[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: file.png (158 KB, 840x823)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
“Resuming just minutes after Anonpone tags is as on hiatus” edition.

>Last thread: https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/thread/32996039

>Catch up at: https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/
>Read related material at https://www.gitbook.com/book/duendeinexistente/cirque/details

>---------
In the last several threads...
>We explored the sewers of Landly
>Sweeper possibly-but-not-even-Sweeper-is-sure tried to attack us
>A machine was blocking others from Leaf’s dreams, and with help from several friends we got rid of it for good, releasing a phoenix in the process
>We joined Twilight’s knights.
>Twilight told us that the sphere we found in the same place as the armor could be used for ships ( https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/33081960/#navbar )
>We made arrangements to possibly help an archaeologist griffon with her excavations once we head to warmer waters
>Wearing the armor still fucks us up.

>And now we’re relaxing and being given a rookie massage by Sea.

>1/2
>>
Last post of the old thread.
>>33086050 >>33086091 >>33086202
“Alright, I think I get you. They’re too clever to just be pointed at like an animal?”
“Yes.”
“So you have to find something to give them in exchange for any work.”
“You have to find a work they’ll want to do.”
“So uh, bad word for it but trained dolphins don’t bother you?”
”There’s good and bad trainers.”

New post.
>>33086377 >>33086449 >>33086724 >>33087654
“You wouldn’t mind if dolphins came with us, then.”
“Why.”
“I dunno, just thought you might like that.”
“I never thought about it.”
You smile a little, but then remember what she almost said earlier. Golden? Should you ask about that…?
Part of you doesn’t want to, but the question comes anyway, “Golden?”
She doesn’t answer.
“Did you stop for her sake or mine?”
Her hoof presses a little harder for a moment, and you think she won’t answer.
“Ours.”
You don’t know how to answer to that, and fall silent for several seconds… then remember a window, and a mare looking through it with a mostly empty bottle of whiskey.
“You know…” You almost stop, but say it anyway, “A lot of bad habits are coming back to me lately. Stuff I thought I was past.”
“Some things just keep coming back.” She nearly whispers it, and then adds. “But when they do one already knows what do too.”
>>
>>33212012
I guess you're right. Guess I just hate the thought of letting it consume me. That it'll make me a worse pony in general. All because I need some way to take my mind off of everything, even if it's just for just a tiny moment.
Encourage her to move her hoof now that she's pressing harder.
>>
>>33212012
You're right, I already know the answer to my issue, but I can't help but desire a way to cope and carry on. I have friends, and I know that I can cook and build to distract myself, but it never feels enough.
Perhaps I'm just being nothing but selfish and self-centered again for wanting more than at this moment. As if I'm the only one who's troubled by this.
>>
>>33212012
>“Ours.”
a pronoun
could mean leaf and sea, sea and gold, or sea leaf and gold
but it mostly means that she intentionally used a word with many meanings and used it with finality. She could just as soon be saying "eat it, leaf" as she could be saying "this is for the best for both of us, and I'm looking out for us." So I'm gonna say it's both a sweet show of concern and an overbearing protec-based dominant browbeating. It can be both.
Leaf: Obey and never mention it again without prompting.

>“But when they do one already knows what do too.”
advice, positive and optimistic
simultaneously denying the validity of the complaint and telling us to wipe our own nose. Somehow affectionate, flippantly uncaring, and annoyed. "I beleive in you, and also your complaining is pointless sniveling." There seems to be a lot of that going around.
Leaf: eat it, cause she's right
>>
bump
>>
>>33213645 >>33213766 >>33213831
“I know, but it was hard enough doing it once, you know?”
“I do.”
“And having this on top of everything else…”
She doesn’t answer.
“Am I being selfish?”
“No.” She tries moving her hoof.
“Don’t worry about that, I’ll tell you if it hurts.” You tell her, and she doesn’t move much at first. “You aren’t worried?”
Sea starts moving her hoof in small circles, pushing one of your wings out of the way to feel under it.
“The bird is the only one that’s stable.”
“What do you mean?”
“That everyone else is cracking.”
>>
>>33215421
You're not wrong. We're all suffering, that's for sure. At the very least, I'm happy that I'm not alone in this.
Encourage her to try using both her hooves.

>pushing one of your wings out of the way to feel under it.
Willingly touching our wings!? How l-lewd of her... Honestly a little surprised she didn't just tell us to move them out of the way.
>>
>>33215512
Then again, I just realized she already touched them by adjusting them so we can swim better. Seems like she's somehow okay with touching us inappropriately.
>>
>>33215421
Are you worried we won't be able to keep it together at this rate? I never want that to happen, but all I can think to do is to continue on. As long as we don't break apart as a group.
Realize that she's surprisingly comfortable handling our wings without any hint of hesitation.
>>
>>33215512 >>33215533 >>33215641
She searches under a wing again, making you giggle, "Hey, I thought people here was prude about that."
"Are you."
You think about her question, surprised. Are /you/ prude about wing contact?
You're not, right? People here hasn't gotten to your head just yet.
"Not really." You say.
At least not yet. But if the moons turned to years...
"Thought so." She stretches your wing with the sensuality of an old nurse on her last shift of the day and searches for cramps under.
"You worry that we won't keep it together?"
"I know it." She lets go of your wing, "And things just escalate."
"But that just means we'll be there to support each other, right?"
"No." She stops pressing, thoughtful. "We're sinking in our own heads."
"You really think so?"
"It's what this city does."
>>
>>33216014
I get it. We'll get out of this city as soon as possible. It's helped me get my head straight, but you're right in that nothing more good can come from staying here any longer. That doesn't mean supporting each other will be in complete vain though, but that's me being hopeful.
Sea is obviously getting impatient wallowing near the place of her trauma.
>>
>>33216014
Do you mean this city has caused us to become this way, or it just happens the more we stay around here?
>>
>>33216201(me)
Also, if we get a chance now or in the future, ask why it's so difficult for her to touch someone, as opposed to vice versa. We'll still respect of keeping distance, regardless of her answer to us.
>>
>>33216014
Ask what kind of place she would like to go next.
>>
>>33216014
>"It's what this city does."

Now, I seem to have lost focus of what leaf is complaining about exactly. I'm kinda thinking it's just a generalized non-specific complaint which is as much of a search for the reason he is sad as it is an expression of why he is sad. Complaining in order to figure out why he is complaining, if you will.

Going over the list, he is probably sad over sweeper's betrayal, cheers partially accidental deconstruction of what is still mostly a set of kind acts, and his semi-non-existent existential emotional distance from sea.

Sweeper jumping to conclusions and taking actions into their own hooves is definitely an expression of the effect of the culture via the lack of other justice and lack of an innocent-until-proven-guilty value, as well as via the existence of that story-person club/cult.

Cheer has explicitly stated that she is suspicious of leaf because people in waterworld- meaning landly- do not behave as he does without alternative motivation. I still say the thing he is doing wrong is attempting to ignore her concern like he ignores his own in the hopes it goes away.

Sea is the way she is because of what landly culture did to her. That means that the imagined distance at which she stands is partially a result of landly's effect on her. Granted, it is semi-circular reasoning to use sea's attitude resulting from landly as justification for sea's attitude about landly.

conclusion: seems legit
>>
>>33216071 >>33216201 >>33216280 >>33216445 >>33216488
"We're still taking off soon, but you mean like we're like that because of the city, or that it's worse the longer we stay?"
She feels up your neck, realizes that you raised your head, and pushes it back down, "It's like breathing smoke."
"Mhm, I know that feeling." She starts rubbing your neck with a hoof, still careful. "Did you want to go somewhere next or just wherever? I was thinking about warm waters..."
"Away."
"Hm, other side of the world sounds good then." Your eyes move on their own to look at the main city of Landly, just under an hour away by flight... and as much as you still love it, you have to recognize that the aftertaste it leaves in your mouth is like that of having bit on dirty, greasy hair.
And there's also trying to fix things with Cheer before you leave...
"You know, I can't wait to show you Equestria." You find yourself saying, "I'll travel around it with you all for a while."
"As long as I can hunt."

Paused. Not sure I'll run tomorrow, I hadn't even noticed it was weekend today.
>>
>>33216767
>skewer things on a stick
>in the middle of equestrian soil
uhh... I guess there are always flieders and those piranha-like fish. Most of the creatures anywhere near a pony town are controlled and regulated and guided by ponies, and most of them are at least like 70% as intelligent as a pony. That would kinda be like going into people's ranches and slaughtering their livestock and pets. There are still some wild animals like the hydra, but it is also possible that the hydra was just important to the ecosystem.

worst case scenario, you can go to other countries with more wild wildernesses or let the princesses direct you at whatever particularly large and dangerous beasts show up. The princesses might still not want to send you at the creatures though. That basically depends on how equstrian politics actually works in that world.
>>
>>33216767
You will be able to. I can show you the Everfree Forest. It's an abandoned forest with nothing but dangerous creatures and hazards.
Plus, mention any other extremely dangerous locations Leaf is aware of that exists in this Equestria.

If we make it through, can we even comprehend the thought of Sea going to continue to risk her life fighting more monsters, without help from us? I highly doubt Leaf will ever be comfortable letting her go all on her own without help. Leaf wants Sea to fight, but be more lax and be willing to know when to stop and run, while Sea wants to fight recklessly, because she feels like she doesn't deserve to live for being weaker than her prey.

This is definitely a huge and unresolved issue between the two that's sort of been danced around when it originally came up. Sea fully knows Leaf isn't comfortable, unlike her hunting and fighting, with her unwillingness to give up and run when the situation requires it, and she was unable to answer Leaf when he brought up him being completely anguished over her death. Both can't ignore this disagreement forever, especially if Sea decides to push herself again, just like she did with her wanting to hunt the worm with some broken legs.
>>
>>33216880
>hey sea
>lily is tougher than you
>>
>>33216767
There are some dangerous beasties out there for sure but some nice ones too.
Considering that you haven't run for a month and it would have been stupid to have just made an update on friday and then left it up all weekend I would say that it's fine that you ran on a weekend day.
>>
>>33216767
While Equestria isn't as violent as here, I'm sure you can find something.
With Sea practically planning to leave us to continue to hunt in Equestria afterwards, something feels very uncomfortable with the thought of separating after everything we've done in this adventure. We've practically, quickly grew a strange connection and sort of bond that's difficult to describe and has her presence be essential in our life, even if we don't interact or do anything together that day.
>>33216880
I fully expect Sea to face inner turmoil over going full Rambo. Nobody would've missed her in the past if she died, but that justification is no longer true in her life.
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 489x351)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
Cammy here, trying out a new art program, anyone has any requests?
>>
>>33218405
A leaf flying around with Lily next to him. Or leaf petting that baby seal.
>>
>>33218405
Crazy blooded Leaf as described by Twilight when she showed a copy of her bloody self.
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 822x650)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>33218491
Bloodied Leaf after I'm done with something else
>>
File: file.png (101 KB, 845x646)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>33218621
Guh
>>
File: file.png (18 KB, 146x197)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>
>>33218647
That chin gives me a giggle

>>33218405
big dragon guy
>>
>>33219574
Leaf's chin is art I'll let you know
>>
>>33218405
Draw cheer giving leaf that blowjob.
>>
bump
>>
>>33221223
>>
File: file.png (79 KB, 515x619)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>33216823 >>33216880 >>33216892 >>33216976 >>33217526
"I'll show you the Everfree forest. Have I told you what a forest is?"
"No."
She's going to go somewhere else as soon as you set down back home, isn't she...?
No, cross those bridges when you reach them.
"It's like a bunch of weird shaped columns with platforms, and you can climb them. Everfree is almost no horse's land. And there's all sorts of creatures to hunt."
"Columns and platforms."
"Yeah, all over the place. It makes it kind of hard to move, you know."
"So mostly small fish and birds." She says, then adds. "And poison."
>>
>>33222568
Not exactly. There are other dangerous creatures you need to keep an eye out for. For example, you're likely to run into packs of timberwolves and some manticores. Manticores are like large lions with huge teeth that come with a nasty stinger. Timberwolves are pack creatures made from wood. No matter how many time you break and destroy them, they'll always reconstruct themselves, almost as if they're immortal. There are more, but I'm sure you get the idea.
>>
>>33222568
>a tree is a platform
you know what leaf? It's your dimension and clouds really are platforms so what do I know?
>>
>>33222568
You wanna know what a hydra is? A beast who's head once you cut off two more grow in it's place.How about a manticore? They have poison too.
>>
>>33222568
Sad Leaf is miserable at all times. Destiny wants nothing more but for him to suffer and look like a mare.
Is Sea doing okay on the massage, or is she still stiff and hesitant? Unsure if it's the right time to ask about her physical contact issue or not.
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 877x702)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>33222601 >>33222638 >>33222680 >>33222699
"yeah, but there's also larger animals, like hydras, you know them?"
"Yes."
"You want to hunt them, don't you."
"Yes."
"And manticores?"
"No."
"They're huge and strong lions, but they also have a sting like a scorpion, uh, no, you don't know those. Like a stingray tail but sectioned. And I think they have wings too?"
She stops massaging you, thinking.
"And there's timberwolves. I heard they're like marionettes, and they just go back to normal so you can't get rid of them."
"Sounds useless."
"Timberwolves?"
"Yes."
Sea's hiigan walks nearby slowly, yawns opening her head like a flower, and takes a nap on the grass.
"Hiigan are better."
"Heh, sounds like you're biased..." She touches your back again, "Hey, touchy question but..."
You fall silent. She hits your shoulder.
"Hey!"
"Ask it."
"Why are you afraid of touching people?"
"Am I."
>>
>>33222919
Yes. You don't seem to like close intimate contact and you almost never pet your hiigan. You don't shake hooves either. Nice massaging by the way. Told you that you'd be decent at it.
>>
>>33222919
Maybe not afraid, but there's certainly something holding you back from doing any intimate touching. I hate to bring up a bad memory, but there was that time I broke down and asked for a hug. Like this massage, it always seems like you're hesitant to touch me gently, unless it involves punching or using force.

That isn't to say that you aren't trying your best at all. You try as hard as you can to show you care by patting my back when you can, you've told me that tried your best to act for me when I cried, and you agreed to this massage. I'm very thankful and grateful that you're trying at the very least.
>>33222934
Do we feel better, and is she finished massaging? It's better to be straight and honest about how she performed. Most likely, she was too stiff.
>>
>>33222919
Are you? You seem to never want to initiate any touching. Maybe fighting and punching me, but that's completely different. It makes me feel like you don't want any touch whatsoever, so I've resorted to patting as well to respect your space. Perhaps I was pushing it when the sky changed and I tried to put my hoof around you, but I don't know how comfortable you are with any of this. I just want to understand what you want and your perspective on contact.
>>
>>33222934 >>33222989 >>33223095
"Its just that you avoid it if you can, even now."
"I told you I don't know how."
"Not just now, Sea. You always try, but if it's not to fight you 're not even comfortable with the hiigan."
"I never thought about it."
>>
>>33223598
Well what does she feel when she's touching you right now? Happy? Tired? Bored? Calm?
>>
>>33223598
Alright, then ask yourself why do you pat my back and how you felt?
Why pat my back as a thank you for bringing back what was left of the spear? You felt like you wanted express yourself through touch to me, when it wasn't really needed.

I don't care if you don't know how, or if your intimate touch comes out wrong. I don't care about you not knowing how to give someone a massage. Heck, the Hiigan probably doesn't even care if your touch comes out strange. Just the act of trying to do some form of intimate touch is enough to make us feel better and closer to you, and I think you would feel the same if you gave it a chance.
>>
>>33223598
Not once when you patted me, really? I don't blame you for never thinking about it if you have survived on your own for all this time, but that doesn't mean you need to give up on touching for never learning. Do you not want to try?
>>
Fug
Paused.
>>
>>33223598
>"I never thought about it."
That isn't something I figured you would say. You've had so long with your own head. I kinda figured you used your silence on contemplation, but I'm noticing now that everything else about you is also consistent with someone who drowns themselves out, so I guess I don't know.

"Is... is that a common thing with you?"

Leaf: pretend to feel better, regardless of if you actually are significantly better or not. If she tries to push you back down when you sit up, I guess just accept it..
>>
We should tell Sea how much we would like to cuddle with her. She makes us feel centered.
>>
>>33224521
Would sound strange to say, but there is no denying the fact that it would be an overwhelmingly huge help to Leaf's mental health.
>>
>>33225057
Plenty of time for that after the conversation winds down and the favor has been returned, if you insist
>>
>>33225080
Depends on how willing she is to help us and learn to be physical, since this is Sea.
>>
File deleted.
>>33223623
>>33223702
>>33223791
>>33224089
>>33224315
>>33224521
>>33225057
>>33225080
>>33225252
So do we tell her it was good for her first massage, or do we lie and say it was good?
Giving you guys ten or twenty minutes before posting.
>>
>>33225882
If I remember correctly she can tell if you lie or not. I guess we might as well tell the truth and what she can do to improve her skill for the future.
>>
>>33225882
Good for her first massage. Lying to her will NEVER work, since she can read how others feel very easily.
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 318x332)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>33223623 >>33223702 >>33223791 >>33224089 >>33224315 >>33224521 >>33225057 >>33225080 >>33225252 >>33225912 >>33225913

"Really, never?" She doesn't answer. "I thought you /knew/ you're not touchy."
"I do."
“I am just surprised, you spend so long in your own head I thought you would’ve thought about it.”
“I had no need to.”
Gosh, when you're about to forget how long she spent practically alone…
“But why don’t you like it?”
“I am bad.”
“It’s not about being good or bad at it, I am sure the higan would love it anyway if you pet her.”
She stays still.
“Have you ever pet her?”
Sea is quiet, only turning her head slightly to think before answering “Sometimes”
“And you weren’t bad for a first timer, I’m feel—”
She moves her hoof suddenly and closes your mouth, pressing your jaw up with the back of her hoof and with one of her ears twitching.
You wait. Her ear stops twitching, and she takes her hoof off.
“What was it?”
“Nothing.”
>>
>>33225956
Part of me wants to call her out on it, but it's hard to mistrust her now when she hasn't lied once to us thus far (except omit important details).
>>
>>33225956
Good. Now let's give Sea big wing hug as thank you for the massage.
>>
>>33225956
>>33225988
Sea, do you actually dislike doing any intimate touching, or do you just tell yourself that constantly, because you're unfamiliar with it? The Higan and I don't care about it being 'bad'. We just care that it's coming from you.
Guess we give her that massage back. Although, we're probably going to be terrible with how sore we are.
>>33225997
L-lewd wing hug! In all seriousness, we can give her that hug. It seems like Leaf has gotten more hesitant in doing it just because Sea has only done patting so far.
>>
>>33225956
False alarm then? If she avoids this question, that makes things even stranger, but we really can't do anything about it.

You don't like doing it because you're bad at it? Being bad isn't a reason to dismiss something. That's like me not learning to swim or fight just because I'm bad at it. Does it really matter when you know it means more than anything when you give that sort of touch to those you care, regardless of how well it's done?
>>
File: Seaweed.aseprite.png (8 KB, 620x800)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
I found a script that converts pixel art into (Extremely boring) music.
So have this, https://files.catbox.moe/moqf7c.mp3
>>
>>33225988 >>33225997 >>33226024 >>33226097
"So false alarm?"
"Yes." She says as her ear twitches once more.
"So..."
"What."
"Come here." You pull her down with a wing hug, and she folds into it like a marionette with its strings cut off. "We just appreciate it's you who's there, you know?"
"Yes."
"Do you want me to--"
"OhmygoshLea-"
You squeak.
"-f youre here it was so big--"
Lilly stops talking suddenly and looks at you with Sea laying on you.
"IIII'll let you do that." She goes back underwater before you can answer.
>>
>>33226924
So what I'm gathering is that a big but harmless thing swam by so we can just enjoy ourselves. Nuzzle Sea Leaf. Reposition her if needed so you're both optimally comfortable. Now you see Sea -heh heh- isn't this nice?
>>
>>33226924
....Um...I still swear that's my battle cry.
Freeze in embarrassment from our position. Leaf's mind might suddenly panicking from what Lily just assumed we were doing.
>>
File: file.png (58 KB, 890x434)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Hmmm
>>
>>33226965
Would Leaf be able to calmly nuzzle Sea after realizing this embarrassing position and Lily's remark?
>>
>>33226992
Well if it was wrong Lily would tell him to stop doing it wouldn't she since we're out in "public". And the opportunity is too good to let pass.
>>
>>33227007
I guess, but the insinuation is something that Leaf should react to at the very least, considering he pulled Sea into this position, despite what Leaf thinks of their relationship currently. If Leaf is able to nuzzle, that's okay. I just find it hard for Leaf not to have his mind race just a bit.
>>
>>33227052
If you want him to feel really awkward then make him notice that he's belly to belly with sea and his dick is right between her teats. We don't know the exact positioning though so leafs dick could be pressed against her belly right now and her head is near his chest and can hear his heart.
>>
>>33227088
Pretty sure his dick is in sheath, and out of sight.
>>
>>33226924
Um, do we really look like 'that' right now? Be concerned on how Sea reacts.
>>
File: file.png (82 KB, 846x559)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>33226965 >>33226968 >>33226975>>33226992 >>33227007>>33227052 >>33227088 >>33227118 >>33227261
Do you really-- You look down at Sea.
"Oh, c'mon, get your head off the gutter!" You protest at the spot where she was just a second ago.
Predictably, there's no answer.
"Whatever." You nuzzle her to get the hair out of the way and see her face. "You ok like this?"
She just grunts, her expression the same as almost always.

A tvtropes page would be cool, but I don't think I have the time to write one myself, just to fact check what other people wrote.
And paused.
>>
File: file.png (93 KB, 813x510)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>33227610
fug, wrong image.
>>
>>33227610
>>33227633
This is very nice. Sea is actually comfortable enough with us to stay like this. She may even enjoy it, if she's willing to do it. Hug her closer, lay our head on top of hers, and cuddle.
It must feel very wonderful for Leaf to finally enjoy intimate contact with Sea and de-stress from these crazy past few days.
Does she even want that massage? Because this feels much better, and she's not complaining about cuddling.
>>
>>33227610
...Maybe we should do this more often. Just doing this with you feels like things aren't completely hopeless with you who's there.
No doubt Sea knows how happy and relaxed we must feel now from doing this. Would also counter his chances of returning to his bad habits.
>>
>>33227610
Now this is something that I could get used to. Let's rub Sea's back and thank her for letting us indulge like this.
>>
I wanted to update today but probably won't be able to, so back tomorrow.
>>
>>33230517
>>
So while we have Sea in this embrace how about we ask her to cuddle with us regularly. Or we can tell her that she's really warm and soft.
>>
>>33232526
Yeah, that's why I suggested to tell her we should do this more often since it makes Leaf's mood go up.
>>
>enjoy the moment
or
>plan ahead to try and schedule more moments
both fine flavors, I guess
>>
>>33233159
Better to wait and ask about it further in the moment, since a moment of silence in this embrace would be more enjoyable and intimate.
>>
Let's give Sea a big old kiss on the top of her head.
>>
>>33233903
Seems really sudden to just go for it. It would be far more appropriate to start out nuzzling.
>>
>>33233951
But how else is she going to know how much we love her?
>>
>>33233976
Because Leaf has already been rejected and actively tries to ignore any opposing subconscious thoughts through denial. This is already going pretty far between friends by Equestria's standards.
>>
>>33227725 >>33228052 >>33228781 >>33232526 >>33233104 >>33233159 >>33233194 >>33233903 >>33233951 >>33233976 >>33234014
You hold her tighter just enjoying the warmth quietly, and nuzzle her, not minding it when her mane is scratchy and hard like brambles from the salt.
"It's nice like this."
You wait for her to answer, wondering what will it be, but she stays quiet.
>>
>>33234521
We're either not doing something correctly or she is enjoying this. Or she just doesn't care and will wait until we're satisfied. Let's have fun with this. Maybe even take this to our bed and nap.
>>
>>33234521
Enjoy the moment.
>>33234555
Don't know about our bed. Inviting her to it might send the wrong message from Leaf's perspective. Although, it is admittedly more comfortable than some mat on the ground.
>>
>>33234670
Didn't we already tell someone to get their mind out of the gutter and that our intentions are pure?
>>
>>33234685
Yeah, we told Lily like that, and I'm pretty sure Sea knows that, but it seems kind of strange for Leaf to think it's appropriate to invite her to his own bed.
>>
>>33234703
Not really since you said yourself that a bed is much more comfortable and there are blankets to put over us. It would only be strange if it was someone we just met but we've known sea for awhile now.
>>
>>33234716
Fair enough. It would be better if we do actually plan to stay like this a bit longer. It'll also hint that she likes it, as opposed to humoring us, but it's still a bit vague.
>>
>>33234521
Well, she hasn't pushed us or stopped us from doing this. Not even rebutting our comment about this being nice or not.
>>33234555
Herb is sure going to be a menace again once he hears about this.
>>
>>33234803
Why wouldn't he like the saucy story of us cuddling with a nobles daughter?
>>
>>33234830
He'll surely mistake our activity as something else. Though, if he does say something, I hope he survives the repercussions of spreading that tale.
>>
Not that I don't like that discussion, but you guys have any suggestion besides the bed maters?
>>
>>33235106
Boop sea on the nose. What kind of actions are you looking for? Like what to do once we're on the bed? I suppose I would like to ask Sea if she wants to go shopping with us to try to find a spear?
>>
>>33235106
I guess we could look at our surroundings a bit, and maybe check to see if Sea is laying down comfortably at her position. Wrap our tail around hers.
I recall Necia was practicing in the water before we started the massage so maybe we can quickly peek at how she's doing, and maybe try to peek at what this big thing that passed by was (if we're going to get up).
>>
>>33235137
Booping her might just annoy her and ruin the moment.
>>
>>33235181
She's not moving or anything though. I almost wouldn't mind it if it got a reaction out of her and we'd at least know not to do that again. Would giving her an eskimo kiss be better? That way both noses would be booped. That sentence wasn't serious by the way.
>>
>>33235220
I guess that's fine, if you want that to happen.
>>
>>33235245
Sure. Hopefully something funny comes out of it. Or she'll keep staying there lifeless.
>>
>>33235279
Might be best to do it far later on though. Once, we know for sure that's she's okay with everything done so far, because we're assuming that any of this will have a good response in the first place.
>>
>>33234555 >>33234685 >>33234703 >>33234716 >>33234747 >>33234803 >>33234830 >>33234875 >>33235181 >>33235220 >>33235245 >>33235279 >>33235306
You boop her softly, "You can tell me if this is uncomfortable."
She just grunts, so you look down at her--Her rear is still half hanging off your side, and one of her hindlegs is crossed awkwardly crossed over your belly.
Maybe the bed... no, you can't think of any way for that to not sound wrong. As comfortable as it'd be to cuddle her there.
>>
>>33235390
Well now I feel bad for sea being in her current position so if we want to hold her for the long haul then we need to make her sit on us. Warn her that you're going to move her and then grab her thigh with your left to lift her up then use your right hoof to steady her and put her on you.
Or we could just tell her to move.
>>
>>33235390
The bed is a no go, as expected from Leaf being afraid of the implications. Move her hingleg so it's wrapped around us, and shift our body so her rear is on us more, since we can't grab it.
>>
>>33235390
That doesn't look comfortable. Mind if I move you in a better position?
>>
I heard puff the magic dragon today and it made me think of sea.

>Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave
>So Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave oh
>>
>>33235616
Leaf should've never acted as a dragon.
>>
>>33235661
sea is the dragon in this scenario, who left her cave only because Jackie paper came knocking.
>>
File: file.png (394 KB, 838x470)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
>>
Hmm, strange. Anonpone says there was a recent post here. Just a bump?
>>
>>33236529
>"I don't know."
I find that answer endlessly fitting and unfitting in a way that, if I was actually in the situation and actually felt the strange tension of the moment, might make me laugh, and then laugh more from finding my reaction to be yet more tense and contradictory.'
It's a diceroll how leaf would react, though. He could laser-focus on this outright volunteering of information. He could be frustrated by what he might see as a stonewall, though it is not a stonewall at all. He could try to distract her from melancholy thoughts. He could just let her stew on the topic of her mother alone in her head while providing some offsetting comfort.

However leaf should choose to respond right now, it will touch on everything he has been working through since he got to landly. I suggest that cammy uses the next post and leaf's response to cap off this scene, and immediately moves on to shipbuilding, assuming that there are no other needed events between here and there and that cammy doesn't already have a planned conclusion to the scene.
>>
>>33235442 >>33235445 >>33235549 >>33235616 >>33235661 >>33235670 >>33235743
"That doesn't look comfy, c'mon." You slide her so her flank is laying more comfortably on your belly, "See?"
She grunts again, thought she's obviously more comfortable now than before.
"I used to sleep outside when I was a foal sometimes." You squeeze her a little. "We'd play with my brother on the farm until it was too late and just take naps there, and my father would find us in the middle of the night, all angry."
...as soft as grass can be, this isn't as good as the hay back home was. Maybe somewhere other than the bed...
"You have one."
"A father?" You joke.
"Brother."
"Yeah, we... don't talk much these days." She doesn't answer. "You don't have a secret brother I don't know about, do you?"
"No."
You chuckle a little, "No half siblings either. Half brother with a pair of flintlocks?"
"My mother..."
You wait for her to keep talking to, but she doesn't, "What about her? Do you have one or not?"
"I don't know."

Paused.
>>
>>33236614
Continue some slight nuzzling while we still hold her with this wing hug.
I know that she's still alive and left everything behind, but Bedside knows much more about her but didn't delve to the details of the whole story. From what little she said, it sounds like she's not a mare worth meeting. In fact, Bedside said said she would "punch her in the cunt." if she came across her again one day.
We could go find Bedside if you want to hear everything. Regardless, please don't let her bad reputation affect you or how you think of yourself. Not like the dragon again.
>>
Strange for Leaf to ask Sea if she has a mother when he knows the answer.
>>
>>33236614
How much do you know about her? Have you talked much to bedside about her? Though she might be bias because of how much she wants to beat her.
>>
>>33236614
>do you have one
ah
that correction kinda invalidates most of my reply. Obviously she doesn't mean that she is uncertain if she was born from a female... wait that isn't actually obvious. The educational system hardly exists and she could have been taught all of and only whatever her benefactors wanted her to learn. In a magical world, it may also be possible for a creature to just be created without sexual reproduction. She also may have interpreted "have mother" to mean "living mother" or "one who serves the mother social roll."

>"...What?"
>>
>>33236798
>>33237415
>>33237493
Leaf was asking if she has any siblings, guys.
>>
>>33237870
You mean that Sea is saying if she has siblings from her mothers side that she isn't aware of? Because it sounded like she was just changing the topic to about her mother.
>>
>>33237870
How can you tell?
>ib4 it's absurd
the very fact that it is absurd possibly indicates that the intention of the question was to ask if a mother existed in her life or that the question was a clever bit of word-sparing meant to point out seas's accidental implication, aka "a dad joke".

Assuming you're right, that's a bit of a conversational dead end. Anything about hypothetical siblings which might not exist would either be idle banter which she might have no interest in where we describe fictional siblings for sea. I suppose that might be neat.
>>
>>33236667 >>33236798 >>33237415 >>33237493 >>33237870 >>33237905 >>33237941
"I-- Er, do you have brothers, not a mo--"
"I don't know."
"It's just that--"
She hits your shoulder.
"Alright." you clear your throat and get comfy again. "Bedside mentioned her."
No answer. You look around-- Necia is too focused splashing a few meters away, with a rope still tied to her barrel, and Bedside is gone.
"Do you want to talk about her?" You ask, "Bedside doesn't like her much."
"I know"
You wait. She doesn't say anything else.
"So what's the deal with her?"
"I don't know."
Okay.
"Why?"
"I never asked."
O-kay.
"So why...?"
"You asked."
>>
>>33238130
Okay, that didn't really lead anywhere. Maybe Leaf should just enjoy cuddling and nuzzling in the moment. Why did Leaf bring up Sea having any siblings? Sea was only stating we had a brother.
>>
>>33238130
...Dammit, I have an annoying habit of rambling on for no reason, don't I? Maybe I should should just stay quiet.
Changed. I think she would speak up if she actually cared about such a thing, without requiring us to ask permission pathetically.
>>
>>33238130
>>33238192
Also, just keep quiet if we get no response. Leaf needs to learn to appreciate the silence if this is going to a regular thing.
>>
>>33238130
Ok. would you like me to ask bedside with you and learn more about your mom?
>>
>>33238485
Not sure if it's a good idea to talk about her past family when the cause of trauma is so close to where we are.
>>
>>33238649
What if she wants to try to deal with it though? She also has a friend to cuddle with too. No better time really.
>>
>>33238656
While it's true she's with us, do note that we already tried asking, and she already strongly hinted at not wanting to talk about it.
>"Do you want to talk about her?"
>You wait. She doesn't say anything else.
>>
>>33238660
I dunno because she was also silent when asked if she likes cuddling. I think we just need to keep doing things until sea says " no" or does something else that expresses great disapproval.
>>
>>33238674
Leaf always came off as respecting her space and privacy if she didn't want to share things about herself. While I don't mind pushing the question about cuddling, pushing for information about her mother, when we know she's extremely aloof and unhappy around Landly, is too big of a risk to bug her with.
>>
>>33238711
I really think you're just seeing Sea as being made of glass. It's a simple yes or no question.
>>
>>33238737
I don't see her being made of glass. I just see her getting annoyed by Leaf's probing, which would worsen the already awkward mood. We could ask her when we're away from Landly, where she'll be much better in mood.
>>
File: file.png (67 KB, 421x622)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>33238158 >>33238179 >>33238192 >>33238268 >>33238485 >>33238656 >>33238674 >>33238711 >>33238758
"Oh, right." You say and then fall quiet for a moment, feeling too lazy to talk.
A moment passes, and you lay your head on hers gently and just take in her warmth and her bramblelike fur.
You open your mouth and almost say "We could ask Bedside about your mother", but decide against it, and if Sea noticed she lets you drop it quietly.

I'll be honest, I've spent the last hour and a half convinced I am forgetting something important in this scene, but if you want to finish the scene now it's ok.
>>
>>33238763
Yes skip please. This isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>33238763
Yeah, that's about as far we can go in this scene. Other than saying that telling her we should do this more in the future, since Leaf feels rejuvenated by it, we can move on.
>>
>>33238763
Besides the future mention of teaching massaging and cuddling, I see no other possible option to be done in this scene. I do wonder what you think could've possibly forgotten in this scene.
>>
>>33238775(me)
Also, I guess we could ask if she liked the cuddling? Knowing if it helps, bores, or annoys her would be helpful.
>>
>>33238768 >>33238775 >>33238794 >>33238846
In the distance, through the faint mist that permeates all parts of Landly during night, soft music can be heard ringing.
"..and I remember this griffon, alright, I saw him once? He was kinda flailing on the way down."
"He lost control." You say, trying to picture what Necia is telling you.
"No no, he was trying to go back up, but the wind was too hard."
A moonlet runs across the dock with a loud ratatatatat, distracting all of you -You, Necia, Lilly and Bedside- and making you turn to it even thought you're sitting on the ceiling.
"So." You say when no one comments on it. "You're saying that he lost control and tried to fight it."
"But he didn't stop falling."
"Life's that way, girl." Bedside takes takes a puff of smoke, "Fight it too hard and you may break."
"It's not philosophy, it's flight, unless it was song magic in which case--"
"No, it's like skating on ice." You interurpt her before she starts ranting. "You have to work with the fall to break out, not against it."
"That makes no sense, wouldn't you only start falling faster?"
"Well maybe a bit, but--"
The moonlet runs again, but this time into your garden, and it squaks loudly like a gooze.
"Awwwww..." Lilly whines, with all of her pieces strewn around the ceiling, as Natan walks out of your house to talk with the moonlet and a small duda that it was carrying.
>>
>>33239125
Well, looks like they're here. Let's get our greetings out of the way.
>>
>>33239125
Is he alright?
>>
>>33239125
PANIC! Make sure your precious plants aren't too damaged.
>>
>>33239171 >>33239213 >>33239277
"What is it--? Hey!" You snap at the moonlet the moment it lifts a feet, "Don't mess my grass!"
"They come for Natan." She mutters, barely louder than the distant music.
"Lovesick little copper." Mutters Bedside after blowing some smoke. "Go with them if you want that so much."
"Is it that?" Asks Necia. "I didn't know duda could."
"Wait what--"
"Get your head off the gutter." Whines Lilly, "I'll be the only robot left too, it's not fair."
Paused.
>>
>>33239589
Lily, you're not the last robot left. You have orange and blue.
>>
>>33239995
"Aren't there orange and blue?"
"Cyan is broken and orange is-- It's worse than nothing." Lilly has no face, but if she did she'd be pouting. "It's like having a doll that everyone thinks is like you."
"Are you sure it's so bad?" Asks Necia, "Mayb--"
"I forgot they exist, doesn't that say anything?" Insists Lilly. "Stuff only gets worse and now we're losing friends too."

Now paused for realsies.
>>
>>33240762
Lilly, friends always come and go. That's something we all have to accept, and no one is comparing you to orange and blue if that's really that big of a concern.
Maybe you should speak to Herb on how to handle this. He knows what it's like to literally be the only one of his kind.
>>
>>33240762
Lilly you'll make more robot friends along the way. He'll also really miss you too. Maybe you should ask for some kind of gift to remember him by and you can give him something as well?
>>
bump
>>
what a cute little robot. Maybe they'll meet again somewhere in the future. Or not. Probably will never see each other again.
>>
>>33242130
>>
>>33244329
>>
So is Natan's boat done and we can see it?
>>
File: file.png (26 KB, 436x382)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>
>>33247740
>>
File: file.png (76 KB, 413x369)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>33240913 >>33240986 >>33243006 >>33247410 >>33247740
"People comes and goes all the time."
"Fight too hard and you break." Repeats Bedside tiredly. "You kids need to learn..."
"She's right, you know..."
"I dooo..."
"But this isn't goodbye forever, you know that too right? And we'll make more friends"
"I knoooooow..."
"It just doesn't seem, entirely fair to me?" Necia looks down.
"Why do you think I'm telling this to you and not him?"
Necia puffs her cheeks and keeps looking down, "I wish I'd have gotten to know him better. I think we could've been good friends."
You nearly say something else, but Bedside gives you a sideways look that makes you stay quiet.
"And I wanna peck now."
Bedside chokes on her cigarette.
"What?" You ask her.
"That's what was in your head?" Bedside sounds disappointed when she asks it.
Necia opens her beak, but Lilly talks over her, "Technically she's still bitching about life, so it's fair game."
"Yes, but--"
"No one else wants to peck things?"
"What's that like even?"
"Your neck kind of aches like you have to twitch it." She pecks to show you. "You know what I mean?"
"Wait, we're getting off topic." You cover her face with a wing, "Natan's ship is fixed?"
Lilly lets her face plate slam down on the roof, and the soft slam sounds perfectly in sync with the distant music as it picks a crescendo that echoes through the mist , "They're saying that they'll send people to fix it, but still."
>>
>>33251927
If he's leaving soon we should have a party for him to say good bye. Also make a speech about how much we've enjoyed our time together.
Pat lilly. It's gonna be ok.
>>
>>33251927
So it looks like we'll still need to wait a bit longer. If you both want to say your goodbyes and/or spend time them a little longer, now's the time.
>>
File: file.png (130 KB, 639x596)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>33251958 >>33251964
"Then you have plenty of time, right?"
"I guess..." Mutters Necia.
Lilly stays quiet. The music keeps picking up, ever so slightly off tune, and Necia starts bobbing her head to it in pecking motions.
"When I... my father told me something once." You almost hope that Bedside will say something else and spare you having to say it, "Every instant you spend walling up in your regret, you may be missing a chance to fix or improve things. And I feel that's something all of us should think about more often."
"Pots and kettles." Bedside exhales smoke.
"I guess."
Bedside looks down at her cigarette, hovering it in the air booredly, "Either of you smoke, kids?"
>>
>>33252282
Nope. Smoking is bad for your lungs and I've heard people who managed to quit say they feel way better and less tired then when they did smoke. Necia don't you even think of touching that.
>>
>>33252282
No, I've heard far too much about how bad of a habit it could be. It's slightly ironic that a doctor like you would nonchalantly use them. Then again, I can't really judge whatsoever how others find a way to avoid wallowing. Anything is better then that.
>>
>>33252298
Maybe we should be a bit more careful to not insult the doctor too much. Definitely don't want to get on her bad side if we inevitably get injured again.
>>
>>33252653
So telling the truth is insulting? I'm not even saying that she's a moron or a drug pusher or an addict. Just saying no and explaining why.
>>
>>33252774
I'm not saying we should lie. I'm just saying we should be tactful in explaining how bad smoking really is. Although, you're probably right that it doesn't matter. Bedside is too old too care at this point.
>>
File: file.png (180 KB, 717x634)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>33252298 >>33252322 >>33252653 >>33252774
"Isn't that bad for your health...?"
"Better than bug bites." She keeps spinning it in the air, keeping up with the music's tempo even as it grows more frenetic, "Or a shaky hoof and horn during surgery. Have either of you seen Bunya, or Lone Star?"
"I heard about Lone Star." Answers Necia unsurely. "But I thought it wasn't serious?"
"It's not serious if you got the resources to keep it from being. Same as any sickness. But no. You'll want a smoke when the bug season comes. I have no idea how does the girl /not/ smoke."
>>
>>33252848
When is bug season? Is that something we'll have to worry about in warmer waters?
>>
>>33252848
Bug season? Is it so stressful to the point it makes you do bad habits?
>>
Paused.
>>
Let's hope lilly is able to sense bugs around us so none land on and bite us if the time comes. Deploying a barrier if so.
>>
>>33252282
>And I feel that's something all of us should think about more often."
>"Pots and kettles." Bedside exhales smoke.
>all of us
What more does she want. Old uppity bitch.
I guess just take note that bedside is generally a grumpy pants.

>"Better than bug bites."
that might be a valid concern in this world. We don't know how bad some of these bug bites might be for your health, or how common they are.
>"Or a shaky hoof and horn during surgery.
oh
she's just trying to validate her own habit to us. Do you think she knows that the shaking is caused by the cigar in the first place? She might actually think she is solving a problem caused by age. Regardless, her habit is her problem.

>>33253732
>constant physically-impassable bubble all day and all night
we might want to consider making at least one room of our ship air-tight with a single screened air-port that can be opened.
>>
File: file.png (119 KB, 468x358)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>33252880 >>33252894 >>33253732 >>33254208
"Are the bugs that bad that you need something to cope?"
"What?" She puts the stick back in her mouth, "No. They don't like the smoke. It keeps them away."
"Oh. Er. What's the bug season?"
"Can you do tricks with that?" Asks Necia. "I knew a ma--"
"When it gets two or three degrees hoter and they start breeding." Bedside takes a deep inhale, scrunching a little, and covers her snout with her hoof and puffs her cheeks, and the smoke starts coming out her ears instead.
>>
Also, with the whole Tumblr exodus shit going on I made a twitrer and set my tumblr to send all posts there automatically: https://twitter.com/DInexistente
If you have a twitter account, or simply can't view my tumblr because of the restructed age bullshit, this should be useful to you.
>>
>>33255585
Then the warm waters sounds like it will be filled with them. Better find a way to use smoke to ward them off. Also, that's a neat little smoke trick from Bedside.
>>
>>33255585
I'm amazed by that trick and was expecting smoke rings. Lilly's been quiet for awhile. I don't think she's here anymore.
>>
File: file.png (86 KB, 511x507)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>33255590 >>33255620 >>33255831
"How'd you learn that?"
She opens her mouth and exhales a mouthful of smoke, "I made it up. There's all sort of nonsense in anatomy."
"Huuh. So should we get ready for bugs in warm waters?"
"So that's where you're heading?" She gives you a surprised look. "I think we'd arrive right as it starts there."
"Aha- Lilly?" You turn around to her, "You still with us?"
"Just thinking."
A especially sharp note in the distant music makes your ears hurt. "And, is it just me or is that music getting obnoxious?"
"What music?"
>>
>>33256209
Try humming the music that is currently being played and confirm that no one else can hear the music. Try to listen where it's loudest and possibly coming from.
Oh no we're being watched.
>>
>>33256209
Does no else hear it? It's starting to hurt!
>>
File: file.png (186 KB, 745x695)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>33256287
>>33256293
"You don't hear it? Non of you?"
"Nop." Necia is still bobbing her head as she says it.
"Not a note."
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah, Lilly, it's like a untz untz and then this pause with uh, guitar?"
"What's a guy tar?" Asks Necia.
"I'll tell you later, but the song is really getting on my nerves."
"Where is it coming from?" Asks Lilly carefully, like you're talking crazy.
"From that party over there?"
All three of them look at the mist and then share looks, but Bedside breaks the silence quick. "Maybe you just need to slee--"
You grunt when a especially sharp note makes your ear hurt.
"--To have a good night sleep, boy."

Sorry for the delay. Paused.
>>
>>33257127
I know what will solve this. We will fly towards the mist and ask the musicians to please keep the noise down. Or just try to plug our ears with something.
>>
>>33257127
Cover our ears with something. How strange that we're the only ones to hear it.
>>33257433
Doesn't seem safe to go directly to the source without knowing what could possibly be making this sound. Also, our wings are far too painful to use anytime, after that last fight causing our whole body to be sore.
>>
>>33257127
Bedside, I have been through events that specifically put specifically my sanity into question at least four times in the two months (or however long) since my house decided to hop dimensions, and every single time I later produced physical results which other people could see. So is there even any fog over there or what? What do you see with your normal eyes?

>either answer

well, I'm not going to be able to sleep with this noise, even if I am crazy.
>>
File: file.png (46 KB, 548x501)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>33257433 >>33257581 >>33257660
"Maybe I do. And maybe this is like every time I've thought I was but something was going on." you scoff and run off the ceiling, gliding down to the floor and trotting across the mist.
It's... much thicker than you realized.
You shake your head and keep walking to the lights and music, bothered by your hooves having a faint grasp on the mist like they would in a cloud.
Then a second song, as nonsensical as the first, starts playing behind and above you.
>>
>>33258881
Walk towards the music behind you and see if it stays in one place or decides to jump somewhere else again.
>>
>>33258908
You turn around and try seeing where is the second song coming from, with the first one still hitting painful notes constantly, but can't make out anything but buildings in the mist.
>>
>>33258916
Fly up and search the area to try to find who is playing that music. If we can't see anyone then we can at least fly away to a place that's more quiet.
>>
File: file.png (40 KB, 629x583)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>33258942
You fly up across the mist, trying to spot the musicians. The first song is still coming from the party, thought from here you can see that the floor is empty and there's only one or -you're not sure- maybe two people in the stage.
But where is the other song coming from? You fly higher, but the song is constantly hovering above you. As you reach higher, it turns easier to hear, but the mist makes it harder to ascend.
https://files.catbox.moe/44buyy.mp3
>>
>>33259171
Try to start "digging" through and clearing the mist using our pegasus magic to make a hole for us to keep going up. This is all pretty confusing.
>>
>>33259171
>https://files.catbox.moe/44buyy.mp3
holy fuckin shit that's loud for a sound that's just permeating the night sky
>>
File: file.png (73 KB, 716x417)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>33259203 >>33259286
What's happening? You use your magic to clear away a little dome of mist, still trying to see where does this music come.
The first song falters. You don'0t know how, but you know that something, maybe a single note, was plucked the wrong way.
A hoof the size of your whole body falls on the cloud dome near you with a shower of starlike sparks, and then another, as the second song becomes even louder than it already was.
https://files.catbox.moe/hyy08o.mp3
>>
>>33259446
>a thing is attempting to "be" in our vicinity
this seems like a time for either dance or existential terror
since running has no affect on whatever existential terror might be coming for us, I vote we dance to the beat of our objecting overclocked heart in the hopes that it is friendly.
>>
>>33259446
This is what we get for forgetting our hat.
>>
>>33259446
Um... say hello? It hasn't tried to end us as soon as we were noticed. Maybe it's friendly? Maybe it was fate to make this meeting happen?
>>
>>33259446
I'm going to a take a chance and say to dance to the music. If that doesn't work then poke the hoof.
>>
File: file.png (53 KB, 711x396)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>33259468 >>33259480 >>33259482 >>33259483
"Hello?" You force yourself to walk forward to the giant hoof. Maybe dancing? But didn't Twilight say magic dancing always needs something related to what you're dancing for?
The first song picks up again with a sudden, louder note, and the hooves turn smaller and the thing that was climbing losses its grasp for that brief moment, making it fall and revealing a bridge of stars behind it that disappears into the distance.
It holds a grasp of the mist, however, and keeps trying to climb.
"Who are you?" You ask, trying to keep your voice from shaking.

https://files.catbox.moe/t319sd.mp3
>>
>>33259869
Uh ok. You're lettuce leaf. Is music the only way you can communicate? Should we sing? Do we need to make a bigger floor space so whatever is trying to climb up here has more room?
>>
>>33259869
Can it only talk through music? Maybe we should back away and let them climb up for whatever reason.
>>
>>33259869
Bridge? I would think the otherpone's other half would come walking down it while un-stretching and gaining opacity, but the forelegs/fingers are clearly indicating that the main body is downward. It could be the case that this thing is not trying to pull itself to us, but is instead pulling our chunk of reality towards it's own. That would explain the bridge as being a physical representation of the contact between our reality and its reality.
Maybe we're being possessed? Maybe we are meant to walk down the bridge ourselves and this is like a mental-space, thus causing our mind to walk out of our body.

In any case, it looks like it is struggling. We probably aren't strong enough to just lift it, but we could probably shove it over the edge and go to sleep. We could also harden the clouds and maybe make a grip.
>>
Paused.
>>
>>33260308
>>
I hope this thing is friendly. I also hope that it can moderate it's "singing" to a more tolerable level.
>>
just go to sleep forhead
>>
Help or push it?
>>
>>33261881
Um...dammit. I'm hesitant to vote to push it, but it's impossible to tell if it's truly friendly or not. Unless it can lower it's music so it won't hurt us, we need to push it to stop the pain.
>>
>>33261881
Tell them to lower their volume and if they do help and if they don't push.
>>
>>33261881
I'm thinking just help
the music thing might only be stopped by finishing whatever this bullshit is, and an antagonistic relationship with this thing is not what I want
>>
>>33259919 >>33259973 >>33259975 >>33260962 >>33261001 >>33261881 >>33262209 >>33262229
"Be quiet and I'll help you!" You try covering your ears with your wings, overwhelmed by the guitar notes and the noises this creature produces. "Just let me think!"
It keeps singing, and thought it tries to climb, every time it does a sharp guitar note seems to push it back down.
Your feathers touch nothingness above your mane, where did your hat go? You just had it on!
Another, sharper string makes one of the hooves -or fingers?- lose its grip, making you whimper, "How do I know you won't attack me, huh!?"
It just keeps singing, pulling down the mist.
Screw this.
Screw all this noise! You stomp down on the mist, breaking the magic that kept it together and making the creature fall away.
https://files.catbox.moe/zwkc27.mp3
You hover in the mist, watching as the star bridge shatters and each of them returns to its proper spot in heaven...
And the guitar plucks are turning softer and slower now, thought the musician hasn't quite stopped yet.
>>
>>33262533
Maybe we need to beat it to death with a cloud shaped club.
>>
>>33262533
As long as it's bearable, that's fine. Better not hurt our ears again, or else.
>>
Btw, the song is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wzoSdgpzA or https://pengosolvent.bandcamp.com/track/you-didnt-have-to-say-that
>>
>>33262595 >>33262618 >>33262641
You stay in place for a moment longer, still feeling bothered after whatever it is that just happened, and yell, "Could you stop that!?"
The song keeps slowing its tempo unaffected.
"It's not even good music!" You yell again.
There's a sharp note and the shape of the pony, vague in the mist, twitches as if startled.
"That's one way to be thankful," Yells an old stallion, "Considering I just saved yer sorry scrawny ass!"
>>
>>33262757
I don't even know what just happened. All I heard was a bunch of loud head pounding music and I thought you were some kind of music ghost that wanted to drain me of my spirit. Crazy things exist like that where I'm from you know! Sorry for being cautious!
>>
>>33262757
I could thank you, but I have no idea what's going on! Just that I was the only one in my group to hear music like a crazy person.
>>
So, now that the moment is over and my comment will not be taken as a valid command,

>>33259869
>But didn't Twilight say magic dancing requires something related to what you're dancing for
I don't recall that being the case. I recall twilight telling us that summoning the wheels and then directing their attention required symbolism related to the things we were dancing for. Dancing itself still has to have a magical component in that system, or else the process that checks the symbols for meaning wouldn't start. Since it's you saying it and since I don't remember clearly how the conversation went, there is a good chance that I'm totally wrong, but even if that is so, artistic expression has magical properties in the cirquesque universe.

Singing has an effect. Paintings, dancing, instrumentation, and singing all share a heightened and only marginally understood metaphysical significance. Even the symbolic items used in the dance could count as an artistic expression. The reason I wanted to have leaf dance was not to summon the wheels, but merely to, in the face of a metaphysical and eldritch threat, helplessly and desperately grasp at another kind of metaphysical eldritch power in order to maybe upset the status-quo. He wouldn't have known which result he was hoping for, only that doing nothing and knowing nothing and waiting felt worse than taking an ignorant action. Since every normal tool he knew of was irrelevant, leaning into this world's madness and rules seemed appropriate.

All this said, if your vision of leaf in this moment would sooner engage scared pleasantries, that's fine too. I'm not pushing for my option to be used retroactively, just correcting a possible misunderstanding of my reasoning.

>>33262757
>not good
why is leaf so ooc today
he still has a pulse, right?
>>
>>33262956 >>33262769 >>33262796
"I don't even know what's happening! Everything just went crazy!"
"Then do like a tree and wait a fucking minute! It's all going to normal soon."

Paused.
>>
>>33262956
I was going to mention Leaf shaking his ass as he thought that, but seem to have forgotten about it.
>>
>>33263382
Act like a tree Leaf! Remember Sea's lessons and BE the tree. How does a tree think?
>>
>>33263382
Explain everything when when things are normal.
>>
I wonder if it's surprising or not that he knows what a tree is.
>>
>>33263382
>leaf taking hit frustrations and fears out on some guy who might not deserve it
I mean, this guy could just as soon be secretly hindering us as helping us, but abusing some guy in fear seems rather anti-leaf.

Leaf: Calm down enough to be very disappointed in your behavior in a few sentence. Be all like "Good!" and then don't know what to say and ramble for a moment.
>>
>>33262533
>Another, sharper string makes one of the hooves -or fingers?- lose its grip,
why does leaf know what fingers are
>>
Bump
>>
>>33263983
I imagine Leaf is far too stressed and tired to not have a short temper right now.
>>
>>33263995
That's silly.
>>
File: file.png (114 KB, 592x543)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>33263387 >>33263475 >>33263483 >>33263907 >>33263983 >>33265275
Alright, like a tree... "Look, worry for that outburst!" Like a t-- "Wait what do you mean like a tree?"
"Just--"
You fly down to him quickly, noticing that the second person is gone now if they were ever here.
"You know what--?"
"Look, if you're scared of the beasty," He cuts you drily. "I scared it good. Bad music breaks spell songs. I don't care /why/ it came to you, but you have plenty of time before it returns if it does."
>>
>>33266071
They have reasons for coming to ponies? Are they always bad things? Does that mean we need to get a flute or a drum and the next time we start hearing music just play badly?
Do you have a name? Are you an equestrian like me? Because your wings are normal sized.
>>
>>33266071
How much time? What are these beasts called, and why could I only hear them?
>>
File: file.png (67 KB, 543x495)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>33266086
>>33266115
"What was it?"
"It's a nightmare gone crazy... part of someone bigger who cast it away. I never gave it a name. It doesn't deserve it."
The song is hard to hear now, so softly his hooves hit the strings.
"I keep it in check. I think others do too, but I've never seen them." He laughs bitterly like it's an inside joke, "Ol' colt's gone crazy so exhausting this is. But don't worry, I scared it away. You have a few moons if it comes back."
"And why could only /I/ hear it?"
"Caus it came for you. It's harder to kick back when it comes for more people, so be thankful.."
His wings flutter and fold, pressed tightly against his body as a feather, old and unkempt, floats in place for a moment before falling.
"Jes a few more minutes." He mutters quietly to himself. "Then I can wake up."
"Are you Equestrian?"
His hooves his the strings hard and suddenly when he hears the question, and his face twists in a pained grimace.
"I am--" You start.
His hoof hits the strings /hard/ again, so hard one of them breaks, and produces a cacophony that makes you close your eyes in pain.
When you open them again you're in the middle of a bright party, overfilled with mirth and music. Several foals run past you chasing a mocking moonlet, and before long orange floats to you and hovers quietly. Moments later, Lilly's voice comes out of it:
"What happened?"
"That's what I want to know." You say distractedly. A filly, about to turn into a mare, walks by swinging her hips as she plays a flute.
"Well you kept blinking on and off the radar."
"There was fog and something tried to reach me."
"Leaf? Are you alright?" Asks Necia through the 'phone call', "They were trying to find you until just now."
"I think I am." You look back at your body. Nothing hurts, or feels off...
"Was it an unicorn?" Asks Lilly. "I thought it was teleportation."
"I think it was music magic."
"Weird. Maybe your friend knows something?"
"Who?"
"You know, the griffon."
>>
>>33266512
I have two griffin friends. Are you talking about Quilroy? Or the other who follows us around? Because they might not be easy to contact.
Should we follow the flute player to be safe from other possible nightmares?
>>
>>33266512
Maybe. Apparently it was some magic nightmare that was aiming for me specifically? That's why no one else could hear it. There was a Pegasus there who used music magic. He might've been Equestrian, but he didn't like my question when I asked.
How long were we out for? Did we just stand still for so long?
>>33266526
We have a few days until it strikes again, so we don't need to worry about being attacked at this moment.
>>
>>33266512
I know more than one griffon. Where are you anyways, Lily?
>>
>>33266526 >>33266534 >>33266824
"Quilroy?"
"No, the one that spooks you."
What? "Esteece doesn't spook me."
"You're the one who thought of him..."
"Oh. Uh. Right. I don't know if I can find him now?"
"From what you told me it sounded like the issue was finding him in Landly, wasn't it?"
"Anywhere near Twilight or Lagai more like. Where are you?"
"Still back home, I was scanning for you while Orange searched."
"You couldn't find me?"
"I told you, you kept appearing in the radar and dissappearing again."
>>
>>33266905
Seems like I was in and out of a dream where something wanted to kill me. It'll come back in a few days, and I won't be able to protect myself without something music-like?
>>
>>33266905
Have orange guide you home. Also I think we were in the dream world.
>>
>>33266905
>You thought of the only other possible option after I told you it wasn't the first one
You got me there
>>
>>33266905
Hang on, who even spooks us if it's none of the only griffons we know? How does Lily even know if us being spooked is even true?
>>
How old you think the main cast are?
>>
>>33266512
>His hooves his the strings hard and suddenly when he hears the question,
cammy lol wtf

>>33266905
have we even met a third griffin.

Wait, your radar can identify specific ponies
technology

go home
>>
Time to start packing up and leaving.
>>
>>33267537
Nitpicky nitpicky nitpick.
Also bump.
>>
If we're in a market area we should find out where instruments are sold and how much they cost.
>>
Boomer Leaf mowing the lawn outside Sea's window
>>
I think cammy is dead.
>>
>>33275636
No, I just was too tired to run today. Schedule should go back to normal tomorrow.
>>
>>33275644
>>
>>33266919 >>33266924 >>33266926 >>33266948 >>33267233 >>33268755 >>33273165 >>33274099
You walk in the piper's direction, wanting to be near music just in case, "Your radar can tell between people?"
"...no, but it can point my other sensors which can. Does it matter?"
"Not really, but how long ago did I hear this music?"
"About five paks?" Asks Necia through the radio call, then stutters. "Er. thirty minutes. More or less. Twenty five-ish?"
"Right, so I was walking in mist, the city was empty, and there was this thing coming out of... nowhere? There was music and then it appeared climbing to the cloud I was on. but then the first song was pushing it back."
"Magic music? Was it sirens?" Asks Necia. "You can play bad music--"
"i know that, there was another pony doing exactly that. But there was this weird bridge in the sky, like it was made of stars, I think could've walked on it if I wanted to."
"And you didn't?" Lilly sounds surprised when she asks it.
"Well no, the weird nightmare thing, the pony called it a nightmare, was scary. But I think I found another Equestrian, he was the one playing that bad guitar. But he didn't like it when I asked him that so he just dissappeared. That's when I came back, in the middle of whatever this festival is."
"It's got to do with moonlets. But maybe you could look for him, if people always notices /your/ wings..."
You nearly crash into a line of foals when they run in front of you suddenly, but catch up to the piper quickly. She gives you a wink and keeps playing her pipe pleasantly, trotting slightly faster now.
"Maybe. I'd like to. But we don't know if he's in Landly, do we?"

>1/2
>>
"If it was something like a dream he can't be much further, most Equestrian dream walkers have a short range."
A filly-- Early sees you, gestures at you, and runs off before you can answer, but moments later her father trots your way, asking you to stop walking. The piper huffs when you do this, wiping her magenta tail and trotting away.
"Look, someone was asking about you and your friends." He says hushedly, lowering his head a little. "I didn't like that unicorn's look any, he looked a bit too sharp, you know what I mean?"
>2/2
>>
>>33279433
I get you. Is he near us right now, and can you describe him a bit more?
This is really worrying. Is this a unicorn we know from the party? They shouldn't have been able to identify us with our acting. Either way, the time to get leave Landly safely is rapidly going down.
>>
>>33279433
Darn. That piper could have been fun. Describe sledge and ask if that was the unicorn that was asking questions. Or was it the unicorn that we fought while at the twilight cermony? He looked way sharper then sledge. His name was star something? Did we talk to him about letting early play with rusty?
>>
>>33279486
>Darn. That piper could have been fun.
Find her.
>>
>>33279535
Why? Who cares about the piper. We've just been told that some unicorn is actively searching for our group as we speak.
>>
>>33279535
But she ran off and will be hard to find. I do want to find her though. She's giving a lot of good signals.
>>
>>33279433
How long ago did this unicorn come across here? Do you know where he went to search next.
>>33279535
Is there something important about the piper that I missed?
>>
>>33279553
A lot of good signals on what? It's a filly.
>>
>>33279553
What are we going to do when we find her? I really hope you aren't insinuating we follow her for inappropriate reasons.
>>
>>33279739
Of course it's not inappropriate but flat out raunchy.
You don't need to worry because cammy is just gonna railroad it away from anything like that anyway.
>>
>>33279777
No, I'm just more worried that people were suddenly really eager to have Leaf track down a filly we just met for lewd reasons. I'm guessing everyone thought that this was an actual mare, and just forgot?
Seemed like a rushed decision out of pure instinct, because she was a female winking at us. Kinda funny looking back at it.
>>
>>33279800
"A filly, about to turn into a mare"
Notice how it says "about to." you're seeing sweetie belle when really she's a slightly older teenage applejack.
>>
>>33279807
Funny, I read is as a filly about to run into a mare. It's questionable to still be doing anything with her, but that's my mistake.
Still really out of character for Leaf to even consider tracking someone unimportant he just saw.
>>
>>33279829
Wouldn't cammy have just said that she turns so avoid walking into someone in that case? It's an honest mistake I suppose. How do you know she's unimportant? You don't know anything about her other then that she's playing a flute and giving leaf a "try to catch me" look.
>>
>>33279450 >>33279486 >>33279535 >>33279544 >>33279553 >>33279588 >>33279592 >>33279739 >>33279800 >>33279829 >>33279844
"Yes, is he around now?"
"I haven't seen them in the party..."
"Them?"
"Yes, he was with this pegasus... She was twitchy, but stayed away from us."
"Did they look messy? Like they'd been in a fight?"
"You know them?"
You sigh, "I think so. So they were asking for us?"
"They asked an awful lot about that weird griffon friend that you have, but Rise, you know she has a talent with people?"
"Yeah?" You start walking with him, looking at the crowd more carefully now. There's a few other musicians around, some of them asking for coin. "Wait, which griffon?" Why is everyone talking about griffons now?
"You know the tall one that has hair that's around you. But Rise said he looked like he was doing his job, which is well, odd, but he really was acting all professional."
"And the mare?"
"Didn't talk with us, I saw her talking with Stone later, though"

The thing with the piper is mostly that it'd be odd to have him hot and bothered right away. I'd need two or three posts if you guys really want to chase tail.
And just for clarity's sake, she's young as in a smol, barely eighteen filly, not as in tryhard sixteen, I didn't think the difference was relevant in the first post.
>>
>>33279844
Because she hasn't shown any reason to be important to Leaf. Unless she shows a reason to be worth trying to speak to her, there's no reason in Leaf's mind to track her.
>>
>>33279858
Thank him for the information. Unless he has something else to tell us? If not let's try to catch that piper. I wanna know what the end of that adventure gives.
>>33279861
The reason is simple enough. Leaf isn't dumb enough to not see that she is trying to get his attention and he's curious to find out what she wants.
>>
>>33279858
Very concerning that they've shown a very early interest in asking about us so soon after the fight. We should let the others know about this soon. If there's a festival going on right now, it's worth considering buying.
>>33279883
And it's not important enough for her to not play around with. It's especially less worth considering now with this news that we just heard.
>>
>>33279858
Better get home as soon as possible and try to contact that griffon to warn them about that duo.
The piper doesn't have my attention. I don't see much of an important reason to waste time following her at all, except for lewd reasons. And by Cammy's explanation, it only points to that direction so far. Now's not the time to lose focus on what we need to do.
>>
Cammy obviously needs to stop trying to make lewd set ups happen. A majority of players hate it.
>>
>>33279902
>>33279979
Is there a reason we just can't tell them this over orange. He's a radio. We don't even know where to find him.
>>
>>33279993
Mate the most suggestive thing I wrote was an eye blink, that's hardly setting up anything.
>>
>>33279993
If anything, the players are making this more of a lewd setup by instantly treating it as one. She might have something else to say, or have a different discussion on something with her, but the reasons given by others to follow her are lewd so far.
>>
>>33279998
Then we focus on business elsewhere. Like buying what we need from our large list to get out of Landly as soon as possible. I don't see her as important enough to consider tracking her.
>>
>>33279883 >>33279902 >>33279979 >>33279998 >>33280037
"Thanks for the warning, was there anything else about them?"
"I don't know, that mare looked twitchy. like she was itching."
"What for?"
"Couldn't tell, but it left Early feeling mopey, you know? She's sensitive like that."
"Talking about her... I have--" Better not mention that you accidentally took his daughter somewhere else. "--a friend that has a foal, he and Early played earlier, and his mother wanted to talk about playtime? I don't know about dad things like that." You admit. "Just remember he won't talk. It's been a bad time for him lately."
"She can bring him sometime, but I want to keep an eye on her now."
"See ya." You mutter when he walks away looking for Early.
"Lilly? You got that? You were quiet."
"Yes. Talking via radio freaks people out here, like the projector."
That again, you think sighing, and keep walking among the crowd thinking of buying a cheap instrument now just in case, "So what do you think?"
"You fought with an unicorn?"
"With the pegasus. You didn't know about that?"
"No one's told me anything about that thing with Twilight's party yet.. why do we have so many parties all of a sudden?"
"I wish I knew."
"Be careful. Every party so far has had a fight."
"If you're joking now, I can't really tell when you do, Lilly."
She's quiet for a moment as orange follows you hovering, "Aw, and I thought I was doing it alright..."
"Joking aside."
"I don't know, Leaf. If you fought with them this morning it'd be unrealistic for them to find where you live so quickly, or I think so, but it may also have to do with other people. At least we're going away soon now."
"I just hope it's soon enough."
"Ye--" She cuts herself "Pink?"
"Who?"
"Nevermind, part of my program. But it says 'hope for the best, prepare for the worst'."

>1/2
>>
File: file.png (76 KB, 566x700)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
"Aha." you nod distractedly and take flight to have a better view of the crowd, and find what you were looking for. "Sounds like what my brother would say."
There's a stallion carrying a pair of racks like saddle bags, showing off several cheaply made instruments for sell, but it may be useful if the nightmare appears again. There's several kinds of pipes and even a much longer one laying on his back, like a guitar with a bow and a perfectly round head, but that one loos like it's more for show than to sell it-- all of them are the kind of thing you buy for your foal or to have fun and forget about before long.
"Don't you have guitars?" You ask offhandedly, poking the xylophone.
"I don't know what that is."

>2/2
>>
>>33280307
the ending number of my post is the instrument you shall buy
>>
>>33280307
Describe a guitar. Looks like we're going to have to compromise on 7 if he doesn't know an equivalent. Do we even have any money on us?
>>
>>33280359
What kind of stupid question is that. Of course we have money on us other wise we wouldn't be standing here or have this choice. 7 is also terrible. We're getting five.
>>
>>33280367
I don't see why that question is stupid. It's not like we were carrying a bag with us when we suddenly teleported, and even if we somehow pulled money out of who knows where, we don't know how much we're carrying.
I'll be honest, I don't recognize 5, and I second guess my descicion on 7 anyways, but why is that the best instrument? We should look for an instrument that make the most painful music for the nightmare.
>>
>>33280385
I told you in the post why it was a stupid question. Look at the instrument next to it for a clue. How did you forget we're rich or at least well off now that we don't have to pay to excavate natans boat?
>>
>>33280397
I didn't say we weren't well off or poor. I'm just assuming Leaf doesn't carry money on him right at this moment.
>>
>>33280412
Well you're wrong. You'll see when the post is up.
>>
>>33280412
Every post an argument, do I have to put you in a time out corner or something?
Leaf has money, why else would he go buy something, there's accounting for issues and there's making them up.
>>
>>33280420
It's a simple question, and I'm not the one making or starting arguments over it. I'm not trying to make this some issue to inconvenience us. I'm just sharing what I think, even if it might be dumb and wrong.
>>
>>33279777
>there WAS a female at midnight after a day of physically strenuous activity
>therefore we MUST hit that immediately
oh you guys

>>33279993
>author mentions a female
>"what a cocktease"
oh you guys

>speaking for other people
eat a dick, hot things are hot

>>33280307
>buy an instrument
it won't be what you've already learned to play. If we aren't just musically inclined, this is a bit of a waste.
For anti-nightmare purposes, we should pick the instrument that can make the most dissonant sound, loudest sound, or largest range of pitches. I would guess that the string instruments are probably fine for that. 6 is probably loud and sharp enough. I think the two unlabeled ones are types of drums, which don't fulfill our purpose. We also want this to be something portable so that we can have it with us at all times, which means that 6, 7, 8, and 9 are all out and might break anyway. 1 is clearly very limited. 5 might not have enough power behind it because it is limited to it's own vibration's volume. 5 is probably also too difficult to store. So, 2, 3, and 4 are the only ones that seem like options to me.

What are they? Can we make them loud enough to vibrate the liquid in our heart without damaging the instrument?
>>
>>33280445
It surprises me no one went after her because she was swinging her hips around when walking by leaf. When following her she winked at him when she noticed him and went a little faster to see if he was interested in her or just a coincidence and was disappointed when we stopped to talk to the stallion. Maybe it was all just a coincidence though.
>>
>>33280461
I don't think he's arguing that she wasn't wasn't dropping hints for us to follow. He's just amused by how easily horny we were to have sex with a mare we just barely saw, just because it's a female.
>>
>>33280469
Nah. I was interested in her because she was playing music. Musicians are fun people.
>>
>>33280469
I was under the impression that she was winking in a "I acknowledge that the minor inconvenience the children just caused you was actually caused by me, but also we both know that this little social understanding is just part of the festivities." or, more specifically, "aren't we all basically babysitting collectively right now?"

I also kinda figured she was playing the roll of the piper, which is a rather distant but also warm character. It would let her do a 4rth wall break while still maintaining character and would also let her check out this strange male who might be some asshole who's enraged at the thought of children. Forming a dialog is useful defensibly, in that information and control are the keys to safety.

But you are definitely right about me not arguing any of that. I sure wasn't and didn't, at the time.
>>
>>33280385
>We should look for an instrument that make the most painful music for the nightmare.
>>33280445
>it won't be what you've already learned to play. If we aren't just musically inclined, this is a bit of a waste.
Nothing wrong with buying something Leaf can have fun with too.
>>
https://www.strawpoll.me/17031389
>>
>>33280956
ooooooohhhhhhh
it's a slide whistle and the angled tube is a... ok then.
How does a pony position it's hoof too...

I liked the song that was played as an example of "bad" music, so I am thinking "breaking melody" is the key component. If I think of a nightmare as being a collection of mental constructs, it would make sense that introducing it to broken, incomplete, or flawed patterns would hurt it. It certainly makes more sense then all nightmares just being compulsively revolted by a lack of musical excellence.
much larger pan flute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYzonR_4qxk
flute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1H9yq0UrE
weird flue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuckingnothing
slide whistle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZBUXWCSaw
>>
>>33280325 >>33280359 >>33280367 >>33280385 >>33280397 >>33280412 >>33280413 >>33280420 >>33280438 >>33280445 >>33280461 >>33280469 >>33280472 >>33280653 >>33280711 >>33280956 >>33281103
"It's like a larger violin." You pick the whistle and flute and weight them out of habit-- the maker might've made them as toys mostly, but they're still comfortably heavy. "Only you don't use a bow, just your hooves."
"Like a banjo--? Wait a moment." He turns to a griffon and trades him a thumb piano rapidly before looking back at you, "Far from home, huh? You're from the third Corner?"
"Bit further." You smile for him and pay up. He smiles back, tiredly, and keeps walking, and then you're left feeling alone in the crowd, and sigh. "It's been a long day."
"You look tired." Replies Lilly.
"I've not felt sleepy since the taint infection." You start heading back home. "I kinda miss it."

>1/2
>>
Sea groans. It's a breathy, long groan, the kind that's making a point all by itself and usually happens after an argument that might happen restart at a moment's notice.
Only none of you had an argument, even thought you're grumpy because apparently magical nightmares give you a bad night's sleep afterwards.
"We /have/ fish if you want breakfast now." You tell her.
"I want fresh." She still doesn't jump into the water, even thought she's at the very edge of your lawn.
You share a look with Necia, who is holding the cutting board and a pair of knives, and she shrugs.
"They are looking for us." Mutters Sea.
"Yes."
Sea doesn't curse, but a small curl appears on her lips, you can't tell if it's a grimace or a cruel smirk.
"We don't know if it's just the two of them or someone else." Says Necia, "If they're doing this as a job..."
Sea's expression turns to a grimace, making Necia cringe.
"We don't know enough." Mutters Sea, unaware of this, before jumping into the water suddenly with a jury rigged spear on her tail.
You look at the water, swishing your tail, and sink your face in the water suddenly.
You don't know enough about any of that. How are you supposed to know what to do about it? And just as you were about to clear the coast safely...
When you pull your head out of the water Necia is giving you an odd look, which you shrug off, grabbing the pipe you bought last night, "I needed to freshen."
"Hm. Do you think they're searching us? Me and Sea?"

>2/2
Not a session proper, but I thought I'd drop an update.
>>
Ok so I've thought about this for a good time now, would you guys be ok if the second person were dropped?
The reason for this is I feel is largely an artifact of tradition in this quest-- Immersion as the main character isn't exactly a top priority and you always have regarded Leaf as his own guy and will discuss what you think he feels and needs, which I appreciate a lot, and I don't think this PoV represents how it's played.
I know this might seem like a non-issue, but it keeps coming to mind and it could be easily fixed.
>>
>>33283508
I'm not certain if they're looking for you, unless someone paid them to search for you after you went missing. As for Sea, it wouldn't surprise me if they were. One mare in that duo shares an excitement for fighting on par with Sea, and Sea made a lasting impression at the end of the fighting.
>>33283527
Sure, we can try changing it up a bit with how we're playing. If it doesn't work out, we can simply go back the way things were.
>>
>>33283508
They're either looking for us or want to know about us because of how much trouble we caused for them. We did kind of give them a hard time during that fight.
>>33283527
The players here are really really passive and never try to do anything anyway so dropping the second person wouldn't change anything. They only want to react to what's happening.
>>
>>33283557
What do you mean? There's frequent conversations on what to do next. Plus, posts are always going to involve in what we do next.
>>
>>33283527
>I don't think this PoV represents how it's played.
and? Why would that matter?

It really depends on what exactly you think a cyoa is. If a cyoa is a cooperative storytelling method, then the goal of the game would be to make a story that functions outside of the context of the game. Despite the existence of well-defined characters, many stand-alone works use the second person in order to immerse people in the experience.

If the point of the game is to present challenges and scenarios to the playerbase, then the characters and pieces the player is able to control are essentially limbs to the player, such that even if they can be separately identified by names like "arm" or "leaf," the agency ultimately belongs to the player, and so it would still be appropriate to use second person.

Basically, that's both of the cases I can think of, so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say it isn't a priority. Leaf isn't me, but pretending that I am he is what it means to play a role. It isn't "I pretend that someone like me is in this world." It's "I pretend that I am this other person with other issues and other values."

So, I don't agree. It also isn't that important to me. So, do whatever, assuming that you don't want to, or can't, explain yourself.

>>33283508
leaf: be bad at the slide whistle, but also realize that you are bad at being particularly bad at the slide whistle.
>>
File: file.png (98 KB, 768x592)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>33283586
Oh and relating to this, since we're taking off soon, it might be a good idea to revisit what's exactly our travel route.
https://duendeinexistente.gitbooks.io/cirque/content/meta/mapa.html
This page has quotes of characters talking about the locations.
>>
>>33283586
It's like we're not really playing as leaf and just telling leaf what he should do so we can see what he thinks. I mean it's nice to know what he feels sometimes but it's also extremely limiting since we can't do anything that's "outside his character"
So it's losing the " choose" in the choose your own adventure. It's more a "suggest and maybe leaf will think it's a good idea."
>>
>>33283654
>I mean it's nice to know what he feels sometimes but it's also extremely limiting since we can't do anything that's "outside his character"
I think a more relevant factor than this is not actively pursuing things often enough, such as looking for people who might know things or otherwise help us. Leaf can stay in character while actively engaging and seeking the plot, IE, when he went to the sewers.
>>
>>33283654
You aren't wrong, and it kinda feels the same here. There's just a sense that when we post something to do or say, it gets interpreted somewhat differently when Leaf does it in the next post. I guess it's gotten to the point where we treat it as a given and the norm. Although, I can also understand that what we post may sometimes go completely against the character we built up Leaf to be at this point.
>>
>>33283673
Yeah. We're not allowed to grab someone by the neck, thrust them against the wall and threaten to beat them for instance. Not that we would want to do that at the current moment but if a time does come up where it's an option people won't agree to do it because " it's against leaf's character." and that really annoys me.
>>
>>33283646
>>33283508
Oh and also also, a reminder of to-dos we had for today and things characters suggested we do:
>Possibly visiting Cheer
>Fixing the carpenters' saw (In exchange for them helping u build a shell for the house)
>Try to talk with Esteece about the nightmare
>Try to find the guitar stallion
I am probably forgetting something after like a week and a half of magnifically fucked up sleeping because my brain went fuck you so help me out here.
>>33283673
>>33283654
I've noticed the "It's OOC" argument popping up a lot since we helped Sea out and fought the Star of Two, yeah, and to be frank I dislike how often it leads to petty things turning into arguments. Not sure of how to address that situation other than asking for more politeness.
I do find Staying in character VS doing what the players want interesting, although I'm not sure I've seen it discussed as often in any other quest. I'd vote for players loosening up in staying in character if it's become constraining for others.
>>
>>33283690
>I've noticed the "It's OOC" argument popping up a lot since we helped Sea out and fought the Star of Two
>Not that we would want to do that at the current moment but if a time does come up where it's an option people won't agree to do it because " it's against leaf's character." and that really annoys me
Apparently, we were acting OOC even earlier, according to Cammy. We were treating Leaf's character as much more weaker and fragile much earlier when the opposite was true all along.
But that begs the question. If we suddenly agree as a group that Leaf turns into a crazy killer, would that be OOC or in character, since it was agreed by the players? I don't know. We all know Leaf has an established character that shouldn't change and that we would like to keep. This isn't the first cyoa to have an argument over this (FOE cyoa just had one), but it's interesting to think about.
>>
>>33283690
I don't think I've ever seen players argue this much over what the MC should do or what he should be like. Usually people will argue the consequences of an action not whether or not the mc would feel a way about it.
>>
>>33283780
Arguments like that aren't really that uncommon. There's always disagreements in cyoas and what an MC should be doing or be like. Part of playing a cyoa in any group setting since everyone has an opinion. It just has more discussion on how the MC feels in this case.
In fact, we love to discuss how the MC and other characters feel in this cyoa in general. It doesn't matter if there's no disagreement, we discuss it in a casual and polite manner out of enjoyment. Sure, there's disagreements, but it isn't anything better or worse. It's just a different take of playing a cyoa.
>>
>>33283755
>"would it be?"
If you get us to suddenly agree something as a group, that agreement IS the reality because this is fiction. The concepts in our head are all that exist. Yeah, there is text, but that text has to go through layers of interpretation before it even means anything. Cammy claimed that leaf was a tough boi, but that hadn't been shown in the story in a way that inspired the intended impression. It wasn't exactly contradicted ever, and the partly unnecessary sewer-thing leaf did and a few other examples have since gone along with that idea, so I would think that we all kinda think of him as being a slight bit more hearty than we used to. That's kinda the point, though. If we are capable of thinking of him as being OOC, than it is perfectly possible that we could reach a point where it would be out of character for him NOT to slaughter thousands. Like, what if a new strain of the fungal infection and/or the necromatic lanterns started spreading across landly? Would he topple a city to save a world, given the option? What if he just didn't get enough sleep for a month or two? If he didn't get a taste for destruction by the time his flesh was 50% taint, I would be surprised and confused.

The issue is getting people to buy it. If at any point you want to take an action that I don't believe would be present in a coherent narrative, I'm either objecting or just disengaging from the story until the incomprehensible has passed.

We can be wrong about that too, and we'll still be right. Anyone here remember how sea used to talk right at the beginning? No? Nobody remembers how sea is supposed to talk?
That's because that was dropped like a sack of rocks. Has sea been "ooc" this whole time? I don't really think so. It's more like this is an experimental informal non-final story and that was just an entirely different version of sea who would be cut from a final ideal version.
>>
>>33283874
>Anyone here remember how sea used to talk right at the beginning? No? Nobody remembers how sea is supposed to talk?
I kinda remember when double checking her motivation for coming along. Not a silent batari, and insults others on purpose.
>>
>>33283912
It's also possible that she just changed up her behavior at some point. Like, maybe she just really liked the idea of batari and chose to act like that after some romanticism about the concept took hold.

long story development is long
>>
>>33284287
That would be an interesting development. It is just a switch in a different way to be aloof in general. Only jarring thing is how easily she thanked us back then for a tomato or make-shift fishing pole.
>>
>>33283547 >>33283557 >>33283586 >>33283623 >>33283586 >>33283623 >>33283646 >>33283654 >>33283662 >>33283673 >>33283680 >>33283690 >>33283755 >>33283780 >>33283797 >>33283874 >>33283912 >>33284287 >>33285180
“You think so? But he said a griffon.”
“Look at me,” Necia leaves the cutting board on the grass, making Leaf grimace -It's to cut food on!- and poses in place stretching her wings just a little to, probably, show them off, “If /I/ didn't know what hippogriffs are I'd think I am a weird griffon too. It's even in the name!”
“We’ll ask him later. But if they have business with us it’s likely Sea.” Leaf, still tired, scratches his chin thoughtfully, unable to care about that as much as he knew he should, “That pegasus likes fighting as much or more than Sea does, and we— Sea gave her a good fight…”
“/That’s even worse./”
“It is?”
“Do you want to pick a fight with her?” Necia asks it quickly and frightened, “Someone as dangerous as her that comes with an unicorn too?”
“Hey, calm down, we don’t know if it’s that yet,” Says Leaf as he gestures at her to sit again, “If they know where we live they could’ve come here directly.”
“/That’s even—/”
“/How?/” Leaf cuts her off harshly and reprimands himself immediately for it, but by the time he softened his expression Necia collected herself…

>1/2
>>
…Although her voice is still shaky “Because if someone’s paying them to find me they’ll take me back, and then I’ll be stuck down there forever and as a siren and I’ll never see Bedside or Sea or you again.” She lowers her head with each name, until she’s hiding it under her wings, “Or they want to kidnap me and ask for a ransom! And it’ll be the same only everyone will act like ‘I told you so’ and ‘You’re just too delicate’ for the rest of my life with those falsetto voices.”
Leaf just looks at her, taking several seconds to process what she’s said in silence, “That’s a very thorough description.”
“And Sea would be stuck with Sledge, too, only this time we won’t be there to help her out—”
This time Leaf is decided not to let her motor mouth again— not that Necia gives any signs of being bothered when people cut her rants off, anyhow. “Let’s… stay here and now. Please.”
Necia nods, but doesn’t uncover her face. “We can’t just wait for them to appear.”
Sea comes out of the water with several moving fish on her spear, most of them still moving and pierced just under the head, “Then prepare.”

>2/2
>>
>>33285510
Sea's right. There isn't anything else that can be done anyways, and panicking over it won't get a single thing done. Really should buy those weapons right about now. Is Necia willing to actually want a weapon to defend herself, or is she just going to panic and say no to fighting still?
>>
>>33285510
Is Necia finally willing to start learning from Sea?
>>
>>33285541 >>33285654
“She’s right, just being scared will make it worse.”
“I know! It’s what I was saying!” Exclaims Necia, “So we should, I don’t know—”
“Get a club.” Replies Sea immediately, dryly as ever, taking the fish out of the spear and giving them in Leaf’s and Necia’s general direction, hitting Leaf’s mane by mistake at first.
“Not that! I— er, I can’t fight.”
“You won’t.”
“I can’t.”
Leaf sat between them, fidgeting with the pipe.
“Then shut up.”
Necia makes a small offended chirp and then catches herself, covering her beak with a wing now.
“C’mon, Sea, there’s other things.” Said Leaf with a conciliatory tone before either of them could add anything. “We still need to get armed. Like a new spear for you.”
“I can’t enter Landly.”
>>
>>33286268
Necia could be a range fighter with a bow an arrow. Also learning how to use her gem.I thought she said they could do that?
Does Sea know where we can get a spear? We can just go get it and buy it. We already know she just wants something durable.
If she doesn't know then maybe bedside does. Finally if not her we can ask Cheer. We need to say good bye to her and Rusty anyway.
>>
>>33286268
I think Leaf knows that very well by now. He seriously needs to go buy what we need to leave Landly by now. Booze, weapons, food, and.more that I probably can't remember right now.
>>
>>33286394
Oh, before I forget, two different sized hammers as the one other guard told Leaf to practice with. Gotta build that strength if he wants to accustom to using the real deal.
>>
Paused.
>>
>>33286268
If Necia isn't going to bother to fight directly, then she better find some way to contribute to the crew. Otherwise, she'll remain the most useless member in it. At least Herb is able to offer moral support when he stands back at the very least.
>>
>>33286394 >>33286339 >>33286424 >>33287574
“But I can buy a spear for you.”
Sea grunts.
“C’mon, I bet I can get one that you like.”
She grunts again.
“Well I have to get a pair of clubs anyhow,” Leaf takes the fish from her hoof and drops it on the table with wet slaps. “So I might as well.”
Necia takes the fish and starts cutting them quickly, working out her nervous energy on it, Sea sits down on the grass silently, and Leaf fidgets with the pipe again, “And you could try using a gun, Necia, or a crossbow.”
“Maybe, but…”
“Someone will reach her.” Says Sea dryly.
“What about your songs?”
“I learned some beginner ones before even getting the jewel.” Necia touches the spot of her chest where the gem would be, was she a siren right now, “Remember that I used one? When that crowd wanted to break the broken star? But it affected everyone, even you.”
>>
>>33288023
Somewhere down the line, those songs will desperately be needed. She shouldn't fear doing what needs to be done.
>>
>>33288023
If I'm looking at the map right Samabaj is near the tree city so maybe a siren there can help her better understand her gem. Or maybe someone we meet along the way.
Or we can ask twilight if there are any sirens in the twi knights that can help necia with her gem problem but it's a long shot.
As for the song affecting us. We can at least run away and try to get out of her range. Does she have an idea of what her range is with the song?
>>
>>33288087
The tree city is Albaricoque, which has its siren city as well. Sabamaj is the ones near Arabesco.
>>
>>33288056 >>33288087 >>33288094
"We could pay a visit to Sabamaj still... you need a shard that'll last longer, right?"
"Yes! Then I'll have time to learn to fly, I'm sure it will be useful."
"Right, and you could learn more songs too. Or I can talk with Twilight later to see if she knows any siren here." Leaf lifts the pipe and looks at it, still indecisive of how to try using it. "How far does that song reach?"
"Hearing distance maters, but I've not /really/ tested that. I think I could make people drown if they're swimming..." Necia keeps cutting nervously and then, when the fish is all cut, looks down at it like she wishes she had an excuse to cut anything else. "Musical magic is harder, and well more, dangerous, to test. You can't direct it the same way as most others."
>>
>>33288399
If possible we should try to go to an open space and she can use the song from far away and then we take a step closer each time until we start feeling uncomfortable and just assume and closer is an effective range. That sound like something we could do?
>>
>>33288399
She's handling butchering fish much better than Leaf at least.
>>
I thought I had sent this post hours ago
>>33288427
>>33288696
What do first today? Iirc current options were still fixing the machine, cheer, looking for twilight, or going to a weapon smith.
>>
>>33289144
Weapon smith. Even if they haven't attacked us, or Sledge hasn't been seen, it's always a good idea to prepare for the worst. Plus, I'm pretty sure Sea is tired of waiting by now if she created her own spear.
>>
>>33289144
Weapons have been asked for quite a while. It's about time to get them.
>>
>>33288427 >>33288696 >>33289144 >>33289161 >>33289236
"Then we go somewhere empty and check its range."
"I know I should've done that, it's just, it's so busy all the time now."
>
Leaf peeks into the weaponsmith's shop, cringing every time the hammer falls upon metal on the back of the store with a resounding clang.
"The proximity is secure." Drones the orange star, hovering behind him, because it only ever drones.
"I know." He says offhandedly, walking into the store and still wincing every time the clangs hurt his ears. Inside there's a coltish clerk with a small burn on his cheek, and the one patron inspecting several swords. The interior of the store is tidily lines with weapons, the fanciest of them resting on wooden boards, and despite its size there's not a single table besides the counter in the store, only a wetstone and an anvil with a hammer chained to it, leaving the center of it completely empty.
The patreon turns to Leaf, "Have you seen a cat?"
"A cat." Leaf tries to remember if he's ever seen a cat anywhere in the sea, but nothing comes to mind. "No?"
"Nevermind then." The patreon shakes his head and walks hurriedly out of the store.
"Who was that?" Leaf asks the clerk, who gives him a shrug as confused as Leaf feels. "Er, spear, the first thing I need is a spear."
"Of what kind?" Asks the clerk smoothly despite his age.
Uh.
The clerk nodded quickly, not giving him time to stay confused, "Length, materials, speartip, any engravings...?"
>>
>>33289269
Well the spear is about Sea's body lenght? As for materials and the spear tip, the most durable there is. Something that can last for years. Engravings are pretty much pointless.
>>
>>33289269
>length
>>33289301
Well, we should know the size of sea's body fairly well right now, due to recent events.
Leaf: Run a comparison of your body size to her body size and give that length to the smith by way of holding your hooves out and going "this long".

>tip
"Imagine a person who's main joy in this world is using a spear to impale things while swimming. I want a spear that can outlast that." I don't think her spear had a hook on it, did it?
https://i.4cdn.org/mlp/1543355000731.png
Nope, but it did have quite a bit of material sticking out from the shaft. The tip is like 3 times the width of the shaft.

>material shaft
I have no idea. It's going to be in the water often, so something that floads would be ideal. The old shaft was just wood, wasn't it? The spear would have been lightweight, then. If there is something that is durable enough that sea would have a hard time breaking it if she tried but which also floats and doesn't rust quickly, we'll take that. If that doesn't exist or is way to expensive, consider wood. I don't know, what do you think mr smith? You actually know about these things, right?

>engravings
god no. Maybe her name?
no
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 409x290)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>33289301 >>33289371
"Right, I think the hardest thing will be that the handle has to be wood."
The clerk wasn't shy about giving Leaf a thorough look, "Can you afford that?"
"I'll tell you if I can't. And the length should be... just a little shorter than myself... Orange?" Leaf asks the small droid that accompanies him, "You have hard numbers on Sea's size, right? My throat to my cutie mark?"
"The user Seaweed has a bodylength equal to zero point eight seven times that of--"
"About my throat to cutie mark." Nods Lettuce Leaf. "No engravings, but the spear tip should be wider than the mast."
"How much wider?"
"How wide can it be?"
The colt smiled for himself, "You would be surprised at how wide it can get, mister."
"About twice, then. Or a bit over. And a material for the tip that can last years."
"If you'll excuse me, mister." The colt turns around and disappears into the back of the store, where the hammering stops briefly and is replaced with the faint sound of arguing. The colt somehow sounds perfectly polite even when he's raising his voice, Leaf notes.
Soon, the colt returns with an assembled spear, its tip not sharpened, "It's truly a pity, mister, what some people want wood for."
"How do you mean?" Leaf stretches his hoof and grabs the spear to feel its weight. It's not quite as light as Seaweed's old one, but it gives the same sturdy, reliable feel that it did.
"They want wood because it's pricey, without caring for its advantages, and sometimes won't even oil it properly. Many of the same people who wants engravings waste good wood and metal that way, mister."
>>
>>33289497
Well, our friend does want what's most practical. She would probably say the same thing about engravings being a complete waste.
Is the spear even done? It's not sharpened, and there was some arguing in the back while this colt was gone.
>>
>>33289497
>wood floats
>wood decays
>we didn't ask for oil
>someone tried to argue with him about this
>we don't know if this is even a relativity good material
"Ignorance will do that. I don't know if you are praising me or berating me."
>>
https://cdn2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/mlp/image/1538/37/1538375910456.png
the side-bits of the tip are a bit less sloped, which means less grip once the spear is in. I'm not sure if that is a problem. I think it would maybe alter the way the spear has to be used most efficiently. Ask about it.

It might be the case that this whole "grip" idea of mine is misguided or that there is an alternate tip style just in the other room. Then again, I seem to recall that arrows are intentionally shaped like that for a reason. I would hate to bring a less deadly spear back with us.

Wait, we can just ask sea through the orange star. Radio time.
>>
>>33289853
>Wait, we can just ask sea through the orange star. Radio time.
Why didn't we think of this sooner beforehand? It simplifies most of the process.
>>
>>33289864
Because we are a meat
>>
>>33289555 >>33289612 >>33289853 >>33289864
"Throw in oil in case my friend's out... she'd say the same about the engravings." Was the colt poking fun at Leaf? He can't quite tell now, but decides not to respond, "It's blunt, though. And I hope it wasn't trouble?"
"Because we keep it blunt until sold or displayed, mister, that makes it easier to handle. And not at all, my mentor simply dislikes parting with wood."
Leaf nods and looks down at the spear tip, remembering the little experience he had with working with metals, and taps the tip softly on the counter-- the clack doesn't ring as hollow as for the metal to be brittle, which satisfies him. "And I also need a pair of clubs. No spikes, and one of them is to practice--" Something occurrs to Leaf, making him stop, "Just a moment. Orange, can you talk with Lilly from here?"
"This unit will attempt to." Orange hovers out of the store swiftly, followed by Leaf after he's given the spear back to the colt.
"Tell her to ask Sea about that spear tip... can you send an image directly?"
"It is possible."
Leaf stands boredly, looking at the floor.
"If you have to wait, mister," Calls the colt, who by Leaf's reckoning already has spent enough time of his life at the counter to stop registering boredom. "It might be a good idea to think of anything else you want. And what kind of mace you want, of course."
Leaf nods, and looks up to the sky. If only this place had as many clouds as back home...
For a moment he thinks he's seen a horn and it makes his heart skip a beat, but it ends up being a crazy case of bed mane.
"Leaf?" Blurts Lilly's voice suddenly, hard to make out from the static. "I described that tip to Sea, she said if the back of it is diagonal fish will slide out."

Paused for the weekend.
>>
>>33289922
>Sea, she said
That's as close as she gets to objecting. Nah, mr salesman man, nah.
See what else he has.

>mace
>we asked about clubs
well, the good news is that maces are so popular here that clubs and maces are basically considered the same thing. He's probably got some experience, then.

>training weapon
basically, just something blunt and maybe soft or padded, but slightly longer/heavier than our actual choice
>real weapon
no spikes, but probably little bumps. Our tool absolutely will not float in water and will not undergo that much use if we have anything to say about it. It's going to be traveling to places with different(cold) temperatures and will probably be exposed to firebreath at some point. We also have a fondness for electricity.

So, the grip needs to insulate us from cold so that we can use this thing in freezing temperatures. However we store this, the metal needs to not be in direct contact with us. IT would also be better if the metal has a low specific heat, I think, maybe. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Tables/sphtt.html I'm not sure how that affects other metal properties, though, and I doubt that lilly/orange have a database of the alloys used in this world. Maybe this bit should be ignored for now.

I don't really know if we should be electrically insulated. Opinions? I'm kinda thinking yes.

The longer weapon we get, the harder we can hit and the slower we can move it. We already use armor, which means that we can afford to take the occasional hit, but we aren't invincible and sea won't always be there and we won't always be in the armor.

Is it easier to control and store a ball-on-a-stick type or a slowly-widening-club type or a straight-rod type?
>>
>>33289922
So would she like it to be like a harpoon and barbed?
>>
Hope sea likes this long hard shaft we're giving her.
>>
>>33291742
Hopefully, we've got the right length for her to be satisfied with.
Dammit, now I'm doing it.
>>
>>33293285
barbs
>>
>>33295201

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.