right, reading his deffinition of fascism is also extremely interesting
>>
>>34899737
Tldr: Sinester is not a fascist, but a QT tsundere commie
>>
I decided to play as the arcturian order, just a couple questions- is there a secret fascist path? Seemed to me, with a little work you could easily make fascist the dominant ideology. Also- how do I upgrade my science and industrial base?
>>
>>34898319
how the fuck did that happen
>>
File: 1575957771068.jpg (28 KB, 330x338)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>34899737
>fachist
>>
File: 1575967250245.jpg (76 KB, 1000x1107)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>34900103
>would you say that Stalin was a fascist?
no

>one of the most common definition is the presence of a government that makes use of political violence to secure his power
no

>>34900166
>reading his deffinition of fascism is also extremely interesting
nigger he INVENTED fascism
why are you speaking like he was some faggy academic who wrote a thesis on fascism as a phd
he fucking created it

you sound like a communist by the way you intentionally misrepresent everyone and the way you try to distance stalin from communism
also you lie and try to pass it off as ignorance
>>
>>34900533
Well, they got it after dread league defeated the kniggas, then attacked everyone and for whipped.
>>34899737
Nope. He is commie, But a bit like stalin(with less killing everyone). Ruthless, Pragmatic, uses "liberation wars" as an excuse to get more power and influence.
>>
Wish there was a pony mod for Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. The game would be perfect for it
:
>>
Hey still playing the arcturian order, and I am at war with the dread-league. I seem to be unable to advance. I did all the focuses I could before going to war with the Dread League, and I can't seem to advance, and research is so slow I don't think I can make up for it with tanks or planes, or naval invasions or anything like that. Have I fucked up, and if so, what was I supposed to do?
>>
>>34900684
Do The "shield of hope" focus. This will annex them. Or, if you fucked up somehow and can't do the focus, just wait and defend. Drain their manpower and equipment.
>>
>>34900689
See problem is they aren't attacking. I think it's cause I built up my border wall too much (I think I remember hearing they made it so the AI won't suicide into +4 fort levels).

I figured there'd be more to it than just lasting to get to a focus. That's actually quite disappointing- I hope they flesh that out in a future update.
>>
>>34899890
>already got that bird when reaching the computer
Remains-noob here : is there a specific way to get it to spawn more often ?
I'm like, lvl 11 and I'm still a 3/5 with that little shit, with 6 millions radioactive cookies in stock.
Also, is it normal that melee is way easier than other weapons, or it's something that's only viable against early enemies (in which case I'm fucked because I already invested in it enough to reach level 5) ?
>>
>>34900866
Idk about the bird I just got lucky I guess. When exploring the factory I covered every area before moving on to the next floor. Imo melee is very strong since you can get all kinds of damage types, but it's always good to have some form of decent ranged as backup.
>>
>>34900699
Suck when that happens. You prepare so hard for the ai but they refuse to suicide their units on your forts. So rude.
>>
>>34900699
When I played them, I only used 2 forts and rushed the focus which allows you to accept volunteers. Then almost everyone helped with their troops or lend-leasing. I had troops from Watertowns, Lake City, Wingbardia, Empire, Strawberry, Longsword. Everyone were fighting the undead and it was amazing.
>>
>>34900885
btw, are the "Empathy" perks worth taking ?
I have no clue how strong companions are and/or if the perk is doing anything significant.
The only wiki I could find has next to zero actual stats, only the in-game descriptions.
>>
>>34901247
>>34900699
Level 3 forts seem to be the sweet spot. Decent defense, and The ai will still grind themselves on it.
>>
>>34901316
Agreed, but if your enemy is strong and your front is wide I'd recommand building higher lv forts in provinces adjacent to 3 or more enemy provinces.
>>
>>34901250
I don't know about that either. Maybe save before you try the perk, see how much it changes stats, and go from there.
>>
>>34900555
Compadre please calm your tits, take a big breath and read what I wrote again. There is not really a need to get that mad about it, I agreed with you on most of your bullet points. I just took advantage of the conversation to recommend a book to other Anons, that's all. You don't agree with Umberto Eco? That's fine and dandy, I just don't think you should take him out of the market place of ideas, wouldnt you agree? Also, yes, Stalin is deffinetly a communist in my books, I just presented the idea that not everyone would agree with that deffinition
>>
>>34901774
Well, looking at the game's discord and the discussions between the whole 3 non-russians people there, look like it's crap.
Finally got Philomena, damn it's a game changer to have a kamikaze you can order around. Now spider-mines in tight tunnels only rape me half the time.
>>
Hey I'm still playing as Arcturians- I did the shield of hope focus, and it's at the end of the month and haven't gotten an event yet. Does it just take a while to fire? I don't want to go past an auto-save if it's glitched.
>>
>>34902379
It usually does that a bit to fire, somewhere around a hundred days I believe.
>>
>>34902393
Kay, thanks, I was worried there. Sucks I did all the other focuses already, and I have nothing to spend political power on.
>>
>>34902230
That's a shame but yeah she's very nice to have around. Lol those spider mines suck, don't forget you can use telekinesis to hold them in place while you bash them to pieces.
>>
>>34902558
I use the Zero-Energy-whatever perk from Telekinesis 2 to bash them directly against the wall.
Can't do that against the ones that are in 1 block height tunnels, as the game limit your visibility to like ... 2 blocks in front of you.
Now I just send Philomena in those, so she trigger the mine if one is hiding there.
>>
File: OP.png (5 KB, 602x96)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Fuck guys, amtracks are going to become new met in this mod thanks to this change, Paradox knew what they were doing when they limited their numbers
What the hell are devs thinking?
>>
>>34903425
You realize that hardness doesn't improve the unit linearly, right? If hardness is a big number, that just means that the unit takes entirely hard attack, which is not far how med-mec divisions work already (appropriate, since amtrac 2s and amphibs are just meds and mecs with naval invasion and river bonuses).
Amtracs are kind of bad right now anyways. They cost more than meds and mecs in almost every way but have similar stats, plus they take up SF battalions, and med/mec divisions are already so expensive that they are rarely used. Especially in this mod, where racial SF units are awesome, trading out your already-made SF for expensive marine/tank or marine/mec hybrids isn't viable eight years into the game.
Honestly, removing the SF tag from amtracs will make naval invasions easier and thus make the navy a more important part of the game, and lack of naval content is a big issue the mod has.
>>
>>34902583
Ah that's a good point. You can get a perk that lets you telegrab through walls but you need a lot invested in the skill to get it.
Also do you prefer to run the game through the browser or on your hard drive? It would be nice to play offline but I've noticed the game slows down a lot in tense fights messing with your aim and sometimes has graphical glitches if you don't use the browser. Maybe some of that was fixed with 1.0 but I haven't tested it much.
>>
>>34903580
I use the hard drive version. I did get some slowdown sometime, but it's mostly after very long sessions.
The only graphic glitch I ever encountered was looking more like a room loading bug, after going back and forth repeatedly through the same exit (being set on fire is fun).
>>
So I finished playing with the Arcturian Order. After the second dread league war, I could have kept going, but didn't see appoint- the world had consolidated into three major players- Equestria, Riverlands, and the Empire, and I saw no point in trying to start more shit for the sake of it.

Overall I think it's a neat idea, but I think the fact that the Order takes so long to move onto real guns, or combined warfare means that it's just a whole lot of waiting- and then by the time I can start opening the toybox, the rest of the world has moved so far on that there isn't much direction left. Maybe if you could align yourself with one of the bigger powers, like the Riverlands, or Empire.

I think if they just made it so you could research your race abilities at a normal pace, and so your army is focused almost entirely on griffon knights that could actually push into the dread league it could work. Like I said, I think it's a neat idea, but it needs a rework in the future.
>>
>>34903683
Agreed. And maybe they could use some special mechanics to better help them catch up with the rest of the world after beating the league.

Did you reform Rosa?
>>
>>34903606
I had similar loading room bugs mostly in Manehattan. It got so bad that I had to play in browser due to bug happening on every floor.
>>
>>34903698
I did. Decided I wanted to do the harmonist way of things, for this run.
>>
File: poner sleeps.png (58 KB, 1600x900)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
I don't think I've ever seeen anyone mention this game https://mcpalm.itch.io/action-unicorn
It's made by the same guy who made Filly Astray and it's sort of interesting so far though I don't know how much there is to it because I'm stuck here. Has anyone played this? How'd you get past this part? My idea was to get a running start left of this screen shot, jump to the middle platform and then jump across the thorns but I never even come close to clearing the gap.
>>
File: Hiding pone.png (83 KB, 988x521)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>34903900
Never heard of the game before and just tried it now. Its a fun if simple game and the sprite animations are pretty good. I don't quite get the controls like can you sprint? I couldn't get very far in either level due to that.
>>
>>34903900
I know there is some speedruns of it on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-MKUYsEEw
No idea how the control works to pull that off tho.
>>
>>34904089
You can sprint by double-tapping (and holding) the direction you want to go in, and you gradually gain speed. If you're going fast enough and you jump onto a wall you can jump again to bounce off. There's both a mid-air attack and a ground (slide) attack. After my first post I realized that the floating thorny blob is actually an enemy that can be attacked, and hitting something with the air attack propels you up. That's how to get past the spot in my pic.
>>34904106
Interesting, thanks for linking. I figured there was some hidden stuff above some stages but I couldn't manage to get up to it. Shame this guy doesn't seem to have done a run of the cave.
>>
>>34904106
This guy has a lot of videos on other pony games like FoE:Remains, Ponyvania, and TFH. I wonder if he'll try to speedrun Sulphur Nimbus? Would be cool to see.
>>
>>34904282
Consider telling him about it first, maybe also mention RD mod
>>
I think i'm going to play as diamond mountain in my next game, anything I should know about before going in.
>>
>>34904625
Get mag8c sruff early. You got the cristles for it.
>>
HoI4 is on sale and I wanna jump on this bandwagon. Should I bother with any of the DLC for this mod?
>>
>>34905069
Waking The Tiger is the most important for Eaw, but together to victory is also useful.
>>
>>34904282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfs3gb-MCZc
What the fuck is this, and why did I never heard of it before ?
>>
>>34905142
That looks dope
>>
>>34905142
unfortunately, it's dead because the lead dev disappeared with the source (https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/11/friendship-is-epic-developer-version.html). so now there's just the dev build and OST
>>
New expansion for Hearts of Iron 4 coming out next month. Do you have any hope for it?
Will it make Zecora's Resistance playable and relevant?
Will it make Changelings do actual changeling things like infiltrations and diversions?
Will it spice up other nations like Longsword, Brodfeld or bandit nations?
Or would it be disappointing and bloated like "Man the Guns"?
>>
>>34905373
It'l probably be a while before they do anything interesting with the new mechanics, but I think theres a good chance that some cool focus reworks will eventually happen.
>>
>>34890486
is there any sandbox kind of pony game, like the app they have? or maybe a pony cover of Animal Crossing with just characters from FiM, and cameos from past generations? I just want to watch ponies be happy and live their life without having to pay tithes in the form of monthly’s, exclusives, or tedious daily challenges. I dont have time or money like that, but i wouldnt mind an initial cost if it were the only one
>>
>>34905753
Closest would probably be the official gameloft game, which is full to the brim with microtransaction bullshit
>>
I remember someone talked about Dwarf Fortress pony mod. Is it playable or in development hell with no signs of completion?
>>
>>34906348
"My Little Fortress" is pretty complete but is full of all kinds of extra stuff since it's based on some other very extensive mods by the same author. It also includes Rainbow Factory machines for processing pony body parts into crafting materials, and adds anthros as the fourth pony tribe.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13797

I didn't like all the extra stuff in MLF, so I extracted the pony creature definitions and made the creatively titled "Pony Mod", which just adds a basic playable pony race and nothing else. It works, but I barely play DF these days so I haven't extended it much or kept it up to date.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12646

There are a bunch of other pony mods on DFFD if you search, but I've never tried any of them
http://dffd.bay12games.com/search.php?string=pony
>>
>>34906541
I see. Thank you.
It seems there is even a separate Fallout Equestria mod. Shame that I do not want to read it.
>>
File: 20200125214502_1.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1080)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
>>34896072
Was too busy to play, but now I finally did it.

Thanks to >>34896931
for the idea, but the answer was Alpha. I assume because it is the brightest star in a constellation and the poem talks about stars dying or some shit and that reminded me that the biggest, brightest stars are on their way to supernovaing. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait a month for another message this time. This time it wants me to count triangles.
>>
File: 20200125220350_1.jpg (575 KB, 1920x1080)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>>34907772
After spending probably way too much time looking at the picture and wondering if triangular shapes with curved sides count as trianles or not I went with one, I was right. Not one of my smartest moments.

Here's the next message.
>>
File: 20200125222717_1.jpg (617 KB, 1920x1080)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>34907894
This stupid poam was more trouble to me then I initially thought. Also, it took a while before I got the next message.

I'm not sure if this one is another letter finder or if its written in another language.
>>
>>34908069
Looks like another language. Multiple, actually. The first lines read like latin, while the last few read more like spanish or italian.
>>
>>34908069
There are like 15 languages there. You can solve this by only translating the answers though, But you will miss some nice lore.
>>
>>34908069
"Kuuntele nyt, rakas kuningas. Kuuntele minua, kun katsomme syvään hornaan, ja kun horna katsoo takaisin meihin."

is finnish for

"Listen, dear king. Listen to me, as we stare into the deep abyss, and the abyss stares back at us."

you can probably write them all in google translate and use the suggested language option to get them all into english.
>>
Quick question- if I'm playing as the Diamond Dogs, and I want to be the one to form the river federation, how much do I have to worry about other nations outpacing me on the confederation focuses? It's 1008, and the River Republic already has six points.
>>
>>34908174
River Republic will always be a problem when trying to form the federation no matter what other river nation your playing as.
>>
>>34908208
Should I just cheat then?
>>
>>34908217
Dunno, it's up to you, but if the focuses are there I think it's possible, although you'll probably need to ignore most of your own focuses to pull it off.
>>
>>34908217
you should have plenty of time to get your major focuses done as long as you focus completely on the federation tree afterwards. it'll still be close though, i think i was at 11 points vs the republic's 10 on my molly playthrough.
>>
>>34908228
I mostly just want to get a good industrial and research base first. I was thinking of doing some of the federation focuses once I get my third research slot.
>>
>>34908239
that should be fine, the AI will eventually focus on its main tree and let you catch up. once you start doing the federation tree, keep an eye on what focuses the others are doing so you don't end up wasting time on something they'll get to first.
>>
>>34908279
I think the tool tip lets me know which ones give me points and which don't.
>>
>>34908297
yes, but the focuses are shared so if you start doing a focus that someone else in the federation has already started working on, they'll get the focus done first and you get nothing. you want to avoid that and that's why you snoop at what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>34908328
Gotcha.

Also- playing the diamond dogs, and seeing how much of it are shout-outs to the Lord of the Rings and Hobbits, I genuinely think we might still get a diamond dog faction that's a shout-out to metal-gear. I'm surprised I haven't found a hidden wargoal for the Dragon Isles yet.
>>
File: 20200125232514_1.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>34908069
Thank you >>34908130, >>34908147 and >>34908160 for the tips.

I have tediously translated all the languages to english. In case anyone is interested in the lore and would like me to post the translated text I have it saved on a notepad, so just ask.

Anyways turns out this club is rather on the extreme side of things. Now their asking me what I want the most. I'm guessing they plan to kill me if I say something that offends them, so I better be carefull.
>>
File: 20200125234130_1.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>34908442
The answer was light, which makes sense since anyone blindfoled against his will would want to see light again.

Now for this.
>>
File: 20200125234459_1.jpg (637 KB, 1920x1080)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>34908540
I'm a mason now, yay!

On hindsight I probably could have done these challanges by randomly guessing the answers and reloading, but they were fun to guess in the intended way.
>>
File: 20200125235429_1.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>34908572
So I got a completely new focus tree (shaped like a triangle), a new leader, a new ideoligy and the king is now a national spirit. Also, the old prelate dissappeared for some unknown reason. He's probably somewhere in Greneclyf.
>>
File: 20200126002625_1.jpg (648 KB, 1920x1080)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
>>34908611
This focus was a very interesting one for a harmonic government. Also, my generals have been replaced and all of them except for my field marshel have engineer traits. They be true masons.
>>
>>34908442
>"To see my wife again."
Ouch.

>>34908572
>>34908611
>>34908777
Thus speaks the sacred dorito
>>
So since my computer lags pretty bad playing HOI (though I've found EaW by far runs the best and the longest on it), I decided to check out my neighbors and their focus tree.

It seems to me like Hellquill is meant to be the sort of disc-one final boss for the River Ponies. With that in mind, it seems to me they might be better served in a less landlocked position. It'd be interesting having a decent sized navy going against a coalition of smaller navies for instance. I was thinking they could be moved under the border of the Arcturian Order. Maybe give them a chance to puppet the Arcturians in exchange for helping out with the dread-league.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 20200126013000_1.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1080)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>34908777
About to take out Blackrock as I have a focus for it. I'm also waiting to see if Zephia can take out Asterion so I can later justify and take all.

Also, look at my ponypower tab. Notice how I lose civilians and gain extra recruitable pop. This happens whenever I train something new or add to divivsions. I'm not sure if this is a glich or a hidden function of the focus.

>>34908792
Indeed, it brings as much deliciousness as it does glorious holy light.

>>34908993
Problem is then it would have to divert its already limited ponypower and recources to ships and troops to defend ports. Meanwhile an average river nation can be roughly on-par with it. I think having them start with a port would just nerf them. The idea of helping the order seems nice, but I thought the entire idea of the order/league war was that it's seperate from the rest of the world untill one of them wins and is ready to join the world stage. Having that outside influence would upset that dinamic and ruin the balance in my opinion.
>>
>>34909017
I mean I just finished playing the arcturians- a big part of their focus tree is opening up themselves to modernize, and receive lend-lease, volunteers, and license production (though that last one was useless, as no-one let me license modern guns or artillery anyway). A fascist path, where Hellquill takes over you in exchange for your autonomy would fit in.

As for not enough pop- just give hell-quill extra population to compensate.
>>
File: LittlePip-Knowledge.png (30 KB, 200x200)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Today in fucking Stable 88 I finally learned :
>the sledgehammer can *literally* carve through most walls and reinforced doors, it wasn't the item description trying to sound impressive
Which mean there is a ton of loot I gave up on for no good reason. Also make it a shitton easier to flank turrets.
>crystal shield can be maintained during skill checks
Haven't actually tested that yet, but it probably mean a good chunk of the deaths I had when trying to disarm TNT-trapped chests could have been survived
>game does take into account your melee weapon's size
So a big-ass shitty weapon is actually useful to win a few pixels when trying to hit turrets from cover

I also finally realized that the inaccessible facade room in the slavers' building could be reached with a potion of flight. Glad I didn't needed to max Telekinesis just to Glimmer-fly there.
My stock of Biogel from the factory just run out, meaning my medical expenses are going to get crazy again. Barter is already maxed, dunno if I should max Survival first (for the damage reduction) or Medicine instead (for the increase in self-healing).
Side note : fuck camouflaged Zebras using that high-alpha plasma weapon.
>>
File: Medicine.gif (13 KB, 198x227)
13 KB
13 KB GIF
>>34909032
Love the art for these. But yeah the sledgehammer is useful as hell. Once in awhile I find hidden stashes seemingly in solid ground but then I forget where they were when playing again. Medicine might be a better investment imo, but I don't remember details on what perks you can get for each skill. Camo zebras in general suck.
>>
File: 20200126020603_1.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>34909017
Finished a focus that gave me an event that let's me chose between 3 wargoals. How nice, now to decide who to pick.

>>34909024
I think that could be done after the war and I can't help but think that Skynavia, should it survive that long would be a better choice for it.

>>34909084
What game is this?
>>
File: 20200126021340_1.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>34909105
I chose Zaphia.
>>
>>34909105
Well Skynavia is communist, and seems to me is supposed to factor into a broad griffonian communist alliance that could potentially crop up- mostly to annoy wingbardy and the empire, but potentially anyone. Meanwhile, I feel like Hellquill is sort of the only obstacle to the early game of the riverlands, and hence should be more of a threat to deal with- like a toned down version of the equestria and changelings conflict.
>>
File: remains6.png (2.9 MB, 1920x1080)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>>34909105
Fallout Equestria: Remains
>>
>>34909130
Welp, I had a power outage so I'll just continue from an autosave tomorrow. I am very angry.

>>34909152
They could help the order modernize while turning them communist. Maybe a reworked Greneclyf would also be a good choice, maybe doing some story stuff with their changeling abilities.

Don't underestimate Hellquill though, in one of my games the ai managed to take out the entire federation on their own without any of the federation members breaking off. Besides, taking Hellquill just means that the federation will be bordering the Empire.

>>34909168
Cool, I like those sprites.
>>
>>34909314
Yeah, but I feel like if Hellquill is the Disk One final boss, the Empire is the Disk Two final boss.

Anyway, I also feel as the Nazi germany analogue, and since they'd be fighting the riverlands solo, they should be more of a proper second tier power, and they shouldn't have to defeat the riverlands to unlock a very extensive portion of their focus tree.
>>
Trying out Remains 1.0 for the first time. I like the UI improvements and weapon hotkeys. The new dashing animation made me kek.
>>
I'm about to wrap up my current game I think, I think for my next one I'll play as Harmonic changelings, with a war of the sun and moon equestria- any tips for me before I do?
>>
>>34909576
What combat skill are you maneing?
>>
>>34909742
Doing a mainly melee run since I've neglected it in my playthroughs of the previous versions, but with a bit of magic (and telekinesis to hold fuckers in place while I stab them).
>>
>>34909929
Melee is a good choice and magic is a great back up. I neglected magic through half my first play through till I realized how strong it can be. Enemy raiders have a new animation when you hold them in place, got a chuckle out of that.
>>
Just finished my Diamond Mountain playthrough. It was decent, but rather uneventful. Hellquill got taken out by the Socialist Republic of Longsword, partly thanks to my volunteer. And I didn't feel like trying to solo the Empire after forming the Federation. I will say, it's super cool that you get a bonus for each member state that gets into the union, and I love that you not only inherit all the units, ships, and equipment, but all the commanders, companies, and governmental advisors. If there was more of an endgame, I think that the sky would be the limit for the Riverlands. I think I'll go through it again once the new continent comes in, and there are more majors to compete with and align against.

Also I wish that 'river' wasn't the endonym for the region- 'riverlands' or 'riverlander' would work much better.
>>
>>34909732
Encirclememts were key when I did it and dont forget to edit the equus countries paths before starting or you might not be able to expand.
>>
>>34910066
Yea, the River ponies have a lot of cool things going for them. Did you also manage to get the hillfolks into the federation?
>>
File: 20200126125847_1.jpg (640 KB, 1920x1080)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>34909130
I guess eaw illuminati masons want international cooperation.

>>34909418
Problem is that both Longsword and Hellquill are both meant to be essentially buffer states for the Empire, so it wouldn't make much sense lore wise to be close to as strong as the entire federation.
>>
File: 20200126130424_1.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1080)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
>>34910533
So this league thing is essentially a non-agression pact with these decisions should they accept.
>>
File: 20200126130745_1.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
>>34910536
Hmm, interesting...
>>
File: 20200126131340_1.jpg (549 KB, 1920x1080)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>34910542
I think this has something to do with those mason initiation decisions I did earlier. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
>>
File: 20200126131649_1.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>34910546
Got new decisions. Very cool shit.
>>
File: 20200126132134_1.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>34910554
So I'm appearently pretty unlucky as all but two mason initiation failed, but at least I get to embrace the Federation and Cyanolisia. The failed nations get wargoals on me.
>>
File: 20200126132607_1.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1080)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>34910559
Wingbardy declared war. Thankfully, I managed to stop them after a small push. I'm worried about the others, although they might be too scared to declare considering I have a considerable amount of volenteers.
>>
Is there any miracle trick against Minigun users, when playing as melee ?
I can't seem to do shit against the massive pushback, and they reload way to fast for me to close the distance.
Met one in the slaver building, and another one after clearing stable 88, died to both. After getting killed I just sneak up to them and murder them back, but if miniguns become more common I would like a plan that doesn't involve dying once every time.
>>
File: 1579202495065.webm (1.84 MB, 480x270)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB WEBM
Any update on anon's Noita mod?
>>
>>34910293
Yeah, when I got to the next to last focus to form the union, I went down the right side of the tree, since it seemed no other nation would want to form the union while I was in the lead. I was a bit disappointed that getting them in didn't lead to any extra bonuses.
>>34910533
Well in that case just give them some more room to expand to become a bigger threat. Hellquill and Longsword always go to war with each-other, and I already mentioned the idea that they could puppet the Arcturian Order in exchange for helping them with the dread league.
>>
Are Raycord and Megalyra dead?
Also I heard Octavia's Underworld Cello got a 90% demo completed, anyone wanna talk about it?
There's also Starved For Light which they bellied up on promised two weekly updates again.

Also I heard of some anon doing an Everfree Forest game, but he hangs out only on mlpol
>>
bump
>>
>>34910649
You might just have to exploit their line of sight, not sure what else would be effective.
>>
EAW: Having trouble playing MARESOC. Wingbardy keeps allying up and then conquering before I can build up any sort of real resistance. Any tips?
>>
>>34912818
Haven't really played in that region, but I'd suggest either trying to ally other communist nations in the area, like Prydwhen, and trying to cockblock Wingbardian expansion with volunteers whenever possible. Either that, or mess with the game rules to ensure plenty of communist allies, or a weak wingbardy.
>>
>>34912818
You seem to have missed The surprise wars mechanic. They have decisions for this. Attack aquilea when they have their revolution, and do so when wingbardy starts expanding. Once you take out either of them, The game becomes quite easy.
>>
File: outplayedd.webm (1.63 MB, 480x270)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB WEBM
>>34910796
sorry anon, been kinda not feeling up to working on it lately, so I haven't quite finished it up. maybe burnt myself out a little bit.
>>
>>34913386
I might have.. I might also not be getting into MARESOC as quickly as possible since I tried to snatch up industry on the other paths before moving to create the proper state. I should try moving into it more quickly.
>>
>>34890486
Is it possible to have a three way fight in HoI, 1984 style but with Twilight, Celestia, and Luna instead? I wanna see who will win the Equestria Civil War!
>>
>>34912818
Forts.
>>
>>34913578
You already have a 4-way civil war in the sputhern jungles.
>>
>>34913536
could you release a wip version? it looks fine from the clips. or is there something critical missing or broken? i just want to play as trixie desu
>>
>>34913536
Yes, please post a WIP. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just zip up the files and dump 'em on smutty.horse or something. If some stuff is broken or incomplete, that's okay - I've done some Noita modding before, so I can probably work around it.
>>
bump
>>
File: Cosplayception.jpg (8 KB, 147x137)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Just realized you could use bookhorse's crystal ball to change your colors.
So here is Littlepip cosplaying as Anonfilly cosplaying as Daring Do.
>>
>>34914827
Nice. Is Daring Do's outfit something you can get later on in the game? I just got to Stable 88 and cleared the first floor. I forgot how brutal some of the areas can be with loads of zebras or those robots and damn equidroids.
>>
>>34915077
>Is Daring Do's outfit something you can get later on in the game?
The usual armor seller has it, dunno if you can get it as a drop. He got it on shelves around the same time as I was doing Stable 88. Not sure if it's tied to how far you are in the story, your global level, or Barter's (I maxed it, so whatever merchants are willing to sell to me might differ from someone who didn't).
It has garbage defense and can't be improved or repaired normally, but give every kill a chance to drop an additional gemstone. Suicidal for same-level dungeon crawling, but nice when you are going back to previous zones to try and complete trials/quests.

>I forgot how brutal some of the areas
Most of my combat problems with regulars enemies were gone after I bought Star's Fury and started using Magic Shield.
Blood Moon did kick my ass violently in phase 2 tho ... not sure how I'm gonna get past her when the wiki's advice is "for the love of God never get close to her no matter what". It's kinda like that Jojo scene "I can't kick your ass unless I come closer", except it's my ass that get kicked. With a lot of bleeding.
So now I'm farming previous zones trying to level up a bit and finish random things along the way. Medicine is maxed, will probably farm to level 20 with more point in Magic just for the increase on Magic Shield, and see if miss edgy Alicorn OC is easier after that.
It was worth it anyway just for getting the robot-Owlowiscious, damn he is so much more reactive and combat-worthy than Philomena. I'm also reaching a "some much money merchants don't even have anything left worth buying" problem, which is a nice change.
>>
bump
>>
>>34915181
Seaking of I just unlocked Do's outfit. It may just be tied to lv 5 barter since it just showed up along with other stuff like life potions that you usually only see when looting. I don't remember Blood Moon being too bad I might have died once but then again I was using the minigun and that thing shreds through anything quickly. I remember the owl being nice for having more defenses but it got annoying having to repair and I went back to the phoenix eventually.
>>
>>34911665
Last time I've played a game posted on DA it was Daring Do Z. I'm completely out of the loop regarding most of FiM stuff. But I did like some of the games in the past.

How did they get Hasbro to allow the allegedly darker theme in Starved for Light? Not to mention being allowed to continue making the game at all. Because in their FAQ it says they plan to sell it eventually.
>>
Bump
>>
If you like old school battle field type games, check out Ravenfield, it needs more pony mods.

The only one avalible is hilarious though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1699847006&searchtext=pony

This game is a ton of fun, and all the mods just make it better.
>>
>>34916099
Barter being maxed is definitely the requirement for the Daring Do outfit, the stealth bonus it gives is actually quite good, I had the outfit on all the way until I got to the military base, where I promptly got one-shotted the moment I stepped inside by a crusader with a machine gun that happened to be right in front of me. Reluctantly swapped to the stealth armour after that.

>>34915181
I'm pretty sure I cheesed blood moon like almost every other boss through telekinesis and magic since I maxed them out by the time I got to stable 88.
Stealth and telekinesis works extremely well together when you're not facing a boss. It's probably my playstyle's focus on stealth, but I've found companions to get you into trouble far more often than they're helpful.
>>
File: l509ml0i52d41.jpg (78 KB, 634x1094)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>
>>34917225
I'm only ever using Telekinesis for utility stuff. Or rarely to throw crates at turrets from cover, when I'm patient enough. How much points do you need to invest in it to make it your main mean of attack ?
I will have enough points next level to reach Magic 3 or Telekinesis 3. Would either one of those be enough to cheese Blood Moon phase 2 ?
>>
>>34913536
Bump. I have an urgent need to die horribly as Rainbow Dash in nightmare mode
>>
>>34900611
So same anon here responding to myself, it looks like CDDA is literally .json. As in, every mod, every piece of data, is in plain text .json. So while it'd still take a lot of bumbling about and back and forth and frustration, I might be able to get a pony mod working for it on my own. It helps that the devs have a massive doc folder that explains every flag & such. Wish me luck
>>
>>34917811
Wishing you luck, anon.
I must confess that I am too stupid for Cataclysm DDA. I feel comfortable in Dwarf Fortress but all this crafting in Cataclysm just makes me lose my cool.
If you succeed, I promise to learn the game and play your mod.
>>
>>34917240
If you're hoping to cheese her that way, you can safely ignore magic and go all in on telekinesis, assuming you have points in the telekinesis perk that lets you throw things and actually do damage with them, since only the very heavy boxes are capable of doing good damage without being thrown.
I had master of telekinesis too, so I could hide in cover and throw the boss against walls or drop boxes at them from safety.
But telekinesis 3 means you can only pick up metal crates, and that is way less powerful than just lifting and dropping very heavy boxes on things. A well timed drop from a very heavy box will do over a thousand damage every time, and you can do it from cover too. I think your best bet is to hide in cover, grab the boss and throw her against walls and solid platforms.
But while it's a very spamable move, it also takes mana to lift and throw things. You should be fine as long as you have the magic keeper augmentation though, I never had to use mana potions outside of near death situations to cast crystal shield once I got that augmentation, even though magic is my only source of damage.
>>
>>34890486
Is Equestria at War easy to mod? what other games are easy to mod?
>>
>>34918704
Equestria at war is already a mod.
>>
>>34917811
Wishing you luck as well, anon.
I too tried to learn CDDA my own self a long time ago, but I would definitely sit down again and attempt to master it in order to enjoy your work.
>>
>>34918704
I mean, a lot of non-AAA games just use regular file formats that you can directly edit, like having textures as .png's and such. You just open the code in notepad and change a few numbers or replace the textures with something else with the same name and bam, you have a mod.

Paradox games like HOI4 are a bit harder. Basic texture swaps and code edits require specialized programs, but they still aren't THAT hard to figure out. I have a mod that just replaces a few of the graphics with previous versions, for example, and it was not hard to do once I had the right tools to see the images and such. Actually adding new mechanics and changing in-game mechanics is harder because it has its own scripting language, but again, many edits you can make yourself just by poking around. It does take some specialized knowledge to do, though, and especially if you want to get properly good, it's something that you can almost go to school for.
>>
>>34890486
Any modder who thinks that they're so fucking special because they made a mod should be shot. Especially when forum moderators and users side with them.
>>
>>34920021
I agree, especially when they think they can get away with monetizing them like Bethesda's stupid creation club
>>
>>34918704
>what other games are easy to mod?
Victoria 2, a vastly superior game to Hearts of Casuals 4.
>>
>>34920021
None of that came up here, but sure.
>>
>>34920021
What are you even talking about?
>>
File: 1564439552333.jpg (23 KB, 321x316)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>34920021
>Player makes a mod
>Uses SDK built by a team of devs
>Often reusing assets found in the game made by a team of artists
>All built into a gameplay loop meticulously crafted by a team of designers
But nah, they're the ones that deserve to be treated like royalty as they pretend they're better than everyone else.
Some mod communities absolutely disgust me, unless you're working on a sourceport no one thinks you're hot shit.
>>
>>34920723
Sure. Don't know how this fits in to any pony mods in particular but ok.
>>
>>34920732
Fair point, I just saw the post and felt obligated to reply.
>>
File: Victory.jpg (45 KB, 553x509)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>34918246
Well nevermind.
Made a new try at random, and the fight was a lot easier after I realized you could interrupt her telekinetic grip with your own.
Still had to pop in-and-out of cover, which was weird as melee, but it ended up being a fun fight.
Also helped : killing the blades first, and popping every possible drugs before the fight (thanks "Combat Stimulators" perk, love you).
>>
File: base.png (3.3 MB, 2388x1000)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
Here's a 2 year old base I made in survival on 2b2t.
>>
File: iwtcirdmapart.png (1.13 MB, 2388x1000)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Here's a iwtcird map art I made
>>
File: ELF_Focus_Tree.png (727 KB, 1280x1129)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
Someone wants post war content?
>>
File: FoE.png (79 KB, 621x345)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>34907283
Looked through the mods for 44.12 in more detail:

>My Little Fortress:Friendship is Magma
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13797
This is pony mod for another mod called "Desolation" which adds a lot of very weird stuff and creatures. It combines content of original MLP, Fallout Equestria, anthros and very colourful beings to say the least:
https://df-desolation.fandom.com/wiki/FiM_Version
The sections for chimeric and diomedian ponies are just...
There is a lot of stuff and I guess you need to manipulate advanced world gen to not get a clusterfuck.
If you want to play as pony with tentacles, you are in the right place.

> Fallout Equestria Redux
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172157.0
Total conversion. Has complete overhaul of flora, fauna and tech tree. Features power armor, robots, guns, explosives, laser and plasma weapons, magic, working cutie mark system and fighting alicorns. Seems more hardcore than usual Dwarf Fortress.

> My Little Fortress 2: Electric Boogaloo
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174663.0
More canon friendly version of pony mod. Just ponies,changelings, griffins, yaks, zebras and so on. Nothing fancy or weird yet. Stuck in development hell.
I guess, I will play this one.
>>
>>34922551
What is this game in your picture? Seems Boulder Dash-y.
>>
>>34922349
Is this supposed to be for Equestria in exile?
>>
>>34922599
This is equestrian resistance that rises up after the lings conquer og Equestria.
>>
>>34922349
Appearently this is supposed to give the changelings a challange if they beat Equestria.
>>
>>34922551
>working cutie mark system
Now that's interesting - I wonder how they did that? I hope it's not just defining 500 different castes for the pony creature
>>
>>34921108
Good job anon. Will keep that tele grip trick in mind. You also got me thinking that I should really be using the stealth armor over other armors. The evasion bonus seems much preferable to the minor damage resistance benefits that the other armors give right? Not only are you less lightly to get hit but that also means less materials spent on repairing armor. Seems like a win win besides losing out on small damage bonuses.
>>
>>34923339
Oh and the built in stealth deal is really useful too.
>>
>>34922828
Ah. For who? Not the Changelings I suspect?

Also while I'm here, is Equestria getting another dominion with the Zebrica update? I feel they should, so they feel more like the mods equivelant of the british/American's like they're clearly supposed to be.
>>
>>34923394
The rebellion starts in The manehattan protectorate, then probably either a war with the lings or some ways to get land through decisions/events before the war.

And yes, they are getting a new dominion, Puerto Caballo. Basically Cuba. There is a lot of lore about it in the Wiki.
>>
>>34917811
>it looks like CDDA is literally .json. As in, every mod, every piece of data, is in plain text .json.
No. But you can change a lot via JSON alone.
>>
File: foe2.png (241 KB, 1922x1159)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>34922578
Fallout Equestria Redux for Dwarf Fortress with tileset.

>>34923265
It uses castes. They even duplicated them for male and female ponies separately. Even griffons have castes but for separate weapons of choice only. At least, actual cutie mark corresponds with "talent" so you will not see a farmer with a symbol of grenade on their flank or mage with a slice of pie.
>>
>>34893793
Absolutely based
>>
>>34924529
Also, forgot to mention.
Pegasi are not playable, only unicorns and earth ponies. Not because of lore reasons. Flight screws pathfinding.
>>
There is a really good Slay the Spire mod that adds in all 6 Elements of Harmony with as a full class. It's a bit too strong but it has some really fun interactions once you play with it for a while.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1903548644
>>
bump
>>
>>34922551
>diomedian ponies
So that is where that thing came from.
I remember there was a fanfic which started like post-apocalyptic sci-fi which then turned into asshole Anon in Equestria, which later turned into Anon in Equestria is a leader of group of seven ponies and they build a settlement. It also had those weird Berserk-like monster ponies with spines, arms, tentacles and other shit.
>>
>>34925787
No, they're both based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mares_of_Diomedes
>>
bump
>>
What is the best pony game?
>>
>>34927310
>Ponyvania
>FoE:Remains
>Filly Astray
>Fighting Is Magic (although TFH is objectively better, but not pony anymore)
One of those, depending on what type of vidya you like.

Ashes of Equestria and Ponygame are promising too, but nowhere near finished.
That one new pony MMO project also seem going well, but no demo yet.
>>
File: 1524689112184.jpg (21 KB, 358x397)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>only 11/12 Cyberpony magazines
FUUUUUUUCK WHERE'S THE LAST ONE
>>
So i just played through ponyvania as all three races and i have to ask, does pegasus feel a little awkward for anyone else? the dash had a bad habit of putting me on top of a projectile when i needed to do precision dodging, the backdash is kinda weird on account that you have to turn your back towards the enemy or projectile to dodge it on a game where turning around is already a little sluggish, the ability to move while attacking while great with a spear means you often depend on gale slash to attack overhead and the flying ability seems to be rendered useless by the room being too small or enemies hitting you out of the air or both, i figured it out with earth and unicorn but i could not for the life of me find out how to play pegasus reliably
>>
>>34927756
I remember having to carve a few walls at random for this.
And also some passage where you had to go left despite the map layout clearly telling you there was no reason going that direction.
>>
>>34917811
>>34918192
This is the first time I'm hearing about CDDA, it looks interesting. I'm assuming it's a roguelike? The description on the website is pretty vague.
>>
>>34921407
Is it still standing?
>>
>>34929000
Yes, Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead is a post-apocalyptic open-world roguelike.
Usual game goes like this: you are very carefully scavenging the world and running away from hordes of enemies. It does not have a levels or experience, your skills progress by using them and reading books and magazines. It also has cybernetics, mutations, vehicle driving and quite impressive crafting system.
And, yes you can tune your cars too, turning them into Killdozers or Mad Max cars.
There are also followers mechanic but socializing is skittish: one moment survivors are okay with you but a minute later they rob you.
The game could very unfair in times, you can fight but you will not kill everything in sight, you need to manage weight of stuff you are carrying, hunger, sanity. Crafting is mandatory and scavenging for proper materials and instruments is quite a challenge.
The game has a lot of mods: mods for new equipment, dinosaurs, magic, battle maids and so on.
>>
>>34929207
>sanity
Since when?

>Crafting is mandatory
Not really. A very lucky or a very skilled player can live entirely without it.

Also vehicles have a number of problems which without fail result in wasted runs for newer players.
>>
>>34929207
Well hey, I only got past Sokoban once in slashem, let's give this a try
>>
File: PicsArt_12-17-06.38.26.png (310 KB, 784x720)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
*pop* *siip*
"976... those were the days. We kicked the imps hard"
>>
>>34929231
Right, it is called morale.
>>
File: zebrahops.webm (1.27 MB, 320x180)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB WEBM
I'm getting closer to getting everything sorted out to upload my pony noita mod. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.
>>
>>34929527
There better be a stock "ppphhhttttbbb" noise every time the zebra jumps.
>>
File: 1574826813648.gif (811 KB, 231x266)
811 KB
811 KB GIF
>>34929527
Excellent
>>
>>34927756
>>34928695
What's the deal with that dead underground tree in the facility? Is it some story element that i missed?
>>
>>34930322
I think that was just a reference to something.
>>
>>34930322
Wondered too.
Don't miss that the wall on the other side of it is breakable.
>>
File: CyberponyMagazines.png (50 KB, 1727x299)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>34927756
>>
>>34929527
Looks nice.
>>
File: protect her smile.png (31 KB, 197x199)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>Got crit by an Alicorn for 672 damage
I dislike this game sometimes
>>
>>34931479
Did you get boxed? They can one-shot you no matter what if they happen to pick up a heavy enough box and threw it at the right angle.
>>
>>34931626
I'm almost positive it was a lightning bolt. I think I had my magic shield up and 20% lightning resist, I know that isn't much but still that much damage is absurd.
>>
>>34931090
Thanks anon. It was 3b that I missed. I was wondering what the logo there was referring to, but I didn't think to move the box.
>>
>>34931640
Refer those thanks to the game's wikia. That place has a lot of info, it's where I got the map from.
>>
>>34932563
Oh sweet, the wiki was finally updated. In every single run, I would end up missing one harmony crystal in the gun workshop, apparently the couch at the end is a chest.
>>
File: 1575840114547.gif (65 KB, 360x360)
65 KB
65 KB GIF
For anyone following secret horse files, there's an update coming Monday
This one's on me
https://dailevy.space/shf_builds/003a33/
User: patron
Pass: bugbellies
>>
>>34932727
>Can't even have characters cum on other ones like in that furry game it's ripping off
Gay
>>
>>34932813
Yeah, I'm still kinda pissed that wasn't in this update
There is a set of names for characters under receiving in personality though even if it's greyed out
Anyways, here's what IS new
https://pastebin.com/jDv00CX8
>>
>>34890486
can you guess what is wrong with my griffonian empire?
>>
File: BlueAlicorn.png (30 KB, 144x135)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>34931479
Yeah, crits from high alpha enemies are kinda ridiculous.

Anyone know if Evasion *actually* do anything against high tier opponents ? Mechanically the wiki say it "make it harder to be hit" but I wouldn't be surprised if most enemies past Factory had like 299% hit chance anyway. Asking because I'm maxxing the shit out of Evasion and it doesn't seem to do that much. I know it's supposedly normal to not do much vs Alicorn as their main attack is lightning-based with apparently bypass evasion completely. Do it even do anything against spells and melee attacks ? I know yours can fail, but I never see a "miss" from the enemies.
>>
>>34932862
80% child population? Or is it Socialism? I've never played this game.
>>
>>34932931
nope, try again

(hint, the leader)
>>
>>34932862
It hasn't retaken control Nova Griffonia yet. Also too few ponypower.
>>
>>34933004
I don't even know which one is the leader. Is it "Archon"? The only thing that seems wrong about that one is that they are dangerously close to anthro.
>>
>>34933011
nope
>too few ponypower
and why is that? you think
>>34933024
> Is it "Archon"?
yep

getting warmer

have another hint: why this archon (there are 3 archons) and where should this archon normally be?
>>
File: 916170.png (221 KB, 710x810)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>34932862
Ah for fuck sake guys, it's a bird jew leading the nazis, y'all fuckin blind or some shit?
Look at the fucker's hat.
>>
>>34932862
Rumare isn't yours.

Also you have no advisers.
>>
File: Archonn Eros VII.png (25 KB, 98x131)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>34933043
no its not that
I mean the religion of the girffons in game is kinda supposed to be like medieval christianity but polytheistic with 3 different gods and a 4th evil good (maar), and christianity is a jewish cult but in universe griffons are kinda supposed to be the jews but also in the canon of the game some griffons are also nazis so we re not really sure who s a jew and who isnt, its all getting really confusing, ytou could make a case that the equivalent of the pope leading the empire is kinda like a jew leading the empire if you stick to the comparaison with christianity, but anyways this isnt the point

>>34933047
>>34933011
its not about mappainting

I told you everything you needed to know
look at the leader, he shouldnt be leading the empire, who is he?

normally archon eros VII is in charge, pic related

why isnt he in charge?
>>
>>34933041
Is Archon like Pope? They look like a Catholic Cardinal. Are going on a Crusade? The only Archon I knew of before this is an Eldritch Abomination that breaks reality.
>>34933053
Did someone pull off a Julius Caesar?
>>
>>34933057
>Is Archon like Pope?
yeah, their religion has 3 popes basically, one for each deity
>>
>>34933063
How did you go from VII(7) to XII(12)?
>>
>>34933053
>>griffons are kinda supposed to be the jews
>actually fighting in wars
>actually building & producing something
>actually managing their own nation instead of parasiting an existing one
Yeah no. They have nothing in common.
>>
>>34933053
He probably died.

Also I'm surprised Falcor is still alive.
>>
File: ROMAU 1.jpg (751 KB, 1920x1080)
751 KB
751 KB JPG
>>34933073
>How did you go from VII(7) to XII(12)?
the number is different but so is the dynasty, he isnt the same archon as the one who rules griffonstone, why is that?

>>34933075
>He probably died.
oh he sure did

unfortunate heart attack, old age and all that...

still, can you solve the mystery? who is arcvhon erion XII? why is he sitting on the throne of the empire?
>>
>>34933136
You conquered the Empire with Romau and the old archon died so this guy takes his place. Never played Romau so I'm just guessing.

Also did Lake City leave the Federation and attack you?
>>
>>34933136
He is from Romau. Did you actually won against Empire?
>>
File: 39410539.png (65 KB, 500x538)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>34933155
>You conquered the Empire with Romau
correct

what I did is pretty much like if the vatican conquered all of the ex roman empire including in 1900s

very hard to do
I started by allying the empire, fighting as many wars as possible to get thick, then I betrayed the empire and slaughtered their entire army while they were inside my borders

>and the old archon died so this guy takes his place.
no, I was in charge of the empire since I had conquered all of the heartlands including the imperial city, then I poisoned the other archon to get rid of my rival and passed it off as an incident

>>34933157
>He is from Romau. Did you actually won against Empire?
yep

I am very impressed but the devs actually mad' an entire secret focus tree for romau if they manage to conquer the empire

basically you get to run it like a backwards medieval theocracy, you get the griffonian inquisition, you get to teach creationism in schools etc, its pretty fun

sadly there is a glitch and even though you conquered the empire, you re still considered an "imperial free city", meaning you get very little manpower
>>
>>34933136
Don't be so smug about it compadre, not everyone has played every path of every minor country in game. It's just the fascist leader of romanu.
Btw congrats on your conquest, it does seems like a hard one to pull of, how did it went?
>>
File: world conquest attempt.jpg (554 KB, 1920x1080)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>34933182
>Btw congrats on your conquest, it does seems like a hard one to pull of, how did it went?
see>>34933178

I also did this
hellquill world conquest
>>
File: Spoiler Image (108 KB, 504x566)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>34933136
>Erion breathed a sigh of relief and clasped his claws.
Did he?
>>
>>34933182
>It's just the fascist leader of romanu.
?
oh yeah they added a bunch of paths for romau in the last update
i played before that he use to be the only leader of romau, the default and historical romau

if you set historical focus on, you get the boreas archon being the regent of the empire reconquering ther lost lands, and archon erion as a puppet of romau, that acts as the only semi independant land of the empire
>>
>>34933189
basically the entire playthrough

ambitious young griffon who rises through the ranks by backstabbing everyone, become one of the 3 popes, then helps the empire in its conquests, only to backstab them and take the imperial city, before assasinating the other pope and sending the 3rd pope to fight agaisnt the necromancer waifu, and then cucking grover 6 and taking the crown for himself, all the while rubbing his hands together

I wonder if there is an edit of the merchant as erion somewhere

pretty memorable playthrough
>>
File: Implications.png (228 KB, 578x325)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Finally killed that damn Zeeb.
Turn out drinking a potion of dispell curse each time I was hit by something was all I needed.
That and going back to the slowing field thing instead of usual Magic Shield, and not forgetting to use the drug that increase run speed.
Only died once (during phase 1, forgot to cleanse the curse of "stop hitting yourself"), and phase 2 was actually easier since she didn't use her dark magic gatling gun.

About pic related :
Is this Twilight's corpse ? The recording playing right next to those bones seem to imply it ...
>>
>>34933629
Is that game any good?
>>
>>34934247
Very, very good. And I say that as someone who doesn't really like FoE.
>>
>>34932908
Evasion worked really well for me, the enemy won't miss if you're right up in their face, but if you're far away and behind cover, almost all shots from the enemy would have high chances of missing you.
I'm pretty sure even lightning bolts missed me before, but I was in cover, and also had a stealthbuck active, not sure how much those affect the odds.
>>
File: Sneak.png (12 KB, 200x200)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>34934266
>the enemy won't miss if you're right up in their face
Yeah, guess there has to be *some* drawback about playing melee.
The stealth armor is still my favorite, just because with maxed Sneak I can usually murder half a room before they actually start attacking me instead of panic-shooting randomly in the air.
But that mean I should probably switch to the power armor for bosses, if the Evasion thing is confirmed to not do that much with my build.
Fuck, that mean I invested into the 3 "Bullet dodger" perks and crafted all those "Potion of Intuition" for not much then.
>>
>>34932908
It doesn't work for melee afaik and I don't think for spells either. Also some enemies like certain gryphons have a natural accuracy bonus which can hinder it.
>>
>>34933629
>spoiler
Her or Cadence, I think. I don't know how far does FoE: Remains diverge from the original storyline, but in the original fic we do learn what happened to Twilight and this skeleton certainly wouldn't be her (FoE got finished by the time Luna Eclipsed aired so Cadence and Shinning Armor don't exist there).
>>
>>34934300
Yeah, that armour is amazing, especially with the built in stealthbuck, but bosses cheat, I had the highest possible stealth and they still seem to know where I was.
Evasion doesn't do much for you if you're using melee, since while if you have over a hundred percent evasion, that just makes enemies twice as likely to miss you, and if you're close enough that chance is effectively 100% anyway.
Unless they happen to be using a sniper rifle, those have accuracy penalties when the target is too close, though I'm not sure if it applies to enemies.
I've also just double checked, apparently lightning elemental attacks will always hit, be it from you or your enemies.
>>
>>34934252
Just went through the tutorial building. Yea, it is very well made. I love the pony sprites.

Also, I didn't read the fanfic, but God, those bloetsprites that lay eggs in you sounds fucking terrifying.
>>
>>34934252
>>34934819
what game is that?
t. out of the loop
>>
>>34934970
http://foe.ucoz.org/main_en.html
>>
File: Calm down lesbian horse.jpg (104 KB, 1194x744)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>LittlePip's swearing
Her text when failing at lock-picking/hacking already made it clear she has some fetish involving royal horns and various orifices, but damn.
>>
https://rave.dj/ywyTQqkYK5wMjA
>>
>>34935414
Hot
>>
>>34935414
LittlePip is adorable as fuck.
>>
Is there a place where I can find dev-diaries for equestria at war? I want to see what the devs are working on, and how far in the future it is. The wiki seems to only have them for the previous update.
>>
File: esoteric psodyism.png (17 KB, 857x94)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>34936265
The reddit page has summaries every tuesday whenever they can be bothered, but it's mostly just collections of what's posted in the discord server's teasers channel. Either one of those will tell you what they're up to.

The discord server is great fun and not reddit, so I'd recommend you go there. Pic related is one of the main devs in a public channel, to give you an idea of the kind of environment it is.
>>
I had a fun thought.

Aryanne Hoofler isn't in Equestria at War right? I was thinking if she was, it'd be kind of hilarious if the Cutie Mark Crusaders came across her, and you get an event chain where they help her find out that her cutie mark doesn't mean that her special talent isn't being racist towards everypony, but auspiciousness instead.

And then you have the option to become harmonic, or double down on the fascism.
>>
>>34936720
Harmonic nazi nation? I kinda want that now.
>>
>>34936720
There is a mod for Aryanne becoming a leader of New Mareland but it is not updated yet for current version.
The only "fanon" character in mod is Queen Velvet. Everyone else are canon or OC.
>>
File: 1991097.png (352 KB, 744x1000)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>34936720
There is a pic of her clearly drawn in MrScroup's portrait style, it's just the needed effort to put her in the game is what we need.
>>
>>34936720
Specist *

She is specist, not racist, there is nothing wrong with specism
>>
>>34936720
God, aryannefags are so pathetic. She has no personality, nothing interesting about her. Just hurr durr nazi pony. I am glad they did not out her in The mod. She is not a good character.
>>
bump
>>
File: 1234.png (492 KB, 640x466)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
Do you need to read Fallout Equestria to enjoy Remains? I know that it is kind of self-contained story but does it have a lot of stuff which could go over your head if you do not know about it?
>>
>>34938016
Don't think so.
>>
>>34938016
Never read FoE, didn't had any problem understanding what was going on.
I'm a Falloutfag tho, might have helped.

Remains' story isn't that complex (without spoilers) :
>world is fucked by nuclear+chemical+magical war
>near total anarchy among the survivors on the surface, even centuries later
>(you) get thrown out of the bunker you were born in, because they need you to go fetch a bunch of McGuffins in old pre-war ruins
>they don't want you to snitch on the bunker position, so they half-brainwipe you and only give you a kitchen knife, two bandaids and a Snickers for equipment
>encounter various groups that are fighting for their survival or to conquer the pile of mud and radiations that Equestria is now
It's basically a huge fetch quest with various groups dumbly deciding to put themselves between your gun and the McGuffins' last known position.
>>
>>34937260
>>34937296
Maybe she could be in an equestrian dominion in Zebrica? Bonus points- her advisors are all background ponies.
>>
Why hasn't anyone made a Stellaris mlp pony race? Wouldn't that work surprisingly well?
>>
Hey, I think I saw somewhere that there's a leader in griffonia that writes celestia and luna princest fanfiction. Is that true? Because if so I definitely want to play that country.
>>
>>34938892
i think it's harmonist griefenmarschen
>>
>>34938641
I know jackshit about Stellaris (other than it's a space civilization thing) but :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685412027
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739945262
>>
>>34938912
Thanks anon.
>>
>>34938945
Oh wow, thanks Anon!
>>
bump
>>
>>34890486
I want to get into HOI4 but I'm an RTS brainlet, what should I do?
>>
>>34940014
Watch some tutorial vids on YouTube. Most of the Paradox games do a good job of letting you know what does what, so you can usually learn after a few failed attempts, but HOI4 is the worst at it.

Some starting tips-
PP is political power, you use it to change your government, pic advisors and military high command to strengthen yourself. You'll want to base your decisions on how early you'll think you'll be at war, and what kind of war you expect to fight- if you expect an early war pick military bonuses, if you expect a later war pick civilian bonuses.
XP is split amongst army, navy, and air, you use them to edit your units, vehicles, and rush war-doctrine research. You'll rarely need to edit your vehicles that aren't boats, so only do so if you reach the XP cap (usually 500).
When editing your army templates, pay attention to combat width- that determines how many units can fight in a battle- pick a multiple 5, so 5, 10, 20, of 40, I usually stick to 10 and 20 width. Support companies don't add to combat width. Try to throw in some artillery in your units, but you'll only need 1 or 2.
For Air Warfare, build planes, put them in wings of 100, assign them to an air region with an airport, and choose a mission- only choose one mission per wing, as air-wings don't double up on missions, they'll pick the first you picked. Fighters are your bread and butter, because otherwise your planes will get shot down and not do anything (pick air-superiority). CAS help with ground combat, tac-bombers can do that and industrial bombing. Industrial bombing is only worth it if you can get air-superiority, or you want to soften up an enemy before an attack. Long-Range stuff is very situational if you have the resources and have an enemy far, far away. Naval Bombers can shred enemy navies.
(cont.)
>>
>>34940178
Naval-warfare, destroyers are to protect your convoys (which move resources, troops, and guns), or to scout for enemy fleets. You can also turn them into cheap minelayers. Battleships are dedicated naval fighters. They are really expensive though, they take a few years to build, and you're probably going to have less than ten even as a major power. Carriers are the last-word in naval warfare, but cost as much if not more than battleships, and require industry to make dedicated carrier planes. Only make one if you are a major, and don't expect to have more than five. Submarines are for hunting convoys- they are very sneaky, but have zero health. Cruisers are the jack of all trades- for when you want more expensive destroyers, or cheaper battleships.

I would recommend as your first nation to play to be Venezeula in base HOI4. You'll be in south-America which means you are far away from outside powers to worry about, you can work towards the goal of forming Gran Columbia (certain nations can form bigger nations), and you'll start with a simple military that you can slowly expand.

Hope this helps.
>>
So I played harmonist Greifmarschen, but I got curbstomped by the empire. I thought I could get an alliance with the Republic to stave them off, but nope.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get any fanfiction related events- did I miss anything?
>>
>>34940198
You just need to attack at the right moment and build forts.
>>
BYE BYE ZIGGERS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>34940440
I don't get the joke.
>>
Speaking of gaming and pastle horses.
Anyone got that combo image of all the MLP:FiM references during the early days of fandom that got into the vidyas?
>>
File: 1575959038132.png (333 KB, 1040x1024)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>34940446
there is no punchlines
this isnt a joke
>>
>>34940440
Gj, there was no way you could have won without that nuke.
>>
>>34940440
the devs say that apparently nukes reduce the populaction of a proviince, but it feels like they re lying, can you confirm if the population actually drops when you drop a nuke?

also how did you manage to get all 8 nations to join upo the union?
>>
>>34940839
It went from 860,000 or so down to 790,000. Also, I followed the "Dream of a Federation" focus tree. Elect Wavebreaker in the very beginning and focus on industry.
>>
>>34940195
Why not Colombia tho? Basically all the same but a bit more powerful. Also good luck taking the Panama channel whiout getting btfo by the gringos
>>
Anything I should know before getting into pony fallout? Any tip? Melee or guns? Etc
>>
>>34940839
They do reduce pop, but the first nuke dropped on a province is way more effective than any following ones for some time. You technically can nim a a province into 0 pop but it will take you a 100 nukes or so.
>>
>>34941115
Venezuela starts fascist, which means they can get on conquering as soon as they want while you need to wait a year to flip to communism or fascism as colombia.
>>
>>34940198
i don't think there are any events, it's just in the description of the leader when you hover over his portrait
>>
>>34941123
Pick what you like to use but be sure to have multiple viable damage types available. Melee/Energy/Magic can cover this more easily than firearms but all can preform well. Imo it's best to spec into two main combat types to cover most of your bases. As for extra useful perks there's a telekinesis 4 perk lets you grab stuff through walls and a science 4 perk lets you hack turrets to turn on your enemies. Take your time and don't rush unfamiliar areas, getting downed often will drain you of your resources quick.
>>
>>34940014
HoI4 won't improve you, faggot. It's hardly strategy.
>>34940178
>Most of the Paradox games do a good job of letting you know what does what, so you can usually learn after a few failed attempts, but HOI4 is the worst at it.
Like you've played anything other than HoShit 4, faggot.
>>
This thread is like reddit incarnate. I hate you all.
>>
>>34941123
If you have already played Fallout, there is some key difference in build :
The game is both very long and much more generous with skill points and perks - to the point that you will have maxxed most stuff by the end. So your build plan isn't so much "pick the 3 things your character won't suck at" than "pick the 2-3 things your character won't bother with". Unlike in Fallouts there is also no objectively useless skills.
Keep in mind that everything cost a fuckton of money, especially getting patched up / repaired. So you will need to balance your leveling up spending between the shit that make you die less VS the shit that get you more resources. Lockpicking & Science allow you to open safes & doors (a lot of locked doors can be kicked/sledgehammered instead), Repair allow you to repair your shit yourself for a lower cost, Medicine boost self-healing (basic potion heal jump from 40HP to 100HP), and Barter reduce the buying cost of everything except the medic (there is two "free" medics later in the game tho). Maxing those make the difference between a run barely breaking even, and being able to buy all the fancy shit you see.
As for melee vs guns, I struggled with my first few chars, and it become a lot easier when I randomly tried a melee build for shit and giggle. The dev is a meleefag from what I heard on the net, and it show.
>>
>>34890911
Where's the link?
>>
>>34941130
What he said. Trying to switch over as Columbia would just be adding political concerns where they aren't needed for a newbie.
>>34941385
That's a damn shame. There's a distinct lack of princest in this mode.
>>34941550
I've played CK2, Stellaris, and my personal favorite is EUIV. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove here.
>>
bump
>>
>>34929527
Still hoping for an update on this Noita mod
>>
>>34941555
ok
>>
File: 20200203195223_1.jpg (753 KB, 2560x1440)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
playing the countess of blackhollow, got attacked by prywhen and lushi before i could do anything. zaphizia attacked prywhen and it got really messy
>>
File: 20200203200219_1.jpg (1.12 MB, 2560x1440)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>34942764
this is the current situation. prywhen is kill and zaphizia has fucked off.
>>
File: 20200203202118_1.jpg (973 KB, 2560x1440)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
>>34942769
it is over. now, to claim my birthright.
>>
>>34942801
Interesting. I only ever played them as Blackrock. Is the Blackhollow focus tree any good?
>>
>>34942801
nevermind, i can't access my focus tree because it's locked behind lushi beind independent and there's no bypass. i'll see if i can un-puppet them somehow.
>>
>>34942824
didn't get to experience much of it, but it was probably the messiest playthrough i've had in terms of combat. if you're going to try it then take the right tree instead of the lushi alliance one as it can lock you out; lushi can attack you before you actually ally them.
>>
I started a recent playthrough as the Griffonian Empire, anything I should know?

Right now it seems like the game is trying to contain me as I keep buffing my nation with national spirits until I annex some of my allies and puppets.

I will say, mods like Kaiserreich really annoy me in how they pretty much lock you out of a mechanized army unless you are like Germany, but I feel that for the most part EaW doesn't do that- even now I'm just stuck with lack of manpower to deploy armored units, but it still miffs me.
>>
I had a thought.

I think I saw a meme that crackshipping has become something of a meme in the mod. I was wondering- what if Chysalis did Wife-Swap 2, electric boogaloo?

You'd have a focus, or maybe a decision to try to infiltrate the crystal empire, which would kick off an event-chain. Depending on your choices in the event chain, Chrysalis will pose as Cadence once again, maybe just kidnapping the real Cadence, or successfully doing a coup and puppeting the crystal empire, or perhaps just gaining an attack bonus on the crystal empire, or perhaps she falls in love with Shining Armor, becomes reform, and they have a three-way polyamorous relationship with Cadence.
>>
File: funsurprise.webm (2.07 MB, 320x320)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>34942215
Sorry anon, more little things keep coming up that I want to fix. I realized while play testing that some perks broke the pegasi flying script so I've had to work on a way to stop those perks from spawning.
bunches of little things like this keep popping up. SOON™ though I swear
>>
>>34943316
take your time, anon. it's looking great.
>>
>>34943316
Post it anyway and I'll help you debug. I don't care if I have to write some Lua, I just want to be the qt alchemist pone.

>I've had to work on a way to stop those perks from spawning.
Just copy scripts/perks/perk_list.lua and comment out the ones you don't like? Or if you want better compat across game versions then use ModLuaFileAppend to add some code that walks through the perk_list and deletes the bad ones
>>
Anyone know what happened to this guy?
https://twitter.com/EverFChronicles
>>
>>34943933
Saw him posting like a year ago on /mlpol/. Apparently he doesn't come here any more because he's paranoid and will only post through Tor
>>
File: lol.gif (1.97 MB, 320x180)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>34943783
Yeah I already figured it out. I was trying to make it more future proof so replacing perk_list wasn't what I wanted to do. I was doing ModLuaFileAppend and then originally using table.remove for each perk's position in perk_list originally, but the devs are adding perks to the middle of the fucking table and screwing up the positions of other perks. So your second suggestion was what I had done, made a function that looked through every perk in the table checking for the bad perk's ID name and then returning that perk's position in the table to remove it through table.remove.
I've actually got very little coding experience but so far I've managed to figure out on my own all the lua coding I needed to make things work. But thanks for the offer.
I should honestly just upload the damn mod already because I could likely spend a month just tweaking tiny insignificant details.
>>
>>34943993
>I should honestly just upload the damn mod already
Do it. It doesn't matter how long you spend - the moment you give it to actual users, they'll find all kinds of crazy-ass bugs you would never have caught on your own. (Speaking from experience here)
>>
>>34944052
How does that joke go?
A company builds a robot bar, and sends a guy over to QA test the robot bartender. He asks it for a drink, then for five drinks, then for ten drinks, for a thousand drinks, for a hundred million drinks, for zero drinks, for negative drinks, and for [null] drinks, and every time the robot bartender gives the appropriate response. He gives the okay and the bar opens.
The first customer walks in. He asks where the bathroom is. The robot bartender looks at him and catches fire.
>>
>>34943993
That's some sexy spritework.
>>
thought on dorf game hoers mods?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104959.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121116.0
>>
thoughts?
https://sites.google.com/site/oldponishproject/news
>>
>>34945279
Already done here for last stable version (44,12) but if you want details:
>>34922551

>http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0
The first pony mod made for v.31. Abandoned, author MIA.
>http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104959.0
A fork of beforehand mentioned mod for v.34
>http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0
Updated version of fork for v43. Abandoned, picked up and updated by other guy at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174663.0
The other two mods (Fallout Equestria total conversion and Pony Desolation) are for 44.12 and summarized in that post.
>>
>>34945337
Seems like Tolkien language at a first glance.
>>
>>34945337
The only sites that I hate more than sites without a "what the hell it is" section are sites without a "what the hell it is" section and a "join our Discord server xD uwu~"
>>
File: 1420073765039.jpg (935 KB, 1300x4520)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
>>34940452
found this but it's probably out of date. i think i've seen an updated version before
>>
>>34890486
>2020
>still no rimworld pony mod
>>
>>34945839
There was a mod for Alpha 14 but it is not so good.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24676.0
>>
>>34945839
Be the change you want to see.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.16 MB, 1920x1080)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
Spoilers for FoE Remains kinda. Is this supposed to be the remains of Luna's damned soul or some equivalent?
>>
>>34946192
Yes.
When the bomb started to fall, she decided to raid Canterlot's most famous whine cellar, to die drunk as hell and happy.
She got last-minute-drunken-guilt about not having even tried to protect the population, and now her ghost patrol all ancient alcohol shops/storage in the city.
>>
bump
>>
File: celestial_fire.webm (2.64 MB, 480x270)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB WEBM
alright, the pony noita mod is up

https://modworkshop.net/mod/26534
>>
>>34946837
thank you anon
>>
File: unrar.png (8 KB, 677x79)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>34946837
Excellent, thanks anon
Now I just have to figure out how to open this meme archive format
>>
>>34947017
Yessssss, this is exactly what was driving me to make the mod in the first place. Seeing all the horrible ways ponies would get blown apart and killed.

>>34947049
Oh
should I have not used winrar to zip it up then? I didnt even think of that being an issue, I thought most archive programs could open .rar files?
>>
File: DUDE SPEED LMAO.webm (2.43 MB, 800x512)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB WEBM
>>34947075
It works okay if you're not a freetard like me.

You should really check out 7zip though. It compresses better, supports every archive format under the sun, and respects your freedoms. There is literally no reason to use winrar in the year 2015
>>
File: perks.png (483 KB, 1280x720)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
>customized perk icons
Nice
>>
>>34947049
>RAR 2.0
Holy shit, I have a 2.0 archiver for MS-DOS somewhere. Things like ARJ and UHA probably aren't supported out of the box in most distros today.
>>
>>34946192
Not to my knowledge. I think it's supposed to be just Grim Reaper and they made it look like Spirit of Hearth's Warming Yet to Come because that's what it always resembles in every goddamn A Christmas Carol adaptation.
>remains of Luna's damned soul
Why would her soul be damned? In the fic she
wasn't evil.
>>
File: speedhax.webm (2.97 MB, 800x512)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
[speedhacks intensify]
>>
File: shieldtest.webm (1.61 MB, 640x360)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB WEBM
>>34947075
Hey anon, think I found a bug. The expanded hurtbox seems to extend outside the radius of the shield from the personal-shield perk. If bullets hit you from the corner, they'll actually damage instead of bouncing off the shield (webm related)

Also, this horse seems abnormally flammable. It's hard to say for sure, but I keep doing things that look safe to me and catching fire anyway. I'll let you know if I can tell for sure whether there's real difference here.

Mod seems pretty great so far. I just cleared Hiisi Base with RD and got the Luna and Smarty Pants spells to try out.
>>
File: win.png (1.17 MB, 1280x720)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
This horse has completed the Work
>>
File: wand.webm (2.77 MB, 640x360)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB WEBM
>>34948108
I got to build my very favorite wand, too. The last parts for it showed up in the Holy Mountain before in the Laboratory. In addition to the spells (homing, electric arc, clouds / death crosses), you also need electric, explosion, and fire immunity, plus immunity to whichever cloud you use.
>>
File: aftervault.png (469 KB, 1280x720)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>34948118
Recipe for that wand is: spark bolt trigger, homing, electric arc, water trail, quadcast, 4x death cross. I thought I had a pic but this one's only from just after the Vault. Normally I use a cloud in place of one of the death crosses, but I didn't have any, so I stuck the water trail on it instead (it needs some kind of liquid to convert the electric arcs into explosions)
>>
>>34947763
yeah you're right about the shield. I expanded the shield's particle circle to fit around the pony sprite, but I forgot to change the shield's hitbox, so turns out it doesn't cover the whole pony.
should be easy to fix tho
>>
>>34948250
follow up
after some testing, even the default character with the default shield still gets hit by those smg shots. It doesnt seem to be a 100% deflection rate. I cant find any reasoning behind which shots go through and which dont. updating the pony shield's hitbox and radius seem to help a little bit though. I'll include the updated shield in the next update, which I want to make more content for before updating it.

So anyone have suggestions or ideas? for spells? for ponies? for memes? Rarity and Fluttershy are the next ponies I'm thinking of making, and I dont know about making earth ponies yet because I'm unsure about how they would 'fly'.
>>
bump
>>
>>34948462
>after some testing, even the default character with the default shield still gets hit by those smg shots. It doesnt seem to be a 100% deflection rate. I cant find any reasoning behind which shots go through and which dont.
Good catch. Looking at the shield test video frame-by-frame, it looks like the bullets travel much further than their length each frame, so it's probably the usual "bullet through paper" effect.

>I dont know about making earth ponies yet because I'm unsure about how they would 'fly'.
Earth ponies fly using technology, instead of wings or magic. In this game, the only real technology for players is wands, so give them a basic jetpack wand in their starting kit. Building jetpack wands later in the game normally requires a bit of luck, but keeping with "earth ponies as masters of technology/gadgets" theme, you could give them the ability to modify wand bases. Maybe add an extra room to the holy mountain that lets them swap a single stat between two wands. This would probably turn out to be OP as all hell, but could be a decent trade for being unable to fly beyond short jumps.
>>
>>34949026
ok
>>
File: mYQgtcC.png (1.57 MB, 1317x932)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
New update is live!
>>
>>34950255
Welp. Time to finally play the lings. I have been putting off a campaign as them for months due to this update being teased.
>>
File: 20200205210621_1.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
Got to love the new menu screen.
>>
File: PrettyPonyPrincess.png (301 KB, 516x466)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
Well, finally finished the game.
>Hard difficulty
>Lvl 29
>74 Deaths (I blame half of those on mined chests, and turrets)
>75 Rep (so all quests and best possible ending I think)
>53 hours for completion (left the game in idle a bunch of time tho)
Overall 10/10, would have paid for it if it was on Steam or something.
The last section was a glorious powertrip, made me wish the regular Teleportation was instant too - it turn melee into a fucking anime fight.
>>
>>34950635
It sucks that the console commands don't work, it would've been so fun to go through the game again in the powered alicorn armour
>>
>>34950654
I managed to spawn the Eclipse Armor without problems, but yeah, the fully powered version seem inaccessible even with that.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (98).png (2.85 MB, 1920x1080)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
>>34950255
Well... that was unexpectably easy. I have all nations set on random when it comes to paths they take and both a sombra and solar empire spawned. So I rushed in to help sombra, and later the war was just a cake walk. Encircling over and over until ther dropped to 20 divs.
>>
>>34950901
You got lucky there. Are their any events with the new protectorites?
>>
>>34950255
Wow, I just went to reddit to look at dev diaries- I had gotten the impression the next update was months off. Guess these guys work quick.
>>
>>34950912
There is a shitton of events. Like, almost every single focus for manhattan has an event.
>>
>>34951034
>>34950912
Checked the ELF, same for them
>>
>>34951034
Interesting, are the new stuff any good?
>>
>>34951073
Yep. Seems quite fun.
They are in a horrible situation at the start since you have a shitty garrison and everyone hates you, and much of the time will be spent unfucking the situation. You can harvest love as a game mechanic to gain buffs. This is the closest tree in The mod to an acual CYOA. There are 2 paths for Manehattan: one for the changelings' absolute control, one where the bug waifu shares power with rich collaborationists.
>>
>>34951146
Cool! Are they fun to play as? Also CYOA?
>>
Thinking on it, I'm surprised the didn't do the new update after la-resistance comes out this month, considering the dlc is all about, well resistance mechanics.
>>
File: Dead.png (85 KB, 523x417)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
So, after FoE:Remains, decided to continue in my "backlog of pony games I needed to play since long ago".
With Ponyvania.
I'm already liking it a lot less.

Lot of questions for those who already played it :
>Is there anyway to get this thing fullscreen ? I don't care if it only result in (your mom)-sized pixels.
>Can you attack upward/diagonally ? I'm getting raped by the smallest flying shit.
>Can you block or something ? The back dodge thing is nice but some axe-throwing-armor thing seem to leave me no other option that just facetank & outdps it. Feel unclean.
>Are Pegasi really intended to fly by smashing the jump button ? The camera shake from that is annoying as fuck.
>Is there some specific setting for a decently challenging first run ? Picked hard and unlimited leveling, dunno if the later break the game hard or not.
>Is some species more interesting/unique gameplay-wise ? I'm already hating the Pegasi flight mechanic, if they are balanced around it I'm probably gonna pick something else.
>>
I've been thinking about doing an FTL mod with ponies in it.
>>
>>34890486
/mlp/ mc server
66.235.173.83:25565
pirate frenly
come join ponetown
>>
>>34951304
What would the pony abilities be?
>>
>>34951282
I like Ponyvania but I really, really suck at it.
>fullscreen
F4
>attack upward diagonally
Some weapons (swords mainly) sweep in an arc, but pegasi generally use spears so you have to git gud and jump around more.
>block
Earth ponies have an ability for that. Otherwise you need to use i-frames or dodge.
>camera shake
?
>setting
I recommend doing normal difficulty for the first run. Unlimited leveling is fine, you won't be getting past level 50 anytime soon anyway.
>species
It seems to be generally agreed that pegasi are the hardest race, maybe you should try an earth pony or unicorn (the latter being the glass cannon option). I have had the most success with unicorns, but some others say earth ponies are stronger.
>>
>>34951498
Unicorn has built in teleporter, less effective at manning stations because >nohands
>>
File: 0035solo.png (203 KB, 1556x1556)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>no ss13 server
>>
>>34951152
Choose Your Own Adventure.
>>
bump
>>
>>34950397
Nice
>>
File: Sunbutt.png (218 KB, 1454x1080)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Still playing Ponyvania.
Still really not liking it.
Got a bit better since I switched to Unicorn (mostly just because the goddamn basic staff weapon can at least reliably hit flying enemies), and the game itself intervened to drop the difficulty to "normal". Thanks, I guess.
Everything is just ... so goddamn unreactive and long. You can't chain dodges and attacks - there is like, some WoW-ish 0.5s GCD on everything you do. Ennemy's hitbox linger for ages so even if you time the dodge's I-frame you might still end up inside the attack at the end. I keep playing because maybe it's just supposed to be that way at low level, but the gameplay really make me feel like you are just supposed to just power through fights via raw stats. Had to grind up to level 6 before beating Gilda, doesn't feel right.
I'm also surprised how useless Unicorn skills are. I'm still using the starting weapon for 99% of things. The "good" spells (ice thing) deplete my mana bar before killing anything, so I guess you aren't supposed to use it as your actual damage source. The only mana-efficient one I found is the one that throw random dark ball bouncing around the screen, but I feel extremely bad about relaying on a "hide in a corner and hope the enemies will randomly get killed" strategy.
I must be doing something terribly wrong gameplay-wise. Guess I will watch some speed-run of it to see how you are supposed to play this.
>>
bump
>>
is the ELF supposed to start with a war goal on the changelings instead of being at war? seems pretty weird that they let you build up.
>>
>>34954152
ELF?
>>
File: paradox_issue.png (95 KB, 1025x357)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
Is this true and if so is EAW safe?
>>
>>34954162
Equestrian Liberation Front, rebel nation with Trixie and Glimmer that spawns from the Manehattan Protectorate in the new patch
>>34954188
yes it is true and the devs claim EAW is safe on dicksword
>>
>>34954188
I mean, that's kinda something you should always be wary of with any game allowing extensive modding.
>>
File: 3.webm (2.84 MB, 640x360)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>34947075
>Yessssss, this is exactly what was driving me to make the mod in the first place. Seeing all the horrible ways ponies would get blown apart and killed.
Enjoy
>>
So I think I've basically finished my Griffonian Empire run in Equestria at War.

I'm really impressed with how much effort the focus tree has. My only gripe is that I felt everything was too much of a cakewalk. It's only 2016, and I've basically unified the continent. The only major power left are the riverlands, that are still at war with hellquill.

Aquillea got a pretty thick faction, minus the Griffonian Republic (who I think were glitched and couldn't access their focus tree) but they pretty much instantly disintegrated on my invasion. The only hurdle I had was that Nova Griffonia guaranteed the Republic, and I hadn't specced into naval invasions- I almost lost three entire armies because I barely captured a port, and almost couldn't hold it due to lack of supply. Lastly there was Wingbardy, but they imploded just like the Italians on declaring war on New Mareland, and likewise melted when I joined in 50 days later- I don't think they lasted two months, even though they likewise got thick.

I played on normal and took my time taking out my enemies. Is there a better way to get more of a challenge? On one of my earlier playthroughs, I played as the Solar Empire, and it was fun since it was a challenge to take on and defeat the Changelings, and the resulting wars on Equus were quite gratifying.

Anyway- is there a reason for me to stick it out until the end of the focus tree? I've still got half of it to go, mostly the military stuff. What new interesting stuff should I check out with the new patch?
>>
>>34954946
Yea, unless your enemies attack you at a bad time then the Empire is pretty easy, then again most of Griffonia revolves around the expansion of the Empire and the other nations reactions to it so it kind of needs to be strong.

A bigger challange would be as I said before if your unlucky to be attacked by multiple big nations (ie, Skyfall and the Republic getting into a faction and attacking while your fighting Auquillia) or playing as another Herzlander (orange) nation and trying to survive/take the Empire and uniting it from there. Almost all of those nations have unique Empire storylines (Yale being a good example).

You should stick around if you care about the story. If you manage to reconquer the Empire (focus conquests) and wait till' some time after 1020 then Gover VI (unless he died) will accend and you'll get some nice story moments. Nothing too big though.
>>
>>34954985
Do I have to take out all the nations that have wargoals in the focus? I've already taken out the republic, aquilea, and wingbardy.

I feel they should balance the Empire more- I think they did a good job with the changelings and equestria war. Maybe if the entente was more consistent, and better able to coordinate.

Also- I get what people mean when they say that Equestria needs more content- their focus tree is like a fourth the size of the Empire's- and they don't get nearly the same kind of fantastic buffs either- pound-for-pound Equestria definitely loses out to the Empire.

Also- is it a bug that when I release nations they have the default focus tree?
>>
>>34955015
I think you do.
>>
>>34951498
I've been thinking about it and it what feels right would make pones support character due to psionic magic with pro/draw back

1. Pone heal extremely slowly whoever is in the room.
2.Pone local room shield slow the oxygenation venting slightly/moderatly
3.Pone local magic protect the sub-systems in the room, reducing damage slightly/moderatly
4.Pone empower allies giving defensive/offensive boost/efficiency
5.Pone cannot operate any sub-system at all.
6.Pone cannot fight boarding crews.
7.Pone help ally to extinguish fire faster but they cannot directly extinguish the fire themselves.

What y'all think of this trait list ?
>>
>>34955015
Nope, you don't have to take out anyone. All you have to do in order to get The grovy focus tree is survive until 1021.
But this does mean that it you waste any chance at conquering and coring anyone, it is lost forever.
>>
>>34955547
I was more wondering if it's a matter of having to conquer places that aren't worth conquering- especially if the Riverlands or Equestria are holding onto some of that territory.

I think there are way too many nations to core for the Empire. I think they should replace some of the cores with puppet-focuses to slightly nerf the empire. I don't think there's anything that could pose a remote challenge- I have like 1200 factories, and two-million griffons in reserve.
>>
>>34955601
Yea, they are pretty op. Makes for a fun challenge to fight though. I guess in a way the Empire is the newbie faction to play as. Good for new players.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (872 KB, 2560x1440)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
i think i finished my ELF playthrough, despite the cryptic message claiming otherwise. that was pretty fun, having to fight against the army i spent half the game building. if anyone wants to try it, just wait a few months after you win the war as changelings and ELF will spawn naturally. if you release the protectorate through event and wait for the uprising then it doesn't declare war properly which also fucks up your national spirits.
>>
>>34956019
Jesus christ those are Long ass party names
>>
>>34956019
That's pretty cool. A good way to make a good challenge I guess. I think I'll try it out.

Also what's with that changeling nation?
>>
>>34956061
you get a choice on what to do with them after the war. i went with a demilitarized puppet, which named them "equestrian-changeling controlled territories".
>>
File: 20200207181128_1.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
So it turns out that takinf way too long to attack Equestria will make them eventually attack you. It also turns out that Equestria's combat stratagy is very similar to vanilla Soviets (0PP at scraping the barrel). Also, have you guys seen ai Wingbardy ally with Equestria before?

It also seems that strange things can happen in Griffonia when the player's not around.
>>
>>34956665
Yeah, it is one path for harmonist wingbardy. The worst possible outcome for a ling player. Maybe invade fezera once you are done? Through romau you can get to wingbardy.
>>
>>34956665
I hate factions sometimes.

>>34956904
Yea, it's annoying af and I hate navel invading.
>>
File: 20200207192850_1.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>34956665
>>34956904
>>34956907
All I wanted to do was check out the post conquest stuff...
>>
>>34956909
I suggest you ask aquilea for a state and invade Arantiga, then romau asap. Aquilea WILL peace out once they have their cores under control.
>>
>>34956907
>and I hate navel invading
https://derpibooru.org/images/943147
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (99).png (3.01 MB, 1920x1080)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
Thanks Sombra, very cool
>>
>>34957384
He might be a pony surpremesist.
>>
File: Zrzut ekranu (100).png (3.58 MB, 1920x1080)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
>>34957384
Tbh the ELF is one of the most fun nations I have played recently. There is a shitton of fun events mostly about Trixie and Starlight. They get some really OP buffs, but that is to be expected when one is to fight the lings.
>>
Thread at bump limit
While at it what do you guys think about Firtree necromancy path?
Would you for Dread League/Barrad/Firtree alliance?
>>
>>34957586
Barrad needs a focus for that to happen.
>>
>>34957020
Can't not a part of my faction.
>>
>>34957671
NEW THREAD

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.