[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: BAM.png (278 KB, 640x423)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>"Damaging the engine can fuck everything up in the colony!"
> Ah, here we go, he's going to disarm th-
>"I should go straight for the cockpit!"
Oh...
>>
Amuro learned the hard way
>>
>>17703146
I had only watched more recent series until today. This scene had way more impact than it should, but it may be from me being used to the more "never kill absolutely anything ever" protags I have been exposed to in this franchise.
>>
>>17703134
>>"Damaging the engine can fuck everything up in the colony!"
god EVERY FUCKING FIGHT in victory they had to mention this shit it annoyed the hell out of me
>>
>>17703161
to be fair the MSs in Victory blows up like nuke.
>>
>>17703154
A lot of Gundam MCs tend to have no qualms about killing or at times are straight up psychopaths with pic related being one of the few exceptions
>>
>>17703202
I had watched SEED, 00, AGE and Unicorn. I was convinced "I only kill by accident" was the norm at this point.
>>
>>17703241
Congrats on getting the worst series out the way first.
>>
>>17703258
He's yet to watch Wing and IBO though.
>>
I can't be the only one who thinks it's fucking stupid that EVERY recent Gundam fight goes

>blow up each other's shields without hitting anything else
>blow up each other's guns without hitting anything else
>SWORDS
>>
>>17703266
And those are nowhere near as bad as SEED, Destiny, and AGE, which are easily the shittiest of all Gundam entries.
>>
>>17703370
Shoo shoo, toonami kiddie.
>>
>>17703154
Nah Amuro is a straight G and ends the OYW as one of the top federation aces.
>>
>>17703202
to be fair alot of the other protagonists are soldiers so it makes more sense that theyre not as phased in the moment by that
>>
>>17703373
>SEEDfag calling someone a Toonami kiddie
Brilliant
>>
>>17703413
I know, right? Wing fans truly are the lowest of the low.
>>
>>17703421
>>
>>17703421
thats a weird way of saying 00fags
>>
>>17703413
You can (Not) make this shit up lmao
>>
>>17703421
>>17703373
>>17703266
>not liking Wing or G
the true sign of someone developmentally halted during puberty. Needs muh serious war and depravity, can't appreciate anything fun b/c afraid it'll make them look like a kid (something only edgy teens worry about)
Probably hate ZZ too, same reasons
>>
>>17704838
>Nobody mentioned G
>Calls people immature for not liking Wing
>When the complaint about wing is that it’s immature gunk for eternal teens
Irony incarnate.
>>
>>17704848
>Toonami kiddie
yikes, he doesn't know
and way to confirm my point lmao, gatekeeping media on if it's "mature" or not isn't an adult trait lol
>>
>>17703346
no, it's mostly lets boost in and goes straight to swords, gun are bad..
>>
>>17704854
Go tell a bunch of other adults you collect robot toys and watch robot cartoons and see how they don’t judge you based on maturity.
>>
>>17704859
There was something nostalgic about Flit spending a decent portion of his fights shooting at enemies.
>>
>>17704868
I miss that.
>>
>>17704866
>this is how the outside world is
>hasn't socialized in years
lol sure anon, that's why I have transformers on my desk at work, why my girlfriend and I bought a house with a workshop for my models, etc. Because it's totally a closet hobby.
Adults don't hate fun, and don't judge each other on it. Taking yourself so seriously is the only immature thing here lol
>inb4 everyone in your life secretly hates you
I've converted several friends to gunpla and /m/ stuff, just because you're a sadsack who can't socialize doesn't mean we all are
>>
>>17704874
>Is a complete manchild
lol, no argument here. You do you.
>>
>>17704880
nice cope, enjoy being lonely forever
>>
>baiting like this on /m/aturity
1-800-comonnow.png
>>
>>17703202
Say that to the protag that literally went crazy over not being able to live with how many people he killed.
>>
>>17703161
I honestly feel like they rigged the Bespa MS to go off like nukes. Even in a normal MS fight from other shows, having the MS go off like that is extremely rare.

Hell, F91 was filled with fights inside a colony, and no one fucked up and hit a reactor?
>>
>>17705904

Kind of hard, given that no such protagonist exists in Gundam.
>>
>>17705922

Crossbone Vanguard trained pilots to not target the reactor in the Colonies. Federation pilots were ass anyway and were no match for them.
>>
>>17703241
>00
>I only kill by accident
>>
>>17706200
According to expanded shit and some lines in the show, the protagonists actually killed absolutely nobody outside of the onscreen deaths, which were an accident. Celestial Being are saints. SAINTS.
>>
>>17703176
Seems to come out of nowhere though. Like for half the series MSs are getting trashed left and right, then halfway through when the show starts to go hard into Muh Environmentalism, suddenly the MSs become nukes.
>>
>>17706252
Bullshit, they're exploding armed forces and A-laws left and right.
>>
>>17706256
I agree with you, which is half of the reason I saw Celestial Being as villainous as fuck. But, nope, apparently the 00 universe has G.I. Joe tier ejection seats or something equally 80s cartoon ridiculous, since absolutely nobody died during those battles outside of the named pilots.
>>
File: All we can do is kill.png (490 KB, 984x720)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>17705904
Viewed Kamille's mindflay more as punishment for getting used to killing people, as with Amuro being pretty fucking miserable during Zeta.
One of my favorite scenes from Zeta was just Fa wondering if the could ever return to normal lives or even finish high school,, and Kamille just says no, we kill people now.
>>
>>17703421
I only watch Wing for the Leo's and the Aries.
That series is bad otherwise. I was annoyed more than anything watching the terrible characters stay terrible. Zech was the only one kinda cool and even then he's autistic
>>
>>17706252
Iirc it's stated that some civilians were killed in the crossfire during their intervention in Moralia.
>>
>>17705922
>>17706116
Also the whole point of shotlancers was that it was a weapon that could be used in colony combat without setting off an MS reactor.

>>17706254
The first instance of an MS reactor being used as a makeshift nuke was actually in F91, when Cecily uses a derelict Jegan to destroy the ship deploying the Bugs.
>>
>>17706276
I think it’s when the guys who suffered a lot directly under CB’s bullshit confront them, that it starts getting “But only accidents happened!” and very “But nobody died on purpose!”. I just remember being very pissed off at the show for going full retcon on what happened on screen. Fuck Celestial Being.
>>
>>17706263
I'd buy it if in S1 they weren't always shooting to kill, given how people like Setsuna intentionally let people like Sergei and Patrick live in their first encounters, but there's no way the ALAWs body count wasn't stacking up. There's no way these two goobers aren't fucking dead.
And even in the very first episode there were the terrorists who got tagged right smack dab in the middle of Virtue's beam, and even blew up before the beam was done firing.
>>
>>17706297
Not him, but did they really change it up later? I honestly can't remember, I do know that S1 had them blowing up shit all over the place, it didn't feel like they were holding back. If anything they'd just ignore you if your ms was banged up enough that you weren't deemed a threat.
>>
>>17706304
It seemed more like a tossup to me a lot of the time, even early on. Setsuna and Lockon downing the Enacts without lethally damaging them, but like I just said, Tieria just evaporates people without giving a shit, and there was also that time when Kyrios did a bombing run over a hangar.
VEDA probably had a "do not extend past X kills" or else countries would get more agitated like what happened with the Trinities.
>>
>>17706309
Trinity team targeted noncombatants and civilians.
>>
>>17706304
Someone is going to have to bite the bullet and watch all of 00 again. Nobody seems to actually remember and I was hoping someone would correct me. Because I distinctly remember lines about it all being an accident and how they weren’t to blame for the suffering of the girl and boy who got fucked by CB, because they weren’t out to kill people.
>>
>>17706324
I'm pretty sure you're full of shit. This would have been a much bigger deal during airing.
>>
File: 1.png (656 KB, 1280x719)
656 KB
656 KB PNG
>>17706339
There was this in reference to the CB pilots in S1 at least
>>
>>17706632
>a gang of rapacious murdersluts accuse CB of not being bloodthirsty enough
Well, sure, that's how the Trinities would see it.
>>
>>17706632
this group is going to stop all wars.
>>
>>17706324

They aren't out to kill people though; that's just a simple statement of fact. Their goal isn't to kill people; it's to stop war. They also want the public to actually agree with their stated goal, and sympathize with them. Hence the upfront message with their goal being defined. Killing people defeats that purpose, since it turns the general public against them and not just the military. Which is exactly what happens with the Trinities. Even if they just stuck to intentionally killing soldiers, the more soldiers they kill, the more likely it is that soldiers will hate them and and continue to create more conflict in retaliation against them. The plan including forcing the world's governments to unite to defeat them wasn't a known element to the plan, so they weren't acting to achieve that goal.

We know they kill people; the lines you are talking about just seem to indicate they weren't going out of their way to kill any soldiers they didn't need to. Which they won't need to a lot of the time when they have such a massive tech advantage. They don't always have that advantage though, so plenty of people they fight with do die and none of the pilots appears to have a problem with that.
>>
>>17706264
kamiyuuu...
>>
>>17704866
Listen, you want the cold hard truth of the adult word? Nobody gives a fuck what you do.
>>
>>17706632
that was the most retarded fucking show
>stop all wars
what where the writers thinking. Stupid, just stupid
>>
>>17712147

>what where the writers thinking
>>
>>17712147

They were probably thinking "this is the direction the franchise is heading, so we might as well try to tell an interesting story using it by acknowledging the hypocrisy of using violence to end violence right out the gate and making the protagonists the villains of the story". Which they did manage for the first season, even if execs fucked them in the second season. They were also probably told to use some of those elements by Banrise execs too, and needed to find a way to make them work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.