[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: ColtQuestThread87.png (240 KB, 640x600)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
Inventory & Spells: https://pastebin.com/M3JiXh4r
Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/coltquest/
CQ Wiki: http://coltquest.wikidot.com/
Discord: https://discord.gg/ncB2svz

Previous Thread:

>Emerald stores a few more things away and says goodbye to everyone, and then leaves the barracks.
>He is led back to the Alternate Whitherwater, and then decides to head to #304 Coursewalk.
>While there, he is accosted by a dragon masked individual by the name of Hydrus, who is an Accuser with the Order of the Arrow.
>Fearing his questions, Emerald uses his keys to retreat inside #304 Coursewalk. The first room he enters has a child-like demon, while the other key he uses contains a cursed book.
>Emerald eventually has to return outside. He is shackled by Hydrus and led to the Order of the Arrow HQ.
>Being scared that Hydrus might torture information out of him, he looks around and spots the alternate Larimar and the three speak.
>Larimar and Emerald end up being able to speak privately, and now the colt must convince the choir member to let him see Joyride.

Continued in next post...
>>
>>33560565
Forget all that show us part 2 of that title card.
>>
File: 2082.png (278 KB, 640x600)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>33560565

Emerald says that Joyride's special talent isn't magic but travel. This has allowed the unicorn to travel to other dimensions, and has actually used that ability to create spatial anomalies in her house, which is why her door can lead to other rooms that it shouldn't.

The colt then says that's how he got here in the first place. Joyride was trying to send an alternate demon-aligned version of herself away and Emerald got caught in the crossfire.

"...You do know this sounds a bit outlandish, don't you? Do you have any solid proof that you know Joyride? Or I guess, a Joyride?" Larimar says, squinting at the colt.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33560618
the keys i used on the house. no one could craft keys that could work on her doors except joyride herself.
>>
>>33560618
We have a compass that points in her direction.

Also a key.

Do we still have the dragonfire lantern that sends messages to her still?

I get lost a lot ok?
>>
>>33560565
what's colt quest about exactly?
all i know that the MC is a trap colt or something
>>
>>33560660
Yeah we got a good bit of stuff that would be difficult if not to impossible to obtain in the short amount of time we've been here, especially considering we've been a bit tied up for most of it.
>>
>>33560670
it's a cyoa that stars a trap colt who goes on a dimension spanning lewd adventure of revenge and discovery.
>>
>>33560618
If you doubt me then ask joyride about her talent and about her keys. Ask her if my story sounds plausible.
>>
>>33560618
reluctantly mention the compass ours give us to find a joyride.
>>
>>33560618
Remind him that we did try to protect hope and warn him that if he turns us back over to hydrus the stallion intends to torture us. We don't know how far he'll go and what he'll do
>>
>>33560618
joyride taught me magic. such as the magic missile and gave me my first focus.
>>
>>33560618
Ask him where we shall stay for the time being. Can we stay with hope and the choir? We rather stay in some place other than a torture dungeon.
>>
File: 2083.png (327 KB, 640x600)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>33560624
>>33560660
>>33560670
>>33560786
>>33560788
>>33560797
>>33560796
>>33560878

Emerald says that he has several items that may prove that, if he can get his saddlebag back.

Larimar and Hydrus discuss this with the guards in whispers, and the bag is brought forward. The guards are allowed to return to their duties, but Hydrus sticks around. Emerald is not allowed to search his bag himself, but he asks Larimar to pull out the keys to #304 Coursewalk, the compass, and the dragonfire lantern.

"A Dragonfire lantern, huh? That is a rather rare gift. Hmm." Larimar says, examining the item. "And these are the keys you used in the house?"

Hydrus examines the compass and says, "Well it is definitely pointing in the general direction of Joyride's house, for what that's worth."

Emerald isn't sure it'll help, but he mentions the magic missile he used on Hope's attacker, and says that his Joyride taught him how to do that.

Larimar rubs his chin for a second, looking off in the distance in thought. Hydrus just stares down at both of them.

"I'm still not convinced, but there is at least enough evidence to look into this. Hydrus, do you mind if I take him up to Hope until we can speak with Joyride? Our Lady has shown a bit of interest in him.

"Hmph. Alright. But if he doesn't talk he is mine to interrogate." Hydrus says shrugging.

Once he is out of earshot Emerald comments dryly that Hydrus seems like quite a nice fellow.

"Don't mind him. Accusers are all that way. They have to be suspicious of everyone. It's one of the reasons Accusers have the authority to investigate Order members no matter the rank. Technically they could even look to our Saint herself's activities." Larimar says.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33560955
really? they sound like a nosy bunch. But what would the saint have to worry about? She's a saint after all. don't most order ponies have to answer to her?
>>
>>33560955
Ask if we are going to be kept in these shackles. can the leg cuffs at least be removed? we aren't going to be going anywhere.
>>
>>33560955
Honestly at this point I just want to leave.

Ive pretty much found out everything I wanted to anyway.
>>
>>33560955
thank larimar and ask what shall we expect upon facing the saint?
>>
>>33560955
Ask larimar how he joined the order. When he gets older and becomes a stallion will he still be in the choir or will he take some other job in the order?
>>
>>33560955
>Don't mind him. Accusers are all that way. They have to be suspicious of everyone. It's one of the reasons Accusers have the authority to investigate Order members no matter the rank. Technically they could even look to our Saint herself's activities."

Do they get in the way much? What do you think of them?
>>
File: TappyResize.gif (3.83 MB, 1152x648)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB GIF
>>33560955
We're doin it boys! We're salvaging this!
>>
>>33561351
Wish I thought to name this "Tappy Trappy" before I posted it.
>>
>>33560955
Lets get caught by a second accuser before the day is up and word spreads. Maybe a third!
>>
>>33560955
have you ever been investigated by an Accuser?
>>
>>33560955
Inb4 hydrus starts investigating hope just because he's annoyed he didn't get a new pet for his creepy basement dungeon.
>>
>>33560955
Does anyone investigate accusers?
>>
>>33560565
>That pic
Hehehehehehe
>>
>>33560955
I actually knew hope back in my dimension too.
>>
>>33562653
And you!
You're a dick.
*boop*

I don't actually remember if other-him was ever even a bit mean or directly against us in a conflict or what, but I'm fairly sure we passive-aggressively made faces over hope.
>>
>>33560565
I miss Hips. I wish he was still around doing fanart.
>>
>>33560955
Ask Larimar if we are going to see her now? or if we are going to be waiting somewhere before meeting hope.
>>
>>33562706
>>33562653
Let's wait till we meet hope.
>>
>hi hope I heard you like bondage
>>
File: 2084.png (324 KB, 640x600)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>33561351

Gimme faster and FASTEST.

>>33561015
>>33561152
>>33561185
>>33561212
>>33561351
>>33562557

Emerald asks why Hope would have to worry about anything to do with Accusers. She is a Saint after all. Wouldn't the Order ponies answer to her?

"Mmmm... The point of the Accusers to make sure no one is above suspicion. They are allowed to investigate anyone from peasants to kings, even the Head of the Order. That being said, Hope has spear-headed battles against the Order's greatest foes and rooted out deep demonic conspiracies. None of them doubt the Saint's resolve or loyalty to ponykind." Larimar says as they walk, passing through a hall and taking a right through a huge gate into another busy hallway.

He then asks if anyone investigates Accusers.

"Of course, by both the regular Order investigators and even other Accusers." Larimar replies.

Emerald then asks if he can get his shackles off.

"No, though I suspect Hope will Order them off once we get to her so it shouldn't be long." The choir pony says as they do their best to walk through the heavy hoof traffic. "I imagine you'll have a pleasant chat. She and a few of the other choir members were wondering what you might be up to."

The light green colt then asks why he joined the Order, and what the choir well ultimately let him end up.

"I was an orphan. The farmhouse I was born in was destroyed during a sudden battle breaking out. My parents died, but I survived. She thought me worthy of saving, and now here I am. Once I grow older, I think she intends the choir to be her personal bodyguard, which I am perfectly fine with. I can think of no better honor." Larimar says with a solemn nod.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33563588
That sounds like how i met my hope actually. I was alone and scared in ruins of a city destroyed by a succubus and her thralls when i was found by hope who was searching for survivors. She sent me to joyride to be trained.
>>
>>33563633
support also tell him how our hope is a kind hearted healer
>>
>>33563588
So hydrus was telling me about arrowfixes. What can you tell me about them? Do you really use them to power spells? How does that work? Have you ever used one?
>>
>>33563588
I suppose I'll get a chance to meet them all. Any you are good friends with? I guess they were all orphans too.
>>
>>33563588
Ask him about the war with the deer. How did that start?
>>
>>33563588
So I guess you and the choir have seen battles.
>>
>>33563588
>>33563633
>>33563642

This. Maybe mention that our hope still has her sight. She is a very devoted mare.
>>
>>33563588
>Gimme faster and FASTEST.
Done.
https://imgur.com/a/UEP7dtl
>>
File: 2085.png (213 KB, 640x600)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>33563633
>>33563642
>>33563747
>>33563778
>>33563751

Emerald has to admit that he is excited to speak with Hope. The Hope in his dimension rescued him from the ruins of a city. She was the one that originally led her to the Joyride from his dimension. In his dimension, she is with Ponycare.

"Ha! Unsurprising that she is a kind-hearted angel even in other planes of existence." Larimar says proudly.

Emerald asks about the choir, and asks if he'll get to meet them.

"Yeah they'll probably be around. Some might be out on errands, or training."

Emerald asks about the wars, and the battles he has seen. He asks how long the wars have been going on.

"The wars have been going longer than I've been alive certainly. As for battles I've seen, not that many. We aren't allowed that close yet. We were there protecting her once when we were attacked by bandits. We shielded her from arrows as she struck down the brigands." Larimar says smiling.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33564078
"Also you are kind of a demon hunter too on my dimension"
>>
>>33564078
Youd think ponies would know NOT to attack the pony who is literally floating and surrounded by gaurds.

Just maybe.

Shall we just skip to hope? I think were done here.
>>
>>33564078
So how's Hope in Bed?
>>
>>33564078
So what would the deer have to gain in alliance with demons?
>>
>>33564078
So hydrus was telling me about arrowfixes. What can you tell me about them? Do you really use them to power spells? How does that work? Have you ever used one?
>>
>>33564078
I bet those bandits didn't know what hit them.

So what things were you all talking about me?
>>
>>33564706
let's not ask that right now. it's a bit crude and it's clear larimar thinks highly of hope.
>>
Neigh~
>>
>>33564078
Ask what the order usually does with foals our age. Are foals usually nabbed by accusers for suspicious things?
>>
>>33564078
So what happened to the bandits?
>>
File: 2086.png (277 KB, 640x600)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>33564132
>>33564170
>>33564862

Emerald comments that Larimar is a demon hunter of sorts in his dimension, though doesn't go as far as to explain who he travels with. He gets the feeling he might not like Uictoria very much.

Emerald then asks what the deer hope to gain by joining up with the demons.

"I couldn't fathom the reason for them to do so. The only thing down that path is ruin.

At this point they reach Hope's office, no one is there, but Larimar tells him to sit and wait.

While he waits he looks around the office. It's far more decorative than the rest of the building. The desk and walls have carvings on them, and beneath her desk is a blue carpet with gold trim. The windows have silk drapes, and in one corner of the room is a chest as well as a large globe.

There is another door on the back wall where Larimar went, and next to that is large ebony bookcase.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33567257
Is our bag in this room with us or is it still in larimar's posession
>>
>>33567257
Test our bindings as we wait. Mayhaps speculate on how to make the belts more comfortable while allowing freedom
>>
>>33567257
Look what's on the bookshelf.
>>
>>33567257
Should we do a aura thing to see what's in the rooms around us?
>>
So real talk, is this Hope into foals? Because it would be cool to get some lewds out of talking with this version, but I just want to get the hell out of this dimension. Just being here is like a good chance of not surviving.
>>
>>33567257
Admire the carvings
>>
>>33567257
maybe we can try to listen in through the door without being caught.
>>
>>33567428
She sees while blindfolded. Why would a wall impede her vision?

>pic
blow out just one of the candles and study the then globe as hard as we can.
>>
>>33567257
>Take a look at the globe
>Dont try to spy on someone who can probably see through walls.
>>
>>33567257
let's look out the window. what do we see out there?
>>
>>33567257
did our step-parents ever put us in bindings like this?
>>
>>33567257
maybe we can keep this bondage suite. maybe have our joyride modify it.
>>
>>33567257
Look at the books.
Books!

What are the titles?
Does Hope have Fifty Shades of Neigh?
>>33567322
>>
>>33567257
Ebony bookcase?
Ebony as in, black?
Yeah don't touch that. Last time we found a black bookcase we were strictly warned about not touching it and I had to start making newspaper edits.
>>
File: 2087.png (335 KB, 640x600)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>33567303
>>33567308
>>33567314
>>33567317
>>33567428
>>33567441
>>33567488
>>33567644
>>33567780
>>33567863

The colt struggles in his bonds a bit.They are snug and the leather is strong. They don't have much give. The chains are made of iron and thicker than a pencil. He couldn't pull these apart with his strength.

Emerald looks around the room intending to snoop, but then he realizes something. Hope had a blindfold on when he saw her last, yet she didn't seem in any way hampered by it. Was it anything like Sensoria's vision? Emerald gets the idea of using his arcane vision to see where everyone is. He instinctively reaches for his saddlebag before remembering that Larimar had it. He sighes, and then feels around his neck, but no amulet on it yet. That means his bag can't be that far away.

The colt needed to make a good impression on Hope, and wasn't even sure if she could see him right now. Emerald thought it best to stay planted on the chair and just look around the room. The window looked out onto the center part of the castle. Not much to see there except brick. The colt does find it a bit surprising that it actually provides a decent amount of light considering it's position.

He then stares back at the globe. From his angle he could see Equestria. In this dimension it looks much the same as it does in his. The colt is glad at least that much hasn't changed.

Emerald looks at the bookshelf. The books seem to be historical battle reports from various wars that the colt has never heard of. Emerald begins to wonder if Hope could read even with a blindfold on.

Soon after this Larimar steps out of the back and after clearing his throat says, "Hope will be out shortly. Be on your best behavior."

Emerald nods.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33568029
"how is she?"
>>
>>33568029
if hope finds me a-okay will i get my belongings back?
>>
>>33568029
you not staying?
>>
>>33568049
>>33568051
>>33568091
support
>>
>>33568029
ask if we could loan a book to read while waiting
>>
>>33568029
>Not staying?
>>
>>33568029
that's all i can do.
>>
>>33568029
>Soon after this Larimar steps out of the back and after clearing his throat says,

does larimar look any different upon returning from visiting hope?
>>
>>33568029
smile and wait. think happy thoughts about our own hope.
>>
>>33568029
When Hope starts undoing our bindings, let her know that we wont be totally free until we get the ring off too.
Show it to her, and tell her how it's removed. See if she takes the hint.
>>
>>33569869
>yes hello mam, I'm in legal trouble. Please don't think about that map you're people found and also blow me.

Naw, let her notice the thing on her own. She'll look, assuming she can.
>>
>>33568029
i'm concerned that with our amulet away from us she might be able to see how corrupt emerald's soul is. I'm not sure what order procedure is with folks with tainted souls but i doubt it's pleasant.
>>
File: 2088.png (172 KB, 640x600)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>33568049
>>33568051
>>33568091
>>33568096
>>33569869

Emerald asks if he can have his stuff back.

"Not yet. I imagine you'll get it back soon though" Larimar says with a nod, holding up his saddlebag.

Emerald asks if he's going to stay in the room while he and Hope chat.

"Yup. It's tradition for one of us to always be by her side. You know, just in case." Larimar says with a chuckle.

Emerald asks how Hope is doing, but before he can finish the back door opens and the mare floats in.

She isn't wearing the armor decorations from before, or her spear. Instead she is wearing what looks to be a habit with an Arrowfix shaped necklace. Instead of her weapon, she is carrying a staff. He isn't sure what the symbol is, but it does look familiar, and the colt guesses that it's probably a badge of office.

She stops behind her desk and says, "So it is you! I've heard you've been quite busy since you've been in Whitherwater.

She smirks, and then motions to Larimar. Larimar approaches Emerald and removes his bindings. He doesn't drop off his stuff though.

"So I hear you may actually have some connection to Joyride, and you wish to speak with her?"

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33573125
yes I would like to speak with her. this may sound strange but I am from another dimension. similar to this one but different. I am that Joyride's apprentice and was helping her fight demons that had invaded our world when a misfired spell sent me into this world. I seek to speak with your joyride to see if she can send me back to my world. my hope, and my joyride needs me.
>>
>>33573125
the keys and compass were created by my joyride. Which Is how i knew where to look for her.
>>
>>33573125
No kidding. Also yes, im joyrides apprentice in another dimension.

When she took me to meet other versions of herself they were all also dimension hoppers, so hopefully this version of joyride is and will be willing to get me home.

So do you have to float all the time or...?
>>
>>33573125
Yes did joyride ever tell you about her cutie mark? what her talent is?
>>
>>33573125
Ask what is the staff/scepter she has? Some sort of focus?
>>
>>33573125
Thank you for seeing me Saint Hope, I was afraid that I was going to be left with Accuser Hydrus.
>>
>>33573125
yes I tried to speak to her at her home when Accuser Hydrus approached and arrested me. she unfortunately didn't answer the door.
>>
File: 2089.png (281 KB, 640x600)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>33573139
>>33573154
>>33573160
>>33573163
>>33573168
>>33573214
>>33573363

Emerald explains that he is looking for Joyride, and that he knows where she is because of his compass, which the Joyride from his dimension gave him. He ended up here when they were fighting demons. Emerald asks if she knows what her special talent is.

"No, I don't suppose I do. She doesn't really like to talk about herself much." Hope says with a cute chuckle. "It's a horseshoe with a star in the center correct? I'm honestly not sure what the could mean."

Emerald asks what her cutie mark is.

"A laurel with a cross inside it." The Saint says. "But we are getting off topic now. Joyride can help you get back to your dimension? Perhaps there is some way I can help? Do you know how the spell works? I am a rather powerful mage myself, perhaps I can conjure the spell."

Emerald says he has no idea how it works, and looks at the staff she is carrying. He asks if that's the focus she uses to cast spells.

"Oh this? No, just a representation of my office, and my connection to show my origins with Ponycare. Oh that's a charity organization we have here. Not sure if it exists in your dimension." Hope says graciously. "I don't require a focus to cast spells, actually."

Emerald contemplates how this is possible, and while he does he asks if she always floats.

"Oh yes, ever since my ascension to a Saint I've been unable to touch the floor. It can be a little annoying at times honestly." She says, laughing again.

Emerald says he is glad to meet her. He was afraid he'd be stuck with Hydrus.

"Ah yes, I heard you were captured by him. You are very lucky young one. Most people don't have as pleasant a time with Accusers as you did." She says a bit grimly. "But Larimar tells me you actually went to Joyride's and didn't run into her, and that you actually entered her home? What'd you see inside?"

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33573814
I don't want to give the wrong impression but as a apprentice to my joyride i do not feel comfortable divulging the privacy of another. Im sure you understand. I can tell you that nothing was taken and nothing was tampered with.
>>
>>33573814
How are you able to sleep at night if you continue floating?
>>
>>33573814
A empty jailcell. In my world that room was a regular bedroom. My bedroom.
>>
>>33573814
You never been in her home?
>>
>>33573838
Lets not lie about the stuff we saw since she might know what's in her house. We saw a jail cell and a creepy book.
>>
>>33573850
It's not a lie though. We did see a empty jail cell.
>>
>>33573857
At first, but she might know that there was something in it. Just drop the empty part.
>>
>>33573814
I... rather not say without speaking to Joyride first. it's her house and things. if she is as shy and quiet like you say I wouldn't want to betray her trust and privacy.

Y-you aren't going to send me back to Hydrus because of that are you?
>>
>>33573814
can we do a perception check to gauge on the intention of her question regarding what we saw in joy's house?
>>
>>33573814
I saw a demon locked and shackled in a cell sealed with magic and a book that was sealed shut. I didn't touch or tamper with either.
>>
>>33573814
>>33573857
the whole of the cell was the cell, event he parts we couldn't see.

Oh? Are we investigating joyride now? I don't know how she would feel about that, but I get the feeling the order doesn't care for privacy anyway.

Well, there was a talking book and a mimc of some kind, both of unknown nature and both fairly well trapped.
>>
>>33573960
>I saw a demon
did she actually say she was a demon?
We could just call her "something pony-shaped" otherwise.
>>
>>33573814
Are you investigating Joyride, Saint Hope?
>>
>>33574006>>33574001

fic confirmed she was a demon on his stream
>>
>>33574017
That's not relevant.
>>
>>33573826
support also ask her how can she take baths? can she move her legs? is it use full always having two hoofs free to hold stuff? also tell her of pony care in our dimension and historical differences we have noticed
>>
>>33573814
Mostly locked up demons.

Boring stuff sadly.
>>
>>33573814

>"Locked up demons sadly. Nothing interesting."
>"if your destroying ponies souls with dark magic to make yourselves more powerful your not above studying demons to get more power."
>>
>>33574272
Nehate this vote, changed my mind to the one above this post.
>>
>>33573814
>"Ah yes, I heard you were captured by him. You are very lucky young one. Most people don't have as pleasant a time with Accusers as you did." She says a bit grimly.

Would Hydrus really have tortured me? Do accusers really do that to foals?
>>
>>33573814
just a jail cell and a book room. why?
>>
>>33573814
Thank her for the removing the binding. it was hard to trot in them. the leather was snug though.
>>
>>33573814
Ask about arrowfixes. Do you really harness magic from folks placed on them to power your spells? how does that even work? is that something you and your choir have done to anypony?
>>
>>33573814
what seemed to be this dimension’s Aldehyde and then talking book. that’s not what was supposed to be in those rooms
>>
>>33573814
"I feel that even if this is a different Joyride, I should respect her as if I were her apprentice.
I don't think I should be the one to tell you about her personal secrets."
"Also if you held me would I float too?"

>>33573960
Everyone wants to tell the ORDER OF THE ARROW that Joyride WHO IS OUR ONLY HOPE OF ESCAPE is keeping demons in her home.
Grats guys I can't wait to get a bad ending.
>>
>>33574844
It's a really easy solution. We don't know it was a demon, so don't say it was a demon.

There's also a good chance that they already know what was in that room and we are currently being scoped out for demonic infection. "If he didn't take the deal, what reason do we have to lie about it?" they might say to themselves. Further, if joyride is under suspicion, do we want to get in trouble with her?
>>
>>33574844
support
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2 MB, 500x270)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>33574844
Oh yes. You'll float.
>>
>>33574507
Say this.

Then ask her about arrowfixes.
>>33573814
>>
>>33573814
when is the floating a problem? can’t you weight yourself down or tie yourself to the floor?
>>
>>33573814
Joyride did explain the portal spell to us at one point. Int check to see if we can remember the details, like how different universes feel like jelly and whatnot

Tell her Ponycare does exist in our universe
>>
File: 2090.png (289 KB, 640x600)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>33573826
>>33573832
>>33573838
>>33573843
>>33573857
>>33573872
>>33573939
>>33574272
>>33574142
>>33576405

Emerald asks if she has ever been in #304 Coursewalk.

"Unfortunately not. Joyride is rather protective of her home. Only her personal guard comes and goes regularly."

The colt says he found a creature in a jail cell as well as some sort of cursed book. Hope asks more about the creature, and Emerald describes it to the best of his ability.

"Hrm, sounds like a Vulnadaemon." Hope says, raising a hoof, causing one of the history books to float to her. As she flips through it Emerald does his best to ignore how silly it looks for a blindfolded mare to be reading a book.

As she does this Emerald asks how she can bath or sleep if she is floating the whole time.

"I rest on something that looks a bit like a net, except made of much softer material. The air is actually rather soft itself, so I don't really need it. As for washing myself I have to use showers. I can bath, but it requires a rather deep body of water." She says giggling again. "Did the book say anything? Did you get to read any of it?"

Emerald says the book was very obviously bad news so he didn't want to touch it. He then asks if there is a way to get her to stop floating.

"Not that we have figured out. We've tried weighing me down, but I'm not that strong myself, and the weight I can hold isn't enough to ground me."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33580286
joyride would probably have a really good reason to have them locked away at her home. some things in our joy's home was indistructable.
>>
>>33580286
joyride has a personal guard? are they like yours? is hydrus part of her guard?
>>
>>33580286
hmm i wonder if the amulet would solve her problem... Not that I want to draw attention to it right now.
>>
>>33580286
ask her what she plans on doing with us? are we to stay with her and her chior until we are allowed to speak to Joyride? Will we be allowed back out things?
>>
>>33580286
>sounds like a Vulnadaemon."

what are they? Could you explain?
>>
>>33580286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6ods0GoHY
>>
>>33580286
Thank her for releasing my bindings. the leather was snug but the rest was restrictive and uncomfortable.
>>
>>33580286
Ask her what she thinks is the reason for Joyride to keep these things inside her house. Also ask her what she thought of how calm and well behaved he was under these circumstances. I want to see Hope patting Emerald's head.
>>
>>33580286
Ask her how long has she known Joyride? are they friends?
>>
>>33580286
Ask if there's anything she's curious about our own world?
>>
>>33580634
>Also ask her what she thought of how calm and well behaved he was under these circumstances.
we're kinda being an annoying and transparent little manipulator and I don't see anything good coming from asking this. Best case scenario is that she bought the act, but what good does it do to hear her say it?
>>
>>33580797
Not really? I was suggesting to be transparnt about his intentions to be praised by Hope. There's nothing manipulative about being honest about your intentions.
>>
>>33580286
Let her know that Ponycare exists in our universe too.

Also int check to see if we can remember any details of Joyride's portal spell?
>>
>>33580994
>>33580286
boost!
>>
File: 2091.png (250 KB, 640x600)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>33580308
>>33580319
>>33580343
>>33580355

Emerald comments that he is sure Joyride had a good reason to keep them locked up. He mentions that the Joyride in his dimension has things like that.

The colt asks what a Vulnadaemon is.

"A terrible creature I dare not speak about. Even standing near it can cause the greatest of men to quiver. She can affect her visibility, all the way up to turning completely invisible. She can also summon demons that are little more than floating orbs of gnashing teeth." Hope says sighing.

The colt asks if he can get his things back, and what she plans to do now.

"Well, I don't think Joyride will be back until tomorrow, and I have no idea how to contact her while she is in her house. You can stay here for the night and I'll see if I can get Joyride to speak with you in the morning."

He then asks about Joyride's personal guard.

"Her name is Sunshine Sea, and is also a powerful mage." She say.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33581042
OH SHIT.
>>
>>33581042
>"A terrible creature I dare not speak about. Even standing near it can cause the greatest of men to quiver. She can affect her visibility, all the way up to turning completely invisible. She can also summon demons that are little more than floating orbs of gnashing teeth."

huh she didn't seem all that dangerous.
>>
>>33581042
boop the saint.
>>
>>33581042
happily tell her that we would be glad to spend the night with her.
>>
>>33581042
Comment that you are glad that Hope and Joyride are friends in this world too. Not everyone has been so lucky. What kind of activities do you two do together? Are you allowed to hit the bars?
>>
>>33581042
>Her name is Sunshine Sea..
Oh god this is turning out better than I hoped.
>>
>>33581042
What can you tell me about sunshine sea?
>>
>>33581042
"Spend the night huh?" Like ask it with some faux innocence, try and be subtle, but I want to gauge her reaction and see if this Hope is the same as our Hope. That could be worth knowing.
>>
>>33581042
certainly beats staying with Hydrus in the dungeon. Could I be shown where my quarters shall be?
>>
>>33581042
Ask if there's anything she's curious about our own world?
>>
>>33581042
What time is it? is there a place we could take a quick bath and a meal?
>>
>>33581042
Hope is gonna diddle this colt tonight innit?
>>
>>33581042
Lets just maybe not mention our crazy ill-founded and even more outlandish and unsubstantiated suspicions about sunshine to the floating inquisition-horse who's interviewing us for suspicion of domestic terrorism.
>>
>>33581042
does she have any more questions for us?
>>
>>33581042
Does SS have a boyfriend? Another guard perhaps?
>>
>>33581042
>>33581102
Boop. The. Saint.
>>
Act extremely surprised by that information and get a small tear in the eye.
>>
>>33581537
but we already knew sunshine sea was with Joyride in this timeline. Tourmaline told us.

Also you may want to hit the post number of the post so it could count as a response.
>>
>>33581584
Oops, sorry
>>
>>33581042
ask Hope what was it like becoming a saint? what does that mean exactly? How does the order determine who's a saint and who's not?
>>
>>33581042
Ask her if there's something she could despell on us. something that was uh... put on us. maybe your magic could remove it. is it okay if I told you about it without larimar being in the room?

maybe Hope's magic or love for foals can help remove the cockring.
>>
>>33581042
>Ah...
>Sunshine sea is dead in my world.
>Also possibly my mother.
>Examine ceiling.
>>
File: sensoria captcha.png (12 KB, 245x90)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>
>>33581042
>Her name is sunshine sea

Here we go lads, here comes the splash
Ask about Sunshine Sea.

Also, it's time to put the moves on this Catholicker. Ask her, very innocently, what spending the night would entail. Of course, we already know what Hope "I Like My Boys Before They" Blossoms is about, but I wanna see if we can't get a little bit of a reaction out of her.
>>
>emerald is shocked
>emerald realizes he already knew that
>emerald is not shocked anymore
>>
File: Spoiler Image (778 KB, 936x600)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
bump
>>
>>33581910
support
>>33581042
>>
>>33582066
LOL
>>
>>33581803
WE SHOULD ASK THIS LATER AFTER WE ARE FINISHED CRYING
>>
File: 2092.png (264 KB, 640x600)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>33582066

nice.

>>33581052
>>33581109
>>33581113
>>33581118
>>33581144
>>33581159
>>33581203
>>33581392
>>33582399
>>33583239

Now that the subject about Sunshine from this dimension, Emerald pounces on the subject. He asks her what Sunshine Sea is like.

"She's... Interesting. Urm, like I said she's a powerful mage. A bit of a... A mischevious joker would be the best way to put it. She is very brash and open."

"...and sometimes I wonder if she lacks a filter between her mouth and brain." Larimar says frankly. Hope frowns to Larimar, doesn't say that he is wrong.

There is a bit of an awkward silence after this, so Emerald comments he'll happily take her up on her offer to spend the night, wiggling her eyebrows at the mare. She chuckles softly again with a nod, and then motions to Larimar again and says, "Can you get things arranged later? See if we can get some proper bedding on one of the empty bunks."

Emerald asks the mare if she has any questions for him.

"Well I must admit the subject is rather fascinating. Please tell me all about your dimension." She says, folding her hooves on her lap and turning her blindfolded face to the colt.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33583455
Do as the Saint lady asked. We tell her EVERYTHING!

Except stuff we PROBABLY shouldn't mention.
>>
>>33583471
support also get exited and ask kind of the same question too her to just see how different this dimension is
>>
>>33583455
>I can't speak for my entire dimension...
>But I can tell you my own story. Most of it anyway.
>Start with escaping you parents and moving on to meeting your world's hope. Then go on from there. (Skip the demon and sex stuff. Also the stuff that's... Too personal. Joyrides history for example.)
>Actually do you have somewhere more comfortable we could sit? This might be a while.
>Interestingly it seems every dimension I went to has the order of the arrow in some form. Demons as well.

Oh shit is this hope not a pedo? Damn.
>>
>>33583561
If she asks about the "most of it" Part say this.

>I had to betray one of joyrides deepest secrets already. Mine, and likely yours as well.
>Please, don't ask me to betray her further.
>>
>>33583561
>>33583630
support
>>
>>33583455
Its not like she chose to keep her talent a secret on a whim.

Its DANGEROUS.
>>
>>33583455
well as long as i'm allowed to do the same.
>>
>>33583455
Well in my world witherwater is currently at war with the zebra. there was no Sepulcher. The deer are on good terms with Witherwater though are suffering from a population problem due to a curse. The Order of Arrow do not run any countries and have not overthrown the rulers of equestria. You still have your sight in my world hope and you don't float.
>>
>>33583455
>Please tell me all about your dimension.
The dear's whole population was cursed with infertility, leaving them unable to wage the war I've heard so much about. The curse was probably the result of the failure of whatever dark mage or group has successfully influenced them here.

Instead, we're fighting zebras, because we can never have enough unnecessary conflict, it seems. At the time when I was banished, joyride was in the middle of a competition with a demon which would determine if my whole home dimension gets invaded and conquered by demons, so hopefully that turned out well. The local pony upperclass seems to have been responsible for the demon outbreak, for reasons I haven't quite fathomed. A whole town near my... home was horribly mutated and brainwashed.

If it sounds horrifying, that's cause it kind of is. Most of the time, most places are just quiet collections of stone or wood buildings with people in them, which doesn't seem to mean that you can trust any of them. There's guards in about every town, and also an order of the arrow which is considerably weaker than the one here. The amount of influence an aristocrat can wield is... obnoxious, but there's generally enough firepower around that we can defend ourselves from random threats.

Almost everyone I've ever met was living in some kind of blindspot of exception to the law. Spies, litches, pedo's, criminals. I was learning about potions from a guy who was running an organisation filled with criminals who were too valuable to lock up. It's basically low-key forced labor in place of a proper jail sentence.

In a word, corrupt. The whole dimension teeters on the brink of annihilation, and it does it quietly and calmly and ignorantly, not with fields of brimstone and cults, but with bright forests and institutions.
>>
>>33583455
Joyride and you are good friends in my world. When I was found in the ruins by my hope she thought of sending me to Joyride to protect and train me. My hope is not part of the order and is not a mage. she is however one of the sweetiest mares i've ever known. She is part of ponycare.
>>
>>33583746
well written but let's not say this. makes our place sound worse than what it is.
>>
>>33583760
It's awful
we don't think about it much but it's really kinda terrible

more importantly, why would we want to make that hellhole sound good?
>>
>>33583765
>more importantly, why would we want to make that hellhole sound good?

because we are trying to be sent back there.
>>
>>33583455
it seems the group that attempted and failed to trigger the war between witherwater and the zebras here, succeed in my world. so much so that none of them have been exposed and the war is still going on.
>>
>>33583455
I haven't heard about arrowfixes in my world. they might exist but i've never seen or heard of one before arriving here.
>>
>>33583455
I met Larimar in my world. didn't get a chance to know him that much but he was there to protect you when demons invaded and took over the mining town east of here. I think he was a squire or something in training for the order.
>>
>>33583455
I never met the Sunshine Sea of my world. she broke up with Joyride and moved away.
>>
>>33583455
don't mention things that could incriminate anyone we know.
>>
>>33583852
nobody we know lives here
>>
>>33583926
do you really have the heart to tell her our joyride pimps us out and our hope is a pedo?
>>
>>33583940
>don't mention anything that incriminates anyone
is not the same as
>definitely tell her specific things which aren't her business
especially considering that avoiding incriminating anyone basically means telling her nothing at all.

We can tell the neutered versions of some stories, I just see no need to protect people other than ourselves, from a legal standpoint.

About hope, if she's a pedo she will have her suspicions when we tell her about meeting her in the ruins of a small village and tell her she's the one who introduced us to joyride. Probably also mention joyride adventures to find potion ingredients, as they do an ok job pointing the world in a ok light.
>>
>>33583807
support
>>
>>33583746
that actually makes sense its true even if we dont think about it
>>
GUYS
GUYS

I JUST REALIZED

POPE BLOSSOMS
>>
>>33584134
i dont get it
>>
>>33584134
i get it
>>
>>33583455
Let's tell her about her friendship with Joyride and how she works with Ponycar.
>>
So what does Hope’s voice sound like
>>
>>33585528
According to Ficfic, she sounds like Cream Heart from Button's Adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVCuDBoAqwA
>>
>>33583765
>more importantly, why would we want to make that hellhole sound good?

Because we wouldn't want to make it sound bad. Don't forget, we're asking for the Order's help to send us back to our dimension. If they have the power to travel through dimensions, then we certainly don't want to give out information that might motivate them to come with us.
>>
>>33583746
>In a word, corrupt. The whole dimension teeters on the brink of annihilation, and it does it quietly and calmly and ignorantly.

Reminds me of the current presidency

>>33583455

Tell her Ponycare exists in our world, as does the Order but it doesn't have quite as much influence.

The deer were defeated long ago and now relations between them and ponies are peaceful
>>
>>33586116
Oh shit

Was he ever asked about the voices of other characters? I know Joy sounds like Washu
>>
>>33586474
Emerald sounds like hideyoshi?
>>
File: 2093.png (431 KB, 640x600)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>33583471
>>33583520
>>33583561
>>33583630
>>33583634
>>33583720
>>33583746
>>33583756
>>33583760
>>33583765
>>33583852

Emerald starts telling her about the things he likes in his dimension. About Ruby, Joyride, Hope, and all the wonderful people he's met on the way. He does avoid a few subjects though, such as Lord Sepulcher and Lady Elegance. Emerald feels like Hope probably wouldn't like how friendly he was with them.

The colt then pauses. This train of thought reminds him of all the bad people he has met. The zebra sex trafficking ring, the various criminals and killers he's met, The Order, and perhaps worst of all his own step parents.

"Is something wrong, my dear child?" Hope says concerned.

Emerald shakes his head. He decides to change the subject, instead decides to talk about the dimension in general.

The colt says how there is a war against the zebra, and that the deer are actually on good terms with the rest of ponykind. He goes on to say that they have a population problem caused by a curse laid by the same deer that may be plaguing this dimension to this very day. He also mentions that the Order isn't nearly as powerful in his dimension, though still respected.

Because of all of this, almost everyone he's ever met was living in some kind of blind spot to the law. He was learning about potions from a guy who was running an organisation filled with criminals who were too valuable to lock up. It's basically low-key forced labor in place of a proper jail sentence.

In a word, corrupt. The whole dimension teeters on the brink of annihilation, and it does it quietly and calmly and ignorantly, not with fields of brimstone and cults, but with bright forests and institutions.

"I see... You certainly have been through a lot, haven't you?" Hope says, floating over to the colt and resting a hoof on his head. "If you'd like we can stop for now. Would you like to meet the rest of the choir? You've already met Larimar of course."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33587357
I want to cum inside the QM.
>>
>>33587357
Does that include Scout? Do we get to see Scout again? I want to see Scout again. Let's go see Scout again.
>>
>>33587357
Sure. But like all worlds there is good and there is bad. i'm sure you feel the same.
>>
>>33587357
yes we'd be happy to meet them all
>>
>>33587357
>"I see... You certainly have been through a lot, haven't you?"

yes i'm sure most of your colts have been through a lot as well.
>>
>>33587357
>You certainly have been through a lot, haven't you?
I somehow have the sheer gall to not think that most of the time.

Lets go talk to your guards, they're probably fun.
>>
>>33587357
do the choir stay with you at all times?
>>
>>33587357
on our way there what can you tell me about your world?
>>
>>33587357
>...Yeah.
>*Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly*
>I got out though.
>I'm learning magic, I'm safer than I have ever been.
>I don't have to worry about food or shelter, and I have somebody who loves me.
>*smirk* Even if they aren't very good at it.
>It's a lot better than not having any of that. Is what I'm saying.
>>
>>33587357
>corruption in bright forests and institutions.
>"I see... You certainly have been through a lot,

Wait a minute for it to sink in
maybe wait a few scenes to get the full effect
and notice, isn't it kinda funny, that the first thing we do is get them to ignore that little "undocumented" issue. The first thing we do is get joyride/hope to make an exception to the law for us. Corruption spreads fast.

Smirk, giggle, or just appreciate it quietly.

>>33587371
you heard the anon, getim emerald!
>>
>>33587357
during my stay here will anything be expected of me?
>>
>>33587524
We're not an exception. Yet. Were still a prisoner, albeit a well treated one.

You also can't say our circumstances arent... Unusual.

>>33587454
Say this, it's too funny not to.
>>
>>33587523
>>I got out though.
As the anon that was pushing for an honest description of how garbage our home is, I'm saying we can't say this.
Glorifying our escape from that place is not a good way to make people help us go back.
>>
>>33587357
How many are in your choir?
>>
>>33587357
We should say that we got someone we need to get back to, that no matter which dimension is better, we can't leave behind our friends. And that one of them might be a very lovely mare from ponycare.
>>
>>33585528
>>33586474
>>
File: kWO0QVF.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>33587785
Exfuckingscuse you here is Joy's proper voice
>>
File: ctf.png (49 KB, 614x642)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>33587357
>>
>>33587785
Larimar doesn't really work in my opinion, josuke's too cheerful
>>
File: 2094.png (298 KB, 640x600)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>33587381
>>33587407
>>33587438
>>33587443
>>33587454
>>33587493
>>33587498
>>33587523
>>33587524
>>33587527
>>33587538
>>33587606
>>33587619
>>33587730

Emearld says he'd like to meet everyone, and so Hope escorts him to the back room, which seems to be sleeping quarters. On the sides of the room are four bunk beds, two on each side. On the back wall is a large bed. It looks rather similar to Joyride's except more round than heart shaped. Nearby that are rooms which the colt thinks may be bathrooms.

Resting on some of the beds are four colts, all about as old as them. Two earth ponies, a pegasus, and a unicorn. The unicorn Larimar walks towards them and holds out a forehoof.

"This is Bristle." He says, motioning to a pegasus looking at him from the edge of the bed. The pegasus waves at him from behind one of the bunk's pillars.

"Heya, you are that colt that shot the cannon person." Bristle comments to Emerald.

"That is Rocky." Larimar says while pointing at the unicorn laying on the bed. He's a bit younger than the rest of them. He's holding some sort of bipedal doll.

"Hi..." He responds quietly.

Larimar then points to the only other pony he doesn't recognize, a rather cheerful looking earth pony. "And that's Prince."

"Nice to meet you." He says with a bow.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33588252
They are all so cute!

Happily greet them all.
>>
>>33588252
Bow to prince in return. Tell them that we are going to be staying with them for a day or so. What do you all do for fun?
>>
>>33588252
Jump on the big bed and call dibs. After we're told that i's Hopes bed, ask casually if anyone ever gets to sleep in Hope's bed.
Because I still suspect she's a lewdy. Which is kinda... Worrying given that little unicorn.

>The unicorn Larimar
heh
>>
>>33588252
Say thanks to Bristle. Say something along the lines of, “I don’t like to brag, but I like to think I’m a pretty good shot,”.

Ask about the doll, but don’t call it a doll in case he’s sensitive about it
>>
>>33587979
Is that a jojo reference? :P
>>
>>33588252
Boop them all!!

Tell them it's a greeting where you're from
>>
>>33588252
Gosh, I sure hope they don't all bully the new kid and make us do stuff for them. Perhaps all at the same time~
>>
>>33588252
Ask which bed is ours and if we can have our things back now.
>>
>>33588476
I don't know who you are but I certainly agree with your sentiment, anon.
>>
>>33588535
Thanks Liam
>>
>>33588252
Work that charm roll! Boost it!
>>
>>33588252
ask the story behind Prince’ name
>>
>>33588252
I don't have a preference for who to talk to first but we should probably try to talk to Rocky second, maybe he will have warmed to us once he sees we are normal, maybe not and we can try someone else than try him again.
>>
>>33588252
Hello, I will be your prisoner for the evening.
>>
>>33588252
Nice to meet you too.

So where are you all from?
>>
File: Foals CC2.png (293 KB, 640x600)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>33588252
>>
File: 2095.png (298 KB, 640x600)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>33590782

Noice.

>>33588342
>>33588364
>>33588392
>>33588532
>>33590486

Emerald greets them all warmly, bowing to each of them in turn, and asks what each of them does for fun here.

"Training, mostly." Larimar says.

"He said 'fun', Larimar." Scout says, reaching from the top bunk and trying to ruffle Larimar's hair, but the colt is too far away. "I like it when we get to swing around our club things."

"They aren't clubs they are-" Larimar starts, but Scout blows a raspberry. Larimar smirks and rolls his eyes.

"I like the flying practice." Bristle says proudly. "I'm the only one of us that can do that, at least right now."

"Yeah, you get to fly. Everyone else has to jog. I prefer the magic personally. It's much more... Refined." Prince says haughtily. "I think that's your favorite too, right Rocky?"

Rocky hops off the bed and walks over to Prince. He then says to Emerald, "Yeah... It's fun. It means I get to play with Johnathan.

"Johnathan is the doll." Prince says, seeing Emerald's confused face.

Emerald hadn't noticed it at first, but the doll is made of some sort of stone. It looks a lot like some of the statues in his step parent's castle, and those were made of Alabaster. Emerald asks where they are all from.

There is a short silence, and then Prince says, "...Most of us are from farms to the west. Usually because their towns were over run by rogue undead before the Order could destroy them. Rocky and I are from the north, though not from the same place. Deer got our..."

"Here, you can use the top bunk above mine." Larimar says changing the subject, motioning to the bed next to the one Rocky was sitting on.

"Hey, bed neighbors." Scout says, reaching over and patting the bed mentioned.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33591785
Hi bed neighbor. Ask if we'll be given a locker to put our belongings in.
>>
>>33591785
>Cool!

>I mostly do magic too actually.
>I was the one who shot the cannon the clown ponies were aiming at hope.

>I've mostly been traveling and learning magic really.
>>
>>33591785
club things? Is it a mace?
>>
>>33591785
hop on the bed and stretch out. is it comfy?
>>
>>33591785
I'm from the east of here. I lost my parents too.
>>
>>33591785
Bed Neighbors with Scout! Yes!
Maybe we can work towards bed roommates.
>>
>>33591785
Ask about the club things
>>
>>33591785
Ask them more about Hope and what's she's like to them.
>>
File: 2096.png (303 KB, 640x600)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>33591815
>>33591836
>>33591849
>>33591888
>>33591888
>>33592026

Emerald says he'll chat more in a second, he just wants to make sure there's a place he can put his things.

"Oh yeah, I'll just throw them in the wardrobe here." Larimar says, pointing to what appears to be a communal wardrobe. Emerald walks over with the other colt, and sees the thing is only full of more of their robes.

The colt returns and hops up onto the top bunk. It's pretty comfy. Emerald asks what Scout means by "club".

"Oh, this thing!" Scout says, reaching under his pillow and pulling out the stick with the Ponycare emblem on the end. "It's nice for thumping, but I also use it to cast magic.

"Yeah, we all have something like that." the pegasi colt says flying up to sit next to Scout. "I think they call them Focuses. We all have one except Rocky since he is a unicorn. He pretty much uses his doll like one though."

Emerald says that it's pretty cool they are learning magic. He is learning magic to, and says his focus is a book. In fact all the colt does is travel and learn magic basically.

"Nice! What sort of spells do you know? Teach us something!"

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33592339
Hmmmm...

>Depending on what they find interesting... Ask them if they would be interested in any of the above. Also demand tradsies.
>Levitate small rock (goat magic)
>Smoke screen
>Dweomeric shield
>Magic missle
>>
>>33592362
Smooooooooooke
>>
>>33592362
I'm a fan of sharing the goat one. It's foreign, and the kids might actually have the experience to appreciate it or maybe even identify what culture it is from, which might lead into more questions we can answer. I get the feeling emerald likes talking about himself. I also kinda suspect that goat magic works like potions magic, in that the result might vary greatly based on tiny finicky changes like with the explosion potion.
>>
>>33592339

>>33592362
>Demand Tradesies

A wonderful idea, knowledge for knowledge. Maybe we could get them to cough up a healing spell, since they’re clerics in training. That’d be SUPER useful, yeah?
But we should probably just ask for what they know.

>>33592378
I’m on board with this
>>
>>33592339
I say goat magic since it's something they probably don't know and magic sight.
>>
>>33592339
We absolutely shouldn't show them our necromancy, that would just be a terrible disaster.
I kind of want to see what kind of reactions we'd get though...
>>
>>33592339
>>33593225
Goat magic would probably be my choice too, it is not boring while also being safe in terms of not being flashing and drawing excess attention to our preferential treatment if we have to leave the dorm.
>>
>>33592339
I kinda wanna go with glamor. I just feel like the end result would be so hilarious!
I know Larimar knows a spell to check the last spell used by a focus. That kind of investigative spell sounds like it could come in handy for Emerald to learn in return.

Also I'm losing the will to return to our own dimension. This place is sounding nicer and nicer.
>>
>>33593225
>>33592339

Don't teach magic sight yet; they might see how corrupted emmy's little soul is
>>
>>33593821
We should at least let them know we are ok back in the other dimension
>>
>>33592339
Levitate small rocks and dwermic shield
>>
>>33593821
I'm not saying I would never want to return if it stays this nice but I have to agree with
>>33593865
That we probably need to get the problem sorted enough to at least send a message, can you imagine what would happen if the rescue mission involved sending our Ruby in first to scout?
>>
>>33592339
ask if they could teach us a spell in return too.
>>
>>33592339
tell them some of the place's we've visited such as the zebra lands.
>>
>>33595483
>>33592339
ask them what places they visited.
>>
>>33592339
Ask how long they've all been together?
>>
File: 2097.png (271 KB, 640x600)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>33592362
>>33592368
>>33592378
>>33592788
>>33593225
>>33593398
>>33593480
>>33595448

Emerald says he'll teach a spell, as long as they teach him one in return.

"Deal! You first!." Scout says, jumping down from the bed.. Emerald comes down, and they all gather to see what he'll do.

Emerald considers what he knows. Perhaps one of the goat spells? Or maybe Arcane sight? They may not know any goat spells, so that might work. The necromancy spell he knows is definitely out. The colt decides to start practical, and asks if they know Dwemeric Shield.

"Of course. We are bodyguards, after all." Larimar says.

Emerald thinks for a few more seconds, and they want to see a goat spell, which they seem interested in. Using some small rocks and a feather (donated from Bristle) he casts the levitate rocks spell.

They don't seem particularly impressed by it, but the fact that it uses spell components seems to interest them, and asks about the other goat spells he knows and what they use.

"Hmm... Well I can levitate rocks already. Crystallize sounds like it would be absolutely fabulous." Prince says, tapping his chin in thought with a grin.

"Got anything else? Something that is pony magic?" Bristle asks.

"Heh, mud tsunami? Sounds like what happens to me after I eat some-" Scout starts, but Larimar interrupts him and says. "What sort of spell were you interested in?"

Emerald asks if they know any heal spells. That'd be useful to him, and they are clerics of a sort.

"Unfortunately no. That's high level magic, and we aren't powerful enough yet." Bristle says sighing.

The colt then asks if he can learn that spell that Larimar used to identify the spell he casted last.

"Oh! That's easy." Scout says, asking for Emerald's focus, which he gives. "It goes like this."

He then demonstrates the spell and mentions each of the necessary motions, which looks like him little more than tapping the book.

"I know it doesn't look like much, but it's useful."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33595613
now teach them the glamor spell. these foals would have fun with that. then ask another in return.
>>
>>33595613
>huh, neat
>Keep slinging spells if they're interested.
>Were really just here to hang out. So...
>I dont know, mane styles?
>>
>>33595613
ask scout about his fangs.
>>
>>33595613
ask them what places they visited and how long have they all been together.
>>
>>33595613
We should ask them which magic types there are. Just to see if there's anything unique about the magic in their world compared to ours. The idea of picking up exclusive spells that only we will know once we're back home sounds pretty nice.
Oh ask if they have any movement spells. I know Joy has a neat speed jump, we shoulda asked to learn that before. We got no mobility!
>>33595662
+1 for this. The result would be worth it even with nothing in return.
>>
>>33595662
What does Glamor and Dwemeric Sheild do again
>>
>>33595753
glamor can create illusions of the face. dwerminc shield is a small force field.
>>
>>33595613
>mud tsunami
we
we can do that?
That sounds really strong, actually.
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28289633/#q28332129
latest stuff-list
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/25690903/#q25695610
Ah, these aren't spells we've ever tried to do or learn, they are spells that we once read the description and instructions for. I kinda feel like we should have to roll for int every time we try any of these, unless we've written them in our book
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/25690903/#q25694732
In this part, we read a bunch of spells that are more on our level, but we also don't get a description of them. I kinda want to assume that the joyride spell list also contained the history textbook spell list, but that isn't implied by what ficfic wrote here.
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/25690903/#q25698538
>Maybe he'll even go back and write down the ones that Joyride had in her spellbooks, and maybe even the potions he's learned as well!
Here is where he talks about maybe writing the spells down, but he hasn't actually done it yet.

We then get distracted with a hope-based pointless freak out and fail to ever write in our book. We don't appear have those spells written down.

So yeah, we should have to run an int-check every time we try to cast any of our other goat spells, at least until we cast correctly once and write our method down. I'm gonna look for a few more threads to see if we remembered.
>>
File: 2098.png (211 KB, 640x600)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>33596134

Emerald hasn't tried casting the spells, but he knows the theory behind them.

>>33595662
>>33595682
>>33595727
>>33595731
>>33595483
>>33595493

Emerald decides to show them the Glamour spell. Scout volunteers once the colt explains what it does.

"Okay, make me look super cool!" He says.

Emerald casts the spell and... Well, gives him rather large, adorable eyes.

"Me next, me next!" Prince says instantly, hopping up.

Emerald shows them how it works, and the colts have fun trying to work the spell effectively. Emerald instead practices the identification spell with each of them in turn.

Emerald asks about Scout's fangs.

"I dunno. They've always been like this for me. Maybe I'm part wolf?" He says, grinning, showing that he has a sharp canine on each side.

The colt then asks how long they've all been together.

"Hmm... Well I met Larimar, who was the only other Choir member before me. That was about two years ago."

Scout then pipes up and says "I came a bit after that I think? And then Prince and Rocky came together about half a year ago."

"Mmm, eight months or so yes." Prince responds smiling.

Emerald mentions the zebralands and other kinds of places he has visited, and asked how it was.

"We've been to the Zebralands too! Sort of. It was at the borders when we were discussing reinforcements for the north." Bristle replies.

"There were assassins there. Zebras with twin blades and scary potions." Rocky says.

"...We've also been up North, and very briefly on the sea." Larimar says, clearing trying to speed through the subject.

"There were assassins there too..." Rocky says.

"Yeah, but zebralands food was awesome! Those old goat preserves were pretty good too." Scout says interjecting.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33596346
ask about favorite foods and flowers
>>
>>33596346
What were the preserves like?
>>
>>33596134
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/25984187/#q25998105
Here, a few threads later, we return to the library and re-examine the stone spell. So, this means we hadn't "learned" any of those other spells in the list, whatever that means.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/26077971/#q26078053
here's the first casting, for reference regarding what we can expect out of this spell. I wonder what would happen if we used up a large rock to float small rocks instead. The floating also appeared to be somewhat automated, which is interesting. The spell needs more investigation.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/26506434/#q26544412
>Emerald opens his focus and writes down what he can about the push spell he just learned. Now it's completely up to date with the spells and potions he knows.
well, I fucking found it. god
This is the earliest mention of text written in the books, as far as I could tell, and we never actually went to the library and wrote anything down, and we also never lost track of emerald while he had access to the library, so this is either a plot hole or he just wrote down what he remembered without double checking.

>>33596346
>he knows the theory behind them.
Theory =/= a list of ingredients, especially regarding any potions our arrogant ass might have tried to just remember instead of transcribing.
If the information he has written in his book has a few mis-remembered bits of information, you can close the inconsistency up real neat and tidy. Basically, just have some spells be broken, whichever ones you want.
Or emerald is just that good I guess
>>
>>33596495
>>33596381
support
>>33596346
>>
>>33596346
>So did you guys try and fight off hopes attackers, "irresponsibly ignoring orders and putting yourselves in danger" too or does hope buy better locks than Joyride?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (76 KB, 388x350)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
bump
>>
While we are in what is effectively a safe environment, we might want o actually try one of our spells. We've been using some magic in the last week and might have the spare mana even after casting a single float-rock a glammor and a few identification spells. I'm thinking we try to turn the sand we just made back into a rock. Then again, pony magic is supposed to be taxing, so maybe we can get tired and the fit colts can tease our inferior endurance.

Or maybe we shouldn't try another spell until right before bed? Actually, yeah, stop pumping that pony magic and save for a bit. Just remember to do a sand to rock spell later.
>>
>>33597781
Support
>>
>>33596346
Scout has a cursed image now
>>
>>33596346
do assassins often go after hope? why would zebras be after here?

Do you often have to deal with assassins? I hard you dealt with a bandit attack awhile back. how did that go?
>>
Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
>>
>>33600796
About everything and nothing all at once.
I am one of those melodramatic fools neurotic to the bone no doubt about it.

>>33596346
Plant a kiss on Scout's cheek and tell him he looks cute.
>>
>>33596346
Ask them if they like us.
>>
File: DeltaRune_Edit.png (493 KB, 640x600)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>
>>33602626
>emerald isn't the gay goat
>>
>>33602641

>not wanting Emmy to be the one controlled by an obviously evil entity.
>>
>>33596346
what foods of zebra's did you really like?
>>
File: 2099.png (254 KB, 640x600)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>33596534

I see! Alright, we'll say he knows the ingredients and not how to cast the actual spell itself then.

>>33596381
>>33596495
>>33600796
>>33603716
>>33599015

Everyone continues to practice, and as they do Emerald asks what sort of food they like, and how the preserves were in Zebralands.

"Speaking of Zebralands. Remember those peanut tasting things? The ones that had lot's of spice? I think it was made of something called "seitan" or something." Bristle says.

"You mean Suya? That grilled stuff on a stick we bought from that street vendor? Don't even mention it, I want it again so bad..." Prince says sighing with a dreamy look in his eyes.

"...Remember the chin-chin stuff? That was good! So crunchy and sweet..." Rocky says, putting the same look on his face.

Emerald asks how they managed to fight off the assassins.

"Well, it wasn't so much us fighting off the assassins as us protecting Hope while she did all the offensive work. It kinda sucks." Scout says shrugging and sighing.

"She doesn't want us fighting if we can avoid it. If Hope says we aren't ready then we aren't ready yet." Larimar says to the wild looking colt.

"Speak for yourself, I've taken down full grown stallions before in fights." Scout replies, puffing out his chest. "Remember that one time I did that wolf thing? That was awesome."

"It was kinda cool..." Rocky says, having broken is food reverie.

Emerald asks how often they are attacked, and why zebras would want to attack Hope.

"I dunno. Probably the same reason some ponies want to, and nearly all deer. They think she is a threat for some reason. She is a pretty important pony to the Order of the Arrow after all." Bristle says.

"Probably demon worshipping scum." Larimar adds. "They all deserve whats coming to them."

All the other choir members nod or give agreeable noises to the colt's words.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33603894
>I see! Alright, we'll say he knows the ingredients and not how to cast the actual spell itself then.
what
why would we say that. I just got done arguing that 15 separate short lists of spell ingredients would be harder to remember and correctly write down than the spell theory. Are you saying that the theory is actually the hard part?
>>
>>33603894
>I see! Alright, we'll say he knows the ingredients and not how to cast the actual spell itself then.

I am confused.

>>33603894
hmm I tempted to ask them if they ever met demons or beings that clearly worshiped demons before. See how much of it is first hand experience and how much is bias/propaganda.
>>
>>33603894
what was the wolf thing?
>>
>>33603894
>"They all deserve whats coming to them."

And what is that?
>>
>>33603894
So emerald, I don't know how to argue this from your position because I don't know the history of your world right now, but lets say that someone wanted to start a war. Striking at the heros of a country might have that effect, no? And if the ponies stretch themselves thin, they will become easier and easier to attack, right?

And alliances would be stressed and broken over this too. Even if the ponies win, the country the ponies beat was probably the enemy of some other country who would get an advantage out of the situation. There's lots of profit in war too.
>>
>>33603956
>>33603979

Uh... Now I'm confused too. Ultimately what was the conclusion you wanted to make from

>>33596534

Just checking so we are all on the same page.
>>
>>33603894
Could there be some other reason why ponies don't like the order? What about that clown gang?
>>
>>33603894
So what are some places you all hope to visit some day? I was a bit curious what vanhoover or equestria looked like.
>>
>>33603894
ask what they think of hope? She's nice and pretty.
>>
>>33604065
oh boy my long posts come back to bite me

well, the main point of all the links and all the archive-diving was to find out under what conditions we wrote inside of the book.

I found no point between ruby stating "this book is empty" and the narration stating "now it's completely up to date with spells and potions he knows" where emerald either
1. was out of our site while also having access to the library
2. was in our sight while writing in his book
which means that there was never a chance for emerald to directly transcribe information from the library to the spell book. This means that emerald wrote all library spells into his book from memory, unless I somehow missed it.

THAT is the only real take-away from my reading, and it does not apply to the potions.

I then tried to argue that this means some of his spells should have slightly incorrect ingredients or instructions in them. I figured the instructions were generally simple and vague while the ingredients would be arbitrary and specific, so I argued that he would get one or two ingredients among 30 or so ingredients incorrect. But those are arguments of mine and I can just be wrong, especially if you were to word-of-god us and say something like "emerald knows the theory behind them." If you say he knows, then he knows. If you then go ahead and also say that he remembered every ingredient and instruction perfectly because he's an int+5 monster, that would simply become correct and my personal incredulity can go fuck itself.

In the mean time, I'm pointing out that emerald made a mistake which I think he should pay for. It wouldn't even come up until we try some more complicated spell anyway. You could even refuse to tell us if we have the right information and just keep the reasonable option to take a spell away from us in your back pocket for if you need it later.
>>
>>33603894
>Yeah, my step parents tried to sacrifice me to a demon.
>It sucked.

>Wolf thing?
>>
>>33603894
tell me about arrowfixes. how do they work?
>>
>>33603894
Seconding the arrowfix question. How do they produce energy? Do they really erase sins?
>>
File: 2100.png (311 KB, 640x600)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>33604005
>>33604012
>>33604109
>>33604132
>>33604085

Emerald asks what he means by "deserve what's coming to them."

"Usually death." Larimar responds.

Emerald asks what the wolf thing is.

"I got turned into a werepony for like, a week." Scout says.

Shocked, Emerald asks what happened.

"I got bit by a werepony or something once when were traveling west towards the zebralands. I got lose during a bandit attack and took a chunk out of someone's behind." Scout says, proudly. "There is a cure for it though so I just had to wait for them to brew it."

"Yeah, I guess they had problems with whole cults of the things. The recipe took forever to figure out." Larimar says.

Emerald asks if they have been to Equestria yet.

"No, but Hope wants to visit some day when it's a little more peaceful." Bristle says.

The colt then asks about Clown Gang he saw wanted posters of.

"They are just as bad as all the rest of them." Scout says, rolling his eyes.

Emerald then asks what they think of Hope.

"She's... She's the best." They all say, blushing slightly.

"Y-yeah..." They all say.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33604884
How is that puppet imagining things?

Also someponies have their crushes~
>>
>>33604884
Youll are treading on retarded ground again with these stupid evil questions.
>>
>>33604884
blush with them and ask what things they do for her outside of protection.
>>
>>33604884
>the rest of them.
rest of who?
are you saying the clown's are as bad as the deer and the assassins? Do they do assassinations?
>>
>>33604884
guess that explains the fangs. do you still turn into a wolf?
>>
>>33605061
does everyone? Is it just you and hope versus the whole world?
>>
>>33604884
>"I got bit by a werepony or something once when were traveling west towards the zebralands. I got lose during a bandit attack and took a chunk out of someone's behind." Scout says, proudly. "There is a cure for it though so I just had to wait for them to brew it."
>"Yeah, I guess they had problems with whole cults of the things. The recipe took forever to figure out." Larimar says.

what happen to the werepony that bit you? are they going to try to cure him too?
>>
>>33604884
Ask if the Order normally tries to cure wereponies or if Scout got special treatment being part of Hopes choir.
>>
>>33604884
ask if we can hear them sing a song. they are a choir after all.
>>
File: Thread_Header_XXXIII.png (336 KB, 640x600)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
We could be this soon...
>>
>>33605950
>>33606056
Both important questions
>>
>>33604884
>>33604919
I think I see where this is going...
>>
>>33606449
well hopefully without loosing an eye....
>>
>>33604884
What this guy said-
>>33604919
>>
We might want to stock up on tricks before something stupid comes crashing into our lives again. Basically, we should make our cheapest couple of potions.

Slippery potion is 2 bannanas, olive oil, and crushed ice. That's a silly amount of good. The banana has to be a Zebranana, whatever that is, but I expect it shouldn't be that hard to find in a country that is probably trading with the zebras. There are probably a few in the cafeteria for this place, unless this place has no kitchen, in which case the market is even more likely to have some.

Also investigate Starlight Potion, what does it do?
Tangle Potion preferably with wilting potion
Distraction Potion
and Coughing Itching Giggling or Yawning Potion.

Getting two of the breathing-altering potions at once seems... extra effective.

We probably won't be able to make these until someone trusts us with a vial or whatever else we need, but start hunting for ingredients. Maybe we can just use a bowl?
>>
>>33604884
>>33607164

Ask them if they have a library here.
>>
File: 2101.png (230 KB, 640x600)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>33604901
>>33604906
>>33605061
>>33605073
>>33605095
>>33605945
>>33607164
>>33608329
>>33606056

Emerald taunts them a little, saying it seems like they have a bit of a crush.

There is a little bit of an embarrassed pause.

"Hmph, w-well even if that was true, could you blame us?" Scout retorts.

Emerald says that he doesn't blame them in the slightest, that even in his dimension she is pretty awesome. The colt then asks what else they do beside guard here.

"We act as her assistants." Larimar says. "You know, running letters around, cooking, cleaning..."

The colt trails off, and Emerald feels like he left some things out.

Emerald asks who the "rest of them" Larimar was referring to when he was mentioning the Clown Gang.

"Anyone against the Order, of course. I'm not going to say it's us versus the world, but sometimes it feels that way." Larimar replies.

Emerald asks if Scout still turns into a wolf on occassion, and asks if they cure everyone who gets turned into wereponies.

"We cure those who deserve it. You know, the ones that DON'T go around spreading the disease." Scout says sighing. "Usually it's pretty easy to tell, because the ones that don't deserve the cure don't really want it."

Emerald asks if they ever sing since they are a choir.

"Of course!" They all say, some indignantly to Emerald, and others happily outloud.

Emerald then asks if they have a library, or even a potion making area. He wouldn't mind visiting both sort of places.

"Yes to both, but not here in the sleeping quarters, and you need special permission to use them." Larimar responds.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33608492
Well while i'm here I may seek the permission.
>>
>>33608492
Ask what it was like being a werepony.
>>
>>33608492
>Emerald asks if they ever sing since they are a choir.
>"Of course!" They all say, some indignantly to Emerald, and others happily outloud.

can we hear you sing later?
>>
>>33608492
relax in the bed. So you have any friends outside your circle?
>>
>>33608492
ask if they use it for study and education.
>>
>>33608492
let's look around. are we given our own choir uniform while we are here?
>>
>>33608492
let's check our bags to make sure all our stuff is still there.
>>
>>33608492
>We know almost as much alchemy as we do magic.
>Hope y'all sing later then.

>Is it getting late or should we go look around the castle with them?
>>
File: 2102.png (228 KB, 640x600)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>33608527
>>33608555
>>33608725
>>33608728
>>33608825
>>33608832
>>33608832
>>33608948

Emerald asks if he can have permission to use either the alchemy table or the library.

"Well... You'd need to put in a request, and that would take two or three days, longer than you are staying I imagine." Larimar says.

"Oh, going somewhere?" Prince says, looking to the colt.

Emerald isn't sure how much he should say, so mentions that he has business with Joyride, and after that he is probably leaving. The colt then asks if he can hear them sing sometime.

"Sure, we have choir practice later, after study." Larimar says.

Scout sighs, and then says, "We have a special guest today, can't we skip study lesson? All that stuff is boring."

"It's important, Scout." Larimar says glaring.

"Yeah yeah, I know... But it being important doesn't make it any less boring." He replies shrugging.

Emerald asks what it was like being a werepony.

"A lot like being a pony, except you have moer hair and you eat meat." Scout says. "Doesn't taste so bad, actually."

"Gross..." Rocky says.

Emerald then asks if they have any friends outside the choir.

"Well... No one who is our age. A lot of the people in the Order are nice though." Bristle says, chuckling.

Emerald asks if he could wear one of the choir robes.

"Hmm... You know, you look to be about my size, I bet you could fit into one of mine." Prince says, walking around the colt, examining his proportions. A few seconds later, and the colt is sitting in some nice, warm, white robes. Since this brings them over to the wardrobe, Emerald checks to see if his stuff is still there. As far as he can tell nothing was taken. Even better, it doesn't look like Larimar snuck one of those red bookmark tracking things in.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33609121
nice!

I still want to know what time it is.

I am not super sure what other group activities we can do?

And the people who are trying to get ourselves weapons/sensitive information are going to get us in trouble.
>>
>>33609121
ask what they are studying?
>>
>>33609121
Ask if this choir uniform makes our butt look big
>>
>>33609724
I support this its funny
>>
>>33609121
Ask what they study.
>>
>>33609121
So these foals protect Hope, but Hope tends to do all the fighting herself. Can they tell us how Hope fights? Does she use magic attacks? Use a weapon? Wrestle?
>>
>>33609121
it seems like larimar is in charge of the others.
>>
>>33609121
Thank prince for the clothes. Fits us well.
>>
>>33609121
Ask what they're interest or hobbies are. Any writers? Artists? Among them?
>>
File: 2103.png (309 KB, 640x600)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>33609138
>>33609194
>>33609724
>>33609802
>>33609831
>>33610739
>>33610848
>>33611280
>>33611283

Emerald asks if the robe makes his butt look big.

"Uh, no? I think?" Bristle says, cocking his head confused.

The colt then asks how Hope fights.

"It's a bit of a combination of some cool looking floating polearm fighting and magic. I'm not sure where she learned to do it." Larimar says.

"It's pretty cool looking..." Rocky says.

Emerald asks if Larimar is their leader. He seems like the one that is in charge a lot.

"I wouldn't say in charge, but he is about as old as Bristle and has been here longer, so everyone tends to listen to him." Prince says, putting a forearm on Larimar's shoulder.

Scout does the same, smiling wide and giving him a little shake.

The door that Emerald came through opens again, and Hope steps through.

Everyone greets her immediately, and after she greets them back she says, "Alright my choir, it's 2pm. Time for lessons. Will you be joining them, little one?"

She then looks to the small colt currently wearing robes.

Emerald asks what they will be studying.

"Art, History, Math, Writing... You know, the fundamentals." She responds.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33611737
>Sure, I'm absolutely certain I know 0 history though.

Are our math and writing skills even existent?
>>
>>33611737
Sounds interesting. Might learn more about how this world is different.
>>
>>33611799
Are you new here? We're a noble and we're a bookworm. So yes, we're educated.
>>
>>33611737
OH MY FUCK, LEARNING. GIVE ME.
>>
>>33611737
We might already know the math or language they are about to learn, but not the history. Alternatively, we might be way behind on the language and math, in which case learning might be real slow and almost pointless, but I'm sure trying would be fun. Just follow them out.
>>
>>33611799
>>33611844
>>33611851
>>33611960
LETS DO IT THERE IS ONLY YES
>>
>>33611737
Even if we weren't exceptionally bookish it is probably a bit soon to be getting up to mischief assume we wouldn't be confined to the dorm.
>>
>>33611737
Of course Blossoms-Sensei
>>
>>33611799
>>33611971
Are you guys for real? This is Emerald we're talking about here.

>>33611737
Try not to cream your new robe. Calmly say you would like to join in. And then, prepare, to impress the fuck out of Hope!
>>
>>33611737
Yes yes yes!
>>
File: 2104.png (211 KB, 640x600)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>33611799
>>33611844
>>33611851
>>33611960
>>33611971
>>33611972
>>33612639
>>33612849
>>33612994
>>33613543

Emerald enthusiastically says he'll join them. The choir and Emerald follow Hope like baby ducks until they get out to the barracks on the bottom floor. There on covered piece of the field some desks have been placed, and everyone takes a seat. Emerald of course does not have the textbooks, so has to borrow others.

Emerald is ahead of the curve on most of the subjects, which makes him rather proud, and seems to surprise Hope as well since he volunteers to answer many questions.

The only one he has to pay particular attention to is history since it's different from his own, and he didn't know much about Whitherwater in the first place.

Today they seem to be speaking about a place to the south called Golden Oats.

"In the past, the town was where many a pony from Whitherwater would go to relax and enjoy the outdoors while still having many luxuries." Hope says. "However this indulgence was ultimately the town's downfall."

She then tells them to flip to a page, where several well dressed ponies are standing in a line, all of them posing imperiously outside a nice looking cabin. In the middle is a light blue mare with a long, silky black mane and a haughty look.

"In the middle you'll see a mare by the name of Breezy Wheat. She fell to some demons and cultists of avarice and excess. In a week long companion, the place was razed, and is being rebuilt to be a proper pony city." Hope continues.

"The Mammonite demon cult was the one Breezy Wheat ultimately joined, and luckily we got to them before higher levels demons were summoned. It was mostly succubi, locust demons, stuprumdaemons, though there were a few who were there for the fun."

"What higher level demon were they trying to summon?" Larimar asks.

"A crutatudaemon. A demon of torture. A very high ranking demon, and one that you don't want to mess with." Hope says, warningly.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33615329
Ask what happened to the ponies in the town?
>>
>>33615329
So what became of breezy wheat?
>>
>>33615329
So how is it this mare fell into this cult?
>>
>>33615329
What are the mammoites?
>>
>>33615329
How long ago was this?
>>
>>33615329
ask about locust and stuprumdaemons.
>>
>>33615329
What kind of entertainment are we talking about here? What happened to the ponies?
>>
>>33615329
So how do you fight a succubus?
>>
>>33615329
A demon of torturer? What do the accusers do with those? Ask for pointers?
>>
>>33615329
Ask her which demon has been the biggest threat to this world. (I wonder if Discord counts as a demon, and there is only 1 version of each demon, does that mean he only affected our dimension?)
>>
>>33615329

ask about the history of the war with the deer
>>
File: 2105.png (264 KB, 640x600)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>33615379
>>33615383
>>33615419
>>33615561
>>33615468
>>33615697
>>33615833
>>33615978

Emerald raises his hoof and asks what happened to the ponies in town.

"The good ones were killed off early, or used as sacrifices for their evil acts.the rest when we arrived. Breezy Wheat and some of the higher ups of her group were put on trial and died at the Arrowfix." Hope responds happily.

The colt then questions further, asking how she fell to the cult.

"The same way fools always do. Promises of power or wealth beyond their imagining. In this cause, I believe it was the promises of pleasure unknown and unheard of." Hope replies to Emerald.

"Are these Mammonite people still around?" Bristle asks.

"Yes, but they as far as we know there aren't any active groups near the Whitherwater area, and hopefully it will stay that way." Hope says gravely.

"So how do we fight these demons? The ones you mentioned? The succubi and the strump-demons or whatever. And what about the one they were trying to summon? Croo-tia demon or whatever." Scout asks.

"Succubi, Locust demon, and stuprumdaemons will die pretty easily to Order weaponry, as they are lower tier demons and have no real resistance to them. Succubi usually look like mares with bat-like wings and horns like a goat. They can charm you, so best to deal with them without speaking to them."

"Locust demons look a bit like a pony sized bi-pedal insect with a stinger. can fly and have deadly poison, and attack in swarms of six to seven. Their exoskeletons can be pretty tough vs. magic, but our general issue crossbows pierce them just fine."

"Stuprumdaemons... Well, they look a bit like the succubi i mentioned, but they can look like either gender, are huge, red, and lack wings. They don't have any particular special abilities, other than summoning more of their kind."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33615329
>Stuprumdemon

Isn’t that just a very direct incubus?
>>
>>33616296
Ask about arrowfixes. How exactly do they work? How do they purge the pony and how does that power order magic?
>>
>>33616296
>pleasure unknown and unheard of.
Poker face. Poker face. Totally not the vice that'd get us more likely than not.
>>
>>33616296
Ask a bit more about Locust Demons. I don't think the ones we found at our Step-parents castle had wings. And their poison was not deadly. But were they related? They seemed to also be killable with basic methods unlike other demons so... Is there like a subclass of demons they fit into?
>>
>>33616329
As tempting as it might be as an idea, we're already a bit wise to their "promises" categorically. The best they could manage would to distract us. I think knowledge is the bait that hooks us. Knowledge and sweetness. The assassin demon could end us real quick.
>>
>>33616296
>>33616417
>>33616329
Untold sexual freedom and pleasure hasnt really improved joyrides life much.

Its... fun, but meeting new ponies is probably the best part of our travels.

>"Stuprumdaemons... Well, they look a bit like the succubi i mentioned, but they can look like either gender, are huge, red, and lack wings. They don't have any particular special abilities, other than summoning more of their kind."

So I can assume there are some pretty large restrictions on this ability. Seeing as we arent currently being overrun by a tidal wave of demons.

>>33616417
That book totally failed though.

>>33616304
Dont say this.
>>
>>33616452
the book offered power mostly, didn't it? We also didn't really believe it had any knowledge we cared about. That's an issue of approach, where if it had not led in with it's desperation it might have been able to talk to us for long enough to find something more exploitable or open to manipulation. But I suppose that applies to other demons too. After all, we do have a succubus for a companion on way or another.
>>
>>33616503
What knowledge would we consider tempting?

Thats an interesting thought experiment actually.

What would a demon offer you that you would actually want?
>>
>>33616296
Scout asking the importantant questions about defeating the strumpet demons in croatia-demon-land.
Stuprumdaemons are all the big red-. I mean green anons calling >rape
>>
>>33616537
Calculus.
The offer itself would confuse us enough that we would have the opportunity to leave from being weirder out, but why would we?
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>33616296
Ask about the arrowfixes, please.
>>
File: 2106.png (283 KB, 640x600)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>33616304
>>33616310
>>33616329
>>33616353
>>33616550
>>33616722

Emerald makes his best poker face to ignore Hope talking about pleasures unheard and unknown. He bets he knows what that means, considering the type of demons Hope mentioned. He hadn't heard of Stuprudemons before, and wonders if they are just very direct succubi and incubi. The colt asks how the summoning of other demons works, and if the Stuprudemon can do it as much as he wants.

"Yes, Stuprudemons are odd in the fact that they can summon more of their own kind directly rather than weaker lesser intelligent demons. However they can only do it so many times a day, and in addition no one may answer their summons. You also have to remember that demons are greedy, and they won't necessarily be loyal to the one who summoned them, or may want payment before helping." Hope explains.

"Imagine how scary demons would be if they got along with each other..." Rocky says scared.

Emerald then says he think he may have seen a locust demon before, speaking about the pony-sized, stinger-mouthed things that chased him when he ran from home.

"Ah, those are Sanguitoids. They are lower class demons as well, but they are very near the bottom while locust demons are more towards the middle... Err... Middle of the low tier." She explains a little unhelpfully. "Uh, Err... Also, their poison is far less deadly. It's just meant to disarm the demon's prey while it feeds. They don't have wings, and locust demons have a heavier, more insect like exoskeleton." The teacher remarks.

Emerald asks how the arrowfix works.

"It's a sort of collapsible execution device. It has chains and restraints for the legs, and after someone is put in it and a command word is spoken it begins purging the pony of evil. This holy indignation let's off etheric energy that can be used by the Order to power their magical ability." Hope explains.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33619146
>it begins purging the pony of evil.

How Saint Hope?

>This holy indignation let's off etheric energy that can be used by the Order to power their magical ability."

again how? Is it their lifeforce you are harnessing?
>>
>>33619156
>harvesting lifeforce
inb4 the Order are the real demons all along
>>
>>33619146
>purging the pony of evil
>>33616296
>some of the higher ups died at the Arrowfix

So does this Arrowfix just completely burn up their souls for mana, or is it possible to survive if there's not too much evil to burn out?
>>
>>33619146
>That sounds... highly improbable?
>You probably shouldn't point that out unless you want to be arrowfixed however.
>>
>>33619146
Just sounds like you are draining there magic/lifeforce/soul then using it up as fuel
>>
>>33619146
who invented the arrowfix? What becomes of the pony that is purged of evil? Do they uh... all die?
>>
>>33619156
I think this is to direct. Instead, ask what "evil" is that it can be torn from a pony. Is it a kind of magical taint that can be burned as fuel? If so, does that make it valuable?
Is it willpower? If so, doesn't this mean the basis of all of reality is our ability to insist that things are real, and that nothing is real if our souls don't agree with it? Does this mean the arrowfix somehow tricks the soul into converting all it's influence into raw mana?
What in a pony is, ultimately, the enemy you pursue?
>>
>>33619146
So what is the evil that the arrowfix can seek out and purge? How is it converted into raw magic?
>>
>>33619146
Have you ever used one Saint Hope?
>>
>>33619146
Can I see one?
>>
>>33619146
What does it feel like? How do you know the ponies are good before they die? Can a pony be partially purged but not all the way?
>>
>>33619635
Don't go see one.

>>33619263
I second this. Have Emerald say he is interested on knowing how the process works for educational purposes. Ask more details about what the evil purging is and how the etheric energy is produced.
>>
File: 2107.png (291 KB, 640x600)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>33619156
>>33619263
>>33619293
>>33619289
>>33619293
>>33619300
>>33619312
>>33619477
>>33619635
>>33619672
>>33619759

Emerald asks if it's the life force of the prisoners they are harnessing.

"No, no... The purging process simply gives off etheric energy. They have a strong demonic taint on them after all. The only way they'll pass into Celestia's grace is if it's burnt out of them by the cleansing flame." Hope says, waving away the question.

Emerald asks if it's burning away at their souls.

"Only as much as it needs too." Hope remarks. "Anyway, let's move on."

The colt then asks if they always die.

"Yes, of course they do. It's the only way to truly prove they have been cleansed." Hope says happily.

Emerald asks if she's ever used one.

"Yes of course. Didn't you see them when you were lead in? We have them all over the courtyard." She says, motioning in the direction of the entrance.

The colt asks if they can be partially purged but not all the way.

"Nope. They are completely cleansed. In fact, that's why we use them for the magical energy. If they are left on the arrowfix to themselves it could take weeks for them to die." Hope says, charitably.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33620133
I'm sorry for so many questions Saint Hope but could you explain what etheric energy is exactly?
>>
>>33620133
Stop questioning the party line you IDIOTS.

We JUST go put of jail. DONT LAND US BACK IN
>>
>>33620133
>The only way they'll pass into Celestia's grace
Is Celestia dead in this dimension??
>>
>>33620133
We've asked enough questions for now. These are lessons for the choir, not us. We should ask if there's any way we can get a book on some of this stuff so we can figure it out for ourself instead.
>>
>>33620133
>Hope says happily

Yeesh. Mayhap we should leave seduction off the table? It’s possibly those jokes and rumors were just jokes and rumors. I mean, look at Joy in this universe. She’s clearly not exactly the same plucky gypsy sex fiend she is back at home. It’s possible Hope no longer hungers for little boy buttcheeks, at least not in the same way. If we try anything, we could actually die.

That aside, though. Listen to more of the lecture.
>>
>>33620133
>they cannot be partially cleansed
>They have to die as proof they have been cleansed
Does this mean that no energy is created until the point where they are cleansed all at once?
Or is the energy output occurring despite no cleansing occurring?
Or do you mean that burning demonic taint is not the same as cleansing?

If you cleanse a person with no demonic exposure, is there no effect?
>>
>>33620133
>Drop this line of questioning with extreme aplomb.
>>
>>33620133
I think we should apologize for detracting from Hope’s lesson and ask for more info later after she is done teaching.
>>
>>33620133
"Will there be a quiz on this later?"
>>
>>33620133
thank her for the answers and allow her to continue.
>>
>>33619263
>>33620133
>>33620314

So if somepony is put on an arrowfix who has a pure soul do they still die? Is that what happened to Hope?
>>
>>33621287
make sure to add the second part of this question in order to feign ignorance of possible goings on here
>>
>>33620133
Apologize for interrupting the person and move on.
>>
>>33620133
Damn, they juice them to death, that's intense
>>
>>33620133
Are arrowfixes the only forms of executions/punishment the order applies?
>>
>>33620133
How are the other students reacting to our line of questioning? We should make it clear to them that we don’t have these things where we come from and that they are completely foreign to us.
>>
>>33620133
No we did not see them in the courtyard.

So with the etheric energy what spells could you perform with that? As someone learning magic i'd like to know.
>>
>>33621292
>feign
we ARE ignorant
>>
File: 2108.png (223 KB, 640x600)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>33620157
>>33620166
>>33620170
>>33620236
>>33620236
>>33620258
>>33620314
>>33620430
>>33620639
>>33620869
>>33620872
>>33621287
>>33621292
>>33621677
>>33622595
>>33622649
>>33622652

Emerald still has questions about Arrowfixes, but he notices that no one is really catching his eye. Hope doesn't really seem perturbed by the conversation, though the colt is a bit concerned how easily she has the conversation.

Emerald thanks the mare for answering his questions while apologizing, and asks her to please continue with her lesson.

"It's not a problem at all my dear. I'm glad you are excited about punishing evildoers. Don't worry, in time you'll all grow up into strapping young Order soldiers."

"Will Johnathan grow up too?" Rocky asks.

"Well no, but we can make him bigger as you grow stronger." Hope says smiling.

The lessons end pretty soon after that, and Hope has to excuse herself to do Order work. She tells them to have some fun training on the field, but to be back for meal time.

Emerald looks around. Prince and Rocky are speaking, and they seem to be talking about his doll. Scout is watching some nearby sparring soldiers, and Bristle is doing the same thing except he is copying the Order members in the sky.

"How are you holding up?" Larimar says, walking up to him.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33622710
Doing alright. we've never been in a class like this before. that town wasn't destroyed in my world though Trotton was destroyed.
>>
>>33622710
I'm okay you and your friends and hope is really nice but.... these arrowfix's they sound... cruel and harsh. How can ponies be sure that no innocent ponies get put on such a thing. Hydrus could've put me on something like that if it wasn't for you....
>>
>>33622710
Thank larimar again for standing up for emerald when Hydrus brought him in
>>
>>33622710
Ask how long he expects it to be before the choir members are considered grown.
>>
>>33622766
>these arrowfix's they sound... cruel and harsh
ok stop
why in gods name do we care? We are currently harboring someone that burned two people alive and ate their soul for it's power, so what is this sudden concern? I understand and support the curiosity as to what this thing even is, but we sound like a political reporter. The only motivation I can see for stressing the cruelty angle so hard is to spread doubt into the choir and we can't be so transparent about doing that. For that matter, we shouldn't even be doing that. We have no reason to weaken the resolve of hope's defenders.

Just act happy to be here, because we are. This is a neat experience.
>>
>>33622710
i'm doing well. learning about the history was great. what do you think of it? are most of her classes like that?
>>
>>33622710
thank him for welcoming me to his group of friends. what did he think of the class and my questions? What's some of the homework like?
>>
“Slaughtering ponies so casually makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Dehumanisation(ponisation?) is a serious thing...”
>>
>>33622963
don't forget to click the post number so it can count as a response.
>>
>>33622710
We're glad to feel so welcomed.
>>
>>33622710
Whoever is harping on this arrowfix thing PLEASE stop.

>Pretty good.
>Go ask rocky about Jonathan

Golemancy all teh way.
>>
>>33622710
Whoops. Reposting so Anonpone doesn’t have a fit.

“Slaughtering ponies so casually makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Dehumanisation(ponisation?) is a serious thing...”
>>
>>33622766
>>33622963
>>33623073
>Infiltrate their organization and start questioning their methods to their young
Stop trying to make us look like a rebel agent, they're going to see right through that.
>>
>>33623082
Stating our personal feelings on the issue isn’t exactly rebelling; he is asking us how we’re holding up, after all, and we are new to this world so it’s undefstandable that we’d be uncomfortable or feel out of place.
>>
>>33622710
doing okay. ponies back home often don't happily talk about executions. how are you?
>>
>>33622710
since we are in the courtyard let's take a look at the arrowfixes.
>>
>>33622710
the other foals are great. Rocky is adorable. Scout and Prince seem fun too.
>>
>>33622710
ask him what's he getting ready to do.
>>
>>33622710
let's take the chance to read some of the order textbook. Ask what other material larimar has.
>>
File: 2109.png (321 KB, 640x600)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>33622761
>>33622766
>>33622786
>>33622792
>>33622844
>>33622876
>>33622978
>>33623050
>>33623130

Emerald thanks Larimar from saving him from torture by Hydrus. He never realized they his end might have been on the front of an arrowfix.

"Oh. Yes, of course. Your story deserved some attention since you helped Hope when she was attacked." Larimar says with a nod. "It is good tidings that the story was true, considering how odd it is."

Emerald mentions that in his dimension demons destroyed Trotton rather than Golden Oats.

"I see... That is a shame. Our Trotton is a pleasant place. A workhorse of a mining operation, yet still rather picturesque." Larimar says. Emerald can't comment on the city himself since he has never been there. He thinks he remembers someone saying it's a resort too.

Emerald asks when they'll be considered fully grown by choir standards.

"I don't know, since it hasn't happened yet. I suppose it's all up to the Saint. I'm assuming we'd need cutie marks at the very least." Larimar says thinking.

Emerald does his best not to sound worried and asks if they always talk about death so much and so casually.

"Well... It's war. It kind of comes up a lot." Larimar says motioning to the other foals. "All of us are war orphans for instance. I can assume something similar happened to you, since you were looking for your 'aunt' and not your parents. Don't worry, we all have our own stories and I won't ask."

Changing the subject, Emerald asks about Rocky's doll.

"It's not a form of magic I am familiar with. He can focus his power into the doll and it moves. Hope says when he gets older he'll be able to control multiple larger dolls all at once." Larimar says shrugging. "Imagine a doll like that but covered in nothing but thick plates of shielding. It'd be like a mobile wall. Perfect for protection."

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33623523
>Its not quite telekinesis I take it?

>Im pretty jelly, thats cutie mark material for sure.
>On top of that its just...
>It looks like hes having fun ya know?
>>
>>33623523
>gain ability to generate disposable soldiers executing automated actions
>we could even make a guy in armor! WoW!
That's small thinking, larmar. Just think of a small army of small, light-weight automation with a single shiv each, either skittering about or flying. Think of a few tripods with a dexterous hand each all prepping and mixing custom-ordered potions on a battlefield. If you really want defense, just enchant a single great plate of metal to stay between you and the enemy, perhaps with a weapon on a chain.

What are you good at? I'm betting a dagger.
>>
>>33623523
heh, were already acting like old ponies.

We see a foal playing with a giant toy and we're thinking of better ways to bend them towards war.
>>
>>33623523
what do you think your cutie mark will be someday? I'm not sure what mine will be.
>>
>>33623523
Ask what languages he knows and if he’s ever met a deer. He said earlier that not all of them are on the demon’s side.
>>
>>33623554
Support
>>33623577
Think it but dont mention it
also i really want this magic its so cool and would work nicely with our bone shaping and all the enchantments you could lay on one
>>
>>33624175
There's basically no way it isn't cutie mark dependent at any higher level, either through complexity limits based on how much we have to split our focus or mana limits based on inefficiencies in convincing the constructs to use their mana conservatively yet effectively.

Forming a golem itself doesn't seem impossible though, and might be sustainable if proper supplies are used, probably meaning some kind of mana-battery. Best case scenario, you make a potion that can just be applied to an object to supply the object with mana for a bit without many mana-sickness issues. That might overwrite/erase the construct's programming over time though, or any number of goofy things we can think of.
>>
>>33623523
So what would larimar like to do? Practice or play?
>>
>>33623523
I wonder. Do you think one could get demons to fight other demons? They seem to be a jealous lot.
>>
>>33623523
Thank him for understanding about our past.
>>
File: 2110.png (264 KB, 640x600)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>33623554
>>33623577
>>33623609
>>33623652
>>33623785
>>33624191
>>33625609
>>33626077
>>33626093

Emerald says he thought Rocky was just using telekinesis to make the doll to move.

"No, it's something more complicated than that apparently. You can tell in the way it moves. He's far too articulate with it I guess. I guess he has some sort of bond with the thing. Hope would know more about it." He says shrugging.

Emerald says that instead of using it for guard duty, the giant doll army could be equipped with all sorts of weapons and used as disposable troops.

"True. I suppose some of them could be repurposed for that. I would hope most would be used for the defense of the Saint though." Larimar says, frowning slightly.

Emerald asks what he languages he knows.

"Just pony. We are going to get a language tutor soon I guess. Hope says we need to start learning Deer and Zebra, as well as some more ancient dead languages since a lot of them are wrapped up in demon worship." Larimar says nodding.

Emerald asks if demons ever fight other demons.

"Of course, all the time. A lot of their goals are mutually exclusive after all." Larimar responds.

Emerald asks what he thinks his cutie mark will be.

"I'm not sure. What do you think mine will be, out of curiosity? I've noticed that ponies never see their own talents. I bet Prince's will be magic of some kind, probably light magic. Rocky's will involve his odd version of magic... Maybe it'll be his doll? Bristle, Scout, and myself though I'm not sure. That's part of the reason I'm asking." Larimar says, looking to the colt.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33626148
Well both the larimar that i know and you are both protective of hope and sure of your actions. I'd imagine that It'd be a sword or shield of some kind. Maybe some mark of bravery or dedication
>>
>>33624191
You're overthinking things. We should treat them more like how you'd design a vehicle. Able to run on their own. If it can self-power through some fuel system, solar energy, a big-ass wind-up key, unicorn slave trapped inside, or something, it'd not need to be constantly fed our magic, probably. Also I don't think constructs need to worry about potion sickness.

>>33626148
However I am wondering how Rocky has bonded to it. If it had it's limbs removed would Rocky still be able to control them all, or is there a center? And does it rely on runes? Also, the question of how draining it is on mana is worth asking.
>>
>>33626148
I've seen two of you, and both of you were doing the same thing. In the other world, hope isn't a saint, yet you still ended up a member of the order guarding her alone in the ruins of a demon-mutated town, at least until I found you. I don't think it's about hope, though, because that isn't all you did over there. You mostly adventured with uictoria and her group, learning as you went. I notice something about you, you get separated often. You have a group, but end up working alone and rejoining later, a single self-sufficient unit. Even right now, you came over here alone, right?

Something reflecting that singular nature, despite having a team and mission to carry, if I had to guess. Maybe a vertical line? Naw, that's not quite enough.
>>
>>33626148
>Emerald asks if demons ever fight other demons.
>"Of course, all the time. A lot of their goals are mutually exclusive after all." Larimar responds.

Thank a pony could harness demons to fight other demons?
>>
>>33626148
what do you think my cutie mark could be?
>>
>>33626148
you know I know some deer and zebra. I could teach you some of it.
>>
>>33626148
All two versions of you have a real set of stones, so I can see it having to do with some form of heroism or valor, perhaps something to do with soldiering. I’ve never seen you back down from anything.

You actually rushed my Joy once, and even managed to catch her off guard! I mean, you were still hopelessly outmatched, but still. I was impressed. Joy isn’t exactly someone you’d ever want to go up against.

God, I miss her. I hope she’s doing well. I don’t think she knows I’m okay.
>>
>>33626148
offer to teach him some deer and zebra.
>>
>>33626148
Ask what the dead languages are and offer to teach him some of the ones we know. Ask why it was important to him to use the dolls defensively.
>>
>>33626148
>Don't ask about using demons to fight other demons.

One of the anons has betrayed the hive mind. They aim to get us killed.

>Probably something shieldy. Your desire to protect hope takes up so much of your heart and kind I can't imagine it isn't a part of your nature.
>What about moi? Any guesses?
>>
>>33626329
>>33626148
Don't mention the other dimensions~
>>
>>33626869
why?

>>33626864
>Don't ask about using demons to fight other demons.
agree
the answer to this one is obvious anyway. Demons are already fighting demons. The goal isn't to kill all the demons because you can never kill all the demons. The goal is to get them to stop being in your world. If you start a demon civil war in your world, that just means more demons with more interest in your world for egotistical reasons, as well as an endless list of deals agreeing to the lesser of two evils until eventually both mortal sides of the conflict are totally owned.
>>
>>33626869
We’ve already mentioned another dimension. Any future mentions of another dimension cannot cause any dissension.
>>
File: 2111.png (210 KB, 640x600)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>33626183
>>33626214
>>33626261
>>33626265
>>33626299
>>33626299
>>33626329
>>33626332
>>33626864
>>33626893

Emerald says he seems like a good protector. Maybe it'll be a sword and shield. Something knightly. In his dimension he is rather similar, though much more... Alone he supposes.

"A shield, huh...?" Larimar says, smiling at a thought he seems to be having. He then thinks harder and continues. "As for you... I'm not so sure what yours would be. You seem to be a bit of an adventurer, maybe something involving that? You seem pretty smart as well, considering how lessons went."

Emerald then asks how Rocky's doll even works. Does it have a power source or runes or something?

"I'm not sure exactly. He came with it. Now that you mention it though, Hope has asked Rocky to borrow the doll for examination several times." Larimar says. "I never really asked Rocky about it though."

Emerald and Larimar get into a bit of a conversation about deer and zebra language. He teaches him a few words, and then their conversation lapses into talk about using demons to fight other demons.

"it's not wise to interact with demons at all. Just destroy them and be done with it." Larimar says, squinting suspiciously at the colt.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33628726
WHAT THE FUCK!

I SPECIFICALLY ASKED NOT TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT THAT!!!
>>
>>33628726
>"it's not wise to interact with demons at all. Just destroy them and be done with it."

My Joyride more or less said the same thing. You are probably right. it was just a thought.
>>
>>33628726
Has he ever seen or interacted with a demon?
>>
>>33628726
"Ok"
>>
>>33628726
ask if he would like to practice or play? What things could he show us about this place.
>>
File: 2112.png (291 KB, 640x600)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>33628764
>>33628806
>>33628814
>>33628817
>>33628948

Emerald asks if he's ever had to kill a demon himself yet.

"I think so. They were certainly monstrous enough to be some. We actually just protected Hope with shields while she and some other Order members killed them." He says.

"Hey Larimar! Come practice with me! I'll get ya this time!" Scout says, running up and dancing aroumd with a wooden practice sword.

"I should go spar. If I don't he won't shut up." Larimar says, patting the colt on the shoulder.

Emerald looks around to see what everyone is doing.

Bristle is still in the air flying loops.

Prince and Rocky are still talking, but Prince is casting some sort of light show.

And off towards the other practicing Order members are Scout and Larimar. The wilder looking colt is still dancing about while Larimar goes to grab a sword for himself.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33629163
Spar
Brush up on the basics of CQC
>>
>>33629202
>get whuped
agree
That's more valuable than anything else we can do here. Don't we have like, zero practice with a blade? We aren't even practiced at sneaky backstabs.

>prince making lights
as neat as that is, I'm sure he'll be willing to show off at the slightest later provocation.

>Maybe a vertical line? Naw, that's not quite enough.
Wait, got it!
A closed eye sitting atop swirling lines, where the lines converge into a downward line, starting thicker but quickly sharpening into a point on the way down. Somewhat broccoli or tree shaped. Perhaps add side-lines to imply a shield shape, and also imply that the line from before might be a split in the shield.
. @0@
@@@@
| . .\\// . .|
| . . \/ . . |
.\ . . | . ./
. \_ |_ /
Still needs work
Don't have emerald say this.
>>
>>33629163
Practice our close quarters combat, grab a knife if they have one.

Maybe our telekinesis.
>>
>>33629163
Show those two weaklings our superior special ultimate other-dimensional technique!

Boop em!
>>
File: This is Scout.png (81 KB, 350x656)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>33629163
Follow Larimar to best colt.
>>
>>33629371
So cute it hurts
>>
>>33629163
let's go speak with prince and rocky
>>
>>33629163
let's ask prince what magic he's doing.
>>
File: 2113.png (295 KB, 640x600)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>33629371
>>33630946

Noice.

>>33629202
>>33629261
>>33629262
>>33629370
>>33631460
>>33631688

Emerald decides to go check out the sparring between Scout and Larimar. He sort of wants to know what magic Prince is doing, but if he is sure that the colt will show him his light magic later if asked.

As the green colt trots over just as Scout and Larimar begin their match. He isn't the only one watching either. Some of the resting guards watch with amusement as the pair square off.

"Five bits on Larimar." One of the guard's says.

"I'll take that bet!" His friend says, giving him a hoof bump.

Larimar seems to prefer fighting reared up on his hind legs. He holds his practice sword two-hoofed, and with his stance he has a wide range and can pivot and deflect easily while being able to slash and stab. However he is also far less mobile and stable in this position, and has a larger profile.

Scout on the other hoof fights in a more traditional manner, holding the sword in his mouth and dashing about on all fours. The sword doesn't always stay in his mouth, and Scout tends to put it into his hooves when he goes to make a stab. Emerald has to admit this makes a bit of sense, since stabbing with a sword held in your mouth is rather difficult. Scout's more natural stance allows the wild-looking colt to perform impressive looking run-by and jumping attacks. Even though he is far more mobile this way, his body is also more condensed and lower to the ground, making it more difficult for Larimar to hit. His fighting style looks way more tiring though.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33631917
Head over to the guards and ask if they do this often and what the guards' opinions are of the two colt's skill. Is this how the pros do it?
>>
>>33631917
let's go check rocky and prince. ask what magic he's doing.
>>
>>33631988
This

>>33632330
Isn't that kinda going against the post?
>>
>>33632333
I can't think of much to do with larimar and scout right now than watch. I was thinking of interacting with the others for the time being.
>>
>>33631917
do we have any bits? maybe we can get in on the bet.
>>
>>33631917
cheer them on.
>>
Bump those rumps, baby~
>>
File: 2114.png (326 KB, 640x600)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>33631988
>>33632330
>>33632333
>>33632335
>>33632342
>>33632345
>>33633275

Emerald goes over to the guards and asks them if they do this regularly.

"Yeah, every day almost. They are pretty equally matched, but Larimar has a slight lead on match wins." The soldiers says, and then noticing the colt's clothing asks. "But what's this? A new choir member who's not a colt? That's a surprise."

The soldier elbows his friend and they snicker. The colt asks if he can join in the bet.

"Nah lad, betting is a bad thing to get into at your age." He says, ruffling the colt's mane. "Just sit and watch the show.

Emerald asks if their fighting styles are normal.

"Well, I hear they get special lessons on occasion, but the basics are the same. The stance Larimar uses usually has a shield or just uses a spear. I assume he'd usually use his scepter-incense-book thingy in his other hoof for spells."

The sparring match continues on for a few minutes with the more stoic colt taking just as many hits as the more boastful one.Larimar and Scout take the occasional break to catch their breath or get some water however, and it all seems like friendly rivalry. Emerald sort of wishes he had something like that.

A bell rings from somewhere far away, and the colts stop while the guards stand up happily.

"Meal time, kid. See ya later." The guard sitting near Emerald says.

Larimar and Scout shake hooves. And Scout goes to clean up the gear.

"Come, It's time to eat." Larimar says, motioning towards the building they came from. They are soon followed by the rest of the colts.

"So who won this time...?" Rocky says, trotting up to Larimar and Emerald.

"I did by two hits, but it was a close match." Larimar says shrugging.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33633628
Ask prince what the light show was.
>>
>>33633628
>Go get lunch.
>>
>>33633628
congratulate larimar on his two hits.
>>
>>33633628
Ask if anyone wants to spar for magic practice after lunch. Ask if they'll let Emerald have his book focus in order to do so.

Can build up skills and build trust this way
>>
>>33635138
Wonder if any of them are wizardy or if it's just cleric stuff? Cuz I wouldn't mind sparring but a straight up stick match will probably be pathetic. Ask if magic is allowed
>>
>>33633628
>two hits
That's an odd way to measure it. Not all hits are created equal. It sounds like that system would incentivise little nicks and scratches when all that counts is one good sinking of a blade. You might be training yourself to fight wrong, unless your goal was to never take a scratch, and that just seems egotistical.
Oh wait, is it because of poisons?

>>33635138
We don't know many spells that would really be cool to use in that situation, do we? We would need some kind of training-spell, like a magic missile with no impact other than maybe a color change or an impact noise.

If we play with the colts like this, stick to physical. We have to learn to use our subtly knife someday.
>>
>>33635438
>If we play with the colts like this, stick to physical. We have to learn to use our subtly knife someday.

we did have the assassin demon eda help us train some already.
>>
>>33635466
One afternoon of sneaking murder practice doesn't make us a world class face-to-face knife duelist with no need to practice.
>>
File: 2115.png (186 KB, 640x600)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>33633798
>>33634064
>>33635062
>>33635138
>>33635193
>>33635438

They get served some sort of mash. It smells nice, but seems kinda bland. As Emerald begins to eat he notices Prince shape his food into a sphere before eating. The colt asks him what the light show was earlier with that spell.

"A very low energy version of a blinding flash. I'm too weak to get the most out of the spell yet. One day though, one day~!" Prince says, holding his spoon up proudly.

Emerald asks if anyone is up for more sparring when they can do it next. He asks if they ever practice with both weapons and magic at the same time.

"Yeah, but Hope wants to be there when we do that. She says it can be kind of dangerous." Larimar says.

"Well, we could ask her I guess. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do." Bristle says, pointing to Emerald. "You should do it Prince. You are the magic guy among us."

"Hmm... I suppose I wouldn't mind that. What do you say?" Prince asks.

What does Emerald do?
>>
>>33635670
Oh man we are gonna fuck up Prince's beautiful face with magic missiles! Accept the challenge! We are gonna impress Hope so much!
>>
>>33635670
It sounds fun but definitely need to get the okay from Hope. Promise not to ask what to look out for but we should probably find out if any of our spells are going to be off limits or if we need a warded arena or something as the safety of spectators / squadmates wasn't a factor in what we could or could not learn and use before now.
>>
>>33635670
>Sure, with hopes permission of course.
>>
>>33635670
>"Hmm... I suppose I wouldn't mind that. What do you say?" Prince asks.

yeah. you might be surprised what magic i know.
>>
>>33635670
Let’s get the permission and ask Hope herself if there is any magic we shouldn’t use.
>>
Neigh~

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.