[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 61WDA4JYHNL._SY445_.jpg (52 KB, 316x445)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>17503645

We're still going. I've finished all the event dialogue (still gonna have to do a revision pass though) and all the save/quit cutscenes. Decent portion of the character library is done but still more than half to go, haven't started the robot library yet. Pretty much all the menu text is done, I think? And AI is making great progress with the menu graphics and mission title cards and location names and stuff.

I said in the OP of the previous thread that we might have a release soon, but at that point I was thinking we were just gonna use texture replacement for some of the menus and skip the library. Since AI figured out how to hack the graphics for real, I figured it's best to wait for that to be done, and in the meantime I'm working on the library. We're definitely getting there though.
>>
Still keeping an eye on this. Props fot being thorough, even if it means it's going to take a bit longer
>>
File: GRWJD9-35.png (1.07 MB, 620x1472)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
New thread, new image of some location stuff. Reworked the President's Office image, which you can see here, and threw in another general example one. While I'm otherwise still manually adjusting these for insertion because of how the tiler tool works, a preliminary test on real hardware doesn't show any bother so far.

>>17723166
Yeah, doubling up on lines was the plan, but font still comes into play due to the vertical height restrictions too. I've got it sorted to be bigger than that version you posted at least, since thankfully the tails on the letters didn't overlap with anything below (like a few test cases did before I set the rest up).
>>
looking good guys
>>
Just keep goin up
>>
One last status update for the night here before I go off to sleep. Location names should all be inserted now, and initial testing in Dolphin doesn't show any issues with the increased size overall. Tomorrow I'm going to see about adjusting 1-2 that need some quick changes, and then testing again on my actual Wii to be 100% sure. Overall though, it looks like the bigger names should be good to use!
>>
Morning bumpup
>>
Just got my hardware testing done there now, and things look to be working fine. I got the headings of the Intermission menu sorted earlier, so the only things left for this set of image files is the rest of that, followed by mission titles!
>>
File: Dancouga 01.jpg (153 KB, 820x1200)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-43.png (142 KB, 620x492)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
And that's the Intermission menu sorted now, leaving just the stage names and a few misc images, which I'll see if I can't start properly later on tonight. As a general note, I've had to use "Attack" instead of "Weapon" here for the meantime, as the latter doesn't center nicely on the map version of this menu due to how it's used.
>>
>>17732638
Looking excellent.

Sorry for lack of updates from me recently, I had a bit a rough week. Should be back to normal operations tomorrow.
>>
>>17734915
Eesh, sorry to hear, hope things start looking up like this topic is now going
>>
>>17734915
No worries, I'm glad to hear that things should hopefully be a bit better for you now at least. It seems to be one of those months in general to be quite fair.

In terms of progress, for the image files there's more or less just two sub-folders of stuff left, which are stage names and some other unknown items. For the mystery items that I can't place, I can identify a few by sight, but the amount of kanji in them otherwise is beyond me. Could someone see what can be identified here if they get a chance, and I can get something sorted for them afterwards:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/35espamxm9rjikl/ImagesToIdentify.zip/file

And on stage titles, I have things set up to generate the base images for that now as well. Before I make a start on them, as there's still a lot of manual stuff involved for the insertion part of the process, it's probably the best time to get finalized stage titles sorted out to avoid duplicate work.

I've grabbed what's in the menu strings and gone over with a quick editing pass (which is mostly some slight rewording, lots of "The"s being added in, and some actual alternate suggestions). I've also pinned down some stage names which are 1:1 episode names, mostly from Gundam stuff, and included those as well (for the translated series anyway).

Would you also mind looking over those as well, and seeing if there's anything that's off/needs changed? Additionally, for the referenced episodes, do we want to go for an official title where possible, or for the already translated versions which look to be closer to the original JP names? (eg, "Garma Falls" vs "Garma's Fate")

The list of stage titles I've gone over can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u9luhs98d3n41tf/SRW_GC_Stage_Titles_-_Sheet1.pdf/file

In the meantime, I'll see if I can't get the robot library programming sorted out with the same changes to help track and expand what can be inserted there sure.
>>
>>17738740
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/35espamxm9rjikl/ImagesToIdentify.zip/file

Got it covered.
>>
File: GRWJD9-44.png (203 KB, 620x492)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>17739524
Many thanks Steve! I can get those sorted to some degree now, even if I can't pin down where they appear.

Anyway, that should be the relevant stuff hooked up for the robot library now to allow for easier editing. Same deal as the character entries essentially, if it's smaller than what the limit is, it'll pad things out with no in-game impact, and height/weight/description control what the max length per entry is. Hiragana won't really change at all for these ones though. I've also turned off the "everything is fine" message when saving, except for any cases where something does go wrong size-wise, which might speed things up for you. Let me know if everything looks okay when using it, as any issues will likely pop up with more actually translated descriptions.

As usual, the latest version is up here to download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wyp42hb4vxtk2rc/SRW_GC_Menu_Text_Editor_1.4.jar/file

As one last request since I forgot completely earlier, Oppai, if you have the memory card file with the end-game save handy, would you mind throwing that up as well? That way I can confirm anything that may pop up specifically around that point in terms of uncaught strings.
>>
File: unnecessarily long.png (548 KB, 640x1066)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>17739620
Oh joy, the gates are open for another 238 profiles to be translated. Well I can confirm it's all working fine.

Here are the memory cards, I threw both of them in with saves at every single stage.
https://mega.nz/#!yZRiRQDK!KkfEy9bWe3d0pqsN9xFcMgKo63Y4CSTe2oM4vRXiiJQ
>>
File: 1559220366589.png (149 KB, 395x467)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Her tits, why are they so MILKY?
>>
>>17741225
Many thanks! This'll help for visually confirming mission title images at the very least, as well as any game complete specific strings. But yeah, if you find that there's any issues with the robot library, just shout and I can see about sorting them out for you (though as it's the same implementation as characters, it should be fine).

Also, should probably clarify since I didn't explicitly mention before, but the height/weight sections support regular ASCII just fine, so you should be able to get a good 6-8 extra characters out of that by switching from the SJIS to regular numbers if they're needed!
>>
File: Dancouga 02.png (1.93 MB, 1460x1325)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>
>>
For non-jap speakers, how good is the story in this game? At least compared to other SRW
>>
>>17745069
I thought the OG story was rather weak and kinda poorly written. I was confused a few times while translating because of that, it's like they forgot to mention certain things when they should have. There isn't much to it aside from the characters being likable, and as far as that goes I'll say that female Akimi is a lot more fun than male Akimi.
As for the licensed series it's all fine, they're used well and you get the fun crossover interactions you'd expect like all the J9 teams being bros, all the space princes being bros and Gundam and Dragonar being the same story. And you get perfect reenactments of a lot of iconic scenes. I guess it's not particularly outstanding, but it's good.
>>
>>17745378
>I thought the OG story was rather weak and kinda poorly written.
From what little I know of it I agree. Musashi's death in GC sounds very dumb and makes it seem like they forced it in just so he can die
>>
File: 0080.png (1.28 MB, 1920x928)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>17746020
I think you're confusing something there. Musashi's death is the same as in the show, we just get a very brief flashback about it.

Here's some War in the Pocket. I'll do the Cyclops team tomorrow.
>>
>>17746020
If you think that's lame, check out A. You have the chance to save Musashi as a secret but Benkei still takes over.
>>
>>17747414
Totally should be more that and Alpha 2 situations, where he can not only be saved, but gets to come back in Black Getter
>>
>>17747414
Even worse is that Musashi maintains the same stats and spirits when becoming a solo pilot. (Which don't fit Getter 1 at all) Making him extremely useless.
>>
File: misha.png (366 KB, 640x760)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
Cyclops team is done, next is 08thMS.
>>
File: Dancouga 03.jpg (839 KB, 675x900)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
>>
Upwards!
>>
As a quick progress report on this end, I've been taking a break from the image stuff for a bit until that list of names gets a look over, so I've been looking into code again instead. Been trying to hunt down the bits which are affecting some of the positioning issues specifically, but for now, no real progress on it.
>>
>>17745378
Thank you!
>>
>>17750261
Yeah, you also get a ton of other Getter pilots much better than Musashi

On the other hand the secret is not hard to get
>>
>>17738740
I think your edited titles are good to go. As for the reference titles thing, I'd personally prefer to go with a proper translation when the official one was bad (as in "Garma's fate"), but if you think we should match the shows' translations to maintain the reference, that's fine too. I don't think it matters too much, honestly.
Are you still waiting on Steve with that list? I could do it if he's having trouble.
>>
>>17757834
Wait Garma's Fate is a mistranslation?
>>
>>17757836
>散る 【ちる】 (v5r,vi) (1) to fall (e.g. blossoms, leaves); (2) to scatter; to be dispersed; (3) to disappear; to dissolve; to break up; (4) to spread; to run; to blur; (5) to die a noble death;
It was probably a deliberate change rather than a mistake, though. Guess they thought it sounded better.
>>
>>17757884
I see. Interesting. So calling it 'Garma's Fall' would have been a bit more accurate?
>>
>>17757889
That's what I'd have done, anyway. It's not a big deal, though.
>>
>>17757899
This is all pretty cool to learn about, at least.
>>
>>17757834
No worries then, I'll see about getting those started later on tonight at some point. I'll go for the current translations versus the official episode titles then, with the exception of Reflections in Brown Eyes/Reflections in a Brown Eye as it's more of a slight rewording in that case at least. I can update the string versions later on anyway as it's a quick enough job, once you're not as busy with the library entries.

Other than that, I should have everything necessary for sorting the rest of those images, so no need to worry on anything else for the moment!
>>
File: yuushaou.png (420 KB, 640x788)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>17758231
Don't wait for me to not be busy with the library if there's anything you want me to do, that would take forever. Translating the library is a really dull job honestly, I'll take any excuse to put it on hold and do something else. I'm still not even confident I'm gonna have it finished for the release.
That being said, I did some more work on it today.
>>
>>17759922
I have them sorted on this end anyway (as I tested if they'd have issues inserting or not before suggesting them), I just mean in terms of keeping things as updated on your own version as possible too.

But anyway, I have all the main mission titles set up for insertion at the moment, and sub stuff should be done later tonight. Once I get everything inserted and tested after that, I'll throw up a quick copy here, then do a second pass on some menu titles that need some spacing fixed. After I push that version, it's back to the code mines with me to see if I can fix up some of the lingering stuff there again.
>>
File: Dancouga 04.jpg (393 KB, 1024x768)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>
File: Dancouga 05.jpg (225 KB, 704x1052)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>
Going to state real quick for those interested: Anime Shinigami has continued subbing Daiohja with ep 5 finally being released.
>>
File: 36680240_p0.jpg (241 KB, 1013x1276)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>
Go on up now
>>
>>17763980
Make that ep 6 now
>>
>>17723187
Bump.
>>
File: Dancouga 06.jpg (91 KB, 640x480)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>
File: Dancouga 07.jpg (486 KB, 785x696)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>
File: kiki.png (319 KB, 640x652)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
Lots of bumps without any news, sorry about that. I had some stuff going on.
Finished off the 08thMS cast, next is Zeta. Which won't be as long as usual since there are no Titans in this game.
>>
>>17750209
Except in Alpha 2, after saving him, he goes pure subpilot mode instead. The Black Getter sits in the hangar and quietly begs you to downgrade from G and Shin.
>>
File: GRWJD9-51.png (286 KB, 620x492)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
Busy weekend is over, so here's my own update. Stage name translation, insertion and testing is all done here as of now, which includes on actual hardware (after a bit of fighting with GC memory card formats). I've not seen any issues when playing with the larger image sizes, so it looks to be fine there.

Current plan is to do a last once over to adjust some images now to get everything up to a similar degree, then I'll get the images file uploaded after.
>>
File: man.png (553 KB, 640x1128)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>17776011
Excellent.
Here I got the Zeta cast done. It's only Kamille, Quattro, Fa, Emma, Four and Haman in this game, which made my life slightly easier. Of course, I have to deal with all the ZZ kiddies now.
Haman's bio had a few repeated lines which appear just like that in game, a mistake I suppose. It gave me some extra space to work with, which was nice.
>>
>>17767712
Ep 7 just got subbed
>>
And that should be the image sorted now. I got that editing pass sorted beforehand, just so any actual issues that turn up will just be things I have missed. As usual, feel free to grab the file here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dlol7dtjyev5m10/add00dat.bin/file

With this, I'm more or less free to go back to trying to sort the spacing issues. Other than that, I can probably see about doing some editing on the text to help sort that out overall. If I was to do some of that, barring anything minor like typos and such, would you want me to throw up queries on a per-stage/file case like Bring did, or set up a spreadsheet or something for better tracking/commenting?
>>
>Daiohja will be subbed in its entirety before the J9 sequels, Raideen, God Sigma, Mechander, or Grendizer (Arabic dubs with English subs don't count)
What timeline are we living in?
>>
>>17778923
>Grendizer (Arabic dubs with English subs don't count)
The Super Robot Team subs are Italian dubtitles. The censored hardsubs with a Grendizer.net waternark are the Arab dubtitles
>>
>>17779668
There is another set of English subs for Grendizer?
>>
>>17779710
Wasim made them. He made English dubtitles from the Arabic dub over Japanese audio, cut the episodes up to remove haraam content and threw a giant watermark for his fan site on top. It used to still have seeds on Demonoid maybe 4 yeara ago but Baka-BT, AB and other places chose not to preserve it for good reason. The SRT may be be poor quality dubtitles there were paid for by commision (they paid someone to make the shit subs that they sell bootlegs of) but they're still a head above Wasims shit. The comments on the BakaBT page for it should still have some screenshots of how bad the watermarks were.
>>
Gren has some manner of crabsticks, what are those?
>>
>>17778654
Dude, this is awesome. It looks really professional. Never thought I'd see the day when there's literally nothing in Japanese on screen anymore.
Should I start my second pass on the dialogue now, or is there still something you'd like me to wait for?
>>
>>17780610
There's still one set of images for battle animation pop-ups that isn't in English at the moment, which may need worked around like the font. That had slightly less priority than "literally every other image" though to be fair, so I'll see what I can't do on it later after some other work gets done.

But yeah, if you want to start going over the dialogue again now, go for it! It'll get you a break from the library profiles as well that way after all. If you keep me up to date on how that goes, I can look over it afterwards in between bouts of programming stuff.
>>
File: centering.webm (2.58 MB, 620x492)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB WEBM
>>17780610
And as an added bonus, you can even do the intro crawl and other dynamically centered text correctly now as well, as the files in here should solve that issue! This doesn't affect the UI numbers or anything, but should cover all the more noticeable positioning issues for story stuff (as well as for equipped parts).

You can grab the two files needed for the fix here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ncw31nkri4qxgyv/Centering_Fix.zip/file

I think this should also sort out the centering on the BGM names in the player as well, but my pilotinfo.bin doesn't have those in English. If you have those translated in your own version, in normal ASCII and not SJIS, please throw up a copy, since I'm likely using an outdated one here. If not, take a peek and see if the actual track names center up correctly once you get around to those sure!
>>
>>17781581
This pilotinfo should have the song titles. I'm not sure about the text format and I can't check at the moment as I'm not on my main pc with the newdata and all the create pilotinfo stuff, I'm just pulling this out of my backup.
https://mega.nz/#!fIxUgS5T!rUgX2B5uYZepTRDX78HHi-ARbtJoUDGa0swkDn-VopM
>>
File: tfw mortals.png (152 KB, 748x574)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>17781581
Hell yeah, this is some rad progress.
>>
File: GRWJD9-54.png (191 KB, 620x492)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>17783532
Perfect, thanks very much! I've converted those to ASCII and made some quick adjustments on names I do know (eg, some of the Gundam movie trilogy tracks to match the movie names), and it looks to center just fine thankfully.

You can grab the data file here to rebuild a pilotinfo.bin whenever you need it sure:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/swqvzh2em3st8ev/newdata.9-12-19.bin/file

This should do this file for a while until a second pass gets done on the opening/closing text crawls, and the black screen text. If you let me know then, I can do a quick check over it for an editing pass sure.

Also on the topic of editing, while you're doing your second pass on the dialogue, would you like me to make a start on the same for the battle lines? They shouldn't be as story-central overall, so if they aren't in dire need of a second pass from yourself, I can take care of them instead to reduce the load on you.

In general, I'm still seeing what can be done on the other UI alignment stuff on this end at the moment, but as it's the trickier one to sort there's been no real breakthroughs there just yet.
>>
I am just floored about the idea that fucking Daiohja won't just be be subbed in my lifetime, but might finish by Thanksgiving. Hats off to Anime Shinigami and ARR for all the SRW anime they've finished in the last year and a half.
>>
>>17785251
Oh yeah and the guys that did Ganbaruger and Gosaurer if you make it late 10s in general.
>>
>forgetting the licensing of Goshogun and NG Knight Ramune from based Discotek
Shame on you
>>
>>17784675
I thought I wasn't going to have to edit the crawls anymore, but then I noticed some typos while testing the new pilotinfo, so yeah. I'll get on that when I'm doing the second pass on the event dialogue, which I will probably only be able to really start on Monday as I have a family thing this weekend.
About the battle lines, they were originally translated by the other guys and not by me. I had a quick look and it seems they did a good job, there's no need for me to retranslate anything, but they can probably use a bit of a quality pass anyway. Also, they used all caps for lines where characters are yelling, which I avoided doing in the event dialogue, so I was gonna change those to lowercase for consistency. Though maybe people think battle lines should be exaggerated like that?
Anyway, if you really wanna have even more stuff to do and spare the trouble of editing the battle lines, that would be swell.
>>
File: Dancouga 08.jpg (70 KB, 570x817)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>
>>17778461
Now we got ep 8
>>
>>17785856
Yeah, without any fear of the text drifting off to the left, the text crawls should be a bit more open for rewording as well. It also had Defense Squads instead of Defense Units, which I was also unsure as to the term used throughout the rest of the dialogue (as it is Unit in the images/mission titles for now), which is the main reason why I thought it still needed a pass.

But yeah, I know I saw some minor stuff like "attak" in the battle lines while testing, so I can certainly go over those here to help out, no bother. I'll also keep track of anything that may need the actual content adjusted and pop it up for review at the end. And for anyone reading, feel free to chime in on if you have any preferences for all-caps in the battle lines for some shouts or not, such as if you'd prefer it for only the shoutier attacks/characters, etc.
>>
File: Dancouga DVD - Big Moth.png (1.45 MB, 1920x1080)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>17790789
Alright, I'll leave that to you then.
I should have been home by now, but my trip got extended due to some circumstances. I'll probably only be able to get back to work on this on like Wednesday.
>>
Goin on up
>>
>>17787661
Now with ep 9 being subbed all the single digit episodes are ready for a watch.
>>
File: Dancouga DVD - Black Wing.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>
Sorry for a few days without news, I ended up having some complications this week. Never forget to pay your vehicle tax kids, it's kind of important.
Everything's fine now, I'll start my second pass on the dialogue tomorrow.
>>
Just from my own end, no real updates for now either. It's been a sorta unproductive week overall combined with me being a little sick at the moment. For any actual news, I'll pop it up when there is some sure.
>>
>>
File: Dancouga DVD - Eagle.png (1.34 MB, 1920x1080)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>
File: image3344.png (536 KB, 640x960)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
Okay, I did some work today finally. It was just the first stage, but I was setting up my workflow for this part of the project. I'm gonna try to do four or five stages per day starting tomorrow. It's just a revision so it shouldn't be too hard.

>>17809595
Sorry to go back to an old issue, but starting a new game reminded me. The cursor on the name fields is still twice the size of the English characters, making it pretty awkward to navigate. It would be nice if it could be fixed like you did on the bottom part where you navigate the letters.
Also, I still think the Reading field should be removed, since it's redundant in English. Even if it can't actually be removed, I think we should at least replace the "reading" graphic with something empty and make the field display spaces by default instead of the name. I'd just like to avoid new players being confused and trying to enter something there.
I also noticed that you made the character's name be displayed in western order by default in the setup screen, but in the rename screen it's still displayed in Japanese order by default. This isn't really an issue since the dialogue always refers to either the entire full name or just the nickname, but it might cause some momentary confusion for people trying to customize the name. If it's an easy fix then great, if it's hard then it's probably not worth your effort.

(I never know if I'm asking too much of you or not. At this point I pretty much believe you can do anything.)
>>
>>17814028
Don't worry about it, I honestly don't know what I can pull off until I try half of the time anyway, so there's never any harm in asking. I'll see what I can do later on tonight anyway sure.

Best case scenario would be to blank out the reading stuff, and see if I can track down the code that controls the cursor so it can never move over there as well (as if anyone actually enters a full nickname, it'll automatically move over there for the next entry after all). I'm less confident about being able to track that down, but I'll see what I can do at least.

For the cursor on the name itself, I'd legit forgot about it here as well. That may be tricky to get things to match up width-wise if I can't find where that stuff is, so worst comes to worst I can likely make the letters up there fixed width again so they line up. And as for the naming stuff, even if it's less of a priority, I'll see what I can do on it as well after I take a crack at the rest of this!
>>
File: GRWJD9-464.png (437 KB, 640x480)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>17816035
>I can track down the code that controls the cursor so it can never move over there as well (as if anyone actually enters a full nickname, it'll automatically move over there for the next entry after all)
That's a good point, it might be even more confusing if we make it invisible but the player can still access it. Well, anything you can work out is fine.
Also I just saw that you used "Defense Force" in this location name. I've been inconsistent with the name of this organization; in the early days of the project I used Defense Unit, but when I resurrected it I forgot what I had used before and started using Defense Squad instead. I was gonna change it all to Unit in this pass, but now that I've seen Force I'm thinking it might be the better alternative since "unit" and "squad" are both words that already appear in the script so much in reference to other things.
>>
File: Dancouga DVD - Land Liger.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>
File: Dancouga DVD box art.jpg (714 KB, 1800x1800)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-466.png (281 KB, 640x480)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>17816035
>>17817930
After saying that I did another check from the beginning and realized that you used Unit in this title screen, so I was gonna have to ask you to change either this one or the location regardless.
Let's just go with Defense Force, so please change this one whenever you can. I don't think there are any more graphical instances of this name later on, but I'll let you know if there are.
>>
File: GRWJD9-56.png (285 KB, 620x492)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>17821494
Yeah, while I caught the lack of consistency for Unit/Squad, I'd forgot about the use of Force in the place names due to how they were being done, whoops.

Anyway, here's the updated file to sort the stage title for now sure, I'll pop anything that affects any of the other ongoing tweaks up if I can sort them out sure.

Also, since they'll only really have Moon Dwellers to use as a reference otherwise which is... dicey, do any of the GC OG characters have any particular quirks/speech styles/personality traits that show through in their lines? If so, let me know a quick overview sometime, and I can refer back to that when looking over battle lines!
>>
>>17821494
>>17822644
It probably helps if I actually post the file too:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lo4stpdx1zjmujh/add00dat.bin/file
>>
>>17822644
I don't think there's anything in particular that needs to be noted about the cast, they're pretty straightforward and talk/act the way you'd expect based on their designs and role. The boys are your typical shounen dudes, the girls are a bit more polite, Fairey is serious and formal. Reggianne is far less classy than she looks and isn't really polite to anyone other than Herluga, I guess that's something to note.

The file worked fine, by the way.
>>
All right, up with you now.
>>
File: Dancouga official.jpg (271 KB, 1024x768)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>
Up with you once more
>>
Let me bump it myself this time. I had some unforeseen shit today and ended up without any time for this, but tomorrow I should be able to get some work done.
>>
Up once more, and oof
>>
Got done up to stage 7 today. Nothing all that interesting to show for it though, it's mostly changing D weapons to D-Weapons, fixing rare typos and occasionally a sentence that I realize can written more clearly.
>>
File: Eagle Fighter.jpg (135 KB, 1024x1821)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>
File: garma.png (403 KB, 640x960)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>17738740
I got to stage 8 today and it looks like you amalgamated the two possible titles into "Garma's Fall". Was this an error or did you mean to do this? It's still listed as "Garma Falls" in the menus.
We could change either one to match and it doesn't really matter which, though I'm thinking "Garma Falls" fits better because the previous stage is titled "Garma Strikes". What do you think?
>>
File: Final Dancouga model.jpg (232 KB, 1024x768)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>
File: disrupt.png (823 KB, 640x960)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
Got to stage 10 today. The sub-stages make it seem like less progress than it is.
I noticed that the description for the disrupt spirit was bugging out because the first line was too long, so I adjusted it a bit until it fit.
>>
>>17838100
>>17841847
Yeah, I missed this length issue because the limit seems to be shorter on this menu, than when searching for spirits. Many thanks for pre-emptively sorting it out on your end. As for the "Garma Falls" title, I've fixed that over here, so just shout on any others you spot, and I'll pop the full image file up once you've ran through sure!
>>
File: Final Dancouga.jpg (106 KB, 800x600)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>
File: Jyusenkitai1.jpg (58 KB, 348x402)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>
File: Obari sketch.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-465.png (355 KB, 640x480)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
Got some more work done today. Because this is just a quality check, there isn't really anything interesting to post, unless I have something specific to report to AI. So I'm mostly just bumping with a random screenshot.
>>
File: Official pic (CBF).jpg (57 KB, 640x448)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-478.png (433 KB, 640x480)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>17842336
Another small issue here. You spelled this guy's name Gon Jem in this location title, but I've been using Gun Jem in the dialogue. Then I checked the menu file and found that it's spelled Gon Jem there too, I guess that's where you checked.
I think we settled on Gun Jem because it's what msubs uses, so if you change the location name over there, I can change it in the menu editor over here myself.
>>
And episode 10 of Daiohja finally got subbed after two long weeks!
>>
File: Phone card.jpg (49 KB, 640x448)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
>>17851622
Yeah, I tried to check against the in-game names at times for anything I wasn't sure on. In any case noted, so just shout if you catch others!
>>
File: Shinobu official.jpg (17 KB, 400x274)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>
File: Shinobu portrait.jpg (7 KB, 180x264)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-481.png (376 KB, 640x480)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
Just gonna bump it myself for tonight. Nothing interesting to report, just still doing some corrections.
>>
File: Dancouga01.png (410 KB, 640x480)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>
File: Dancouga02.png (435 KB, 640x480)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
>>
Upwards to new heights
>>
File: the.png (432 KB, 640x960)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>17857304
Here's another thing for ya. The title cards for stages 14 and 15 say "The Battle of Jaburo", while in the menu they are just "Battle of Jaburo". I figured I could just change them in the Menu Editor, but when I tried it the tool told me the file was too large. So I'm gonna need you to either make it fit in the menu or change the title cards, either one is fine. I imagine the latter is easier for you, but it's your call. Just remember to do both stages.
>>
>>17868739
Sure, I'll make a note of it here along with any others you find, and once you're done with your story pass you can throw up your current files. I'll make any immediate string edits for things like this that need filesize adjustments then, and get an up to date set of general files uploaded after they're in.

On my own side, there's not been much luck hacking-wise, though I've mainly been focusing on trying to work something out for the one remaining JP image file (for in-battle text pop-ups like "Critical" and such). I'll swap off to the other things like the naming menu for a while due to that, and otherwise just go over more battle strings (which I'll throw up an overall list for changes/clarifications when they've all been looked through).
>>
File: GRWJD9-475.png (373 KB, 640x480)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>17869797
Okay, cool.
Didn't really have time to work on this today, so I'm really just bumping the thread before bed.
>>
Sending this up yet again
>>
File: solomon.png (442 KB, 640x960)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>17868739
>>17869797
Same issue with stages 18 and 19, please make a note for these too.
>>
File: Dancouga03.png (319 KB, 640x480)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>
File: yatteyaruze.png (687 KB, 640x960)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>17869797
Speaking of pop-up text, the text that pops up around Dancouga when the pilot skill activates says "Ferocity", but the skill is called "Instinct" in the menus. Should I go ahead and change it to Ferocity in the Menu Editor?

I'm up to stage 20 now on this correction pass. I had hoped to do 4 to 5 stages a day, but I'm only really managing 2 to 3. Not as fast as I hoped, but it's still good enough that I should be done by the end of the month.
>>
>>17877753
>I'm up to stage 20 now on this correction pass. I had hoped to do 4 to 5 stages a day, but I'm only really managing 2 to 3. Not as fast as I hoped, but it's still good enough that I should be done by the end of the month.
At least you're done with the boring 0079 plot.
>>
File: Dancouga04.png (344 KB, 640x480)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>
>>17877753
Yeah, Ferocity is what I had in the named images here. Pick whichever is the better fit from the kanji sure, and I can adjust to match that where needed!
>>
>>17879932
The Japanese for it is 野生化, which is something like "turning wild/feral". The J translation used Instinct, but I do think Ferocity is the better one word translation.
>>
After a week and a half of waiting episode 11 of Daiohja has finally been subbed.
>>
>>17880738
If you wanna go for Ferocity, that's grand, feel free to adjust it in the menu file sure! (unless it doesn't want to save as is, in which case I'll sort it out afterwards as well)
>>
File: Dancouga05.png (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>
File: Eyecatch.png (2 MB, 1920x1080)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>
>>17880738
I remember one of the games (Alpha 3?) simply called it Beast Mode
>>
File: Ending badges - Shinobu.png (1.87 MB, 1920x1080)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>
Thanks for the hard work guys, but I gotta ask, why didn't you try to translate, say, one of the alpha games or something. I expected those to have a bigger following.
>>
File: GRWJD9-493.png (199 KB, 640x480)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>17888894
This project began because there happened to be a simple way to replace the text in this game readily available (though we eventually abandoned that method for a better one). So we did this one because it was doable. If you can find out a way to do the same thing in another game, I'll be all ears.

>>17879932
I just noticed this bit of text still in Japanese, when you attack an enemy from outside their weapons' range. 反撃不可 means "counterattack impossible". I don't know where to change this though, I hope you do.
Also, stage 24 has the same issue with its title as the other ones I mentioned, it says "Destruction of Little Saye" in the menu and "The Destruction of Little Saye" in the title card. This seems to have happened a lot for some reason.
>>
>>17890017
>This project began because there happened to be a simple way to replace the text
Ah I didn't know that. Still, thanks for translating it.
>>
>>17890017
I should be able to track that down to fix if it's one of those strings that isn't grabbed by the existing apps. I'm away from my main PC until next week, so I'll sort a new start.dol file when I'm home.

On the thing with the additional "The"s, that'd likely be since only the images were adjusted for now. I'll get the title strings all updated when I get a chance to edit them in the file though.
>>
File: 26.png (422 KB, 640x960)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>17891294
Alright. There's no hurry or anything.
Still on the topic of stage titles, I think we should change 26. It's not very straightforward and I didn't have any context when I first translated it, I also feel that "quaking" is not a very good word to describe an ocean. I'm thinking maybe "The Swaying Ocean of Planets" would be good.
Just to keep track, the stage titles that need fixing so far are 8, 14, 15, 18, 19, 24 and 26.
>>
File: Ending badges - Sara.png (2.03 MB, 1920x1080)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>
>>17892602
Is it a J9 stage?
Because Planets Ocean is a proper noun in those shows. It's also the title of episode 22 of Baxinger, which my scripts have as 'Trembling Planets Oceans'.
>>
>>17894587
Yeah it's a Baxinger stage with Ozma Drago and Key Malone showing up.
What is this Planets Oceans thing then? It's in the title of the stage but it's not actually mentioned in the stage, in fact I don't recall it being mentioned ever until the end of the game. They just keep talking about the New Planets instead.
>>
>>17894617
The Planets Ocean is the name for the area where the New Planets are. There's 6 coloured sub-divisions. The New Planets were created at the end of Bryger by Jupiter getting blown up.
>>
>>17894719
>The New Planets were created at the end of Bryger by Jupiter getting blown up.
Oh, that's interesting. Obviously that's not quite how it goes down in this game. I really don't recall this Planets Ocean being referred to by name in dialogue when I did the initial translation, even though the New Planets are a major story element for a chunk of the game, but maybe it was mentioned and I forgot. I'll pay attention going forward with the correction pass.
As for the episode title, I suppose we should make it "The Trembling Planets Ocean" for consistency. No apostrophe since it's an ocean made out of planets, not an ocean that belongs to a planet.
>>
>>17895477
In show it varies between 惑星海 and プラネッツ オーシャン for extra fun.
>>
File: Ending badges - Masato.png (1.94 MB, 1920x1080)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>
Now ep 12 of Daiohja got subbed.
>>
Up up up
>>
File: Ending badges - Ryo.png (1.95 MB, 1920x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>
>>17894117
Shapiro did nothing wrong
>>
File: Main crew.jpg (1.49 MB, 3103x1056)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>
>>17896634
What are you calling the 新惑星連合, if it's even a thing in the show? I currently have it as "New Planetary Alliance", but I'm thinking 'New Planets Alliance" is probably better since the name means that it's an alliance formed by the New Planets, not a planetary alliance that is new.
>>
>>17904465
'New Planets Alliance' is what we used. It's based on the historical Choshu-Satsuma alliance.
>>
File: Mugshot 01.png (2.08 MB, 1920x1080)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>
File: GRWJD9-501.png (447 KB, 640x480)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>17905850
Okay, good. I'm already fixing every mention of it as I see it.

Here's a comprehensive list of every episode title that needs fixing for AI, just so there's no confusion later.
>8: Garma Falls
>14: The Battle of Jaburo (Part 1)
>15: The Battle of Jaburo (Part 2)
>18: The Siege of Solomon (Part 1)
>19: the Siege of Solomon (Part 2)
>24: The Destruction of Little Saye
>26: The Trembling Planets Ocean
>26b: The New Planets Alliance
>29b: The Evil Clutches of the Death Demons
Some of these need to be fixed in the title card and others in the menu. I'm still occasionally editing stuff in the menu, so you might want to wait until I'm done with my pass and hand over the files to do those.

Also, about the location name in this screenshot, does EFA stand for Earth Federation Army? We've been using Earth Federation Forces in the translation (Bring was very insistent about this), so it should say EFF instead. Unless it stands for something else entirely and I'm blanking.
This and the Gun Jem thing are the only locations that need fixing so far.
>>
>>17907993
As far as I know they've always used EFGF to refer to ground forces, EFSF for space, and EFF to refer to the military as a whole. Never heard of EFA being used.
>>
>>17907993
This could be my fault. I think I was using that for "Earth Federation Alliance."
>>
File: Mugshot 02.png (1.71 MB, 1920x1080)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>
File: Mugshot 03.jpg (83 KB, 1035x824)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>
File: Shinobu cockpit.jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (31 KB, 511x512)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Hey, You.
Yes. The one posting Dancouga pics.
_____________________________ Thank you. Keep it up. _______________________________________________________
>>
>>17907993
Roger! Other than what's been mentioned, there's also one mention of the New Planets Alliance in the location names as well (for on board a battleship) which would also need changed then in this case.

Other than that, I'm back home now and am just getting past the post-trip fatigue, so I'll be jumping back into things properly again after that!
>>
File: Shinobu1.png (355 KB, 640x480)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>17915217

Keeping the thread bumped is the only contribution I can offer for this project so damn right I will
>>
>>
File: GRWJD9-512.png (376 KB, 640x480)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
Hey, just checking in. I'm still working at the same pace, there hasn't been anything really important for me to report these past few days. There are a few more episode titles to fix, but at this point I might as well just give AI a complete list at the end. It's just the "the" issue in most of them.
Just to mention something, the bottom line in the Layzner upgrade selection prompt is too wide for the box, but we can fix this by just rewording it. We could make it say "Layzner Mk.II / Powered-up Layzner", the "go with" is kinda redundant anyway.
>>
>>
>>
Daiohja subs have now made it to episode 13, we're one quarter the way through, /m/en!
>>
>>17738740
>>
File: GRWJD9-507.png (369 KB, 640x480)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
Bumping. Some more work done today, not major to mention.
I won't be done by the end of the month like I thought I was going to be, but it shouldn't be too much longer.
>>
>>17723187
Clad this project is still chugging along.
>>
>>
>>17924997
One day later we get episode 14! Anyone else think we should start informing /srwg/ about the Daiohja subs progress?
>>
>>
>>17927676
May big breasts comfort you in your dreams
>>
>>17915681
So, slightly odd thing happened today, the intermission menu after beating stage 38 keeps giving me an error message. It doesn't cause the emulator to crash, I can dismiss the message and keep playing, but the same error pops up every time I go into a submenu and then back to the main menu. This only happens in the intermission menu directly after beating stage 38; I beat the substage that follows, 38b, and I don't get the error in the intermission after that. I loaded older saves from before reaching stage 38 and I don't get the error in those either, but loading the save from stage 38 still has it. Pretty weird.
I've uploaded my current files and the memory card below if you wanna check this out, but it's not urgent or anything since it seems to be gone after that stage. If you prefer to wait until after I'm done to mess with anything, that's fine too.
>https://mega.nz/#!PNhjgCQZ!LRZ0uw97O-Gh4XE5mIRZukKbZbwAk-44Kb9OAb6urL4
>>
Error sending this on up
>>
>>17934209
Huh, I assume this is an emulator error then in that case since you mention that it's dismissable anyway. I'll see about taking a peek later tonight/tomorrow then, and see what happens with a few different versions of Dolphin, and let you know how it goes.
>>
>>17930400
And with ep 15 being released it seems like Anime Shinigami is doing daily releases!
>>
>>
>>
>>17934209
>>17935715
I checked in on this earlier, and yeah, I'm also having bother with that intermission, on older and newer Dolphin versions. I just don't get an error message though, it just freezes outright if I try to go back to it after the first visit (as in reloading it, in and out of submenus, etc), so was it just a generic error in your case, and could you grab a screenshot of it?

Not tried it on the console just yet, but I will as well when I get a chance. I've also tried using some older files to see where the issue lies, but I've not had any luck pinning it down just yet. If I learn more, I'll keep you posted.
>>
File: error.png (12 KB, 370x171)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>17938425
This is the error message. I am on Dolphin 5.0.
>>
>>
Go on up now once again
>>
>>
File: GRWJD9-515.png (313 KB, 640x480)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
Couldn't actually do any work on this these past couple of days due to an issue with my computer, but seems to be fine now. Got another stage done. I always have backups anyway, so there's no risk of losing progress or anything.
>>
Ep 16 of Daiohja got subbed now, it's a third the way through!
>>
>>
File: Fot0s.png (430 KB, 640x960)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>17938425
Here's another odd thing. I noticed that the text for Four's Focus appears a bit mangled in her status screen, both in the intermission menu and on the map, but looks fine in the screen where you actually cast the spirit. At first this only happened to Four and no one else, but then I recruited Puru Two and it happened to her too, so I'm guessing it's an issue with the "Cyber Newtype" text on the left as they're the only ones who have it. This isn't really much of a problem at all, but I figured I'd mention it in case you wanna look into it. I think the last memory card I sent you already has Four in the team.
>>
>>17947525
Yep, this is the Cyber Newtype line causing that here. The "L8" from that is pushed way over to the right, because those are dynamically positioned based on the length of the skill name. It's treating things as if the font is still the original larger fixed width, so it thinks it should be there instead of right next to the text.

Anyway, the error message you sent along helped with the other stage 38 issue at least, as I think I was able to pin down where things are going off track for it. Not had a proper chance to sit down and look into what the actual issue is or to fix it yet since it's a heavy workload week, but it's a start for when I can sort the time at least.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: アケミ.jpg (44 KB, 540x540)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
I'll bump it myself this time, Dancouganon. Nothing much to report today, just that I'm up to stage 44. That's 15 more to go, plus five sub-stages. The regular stages start getting pretty long at this point, unfortunately.
>>
Ep 17 of Daiohja has been subbed into English, Anime Shinigami is one third done!
>>
I think I might have the stage 38 thing fixed now anyway. It seems to work from my initial testing, but as the code that had the issue is used in a few spots I'm gonna see about doing some random tests in other locations later to make sure it doesn't have any other effects from changing things about. If all goes well, I'll adjust the "out of range" thing at the same time, and throw up patched files afterwards.
>>
>>17953621
And now ep 18! When will /m/ start watching Daiohja?
>>
>>17956386
When it has non-crabstick subs. AS are crabstick grade.
>>
File: catfight.png (1.47 MB, 640x1680)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Kay, there you go. I didn't get to see this interaction in game on my first pass because who the hell still deploys Sayaka this late in the game. But now I get to see that it does in fact trigger.
>>
>>17956849
They are a tier above crabstick
>>
>>
So wait, is there a release of the translation yet?
>>
>>17959258
Naw. Not as a proper patch anyway, though we've always posted the files in progress right here on the thread, so anyone who felt like it could have downloaded them and shoved them into the game using GC Rebuilder to try it out.
Regardless, I think we're pretty close now? I'm not sure exactly what else AI thinks needs doing on his end, but on my end I'm almost done with the correctional pass. The library is still an issue, but honestly, at this point I'd rather skip it than delay a potential release for months while I work on that thing by myself. We'll see.
>>
>>
Daiohja ep 19 has now been subbed. Wow AS is on a role.
>>
File: 57661514_p4.jpg (156 KB, 800x1131)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Up to stage 50 today. Nine to go.
>>
>>17963276
Almost ready for Christmas
>>
>>
>>17963276
Awesome
>>
>>17960528
>The library is still an issue, but honestly, at this point I'd rather skip it than delay a potential release for months while I work on that thing by myself.
agreed, would much rather have a V1 release minus the library and get a V2 with it later than having to wait several additional months for it to get done first
>>
>>17965236
I think the same.
>>
>>
File: 1987 calendar.jpg (731 KB, 928x1200)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-533.png (250 KB, 640x480)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
Moving right along, up to stage 53 now.
>>
File: Black Wing N figure.jpg (50 KB, 600x800)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>
>>17969498
nice you guys are awesome.
>>
File: 000front.jpg (370 KB, 1489x2104)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>
File: 001.jpg (442 KB, 1443x2091)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-58.png (248 KB, 620x492)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
Right, this should be a fix for that one crash now, seeing as I should hopefully have tracked down every instance where it may pop up. Looks to have been messing up a pointer calculation somewhere in the code, which crashed the game any place where it tries to load from it. In any case, I've tested loading every stage, going in and out of menus on each intermission, and did some less extensive testing on my Wii as well. All in all, this should be fine, but let me know details if the issue is still there on your end, and I'll look into it again. The "can't counter" text is also sorted as well in this update.

The files are over here, as usual:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wvdx1hcbtes58jv/Crash_Fix_Files.zip/file

In terms of release stuff, from some prior testing the patch process seems to work fine via xdelta, and the size isn't too extreme either. For a list of things to do before a v1 release, the important stuff would be:
-Complete the once over for stage text
-Complete the once over for battle text
-Confirm that Jaku/Jaaku names are correct in files for units/weapons
-Address the complete list of things to fix Oppai has for me after running through the game
-Make sure that this crash fix seems to work on more than just my own devices

Less vital things that would be nice to have would probably be:
-Fix the text positioning so things look nicer/address the Cyber NT level drifting into other text
-Do the library entries for the Original units, so all the Originals get their details in-game (since mostly everything else can be found online)
-Align 1-2 images a bit more naturally using spare image space
-Extract, translate, and reinsert the image with the in-battle text pop-ups, such as skills (though I find this unlikely overall at the moment from what I've tried out)
-Translate the disc name and set up an English banner for the Dolphin library

Once the main story's had a run through, I'll fix up what's needed where I can sure, and we'll see how things stand.
>>
Up ya go
>>
>>17974590
I generated new files from those and the stage 38 issue seems to be gone.

I think I already checked all the Jaku stuff, but I'll make sure when I go through the final battle with them again.
The disc name and banner seem pretty straightforward to change in CGR, though I haven't tried it. We can just the English logo from the title screen (which I was made by Dash?).
You said a while ago you were gonna look at the battle dialogue, are you still doing that or should I do it? I've been spotting some lines during this playthrough that could be redone, and I could ensure everything's consistent with how the characters talk in the cutscenes.
>>
>>17976235
Cool, good to know that the fix seems good anyway. And yeah, banner stuff seems fine like you mention, just need to do the image editing, and make sure nothing acts up after inserting it. On the battle stuff, still not finished it yet, but once I do I'll pass the details your way so you can sort out any that still need reworked/consistency. I need to test using the player name control code in particular for them too, since they seem to be just fixed "Akemi" lines from looking through at the moment.
>>
>>17976938
If you already got started on the battle lines, that's fine. What do you mean about the player name, though? I'm pretty sure the name never gets mentioned in battle lines, since they're voiced and you can name your character anything.
>>
Certain games in the series do have voiced lines referencing the protagonist's name if you keep the default. Assuming it might be that?

Also up since that's my trademark
>>
>>17978030
There's a few, mostly from Fairey, where they're referenced by name in battle. I'd wager they're either unused, only used if you stay with the default name (as mentioned), or maybe just leave the voiced name out instead. In any case, I'm for checking the original lines for those ones, just to be sure about how they were in Japanese.
>>
File: GRWJD9-539.png (369 KB, 640x480)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>17978404
>>17979490
Okay, that's interesting. I tested it for a bit with some quick new games with the name on default and managed to get a voiced line including the name in the raw Japanese game, but not in the translated version, even using the same exact setup (using the weakest attack with Soul Saber seems to do it). But maybe it's still possible and I just got unlucky, who knows. Also, now that I heard it again, I'm pretty sure I used to get these lines all the time when I did my original translation pass, it just didn't quite register with me what was going on.
If you're gonna edit those lines, just remember that the default name is Akimi for both genders. Akemi was made up for Moon Dwellers and I just entered it manually for my current run.
>>
>>17980386
here i am bumping like a hurricane. honestly guys you are awesome
>>
File: 002.jpg (528 KB, 1422x2097)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>
Bumping. Two stages and one substage to go for me.
>>
File: 003.jpg (405 KB, 1455x2094)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>
Just the final stage left in this correction pass, I'll be done tomorrow. Then I'll upload my files and post the list of things I need AI to fix, it's mostly just a bunch of stage title cards.
>>
>>17986915
This is great, thank you for your work.
>>
File: herl.png (109 KB, 260x260)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Okay, here we go. Corrected pass is complete. As far as I'm concerned, this means all the story dialogue is actually finished.

Files:
>https://mega.nz/#!WFgjFAoK!M0rPW7tLHqXwrj6Ma7BdAHnb43cTBYC2qWueXdX6Fok

I included in the zip a txt for AI with the list of episode titles and location names that need to be fixed. While he's doing that and whatever else he needs to do, I'll go back to working on the library and just do as much as I can until he's done. Who knows, maybe I'll get some magical inspiration and actually finish it.
>>
File: 004.jpg (416 KB, 1440x2094)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
Good work guys!
>>
I was out yesterday so apparently Anime Shinigami got to episode 20 of Daiohja, but when I checked this morning they were already at ep 21. We are 42% of the way done, boys!
>>
just wanted to drop in and thank ya'll for the hard work
>>
>>17990544
When do you think they'll finish? I'm betting shortly after New Year's Day at the rate they're going.
>>
>>17990822
Well, they are almost done with the 2001 version of Cyborg 009 by only three episodes so high chance they'll be focusing on that. After that they are ten episodes away from finishing Dragon Quest so that will likely get done by Hanukah.

>spell check states Hanukah is only spelled with one N

And this is provided AS doesn't pick up something from their backlog. Judging by their comments section Xabungle has the highest demand from the people following them. We could be seeing more 80s Tomino fans from Italy on our board soon (and I welcome them).
>>
>>17990843
What is their backlog?
>>
>>17990853
httpsCOLON//animeshinigamiDOTaltervistaDOTorg/joomla/nostreHYPHANserie/future

Supposedly after Daiohja gets finished they'll do Getter Robo Go and it too will have English subs. Italian anime fans must want more of that sweet 80s mecha and who can blame them? Also do you think if we beg them they could also do Enma-kun 73 in English too? ARR ain't doing it and I don't see even Discotek picking it up any time soon.
>>
>>17990867
>Galvion
>Cyborg 009 1968
>Enma-kun 1973
>Getter Robo Go
>Vifam
>Gold Lightan
>L-Gaim
>Machine Robo
>Prince Planet
>Rainbow Sentai Robin
>Xabungle
>Orguss
>Ultraman Joneus
>some Time Bokan series
>Wanpaku Tanteidan

That's a lengthy backlog
>>
>>17991078
L-Gaim and Xabungle already have legit English releases though.
>>
>>17988409
Ah nice! I'll take a peek at sorting the titles later on tonight here then and send them back across, just so any updates that need to be done in that file get sorted before you start any library stuff. Excluding that, when I have them all looked over and fixes applied, I'll send the battle stuff your way with a list of changes, so you can sort out character voice/names/terms/etc to be consistent with the main story.
>>
>>17988409
>>17991394
And here we go, some updates on the things you requested. I've also got ALL of the effects of Love in this time, and fixed up Soul dropping the period down to a second line as well. Looks to be no stretching on the spirit text either, even with how long Love is. Fixed images are a tomorrow job now due to the time it is here, but I have about 80% of the changes requested done so far.

Latest add02dat file is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ra89z1f26vs78hn/add02dat_Nov19th.bin/file
>>
>>17991095
it's an Italian sub group, anon.
>>
File: SSFF.png (546 KB, 640x1064)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>>17992163
Alright, excellent. I'm not gonna need the title cards or anything, so take your time with that.
I started doing the OG robots in the library like you suggested to make sure at least these are included. Each of Soul Saber's frame combinations has its own entry, as well as Super Soul Saber's, and also the core fighter thing, the booster unit and the combined core fighter and booster, for a total of 11 entries just from picking super at the start. So that's cool.
>>
>>17992992
No bother then. I'll bundle that up with a few other image changes that need done then anyway, and throw them all up at once down the line. Other than that, I'm mainly just plowing away at stuff here as usual when I have the free time to do so. So I'll pop in with any news on anything getting sorted here as I go.
>>
File: pilder.png (240 KB, 640x582)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>17994262
Okay. The timetable is pretty much in your hands now. No pressure or anything, we don't have a deadline.
I finished all the Soul Saber stuff yesterday, so hopefully I should be able to get the Soul Gunner/Lancer entries and the antagonists done today.
>>
File: guardial.png (595 KB, 640x1160)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>17995565
I did it, all the OG robots are done. I guess I'll go back to doing some characters tomorrow.
>>
Episode 32 of Daiohja has been subbed!
>>
File: jewdough.png (416 KB, 640x890)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
Judau is the 99th character bio on the list. This means I've done a bit over a hundred now, as a while ago I skipped to the end to do the OGs.
If I can do ten per day starting now, I should be done with the character library in about two weeks.
>>
File: 005.jpg (413 KB, 1446x2094)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>
File: roux.png (359 KB, 640x750)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
#100 to #109 done. Coincidentally that's the end of the ZZ cast since there's only like half of the plot here.
>>
File: 006.jpg (393 KB, 1407x2097)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>
File: fairy not Fairey.png (467 KB, 640x994)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
Ten L-Gaim characters done today. So far so good. Not sure why we needed to know Lilith's measurements, but here they are.
Could anyone possibly confirm the name of Nei Mo Han's voice actress? English sources like MAL and ANN have it as Harumi Takeuchi, but the Japanese SRW fan wiki says the reading is Kumi Takeuchi. It's difficult to find information on this person, seems like Nei is her only role ever.
>>
>>18008333
Kumi Takeuchi seems to be correct. That's what all the Japanese sites use.
>>
I'm ready for this. For now though, sending it on up!
>>
>>17992992
...isn't it Fighter FAST?
>>
>>18010710
ファイター・ファースト
>>
>>18010710
Yeah, I went back and changed to fast when I was doing the other forms. I was confused because it's ファースト instead of just ファスト. I don't know why they'd use a long vowel for "fast", but I guess that's what it is since it makes the most sense. The high mobility legs are "fast" and the high defense legs are "guard".
>>
File: 007.jpg (435 KB, 1440x2103)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>
File: poseidal.png (341 KB, 640x722)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
I had to skip my quota yesterday because I had a thing, but got it done today. This is almost all of the L-Gaim characters done, only Full Flat is left.
>>
Daiohja ep 24 just got subbed, almost half way!
>>
Up now up up
>>
>>18015962
After Cyborg 009 what do you think they will tackle next?
>>
>>18017519
Likely xabungle since it has the highest demand.
>>
>>18017636
Why? Since Xabungle already have good English subtitles.
>>
>>18018831
Anime Shinigami is an Italian sub group, their english translators are working on Daiohja.
>>
File: 008.jpg (472 KB, 1416x2103)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>>
AS just released episode 25! We are half way through Daiohja being fully subbed! Now if only someone would upload a proper raw batch.
>>
>>18022486
We're living in a decent timeline
>>
File: hellgo.png (457 KB, 640x680)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
This past couple of days I ended up being busy with something. I'll try to make up for it over the weekend.
>>
Any chance of you guys doing Neo next?
>>
>>18017519
Well they just finished it and made a new banner, we're about to find the fuck out here soon.
>>
File: eiji.png (478 KB, 640x964)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
Bit of work done today. More tomorrow.
>>
Been plugging away at things here as well, depending on how busy things have been each day. On battle quotes I just need to sort out the J9 stuff, then loop back to the hell that is the leftover Gundam UC pilots that I passed over to get some variety in. Will get stuck into more of those later on once I'm off work at least.
>>
I'm back in the groove, got ten Layzner characters done today. Forgot to take screenshots before closing my shit so just take my word for it today.
>>
>>18030680
So how did you guys settle on the romanization of Ru-Kain//Le Cain/Le Caine/Lu Klyne etc anyway?
>>
File: 009.jpg (680 KB, 1443x2103)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
>>
>>18025995
And it's Giant Robo 2007! End in English! Why is Anime Shinigami so based?
>>
>>18032735
>And in English
>>
File: gosterro.png (423 KB, 640x822)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>18031389
No idea. I'm mostly sticking to the names Dash programmed into the script editor. I think he and Bring and Steve made efforts to verify the more dubious ones in the early days of the project, but I don't really remember. I figure it's fine as long as they're consistent throughout this translation.

Finished the Layzner characters today, starting Dragonar tomorrow.
>>
File: 011.jpg (1.23 MB, 1431x2100)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>
File: 012.jpg (641 KB, 1395x2103)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
>>
File: kaine.png (535 KB, 640x1136)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
Is the colony's name actually supposed to be Alucard? That's what Wikipedia told me,
>>
>>18037856
It is. Why did they name it that? I dunno.
>>
I dunno why i am still Up at 4, but i see this is on 7, so Up it goes in case.
>>
On the last few battle files now! Should have them done later today, though I'll need to quickly test them to make sure that I've not mucked anything up with the changes.
>>
Bad news, AS pulled their Daiohja english sub releases. I'm pissed, thankfully they're still on KissAnime.
>>
File: a char.png (375 KB, 640x822)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
Bout half of Dragonar cast done.
>>
File: 013.jpg (619 KB, 1440x2100)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
>>
>>18039746
That sucks ass like a felcher
>>
File: iron deficiency.png (251 KB, 640x584)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
Dragonar cast done, Trider is next.
>>
>>18039746
Did it get licensed or something? Weren't they only like halfway through the show too
>>
>>18044803
We don't know, they haven't said a word.
>>
>>18039746
>>18043868
>>18044803
>>18044874
Christmas isn't ruined, I wasn't going to say anything, but you can expect the 1972 anime Astro Ganga/Ganger in english subs just in time for the holidays.
>>
>>18047324
Holy shit WHAT!?
>>
>>18047324
This better not be a hoax
>>
>>18047378
They're uploading on Anidex, it's real.
>>
>>18047396
Based ARR is the chemo saving /m/.
>>
File: 1372823566853.jpg (34 KB, 624x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>18047411
>Based ARR
>>
>>18047420
You mean someone else was working on Astro Ganga?
>>
Welp, this thread is done, what should the next opening pic be?
>>
File: cool album art.jpg (203 KB, 1000x991)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>18047531
Daiohja, obviously
>>
>>18047440
Bootlegs with Arabic->English dubtitles have existed for a few years but haven't been ripped
>>
>>18047531
I'll make a new thread before this one falls off. It's still only on page 3.
>>
New thread:
>>18049156
>>18049156
>>18049156

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.