[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bright noa large belt.png (339 KB, 1200x1600)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
How much authority does Bright Noa have in the Federation?

Is he like a super-general or something? I just finished Gundam Unicorn, and Bright Noa was straight up able to seize an entire Military base, and talk shit to the President of the Federation without any repercussions. He said if they fired the Colony Laser that he would rebel against the entire Federation. The President threatened Bright's family, and Bright responded with:

"I'm going to be a man my children aren't ashamed of". and stares deadset into the Federation President's eyes without flinching.

I was quite surprised he could do that.
>>
At this point, he's somewhere between an O-6 and an O-7. That's usually base/large ship/ commander. On top of that, he's one of the few "Heroes" of the OYW, Gyrps Conflict, and Axis shock that still happen to be active military. He's actually kinda popular among the vets, and the grunts love him because he's far. Stern, but fair.
>>
He is the commander of a special forces unit that has the authority to act independently in order to find dissidents within the Federation, be they Zeon remnants or corrupt Federation officers

He's still underneath someone like Marcenas, but he's not afraid to make threats like that because on top of having a very loyal and powerful unit under his direct command, he is a very popular figure due to his status as a war hero, and it wouldn't even be the first time he took a moral stand and rebelled against the Federation military so there's no reason for them to think he's making an empty bluff
>>
>>17534953
Bright has three stars on his collar in Unicorn. Does that mean anything for ranking? He screamed at a 2 star collar guy no problem.
>>
>>17534935
Bright is an actual chad
>>
>>17534953
>At this point, he's somewhere between an O-6 and an O-7
No way dude. That seems kind of low for a OYW veteran and war hero. Bright is at least an O-8 or O-9.
>>
>>17534935
Because Bright is the most alpha of alpha chads. He don't care about Federation ranks.
>>
File: 122271371213.jpg (74 KB, 440x404)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>17534967
According to this he's a Captain.
>>
>>17535001
> Chad
> alpha
> his wife had two boyfriends before him and probably bang with one of them meanwhile he's only able to watch .. so he was cucked.
>>
>>17535016
You can't cuck someone you aren't in a relationship with, fuck outta here.
>>
>>17535022

Bright had talked to her about his intentions before they got to Jaburo (to be her husband), so he was upset that one of the Commanders talked about Mirai's suitor.
>>
>>17535007
Isn't Bright in the Army and not the navy? He never commands any ocean vessels in Gundam.
>>
>>17535022
He's beta as fuck for not being able to straighten out his son and regarding Mirai, had to wait for Sleggar to get out of the picture before making his move because Sleggar was alpha af
>>
>>17535037
A space *ship* is a naval vessel.
>>
File: 248.jpg (171 KB, 1243x928)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>17535044
Exactly
>>
>>17535037
Gundam mixes up a bunch of ranks from different services. Revil is a general (shogun) while Tianem is an admiral (teitoku)
>>
>>17535045
>Spaceship
>Water
Are you high? Bright was part of Earth Forces SPACE Force. Not their navy.
>>
>>17535050
Maybe they use General as a rank for the supreme commander of the EFF.
>>17535065
The Space Force uses naval ranks.
>>
>>17535096
The naval rank thing is just an embellishment of the English translators. Japan uses the same ranking system for all branches of the military.

As for the bit with him getting in President Marcenas' face and all that, like others have said he was probably able to get away with it because he had a lot of clout as one of the few major war heroes of the OYW who was still in the service.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if having him be the one to sign Hathaway's death warrant was somehow due to one of the higher ups he pissed off putting him in that position as revenge (though I'm not sure any of them would have known who Mufti actually was any more than Bright did).
>>
>>17535129
>Japan uses the same ranking system for all branches of the military.
That just seems really silly though.
>>
>>17535133
why? it streamlines everything.
>>
>>17535134
Wait when you say they use the same ranks, you mean for the EFF in UC, right?

Anyways, the differing ranks help give each branch distinct identities, and in some cases ranks are incompatible with other branches. A naval Captain is a senior position and a title, meanwhile army Captain is a lower ranking officer who has a smaller command.
>>
>>17535147
You know that every word in the American military comes from French?
>>
>>17534935
Shit, I feel like a brainlet for not understanding that bit. I didn't realize that's what he meant by threatening to retire.
>>
>>17535050
Revil is from seemingly part of the old guard of the federation. Hence "General" of the Earth federation forces, emphasis Earth.

The EFSF was only formally organized in response to Zeon's initial declaration of independence in UC0059, per gundamofficial. Meaning it was probably more of an impromptu thing that they threw together because spacenoids were getting rowdy. So Tianem might have been nominated for it or took over from a different branch
>>
>>17534935
I mean he literally already did that and nobody could do shit to him.
>>
>>17534935
I think the fact that he's running a pseudo Titans kind of helps. Londo Bell seems to be totally independent of the Federation and under Bright's personal purview. Doesn't help that for some reason he gets all sorts of cool shit while the main forces are using Gryps era suits.
>>
>>17535181
Aside from Airman and Seaman, yeah. English is fucking weird.
>>
>>17535212
>Doesn't help that for some reason he gets all sorts of cool shit while the main forces are using Gryps era suits.
Well, that's not exactly true. The General Revil are part of the regular army, and they get souped up versions of the normal Jegans and ReZELs that Londo Bell uses.
>>
>>17535287
Is Londo Bell or The General Revil a more prestigious posting for a soldier? Which one looks better for a soldiers career?
>>
>>17535314
Depends on which faction you're a part of.

Even if you're a fat fuck, you can get a cushy job as a base guard in the Federation's latest and greatest grunt AND be stationed next to a 7-eleven if you join the corrupt faction
>>
>>17535326
>Guarding a base now makes you part of a corruption faction
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>17535314
Probably the General Revil on paper but everyone knows Londo Bell would kick their ass in a fight
>>
>>17535355
Silly boy, guarding a base doesn't make you corrupt. Joining the corrupt faction gets you base guarding jobs.
>>
>>17535367
Please enlighten me on how this process works? Are you saying regularly enlisted pilots don't get to guard bases?
>>
>>17535187
>>17534935
If Bright quit and rebelled, at least 1/3rd of the Military would rally to Bright's cause. He a war hero of the One Year Wars, Gryps War, and stopped Neo Zeon. That Chairman shouldn't have taken that threat lightly
>>
>>17535375
That would depend on who assigns you your duty. Can you not see how corrupt people in a position of power can preferentially assign specific people into safe yet boring jobs such as base guard when all the action is happening literally never at that base?
>>
>>17534935
Bright is at least a General and a War Hero. He is probably as famous if not more famous than General Revil from the one year war. He isn't as powerful as he could be since Bright hates playing politics. So he probably doesn't have as many friends high up in authority. There are probably a few people above him that are politicians or generals that are corrupt and got their positions through nepotism and favoritism.
>>
>>17535314
The General Revil is the flagship of the whole EFSF, so it would be akin to say getting a posting flying a B-2 or Air Force/Marine Force One. The Londo Bell would be the equivalent of a top-tier special forces unit or flying an F-22, both are prestigious but in different ways.
>>
File: 1554138876810.png (1.53 MB, 1920x1080)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>17535375
letting some random pilot Guard one of your important base and not one of your own pilots that will follow YOUR order first. because sub-faction never showed up in Gundam.
T,brainlet
>>
>>17535287
>Well, that's not exactly true. The General Revil are part of the regular army, and they get souped up versions of the normal Jegans and ReZELs that Londo Bell uses.
Their Jegans are only slightly better and the Rezels are commander types and commander types with equipment packs.

Meanwhile Londo Bell got stark jegans, prototype stark jegans, and Jestas along with their assortment of normal jegans and rezels. Not to mention the Nahel Argama, whose gun is like 30% the output of a colony laser or some crazy shit
>>
>>17537907
The GR is more of a carrier whereas the Nahel Argama is more like a flying nuclear weapon.

The GR is probably the dumbest thing to have when any ship can field MS easily. You had thousands of crew members on one big ass ship just eat shit and die in NT. But it was helpless against Full Frontal too and Angelo. It's just important in name but I really doubt it was more prestigious than being part of Londo Bell if they just pack it full of retards. The Stark Jegan guy from Unicorn 1 gave Marida a fight and she's supposed to be a better pilot than FF in the novels
>>
>>17537907
I'd argue it's more the difference between getting a carrier posting vs a posting for an LHD.

Or like qualifying for jets vs getting pushed into helicopters.
>>
>>17538343
I'm pretty sure the GR is just the flagship of the general EFSF, and not apart of LB.
>>
>>17538362
That's what I meant. The ship itself is a big deal but it's full of non-Londo Bell normies, which in turn makes me think being on it doesn't make you a big deal, you're just a EFSF mook.
>>
>>17538343
To be fair The Nahel Argama would have died as well in that situation. No ship would have survived that massive explosion point blank. Londo Bell or not.

In a 1v1 battle, the General Revil would dominate any ship in firepower or MS capacity.
>>
>>17534935
All these Bright worshippers....

Bright is a failure. He failed to be a proper family man and be a good father to his family. He couldn't raise a proper son, and let his family be harms way during CCA. There's more to being a man than just military life. He should have taken care of his family.
>>
>>17535016
>and probably bang with one of them meanwhile he's only able to watch
Stop pretending you weren't the one who got cucked Cameron. Get over it and move on.
>>
>>17534935
>How much authority does Bright Noa have in the Federation?

Not much I guess but the Feds must be afraid of this guy. My headcanon tells me the only reason Londo Bell not having enough support or supplies from the federation was due to the fact that both Amuro and Bright are together Both of them can rally almost majority of EFSF officer to their cause by the strength of their name alone In short they don't want another Titan uprising again
>>
>>17539372

Cameron talks to a regular Federation officer after Char's speech in Char's Counterattack and says that the Federation thinks Londo Bell are spoiling for a fight with Neo Zeon regardless of peace talks.
>>
He is basically commanding a renamed AEUG that rejoined the federation and changed their name to Londo Bell. Battling zeon remnants and take down rogue/corrupt federation groups is what they do. Noa wasn't bluffing, and the Federation knows if pushed Londo Bell would bring the booth down and would have wide support from the military and many space colonists.
>>
>>17538633
the earth needed saving.
>>
>>17535044
t. Sleggar
if he was really alpha he wouldn't have died
>>
>>17538633
All things considered he still did a good job. He and Mirai raised their kids well and Hathaway still became a shit, that happens all the time in real life. Plus given his status him not taking charge would have destroyed his family and countless other families even more.
Not Bright's fault you're a retard that can't think
>>
>>17535065

The keyword here being

>ship
>a space ship is just a boat in space

It doesn't matter if it's a space ship or a water ship

Pretty much every piece of sci fi media equates space forces with naval ranks. The exception being occasionally marines for space infantry. The EFF and the EFSF are two separate branches just like the army and navy. I don't see how this concept is difficult to grasp.
>>
I want to add that in the real world, the prestige of being even a rank-and-file member of a Special Operations unit gives you incredible protection from scrutiny or prosecution for your actions.

This whole article is worth a read, but look at the part about the admiral's mast (insert gay jokes here) in particular: https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/. Yes, this is the same unit that killed Bin Laden. Yes, this is also the same unit that those two SEALs who are accused of "accidentally" killing a Green Beret in Mali when they really just wanted to sodomize him.
>>
>>17537918
Except the Cheyenne base is a proper EF base, not a Titans private asset. Any solider would follow their superiors at that base you moron.

>>17535454
Corrupted people in power would have the best people money can buy around them and assign retards at useless locations like Torrington

nuC fags are literally Fukui-tier retards
>>
>>17534935
I always got the impression Bright just bullied his way into people's shit by virtue of being a war hero.
>>
File: bravan.png (183 KB, 600x366)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>
>>17537918
The Titans had regular EFSF under their command as well, even at Jaburo. They automatically outranked EFSF soldiers with the same rank.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.