[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: rise.jpg (79 KB, 1024x640)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Catch up here:
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33544603/#33544603
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33594950/
>>
You stand there for a moment, unsure of what to do.
"I'll... I'll have quick talk with her if she let's me," You tell Apollinaire, "Are you going to stick around? Because if you aren't, could you hang out with my dad? Maybe explain what is happen as well? I don't want him to think that I've just abandoned him by taking too long."
"I can do that." He nods.
Apollinaire leaves as you shift around on your hooves in front of Ruby's door. After you have managed to gather your courage you raise a hoof and knock.
"Hey, may I come in?" You ask.
You hear a small commotion from behind the door.
"...Y-Yeah!" Ruby stammers out.

What do you do?
>>
>>33849314
Take a deep breath and reluctantly open the door and go in.
>>
>>33849314
Do our best to compose ourself and then enter, taking a quick look around her room for (probably) the first time before focusing on Ruby. "Hey. Are you feeling any better? Sorry, dumb question, but I felt I had to ask."

Should we put on a smile? I want to suggest it, and we'd probably want to reassure her a bit, but it seems a little disingenuous and weird if we walked in with a huge smile. Maybe a soft one, so she knows we're at least happy to see her.

Would we be able to smell her heat? It's only just started, and we are technically different species, but her room is probably enclosed. I don't know, probably not relevant.
>>
>>33849398
>>33849480
You take a deep breath, trying to compose yourself, before entering with a small smile.
Her room was better than yours, at least in decor as all of your rooms were made the same. It was pretty obvious that she has furnished it better than you had with your room.
Your focus turns to Ruby who was on her bed, having wrapped herself up in her blankets in an effort to hide herself.
"Hey, are you feeling any better," You ask, "Sorry, dumb question, but I felt I had to ask."
"...A little," She nods, "...I'm, uh, sorry about what happened. I didn't mean for it to happen."

What do you do?
>>
>>33849559
Approach slowly, stopping if she shys away or gives any indication she doesn't want us near her.
"For what? Going in to heat? You can't help that, and shouldn't apologize for it. Can't really help your feelings either. I'll admit I'm confused on what to do, and how to handle this, but no matter what, I want to see you be happy, and help you however I can."

For some reason, I feel like she's apologizing for something specific that I've forgotten.
>>
>>33849559
Sit next to her. "It's okay and there's no need to apologize."

>>33849726
This
>>
>>33849726
>>33849739
You slowly approach her, sitting down next to her.
"For what," You ask, "Going into heat? You can't help that, and shouldn't apologize for it. Can't really help your feelings either. I'll admit I'm confused on what do do, and how to handle this, but no matter what, I want to see you be happy, and help you however I can."
She looks up and gives you a little smile, a blush still on her face as she dares herself to wiggle a tiny bit closer.
"Thanks," She smiles up at you, "...Uh, this usually doesn't happen this early."

What do you do?
>>
>>33849860
Smile in return, and offer her a hoof so that we can take hers and hold/pat it for comfort and reassurance.
Nod in understanding. "I don't exactly have much experience with heat myself, but keeping track of when it typically happens sounds like the smart thing to do. The body is a strange thing, and there could be any number of reasons that this happened when it did, so trying to find an exact cause might not be possible. For now, just make note of when it happened for the future, and talk to someone about it if you're worried. Preferably a doctor, if you want an actual medical opinion. Are you otherwise comfortable?"
>>
>>33849938
You smile in return, offering her a hoof so that you could take her's. After a moment she connects her hoof with yours, allowing you to hold it.
"I don't exactly have much experience with heat myself," You say, "But, keeping track of when it happens sounds like the smart thing to do. The body is a strange thing and there could be any number of reasons that this happened when it did, so trying to find an exact cause might not be possible. For now, just make note of when it happened for the future, and talk to someone about it when you're worried. Preferably a doctor if you want an actual medical opinion. Are you otherwise comfortable?"
"Yeah," She nods, "I'm comfortable, well, as comfortable as I can be. You're lucky you don't have to deal with this."

What do you do?
>>
>>33850102
"I guess I am a bit fortunate to not have to deal with this, at least not directly. I've heard a horror story or two about does in heat. But that's not to say bucks don't have their own problems. If we let our thoughts wander too much, or see a little too much fur, especially during puberty, walking can become a difficult, embarrassing, and possibly even painful experience. And don't get me started on mornings. Sometimes I'm glad I have a long tail. Sorry, you probably didn't need to hear about that, but the point is, we've just gotta deal with these things, or adapt and fund or make something to help us deal with them.
I just wish I could help you carry this burden, or at least ease it a bit for you, even if it was a small amount."
Give her hoof a gentle squeeze.

Not sure about the stuff relating to bucks. The wording isn't explicit, but it's still subject matter that she's probably not entirely comfortable with.
Also, if it's too long, don't be afraid to cut stuff.
>>
>>33850102
Yeah, I guess perks of being male.
>>
>>33850250
>>33850361
"Yeah, I guess perks of being male," You say, "I've heard a horror story or two about does in heat, but that's not to say bucks don't have their own problems. If we let our thoughts wonder too much, or see a little too much fur, especially during puberty, walking can become a difficult, and embarrassing experience. And don't get me started on mornings. Sometimes I'm glad I have a long tail."
Ruby blushes a little harder.
"Sorry, you probably didn't need to hear about that," You apologize, "But the point is, we've just gotta deal with these things or adapt something to help us deal with them. I just wish I could help you carry this burden, or at least ease it a bit for you, even if it was a small amount."
You give her hoof a gentle squeeze, watching as she blushes harder and her breath starts coming out a little quicker.

What do you do?
>>
>>33850424
Seeing her reaction, look at her with concern, and start to blush a bit in embarrassment. Hold her hoof between both of ours, being delicate with it, so to avoid exciting her, but also caring in how we hold it (if that makes any sense).
"I'm sorry, I'm just making this more difficult for you, aren't I. I could go if you want. Not that I want to, but I don't want to add to your suffering either. Just... interrupt me if I'm making you... uncomfortable, ok? We can talk about anything you want."
>>
>>33850424
Ruby? Am I making you uncomfortable? I can go if you want to.
>>
So, what exactly is the plan here? Because if this is going where I think it is I'm not sure if that's the best idea.
>>
>>33850612
Honestly I don't know. I'm just trying to go with the flow and avoid incest for once but still trying to maintain the caring brother thing going on.
>>
>>33850612
I'm for incest, but I can certainly get that it's over done in Pluto quests. Otherwise, I'm in the same boat as other anon, going with the flow but trying to be a caring brother.
>>
>>33850519
>>33850528
You look at her with concern as you blush a bit in embarrassment. You still hold her hoof between yours, but being delicate with it to avoid exciting her.
"I'm sorry," You apologize, "I'm just making this more difficult for you, aren't I? I can go if you want. Not that I want to, but I don't want to add to your suffering either."
"N-No," She stammers, "It's fine! Just... be careful for now, please."
She stares at your hoof for a moment before pulling her's away, stuffing it under her body as she tries to get herself under control.
"We can talk about anything you want." You tell her.
"...Uh, did you... ever have a love interest," She asks, "I couldn't think of anything else, sorry."

What do you do?
>>
>>33850654
>>33850674
Caring is fine. I'll be honest I don't have any major opinions on incest positive or negative but it is quite common.
The biggest reason I don't want this to go there right now is because I really like the caring brother thing we've got going on and I don't want to change that at least for now because it's kind of awesome.
>>
>>33850710
No not really, I've seen a few pretty doe's like a maid or two or when I've gone into the city but I've not really had anyone I've had interest in like that.
How about you?
>>
>>33850710
"Mom tried very hard to make our childhoods normal, but there is a limit to how much she could do. When I went to school, I could mingle a bit, and I did develop a crush or two, but I didn't have the courage to act on them. I think there was a teacher I had the hots for once. Anyway, that's not relevant. As I grew up, people started to recognize me more and look at me differently, until I could no longer go out and just socialize. People wouldn't talk to me like a person anymore, they would either avoid me or they would want something. So I spent a lot of time here, with family, studying, or exercising."

Gotta sleep. Night, Pluto! Night, Anons!

>>33850776
Yeah, the current status quo is nice.
As the for incest anon, I wasn't going to push for anything at the moment, though I do think we should help her explore her feelings at some point in the future.
I am tempted to push her buttons a bit, but it's just not at all in character, or appropriate right now.
>>
>>33850790
>>33850815
"No not really," You shake your head, "Mom tried very hard to make our childhoods normal, but there is a limit to how much she could do. When I went to school I could mingle a bit, and I did develop a crush or two, but I didn't have the courage to act on them. As I grew up people started to recognize me more and look at me differently, until I could no longer go out and just socialize. People wouldn't talk to me like a person anymore, they would either avoid me or they would want something. How about you?"
"Not really," She shrugs, "I've never really found anyone interesting."
The two of you fall into silence for a moment.
"...I sometimes wish I can talk to other people normally," She sighs, "Recent interactions have been trying to get me to marry them so they can climb the social ladder."

What do you do?
>>
>>33850934
The curse of royalty I suppose. Sigh. So did you slap the lights out of that buck?
>>
>>33850934
Why don't you start a rumor that you like outlandish and silly things? At least then when somebuck tries to get you to marry him you can laugh a little.
>>
>>33850996
>>33851203
"The curse of royalty I suppose," You sigh, "Why don't you start a rumor that you like outlandish and silly things? At least then when somebuck tries to get you to marry him you can laugh a little."
"Cause someone will say that it isn't true." She says.
"So did you slap the lights out of that buck?" You ask.
"I wish I could've," She admits; giggling a little, "Though the fallout wouldn't be worth it. Delkii could get away with it, but she's been living with Yaks most of her life."

What do you do?
>>
Stopping for the night.
Have a good night or day!
>>
>>33851218
Depends on who it was, but thank you for not starting a war. If it's any consolation since I've been thrust into the spotlight I'm sure every other noble of some kind with a daughter will try to get me to marry them.
>>
>>33851218
Right, the scandals. I wonder how mom managed it. Also no wonder she always tried to disguise herself and us everytime we would go out to the town.
>>
Bump
>>
>>33851529
>>33851842
"Depends on who it was, but thank you for not starting a war," You joke, "I wonder how mom managed it. No wonder she always tried to disguise herself and us every time we would go out to the town. If it's any consolation since I've been thrust into the spotlight I'm sure every other noble of some kind with a daughter will try to get me to marry them."
"...Has that happened so far?" Ruby asks.

What do you do?
>>
>>33852778
"Not as much as you'd think. They couldn't do much when we were fawns, since mom would keep them at bay, and I'm sure some of them have stupid notions of racial and bloodline purity that made them question whether it's worth it, but now that... (mom died) somethings changed, I've become a juicy target. Gonna have to keep the royal taste testers on their hooves, cause I get the feeling love potions are gonna be flying off the shelves."

Not sure the joke is entirely appropriate, but some it would be good to have some levity right now.
>>
>>33852778
I guess when I'm officially crowned that will start to become frequent.
>>
>>33852820
>>33852909
"Not as much as you think," You say, "They couldn't do much when we were fawns, since mom would keep them at bay, and I'm sure some of them have stupid notions of racial and bloodline purity that made them question whether it's worth it, but now that... somethings changed, I've become a juicy target. I guess when I'm officially crowned that will start to become frequent."
You pause for a moment.
"Gonna have to keep the royal taste testers on their hooves cause I get the feeling love potions are gonna be flying off the shelves."
Ruby giggles a little, which was a nice sound to hear from her.
"...I worry about the racial purity from you," Ruby sighs; calming down from her giggles, "Morning Star is married to Aodh, but that probably did little to change how civilians see it."

What do you do?
>>
>>33852956
"Yeah, it'll be a concern, but Mom wouldn't take their shit laying down, and neither will I. I think the real concern would be if they start questioning the legitimacy of my claim, and if my Dad is really my biological father. The emotional impact if that were to happen could really hurt him, and the throne would then be somewhat up in the air, which could mean a lot of trouble. Might need to get some blood work done, so that we have proof before anyone tries that."

Ivory's mom was a pony, right? That makes it less of a problem, probably.

Speaking of blood, did we inherit anything from our dad genetics wise?
>>
>>33852956
Yeah, but at least we had some great names ponywise here in our family and government like our grandmother, Caiside and Aodh and his family. Though those Celetialists extremists did bogle down things a bit.
>>
>>33853014
>>33853040
"Yeah, it'll be a concern," You agree, "But, mom wouldn't take their shit laying down and neither will I. At least we had some great names ponywise here in our family and government like our grandmother, Caiside, Aodh and his family, and Lucky Bamboo, Though those Celestialist extremists did bog down things a bit."
She nods as you pause for a moment.
"I think the real concern would be if they start questioning the legitimacy of my claim," You say, "And if dad is really my biological father. The emotional impact if that were to happen could really hurt him, and the throne would then be somewhat up in the air, which could mean trouble. Might need to get some blood work done so that we have proof before anyone tries that."
"Who would try to claim the throne though," Ruby asks, "Grandpa didn't have any siblings, I think at least. Mom didn't have any, and you only have sisters."

What do you do?
>>
>>33853161
"People with tenuous connections to it, based on really old family trees or estranged family members. Or idiots. It might not even be a matter of getting on the throne, just having someone who is more favorable or easy to manipulate on it. Or someone could just like causing chaos and civil unrest."
>>
>>33853161
I guess you're right. However had I died of the plague I guess Morning Star would be the next in line or Winter Rose. And I guess if the populace was not happy with me they would rather have either of them in charge.
>>
>>33853220
>>33853265
"People with tenuous connections to it," You say, "Based on really old family trees or estranged family members. Or idiots. It might not even be a matter of getting on the throne, just having someone who is more favorable or easy to manipulate on it. Or someone could just like causing chaos and civil unrest."
You pause for a moment.
"...Though, I guess you're right. However, had I died of the plague I guess Morning Star would be next in line or Winter Rose. And I guess if the populace was not happy with me they would rather have either of them in charge."
The two of you sit in silence after this. Ruby once again shuffles herself closer to you so that her head was touching you, letting out a content sigh.

What do you do?
>>
>>33853422
Move so that she's pressing into/resting against our chest fluff, since she seemed to like that. Physically getting into bed with her seems like a bad idea though. Maybe we could help support her head and neck with a hoof, but I don't know.
Nothing needs to be said for the moment, so just let her relax and rest. Maybe we could start stroking her head.
>>
>>33853422
Pat her a little bit and enjoy the silence.

Didn't realize the thread came up. Was confused in the general, but no matter. As for the incest, I do agree to go with the flow and try not to let it happen. It just seems like a bad idea in this universe with the amount of controversy and lost opportunity in marrying for our people's benefit, which we're pressured to do.
>>
>>33853498
>>33853628
You move so that she was now resting on your chest fluff, laying down so that she could do so.
You pat her head a little bit with a hoof as the two of you enjoy the silence and company of each other, just enjoying the moment.
After a few minutes you begin to hear soft snoring coming from Ruby, who had fallen asleep on your chest fluff.

What do you do?
>>
>>33853665
Think: "Guess my chest is the greatest pillow ever."
>>
>>33853665
Our fluff is a deadly weapon. Gently lay her down on her bed, over her with her bed sheets, and leave the room.
>>
>>33853698
>>33853735
'Guess my chest is the greatest pillow ever.'
You manage to wiggle yourself away from her and get up, gently laying her down on the bed and cover her with her bed sheets.
Once she was all snug you quietly leave the room, carefully closing the door behind you as you enter the castle halls once more.

What do you do?
>>
>>33853805
'I'm glad she's able to get some sleep. I'll have to check in on her again later.'
Since she's doing okay, let's go see our Dad. We did say we were gonna be right back.
>>
>>33853838
This. Let's hope everything works out in the future.
>>
>>33853838
>>33853844
'I'm gland she's able to get some sleep. I'll have to check up on her again later.'
Since she was most likely going to be okay you head off back to your dad, approaching the royal bedroom and opening the door.
Inside you find Batukhan and Apollinaire talking to each other, looking at you when you come in.
"How's your sister?" Batukhan asks you.

What do you do?
>>
>>33853907
"Good, sleeping. She could use the rest, with the stress of everything that has happened and is still happening."
Go up and give him a hug. He might not be crying, but he could still use it.
"You feeling any better yourself?"
>>
>>33853963
This
>>
>>33853907
Better than before. She isn't freaking out anymore.
Does Batu know of what our sister is stressed about?
>>
>>33853963
>>33853969
>>33853977
"Good, she's sleeping," You tell him, "She isn't freaking out anymore. She could use the rest, with the stress of everything that has happened and is still happening."
You trot up and give him a hug.
"You feeling any better yourself?" You ask.
"...A little." He mutters.

What do you do?
>>
>>33854198
Just remember that all of us are always nearby for you, dad.
>>
>>33854198
Nothing we can say will magically fix his problems, but we can at least say something.
"Well I think you're doing great. Don't forget that you don't have to be alone. Finding something to do might help, but you shouldn't throw yourself into something completely. Take things slow for now."
>>
>>33854206
>>33854225
"Just remember that all of us are always nearby for you, dad," You smile, "Finding something to do might help, but you shouldn't throw yourself into something completely. Take things slow for now."
He nods in understanding.
"...So what were you talking to Ruby about?" He asks.

What do you do?
>>
Stopping for the night.
>>
>>33854301
Glance at Apoll if we're allowed to say anything. We're not sure if Ruby is comfortable with sharing what happened around, but Apoll knows her better than anyone else as her dad.
>>
seems like this is not on anonpone
>>
>>33854301
... A few things, mostly just small stuff and marriage proposals from dear looking to climb the social ladder.
>>
>>33854784
Deer*
>>
Bump
>>
>>33854356
>>33854784
You glance at Apollinaire to see if you were allowed to say anything. He nods at you after a moment.
"...A few things," You admit, "Mostly just small stuff and marriage proposals from deer looking to climb the social ladder."
"It's already happening?" Batukhan asks; chuckling a little.

What do you do?
>>
>>33855518
Already happening? What do you mean? There's always pressure from all of us about those marrying to us for agreements, power, or just to climb.
>>
>>33855518
"Already? I guess it will be ramping up, but it's kinda always been something that has been a concern. Not a major one up to this point, though that's probably gonna change."
Half jokingly say in a concerned manner.
"Oh (Morgan? Can't remember the spelling), I'm going to be drowning in does, aren't I? And I'm gonna have to find a genuine one at that."

I feel there is a better way to word the joke, but I can't think of one.
>>
>>33855538
>>33855561
"Already happening," You ask, "What do you mean? There's always pressure from all of us about those marrying to us for agreements, power, or just to climb. I guess it will be ramping up, but it's kinda always been something that has been my concern. Not a major one up to this point, though that's probably gonna change."
You let out a laugh, mixed with concern.
"Oh Morrigan, I'm going to be drowning in does, aren't I? And I'm gonna have to find a genuine one at that."
"When there's a single royalty or noble many will try to jump at the chance to get married to them," He shrugs, "You probably don't want to be talking about that though."

What do you do?
>>
>>33855641
Still, I'm suppose to put the needs of our people above what I want. Obtaining both of those is going to be difficult.
>>
>>33855691
"Still, I'm suppose to put the needs of our people above what I want. Obtaining both of those is going to be difficult."
"I'm sure you'll find a good balance," Batukhan smiles at you, "Cause who were you raised by?"

What do you do?
>>
>>33855770
I know, I know. Still can't believe how you and mom managed to balance, but I guess I can do it too.
>>
>>33855770
Grin at what Batu he's implying.
The four of you. I don't know how you guys did it, but if you all managed to find it, maybe I can as well. It's going to take work though.
>>
>>33855828
>>33855831
You grin at what he was implying.
"I know, I know," You smile, "The four of you. Still can't believe how you and mom managed to balance, but I guess I can do it too. It's going to take work though."
"That's the spirit!" Batukhan smiles back; giving you a pat on the back.
"So Ruby is doing okay?" Apollinaire asks.

What do you do?
>>
>>33855953
She's doing far better now. Probably still going to question herself if she feels anything for me, but it's certainly not going to stress her out too much, unlike before.
>>
>>33855953
Yes, as far as I can tell anyway. I get it's not a pleasant experience to go through but she's sleeping for now so she should be alright.
>>
>>33855982
>>33855994
"She's doing far better now, as far as I can tell anyway," You say, "I get it's not a pleasant experience to go through, but she's sleeping for now. Probably still going to question herself if she feels anything for me, but it's certainly not going to stress her out too much, unlike before."
"That's good to hear." Apollinaire nods.
Batukhan just looks at you in confusion at this new information.

What do you do?
>>
>>33856094
Her heat came up while we were together. We've been practically reconnecting and getting along very well. Mixing those two together is what caused her to be stressed out to the point where she locked herself in her room.
>>
>>33856094
While we we're sparring she came into her heat, it was mortifying for her to say the least.
>>
>>33856094
Uncle Apoll probably has more details, since he did talk to her in private.
>>
>>33856128
>>33856160
>>33856175
"Her heat came up while we were sparring," You explain, "We've been practically reconnecting and getting along very well. Mixing those two together is what caused her to be stressed out to the point where she locked herself in her room. Uncle Apoll probably has more details, since he did talk to her in private."
"...Alright," Batukhan nods, "I can see why she did that then. Is that true, Apollinaire?"
"Seems like it." He nods.

What do you do?
>>
>>33856231
Shift a little bit from discomfort about this subject.
It was not ideal timing. I just hope it passes quickly for her.
Sit there being quiet for a bit then get up.
I might go get a book of some kind, maybe on military strategy or running a kingdom.

We have to change the subject or leave, this has got to be becoming to awkward for everyone.
>>
>>33856231
...What do you think, dad?
This is obviously uncomfortable for us, but it don't seem that both of them being too surprised or affected by it. Seems like they've mostly accepted it with little issue.
>>
>>33856288
>>33856328
You shuffle a bit from the discomfort of the subject.
"It was not ideal timing. I just hope it passes quickly for her... What do you think, dad?"
He just gives you a slow shrug, the three of you now sitting quietly for a bit till you get up.
"I might go get a book of some kind," You say, "Maybe on military strategy or running a kingdom."
"That sounds like a wise idea." Batukhan smiles.
"I might go as well." Apollinaire says; getting up as well.

What do you do?
>>
>>33856429
Alright, let's head out to the library and read up then. Actually, shouldn't get more familiar with mom's advisors? Unless, we already know them quite a bit as acquaintances growing up.
>>
>>33856429
Go have a look at some books from the library.
>>
>>33856527
>>33856599
With that you head out to the castle library, making your pace slow since you were't in a hurry.
As you trot you begin to think about your advisers. You knew all of them pretty well, some better than others. You knew them pretty well since your mother talked to almost all of them on a daily basis.
Gethin was your adviser of state intrigue who was in charge of the various spies Highland had. Maybn was the financial adviser in charge of taxation, the treasury, and expenses. She was a very good friend to mom. Morning Star, your oldest sister, was the court chaplain and head of the Neltic faith, in charge of religious matters in Highland. Mac Beatha use to be the court chaplain, but he died of natural causes two years ago. Caiside was the marshal, dealing with matters related to the army and acting as the head general. He is suppose to retire in a few months so you'll probably need to look into getting a new marshal to replace him. The last one was Gael, the diplomat, who was in charge of helping to deal with the other nations.
With your musings you soon reach the library, stepping inside. You are quickly hit with the smell of the many books that make this library their home.
As usual you spot Winter Rose sitting at one of the chairs in the library, engrossed with a new book.

What do you do?
>>
>>33856713
Tempting to sneak up on her, but let's just quitely say hello to her. Ask what she's reading, because she seems to be lost in that book.
>>
>>33856713
Hello Winter what are you reading?
Have a look around at the shelves.
>>
>>33856713
Going to need to read and start considering who we trust as our next marshal.
>>
>>33856731
>>33856735
>>33856799
You carefully approach her, keeping yourself quiet, but not too quiet to startle her.
"Hello, Winter," You greet her quietly, "What are you reading?"
She looks at you and smiles, lifting up her book so you can see the cover.
It was titled "Arctica" with the cover being of a Unicorn covered by a heavy parka hood so that you could only see it's eyes. It was most likely an Equestrian book.

What do you do?
>>
>>33856940
"An Equestrian biography then, or is it more of a fictional story? I might have to have a peak at it when you're done with it, but I've got a bit of other reading to do before then. So, what's it about?"
We could take a seat near her, but it really depends on how long we're gonna chat with her.
>>
>>33856940
Ah, getting invested in Equestrian books, are you?.
>>
>>33856989
>>33856990
"Ah, getting invested in Equestrian books, are you?"
"A little." She blushes.
"An Equestrian biography then, or is it more of a fictional story," You ask, "I might have to have a peak when you're done with it, but I've got a bit of other reading to do before then. What's it about?"
"It's a post-apocalyptic story," She explains, "It's about a team of researches working in the South Pole when they hear that a sudden apocalypse occurs. They now need to survive in one of the harshest places on Equus as the world ends around them."

What do you do?
>>
>>33857031
Raise an eye and smile just a little.
Sounds harsh and brutal. Didn't expect you to read such a book during these times.
>>
>>33857031
"A little grim, don't you think? So long as you're getting something from it though, I'm sure it's worth it. Just don't get too wrapped up in it. Wouldn't want you to forget to eat."
>>
Stopping for the night.
>>
>>33857098
Night, Pluto!
>>
>>33857098
Night
>>
Bump
>>
>>33857031
Huh, that sounds pretty interesting. Unfortunately I have to try cram some less interesting knowledge into my head, then again maybe we could read it together or something. How far did you get into it?
>>
>>33857546
>>
>>33857031
Well, I was planning to read something like that would hopefully prevent such disasters. I'm not sure if you're interested in nonfiction that teaches (or maybe we do considering we're her brother).
>>
>>33857045
>>33857074
>>33857597
>>33859193
You raise an eyebrow at her, but smile a little.
"Sounds harsh and brutal. A little grim, don't you think?"
She just shrugs in response.
"So long as you're getting something from it," You say, "I'm sure it's worth it. Just don't get too wrapped up in it. Wouldn't want you to forget to eat."
She blushes and looks away, knowing that has happened several times now.
"How far did you get into it?" You ask.
"Only twenty pages." She replies.
"I was planning to read something like that would hopefully prevent such disasters," You tell her, "I remember you're not a fan of nonfiction that teaches."
"...Not really," She says, "But, I can help you find a book if you want."

What do you do?
>>
>>33859253
"If you could, that would be great. I was thinking of reading a book on strategy or running a kingdom, but it's not like those are easy topics to find. I might not learn much that I haven't already been taught, since experience is what I need at this point, but it would be reassuring to review this stuff and have it fresh in my mind. Might look for something a little lighter, like a romance piece, so that I'm not bogging myself down with work."

Kinda want to suggest a biology book, since we'd be a little worried about Ruby, and want to see about helping her somehow, along with trying to understand the plague, but it seems like it might be fruitless. A book on magic would probably be more helpful.
>>
>>33859253
That would be very kind of you, Winter. You know this library better than I ever could. I'm looking for something that would teach me more about leading our armies. I need to start becoming a far better leader, than as I am, and need to learn fast.
>>
>>33859316
>>33859318
"That would be very kind of you," You smile, "You know this library better than I ever could. I was thinking of reading a book on strategy or running a kingdom, but it's not those are easy topics to find."
"Say no more!" She smiles back.
She marks her page before getting up and leading you through the bookshelves.
"They should be here." She says; stopping after leading you for half a minute.

What do you do?
>>
>>33859531
"Thank you. You can go back to reading your book if you want, since I'll probably be joining you once I've decided exactly what I'll be read. That is if you don't mind the company?"
Start reading through the books and look for one that looks good for a beginner.
>>
>>33859531
Give her a small hug and thank her for helping us.
>>
>>33859641
>>33859745
"Thank you," You smile; giving her a small hug and breaking it, "You can go back to reading your book if you want, since I'll probably be joining you once I've decided exactly what I'll read. That is if you don't mind the company?"
"No," She shakes her head, "You can join me if you want."
She leaves as you start browsing through the books, looking for one that looked good for a beginner.
You eventually come across one titled "The Art of War by: Fallen Leaf."
Sounded like a Kirin book that one of the Equestrians traded.

What do you do?
>>
>>33859822
Pick it up and take a look at the introduction. It's probably not that relevant to us because it wouldn't know too much about here or how deer fight but it might be good to get another species view on how to wage war.
>>
>>33859822
Would be interesting to read up on how another species uses their military tactics. Might give us an edge by using unexpected strategies not used often here.
>>
>>33859822
Sounds like a good start for now. Maybe we could look into other things that Fallen Leaf has done, if the book proves relevant to our interests. Let's take that and go sit with Winter.

>>33859854
This. I'd argue strategy that can be taught through literature would be relevant regardless of species, but checking the book before we take it would be good.
>>
>>33859854
>>33859860
>>33859867
You pick it up and quickly look through the introduction. The Island Kirins liked to use way different tactics, but it would be interesting to read up on how other species used their own military tactics. Besides, it could give you an edge.
You take the book and return to Winter, sitting down next to her and turning to the first chapter in the book.
"Detail Assessment and Planning" was the first chapter along with a summary of it.
"This first chapter will explore the five fundamental factors of the Way, seasons, terrain, leadership, and management, along with seven elements that determine the outcomes of military engagements. By thinking, assessing, and comparing these points, a command can calculate his chances of victory. Habitual deviation from these calculations will ensure failure via improper action. War is a very grave matter for the state and must not be commenced without due consideration."

What do you do?
>>
>>33860075
True enough, take it and go sit down next to Winter.
>>
>>33860075
Seems pretty sound so far, so it's probably worth reading into a little more. Let's memorize where we took it from and take it back to Winter. If we find it's not as helpful as we thought, we can come back and look in the same section for a similar book.
>>
>>33860112
We're already sitting with her.
>>
>>33860112
>>33860146
'True enough.'
So far it seemed pretty sound so it was probably worth reading into it more.
You continue reading the book, though several pages in you felt yourself already getting a little strained. The book wasn't bad, but it had a lot of information in it.
"How's the book?" Winter asks; looking up her own.

What do you do?
>>
>>33860212
Set the book down, and remember the page.
"Very dense and quite dry, but hopefully useful. I think I'm gonna have to read this one in chunks, otherwise none of it's gonna stick. It's probably the type of book you have to read multiple times as well, so that you can get something new from it each time. Can't say this is the type of thing I'd read normally. You enjoying your book?"
>>
>>33860212
A little tiring. I really wish I could cram all this information into my head as soon as possible, but I'm starting to realize that's too optimistic of a goal to accomplish.
>>
>>33860249
>>33860258
You set the book down, making sure to commit the page number to memory.
"Very dense and quite dry, but hopefully useful," You say, "I really wish I could cram all this information into my head as soon as possible, but I'm starting to realize that's too optimistic of a goal to accomplish. It's probably the type of book you have to read multiple times as well so that you get something new from it each time. You enjoying your book?"
"Yeah," She nods, "Like you said you can't expect to read a book like that and cram everything in. Why are you reading that anyway?"

What do you do?
>>
>>33860804
If I'm going to become king, I need to know how prevent losses. We've had far too many in such a short amount of time. Everyone has lost something, not just us.
That, and I find it hard to believe this plague was natural.
>>
>>33860804
Because in the rather likely event that a war starts I want to be prepared as much as possible.
>>
>>33860804
"It's something I need to brush up on, and learn more about it in the long term. Just hope I don't have to rely on it any time soon, though another nation might try to strike soon after the plague stops, while we're still recovering. Besides, I'm not an exceptional fighter, and I mostly just need experience for the kingdom management stuff, so I figured I'd focus on what I need to improve. Do you think there is something better for me to focus on at the moment? Because I'm open to criticism and suggestions."
>>
>>33860829
>>33860866
>>33860867
"It's something I need to brush up on," You tell her, "And learn more about in the long term. If I'm going to be king, I need to know how to prevent losses. We've had far too many in such a short amount of time. Another nation might try to strike soon after the plague stops while we're still recovering."
"The Federation doesn't have any reason to attack us," Winter says, "And we have good relations with both hordes. Besides Esa-Neria, I can't think of anyone who would want to attack, especially after the plague."
"Do you think there is something better for me to focus on at the moment," You ask, "Because I'm open to criticism and suggestions."
"No." She shakes her head.
"And I find it hard to believe this plague was natural."
"...Huh?"

What do you do?
>>
>>33860906
Again, it's just a suspicion. There isn't any strong evidence to prove it. Something about it just gives me that feeling. I would just feel more at ease if I'm prepared for any that happens, and it's not unheard of to use such tactics to weaken an enemy.
>>
>>33860906
"Maybe it's just me being paranoid, or wanting someone to blame, but something that deadly doesn't just come out of no where, right? We should've seen it coming, done more to stop it. With how wide spread it was, I highly doubt it was a targeted attack, at least not by deerkind, but the destruction its caused is the stuff of nightmares. If it really was natural, than the thought of someone trying to harness that after what it's done scares me even more."

I figure we'd tear up a bit and start breathing a little heavier, since we're talking about something that has negatively effected us on multiple levels. We can't be completely calm all the time.
>>
>>33860936
>>33860967
"Again it's just suspicion. There isn't any strong evidence to prove it, but something that deadly just doesn't come out of nowhere, right?"
You begin to tear up a bit, your breathing getting heavier.
"We should've seen it coming, done more to stop it. With how wide spread it was I highly doubt it was a targeted attack, at least not by deerkind, but the destruction it has caused is the stuff of nightmares."
Your ranting is stopped when you feel a pair of soft, warm hooves wrap around you, holding you close to comfort you.

What do you do?
>>
>>33861053
Wrap our hooves around her as well, and cry on her shoulder a bit. "I-it's hard, you know? S-suddenly so many people are g-gone, and everyone else is l-looking at me, judging me. If they're not accusing me of something, they're expecting something from me or figuring out how to use me. I-I haven't met a lot of the last bunch, b-but I know they will come."

The time we spent sick was painful, or at least very confusing, correct? We should avoid sharing that with anyone. No one should have to know that their loved one's last moments were anything other than peaceful.
>>
>>33861113
You wrap your hooves around her in return, shaking as you cry into her shoulder a bit.
"I-It's hard, you know? S-Suddenly so many people are g-gone," You sniff, "And everyone else is l-looking at me, judging me. If they're not accusing me of something they're expecting something from me or figuring out how to use me. I-I haven't met a lot of the last bunch, b-but I know they will come."
"Shh, it's okay," Winter whispers, "You still have family that won't hesitate to help you. You'll be a good king, I know it."

What do you do?
>>
Stopping for the night.

>>33861113
Forget to say. Yeah the time spent being sick was painful, but moments when you were awake had the addition of insanity.
>>
>>33861210
Take a deep breath to try and get ourself under control.
"I know. I'll try my best. It's just overwhelming right now, trying to make sure everyone is okay while also keeping myself in check, preparing for when I have to take the throne, and not to mention the pressure to get a wife. It's gonna take some time to get used to everything that changed."

>>33861222
Night, Pluto!
>>
>>33861210
Thank you, Winter. I really needed that. You're one of the best sisters a brother can ask for. I'm not sure I'll be a good king, but I'm sure going to try.
Give her another hug. Maybe this time where we pull her into our chest, considering we're the one pulling her in.
>>
You know what? I really like our character, we're just trying to be a good king and brother/son/nephew.
>>
>>33861511
Added Rise of Paradise to the archive:
https://www.anonpone.com/rise/
>>
Bump
>>
>>33861240
>>33861318
You take a deep breath to try and get yourself under control.
"Thank you, Winter. I really needed that," You say, "You're one of the best sisters a brother can ask for. It's just overwhelming right now, trying to make sure everyone is okay while also keeping myself in check, preparing for when I have to take the throne, and not to mention the pressure to get a wife. It's gonna take some time to get use to everything that changed."
You return her hug, pulling her into your chest.
"There are pressures for us as well," She tells you, "So don't think you're the only one that has to go through new things."

What do you do?
>>
>>33862633
Give a small laugh.
When you put it that way, it makes me sound quite selfish in a way. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm downplaying what you are all going through as well.
>>
>>33862633
"Of course. I know it's not just me whose having a rough time, which is why I'm trying so hard to keep it together. That stuffs just gotta come out at some point I guess"
>>
>>33862659
>>33862722
You give a small laugh to her.
"When you put it like that, it makes me sound quite selfish in a way," You mutter, "I know it's not just me who's having a rough time, which is why I'm trying so hard to keep it together. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm downplaying what you are all going through as well."
"It's fine." She smiles up at you.

What do you do?
>>
>>33862799
Keep her in our hug before slowly letting go. Can we read for her? 'unless, we have other business to attend to.
>>
>>33862854
You keep her in the hug before slowly letting go of her.
"Can I read for you?" You ask.
"Sure!" She smiles; her smile getting wider.
She grabs her book and leads you over to the couch in the library for more comfort. Laying next to you as you sit down.
"You can start from the beginning if you want," She tells you, "Or we can keep going from where I was reading."

What do you do?
>>
>>33863038
I'm afraid I might be a little lost in I start from where you're up to so if you really don't mind I'll start from the beginning.
>>
>>33863038
"How far into the book were you? If you were too far in, I'd probably be lost on who is who and what's going on. Unless you want to explain everything I missed, it might be best to start from the beginning."
>>
>>33863123
>>33863144
"I'm afraid I might be a little lost if I start from where you're up to," You say, "Unless you want to explain everything I missed, it might be best to start from the beginning."
She nods as you turn to the first page, making sure to mark her page for her. You clear your throat before you begin to read.
"The cold air blew through the chilly evening sending the already cold air down to freezing, but this was normal considering it was the south pole at Amnesty Base along with winter where the sun refused to shine for half of the year. This was all considered normal for the small base at the bottom of the world, but this night and the rest of the lives of the ponies that worked here was where this normality was going to end-"

"-The crew stood shell shocked at the door as the thing that used to be Willow Wet pounded at the door like the wild beast it was now. For the creature knew that all that stood between it and it's next meal was past the door.
Captain Orchard swallows and takes a breath, tearing her grip away from the door to look at her panicked crew. She didn't know how Willow became the monstrosity currently beating down their door, but she knew something had to be done if her crew was to survive-"
You and Winter jump when there is a knock at the library door and it is opened slightly, a servant poking her head in.
"Sorry, were you two reading," She asks, "Uh, dinner is ready."
She then departs, closing the door behind her.
"...So what do you think?" Winter asks.

What do you do?
>>
>>33863260
Very tense if us being startled by a servant is any indication, but it's a fun read. More importantly, I had a fun time with you though.
>>
>>33863260
It left me hanging on every word and I do want to see what happens next. Maybe after dinner we can continue...?
>>
>>33863284
>>33863358
"Very tense if us being startled by a servant is any indication," You say, "It's a fun read, it left me hanging on every word and I do want to see what happens next. More importantly, I had a fun time with you though. Maybe after dinner we can continue...?"
"I would love to." She smiles.

What do you do?
>>
>>33863396
Let's head to dinner then. Who knows what'll happen at the dinner table.
>>
>>33863396
Great, then let's meet up here again after dinner.
Get up and go to dinner.
>>
>>33863415
>>33863472
"Great, then let's meet up here again after dinner," You tell her, "Who know what'll happen at the dinner table."
The two of you get up, marking your spot, before heading out to dinner.
You soon arrive to the dinning room to find your family has already gathered there, though Ruby was missing from the dinner table.

What do you do?
>>
>>33863521
Is there someone taking food to Ruby?
>>
>>33863521
A servant should definitely be delivering food to Ruby, if they haven't done so.
>>
>>33863548
>>33863643
"Is there someone taking food to Ruby?" You ask.
"Yeah." Apollinaire answers.
You set yourself down at the table as the chefs bring dinner out in the form of a Ratatouille Salad with some sourdough toast.
Dinner was quiet as you ate with nobody really wanting to talk after the events of the past few days.

What do you do?
>>
>>33863692
It still feels like none of it is real. So many seats that once held family is now empty...
>>
>>33863692
It's understandable that no one wants to talk. Now that everyone is gathered in one place, let's look around and see if anyone seems particularly troubled or lonely. We should let them eat in peace, but making note of who seems okay and how seems like they could use help would be good. Otherwise we should just eat quietly.
>>
>>33863705
>>33863713
It felt like none of this was real, like it was all a bad dream but it wasn't. Seats that held family were now empty. Camma, Auregan, Marzhina, Opal, Gold, Altansarnai, Altanstetseg, all of their seats were empty.
And of course mom's seat was empty at the head of the table.
As you eat you begin to look around to see if anyone looked troubled or lonely. Batukhan and Apollinaire, while saddened, looked fine. Morning Star, Sapphire, and Winter Rose looked fine, but a bit saddened as well. Argantel and Gaelle were doing the same.
The one that looked the worse off was Rozenn, idly poking at her dinner with a fork. Sapphire had told you that Rozenn was possibly depressed by the entire thing.

What do you do?
>>
>>33863832
We did talk to her earlier about coming to us and that we're here for her. Not sure if we have therapists or that have something similar in Highland.
>>
>>33863832
Is there a free spot near Rozenn? We bumped into her earlier, and said to seek us out if she was having trouble, but she clearly hasn't done that. We shouldn't take a seat that someone else's, past or present, but we should at least make plans to talk with her latter.
Assuming we can find a spot near her, we should give her a little wave, and try to interact a little.
>>
>>33863857
>>33863886
You did talk to her earlier about coming to you and that you were there for her, though you do have therapists that could easily help.
You float your food up and sit down next to her, a chair that you were pretty sure hasn't been used. You give her a smile and a little wave.
She acknowledges you, but continues to poke at her food.

What do you do?
>>
>>33864259
Speak quietly, since the room is pretty quiet right now.
"It's good to see you Rozenn. Don't force yourself to eat if you don't feel like eating. Sorry again about bumping into you earlier, I really should've watched where I was going. Do you feel like talking or would you rather be left alone?"
If she doesn't seem too hostile, maybe gently place a hoof on her shoulder, to try and reassure her.
>>
>>33864319
"It's good to see you, Rozenn," You say quietly, "Don't force yourself to eat if you don't feel like eating. Do you feel like talking or would you rather be left alone?"
This seems to drag her out of her stupor as she takes a bite of her food.
"...Could we talk? If that's okay with you?" She asks.

What do you do?
>>
>>33864370
Of course. Do you want to go somewhere private first.
>>
>>33864370
"Of course. I said I'd listen if you ever needed to talk earlier, and I meant it. Did you want to do this somewhere else? It would be a little public to talk here, but everyone here should have some understanding of what you're going through."
>>
Stopping for the night.
>>
>>33864464
Night, Pluto!
>>
>>33864398
support she needs it
>>
Bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.