[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 235 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: 944572.png (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
The series finale has been uploaded

Not available in English yet but a screenshot says a thousand words. If you want to go into it fresh and spoiler-free, get off the internet now. Report spoilers where you see them, Scruffy is probably in complete panic mode and needs your help.
The current release schedule for English episodes is:
9x22 - August 30 in China
9x23 - September 3 in Australia
9x24 - September 4 in Australia
9x25 - September 5 in Australia
9x26 - September 8 in Australia

I kind of knew it would end like this but that doesn't change the tidal wave of feels. I'm still not ready for it, knowing it was coming for years
It was an honor and a privilege to poni poni with all of you these past nine years. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
>>
>>34278185
So you're going to just claim that I contradicted myself without actually explaining how? Until you prove it, you are gaslighting and can be disregarded.
>>34278189
It's not an arbitrary goalpost it's what the initial statement was you dumbass.
>>
>>34278203
it is completely arbitary you fuckhead, the comics were brought up and nothing related to sombra until you decided it was. you know how many comics are made in IDW that have nothing to do with eachother? And there is no canon stories in IDW, that means your precious sunset backstory means jack shit too.
>inb4 doublestandards but muh doesnt contradict
>>
I haven't been keeping up with everything. Is this really it lads? Fuck. What do now?
>>
>>34278203
>comics aren't canon because they contradict show material
>show somehow can still be canon despite also contradicting prior show material
>eqg can still be canon because you said its contradictions weren't big enough
I'm guessing books follow the same principle as comics or do they get a different standard too?
>implying gaslighting
Don't get too paranoid, I'm just pointing out how fucked your logic is. I see it all the time. Canon stopped being relevant years ago.
>>
File: chrome_5j3S8cY9ph.png (129 KB, 900x850)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
adding to >>34278190

>>34278170
>>34278180

Arguing about whether or not the writers choose to do anything with EG story. As we see in >>34276685, it's not a true/false thing you can argue. Best we have is >>34268108, so you could probably say EG is canon, but (pic) what ponies to show isn't mentioned in the scripts we have.
>>
File: 1464449986509.png (301 KB, 543x555)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>34278216
>say the comics contradict the show in major ways
>"hurr its no different than EqG, muh double standards"
>prove how it actually is different
>this
You've done literally nothing this whole time but embarrass yourself
>that means your precious sunset backstory means jack shit too
Nice assumptions there retard but I never said that I thought it did
>>34278238
>show somehow can still be canon despite also contradicting prior show material
Yes because it's the show.
The show will always be canon by definition.
>eqg can still be canon because you said its contradictions weren't big enough
Yes because there's so much evidence that it is canon and the official stance is that it is as well while any contradictions are so minor and irrelevant that they prove nothing at all
>Canon stopped being relevant years ago
Canon doesn't stop existing just because you don't like it, sorry
>>
>>34278258
look at all that text, and still saying nothing
>>
>>34278268
look at all that salt, and still saying nothing
>>
>>34278269
>hurr salt
>u mad lol
always back to the reddit mentality. what an embarrassment
>>
>>34278272
>poking fun at seething lolcows is reddit
stupid newfag
>>
>>34278281
>seething
reddit
>newfag
projection
>>
>>34278286
seethe cringe yikes cope rent free have sex dilate Sneed
>>
>>34278258
>The show will always be canon by definition.
No, it won't. Canon literally means rule, as usual you're confusing continuity with canon. Canon can rule out anything, that's the fucking point. Why do you retards insist on purporting these dumb, made-up definitions?
>Canon doesn't stop existing just because you don't like it
It stops mattering when it there's no consistency and the rules stop being applicable. It's completely arbitrary how you decide what can be retconed and what can be ruled out. Even worse is you're declaring contradictions minor, which is a completely separate and situational argument that would save many of the comics. You're just delusional, sorry.
>>
>>34278299
>continuity isn't canon even thought that's what we've been arguing for years and years
>because I say so lol
Nah, fuck yourself
The argument has been about whether or not the events of EqG happened in continuity and if the same Twilight from the show would know about them.
>>
>>34278258
>so much evidence
>3 cameos forced in that have no effect on the world
oh man this wouldnt be so funny if it wasnt so sad
>>
>>34278330
>complains about arbitrary
>hurr it won't matter until you reach X amount of references!!!!
the iron E
>>
>>34278341
fact is that youve got as much "canon" as slenderman is. there's nothing arbitrary about it.
>>
>>34278372
How many times are you going to repeat this? Every time you try to bring it up multiple Anons tell you that the slenderpony is canon as well because it's literally in the show. Why would it not be canon?
>>
>>34278244
>pleased as we are
>>
File: 1556129.jpg (1.21 MB, 1920x1388)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>34278244
>>
>>34278226
Keep ponying
There's a fuckton of fanfiction and art, there's a project going on that'll eventually let us use voice synth to create our own episodes, and in about a year and a half G5 starts up.
>>
Are any creativefags going to edit the finale since we have the full quality rip?
>Erase all the lines under the mane 6's eyes
>Add the two missing Sugarbelle and Big Mac kids
>Remove the overabundance of invading creatures
>Resign Stellar Dawn's new mane 6 to be five female ponies
>Animate a couple second scene of Discord, Celestia, and Luna teleporting the villains into the destroyed Canterlot Castle dressed in ball and chains, prison wear, and holding janitorial equipment.
>Change the newspaper to show the villains reformed
For controversial changes we could just have a bunch of different versions to choose from
>Remove Rarity's grey streak
>Discord and Fluttershy kids in the song
>AJ's kids on the farm in the song.
>>
>>34257277
>>34248639
no and yes, it is both. This is exactlythe core theme of "Angels with Scaly Wings", which I recently played. The people you leave behind in a bad or even catastrophic timeline will understand you have to leave them in order to create a better timeline. You can be together with them in the new timeline, but they will forever live without you in the bad one.
>>
>>34278753
>>Add the two missing Sugarbelle and Big Mac kids

what?
>>
>>34278891
Script had a note that Big Mac and Sugar Belle were supposed to have three kids who would greet AJ
>>
>>34278753

Im totally agree with that changes.
>>
File: 5WZuF7N.jpg (117 KB, 484x461)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>34261265
>>
>>34261730
Because her whole goal was to have kids to pass the farm down to.
It's just bad writing that only Ponk had a kid.
>>
File: 1536245172879.png (612 KB, 2876x3466)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
>>34278753
>>Resign Stellar Dawn's new mane 6 to be five female ponies
>not keeping the new qt kirin
>>
i had so much feelings about it ending and i still have my heart crushed, im not going to get in the next ride of mlp there is no point withotu the ponies i care for good bye my beloved ponies good bye /mlp
>>
File: 1552063949443.png (60 KB, 175x230)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>34278244
>FADE OUT
haber didn't write in the book close, he probably didn't even remember it
imagine the shitstorm if DHX didn't at least have someone left who cared enough to do add in the book ending on their own accord
>>
>>34279212
Would be cool to do multiple edits of the scenes and create a program with an ffmpeg script that allows you to combine them into the episode you want. You could have many different nu-nu-mane 6 versions with variations ranging from some tasteful OC designs to hints at being the mane 6's daughters, to having a Kirin among them. Other stuff like /pol/faggots complaining about lyrabon in the newspaper could have that edited out if they wanted and have multiple versions of the villain reformation e.g. The three villains as a happy family, Tirek and Scorpan, Tirek and Bulk, Cozy with CMC, Cozy with Student 6, Chrysalis vs Thorax election, Chrysalis reformed into a nu-changeling, etc.
>>
File: 989861.png (40 KB, 380x429)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>34279253
I want my future with General AI that could re-write re-animate show according to my requests.
>>
>>34279302
I'm still holding out hope that the hacker has a big stash of flash production files for most or all episodes. His original thread in 2017 started with him talking about 2tb of data available but he got locked out of it before he could grab it all. If he's still fucking giving us leaks, who knows what he's got stashed away by now. I could just imagine going back and erasing the hideous crystal castle from the show and replacing it with the Castle of the Two Sisters. Anything would be possible with the production files. Hell, you could quickly swap Twilicorn to the original Twilight model and make a shitton of episodes take place before the transformation if you wanted.
>>
>>34279345
>you could quickly swap Twilicorn to the original Twilight model
flash doesn't work quite like that, twilicorn's puppet has different proportions to the original twilight
>>
Am i the only one mad at how big a role other species ended up playing in the last two seasons? The show is MY LITTLE PONY. Not MY LITTLE MYTHICAL CREATURE. I know the writers enjoyed writing about the mythical creatures, and creatures other than ponies, but i feel like they went a bit overboard. And in the epilogue, i dare say, it seemed like there were more non-ponies living in Equestria than ponies! I don't know. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way. Having a different species as a guest, such as Gilda, was cool, but not make them invade Equestria.
>>
>>34279568
Not at all, that's one of the most disgusting things they've done to the show. God fucking forbid ponies are allowed to just live amongst themselves and the show can actually be about ponies. It's gotten to the point where we have to deconstruct the fucking protagonist's culture and world. I couldn't help but scowl watching that opening scene, it was amazingly forced. The background ponies of season 1 looked like they belonged, like they had jobs and a purpose, even when they were standing still. These new creature fucks are just there and everyone knows they don't actually function or contribute to the world. Gilda and Zecora and Little Strongheart were characters that had interesting stories to tell and act in; these ugly OCs are just cardboard cutouts with no depth or purpose.
>>
>>34196514
Guess you faggots will have to wait for the 3rd reincarnation of MLP to come out after the merchandise sales finally fizzle out and the idea is so old it's new yet again.
>>
>>34279750
>Implying Hasbro will stop trying to scare off adults with horribly-lazy and inconsistent writing
>>
>>34279932
They won't just do it by accident, they'll TRY to get rid of the adult fans. At this point hasbro views us as a liability, not an asset, and would prefer we all fuck off.

at this point they view the public relations risks of adult men enjoying MLP to be far greater than any financial boon, and have been taking steps to "rerail" things so to speak (Such as having the staff remove all mentions of adult fans from promotional material, ect.).
>>
File: seriously.jpg (86 KB, 320x269)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>34279750
>They bought a whole animation studio to basically do jack shit for several years
>>
>>34279650
>Equestria completes its transformation into 56%land
>>
>>34278753
>>Discord and Fluttershy kids in the song
Weren't you saying the villains should be in chains and all?
>>
File: 1557400.png (814 KB, 1027x578)
814 KB
814 KB PNG
>>34279568
It's depressing because they're not trying to tell a story, they're simply following a checklist without giving a fuck about the world they're writing for.

Ironically, the perfect reminder of how much season 8 fucked up is Shadow Play. The Pillars were a group of completely different ponies, with completely different cultures. It's the very definition of diversity. In literally the next episode, some absolute retard who didn't know anything at all about the show decided that Equestria needed to be diverse, and since they wrongly assumed that all the ponies were WASP, the only way they could achieve diversity was by bringing other creatures to the show as diversity tokens.
The problem isn't the diversity, that would only be a problem for people like that one idiot who cried "WhY iS SomNaMBulA BlaCk I dOn'T LiKE hEr!!!!" after season 7, the problem is that this diversity comes with a forced narrative that ignores everything established before.

These forced metaphors fail again and again. Equestria is a wealthy nation, other countries are not. America is a wealthy nation, other countries are not. But Equestria is a wealthy because they have Friendship, and Friendship can be spread and shared, while America is wealthy because they have money, and money doesn't work like Friendship at all. It's stupid to pretend they're comparable.
It gets worse because Friendship being an ability has terrible implications: the ponies teaching the other creatures would make the ponies look superior, so they have to nerf the ponies as fuck to not make foreigners look retarded, and we end up with shit like NCC, where the ponies are stupid and the students are great, or 246 Great, where the students actually teach the ponies. If the creatures are so great, why did they need a school? If we were supposed to believe that the other countries are shit because they didn't know about Friendship, but the creatures outmaster the ponies at Friendship, why are their countries so shit?
>>
File: 54153.jpg (48 KB, 856x467)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>34279568
>>34280431
More so, we've seen Gilda studying in Cloudsdale. We've seen griffons in MMMystery on the Friendship Express or competing in the Equestria Games. The racist Equestria that Neighsay represented simply didn't exist before season 8. Sure the ponies were (literally) "xenophobic," like in the Zecora episode, they were scared of something they didn't know, but they became friends as soon as they learned that they had nothing to be scared of. Season 8 simply ignored absolutely everything.

The epilogue is the culmination of everything wrong with the last two seasons. Half the population of Ponyville being "creatures" in the future might make sense under other circumstances, but NOT after what we've seen. Twilight opened her retarded School to spread Friendship, and Friendship should have made other countries thrive. Why do creatures for those countries decided to leave their homes AFTER they started being wealthy countries? It objectively doesn't make sense, and that's literally not how immigration works. Either Twilight's plan failed and she never helped other countries, or the epilogue is just a retarded retcon to make us believe that the ponies were evil racists for the first 7 seasons. Either way, it's horrible.

Seasons 8 and 9 are just the fever dream of someone who wanted DIVERSITY but didn't actually give a fuck about the message he was spreading and simply thought that shoving DIVERSITY in the show at any cost would make it look cool and progressive.
I hate the asinine writing, and the complete disregard for everything that was already established. But I hate even more that, much like with the absolutely idiotic episode about Scootaloo's shitty aunts >>34274358, I'm absolutely sure these awful seasons were detrimental to their alleged message. This isn't even propaganda. No one is going to start sucking foreigners' dicks because of these seasons, quite the opposite, absolute retarded shit like this only makes people mad.
Fuck seasons 8 and 9.
>>
>>34280431
It's still surreal to even think about how much potential got flushed down the toilet after S7, fucking hell.
>>
File: 1556270.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>34280439
I know, man. The Pillars really felt like an organic addition to the show. Making them real only to ignore them afterwards was insulting.
>>
File: 1567174553588.jpg (3.03 MB, 5000x2589)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>34280457
It really hurts. But at the same time, if the S8-9 team tried to develop them, it would only be worse.
>>
>>34280431
>>34280433
Fuck, I had so much hope after seeing the steep increase in quality from S6 to S7, after Shadow Play they had such an obvious path for at least half a season full of adventure episodes, either with flashbacks to the pillars' old lives or showing them in their new roles. And then they did fucking nothing.
>>
File: 1554581977932.jpg (32 KB, 371x487)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>34280493
I bet Lady Writers planned a top tier followup, but Hasjew needed to shill their agenda and shitty toys and told them to fuck off.
>>
>>34280493
>I had so much hope after seeing the steep increase in quality from S6 to S7
Same, and I think this is the most depressing thing about it. I kinda had lost hope in the show during season 6, but I enjoyed season 7, and I was really hyped to see more of the Pillars. That's what made these last seasons even more soul-crushing. All of this would hurt much less if season 7 had been forgettable crap too.

>>34280501
It's really hard to believe that this is part of a conspiracy from Hasbro, considering that there aren't toys of the students.
At this point this sounds like a meme thanks to that one shitposter schizo, but I think this one's on Vogel, he was working on the movie during season 7, then he came back for season 8 right when everything changed. He created the students with Haber and Dubuc, he wrote the season premiere, and he often tweets about how much he loves the school and the students.
>>
>>34280501
It feel like they wanted Grogar to be real but only later on, Haber decided that he is going to prank the fanbase like Rian Johsnon did with Star Wars after Force Awakens
>>
>>34280538
>he was working on the movie during season 7
I'm not sure who was exactly responsible for what but I absolutely believe that the movie was an unintended sacrifice that attracted the shitty and egotistic staff and allowed the show to become good again for one last season.
Otherwise I just can't explain the outlier that S7 was compared to the ones before and after it.
>>
File: tiresome.jpg (42 KB, 807x659)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>Lauren Faust herself writes that assuming Rainbow Dash is gay because of tomboy + rainbows is offensive
>writers make Rainbow Dash gay

There really is no hope for G5, is there?
>>
>>34280433
But think about this too: What's Equestria's foreign policy stance towards Klugetown? Why do Capper and Tempest appear in the finale, but not Captain Celaeno?
>>
>>34280598
Of course not.
>>
File: 270948.gif (40 KB, 338x338)
40 KB
40 KB GIF
Speaking of Vogel, I realized something about >>34274358
Vogel wanted his OCs in the show to brag about them, that's why they got an entire episode to show how fantastic they are.
LyraBon isn't in the scripts, it was added by the animators as a nod to the early fandom, much like having Rose with the Doctor in TSSS, or other similar details with no further intent. Since it wasn't in the scripts, no one at Hasbro realized it, they simply distributed the episodes.
However, after the Dutch leaks, people started talking about it. Immediately, Hasbro asked all the countries to cancel the episodes. They didn't do it to be sure that Discovery Family gets the world premiere, it's too late for that, they're simply going to remove Lyra and Bon Bon, and they need time to fix the episodes. Vogel can't brag about his OCs if there are more lesbian horses in Equestria and his special snowflakes aren't special anymore. The only reason they stopped the early airings is to protect Vogel's OCs so he can keep bragging about how progressive they (and only they) are.

The meme about the episode in Discovery Family being different is real, except that they aren't going to give us a better ending, or fix the retarded plot holes or the horrible designs of the epilogue. We'll still get a shitty finale. They're only going to remove LyraBon, exactly like they removed Derpy.
The irony is that people will celebrate it. There's a couple we've seen together since the beginning of the show, and a couple that only exists to get free advertising and forced the writers to retcon Scootaloo. And they're going to remove the former. And the same people who spend the day talking about "pushing agendas" will unironically celebrate a change that literally means that only forced characters like Lofty and Holiday are allowed to exist.
I couldn't care less about LyraBon being canon, but I'm not ready to endure months of hypocritical shitposting from people blind to irony, indirectly defending Vogel's shitty OCs.
>>
Nothing in the finale will ever be changed. NEVER EVER. You're mentally handicapped and delusional as fuck if you legitimately think that Hasjew cares.
>>
>>34278588
I still think they would've become some of the show's best villains ever.
They aren't even evil. They want to feed.
>>
>>34280632
Good. Fuck LyraBon and fuck Tumblr pandering.
>b-but if two girls are seen together it automatically means they're carpet munchers
Unironically have sex my man.
>>
File: twitter.png (70 KB, 574x450)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>34280431
>Equestria is a wealthy nation
Remember when a single dragon sleeping risked most of the land being covered in smoke for decades? Or when manehatten wasn't a carbon copy of NYC? Or when visiting delegates only got official entertainment in the form of a single unicorn levitating shit? Besically when they were actually little ponies and rather helpless in a big world?

>>34280538
>>34280596
>>34280632
Here you go.
>>
File: s8 isnt political.jpg (34 KB, 576x161)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>34280672
And another.
>>
>>34280678
Two faced snakes with double standards.
>>
>>34280678
>think about the actual students out there standing up to those who think they're older and wiser than them
What the actual fuck is wrong with millenials
You'd expect to hear stuff like this from 13 year olds in the middle of their "sHuT uP mOm U dOn't kNoW mE" phase, not a grown-ass man working in the entertainment industry.
>>
File: 1544350056028.png (278 KB, 680x853)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>34274328
>Imagine halfassing this relationship so much even lesbians call it shit
gay relationships are half-assed. They don't hold a candle to based Straightchads
>>
File: 1566785216675.png (1.17 MB, 1017x1221)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>34274380
>>
File: 2139324.png (1.56 MB, 1920x1080)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>
>>34277159
I have several questions, got a link?
>>
>>34280825
Twilight is not nearly as terrible as the others. It's actually fine.
>>
File: 1070694.gif (507 KB, 267x282)
507 KB
507 KB GIF
>>34280861
>It's actually fine.
>>
File: 1000 hours in paint.png (786 KB, 1280x720)
786 KB
786 KB PNG
>>34272994
>>
>>34280894
>Elements of Harmony
Yeah no
>>
>>34280894
>S2 screencap
Anon... you're missing the point
>>
>>34280921
>S2
>>
>>34196514
Can I get a link to the finale in English?
>>
>>34280968
it's on yayponies
>>
>>34280968

https://mega.nz/#F!cDYEHShY!m-UCmFDKTT_MkHpXeqiGAg
>>
>>34261598
Honestly though. Why do people get so mad over others aging waifus?
>>
Discord with her wife
>>
File: b00.gif (3.25 MB, 400x225)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
>>34281004
>>
File: 1524510044331.png (47 KB, 324x309)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>34281004
>>
>>34280903
They made new ones out of the tree's remains. Better yet they just wore it for shits/aesthetics (Twilight still pulled off her bullshit rainbow death beam without them anyway)
>>
>>34281004
Look at him, he's so happy with that desk bell.
>>
File: refgerhgre.png (632 KB, 1012x964)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
>>34280861
>it's actually fine
>>
>>34281022
Kek
>>
>>34280977
>>34280978
Thanks.
>>
File: sexy desk bell.jpg (20 KB, 450x450)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>34281022
Yeah no wonder he married that beaut. Just look at her.
>>
>>34281040
She's so shiny.
I wish I could touch her.
Lewdly.
>>
File: rtteret4r.png (176 KB, 500x420)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>34280861
totally fine
>>
Huh. Just finished it.
Not happy, Bob. Not. Happy.
>>
File: 1567951362614.png (118 KB, 500x420)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>34281073
>>
File: rtteret4r.png (173 KB, 500x420)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>34281073
NOW it's art
>>
File: kek.png (265 KB, 723x570)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>34281004
>>34281022
>>34281028
>>34281040
>>34281050
Absolutely based
>>
File: full (3).gif (1.64 MB, 847x720)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>34281073
>>34281102
>>34281104
>>
So 9x26 was pretty much written to buttblast the fandom on purpose right? It's like they went down a checklist of shit no one wanted to see that people have been joking about since S3
>>
File: 1122532.png (56 KB, 246x319)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>34281073
>>
>>34281126
Yeah they stole my waifu but at least I still have more porn.
https://derpibooru.org/1765549
>>
File: 1567850412374.png (1.51 MB, 2451x2034)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>34281126
It's was just the writer's final fuck you to us.

>do epilogue
>can't be bothered to pair the mane 6 with husbands or think up OC fillies for them except Ponk
>Do absolutely nothing transformative with them ages, just slap on some bags under their eyes and make their hair look like shit
>Confirm Twilight's going to outlive them all along with the new students
>Princesses are gone
>Keep the villains stoned

They literally had to know this would piss us off and not doing an epilogue would make this season easier to swallow
>>
>>34281149
I wish they never paired any of them in the first place
>>
File: large (2).png (430 KB, 1024x958)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>34281157
If they time skipped them I'd want them to otherwise they're now barren, going senile and won't leave children behind.
>>
File: 4e4.gif (2.15 MB, 340x191)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
I know how to fix the finale. Just imagine, the last three episodes
BUT
we edit Adrien Brody in, and have him dancing in the middle of the screen, and we replace the audio track with the Brodyquest tune. There, everything is fixed, we don't get to see the worst parts of the finale, and the writing overall is actually better.
>>
>>34281162
Good.
>>
File: 319-319938.jpg (253 KB, 920x1362)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>34281145
Wew lad.
>>
>>34281157
>>34281162
I think a compromise between the two would be best. They all reference having kids, but they're not seen and their husbands aren't mentioned - something like somepony saying "it's good to get away from looking after the foals for a while" and the rest laughing and agreeing. It shows they all got their happy endings, but leaves it wide open for individual speculation instead of locking in pairings as canon and pissing people off.
>>
File: old hog.jpg (242 KB, 4096x2304)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>34281162
>If they time skipped them
There was absolutely no reason to timeskip them, other than to show that they're old, and Twilight is not. Having such a retarded timeskip made absolutely no sense.
>>
File: j,.png (245 KB, 600x600)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>34281191
I'd prefer this over discoshy but i still want my waifu.
>>
File: suffering.png (91 KB, 993x855)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
Oh, the denial
>>
>>34281226
They are denying the implications but it was never 100% confirmed just slightly implied. so I guess they could be right. No way of telling now though.
>>
>>34281226
It's their own fault, waifuing the sluttiest pony in equestria.
>>
File: 2123686.jpg (1.97 MB, 3508x2481)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
Remember the good times, 2 weeks ago?
>>
>>34281191
I agree with this. They really should have shown them all with kids or none of them with kids.

Showing Ponk with a kid and no one else tells me only Ponk had a kid, all the others (except Twi) just wasted their chance at children.
>>
File: 2139237.png (96 KB, 388x341)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>34281249
I didn't see the slut's kids anywhere. Can you timestamp it for me?
>>
>>34281256
>>
>>34281200
There could have been one if it was done well. Showing them all with husbands and kids, showing Twilight old as well. Showing the three amigos given another chance, etc etc.

There have been good epilogues, but this one I wish I never saw.
>>
File: 1525803343432.png (107 KB, 221x286)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>34281256
God how I wish the writers made them the Decepticons to the main six's Autobots instead of throwing them in the bin. Frenemies is unironically one of my favourite episodes because they had such a great dynamic together and now it's all ruined and gone like everything else.
>>
I wish they didn't imply ships so that cuckposters would stop having fuel to scream "cucked XD flutterfags btfo" over and over again.
>>
>>34281162
We dont know if they have kids or not. Saying all of them are childless just because they didnt show them is autistic. That would mean literally no one in Ponyville had kids beside Pinkie and Big Mac
>>
>>34281419
They showed Pinkie's kid, made Rainbow Dash and AJ lesbians, Fluttershy's interspecies kids would have to be depicted to be believed, and based on Rarity's personality and Twilight's new role in the world you can assume they have no kids. They left nothing open to interpretation. It's just a big fuck you and a depressing ending for them all.
>>
>>34280841
SJWs in general.
>>
>>34280825
Looks like they changed the artists.
>>
>>34270833
I'd say they're in their early 50s while their parents during the show were probably early 40s, Pinkie probably just had her kid very late because she matured the latest.
>>34270755
>No thought was put into husbands or kids outside of Ponk
Discord and Fluttershy probably can't have kids because interspecies (and one is the god of chaos), AppleDash is lesbian so they can't have kids for obvious reasons (but maybe there was an adopted kid offscreen, who knows) and Rarity and Twilight are probably still single because they're married to their jobs.
(It's my headcanon that Spike and Gabby ended up as a couple though too)
>>
>>34281226
He is right you know. You can't assume its Pinkies kid if you also not assume that Fluttershy live with Discord as his wife. You either treat both shipping teases as confirmation or you reject all of them
>>
>>34281589
Its just your headcanon.
Fluttershy kid could be in their home or at school. The fact that Fluttershy moved to Discords house and Discord didn't moved to Fluttershy could mean they wanted their kid to be rised in a safe chaotic environment where his magic outburst woudnt destroy Ponyville.

Dash could have kids in Cloudsdale, Rarity in Manehattan. I can only see Aj not havingkids because they would be shown at her farm but assuming all of them are childless is dumb and like assuming all ponies in Ponyville are without kids because they werent shown
>>
File: chrome_dvqyQooVQK.png (93 KB, 849x622)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>34281248
Did they know the scripts would be leaked, or is this CYA?

And this script has it backwards, Lil Cheese is >>34264305. Must have looked too much like a genderbend Pinkie during intiial design.
>>
>>34281601
That's the advantage of being morally righteous. If you are good and everything you want is true, then anyone who disagrees with you is irredeemably evil and you can be as vicious a cunt towards them as you want with a clean conscience. They have it coming after all, being evil and all that.
The SJW mindset cannot comprehend why sane people consider so much of what they say as abhorrent, any more than muslim terrorists can understand why anyone would ever want to live in any country that isn't ruled by Gods law.
When you think like that, Discords actions where perfectly reasonable.
>>
Ha, Youku posted a trailer of the finale, and half the scenes are from The Beginning of the End.
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM1MTY5NzgyNA==.html
>>
>>34281876
I bet they'll still release it earlier than DiscoFam.
>>
File: chrome_d0Vu2YMG1T.png (23 KB, 657x94)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>34281890
>What does this prove?
Ya, sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant by

> is this CYA?

This is probably cover-your-ass in case someone asks "did the canonically have a kid", or even CYA for if the scripts leak. Look at this (pic) - why be so cryptic?

I also didn't think through the "genderbend" part, I redact that.
>>
>Chrysalis, say something nice about Tirek...
>Ugh. He's... red.

That was funny desu. That and Discord doing the villain's voices.
>>
There are so many things that left me with a bitter taste in my mouth but the worst is what was easily the fanbase's biggest fear after S3's finale becoming true. Pic related was posted 6 years ago and the finale we got isn't very far from that...
>>
File: 1518900757045.jpg (431 KB, 2047x1134)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>in the pilot, the ponies use the Magic of Friendship to redeem an old villain and help her reunite with her sister
>afterwards, Twilight thinks friendship is so wonderful that she wants to stay with her friends in Ponyville instead of moving back to Canterlot

>in the series finale, the ponies execute an orphan child in cold blood, a child that not only no one tried to help, but was literally manipulated to attack Equestria
>afterwards, Twilight simply moves back to Canterlot and leaves her friends behind

It's amazing how this fake ad we saw before the season started turned out completely true.
The magic really did end. Completely and absolutely.
>>
who won the Spike ball
>>
>>34282075
Me.
>>
As a redpilled guy, it's very satisfying seeing Spike, after spending almost a decade being Rarity's beta orbiter, not only hooking up with Gabby (Rarity's reaction in that episode is not very different from generic thot's suddenly losing a precious orbiter), but physically becoming a chad.

However, Rarity becoming a spinster cat lady is a bit too depressing. She was easily the one among the mane 6 who was the most romantic and in the end she ended up being single and childless.

This show might have degenerated into SJW pandering, but there is some redpill gold in there still.
>>
ok but who the hell did spike end up with
don't tell me 2 side litteral whos got together and became faggots but spike just gets to be an incel
>>
>>34282113
He's probably anything but an incel with that body.
>>
>>34282119
THEN WHO DID HE END UP WITH GOD DAMNIT THE ONLY PERSON I WANTED TO WIN AND HE GETS ALL CHADED UP BUT WERE IS HIS BITCH AT
>>
>>34282110
There is lots of irony going on in the finale. PINKIE, all of ponies, is the only one who ends up being a mother.

I get the point of showing them old was to tell the audience "Don't worry, they end up living long lives together as friends" but there are some seriously disturbing implications about it. Twilight being the only one not aging because of her Princess status, that hint of AppleDash, Fluttercord, spinster Rarity... Pinkie and Spike are just about the only main characters who got a satisfying closure.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 320x180)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>34282131
Spike and Rarity standing next to each other might imply something... hoever they're not nearly as close in this picture as Applejack and Dash so it's hard to tell. I think it's deliberately left ambiguous because they want the audience to focus on the SJW stuff rather than the interspecies romance.
>>
File: 2126958.png (33 KB, 246x309)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>34282113
>>34282131
Comic Relief is canon.
>>
> helping AJ with her chores
https://youtu.be/xGO7P9U_TGk
https://youtu.be/8Tp8ANUh9IA
>>
>>34282138
I actually do think Twilight being immortal is satisfying for her character. It really ties together the encroaching feeling of death and mortality in the finale. Really if they just gave Fluttershy and AJ kids, removed the AppleDash shit, and made inspired mane 6 designs for Luster Dawn's friends I'd be very satisfied with the final episode. (e24 and e25 would still complete garbage though)
>>
>>34274359
LyraBon is fine because they're background ponies with no real characterization and the writers have danced around the subject for a long time.

The problem with AppleDash is not about being a lesbian couple, it's that there is something fundamentally wrong about having the two main characters hooking up in the finale after being friends for a decade with zero hints of romantic attraction. The fact they're the two most tomboish members of the main cast adds salt to the injury because of unintended, yet infortunate implications.
>>
>>34278382
slenderman is a shitpost, and if you admit that sunset being crammed into a corner of the screen is the same as him then shes a shitpost too.
>>
>>34280825
bad comparison pic, at least get them both looking the same way for twilight. there was way more uncanny stuff than that
>>
>>34281226
this is the same denial as flutterfags
>>
>>34282050
Nothing's stopping Twilight from using the same spell on her friends when she inevitably can't bear parting with them, unless Celestia didn't teach her the spell or something.
>>
>>34282251
*The Alicorn spell
>>
File: 14248014969740.gif (448 KB, 500x275)
448 KB
448 KB GIF
How to live without poners?
>>
>>34280620
Her ship was shot down by new Canterlot anti-air defense force and unlike the movie, she died for realz.
>>
>>34282060
is there a trope for this, or was the first FiM to turn into the complete opposite of its premise over its runtime
>>
>>34280632
I always thought (and hoped it would stay despite all the gay agenda) that Lyra and Bon and also Vinyl and Octavia were just roomies.
At least Octavia proved straight, omg.
>>
>>34282304
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeasonalRot
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EndingAversion
>>
>>34282251
Which opens the huge can of worms of "Why do YOUR dear ones get to live young and with magic steroids forever and we don't?" that Celestia and Luna had going on for the entire show.

The writers didn't want to touch such a delicate ethical issue and wrapped things up before that moment could no longer be postponed.
>>
>>34282304
It's quite common in many shows that last more than 3 seasons.
>>
>>34280632
I really want to believe this is true. I'll celebrate it because it's a counter fuck you to the fuck you the animators gave us this season. They put far more attention into shoving this retarded fandom meme into the background than they did making nice looking animation for the actual episode; anything that fucks over them is good for me.

It would also show that hasbro is willing to pull shit and reign in these fucks when they go too far, meaning they might actually put effort into keeping some consistency in G5.
>>
>>34282193
>unintended, yet infortunate implications

That's the irony with most of the lesbian-pushing stuff you see around these days, almost all of it religiously follows traditional dyke stereotypes. We're not in the era of 'girls can be whatever they want and still be girls' where FiM was founded any more, voices of reason that believe in that (like Faust herself in >>34267510) don't hold much sway in leftist cliques anymore.

It must suck to be a young girl that likes sporty/boyish things and ponies, seeing the character explicitly designed to represent people like that get suddenly pigeonholed into being gay out of absolutely nowhere because some retard wanted to win some brownie points with his/her retarded friends.
>>
>>34282304
I feel like there's some kind of [somebody's name] Law for this phenomenon. The longer something goes on, the more and greater likelihood it breaks down until it barely resembles its former self anymore.

>inb4 that's just called "entropy"
>>
>>34282344
Steep decline in quality surely, but such a 180 isn't all that common I think.
>>
>>34282359
I think Avatar:LoK and Dexter got some seriously messed up finales and from the looks of it Arrow is steadily heading in that direction.
>>
>>34282352
Also notice how Applejack looks a lot more feminine post-time skip with her hair style and cothing. Seems deliberate to make her the "feminine" one to Dash's masculine look.
>>
>>34282356
it is entropy. but it would have never happened under faust or at least to this extreme. its the game of telephone except they keep passing the ball to the next one and losing the original intent that we started with. the end result is contorted from what the original one telling the story wanted.
>>
>>34282375
I mean in the context of created works. Entropy is usually taken to mean natural phenomenon. I'm looking specifically for a term that describes this social-artistic phenomenon.
>>
>>34282376
> I'm looking specifically for a term that describes this social-artistic phenomenon.
thats why i brought up telephone. it's not a law per say but it's a very obvious social phenomenon where people add or take away from the original message as you talk to the next person and amplify your own bias
>>
>>34282375
But how did it actually happen? Complain about the dilution of the world with generic cultures all you want but Shadow Play perfectly encompassed the values of the show. It makes no sense for the same team to make such a radical change from their own writing two years ago. Hell, just a year ago they even reformed the racist strawman they created. It's pure incompetence.
>>
>>34282376
I don't know of any term, usually meta terminology like that isn't common. I'd just call it loss of vision/focus
>>
>>34282384
I suppose. Maybe it actually is called the telephone effect. It would make sense. If it isn't a thing, then I dub it a thing now.
>>
>>34282257
there is no "alicorn" spell. petrification spell isnt canon and alicornization wasnt a spell the sisters used. if you want an easy handwave solution just make the mane6 all alicorns through grogars bell same as cozy.
>>
>>34264216
This one was the best of the final 5 episodes. The callback to Perfect Pear was cute and the rest of the episode was fun. A good "calm before the storm" final episode.
>>
>>34264252
Just noticed Flim&Flam are there. They got a last-minute redemption huh?
>>
File: autism.png (1.98 MB, 2572x1104)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>34282366
I think you're onto something there, especially since at the same time Dash looks a lot more masculine than she used to. With that new mane and her tail unchanged she's starting to look more like the male Wonderbolts than the closest female ones, especially since Dash lacks the extra eyelashes that most female ponies have.
>>
>>34282386
shadow play was filler garbage, and its a great example of seasonal rot even if it still maintained the shows core message the pacing was shit and the pony of shadows did nothing except go hide in a ditch. even fucking sombra in his first debut was more of a threat
>>
>>34282446
They were kinda redeemed in their last episode I think? Or at least they showed they are capable of putting their greed aside for a few minutes if there is a bigger problem to deal with.
>>
>>34282518
Nope, F&F's last appearance was the University episode with Starswirl, where they're the villains. The previous one (Las Pegasus episode) was the one where they briefly cooperated with AJ and FS.
>>
>>34282514
I said it after S7 finale and I say it again:
Pony of Shadows was not the main antagonist in that episode. Starswirl was.
>>
>>34282526
They showed up in the christmas special but they were villains there as well.
>>
>>34282552
He was about to doom his friend to some shadow dimension and he represented the strawman of narrow minded people the same way Neighsay was depicted as muh bigot. Lazy ass recycled characters with new set dressing.
>>
>>34282362
Not a TV show but Mass Effect 3's ending made a 180 on everything it stood for as well.
>>
>>34276629
I'm trying here and the link is pretty dead. Still wanted that subs.
>>
>>34281073
i'm totally not fine with this.

>>34281097
welcome to the herd.
>>
>>34281102
Instead of removing the wrinkles, we should edit the finale to give googly eyes to all the ponies.
>>
File: 1241620.png (45 KB, 789x240)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>34282386
Talking more broadly here, I think what Haber said here had major influence on the quality. Basically
>Lauren & Team start the show
>they get replaced with corporate yes-men
>these writers don't watch the show but rely on the fan-made summary of the source material
>they slowly get replaced with another generation of writers
>these new writers again don't watch any previous material but rely on the fan-made summary of the new material that's based on the fan-made summary of the source material
This could have never ended well.
>>
File: ncc.png (1.09 MB, 1262x720)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>People still insisting on AJ and RD being dykes.
>When this episode is the definitive summary of how the nu-staff writes them together.
At least with Cheese and Pinkie, as out of nowhere as it is, they wrote them as not outright despising each other and aggressively arguing even after solving the friendship problem.
>>
>>34283039
This pic looks like foreplay to the most passionate angry sex ever.
>>
>>34283108
>Only Dash is a dyke. Post-time skip AJ is a bit more feminine.

I guarantee you that's to fit in with the classic stereotype of every lesbian relationship having a butch 'man' with a more feminine woman. For some reason these modern progressive types are completely entrenched in stereotypes that used to be regarded as offensive.
>>
>>34283208
>Not recognizing the stuck windswept look, from flying with the wonderbolts for 20+ years.
>Expecting the animators to put effort into creating another wonderbolt jacket.
You're just acting like a retard. Cut it out.
>>
>>34283208
This.
You can clearly see that they gave a frilly dress to Bonbon and a moustache to Lyre, and they're doing exactly the same with Rainbowdash and Apple Jack.
>>
The final episode was shit. No excuses. They drew them as sickly cancer patients rather than older. Rarity was the one who wanted to get married more than anyone and whelp no sign of it. Applejack canonically wanted foals to carry on the farm. Out of all the ponies to reproduce, only pinkie did. No real insight to their future lives. None of that can be forgiven. Also twilights parents are old enough to have an adult offspring and weren’t looking that awful so how did they fuck it up that bad
>>
>abandoned ponies two years ago
Shit, guess I gotta catch up or rewatch the whole show quick
>>
>>34283250
They were ruined in the writing process, just like RD's and FS's parents.
>Proper character development? Nah let's just make them comedic retards.

What extra unforgivable about those two is that we had already seen them early on., so we know they shouldn't be like this.
>>
File: Wind_Rider_ID_S5E15.png (503 KB, 734x768)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
>>34283228
We've already seen another Wonderbolt in a similar position to time-skip Dash: Wind Rider. He's an ageing pony that flew with the Wonderbolts for decades, and yet his mane isn't all swept back and he's wearing his standard-issue bomber jacket.

Why else would future Rainbow Dash be wearing some odd leather jacket/turtleneck combo that doesn't resemble anything we've ever seen in the Wonderbolts' wardrobe across nine seasons of appearances?
>>
File: 1400470.png (1.32 MB, 1850x1950)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>34283303
Because leather jackets are rad, you fucking autist.
>>
The worst part is we can't just ask Haber for confirmation because you just know he'll give some intentionally BS answer.
>>
>>34283664
Pound and Pumpkin
>>
>>34283691
Pound and Pumpkin dude, the siblings. The annoying babies that were born is season 2?
>>
File: fixed finale.png (1019 KB, 1920x1080)
1019 KB
1019 KB PNG
>>34282940
>>
I wonder why you keep getting them (you)s. It's retarded itself and goes nowhere.
>>34283730
How about SHOOP DA WHOOP?
>>
>>34283739
Who me?
Why thank you.
>>
File: 20190908_191808.jpg (181 KB, 680x457)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
ITT:people getting mad at their own contradiction

Reaction to seeing the ending of the end part 1
>see discord can't be trusted and anything he said is a lie
Reaction to seeing the ending of the end part 2
>why the fuck would he turn then to stone he said he doesn't do that
>mfw
>>
>>34283785
>Discord is a piece of shit in part 1, but he's can do whatever he wants anyway
>Discord is a piece of shit in part 2, but he's can do whatever he wants anyway
>people are upset that Discord is a piece of shit, but he's still presented as a good guy
I don't really know what's confusing about this.
>>
>>34283779
The most hilarious fucking part to me is that they're asking for their waifu to be in their 50s childless and alone. Holy shit, relationships are supposed to be established when you're young and support each other through life's trials and experience. Even at the present day FiM continuity they've already experienced so much that you would had not been there for. If you're not fucking sad seeing your waifu in her 50s completely childless, married to her career or just a dyke, you're so deep into autism there's no saving you. Just fucking imagine being with your waifu as she was in season 1 like the rest of us.
>>
>>34283813
You contradict yourself sir. You say it's sad to see our waifus alone yet you do not realize your waifu and the show's characters are two different entities entirely. Your waifu loves you. The show is fiction but your waifu is with you forever. You don't have to imagine when you know its true.
>>
>>34283813
>Just fucking imagine being with your waifu as she was in season 1 like the rest of us.
Words to live by.
>>
File: fs_clip_show.png (51 KB, 755x872)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Holy shit, barely anyone has talked about the clip shows but Fluttershy's has a scene I've wanted from her character ever since Fluttershy Leans In. Haber's choice of clips is fucking atrocious but that can be fixed ourselves, the new content is pretty great. They better give us this shit in full itunes or netflix quality because I think these are going to be essential for enjoying the epilogue properly. The 2 parter leaves such a bad taste in your mouth but slowly building up to Twilight's coronation in the epilogue with 6 episodes reviewing the best moments of the mane 6 will be a great pallet cleanser. Essentially it's going to shift the focus of killing your enemies as the final moments with these characters to a nostolgia trip before saying goodbye.
>>
>>34283844
I thought that was kind of obvious to every waifufag, who the fuck would want to live in Mccarthy and Haber's equestria anyway? Has there even been a single good addition to the world and its function since then? They completely dropped the nature themes, the prior technological level, even the old foundation story got written away.
>>
File: oh_golly.png (908 KB, 1800x1200)
908 KB
908 KB PNG
>>34284014
I didn't get any of that but ok.
>>
File: 2119788.png (682 KB, 890x988)
682 KB
682 KB PNG
>>34283929
>Haber's choice of clips is fucking atrocious
Haber can't keep continuity of plot details to save his life, don't expect him to remember relevant scenes of episodes he has never watched.
The full extend of his work to curate the selection was probably looking for "My little pony clips" on YouTube, and just picking results at random until he filled 20 minutes with each pony. I don't think it'd be an exaggeration to say that kyrospawn probably worked more on these clip shows than Haber.
>>
>>34284056
I wish I knew how to edit videos, I'd recut all of S7-9 into something that actually makes sense, like that recut of The Force Awakens that fixed everything and pissed off a ton of people at the same time.
>>
>>34284067
Maybe when we get realistic output from >>34189328, or if you do dwk-style dubs. It's not worth it to just move around scenes since you'd still have limited material to work with.
>>
>>34284056
The good news is that no one wants to fucking sit through 2 hours of clip shows in the first place so I will gladly take it upon myself to cut the 6 episodes down into a watchable 1 hour long special and replace the clips with the best possible examples for the characters without all the filler.

>>34284067
I've already said it before in this thread, but we can fix the finale as a fandom. I don't have the animation talent myself but simply cutting away the part where they stone the villains and replacing it with them being teleported into the rubble with mops, brooms, and prison outfits combined with reformation scenes in the newspaper would fix so much.
>>
>>34284067
Having something like this would be nice, not only to make the show better, but also as a fuck you to the people who made this.
Haber, Dubuc, Vogel, they turned the show into their shitty fanfic, ignoring everything this show ever meant. A project to show that we don't give a fuck about their fanfic would probably piss them off.

>>34284082
>no one wants to fucking sit through 2 hours of clip shows in the first place
I mean, technically, I wouldn't mind sitting through 2 hours of clips, if it was a real selection of good moments of the show. But it being a random selection with an unfortunate context makes it look way less interesting.
I certainly don't want to spend 2 hours watching random filler only to see Twilight saying goodbye to her friends because suddenly friendship isn't important anymore and she has to move to Canterlot for completely retarded reasons. Two hours of that shit sounds agonizing and pointless, I'd very much take an abridged version instead. So, I like your idea. Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>34284170
And while we're at it we can get rid of all the memefaces for actual on-model expressions.
>>
File: twiboomer.png (77 KB, 500x400)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>34284056
>kyrospawn
Now that brings me back...
>>
>>34284056
>>34284194
kyrospawn....whatever happened to that dude??
>>
Maybe that ending was not perfect but it's still an ending.
The fucking shows ended.
This whole fucking thing started almost a decade ago.
I was on this ride for all that time.
Of course there were times I just disasociated because of the cringy shit bronies would do and their reputation but actually I kept coming back.
Even seeing the fucking m6 something like 15 years older and married and all that shit felt like a kick in the balls because it occured to me that I was also a decade older than when it started.
Of course there's g5 but it wont be the same, especially since some of you apparently got the info that they're changing the main chars, which makes sense, but also the entire setting, so yeah basically, it'll never be the same.
Sure I wanted a more fullfiling epilogue but guess that will have to do.
Stay strong horsefuckers, who knows, g5 might actually be great.
>>
File: clip_show_ending.png (94 KB, 566x685)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
I was looking through the clip show scripts again and the ending is kind of strange. Unfortunately it looks like I was wrong and they might actually air this shit after the epilogue since the final clip show does take place after the coronation. When I cut it down, I think I'll make it an after credits scene for The Last Problem and replace Best Friends Until The End of Time with "My Little Pony Friends." It was the song speculated to be originally intended to say goodbye to the fans when season 3 was supposed to be the last. Ingram planned it to be the Equestria Girls credits theme which is why the official music video is no hooves shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aJyDsL2wMU
>>
>>34264239
I spit my drink bro. I'm mad and amazed
>>
>>34264287
What you didn't get that they were gay 6 years ago when the fandom drew thousands of r34?
>>
>>34264508
not enough lewd faces
>>
>>34284578
>fag of the fandom
ishygddt
>>
>>34265871
That could have been pretty funny desu
>>
>>34284587
Implying anyone would stay here after season 6 if they were actually only interested in the show. Even if you only like the porn, you're still here for the fandom.
>>
>>34266315
I wish an official ending happened either in S3 or S6. But you know has they said [spoilers] it could have been worse [/spoilers]
>>
>>34266408
The one scene that made me happy I kept watching. Then you realize there was only one scene with that kinda impact
>>
>>34265356
big brain right here
>>
>>34284606
Twilicorn was the official ending.
>>
>922 replies
>not 1000
What happened?
>>
>>34284769
Flutterfag and shippernigger war. Mass deletion.
>>
>>34284769
A bunch of autists shit up the thread with shipfaggotry and waifuwars. Jannies actually did their job and deleted about 90+posts. Now everyone is back to being sad/mad about the ending.
>>
>>34284813
>Jannies actually did their job
Lol it's just the newbie Jannies that just got hired. Their work ethic will die down in a month.
>>
>>34284639
Nah it wasn't. Faust created the show and confirmed she intended to take Twilight in a completely different direction. Twilicorn is as "canon" as "adult Twi ruler of Equestria"
>>
>>34284312
he wisely dipped out when the show started going to shit. Lucky bastard
>>
So, i know i'm feeding myself to the lions by saying this, but i've watched the finale like 50 times now, and by doing that i've managed to get rid of a lot of the sadness. Now, i'm able to watch the ending without being sad and i can appreciate the ending for what it is (i'm still sad, but more because of G4 ending, not the finale itself anymore).

Honestly? I think it was a damn good ending. It answered a lot of questions i had. Would Twilight become a capable leader? Would she outlive her friends? Who would fall in love/have babies? While not every question was answered, and i don't like a lot of the answers a lot of those questions got, i am happy they were answered. It really puts my mind to ease.

Perfect finale? Absolutely not. But perfection would have been nearly impossible. I can really appreciate Hasbro trying. Because, let's be honest, the finale was like 80% for us bronies. Little kids aren't going to understand a lot of what was going on there.

I can understand why some people are despising this finale, and i don't 100% love it either. But i sure as hell don't think i could have written a better finale, and i appreciate the series ending in a good way (that song is in my top 3 of the entire show with perfect pear and celestia's ballad). And IMHO, Twilight as a fully grown alicorn is fucking GORGEOUS. I know that's not the popular opinion, but oh well. Be a rebel i guess.
>>
>>34271493
Wouldn't being turned to stone be like being cryogenically frozen? Or was there a throwaway line in the show that confirmed that Discord was conscious the whole time he was statue'd?
>>
>>34284901
>Honestly? I think it was a damn good ending.
In what way? The two parter goes against the entire theme of the show, and the epilogue is fucking nothing but showing off shitty OCs, terrible new designs, and not giving any character a satisfying end.
>Hasbro trying
You're actually retarded if you think for a second that anyone at DHX much less Hasbro gave even a modicum of a shit about the finale.
>>
>>34276229
Spike clearly ended up with Gabby, Rarity was never right for him
>>
>>34284917
I guess i'm not as cynical as others on this board. Everyone is bemoaning the finale for not being what they wanted and i'm just not in the same mindset. I enjoyed the song, i enjoyed Twilight being passed the torch by Celestia, and her in turn passing on the torch to Luster. It just felt satisfying.

The Cozy Glow situation was bad, i'll agree with that. When i say finale, i'm mainly talking about the epilogue.
>>
>>34284963
>Everyone is bemoaning the finale for not being what they wanted and i'm just not in the same mindset.
>muh ignore the negatives
You know some people actually engage with the media they consume and will notice things they dislike. It's not like most people's complaints are even that egregious, it's not that fucking demanding that we would like an epilogue that is an actual episode with a real story and features the mane 5 in totality rather than sidelining them like they've done for the last 7 fucking years. I'd also like them to actually write and show shit rather than letting "it happened off screen" or insignificant implications do it.
>>
>>34284906
Discord commented on being lonely when he broke out, and then later when freed for reformation commented on the plan he had overheard.

the argument though, was that Discord, being the lord of chaos, had the power to remain conscious, while anypony lesser would probably be completely frozen, mind and all.

Though it wouldn't be much of a punishment if to the prisoner, it was nothing more than a blink, and suddenly they're transported to the future. except that everyone they knew would probably be dead, and the landscape unfamiliar. It'd only be effective if there were never any plans to un-stone any statue, ever; the equivalent of a pony gallows or pony guillotine, but somehow kid-friendly.
>>
File: dark_wojak.png (90 KB, 900x1042)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>34284996
This shouldn't have happened
>>
File: 1543447448658.png (650 KB, 691x897)
650 KB
650 KB PNG
I sure hope there will be plenty of fanfics to write a much better send-off then that lazily-made epilogue.
>>
File: ~.png (431 KB, 800x600)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>34285033
One featuring Anon and the mane 6
>>
File: RariTwi1.png (3.94 MB, 3500x7500)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB PNG
>>34276300
>>34276358
HOLY SHIT THE ENDING WAS EVEN MORE BASED THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT
>>
>>34276513
>>34276537
God it feels good to be a RariTwifag.
>>
>>34276229
In my mind, Spike and Rarity are a couple. Fuck Hasbro for not making it canon. Writers can suck my left nut for that one.

Sparity, Flutterpie (i know i'm like the only one ever to ship those two but i don't give a dead moose's last shit), TwiJack and Gildash are always canon to me. Also, StarTrixie.
>>
>>34284996
>the argument though, was that Discord, being the lord of chaos, had the power to remain conscious, while anypony lesser would probably be completely frozen, mind and all.

This would still be an easier pill to swallow. Tirek, Cozy and Chrysalis literally have no one else they care about except MAYBE each other. So anyone dying while stoned means nothing to them.

Sure beats Cozy a literal filly going insane from being conscious for decades as a statue, unable to cry. Unable to scream.
>>
>>34276735
In the script it has their names +future so it hasn't even happened yet. You can just take it as 1 possible future if you want. Same with Shimmer being canon, it's really up to you if you want that. I don't think anyone should consider the epilogue canon.
>>
>>34273489
>>34273484
What the fuck this was in that episode!? I didn't even see it in the background! I am fucking mad at Hasbro for half assing/stealthing this shit.
>>
>>34285033
There's an entire group dedicated to "fixing" the show on Fimfic. You bet your ass they will be on the last 3 episodes writing fixfics until the end of time.
>>
File: 1560438426117.png (410 KB, 597x556)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>34285217
That's good to hear. I would much prefer a dedicated fan writing something then accepting the shit these nu-writer hacks spit-balled.
>>
>>34285102
>>34285105
They are so cute together, this is amazing.
>>
>>34285217
>an entire group dedicated to "fixing" the show on Fimfic
>literal autists
>shitty writing
>le "fixing"
PAST SINS IS CANON
>>
>>34285204
In my mind and in the show fluttercord is not Canon. Thank the show writers for not putting that in the show. They're still just friends to this day.
>>
>>34285246
>>shitty writing
Still an improvement over the cancerous writing of the finale.
A drugged monkey could write a better ending than what we got.
>>
>>34285246
I've seen them rewrite entire characters to the point where I thought 5d chess was being played. I think there will be a Discord version of this story someday:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/410580/the-long-con
>>
>>34285272
Drugged monkey is a better writer than most writers from fimfiction though.
>>
>>34285282
We need Drugged Monkey to write a fixed fixed finale.
>>
>>34285282
Hierarchy goes

Drugged monkey on a typewriter > most writers on fimfiction (except 1 or 2 people who actually know how to write) > the finale/epilogue's writing
>>
>>34285214
The fuck did you want? A full on Arthur Principle and the fag, gay wedding episode for background characters?
>>
>>34285308
>most writers on fimfiction (except 1 or 2 people who actually know how to write) =< the finale/epilogue's writing
ftfy
>>
>>34285325
Yes.
>>
>>34285280
That was an epic read. Way better than the finale. What do you mean by a discord version though?
>>
File: 1420014812703.jpg (59 KB, 422x475)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>34285346
Josh, please.
>>
>>34285384
Discord version where he reveals he was evil the whole time, because there's no fucking way he would have done all that stupid shit for no reason.
>>
>>34285407
And then he gets turned to stone. Based new finale.
>>
>>34285434
>then he gets turned to stone
Are flutterfriends really still seething about him?
>>
>>34285462
I wouldn't know. I'm not a flutterfag. I just think he should be turned back to stone for his crimes.
>>
>>34285462
Discord is the biggest asshole in the show. You don't even need to be a flutterfag to hate him, it should be pretty natural when he ruins basically everything he's involved. I gotta give credit to big mac for putting up with his bullshit, he's done nothing but fuck up everything for him.
>>
>>34285462
No, they basically stopped caring either way back in the episode where they had tea, they just want to have a comfy thread about their waifu. But someone has spent the last three days doing his best barneyfag impression, alternating between raging at them and some "Hello fellow kids"-tier falseflagging.
It's been pretty sad to watch.
>>
File: IMG_2724.png (1.49 MB, 1334x750)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>34285033
Perhaps one where Luna trains Twilight to govern the dream realm.

How would you feel if Twilight showed up in your dreams?
>>
>>34285629
>How would you feel if Twilight showed up in your dreams?
She already does
>>
>>34285481
I don't understand how they write him so terribly.
After he was reformed then reformed again in Keep Calm and Flutter On he should've at worse been chaotic good, just pulling pranks and at worse fucking with Glimmer and the students (no chance of harming them)

Instead he nearly banishes Tree Hugger to another dimension, let Sombra have a chance at the mane 6 instead of easily beating him
>>
>>34285632
And is she doing Luna's job well?
>>
>>34285638
con't
On top of that betraying the mane 6 to Tirek. Reviving Sombra, releasing Cozy and Tirek from Tartarus, rallying Chrysalis, giving them a fucking relic of superpower, getting the tree of harmony destroyed and nearly causing those three to rule Equestria and he gets off fucking scot free?
>>
>>34284901
>i've watched the finale like 50 times now,
Dude what the fuck.
>>
File: cant_wake_up.png (296 KB, 619x402)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
I am psychologically addicted to ponies, but cartoon is over. What should i do, exept suicide?
>>
>>34285653
You don't give him enough credit. Discord literally teleports Sombra into the middle of the Crystal Empire. He literally sent him exactly where he wanted to go. There is not a single excuse for this.
>>
>>34284515
>Making a joke about starting the next book after time skipping several fucking years
>>
>>34285773
Read the manga and then continue to poniponi until you die
>>
>>34285638
>>34285653
>>34285785
I've said it before but it doesnt get said enough, it's some beautiful fucking irony that these writers are so bad they loop around into being good, but with the completely wrong tone for this show.
In any other show, the idea of discord being a 300IQ mastermind playing the long con on all the good guys and WINNING in the finale while still keeping up the illusion of being good?
That would be a fantastic ending for a series that they know is going to get a reboot, it sets the stage perfectly for the next protagonists, especially since he's a reality warper.
>>
>>34285830
They're not that smart. Plus that theory hinges on the entire mane 6 cast being fucking retarded to allow him to pull this off. He hasn't been remotely subtle about anything.
>>
>>34285638
>>34285653
How they fucking forgave him after he sold them out the second he had an out made me hate his character.

All I was thinking is, if another opportunity like that came up again he'd do it again.
>>
>>34285907
>Discord is allegedly reformed
>Discord helps Tirek attack Equestria
>the ponies forgive him immediately
>Discord says he's sorry, and he learned the lesson
>Discord helps Tirek attack Equestria AGAIN
>the ponies forgive him immediately AGAIN
>Discord doesn't even say he's sorry
Everything about the finale is so bafflingly retarded, that I don't think it would be physically possible to write Discord any worse.
>>
>>34285905
'good' was the wrong choice, more like it'd only take some very minor tweaks in the story for that to be the plan.
Especially since he can canonically mess with minds just by poking them or via just talking to them.
>>
>>34285280
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/410580/the-long-con
Wtf, I seriously don't understand that "equality" shit. It isn't even an ideology, but still people keep using it like it is some antiutopia dream of Starlight.
To think of it, even in the S5 premiere it could be deducted that Starlight just wanted some friends, but since she was unable to make any, she forced ponies into it while also making precaution measures (cutie marks).
Luckily Twilight managed to make that sociophobe come to her senses,
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Glimmer was handled decently in the finale?
>brief but impactful moments, especially with her gift to Twilight after the coronation. She's the for the final pre-time skip hug but she's not shoehorned in the post-time skip gathering, showing that her character is important but not quite Mane character status.
>gets her long-awaited fight with Chrysalis where she doesn't entirely rely on her magic, but also her wits. She still loses to a powered-up Chrysalis for obvious reasons.
>satisfying and logical conclusion to her character with her running the school of friendship. She started as an equality-obsessed fanatic who ruled her town with an iron fist and ended up being nominated as a reasonable authority figure in a highly diverse envirorment. And we saw her entire development for 4 seasons so none of this was forced.
>>
>>34286088
I wonder what happened with her magic hobby though, her mashing a new spell in ELTSD was pretty cool imho.
>>
>>34286088
Yeah, she was poorly written in S6 and S7 but she improved a lot in the last two seasons. She's one of the very few main characters who got a satisfying closure (Spike and Pinkie being the other two in my opinion).
>>
>>34285806
>Read the Manga
Not the anon you replied but I don't trust the Japanese to write about my ponies.
>>
>>34286388
It was produced in the US. You ever need to read it from left to right.
>>
>>34281226
The only thing the person at the very top of the comment chain in the pic is wrong about is denial being the second stage of grief.
Denial is the first stage. It goes in this order:
1. Denial.
2. Anger.
3. Depression.
4. Bargaining.
5. Acceptance.
>>
>>34286388
I read few years ago a manga called Scott Pilgrim vs the World. It is cool, try it out.
>>
>>34286467
Funny thing how it works the other way round here. People accepted this shit first, started to think how fucked up is the finale, skipped the depression, are pissed off and don't accept the finale as canon.
>>
File: 954800.png (1.78 MB, 9000x10000)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>34286589
We're subverting expectations!
Suck it, Haber, we're not accepting your fanfic.
>>
File: m.png (515 KB, 2000x1002)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
Damn
>>
can't believe the villains won.
>>
>>34286667
Funny thing, eh? Friendship doesn't exist.
Only manipulation and power.
>>
File: discord02.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>34286670
>All power demands sacrifice, villains. Thank you... for yours.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.29 MB, 1920x1080)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
I really like this frame.
>>
>>34286736
MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>34286736
Daaaaaw
>>
File: 1497697102553.jpg (11 KB, 213x200)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>34285217
Someone link it to me right now.
>>
>>34286736
:o
>>
>>34285629
Wait, so between doing the royal duties and guarding dreams, when would she sleep?
>>
>>34285204
>Flutterpie
Good choice, pal
https://www.youtube. com/ watch?v=fxKljK0hH10
>>
File: 1530006739879.png (683 KB, 753x549)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
>Celestia is over a thousand years old and has been the sole ruler of Equestria for the vast majority of that time
>Luna was born over a thousand years ago but in practice is probably still in the double digits thanks to being banished, and has only resumed a position of rulership for the past five or so years
>both princesses retire at the same time

Does anyone else find this extremely odd? Is Luna just exploiting her sister's desire for retirement to dump everything on Twilight and go on NEET holiday for a thousand years?
>>
>>34286786
Who else would guard the dream realm? (I could possibly see Fluttershy doing it, but she doesn't have the alicorn magic necessary.)

And wouldn't she be asleep while she's doing it?
>>
>>34286822
>Who else would guard the dream realm?
Luna, of course!
>>
>>34286822
>And wouldn't she be asleep while she's doing it?

Celestia is awake when we see her use Luna's power to enter the dream realm, and Luna is shown as being dead tired in the morning after a night of dream-guarding. It doesn't seem to be possible for one pony to do both jobs without them somehow not needing to sleep at all.
>>
>>34286846
Hmmm... so this "retirement" is more of Twilight taking Celestia's position and replacing her as Luna's co-ruler in a "the future belongs to the youth" kind of statement... I'd imagine the two would get along well, no?
>>
ok so i watched s9 E24,25 and 26 in English with a hostel friend. (he's not a fan of the show, he sometimes hang out with me, so we watched MLP:FiM sometimes, watched few big episodes so he sort of understand the story-line a bit, and still continuing in season 1). So he know a bit of the characters.

From his comment,
the final battle was really epic, confusion for him cuz he didn't watch every episode.
The villain turn into stone he feel nothing special about it (from the view of a normal viewer), but when i explained the issue then he gets it.

About the epilogue, he was also shocked, he thinks rainbow dash looks really handsome though. But the other ponies turn old was also a shock for him, say twilight look so thin, still look nice. He commented that he didn't get to see Celesta and Luna and other characters so it's kinda weird and he felt like something's missing.
>>
>>34286805
>twilight has to stay away 24/7 now
>>
>>34286885
Also we thought that there were supposed to be 4 princesses ruling Equestria.
https://youtu.be/9oMY5YRdhAQ

But i guess after season 8 everything changed quite a lot.
at season 9 premier i thought at least twilight and her friends going to rule Equestria together. But in the final it was a shock, now twilight's is alone and visit friends once a month. I guess it's a relatable experience when i'm graduating.
[blog]
I can feel the feels. Before i come to college i wasn't really keen on friendship and i almost had no friends, only know classmates, but after i went to college and met MLP, i realized the magic of friendship and after December i'm probably going to move on as well like Twilight.

So for me i guess Epilogue has a ok lesson, but the way it present with the future timeline with all those shipping/cucking and the issue of twilight outlive her friends and more. It kinda sucks. It closes the book, but there remains so many questions.
>>
>>34286884
I wouldn't say so, given that both Celestia and Luna give up their crowns to be merged into Twilight's. Both of them also mention they're going off to live in Silver Shoals (because I guess they like being surrounded by old geezers about to kick it while still in their physical primes for some bizarre fucking reason), so Luna is officially throwing away her position as ruler and fucking off despite being (comparatively) very young and only ruling for a very brief period. It makes absolutely no sense.
>>
I’m not mad about shipping, I’m mad about GAY shipping.

Think about it. Lyra and Bob Bon will never know the joys of motherhood. They won’t get to watch their children grow up and live and love as they did. They will never go to their children’s graduations, or weddings, or the birth of their grandchildren. They will die with no one to care or provide for them in their old age. Who could be happy for their waifu to suffer that fate?
>>
File: scarf.png (703 KB, 799x677)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
Jesus I feel dumb, I just realized that the scarf old AJ is wearing its Granny's one
>>
>>34264329
Unf
>>
>>34264445
>Tirek and Discord sharing their powers

So is this basically an "'I win' button" if Tirek can use chaos magic to steal everypony's magic and render everypony powerless (minus the princesses, of course, whom he could only weaken a bit)?
>>
>>34286904
>because I guess they like being surrounded by old geezers about to kick it while still in their physical primes for some bizarre fucking reason

Maybe it's because the city has no income tax (and they may already have a vacation palace there)...

>so Luna is officially throwing away her position as ruler and fucking off despite being (comparatively) very young and only ruling for a very brief period.

So can Luna still rule the dream realm whille she is "retired"? Or is that just one of the few duties that she would retain as a figurehead?
>>
>>34264445
I like to give the show some leeway, I'm here to enjoy cute horsies not get angry about things, but my god that second to last episode was awful.

Also, fuck discord. He got no punishment other than a scolding by some main characters. He's just an annoying tool in most of the episodes he's in anyway. The finale kinda just made me decide I hated him. A funny joke here and there isn't enough to make up for how much of an idiot and an asshole he is.
>>
>>34286948
>what is adoption
>>
File: 1408720403860.png (547 KB, 750x682)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>34286948
Holy fuck this. There's nothing in their world or society or culture that in any way impedes them from having children, except the writers and animators (like always). They'll never be able to know life's greatest joy and most incredible miracle. How can anyone say their waifu is "happy" when they can't even experience the greatest natural phenomenon ever? They'll never know the love of being a mother or receive the love of a child to his mother. It's fucking crushing.
>>
>>34286948
>>34287036
They're waiting for (You), anon. They went through all the paperwork to start a herd with an alien stallion, had a fun little party with their friends to celebrate the boring parts being done, and now they wake up early every day to check with the husbando immigration bureau to see if you've checked in yet.

Why aren't you working on the portal? Do you enjoy making them wait?
>>
>>34286948
>>34287036
Honestly I think this is why the idea of lesbian ponies makes me uncomfortable while I don't care at all about fag ponies (if they even exist). There's something saddening about the idea of a woman never having children of her own, especially somepony so family-oriented as Applejack.

The fact that implying the two tomboys of the main cast are gay for each other is really, really fucking dumb for a show that was supposed to be about breaking 'girly' stereotypes really doesn't help either.
>>
>>34287036
>life's greatest joy and most incredible miracle.
>the greatest natural phenomenon ever
I really hate to do this, but don't you think you hype this a little too hard? Don't get me wrong, I'd long to meet my waifu and found a family with her, though your speech and way to describe this just sounds so overly swollen. But granted, life in Equestria is a completely different class than life here. At least it means something over there.
>>
>>34287138
> gay
This is bullshit. In Applejack's day off, Twilight and Rariry helps AJ with her daily idiotic chores. Are they lesbians too?
Dialogue in ep 26 only means that AJ is still doing this dumb jumps around farm animals.
>>
>>34286805
It's a ploy, Celestia sent Twilight off to Ponyville because she was such an annoying student, but then she became a princess so they decided to overload her with villains and duties until she finally kills herself.
>>
>>34286948
>not just using a futa spell
>>
>>34287376
>until she finally kills herself.

Then the glorious and peaceful future Twilight imagines in the finale may never come because she would never get to be a part of it... and because there may be mass chaos if nopony were there to take the throne.
>>
>>34286958
Yes and Winona is also dead by now. AND her aunt Delicious. And any other senior member that was at the reunion
>>
>>34281419
Showing Ponk's kid implies otherwise.

They honestly should have never shown Ponk's kid if they wanted to be ambiguous. Second they showed her filly it begged the question as to why we didn't see anyone else's. Not even AJ's when she was on the fucking farm or Rarity's at the boutique...
>>
>>34287505
Winona can be seen at the farm with her fur all grey, someone indicated that her presence disprove a 20 years skip because dogs age, at least 15 tops.
>>
>>34287706
Don't forget that Josh Haber's script implies AppleDash no matter how much people try to deny it. They robbed us of the mane 6 getting happy endings for a worthless cringe lesbian ship that was never explored in the series like 90% of cartoon finales these days.
>>
File: lyra bonbon egg.jpg (2.35 MB, 1100x1639)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>34286948

dude they're going to have so many lesbian magic babbies
>>
>>34287723
That just makes it worse because it means the main six have aged unbelievably poorly. They should be in their 30's with a skip like that yet every one of them looks on the wrong side of middle age, especially Rarity with her grey hair.
>>
>>34287738
Oh man, I was writing my clopfics wrong the whole time.
>>
>>34287741
If you spent over 15 years teaching at school, helping a princess to rule Euestria, fighting bad guys and having other adventures, you wouldn't look any better.
>>
>>34286980
>some leeway
^:)
>>
>>34287733
>Josh (((Haber)))

Says it all really.
>>
File: scarecrow and lion.png (1.36 MB, 1437x978)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
we never got our third nightmare night episode with Applejack dressed as the tinpony...
>>
Can someone who's seen the epilogue tell me if there's any references at all to Luster Dawn's friends being non ponies and if the only time they're shown is in the very last scene when the mane 6 sees them off? I'm wondering if it's possible to just erase them and put our own new mane 6 there.
>>
>>34287843
We never got our third gala episode with Applejack dressed as the tinpony...
>>
>>34287863
Leave the kirin. She was cute.
>>
>>34287893
I liked the griffon.
>>
>>34196514
>the last episode of the entire series aired on my birthday
>mfw 22 now
>I've been watching this magical horse show for almost a decade now
>the ending was mediocre at best and I feel like it didn't get a proper sendoff
>the writers are hacks
Thanks.
God why am I so autistic?
>>
>>34287733
I kinda don't like the implications of the mane 6 being shipped with each other, I feel like it undermines the platonic, close bond they share. Can't they just be best friends?
Lyrabon and Startrix is cute though
>>
>>34286948
They could still adopt.
>>
>>34287723
>Winona can be seen at the farm with her fur all grey,
Where? All I have seen were three young dogs. Winona's offspring for sure, but she was never shown herself.
>>
Discord was never a good character beyond being a villain.
>>
>>34287893
>>34287893
Depends on what anons want to do when we start the project. I'm writing up some introductory ideas on how we're can fix the shitty ending with only around 1 minute of new animation and I'll start a new thread for it tomorrow. Personally I think the "diverse" friends for Luster Dawn are completely trash with DHX putting zero effort into their designs. Having nonponies as her friends not only lessens the importance and impact of the student 6 but also suffocates the audience with the feeling of ponies being replaced in their own society. I would go with five tastefully designed OC mares that have some hints to their personality traits representing the elements. It would also be a good opportunity for depicting a daughter for Rainbow Dash. While it would be asymmetrical and odd to have only some of the mane 6's kids be part of the new elements, I think Rainbow Dash's would be fitting because she stands out as the one who brought the mane 6's destinies together in the first place. Though as I've said before, the point would be to have everyone get a choice for their own ending by providing multiple permutations of what we create and just have a ffmpeg script in the download that would join the changed clips of your choice into the rest of the episode.
>>
>>34288108
I thought Lustre's friends were fine except for that stallion that had a fucking hamburger as his cutie mark
>>
I just wanted a good ending
>>
>>34288133
I don't know why but i don't think a single western animated show has a had a definitive good ending aside maybe F&F
>>
>>34288173
Fuck i meant from this decade
>>
>>34288173
Endings are tough because you either get underwhelmed by it being exactly what they've built up to or it's just unintelligible trash that throws away everything they've built up to.
>>
>>34288173
Gravity falls had a good ending
So did avatar the last airbender
That's all I can think of
>>
>>34288223
Last air bender was pre 2010
>>
>>34288241
Shit really? I'm getting old.
Fuck legend of Korra while I'm on the topic, what a garbage sequel
>>
>>34288257
You and me both anon I had to double check
>>
>>34287142
No. I don't think there's a single thing in the world that rivals creation as a miracle. I mean, literally what else is more miraculous than life and sentience and, on top of that, the level of complexity and sophistication that is the human mind? I don't think there's any other relationship that's as that of a mother who loves her son and vice versa, it's a connection on many levels, perhaps not the deepest in their world though (since friendship is pretty much the pinnacle). Still a significant one. Obviously I'm being idealistic and extremely sentimental, probably not even a quarter of the mothers in the world have this good of a relationship with their children. But that's the point. Equestria is a fictional, idealistic paradise which has beatified fucking friendship to ascended levels. That's part of the original spirit of the show. They can write whatever story they want and make it as idealistic as they wish and they should be writing to inspire. And for the most part parenthood was depicted in a really positive light. It wasn't until the later seasons with scootaloo that it started to get a bit dark and Faust never even intended that; it only seemed to come about because they waited so long that it tied their hands. There are basically none of the limitations on parenthood that we face here in their world, not economic, not social, not cultural; there's nothing stopping them from having children and experiencing the relationship in its most idealized form. In essence, it's just kind of a bad story where they miss out on something completely unique to the female sex.

It really bothers me that these beautiful and innocent mares don't get to experience motherhood. Maybe it's just some fundamental thing for me but I'll never be okay with it.
>>34287138
The case of AJ annoys me the most; it was like the one thing she had and it was so intrinsic to her character.
>>
>>34288271
Stopped reading at the first 3 sentences, fuck christfags. People shit out ugly subhumans every day you smelly troglodyte
>>
>>34288288
You should have kept reading then. He refers solely to Equestria later on. In this case he is right. Though I wouldn't elevate it at all in our world. Life and and sentience is the cheapest resource of all here. Easy to exploit, available en masse, and fully self-sustaining. I know it sounds edgy, but that's just how it is.
>>
>>34288288
What's more miraculous than life? Name anything; I doubt it compares. Look at the vastness of our solar system and then compare how fractional and tiny humanity is. Yeah, this world sucks. But why does their world have to suck too when they shit out cute ponies?
>>34288357
Again, that's the point. Fictional stories can be idealistic. That's part of the appeal. Our world sucks ass but we can take the good concepts and project them, making nice, moving and inspiring stories. It's not even a new phenomenon, pastorals are one of the most ancient forms of poetry.
>>
>>34288085
I assume the grey one is an old dog, they have the same base and dogs usualy grow to their adult form very quickly.
>>
>>34288093
It's true. Every episode he's been in has him act as an asshole who usually causes or inflames the conflict. I don't know how anyone can like him or his borderline malicious bullshit. I called dwk a faggot for disliking him so intensely but now I realize he was right all along.
>>
>>34288424
I'm not sure. They all looked rather young because, as you said, they're all based on the same model. Could be an old Winona or just a young dog with light fur colors by birth. We can't say that with finality.
>>
>>34288404
>What's more miraculous than life?
The universe. We can't understand it, we can barely grasp its size, and whe have no concepts of what might be 'beyond', if there is something at all. Its existence is crazy to begin with, yet wholly orderly from what we can gather. Life itself on the other hand is just a small side note of reality. A tiny facet of a system we may never understand.
>>
>>34288466
It's funny, at this point we probably know more about the universe than the mysteries of life. We (maybe) know how the universe started, but we don't know where consciousness came from, how it really works or how to replicate it.
>>
>>34276513
>>34277115
You thought you were too clever huh?
https://spectralunicorn.tumblr.com/post/157234105797/i-drew-a-silly-little-valentines-day-comic
https://spectralunicorn.tumblr.com/post/170430809027
>>
>>34288490
>but we don't know where consciousness came from, how it really works or how to replicate it.
You're right on the replication part (yet at least), but there are some pretty good theories on the matter of how life formed. We can obviously not prove them in a lab (at least not in the near future), but they look solid from what we can tell with today's knowledge. The rest is 'simply' billions of years of evolution. Simple life forms reproduced, became ever more complex, and eventually led to the situation we have today. The basic concept isn't so hard.
>>
>>34288223
Last airbender had a 'decent' ending.
The build up was great but they stumbled right at the end with the island turtle bulshit and Aang getting certified fire-lord acupuncture™ to unlock his OP mode.
I think we can all agree Iroh was the best part of the series.
>>
>>34288466
The universe is a good contender insofar as its size is so daunting and completely baffles our minds. However, I think it also works to the inverse; intelligent life (intelligent as in our level, capable of higher thought and intellectual pursuit), as far as we know, only exists here. As far as anyone can, with worthwhile evidence, say, we're the most intelligent thing in this universe; we're absolutely minuscule, completely insignificant in size to the rest of everything. I think that's what makes it truly miraculous; we're just so small yet so special, possibly even alone. The future may prove me a complete fool, but here and now, with what we do know and have, I think the point stands.
>>
>>34265185 Hello.
>>
>>34288591
> As far as anyone can, with worthwhile evidence, say, we're the most intelligent thing in this universe
The lack of evidence does not rule out the possibility though. Yes, we cannot say that there are other life forms out there with certainty, but given how few worlds in space we actually know of, the chances are pretty good that it could exist somewhere else. We have already proven with our existence that it can happen in principle. Add to that the ludicriously long age of the universe, it may also be possible that life has existed somewhere else before, but was destroyed again before it could spread. Or will spawn somewhere long after we're gone. So I'd wager the odds are not in the favour of us being alone out there.
>>
File: what are you doing.png (800 KB, 1500x1500)
800 KB
800 KB PNG
>>34288557
maybe a bit
>>
>>34288677
Right, I never meant to say it's impossible or that other life cannot exist, it's very possible, I'm just saying we haven't found any or any evidence of it existing prior; we really can't make assertions in any way since we just don't have anything. We just have our guesses and heuristics and instincts. I doubt within our own short life time we'll find any evidence either. Since we have nothing to really rival the complexity of our mind, I find it to be absolutely unique.

It's a bit strange to think what another intelligent species might look or be like, we're always predisposed to view them as mirrors of ourselves but that's really just from the limitation of our evidence and viewpoints. Who knows whats out there, might even be talking marshmallow horses.
>>
>>34275854
So where exactly had their relationship "evolved" to that left marriage the "next logical step"? How is standing/eating together in the background for four seasons, then going through some brief drama over Bon Bon's secret and resolving it, then going back to the background "evolving"?
>>
>>34275992
What, exactly, are you using "redeeming" to mean, if not "convincing a villain to stop doing bad stuff so they don't have to get sent to Tartarus/otherwise punished"?
>>
>>34276257
...What does G. M. Berrow have to do with storyboarding and animation?
>>
File: 1558638457860.png (884 KB, 1280x720)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
holy crap I'm tired of fighting with Derpishits about the Cozy bullshit. They are so autistic they say "she's evil" and "pedo" as arguments even if you put forth that human society isn't even that harsh to kids. Ponies are supposed to be NICER than us, and that's the reason I even hate the finale (aside from Discord being Grogar).
I don't give a fuck about Cozy, in fact I didn't like her much. But the smirks and cheering from what they did are disturbing and how can they not see that?
>>
>>34276418
>No sign of Flurry Heart
Did you miss her having her own stained-glass window?
>>
>>34288909
>How is them going from merely sitting next to each other to constantly talking with each other to attending a wedding together to having dinner on H&H day to proposing a logical evolution.
They're fucking background characters, that's more than enough for them.
>>
>>34276772
She already has all of their duties and lives in Canterlot. Didn't you watch the finale?
>>
>>34288927
Different Gillian. For the last season they brought in someone completely new to oversee S9's animation and it was her idea to have the deformed emoji memefaces. And possibly also the constant human poses, but that's only guesswork.
>>
>>34276826
Literally who are you talking about?
>>
>>34288692
Well jokes on you, it only took me three whole fucking days to find.
>>
>>34288943
>from talking to dinner to marriage
>logical evolution
>>
>>34288993
>and lives in Canterlot

If Celestia allowed her to live in Ponyville, why did she move back, especially if she has her own castle in Ponyville?
>>
>>34287843
damn she's cute
>>
File: 1483709038299.jpg (68 KB, 800x560)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>34289053
was it fun?
>>
>>34284921
True. Rarity only used him.
>>
>>34285290
fund it
>>
>>34285638
>>34285653
Legit pissed he never got anything but like maybe chewed up a little.
>>
>>34286088
All I care about is that cunt didn't get wings.
>>
>>34288929
Why are you arguing with those retards in the first place?
>>
>>34285653
Remember when he could detect magical imbalance? Cause the writers didn't when the three villains gained Grogar's powers.
>>
>>34289331
>>34289331
Seeing as Chrysalis didn't use her transformation powers and Tirek didn't use his mass power drain on the army I'd guess they forgot...
>>
File: 1406476571267.jpg (154 KB, 825x638)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>34287138
>There's something saddening about the idea of a woman never having children of her own, especially somepony so family-oriented as Applejack.
>tfw back in season 3 the standard was EIGHT foals from apple dumpling (who still looked pretty good)
Applejack had a hard life. She didn't deserve this. No mare deserves this. Every mare should be able to have her own foal(s) who will look up to her and draw pictures for her and tell her about how great things in his/her day was and will wake her up extra early on hearth's warming to open presents and pool all of his/her allowance money together to buy her some small gift that isn't really much but its still absolutely perfect.
>none of the mane 6 besides pinkie will experience this
>lyra will never experience this
>bonbon will never experience this
>>
>>34289347
that was idiotic.

>>34289745
>No mare deserves this
and they did it to 5 of them, 4 are now barren.

They should've just not show ponks kid if they want things to be ambiguous, better yet don't do the epilogue.
>>
>>34289745
>>none of the mane 6 besides pinkie will experience this
We really don't know that. AJ/Dash and Lyra/Bon sure but Rarity/Twilight can probably magic up something, Fluttershy and Discord too.
>>
>>34289807
There's legit no reason to show Ponk's kid, but not the others
see
>>34287706

>>34289780
Imagine Flutters, someone who loves and cares for animals for a living not having a child.... No one to care for the sanctuary, nothing.
>>
>>34281739

Implying he has magical outbursts, they live together, and have a kid. None of that happened Anon.
>>
>>34289807
>We really don't know that.
Anon, we never saw any of them and they're all old and tired now. "It could happen off screen" is not writing and it isn't story telling, it's bullshit. They made them miss out. There is no reason for them to show pinkie's kid but not the others, assuming they had some.
>>
>>34281866
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/34196514/#34264305
>>
>>34281866
That how much thught they put into aging the ponies

>indistinguishable, except gray hair, unkempt hair and bags under eyes, no husbands, no kids outside pinkie because that would require thought.

They should not have made this epilogue. They didn't give a shit about what they'd be like in the future.

Fuck them
>>
File: 1421930966305.gif (673 KB, 500x500)
673 KB
673 KB GIF
>>34289829
>good with animals, good with kids
I guess those words were actually a curse.
>>
>>34289745
They will experience this. We'll all have foals with our waifus
>>
>>34289829
>There's legit no reason to show Ponk's kid, but not the others
There is no particular reason to show them too, besides why would you take your kids to meet with a princess? Ponk says that she couldn't find a sitter, others probably did.
>>
File: 1415345180525.jpg (133 KB, 1024x691)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>34289897
I want to believe.
>>
>>34289904
Read the cooment I fuckin posted man.
>>34287706

>>34287706

>>34287706
> Second they showed her filly it begged the question as to why we didn't see anyone else's. Not even AJ's when she was on the fucking farm or Rarity's at the boutique...
>>
>>34289959
Same as >>34289910, you can't say for certain they don't have kids, but the writers do a great job of show-not-tell.

There's probably some master word doc or excel sheet on the main Hasbro corporate file share that contains the secrets to the universe with their story conclusions, but getting that is only a dream.
>>
>>34289959
And? Did they show the whole farm? Inside of the boutique? Maybe they are at school or something?
Read the comment I fuckin posted man.
>There is no particular reason to show them too, besides why would you take your kids to meet with a princess? Ponk says that she couldn't find a sitter, others probably did.
>>
Why the fuck are posts being deleted for no reason? We discussing the show. What the fuck happened to this place?
>>
>>34290001
>>There is no particular reason to show them
Why would you not show an important family member from the future in your scene from the future, especially when AJ is singing about the next generation? There's no evidence that they have children at all. They could add anything they wanted, but they chose not to write them with kids. It's that simple.
>>
>>34290022
There is no hard proof that they don't have children or that they do, it's a possibility, just deal with it.
>>
>>34290014
There's a couple ban evaders that keep getting their posts wiped
You see flutterfag cuckspam in other threads? Those idiots.
>>
>>34289897
this
>>
>>34290000
>but getting that is only a dream.
You know we're talking about Hasbro here, right? I wouldn't be surprised if that thing comes to the light eventually. Their tech security doesn't seem to be that apt.
>>
>>34288564
>The basic concept isn't so hard.

Alright then, answer this one: why are you you?
>>
File: ou7etm7td7j31.jpg (142 KB, 1240x916)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>34267680
suffering from various age related illness is what makes you look old
>>
File: 2001359.png (224 KB, 1280x853)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>34289135
immensely
>>
>>34290043
There is no proof that they do. They are children. They or the husbands should at least cameo.

If they wanted to go the ambiguous route they should have NOT had Pinkie seen with her husband and kid.
>>
>>34290001
They don't need to show the entire fucking farm or boutique. The husband and or kid should show up to greet their mother/wife you
idiot.... Jim, is that you?

At school? But pinkie's kid isthere?
>>
>>34289888
The epilogue was just the writer's giving us a final fuck you..

Shit was intentional.
>>
>>34290641
>The husband and or kid should show up to greet their mother/wife you
Too complex writing-concept for the writeràs-this dumbass
>>34290001
>>34289904
>>34289807
>>
The more I think about the more I think DHX ruined the epiligue, not Haber. There's too much disconnect on how long the timeskip should have been. Haber likely wanted Pinkie to be the first to have a kid but DHX made the ponies look like they're in their 50s instead of 35-40. They ruined the big Apple Family by only giving Big Mac one kid and they lazily shat out an insignificant ugly friend group for Luster Dawn when Haber left the possibities open. We as an audience were supposed to still have hope for the mane 6's futures and children, not be dead inside seeing them post menopause with no kids.
>>
There is no proof Fluttershy and discord live together, are in a relationship, or have a child.
There is no proof that pinkie is married and has a child.
>>
>>34290731
>There is no proof that pinkie is married and has a child.

"Lil Cheese" There is proof that she was taking care of Cheese's kid though and then holding like it was her own.
>>
>>34290731
>>34290764
next level delusional.
Big Jim confirmed Lil' Cheese was Pinkie's and Cheese Sandwich's on Twitter.
>>
>>34290637
>should have NOT had Pinkie seen with her husband and kid
What the fuck, c'mon, she didn't find a sitter for a kid, that's why she's with her. By your logic we didn't see a shitload of very important characters, so what? Are they all dead? Or not important anymore for some reason? Of course not. We just didn't see them.
>>
>>34290418
Simply put due to a long chain of events that led through time. Starting from the first biochemical reactions somewhere up to the point where we are now. I am me because the larger circumstances made me to who I am.
>>
>>34290422
Friendship and Rainbow Lasers made them age more quickly than other ponies. Also they all became infertile. Except Pinkie who used some gypsy magic. Twilight got powered up by princesses so she ages not so fast as her friends.
Or maybe Twilight is the cause of all her friends aging that fast, since she is only "young" and grown up from the group - because of involuntary absorbtion of her friends' life force.
>>
>>34290780
He couldn't, he's on NDA.
>>
>>34249990
Someone do this pls
>>
>>34288288
It’s always interesting to me that Fedoralords always associate the beautiful and true with Christianity.
Your bitterness is a choice, you can stop anytime. Go explore a garden or wander a cathedral or museum or something.
>>
>>34290816
It's was regarding the blatant leaks. Cat was out of the bag, he made several commments about the episode. Might've been partially why he closed his Twitter.
>>
File: ezgif-3-d37ec482dd8b.gif (1.88 MB, 377x360)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB GIF
>>34289891
Flutters didn't deserve this
>>
>>34290936
didn't deserve what?
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (14 KB, 300x340)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
What if Lil' Cheese was Ponk's grand daughter, and the rest of the main six are also married with kids, but the kids are all grown up?
>>
>>34291008
Highly unlikely. If the cake twins say anything the time split is around 20 years.
>>
File: 1503546136.jpg (32 KB, 653x490)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>2011 newfag
>Came here because of the dumb PTS videos
>/mlp/ was home board
>Participated in a lot of autistic threads here
>Hated Season 3 and stopped watching the show after
>Haven't been on /mlp/ in years, moved to other boards
But I heard the show finally ended and had to come check up on you guys. How you all doing? How do you feel now that it's over? Someone want to fill me in on any major developments and what they did with my girl Trixie? I don't think I could handle getting invested again.
>>
>>34291269

Trixie became a recurring cast member after she befriended another reformed villain. They got some really neat episodes together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr1mIqrYRKw
>>
File: 1553724748472.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>34291269
Exactly the same anon, ocassionally i came to shitpost here.
Still, the time i invested watching the show i unironicaly remember with much joy, i wish i could go back to watch the show anew, along with all that "brony phenomenon" pmv's, games and projects, all that made me feel so happy.
Trixie is my favorite pony too, i don't think they developed the character any further more than another background pony i think she got some dialogue in eqg
>>
>>34291269
what >>34291302 said. also gif related was a scene that happened
>>
>>34291302
>>34291313
That is cute, I'm glad she at least got the screen time that was owed to her. Loved this blue horse from her first appearance. Anyone feel like giving a rundown of what happened to the mane six so I can get depressed?
>>
File: trixie superedit.gif (103 KB, 500x281)
103 KB
103 KB GIF
>>34291334
her character design changed too, mainly in her eyes, and she stopped speaking in the third person, though she's still somewhat on her high-horse, just more considerate.
>>
>>34291334
>Twilight becomes Purple Celestia after both actual Celestia and Luna fuck off forever
>Rarity stays practically the same, no evidence of a family or significant other shown
>Pinkie has a kid with Cheese Sandwich
>Fluttershy implied to be with Discord
>AJ is slowly transforming into Granny Smith
>Dash turns into a dyke
>AJ and Dash implied to be gay for each other (admittedly the dialogue is very easy to work around but (((Haber's))) intentions are clear)
>all of the mane six look old and worn out apart from Purple Celestia, so much for 'Twilight will not outlive her friends'
>>
>>34291347
>Those last two lines
Isn't that the complete antithesis to everything Faust wanted for the show? Putting aside Rarity getting fucking nothing and Pinkie marrying a joke character, canon Appledash/immortal Twilight might be the worst possible way to end things.
>>
>>34291356
yes. there were several anons wondering if ponk and only ponk having a kid was a deliberate spit in the face of Faust considering how hard it was for her to have a kid
>>
>>34291363
Not sure I'd go that far but having not watched since season 3 I'm not up to speed on all the drama. Would any of the writers have any reason to hold such a grudge against Lauren this far on? You mentioned Haber, is he seething that Lauren denied Dash as a lesbo and blocked him from free pandering points?
>>
File: 1528493171243.gif (903 KB, 242x190)
903 KB
903 KB GIF
I just realised that the last episode timeskips 20-odd years into the future but we don't get to see grown up Flurry Heart, not even in the background.

This finale just gets worse and worse the more you think about it. It's really quite impressive.
>>
>>34291374
I'd just say it's this board being this board. Looking for implications that don't exist to "prove" something they don't like is true.
>>
>>34291398
I just realised that I do not give a singular fuck about Skyla McFlurry and the epilogue is better off without acknowledging her at all (which it, sadly, does)
>>
>>34291398
Flurry is shown as grown up on stained glass window in the castle at the begining. Right after the intro. But that's all.
>>
>>34291398
Why are there are so many scenes of Cpt. Picard facepalming in the ST? Does he has headaches or something?
>>
>>34291420
He had to put up with an unbelievable amount of bullshit over the years.
>>
>>34291420
Well, he's the best 'friend' of DisQord, so what did you expect?
>>
>>34291398
Flurry is shown in the glass stained window grown up and leading the Crystal Empire faggot.

>This finale just gets worse and worse the more you think about it. It's really quite impressive.
It's quite impressive your delusions keep telling you that.
>>
>>34291347
You forgot to mention that Spike hits the gym and becomes dragon Chad while keeping the same voice and personality. Definitely uncanny-valley material.
>>
I have not entered this board in a looong time, but now with the ending, it made me want to put myself up to date, the last episode I remember watching was one where there was a bioschok infinte reference in the background sorry i dont remember the name
so, which episodes are needed to watch plot-wise?

and as a separate note, what ever happened to anonfilly threads?
>>
So here's the status of every major villain at the end of the show.

Nightmare Moon: Redeemed
Discord: Redeemed
Queen Chrysalis: Petrified
King Sombra: Dispelled into the ether... again
Lord Tirek: Petrified
Starlight Glimmer: Redeemed
Pony of Shadows: Redeemed
Storm King: Petrified and Shattered
Tempest Shadow: Redeemed
Chancellor Neighsay: Redeemed
Cozy Glow: Petrified
Grogar: Subverted Expectations

Bonus Round: EQG villains

Sunset Shimmer: Redeemed
The Dazzlings: Not a threat but not reformed
Midnight Sparkle: Redeemed
Principal Cinch: Unknown
Gloriosa Daisy: Redeemed
Juniper Montage: Redeemed
Wallflower Blush: Redeemed
Valencia Vignette: Redeemed

Are you happy with how it turned out? If you could switch the fates of any two villains, would you?
>>
>>34291503
https://youtu.be/swst7QI8YfQ
>>
>>34291503
You should start with Friendship is Magic Part 1&2
>>
>>34291513
The irredeemable villains should have received the Sirens' treatment (de-powerment and humiliation) instead of being basically killed off.
>>
>>34291514
>2013
where has time gone
>>
>>34291513
>Pony of Shadows: Redeemed
Only Stygian got redeemed and he was only the host, the actual entity was banished and sent back to Limbo.
>>
>>34291531
>basically killed off.
Except they aren't dead
>>
>>34291543
The whole deal with Stygian and "the Darkness" he contacted is pretty ambiguous so I just decided to list them as one entry, but yes, I meant Stygian is the one redeemed.
>>
>>34291313
>>34291346
Hey my friend said Trixie got paired with someone and you didn't tell me you fucking assholes, I'm ultra mad now
>>
>>34291503
One of the mods got really triggered by anonfilly, and green fillies are banned now.
The threads moved offsite.
>>
>>34291610
That's because Trixie didn't get paired with anyone.
>>
>>34291617
I'm relatively new here and guess I missed the days of anonfilly/green filly. what was it like?
>>
>>
>>34291634
autistic
>>
>>34291634
Comfy. There were fairly regular greentexts and pictures made there. There were some abusefags that posted, but not as many as some people would have you believe.
As always, someone had to ruin the fun. There's still new stuff being made elsewhere, but not as much as before.
>>
>>34291670
what exactly happened??
>>
>>34291629
Nevermind he thinks Trixie and Glimmer are a thing, but that's not implied from what I'm watching
>>
>>34291672
Shitposters would post bad stuff in the threads. Triggered mod sees this as a good excuse to ban filly entirely instead of actually moderating.
This is speculation of course, since I don't think the mods ever gave an actual reason for banning filly. But based on what I saw in the threads and how individual, non-rule-breaking filly images are still deleted to this day, it make sense.
>>
>>34291679
Yeah, it isn't implied anywhere between those two. I think if the writers were going to pair Starlight with anyone it probably would have been Sunburst anyway.
>>
>>34291705
Startrix if it happened would be A Horse Shoe-In each other day.
>>
>>34291690
I'm curious, though... got an example of some of the better content that came of it, image or green. a link would do so as not to actually post anything here.
>>
>>34291269
I'm the same, Anon, another oldfag who stopped watching around season 3. My favorite is Twilight and it's kind of mindboggling to see her at full-on Alicorn status now.
>>
>>34291806
The thread used to maintain a google doc that linked to pastebins for the greentexts. I don't have a link right now, but you might be able to find it in the archive. Most filly images are on derpibooru under the "oc:filly anon" tag.
>>
>>34290780
That's retarded. Tweets aren't part of Equestria. That doesn't dictate Canon. What happens in the show does.
>>
>>34276229
shadow kinda looks like a skeletal rat or something
>>
File: 1523035523926.png (14 KB, 974x503)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>34291503
Don't watch anything if its after s3, even if you already have, or even S3's last 3/4 episodes.

Not only will it be shit, it may as well be G4.5
>>
>>34291513
The worst thing is considering the context of each villain defeat.
>Discord (S2)
Returned to the status quo of being a statue (later reformed).
>Chrysalis (S2)
Expelled from the area.
>Sombra (S3)
Killed by a side effect of an ancient protective artifact.
>Tirek (S4)
Status quo of imprisonment.
>Pony of Shadows (S7)
Entire conflict is about whether or not he should be reformed.
>Storm King (Movie)
Killed by his own attack backfiring.
>Cozy Glow (S8)
Here's where we see cracks forming with them imprisoning a literal child.
>Sombra (S9)
Evaporated by a direct elements of harmony blast (status quo).
>Cozy, Tirek, Chrysalis
Turned into a statue after being disempowered with the executioners bearing smug faces.

Not a single villain defeat in the show broke the established rules of reformation, return to status quo, or indirect punishment until the the season 9 finale.
>>
File: 1509344402285.jpg (34 KB, 389x416)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>34292376
>look mom i posted it once again i'm le ebin edgy oldfag lol xD
>>
File: 1541892813684.png (21 KB, 612x456)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
/o/ tourist here. now that the show is over is this board going to be absorbed back into /co/?
>>
I haven't seen season 8-9 and hear they're not so good. Are there any prerequisite episodes to the finale or can I watch it and still get the gist of whats going on?
>>
File: 1381154509157.png (1 KB, 192x192)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>34292466
Show is over, but it will be rebooted soon. /mlp/ is here to stay.
>>
>>34292466
Definitely not, we're a fourth the size of /co/. It would be a massive clusterfuck.
Besides, most posters still despise the show and all the mods hate it with every fiber of their soul. This is a containment board, the same as /pol/ is.
>>
>>34292466
There is enough fan-made content to last several years even for those who read and watched as much as physically possible. For the majority it's probably about 5 years. I don't mean years as in 24/7 without breaks for sleep and the like, of course.
>>
>>34292541
You can watch epilogue, but the two parter would be hard to understand until you watch at least S8 premiere, s8 finale and s9 premiere
>>
File: krabs.jpg (83 KB, 378x378)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
The show should have stopped after the movie released, it would have been perfect
>Twilight is just the Princess of Friendship
>No school
>no student shits
>no shitty episodes
>celestia and luna are and still act like regal rulers instead of being a walking joke
>new areas from the movie could be explored in comics, or fanfiction
>characters aren't completley ruined
I fucking hate how the last season and the season before it turned out. it felt like I was watching an alternate universe. How the fuck do people delude themselves into believing that season 8 and 9 aren't canon and continue to enjoy pony or hell how the fuck do Faustfags believe everything after season 3 opening not canon? I'm not joking tell me I want to know how to reach this level of autism.
>>
>>34288929
Lessons learned, Anon - if you prod a huge turd, it smells more.
>>
File: Teaching.jpg (168 KB, 994x657)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>34292888
The trick is in realizing canon doesnt mean shit beyond a baseline for discussions wit other people.
Canon / Prime equestria is fucked, but the sheer multitude of alternate universes available make it easy enough to ignore.
It's still shit and i'm still mad as fuck about the writers, but there's absolutely nothing they or anyone else can do which will take away my own equestria, which provides a nice comfort.
If you want advanced autism try self inserting into canon and trying to fix it internally, i had a fun daydream earlier that ended up full anime mary sue tier fight in discords chaos realm with laser beams and shit because why not.
Cant even remember half the shit i imagined but it was pretty catharctic.
>>
>>34292888
>delude themselves into believing that season 8 and 9 aren't canon
There's a point were even official material becomes so detached from its source that it can easily be considered uncanonical.
Just ask a Trekkie if STD is canon and see what happens.
>>
File: derp.png (1.65 MB, 1920x1080)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>34292888
>how the fuck do Faustfags believe everything after season 3 opening not canon?
Starting from.
I don't know why is this so hard to imagine. Let's pretend that I gave so much money to Hasbro that it exploded (or, more likely, collapsed into a black hole) and thus I obtained rights to the franchise. Next I appoint Autist McRetard as showrunner and equally talented individuals as writers, animators and so on. Would you still consider it the MLP: FiM? The show you fell in love with in S1?
>>
>>34292888
>>34293126
Oh, I forgot to say that I exaggerated to get the point across easier. Unless we apply this to S9.
>>
>>34271182
uhm, this is actually true, as sad as it makes me to admit it.
Does not matter, I still refuse that they kill off one of my most fav character. They basically admit that they have no idea how to resolve Chrysalis ending, because it was clear she would never reform.
In my headcanon--stolen from a fanfic--Chrysalis was secretly in love with Twilight the whole time because of Twi's power and all the attacks against Equestria were part of an old and complex changeling courting ritual to show Twilight that she is mighty enough to be a good mate. Think about what an awesome twist this would've been.
>>
Now that it‘s all over, which one was the worst season in your opinion, 3, 6, 8 or 9?
>>
Does anyone know anything about video editing? I want to establish a workflow to edit the finale to remove all the shitty eye lines that make the mane 6 look like they're in their 50s. I'm willing to put in the work to go frame by frame but I don't know how to extract the frames, preserve the quality, and put them back. Essentially I want to do it in a way that will keep the best possible quality as a base for future edits in case some faggots who know how to animate want to put in two more kids for SugarMac or edit the newspaper to reform the villains.
>>
So, I'm confused.
I haven't posted on this board in ages, but I have still been watching.
Why are people saying rainbow dash and applejack are gay? Did I miss something?
>>
>>34293291
Because they entered the room at the same time.
>>
>>34293291
Finale.
Rainbow and AJ arrive together.
Rainbow helps AJ with chores.
Animators chose to draw AJ more feminine and Rainbow more butch, and that's a common theme for lesbian couples.
>>
>>34293291
They arrive at the same time and bicker about always getting late because AJ is not letting RD help her with chores.

>>34293298
>>34293304
He said appledash, not rarijack.
>>
>>34293291
>>34293313
It's because they canon live together, permanently, into old age. Not standing next to each other. Permanent cohabitation.

The last episode is like the end of Harry Potter where it jumps ahead 20 years.
>>
>>34293314
>>34293313
>>34293317
>>34293327

I'll wait until they make a statement on twitter confirming or denying the pairing. They'll probably confirm it on twitter I'm sure since it's twitter and that's always a good PR move to do that.
>>
>>34291503
Anonfilly threads are exactly where they've always been: >>34234722
>>
>>34293327
Keep believing in fantasies, shipcuck.
>>
>>34291503
>what ever happened to anonfilly threads?
check mlpol
>>
>>34293340
Imagine being a family mare, to the point that in the last song you sing about "passing the magic of friendship down to future generations", and not having any foals of your own because you never married a stallion—because you chose to permanently live with a mare.
>>
>>34293361
Exactly. It's completely OOC for Applejack. Shippers are delusional and sick in the head.
>>
>>34293377
No. The point is that's what you believe happened. It's terrible regardless, but the writers did it with "RD is her wife now" in mind—her family.
>>
>>34293332
Reasonable. The way it is now is not undeniable anyway. Very close friends sometimes move in together after reaching advanced age. But the vibe is pretty clear.
Just headcanon it away if it bothers you, the ending is a travesty.
>>
>>34292777
Got about 2 hours of pain ahead of me tgen
>>
>>34293392
>the ending is a travesty.
The thing that bothers me about the ending is that didn't they mention celestia was ruling equestria without luna for like a thousand years? Or did I mishear that? I can understand how they might want to retire after all that time but do alicorns age at a different rate? Do they age differently? Do they grow differently than other ponies? It brings up a lot of existential questions.
>>
File: 1427356984442.png (111 KB, 360x340)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>34293431
And it's just one aspect of it. Isn't it exciting?
>>
>>34293478
Nope, just dumb.
>>
>>34293478
It's interesting for sure.
>>
>>34293361
>chose
Forced, anon, aj couldn't choose. None of them could. There isn't even an episode or story to point at to say she did have a reason or explanation. It's all so much shit.
>>
>>34293487
I was sarcastically referencing S1E01. I guess I should've made a cap out of the actual episode but whatever.
>>
>>34293361
All of this shit. And I mean all of it is caused by the fucking lines under their eyes that Haber didn't even ask for in the first place. It makes you feel like the mane 6 are nearing their end of their lives and their chances for a happy life and future are over. They married their careers, stopped seeing each other, and let their wombs dry out. Remove the lines and suddenly they're 30 something years old with their whole lives ahead of them. They're all on the cusp of starting a family with their off-screen fiances with Pinkie just having a head start.
>>
>>34293530
>remove eyebags
>make Twilight Cadence-sized
>remove creatures/replace creatures with ponies
I have just fixed the finale
>>
>>34293566
>remove creatures/replace creatures with ponies
Except for the kirin. The kirin can stay.
>>
File: 664395.png (498 KB, 884x525)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>34293332
>I'll wait until they make a statement on twitter confirming or denying the pairing

Look like everyone already delete this from their brains.
Appledash was canon 5 years ago and was totally confirmed in the finale
http://instagram.com/p/p2FhFBGbQ7/?modal=true
>>
>>34293601
nobody expected the kirin
>>
File: silentbutdeadly.png (385 KB, 720x720)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>
>>34293773
> VA instagram post
> canon
>>
>>34293794
same level of canon than a shitty twitter
>>
>>34293801
Writers have some level of credibility for their intentions but tweets doesn't change show canon. what's in the show, or what's in the scripts, is the show canon.
>>
File: Specter_whitebg.png (286 KB, 454x454)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>34293776
>>
>>34293806
+if they don't want to outright say something in the scripts to define the show canon, which would mean that writers (at least partially) agree on what's canon, writer opinions become part of their own headcanons since we can't know if more than that one writer actually thinks something should be canon.
>>
File: 2062577.png (730 KB, 1134x1489)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
>>34293806
>>34293824
Lesbians aunts become canon after the tweet.
the media literally explode only for that twitter and never mention the episode at all.
>>
>>34293530
>And I mean all of it is caused by the fucking lines under their eyes that Haber didn't even ask
True Haber nor the script called for the bags. It made them look like shit. They should've just mde the other mane 5 their mother's ages pre-skip
>>34281866
>>
>>34290953
Growing old without kids.
>>
>>34294027
Who said she'd be without kids? I think that she would be a great mother.
>>
>>34293055
STD doesn't exist. The Orville is the real spiritual Star Trek spinoff.
>>
>>34293181
S9, closely followed by S8. All the other seasons are godlike in comparison.
>>
>>34285714
He stockholmed himself out of pure desperation
>>
>>34293055
Now name examples of that within the same generation. Because we already don't consider other MLP gens canon. It's a moot point here. This analogy doesn't apply.
>>
>>34292888
Like what the fuck is a “friendship school” supposed to accomplish? It was absolutely not needed. “I’m having trouble making friendsss” does not need to cost you an education. They live in a world where colorful ponies aren’t drowning in politics and violence so the only species that it could actually help would be dragons or gryphons and even then it’s just pushing pony culture onto other creatures when no one asked for it. It’s such a cringy concept. Ponies were already living peacefully together and few were ever mean or uncaring
>>
>>34292888
We'd still have shitty episodes, but we'd have a mix.

MLP has such a vast universe and fanfiction going for it, that it should have been obvious to leave everything ambiguous. The fandom wouldn't be having half the shit fit if they didn't release that fucking time skip with no though or creativity put into it.
>>
>>34294401
She's old. Anon. Even pinkie just barely made the cut off.

Also food for thought, pinkie has a filly and was older then her and the other mane 6's parents.

Literally all 6 of the mane 6 parents were younger and the mane 6, and other brothers and sisters were teens.
>>
>>34293181
seasons 8 and 9 are by far the worst seasons, then 6 then 3
>>
>>34293332
We're not likely to get a Twitter post until after the episode airs properly, are we?
>>
>>34293327
I think one of the silliest things about 'revealing' Rainbow Dash as gay in the very last episode is that it makes her interactions with Zephyr Breeze completely nonsensical. Zephyr was chasing after Dash for years and years, so why didn't she at any point shut him down by telling him she's gay?
>>
>>34271377
I don't get them either man. I swear the current comics industry is held up by the supreme success of their films.
>>
>>34294542
I'd point to the simpsons which not only had gone down in quality but because it's supposed to take place in a constant modern time it has to keep changing the backstory of the characters like having homer and marge graduate in the 90's
>>
>>34293218
Anon, this is MLP discussion board, not video editing forum.
>>34293429
Also watch The Perfect Pear, Sounds of Silence and Frienemies. And maybe The Point of No Return and Sparkle's Seven.
And if you are into history, lore and epic adventures, watch S7 Campfire Tales, Daring Done?, A Health of Information, then Uncommon Bond and S7 Finale.
>>
>>34293218
How about you fuck off
>>
>>34293841
They are a cute pair of ponies.
If Scoots had three aunts they would be cute trio of ponies.
And so on.
>>
>>34294601
>DWK:
>Is it my voice? Do I have a gay voice?
>Is it my hair? Do I have a gay hair?
>>
>>34294601
nah. she could have just not realized her preference until later.
>>
>>34284901
>but i've watched the finale like 50 times now
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

> and by doing that i've managed to get rid of a lot of the sadness
So while we've been trying to forget you just decided to desensitize yourself to it.

Interesting strategy.
>>
>>34294542
Scrubs Season 9.
>>
>>34286388
>I don't trust the Japanese
Think of it this way could they really do a worse job than our writers? The answer is no, it's fucking solid. Just read it, you faggot.
>>
>>34293181
from worst to "best"
>Season 9 because it was not only terribly written, but lacked any sort of closure for most of the episodes and had the abysmal animation quality.
>Season 8 because instead of Pillars stories we got the school and dumbed-down main characters like in NCC or The End in Friend.
>Season 3 because of Twilicorn and the Crystal Empire/Crystal ponies/heart/Cadance/Sombra shit that never got properly explained.
>Season 6 because while it had Poochie as the new main character and some terrible episodes it also had some good in the first half and I didn't expect anything special from it anyway.
>>
File: 2089890.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>34286736
I liked them. ;_;
>>
my boss that laid me off was actually a pretty cool guy, I knew he was just doing his job, so no hard feelings or anything.

he gave me the heads up a few weeks prior so I could get another job lined up, and in the morning meetings, he would ask everyone how their work was going and what needed to be handled how.

all I could say was that it was pretty hard to be motivated to do anything beyond the bare minimum, 'cause for me, it ultimately didn't matter other than supporting and helping my coworkers.

I could see the same for MLP season 9. most were probably like "fuck it. there isn't going to be a season 10 or beyond to work for, the quality ultimately doesn't matter as far as the characters and story go. as long as it looks like MLP when you glance at it, and it sounds like MLP when you overhear it, let's just slap some shit together. don't bother keeping up with the lore, save time and hit the bar early."
>>
>>34295052
>desensitize
More like he decided to become a beaten wife.
>>
>>34295072
They would make a good family, if they accepted friendship like they almost did in Frienemies.
>>
>>34295078
>I could see the same for MLP season 9. most were probably like "fuck it. there isn't going to be a season 10 or beyond to work for, the quality ultimately doesn't matter as far as the characters and story go. as long as it looks like MLP when you glance at it, and it sounds like MLP when you overhear it, let's just slap some shit together. don't bother keeping up with the lore, save time and hit the bar early."
There's this thing called "reputation". In the modern world of COINTELPRO, social media campaigns, omnipresent agendas and various #LookAtHowRetardedIAm it has almost become an atavism but if you fuck up really, really badly it's still going to haunt you. Maybe they'll get out scot-free in this case.
>>
So this is how it ends, huh?
>>
>>34295160
Yes, huh.
>>
File: 1518277317424.png (27 KB, 474x474)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>34295059
>Season 9
Coincidence? I think not.
>>
Finally got around watching the episode 24. I think my only issue with it is Discord=Grogar twist. And also Discord's speech after. Everything else was pretty epic.
If anyone gets to "fixing" this episode (I'll try to help) I think the solution with minimal expenses would be that:
>Villain3 depowers Grogar and let him lay in a cave
>Discord uses his Discord Sense when that happens
>Goes to check
>"Oh hi, thanks for the extra magic Mr. Discord! Now GTFO"
>Change the dialogue in the throneroom
>>
File: gollyrock.png (237 KB, 518x418)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>34285207
Cozy has no open mouth and she must scream.
>>
File: twi ate the weed.jpg (102 KB, 623x459)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>34285207

I forgot what happened in the episode where Twilight got petrified by a cockatrice. Did she stay conscious while she was stoned?
>>
>>34295093
Someone in another thread came up with a good idea for a believable redemption arc for them: a double twist where Grogar was Discord the whole time, then later on fucking about with Grogar's bell causes the REAL Grogar to be summoned back from his banishment, forcing the trio and the ponies to work together to defeat him.
>>
File: 2141370.png (618 KB, 1920x1080)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
>>34294601
Silly me for shipping this since Season 1.

Funny how the 2nd time Zephyr Breeze was shown, it was Ashleigh's idea.
>>
Is it safe on mulp yet? Or is it all spoilers still
>>
>>34295632
safe
>>
File: soarindash_07.png (708 KB, 1280x797)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>34295616
>shipping this since Season 1

Brother!

I'm actually writing a Soarindash fic right now because I want to create at least something before the very end.
>>
>>34295616
Mah nigga
>>
>>34295616
Shipping is cancer
>>
>>34295632
it wont be safe until the ep airs bro
and even then don't post in the sticky until youve watched it
>>
>>34295656
I checked fimfic for for first time in years. It seems a lot of dead fics updated this year. Nostalgia is hitting everyone hard
>>
File: rainbow nuke.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1200)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>34295701

I'm hoping Short Skirts & Explosions gets around to updating Austraeoh again.
>>
File: 1484527810710.gif (1.86 MB, 228x170)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
So where's the fucking clip show leak so we can be finally completely done with Haber's humiliation? Please, just end it already. Please.
>>
File: 1490116776474.jpg (16 KB, 500x565)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>34295747
I just read through the scripts and holy fucking shit Rainbow Dash's one is based entirely on the ending of Applejack's Day Off. Haber must really, really fucking hate Rainbow Dash.
>>
>>34196514
>>
File: 2120579.jpg (2.77 MB, 4000x2250)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>34295656
>>34295676
Thank you brothers. Even if it died, I hope its kept alive through pics and fics. I doubt the Wonderbolts will be alive in G5 or they will be in different forms, I'm sure.

>>34295691
Sometimes it can be, yeah.
>>
>>34295895
BigHckintosh please save us from this hell
>>
>>34295895
You mean the part with her at the spa?
Nani the fuck????
>>
File: dash hooficure.gif (1.63 MB, 640x360)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>34295959
Yep. This is an exact quote of something Dash says to Twilight:

>What do you say we do hooficures and get pampered together?

It's a travesty. I didn't think it was possible to butcher Rainbow Dash more than AJ'sDO did but here we are.
>>
>>34295986
>I didn't think it was possible
It is possible even now.
>>
File: scr.png (56 KB, 753x423)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Take that, Appledash fags, team Twidash wins.
>>
>>34295895
>>34295986
What was the problem with Dash's parts though?
That's not even a screencap from AJDO, that's from Ponyville Confidential.
>>
[repost - forgot pic]

is dash just that conflicted and complex of a character? or did the writers just really fuck up with her?

afraid of a hooficure - "doesn't like ponies touching her hooves" (could be faking in front of her friends [actually likes pampered and delux spa treatments in private in later seasons/episodes])

Pinkie says she hates washing -- I really would have liked to have seen that explored more.

but then you have bullshit products like pic related, it better reek of fermented mare sweat and summer breeze.
>>
>>34296045
In virtually every single episode where Dash goes into the spa before AJ'sDO she doesn't take it seriously and turns her nose up at Rarity's insistence on being 'pampered' every time it happens. Then suddenly out of absolutely, literally nowhere Rainbow Dash is shown to actually love, love, love getting pampered at the spa for the sake of a single throwaway gag that wasn't even funny. In fact it was such a throwaway gag that I can't even remember Dash being shown to love the spa in any episodes afterwards.

And the screencap from Ponyville Confidential is to highlight the hypocrisy of having Rainbow Dash suggest going to get hooficures as the only time she's ever previously shown getting anywhere near a hooficure at the spa it turns out she's got a genuine phobia of other ponies touching her hooves. I thought that would be obvious.
>>
>>34296114
Makes sense, too be fair I've purged most of my memories of S6 from my brain.
>>
File: dash spa 2.gif (747 KB, 500x280)
747 KB
747 KB GIF
>>34296109
The writers just fucked up. Her dislike of/apathy towards the spa is incredibly consistent throughout the show with no signs that she enjoys it beyond the fact that she's getting to hang out with her friends while she's there - and on that point I don't think we ever see Rainbow Dash go to the spa entirely of her own volition before Applejack's Day Off. She's always there with other members of the main six and it's generally for some reason beyond merely relaxing and getting pampered.

Dash's "love" of the spa, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. It's not hinted at in the slightest before exploding in full pink-and-frilly force at the end of Applejack's Day Off. It also raises the question of how the rest of the main six had no idea at all, because while Rainbow Dash may keep it a secret from them, she's also apparently perfectly fine with strolling into the spa's lobby and loudly declaring her love of getting pampered to anyone that happens to be in there. At the very least Rarity would have found out through the grapevine as she's shown to both visit the spa regularly and engage in gossip.

Secretly enjoying spa treatments and being too embarrassed about it to tell anyone doesn't sound too out of character for Rainbow Dash -especially given how she reacted to discovering that she actually enjoyed reading Daring Do - but the show takes it too far and handles it beyond awfully. I can see her enjoying massages, relaxing in the springs, etc. but not going full-blown Rarity as she was shown to do.
>>
>>34196514
The main problems are with the episodes before the time skip right?

spoilers

Let's break things down simple and short -

grogar is discord - this is probably the big thing here.

Grogars bell - can give more magic and transform creatures, and take discords power away.
Well i'm sure there could be more detail and explanation or something.

Tirek, chrysalis, and Cozy Glow - Could've been handled differently. (mlp wants villain family?)

The pillars - weren't really good for much, but at least it showed them getting getting nerfed?

The Windigos - ok, why? I guess at least the were brought up, but did they need to be?

The pony races are divided - well ok for me

The power of friendship was inside the whole time - Man this and discord make how many seasons the EXACT same?

Discord turns villains to stone - welp, there goes mlp plans to turn villains into a loving family

Now for the time skip.

Twilight and spike are so big - Man i'll just wait for the fanfics of giant twilight and buff spike going to bed together, if you know what i mean. (family friendly show)

rarity and applejack have no pony? - To be fair they care about their work, apples/clothes
Let's also mention rainbow dash is alone and busy doing wonderbolts.

fluttershy and discord are still a thing - is this a problem? i say it might be only cause discord has chaos magic and lives thousands of years, but aside from those 2 things, i don't see much problem.

Pinkie pie has a kid - ok, i don't see a problem

Twilight has a unicorn student - not a problem for me

Other stuff - do i need to mention other stuff? which other stuff?
>>
>>34296179

This. We need to learn from >>34293014 and realize that the show canon is bad due to bad writers. The last few seasons were on life support as they wrote episodes like non-compete clause just because they had a quota to fill. The only issue is that you either have a horrible baseline for discussion (show canon), or no baseline/conflicting ideas of what the baseline canon should be.
>>
By the way, now we truly know that Rockhoof's sudden maturity wasn't a metaphor - he literally got himself infused with magic.
>>
>>34278849
>literally fictional evidence

>>34279228
Talk is cheap. And what about the EU and fan works?

>>34279229
Is this sarcasm, or are there people who think that the show was ever framed as a book? Is this the latest Mandela effect?

>>34279750
Isn't the 3rd reincarnation (G4) the one that's ending?

>>34280678
>those who think they are older
Age is just a social construct.

>>34280841
Anyone *can* be redeemed. He just doesn't want to be.

>>34281739
>Dash could have kids in Cloudsdale
And just happened to stop at AJ's farm on the way to Canterlot? And refused to leave til AJ's chores were done?

>>34282110
>season_9_episode_25
Did somebody get the number mixed up?

>>34282113 >>34282131
See >>34276480, >>34281662, >>34282110, and/or >>34284921. And if you don't like that, you could always ship him with Twilight.

>>34282294 >>34285773
See >>34278735.

>>34282304
"Shaggy Dog Story"/"Shoot the Shaggy Dog"?

>>34282376
Entropy applies everywhere.

>>34282407
Stealing the magic from who?

>>34282688
Subs?

>>34283230
>they gave a frilly dress to Bonbon and a moustache to Lyre
When was that, again?

>>34283813
>The most hilarious fucking part to me is that they're asking for their waifu to be in their 50s childless and alone.
Show literally one person even pretending to want that.

>>34283935
The worse a place Equestria is, the more your waifu needs you.

>>34284079
>dwk-style
...Not Witchcraft-style, with actual female voices?

>>34284597
>therefore fan porn art is canon

>>34285209
This is advanced denial.

>>34286072
Did you miss the S5 finale, where she ranted about about how "ponies should be equal" and "a cutie mark took my friend away"?

>>34286786
I dunno; how did Celestia run things for a thousand years?

>>34286903
No plans to arrange a once-a-month meeting with your college friends?

>>34286996
Not motherhood.
>>
>>34288357
Good goy. Don't reproduce. Your )))genes((( are cheap and easily replaceable.
>>
Also seeing Bon Bon in a crowd down there in ep 25 we can safely say that Celestia's Secret Agency is no more.
>>
>>34296332
>/pol/
>>
File: 1448160573159.gif (188 KB, 670x473)
188 KB
188 KB GIF
>>34296037
What's happening here?
>>
>>34295072
I can see it
>Gruff but responsible Dad Tirek who only wants the best for Golly but constantly has to put up with her and Chrysalis's bullshit
>Delinquent Mom Chrysalis who has a lot of anger issues and is always getting Golly in trouble by teaching her about all the "bad" stuff that Tirek won't
>Mischievous Child Cozy who is always getting into trouble and acts like she can't stand her parents but deep down really cares about them
>Weird Uncle Sombra who occasionally comes back to life and tries to take over the world, only to die again almost instantly
Why couldn't this happen? The setup was perfect.
>>
>>34296537
Because it would involve the writer's giving a satisfying ending when they wanted to leave the fandom with a big middle finger for calling them out on not even watching the show they were writing on...
>>
>>34196514

I came up with an extremely autistic idea.

Hasbro is a company, probably in the stock market, if enough anons bought shares, a group could be made that represented an important sector of investors that together would have a voice and vote in business decisions. Enough influence to be able to exercise some power over the decisions of the creative team of the mlp series.

If enough anons disbursed from their pockets to buy shares of hasbro the board would have executive power over the series. I know that these types of economic movements are much more complex than what I say here, but for some reason i say that is an autistic idea.
>>
Can anybody please explain this scene. The reasoning behind it really confuses me. Did the Mane 6 choose to surrender and be executed alongside Spike instead of having to witness his suffering? Why would they choose to die as a team and become friendship martyrs, dooming Equestria in the process, instead of keeping up the fight until the end? If it was not for the unicorn shield ex machina, the Mane 6 would have been defeated and killed in the most anticlimactic and stupid way possible. They had absolutely no way to know that help was about to arrive, so they must have made their decision thinking that it would be the end for them, so why choose this pointless sacrifice?
>>
>>34296699
Now that you mentioned I don't get it either. Twi could easily teleported them again.
>>
>>34292376
Updated it for ya fàm
>>
>>34296699
May I add that in the script, they are bound by magical chains, and Twilight's and Rarity's horns are blocked. Otherwise, I would also be questioning the writers for why Twilight didn't just teleport them out of there, which she had done just a few seconds before.
>>
File: 1568150284360.png (16 KB, 1223x563)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>34292376
Course the image didn't attach
>>
>>34296690
Anon.

Just some extremely quick number crunching here. Hasbro's market cap, which represents their total market equity value, is nearly $15 Billion. Yes, that's a B. Looking at their financials, they have about 126,200,000 common shares outstanding. That's what's out on the market available for trading. Currently each share is trading at a price of $117.49. Multiplying the two gives us our market cap.

Think about this. 126.2 MILLION shares. Each one worth over a hundred dollars.

Even if all of us pooled together our measly resources together, we wouldn't even represent a single percentage point in shareholder ownership. We mean nothing.
>>
>>34296690
>>34296721
Just to further drive home the point, if we somehow raised $1 million (which sounds like a lot, right?), it wouldn't even be 1% of 1%.

To gain ownership of 1% of Hasbro, you need 1,262,000 shares. That equates to about $148,272,380at it's current trading price.

To get 1% of 1% of Hasbro ownership (0.01), you need 126,000 shares, which equates to about $14,803,740.

With only $1 million, we could only gain a proportionate equity ownership of about 8,511 shares. We're not influencing Hasbro through the market any time soon, anon.
>>
File: 1415075071702.jpg (77 KB, 1000x670)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>34296721
>>34296749
We need to crash Hasbro's stocks.
>>
>>34296771
The only way to do that is by causing investor panic, either through bad news of the company's future to survive (out of criminality, extremely bad management decisions, or what have you), or casting doubt over their long term sustainability.

A couple of autists on the 4chan /mlp/ imageboard whining about their little girl magical horse show can and never will achieve that. Now somebody like Big Hackintosh, on the other hand, if he could get himself some juicy internal documents...well...
>>
File: cut_tendrils.png (30 KB, 715x422)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>34296715
Was this nothing more than laziness and time crunch from DHX or was it Hasbro censors? Part 1 was pretty violent and the scene just before it has Chrysalis threatening to pull of Spike's wings..
>>
>>34296826
Still the Mane 6 surrender before being bound, so while that explains why Twilight didn't teleport, it still leaves the question open as to why they decided to go down with Spike instead of keeping up the fight.
>>
I wouldn't mind spike having his wings ripped off in the finale, then in the epilogue, he has mechanical wings
>>
>>34296699
can anybody explain the finale it all? it was like some kind of terrible terrible fanfiction that had nothing to do with mlp fim or friendship.
>>
>>34296902
I liked most of the finale, and not really epilogue
>>
>>34296719
KEK
>>
Do we have a date on the anniversary stream yet?

I REALLY need to take time off work for this, thank you.
>>
>>34297001
It should start on October 10th/11th and will last for four or five days of constant pony.
>>
>>34297001
Ask in mlpanni this saturday. Last Saturday iirc they were thinking of going from the Saturday before to the weekend after.
>>
>>34296715
>>34296826
>they are bound by magical chains, and Twilight's and Rarity's horns are blocked
Fuck this, they even ruined a chance for some decent >rape porn.
>>
>>34296715
>>34296826
Season 9 is beyond pathetic
>>
>>34296809

So ... we need someone to get secret documents that compromise hasbro, which causes their value to fall in the stock market and collect an absurd amount among all the anons to buy a significant fraction of the shares.

And then, and only then, we will save the end of the series.
>>
>>34296902
I liked most of the finale except for this terribly handled scene.
My main problems is the epilogue in which Twilight has become a Celestia recolor, Spike has built more muscle than Mr. Clean, and the rest of the Mane 6 have become old decrepit mares, as it features heavy shipping, including confirmation of Cheesepie and Fluttercord, and in which Appledash is implied. Also, I don't like the fact that most of the Mane 6 basically marry their jobs and they don't have much time for each other or to start a family. Even Daniel Ingram was lackluster in the epilogue, with the final song in the show being a rip-off of "Embrace the Magic" from "Legend of Everfree" with different lyrics and a different chorus.
>>
>>34296902
The explanation is simple. They fell in love with the idea of the Grogar twist which set the three villains up to be the final bosses of the show instead. Because they drive the violence, conflict, and action they couldn't be redeemed without it feeling forced. It's just a shit twist and they ended up writing themselves into a corner.
>>34297201
Jim Miller fucked up the timeline by approving the hideous older mane 6 designs. The ponies were never supposed to look like they're 50 years old in the original script. They were supposed to be old enough to change the status quo but still allow you to have hope for the future of their lives. All of the stuff you said about the mane 6 marrying their jobs and not starting families becomes completely moot if the ponies were around 30 years old instead. You could easily suspend your disbelief and believe the ponies have off screen boyfriends/fiance/husbands and just haven't had kids yet.
>>
>>34296719
ACCURATE
>>
>>34296719
>implying Season 2 or 3 were good
>implying they were better than 4, 5, and 7
>>
File: oizdr89yl9m21.jpg (80 KB, 1124x561)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>34296699
Same reason Discord brought together the 4 villains. Reviving one, and releasing two from Tartarus. Teleporting Sombra into the Crystal empire, getting the Tree of Harmony destroyed, hooking the other three up with a powerful artifact weapon, getting his powers drained and had the mane 6 lost like they should've, would've been responsible for the total destruction of Equestia only to not be punished remotely.

Because it's terrible fucking writing, anon.
>>
File: thumb.gif (606 KB, 250x141)
606 KB
606 KB GIF
>>34297410
Still had letters to Celestia, morals, tame memefaces besides Lesson Zero, plots that made sense, writers that knew the ponies, natural cute moments, Tree Library and no princess Twilight.

Not implying shit.
>>
>>34297478
I never thought about how much Discord fucked both sides over so hard. He's literally the reason Cozy, Tirek and Chryssi are petrified now...
>>
>>34297878
PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
>>
>>34287161
>Twilight and Rariry helps AJ with her daily idiotic chores.
On one occasion. Because of a specific problem that was resolved at the end of the episode. And they didn't call them "the" chores, let alone pet her on the head afterwards.

>>34288173
Fast & Furious?

>>34289068
Because symmetry/closing the circle/something. Ask someone who liked it. For all I know, >>34258680 is right.

>>34289886
*https://desuarchive.org/mlp/chunk/34196514/500/21/#34264305

>>34290790
You do realize that the writers control what happens in the show, right?

>>34291269
Am I the only one who remembers that this board wasn't created til 2012?

>>34291531
>irredeemable
*dismissed as not worth trying to redeem

>>34291705 >>34291679
(see >>34265143)

>>34293014
>The trick is in realizing canon doesnt mean shit beyond a baseline for discussions wit other people.
It's also a baseline for fan works. No matter how bad certain parts of canon are, fan creators, even the best ones, will inevitably use it as a starting point. Creators will familiarize themselves with it because they know it's the context their works will be seen in; and consumers will familiarize themselves with it because they know it's the context fan works are created in. We can't just erase common knowledge by collective willpower.

Since 2012, when discussing the character of Princess Celestia, it's been necessary to at some point address her handling of Chrysalis. From now on, it's also going to be necessary to address her petrifying the villain trio. You could speculate about what Faust originally intended for her; but then you're not talking about the fictional character portrayed in a particular 9-season cartoon series, but about a real person in the real world.

(Or what >>34296206 says.)

>>34293055
It's not nearly detached enough for that, though. A better comparison would be to ask them if season 3 is canon.

>>34293126 >>34293147
What we "consider" doesn't determine reality; not even social reality.
>>
>>34294692
Counterpoint: The Simpsons is a pure comedy. It was never supposed to have lore, worldbuilding or basic continuity between seasons. Do people even make narrative-based fan works of it?

>>34296690
The best you can do is find and incentivize works that share the good qualities of the good parts of MLP. I suggest Them's Fightin' Herds and DC Super Hero Girls to start with (if you're not already supporting them).
>>
Everyone hates discord after the finale so what do you guys think of that scene?
Do they really live together, why or why not?
>>
>>34292888
>>celestia and luna are and still act like regal rulers instead of being a walking joke
Are we talking about the same movie?
>>
>>34298082
One can only speculate.
>>
>>34298107
>Human
>Races
>Shit
>Thot mentality
>Stupid reasoning
>Headcanon
9th circle of hell in that image you got there anon
>>
>>34298107
>Nigger RD
Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>34298127
At least that fits since she's dumb and athletic
The true garbage is when they niggerize Rarity or Twilight
>>
File: 1560935633434.jpg (210 KB, 402x1240)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>34298127
What's wrong anon? Afraid of a little chocolate?
>>
>>34298127
>>34298164
She looks more like a spic, if anything.
>>
>>34292888
>The show should have stopped after s03e12
ftfy
>>
>>34298072
Their certainly is world building/character development.
Lisa became a vegetarian and has continued being one indefinitely.
She always went to being the voice of reason to a libtard SJW who's always right.
>>
File: tenor.gif (746 KB, 220x226)
746 KB
746 KB GIF
>>34298141
My trigger is when they turn Flutters into a Muslim.
>>
File: 1451799931970.jpg (861 KB, 790x765)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
>>34276418
>Discord's douchebaggery finally backfired on him
>>
>>34276418
I love how they continued developing the 3 villains and redeemed them in an organic way.

I also love how they left the ending ambiguous. No timeskip bullshit. We're free to make our own ending on their adventures, where they'll end up, who they'll marry, which ones will have kids, etc etc etc
>>
>>34276436
woosh
>>
File: judgement.jpg (54 KB, 658x524)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>34297410
Yes in fact, they were.
>>
>>34298393
God twifags are pathetic.
>>
File: 1565887984303.jpg (409 KB, 2303x2083)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>34298381
AHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>34296719
based
>>
File: Untitleddf.png (1.24 MB, 1100x784)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>34298397
They are, but not for the reasons you might think.
>>
>>34298416
>stop loving your waifu because she has two extra body parts and she moved to a different building
They were always more pathetic than spikefags.
>>
>>34298419
I dunno anon, spikefags were undoubtedly the worst a couple of years ago
>>
https://derpibooru.org/2142020
>>
>>34298393
>"(thing I don't like) is in it so it's insta-bad"
Imagine having such a high degree of autism that you are incapable of thinking objectively
>>
>>34298381
OOF
>>
>>34298381
don't you like how they subverted expectations though?
>>
>>34298346
this
>>
>>34282131
Gabby
>>
>>34298082
They don't. Because it was never said by the characters, or implied by them. There was only situational implications which mean nothing when compared to actual character dialog. They never refer to themselves as more than friends, special somepony, bf/gf, etc. They've only ever referred to each other friends throughout the ENTIRE show. They also never even mention the sanctuary or her cottage. If it was really gone she definitely would have said something about. Situational implications can be dismissed. Mistakes, bad writing, no continuity,
>>
>>34296330
>>34298062

comments everyone except for my big long giant post.
I don't have tears in my eyes....
>>34296188
maybe people weren't ready for the spoilers?
>>
>>34296719
>rating season 4 lower than season 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9
>rating season 7 lower than season 3, 5, 6, 8 or 9
Seethe more
>>
>>34296690
>>34296721
>>34296749
>>34296809
guys... we're going about this all wrong.

what we need to do is pool our money together and combined with a kickstarter or gofundme or whatever, just flat out buy MLP from hasbro.

Then we can contract DHX to produce replacement episodes, and get Pixar to do the CG shorts and movie.

Cancel G5, and just make spinoff serieses from background ponies, Starlight's alternate timelines, and OCs.
>>
If you think about it, no villain ever was able to defeat Friendship. Until the very end.

The writers did something that no villain could do before. They annihilated Friendship when they got the ponies to celebrate the execution of a child that no one tried to help or even understand. They made the power of ruling a country more important than her friends for Twilight. All the villains tried to take over Equestria, but at the end of the day, the only people who ever managed to destroy the Magic of Friendship were the writers.
Josh Haber, Nicole Dubuc, and Mike Vogel were the ultimate villains. And they won.
>>
File: Grogar_ID_S9E1.png (585 KB, 850x880)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
>>34298904
>If you think about it, no villain ever was able to defeat Friendship. Until the very end.
it was because THEY WORKED TOGETHER!
>>
>>34298911
even Discord had the right idea in the very beginning, season 2 episodes 1 and 2. he separated the ponies and "attacked them" individually to break them first.
>>
>>34298911

What gets me is that they really set the villains up for reformation where they slowly learn the value of teamwork and through that friendship, but nope, was just Discord 'avin a giggle.

This was the least cathartic end to a saga ever. Fuck whoever thought up this garbage.
>>
File: 1562246262357573.png (135 KB, 800x522)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>34298101
>>
>>34298916
No. The writer had the little girl mentality. He's a chaos demon so they made him deal with them in some way they thought was cool. It was actually lazy and boring as if it were a little babies nightmare.
>>
>>34298425
Autism_rage,avi
>>
>>34284265
trixie can learn magic,obviously
>>
File: 1565295002916.gif (647 KB, 200x235)
647 KB
647 KB GIF
>>34298942
>villains are shown to very, very nearly learn the value of friendship all by themselves in Frenemies and go from hating each other to becoming genuine we're-not-friends-we-swear
>"Together forever, I can't think of anything they'd hate more!"

I'm starting to think that the writers fucked it up on purpose. There's no way they can be that oblivious of what's happening in their own goddamn writing.
>>
File: 221741.jpg (70 KB, 437x842)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
what the hell happened?
I want my S9 megasunbooty
>>
File: 2076995.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>34299243
Plot progression is kill
We now have meme faces instead
>>
>>34298904
>Josh Haber, Nicole Dubuc, and Mike Vogel were the ultimate villains
You only noticed this now?
>>
File: 1564938162701.jpg (824 KB, 1920x1080)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
>>34298942
It sucks because they had such a great setup too.

Oh boy! They brought back 4 great villains and Grogar for the finale season? This is gonna be amazing! I can't wait to see these 4 interact with and learn from each othe-
>Sombra immediately dies again in the premiere
Oh. Well that's a bummer but at least the other three have neat chemistry. And Grogar is shaping up to be a threatening final boss so that's-
>Turns out Grogar wasn't even real, it was just Discord being a shitter again
Well that sucks, but at least the other three will surely have a satisfying ending after all the build up and growth they had this season. Right?
>After being depowered they get stoned by the guy who manipulated them in the first place

How do you screw up this badly? They had everything in place for a great send off, and they somehow managed to make every wrong decision.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
I didn't had expectations and still got disappointed overall. I don't know what to feel. The show and ponies meant a lot to me.

I knew it will be weird that it's all ending, but ending it like this made the hole a little bit worse.
>>
>>34299597
is there any particular context for your pic? it almost looks like a screenshot from the show until you start looking at the details closer.

worth a thousand words... her trailer's smashed up, her cape ripped. she's sad as she stares into a broken image of herself. ...Trixie, what happened?
>>
>>34299628
Not that I know of. Reverse image search doesn't bring up much beside YouTube tributes to Trixie.

And I agree, I am at least glad good old Trixie got it better in the end. I can relate to her, even if the ride was over for me for a while, still it was a sort of home.
>>
>>34296037

Where does that script come from?
>>
>>34299597
>>34299628
>>34299647
https://www.deviantart.com/theparagon/art/In-Ruins-270144075
>>
>>34299715
Deviantart got all black and stuff. This is uncanny.
>>
>>34296037
>>34299709
I'd like to know this too. I have scripts and have been trying to follow along with some of the episodes, but have noticed a lot of changes and dialog that was cut (probably for time and cost of animation, mostly) or re-arranged.

it would have been cool if all the storyboards and raw dialog were leaked too, and someone re-cut all the episodes to include the deleted scenes with them.

that archive was missing the rainbow road-trip script and the movie script. were those available anywhere?
>>
File: 926.png (62 KB, 626x600)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
One thing I noticed is the insane production time for a single episode.
For example, The Last Problem will regularly air on October 12, 2019, but the premise was written April 12, 2018.
That's one and a half years total compared to the 6 months it takes for a Simpson episode or 1 week for a South Park one.
Now I imagine this doesn't make the production process easier and it especially hindered anyone involved to react to fan feedback even if they wanted to because it came with such a delay.
>>
>>34299709
>>34299761
It's from CS4.
>>
>tfw stopped watching after S4
Could I get a quick rundown on what happened in the last episode? I can't make sense of it from this thread
>>
>>34299772
ok, so we haven't seen it yet, then. right?
>>
>>34299761
That those two were missing is quite interesting because they were the only ones that were animated in Toon Boom Harmony instead of Adobe Flash. My best guess would be that the leak occured from the FIM team at DHX, so they wouldn't have had access to those scripts.
>>
>>34299780
Chrysalis and Tirek, along with another big bad, very nearly learn the true value of friendship, but everything is ripped out from under them because Discord manipulated them into being (more) evil (with his help), then condemned them for being evil, convinced ponies to condemn them for being evil, and punished them for being evil. They don't get redeemed when it literally makes no sense to do as they did unless ponies don't actually believe in friendship for anything more that it's usefulness.
Epilogue is a bunch of gay shit to pander to gays and those who for some reason demand to know what happens after the story ends. Equestria gets the 'Social decay' bad end but don't know it yet.
>>
>>34299784
We haven't. I would have expected them to air in the lead up to the finale, but they weren't mentioned in Discovery Family's press release about the programming around it, which even includes a behind the scenes look at the development of FIM featuring Lauren Faust.
>>
File: script.png (325 KB, 883x1176)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>34299761
>>34299794
>>
>>34299828
So the script was locked less than 2 months before the release of the movie?
>>
>>34299835
It's either the fucked up american date notation and should really mean 17.8.2015, or something went very wrong in production.
I'm sure some anons already compared the script with the finished movie to spot any differences, that would be helpful now.
Interestingly this script has the final opening and not the outtake one, compared to some episode scripts we got.
>>
>>34299851
from what I understand, this went through several versions and re-writes anyway. like what they started out with was totally different.

and somewhere along there Tempest was related to Celestia at some point.

but I never take the time to verify anything, so I could be totally wrong.
>>
>>34299861
>and somewhere along there Tempest was related to Celestia at some point.
I thought Storm King and Tempest were one male alicorn related to Luna and Celestia before being split into the two aforementioned creatures.
>>
>>34299835
This movie script that was leaked in 2017 was the final shooting script. It includes all changes that were made in the editing process, and its text is completely identical to the released version of the movie.
>>
The ending was basically about a group of characters leaving nothing behind of themselves and the writer betraying their established personalities for a mishmash of political wish fulfilment and a bad attempt at constituting wrapping up the narrative bag with open endlessness.

When the new characters were waved off it was not a bittersweet moment of passing on the calling by the old cast but the writers making sure to bury the old cast as quickly as possible.

I want to claim that all of the main six characters are confirmed to be nothing more than their elements, the heroes, the important ones and that mundane tasks shown in the show were simply there to excuse them doing fantastic things. All that character growth was basically ignored in the ending to teach their replacement the value of friendship and to make the point that the mane six characters are dead ends, symbolized by not only the setting sun but by progressing quickly to nighttime. We also have more obvious facts of their dead-end status.

They are all childless. Nothing is confirmed about the occasional foals' relationships We see relationships being strongly hinted at but some of them are either ships to make the SJW-crowd happy, or even the writer themselves, most relationships are shown without any resulting new generation.

Somehow, the fact that AJ, in her own ending scene, is not seen surrounded by her own foals is more insulting than Rarity hinted as being a spinster who worked herself passed the wall and kept going. Rarity missed her chance to find her special one and all she has left are material luxuries and social gatherings to kill boredom till she dies, but that pales in comparison to how deeply AJ betrayed herself.

At least one of the most depressing fancanons confirmed: Twilight will outlive her friends.

Haven't seen this show for years but I decided to view the last episodes and I wish I never did.
>>
>>34300596
>They are all childless.
keep telling yourself that
>>
File: indistinguishable.png (25 KB, 739x336)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>34300596
Great post anon but it essentially falls on deaf ears since the Haber never intended you to believe their wombs were dried up. It's just the animators and character designers being plain retarded. Making them look over 50 years old makes everything you said 100% true, but if they were depicted as an ambiguous range from 30-40 we could assume Pinkie was the first to have a kid and they all have off-screen fiances.
>>
File: das.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
So what do you fucking losers plan to do now that your boring, unoriginal, slop is being finished?

Kill yourself?
>>
>>34298346 >>34298536
Character development isn't world building. Main characters in shows like The Simpsons don't "develop" in the sense that characters in shows with continuity and arcs do. Their characters can change and evolve, but almost entirely out-of-universe rather than in.

>Don't worry, Bart. It seems like every week something odd happens to the Simpsons. My advice is to ride it out, make the occasional smart-alec quip, and by next week we'll be back to where we started from, ready for another wacky adventure.

>>34298643
I don't understand the point of your post, or who it's directed to. It looks like you're asking specific questions of OP? I'm not sure they're even still there.

>>34298963
Congratulations. You're so edgy and mature that you're not scared by a little girls' cartoon.

>>34293530 >>34297333 >>34300801
I'm unsure. Li'l Cheese being "CMC-sized" implies a pretty big head start. Appledash and Discoshy would seem to rule out offspring for those three ponies. The Cake twins are described as "all grown up". There's no mention of wedding or engagement rings for Rarity or Twilight. And even just a "shock of gray" implies that she's pretty old to be just starting a family.
>>
>>34300927
I'm going to start acting like a winner, and go around to different boards insulting people for caring about those boards' topics.
>>
>>34300927
Whatever it is I hope it’s not jumping into boards I don’t like to post really weak bait
>>
File: 1555777133618.png (225 KB, 590x485)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>34300927
Read my 900+ fanfiction backlog
>>
>>34301224
Quick rundown on where and how to find "good" fanfiction?
>>
>>34301338
Don’t look at the popular ones
Example:
>My Little Dashie
>Cupcakes
>Rainbow Factory
Straight into the trash. Go for slice of life if you want keep the feel of the show, or ones that create backstories for BG ponies are always fun.
Another good idea is look for alternate endings ones, there’s tons for MMC for example.
Then once you get bored you can probably just delve into a verse that you like. Personally never had an issue myself with the Fallout Equestria universe even though it doesn’t fit MLP, some of the side stories are decent.
>>
>>34301338
I’ll also give you a link to a good one to start
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/20685/sunny-skies-all-day-long
>>
>>34301338
I'm not >>34301224, but that sounds like a question for >>34261757.
>>
>>34301459
My Little Dashie was still pretty good, but yea Cupcakes and Rainbow Factor are overrated and poorly written.
>>
File: twilight_at_computer.png (138 KB, 400x400)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>34301498
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/385770/equestria-485000

I ran into this fantastic piece of work a few months ago and it saddens me that it only has like 700 views, so I'm shamelessly whoring this whenever I can.

One of the best ponyfics I've read in a long time.

Fuck a 20 year timeskip. Skip 485000 years and have Twilight be on a desperate search for a cure for a disease threatening to wipe out the pony race by going back to Equestria, the forbidden home planet.
>>
>>34300801
Ehh. 30-40s Rarity doesn't strike me as the type to not dye that grey and make sure her hair is fuck perfect.
>>
>>34300801
I agree. I have no idea what Jim and his crew were thinking with the designs they made. If they hadn't aged like milk, I would have just assumed that they were still in time to form a family. But as it stands, I feel like they played the characters dirty,specially Applejack, who according to Hasbro's website had as her main aspiration to pass the farm down to her foals, and Rarity, who devoted her life completely to her job and never had time for herself.
It is also worth noting that the script only says that Spike is an adult dragon, so we can assume that making it this parody of himself we see in the epilogue was entirely DHX's idea.
>>
File: Twilake.png (890 KB, 1280x720)
890 KB
890 KB PNG
>>34300627
>They have children
Keep telling yourself that.

>>34300801
The only character I can claim I made a contradictive point about being a dead-end is Pinkie Pie. However, that sentence about how hard it is to find a sitter with a sense of humour is ambiguous and does not prove she is a parent.

Whether it is due to the failure of the designers or Haber pushing his own ideas on how the character's progressed it is rather interesting that any depiction of them having foals is outright missing or when a foal is shown the relationship is left to interpretations.

They thought, it seems, that having an open-ended interpretation of the future versions of the mane six, allowing all fans to have their own view of how their story ends validated, to a point, leaves the story with nothing concluded except some of the most depressing conclusions like the fact that Twilight will outlive her friends.
>>
G-guys the script links died anyone got another one to the finale?
>>
I am still mad
>>
File: 1450655659026.png (158 KB, 500x491)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>34301835
I just binged like 10 chapters of this, and am having to force myself to go to bed.
After reading this stuff, I'm getting some weird nostalgic feelings for when I was a kid and I'd continuously check out scifi novels from the library. I'll look forward to reading the rest of this story. Thanks for sharing, anon.
>>
File: cope.png (95 KB, 500x500)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>34302242
>>
>>34301338
This guy >>34285217 says there's a place on FIMFiction, but unfortunately no one in this thread is linking to it.
>>
File: 133949364492.gif (875 KB, 400x225)
875 KB
875 KB GIF
How to survive without poners?
>>
>>34302546
Make more ponies.
>>
>>34302561
Ponies are over.
>>
>>34302567
Ponies are revo.
>>
>>34302571
Ponies aren't
>>
>>34302601
How do you know?
>>
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/my-little-pony-end-supersized-primetime-finale-1238998

Looks like the behind the scenes thing will be about the recording of Haber's clip shows
>>
>>34302632
Do we have any announcement about when the clip shows are airing?
>>
>>34302662
Anon who read the scripts said they're set before the finale so probably somewhere in early October. Someone will leak/air them early anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>34302632
There's something incredibly humiliating about this.
FiM was an internet phenomenon, it's ending, so it's time to talk about it and the people behind it. Never mind that all the current people behind it now hate the characters, the fandom, and everything related to the show. Never mind that the show hasn't been a phenomenon for years anymore because it's been bleeding since people who couldn't care less about it started assassinating it. Never mind that for the last years it wasn't even "My Little Pony" anymore, it was only "My Little OC." Never mind that a finale about indifference, revenge and a princess exchanging her friends for the ultimate power of ruling a country is the absolute fucking opposite to a series that started with compassion, forgiveness, and a pony realizing that nothing in Equestria is more important than Friendship.

I hate the finale with all my soul, but the very idea of seeing the pieces of shit who destroyed this show will get their five minutes of fame to pretend that they were related to the success of the show is even more outrageous. I didn't think about this, I can't believe we still have to endure at least another month of hypocrisy before these fucking leeches will finally let it go.
>>
>>34274171
>still no sunset shitter
lmoa
>>
>>34298942
I reckon they did it because "subverting expectations" was the cool thing.
>>
>>34302383
I searched for "fix" within groups on FIMFiction, and I found t