[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 115 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1557887426658.jpg (529 KB, 2400x1600)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
***READ THE GUIDE***

THE GUIDE: http://gunpla.buyfags.moe/

***READ THE GUIDE***

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.

For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!

>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post images whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting images.

>Why are my pictures sideways?
4chan strips EXIF data from images when they're uploaded to the website from your phone, including the orientation display tag. To solve this, save your images out separately, or use an app that will rotate and save the image itself for you.
One commonly used app that works well on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

Links:
>A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
>Kawaguchi gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
>Gundam lineart:
https://imgur.com/user/gundaml1neart
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
>Funaka's gunpla guides:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf
http://funakatown.com/images/Funakas_Scratchbuilding.pdf
>Falldog's gunpla guide:
http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide

Monthly restock:
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/2019may.pdf

Past Groupbuilds:
https://imgur.com/user/mechagroupbuild/posts

IRC:
>Server/Channel
Rizon/#gunpla

Previous Thread: >>17461443
>>
File: IMG_0311-1.jpg (563 KB, 1536x2048)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
**GROUND WARFARE GROUP BUILD**

Build a kit made for boots in the dirt action that will see heavy usage during a grounded war. This means
>No MS designed primarily for space/air/aquatic environments
>No sustained flight abilities (Transformable MS with a flight mode, add-on flight packs/platforms, etc)
>No weaponry only operable in zero-g environments (Funnels/bits, DRAGOONs, INCOMs, etc)
Any kit is fine for this build as long as it's a mecha. You may include additional elements in your build such as infantry, support vehicles, or a diorama so long as the main focal point of your entry is the mecha.

Submit your entries to gunplaplamo@gmail.com , include at least 5 finished pics and any WIP pics you took while working on your entry

START: 3/01/19
END: 5/31/19
>>
File: 1257002817956.jpg (141 KB, 480x340)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>working on RG sazabi
>inner frame is metallic
>have to spray every part separately because I dont want matte on it
>>
>>17470796
Why not? Matte metallic looks pretty great for inner frames. It's usually what I do.
>>
>>17470806
because it loses its shine
>>
>>17470815
Yeah I did this with my MG Sinanju and totally regretted it. It doesn't look terrible, but heck if I'll ever be able to get it back apart
>>
how do you deal with nubs when you’re retarded? i always leave horrible stress marks i can’t fix, or cut too deep with my knife. before anyone says anything, i’m using mr. nippers
>>
>>17470906
Get sandpaper, wrap around something narrow, and file it down.
>>
>>17470906
Use two cuts. Cut once far away to get off of the runners then cut closer but not too close once off. Cutting too close on the runner causes the piece to move a lot so the gates still attached to the runner elsewhere on the part will stress.

After it's been cut out of runner and another cut to remove excess plastic, now there's a tiny nub left. Place the hobby knife flat against the part then angle it away like you're trying to cut a little pyramid.

The more dull the blade the more force you need and then a small mistake gets like 40lbs of muscle behind it to become a big mistake like a gouge. Use fresh blades when appropriate.
>>
>>17470806
they're retarded and think there's going to be a really shiny chrome on a machine like that. a surface that has to be cleaned and polished that is roughly the size of a house or something. matte metal is kino and closer to realistic
>>
File: Katoki.jpg (18 KB, 269x331)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
GP01Fb Ver. Ka please
>>
>>17471015
pls no those legs can't get any longer!
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (53 KB, 1280x640)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Imagine someone making a 1/144 scale TOS Enterprise, just to scale their HGUC and RG kits next too.
>>
>>17471030
How about a Ver.Ka Ver.Ka
>>
>>17471065
that would be around six feet long, wouldnt it?
>>
>>17471065
What would the federation use mobile suits for anyway.
>>
>>17471072
Definitely
>>
File: trans-1.jpg (386 KB, 1198x925)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>17471087
Probably similar, if not the same purposes as Transformers
>>
File: dx34qcopnwty[1].jpg (443 KB, 2404x1260)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>17469572
>>17469855
>how to kill a community.jpg
>>
>>17471109
I sorta feel this way with comic book culture, I blame capeshit movies.
>>
>>17471128
Hey they got that treatment too. Games definitely got it worse because people are just so accepting of all bullshit in videogames, just keep buying. Now it's normalized that some retard is going to make your game worse to check off a box and detract from things that make the game good, no bugfixes prior to release, and less content than promised.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjvN7iJ4-0 There's confirmation that the MG Re-GZ Custom is pretty much entirely new molding, they even engineered a simple inner frame for it. The kit also includes all the runners for the old Re-GZ MG but uses very little of it and due to changes is not possible to use its parts without modification.
>>
>>17471148
>shilling P-Bandai
Here's a P-Bandai coupon for you, straight from your plastic jew masters.
>>
>>17471148
Thanks man, I was holding out on ordering one since I love Re-GZ Custom but not sure how much reuse would occur.
>>
>>17471015
How do you even ver, ka what was already a Ver Ka?
>>
>>17471148
Why didn't Bandai put this much effort into that new Ex-S, considering it was over double the price and more widely available than the Re-GZ Custom?
>>
>>17471174
Bandai cares more about P-Bandai than the average consumer.
Fuck that Ex-S, Bandai cheaped out on the colors by not adding enough red, using blue clear parts, and adding shitty details on the chest that weren't even on the original.
>>
>>17470361
I'm making a gunpla for the first time, 1/144 HG Bael, and I was wondering if I should do any kind of painting since it's my first time. I have some detailing pens but I wasn't sure if it'd be best to use them or save them until I feel more comfortable assembling. Should I just go for it? I obviously don't wanna have my first gunpla look like its the victim of a parkinsons stabbing.
>>
>>17471196
>buying frame arms lite
you haven't even started and you're already cancer to this hobby
>>
File: 1500376839786.png (119 KB, 392x366)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>17471200
>Hurr this anon is cancer because he's building a kit that I don't like!
Shit like this is why people barely post their own stuff in these threads anymore.

>>17471196
Painting your first kit is usually a tough ordeal if you don't have the right equipment and have no idea what you're doing. For now just focus on the build itself and mastering your nub removal, since the Bael doesn't need too many paint applications asides from the V-fin. . If one of your pens is a fine tip you can use that to practice panel lining. If you eventually do want to venture into painting just read the guide, it's got everything you need and more.
>>
Is it safe to use cement on polycap plastic?
>>
>>17471196
Just build a few for now to get the hang of things, then you can sacrifice one to practice painting in small details and move up gradually to harder things. Get basic plastic nippers, hobby knives and some sandpaper, learn to denub well. Also read the guide in the OP as mentioned already.
>>
>>17471196
>first ever kit
>ibo shit
opinion discarded.
>>
>>17471196
Share some pics man. Ignore the fags, there are some really hardcore "i buy kits to make me feel better but either never build or just snap, and shit talk in the thread" people up in here.

I wouldn't paint your first kit but panel line if you have something that can. Tutorial videos are your friend, and you can always ask questions here.

If you use Discord there are a few gunpla-focused servers, and one of them is literally just for builders helping each other get better and being buds. Just check around publicly listed servers.

Hope you enjoy the kit, careful with that inner frame plastic on IBO kits, it's very much my least favorite plastic on any kit but they're still solid builds that look pretty darned good just snapped well.
>>17471220
Yes but it won't do much of anything if you're using tamiya extra thin.
>>
File: 1550329641640.jpg (55 KB, 499x338)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>17471227
What opinion is he even presenting? He just wants to know whether he should paint his first kit or not. It's not like he's saying the Bael is the best kit ever or anything, it's just his first. If you're gonna shitpost at least make the shitpost coherent.
>>
>>17471239
>Yes but it won't do much of anything if you're using tamiya extra thin.
I don't have tamiya nor do I know if it's too thin, but I was talking more about if it was going to fuck up the plastic type and still do nothing, so thanks anon.
>>
File: 47fh3801jf81utg984.jpg (171 KB, 800x800)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>17471243
>samefag
>defending iboshit
opinion even more discarded.
>>
>>17471248
I use a lot of cement types because so many are different in some minor way. The best advice I can give you is that a few (plastruct products and Mr Cement Deluxe) are strong enough to do integrity damage to polycaps but the rest won't do shit. I'll slather cement (primarily I use limonene to cut out as much fumes as possible) near polycaps with no regard.
>>
>>17471268
>I use a lot of cement types because so many are different in some minor way.
I took a second look at the cement I bought, it's Revell brand that says is good for everything, but particulary good for clear parts. I do need to seam a clear line too, so it's not all lost. I'll just have to try and see.
>>
>>17471273
Ah that weird bottle with the long tooob on it?
I would test it out on some polycap runner just to see. Let it set a minimum of 30 min before you call the test. Also test a bit of it's resilience
>>
>>17471278
>Ah that weird bottle with the long tooob on it?
Nah, that's the needle version, I wanted a common one with a brush.

>I would test it out on some polycap runner just to see. Let it set a minimum of 30 min before you call the test. Also test a bit of it's resilience
Should I try just the cement on the runner or runner on runner? Ah why the hell am I asking, I'm gonna do both anyways. Thanks anon.
>>
>>17471282
That's the mindset man. Good luck, report results. There's no revell stuff where I live but I'd love to add it to the old noggin so I can help people in the future.
>>
>>17471243
please leave ibo-shitter
>>
>>17471296
please leave no-builder
>>
>>17471299
We get it anon, you and your IBOcuck pals love eating shit.
>>
>>17471294
Yeah, I find that weird too, since I don't see a lot of people here talking about Revell, is it not available for most of you here?
Assuming you live in the US, I live in a third world shithole so it's harder to find find japanese brands like Tamiya or Mr Hobby.
>>
>>17471306
I only see water based acrylic Mr Hobby and tamiya/testors. I am in the US, and really Revell isn't sold here but I can buy it online.
>>
>>17471257
>>17471296

kys moron
>>
>>17471344
Have sex
>>
>>17471344
No hobby is special but when appealing to one thing like an ideology is more important than the hobby itself, it's cannibalism.
>>
>>17471361

it's fucking cartoon robots you chode. get over yourself you fucking fedora tipper.
>>
>>17471351
s e e t h i n g
>>
>>17471420
everyone does something that's "just" x
Its important to them and minimizing it so you can push some faggot cuck ideology I mean great you lack compassion in the supposed fight of compassion.
>>
>>17471182
>using blue clear parts
But they should be
>>
Has anyone shipped a MG Sazabi ver. ka from Japan to Europe? If so, how much was the shipping, what shipping method did you use and to what country did you ship? Also, what store did you use? The box is gigantic and Im afraid SAL postal parcel may still be very expensive. I'd be fine with the regular ~5000/6000JPY, but Im thinking it could be more than that due to the size and dimensions of the box.
>>
Is there a comprehensive list of kits that use undergating or do all recent RGs and MGs do it?
>>
>>17471549
No. Undergating isn't perfect either so even a list wouldn't tell you which ones still had visible nubs. A good amount of modern kits above HG cost do have it (including RE/100, most RGs, and a lot of MGs).

It isn't that hard though to look at a kit you like on dalong and see it yourself.
>>
File: 51519d.jpg (1.71 MB, 2564x1836)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
First assembly after painting my base color. Overall I'm pretty pretty happy with the color but less so with how shitty Vallejo's surface strength to light friction between parts is. I've been holding off on switching to lacquers due to the fact that I honestly don't have many painted builds but I should really just suck it up and do it.
>>
>>17471420
>>17471344

Are you the "dudebro" in this post's image?: >>17471109
>>
>>17471109
Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Evolution: The Pictogram
>>
>>17471623
Watched the first episode of the first season with my son yesterday to see if he was interested in it at all. Weird that was brought up when I can go years without hearing someone mention yugioh
>>
File: 1489970744128.jpg (570 KB, 620x3300)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
>>17471109
>>
>>17471109

And that is why you play science instead of fucking card battles on motorcycles.
>>
File: RG vs Revive.png (532 KB, 999x500)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
Which one?
>>
>>17471109
All I see whenever anyone posts this is "NORMIES, REEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>17471645
I've seen this happen to sonic, mgs, videogames, and I guess it'll happen with gunpla too with the online voting for gbwc
>>
>>17471030
>>17471167
I thought it was designed by Shoji Kawamori?
>>
>>17471687
One on the right imo.
>>
>>17471694
You're correct. Kawamori did the GP01/02 while Katoki did the GP03.
>>
>>17471687
will the Revive Destiny be better than the MG?
>>
>>17471628
It's a sign. The heart of the original first season cards are calling to you.
>>
>>17471720
too bad, hunting down the old cards probably costs a fortune because neckbeards need to have muh nostalgia sitting on their shelf collecting dust.

I got a mecha deck for me and a skele deck out of curiosity, would love to get my kid yugi's deck so he can knock me around with exodia while seeing yugi use it in the show.
>>
>>17471691
>online voting for gbwc
They rescinded that because of overwhelming backlash from the community.
>>
>>17471723
>would love to get my kid yugi's deck so he can knock me around with exodia while seeing yugi use it in the show.
You are a good father. Seriously though, can I be your son too?
>>
File: gun ez snapped.jpg (2.45 MB, 3024x4032)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>17471737
I guess but one of my kids is really young so you gotta be a good role model. My younger kids learn, older kids teach.
>>
>>17471691
The online voting is only to decide which like 10 entries get to enter their two most over crowded events. NYCC and anime expo usually get so many entries it cuts into their space for product displays and takes too lonv to judge everything.
>>
>>17471767
They must have changed it from what it was originally then. It was that there were like 5 cons you could go to enter in person, and anyone anywhere else could enter via online polling.

>>17471732
That's good, I wonder how the bluefin employees that were being dickbags on social media about it and talking down to people feel now. Even so far as saying that if a group didn't support it publicly or expressed distaste they wouldn't support the group anymore.
>>
>>17471759
I can teach your son the true meaning of the heart of the cards and how to abuse plot armor and friendship? Does that count?
>>
>>17471759
That's the Victory Gundam's equivalent of a Jegan right?
>>
File: gun ez.jpg (2.4 MB, 3024x4032)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>17471785
Yeah it's a mass produced Victory without the transformation/separation mechanic. You know it's weaker because there's no V Fin.

>>17471780
Absolutely. Other musts:
Must enjoy nerf/laser tag
Must like movie nights on big tv in basement with popcorn
Must like to build and play with gunpla.
Liking Captain Gundam is a plus.
There's a few others but not as important, more about gaining favor amongst the different warring factions.
>>
>>17471774
>Also for Anime Expo and NYCC we will be running a online contest. Entries will be posted online and the general public will vote on which are the best. The top 10 will receive free badges (no flight or hotel and each winner will receive 1 badge) to either Anime Expo or NYCC depending on which you signed up for. The 10 will be displayed at the Bluefin Booth and those 10 will be judged by Bluefin/Bandai.
>For the SD Course entries will be voted for online and the winner over all will receive a prize from Bluefin.

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/gbwc

Forgot that SD will be a separate online only category this year as well.
>>
>>17471785
>>17471795
According to the RE100 manual it was developed alongside the Victory and made from one of the Victory's early/rejected prototype frames.
>>
>>17471795
>Liking Captain Gundam is a plus
jokes on you, I fucking love Captain Gundam. Specially his GP01-fb version.
>>
>>17471803
Thanks man, I love learning tidbits like that.

>>17471821
You would fit in well. What class based shooter class archtype would you play in nerf war? I run a plexiglass riot shield and a revolver or a mega shotgun and a single shot pistol.
My oldest runs a full auto, younger runs a bow and small shotgun, and youngest runs 3 pistols
>>
Does anyone know where I could find a system weapons 001 while in Japan? I haven't been able to find them in the Bic Cameras or seiyu/aeons, are there any good chains like Yellow Submarine that I am overlooking?
>>
>>17471852
>What class based shooter class archtype would you play in nerf war?
Whatever class the cherudim gundam saga falls into. I'm a sniper/wildcard mix. It sucks but that's all I'm good at so...
>>
>>17471732
hilarious in hindsight because online voting gave america similar rules to japan but the burgers threw a fit, what an awful community
>>
>>17471901
The system weapons stuff haven't been in production for years and the builders parts line in general is basically dead. You're probably better off looking at smaller hobby shops or mandarake or something than the big chain stores which probably cleared out of their last ones years ago.
>>
>>17471901
>system weapons
That line is dead, jim. It's paced out, old news, buried 6-feet under. That's never comin' back.
>>
>>17471934
Because if they do that then it just becomes a contest of whichever twitter/youtube builder has the most followers to shill vote for them or whoever has the best bot program. Its turns the entire thing into a popularity contest instead of a modeling contest.
>>
>>17471934
I bet you'd love it if pewdiepiss and politically correct sjwgrumps entered a shitty built kit and won due to coaxing their millions of brainlet viewers to vote huh.
>>
>>17471936
builders parts just got reprinted
>>
>>17471942
to be honest, i never seen a good build from an american, the better ones just copy popular japanese builders
>>
>>17471785
More Jesta.
Jamesguns were the Jegans.
>>
>>17471966
>Jamesguns were the Jegans
What? The Jamesguns were the GMs. The Gun-EZ were the Jegans and the Javelins were the Jestas.
>>
>>17472001
>Gun-EZs are limited production suits thus can't be Jegans
But they're even colored like Jegans... and what does that make the Gun Blastors/Blasters??
>>
>>17472003
Yeah I realized I fucked up.
According to the wiki they were mass produced so you're right
>>
>>17471936
So is it easier to just get it online and save myself the trouble?
>>
>>17472049
You definitely won't find it in big chains, maybe smaller hobby shops that hoard older stuff would have them.
>>
File: 41NM5XO+yUL.jpg (31 KB, 321x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Have any of you guys ever built some kind of franken gunpla out of your leftover parts from all of the kits you completed? Can you post the results?
>>
>>17471687
>virgin RG v. chad REVIVE

Just how? The revive really does look better than the RG, from proportions to sculpt. Even the pommel on the sword looks more defined.
>>
File: D6MbeRQUcAACK6U.jpg large.jpg (274 KB, 1536x2048)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
I'm looking forward to this so much it's not even funny. I hope the line takes off, I'd love to see other models and addons to them so I can kitbash stuff
>>
File: science.jpg (298 KB, 1130x938)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>17471683
>And that is why you play science

oh summer child
>>
>>17472228
The thing's super cheap too. You can get the base kit and the optional parts you want for the price of a higher end HG all together.
>>
>>17472242
>women not ruining civlization since the dawn of time
It's almost empirical by this point
>>
>>17472248
man, I hope to see the other kits they've shown the lineart for at shizuoka, as well as other yet unnanounced stuff both from there and ebikawa's twitter like >>17472228 as well.
>>
File: head.png (1.66 MB, 1291x620)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>17471196
I wasn't going to do any paint at all while I was doing it since it's my first time, but then I got to the head and the stickers just weren't working for me. I'm sure I just fucked up applying them but it looked like ass so I decided to try painting it. I don't think it looks bad at all since it's my first time and I didn't completely fuck it up, but the paint is sorta splotchy. What should I do next time to avoid that? No matter what I think it looks a lot better than the sticker did and I'm having fun making it so whatever.
>>
>>17472315
The left is the paint and the right is the sticker, if that somehow wasn't obvious
>>
>>17472315
Do you have masking tape? Get some of the thinnest possible ones you can from a hobby store if you mean the unevenness at the ends
>>
File: splotchy.png (1.27 MB, 1290x826)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>17472330
I didn't even think to use masking tape on the ends because I'm a dumbass but that isn't what I meant. I more mean the parts here that I have circled in red. They're not as bad now that it's been drying for a little bit but they're still noticable. It looks worse in this picture because it's zoomed in than it does when you're just normally looking at it.
>>
Bout to buy my first kit lads, should I also go ahead and buy some model kit tools as well?
>>
File: 81SxxxT3zyL._SL1500_.jpg (163 KB, 1500x1438)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>17472348
I'm the guy making his first one in this thread and I have no fucking clue how you'd do it without having a tool kit. At a minimum you absolutely need some model cutters/snippers and some kind of sandpaper or nail file block. Without the snippers I don't know how you'd even be able to get the parts off without a huge hassle and fucking all of it up. I got the Tamiya 2 TAM74016 Basic Tool Set on amazon for like $16 and it's worked fine for me. I have some X-acto knives that I've been using to cut off some of the remains but I'm sure you could just use the knife they give you or even a sharp razor blade. Definitely, 100% get snippers though.
>>
>>17472352
Thanks, I think I'll give those a shot. Anyone with other recs I'm open to all suggestions.
>>
>kit requires glue
>>
>>17472333
Thin your paints
>>
>>17472366
Scissors to cut the pieces off of the runners, nail lacquers for painting
>>
File: 91ITgcfGgpL._SL1500_.jpg (264 KB, 959x1500)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>17472387
I have a feeling I just applied too much because I was using these thick gundam markers, they're the only paints I had in the color blue I needed though. So next time I'll probably just have to buy something a little smaller and use a thinner paint, but is there anything else I'm supposed to do besides just paint it? I know some people talk about primer and stuff but I don't really know what that is or how I'd use it. I don't really know anything about painting.
>>
>>17472393
When I use my metallic gundam markers, I take a bottle cap and dump the gundam marker paint into the cap and then just use a very small paint brush to apply the paint. As for the primer and stuff, read the guide.
>>
>>17472393
Primer is what you put on first to 'prime' it for painting. It's basically just white paint or whatever.
You should look into a tutorial on this sort of thing because it'd be a lot more easy to use, I imagine.
>>
>>17472401
>It's basically just white paint or whatever.
>>
>>17472398
>I take a bottle cap and dump the gundam marker paint into the cap
That sounds like it would have been a lot easier than using that thick marker on a small part like this, thank you for the idea.
>>
So, how good is sealmodel and are they the most reliable way to get the paints and thinners nobody wants to ship?
>>
went for orange, came out with gold
whoops
>>
>>
>>17472441
Clear red shading after that dries. Dig the color in any case though.

>>17472442
Any chipping tips?
>>
>>17472424
Brush painting techniques apply whether brush or marker. Smooth single direction strokes, wait for it to dry completely then cross your previous ones, don't go in the same direction. Shake a ton inbetween every use or prepare to have slight shade variations, even shake while using.
>>
>>17472449
Do about half as much chipping as you think you should and walk away for a day to look at it with fresh eyes. Helps to keep from going over board.
>>
File: 20190516_154824.jpg (1.98 MB, 4032x1960)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
Got all lights officially working. Time for base assembly and detailing before I do the final solder on the circuit board itself
>>
>>17472441
How many coats is that? It looks like you went too heavy on one layer.
>>
File: 20190516_154831.jpg (2.32 MB, 4032x1960)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>17472454
Main canon
>>
>>17472449
Yeah, I'll wait for it to dry before acting on it. It looks a nice shade, but not what I was going for.

>>17472456
Three coats of exactly the orange I was wanting. I guess painting it over a titanium gold base wasn't the best idea.
>>
>>17472465
Shoulda base coated yellow if you wanted orange coloration
>>
>>17472465
Yeah, you should have used silver or gunmetal. Also, if you ever notice the "highlighting" like in the other picture, which is the paint pooling away from the edges, you have to stop. That means the paint isn't going on evenly, and can be a bitch to fix with colored clears since the only answer is more layers to hopefully even out the colors, or start over.
>>
>>17472454
>>17472457
Oh so this is what you were working on. Nice.
>>
>>17472453
Hey that's a pretty good idea, thanks.
>>
>>17471558

Yeah vallejo isn't the best choice for articulated kits.

Mr Color > Tamiya >>>>>>>>>> Vallejo in my experience
>>
File: 20190516_121728.jpg (1.77 MB, 1512x2016)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
MG Gundam Stamen complete. It's actually a pretty good kit for its time. Excuse the dump. 1/5
>>
File: 20190516_122448.jpg (1.91 MB, 1512x2016)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>17472519
2/5
>>
File: 20190516_124636.jpg (1.75 MB, 1512x2016)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>17472523
3/5
>>
>>17472479
>>17472482
duly noted, thanks for the tips
>>
File: 20190516_125432.jpg (1.82 MB, 2016x1512)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>17472528
4/5
>>
File: 20190516_130506.jpg (1.85 MB, 1512x2016)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
>>17472531
5/5
>>
>>17472528
god damn
>>
>>17471690
Agreed. Its the saddest shit to know people actually think this way. Like how fucking pointless is your life if this is what you really believe.
>>
>>17471942
You seem like a fun person to be around.
>>
>>17472551
>>17472559
>>17471690
schools out
>>
>>17472442
Really need some detail painting on those funnels and vernier, but looks good. Green Sazabis are always a good choice.
>>
If you're repainting a part white, is it ok just to prime and topcoat it?
>>
>>17472577
People do it but it's very easily identifiable and looks bad. Prime it and put a light coat of white ontop, easy and makes a huge difference.
>>
>>17472564
Reeeee some more, maybe you'll do people around you a favour and fuck your vocal cords.

People who bitch about Vallejo should try Mecha Color. Never had a problem with it even when posing my kits, except for the Leo's terrible excuses for sideskirts gouging into the upper thighs. Topcoat that shit and it's pretty damn sturdy.
>>
>>17472595
the problem with vallejo is that people don't prep the surface well. It's not tough but acrylics aren't really supposed to be. A surface prep (little roughing up, primer, quick rinse and dry, primer) and a topcoat after and it's as good as any other. Mecha color is just prethinned rebottled vallejo. No difference between that and vallejo model air.
>>
>>17471687
>>17472220
The rifles are two different weapons altogether,
>>
>>17472559
More fun than you.
>>
>>17472600
Didn't know that. I was under the impression it was designed around various Bandai coloured plastics (Titan Blue blended in near-perfectly when replacing the dogshit stock hands on a GM Quel recently).
>>
>>17472576
Lmao how the fuck did I not notice the funnels, I never finished those I guess. I'll have to get on that this weekend.
>>
>>17472722
Is there a color the Sazabi doesn't look good in?
>>
>>17472726
computer blue
>>
>>17472442
>>17472722
why is it missing the big horn on the head?
>>
>>17472603
They're the same.The RG just changed the colour of the rifle's body unnecessarily.
>>
>>17472735
It disappeared on me somewhere in the painting process, so I puttied over the hole. Then of course I found it the next day.
>>
File: rifles.jpg (17 KB, 451x127)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>17472739
Nigga you blind.
>>
>>17472739
lol
>>
>>17472519
>>17472533
This looks great, and the paint technique makes it looks straight out of the anime.
Is that a pre-shading technique you used?
>>
>>17472744
Should have snipped off the other horns to give it more of a grunt look.
>>
>>17471558
Damn, that panther looks good.
>>
>>17471558
>That L-Gaim MK II model in the background
Nice. Have you built it yet? I've had it sitting in my backlog for a little while. Seems like a really slick kit.
>>
>>17472500
How is Gaia Notes in comparison to Mr Color?
>>17472816
Thanks. I hadn't given it a flat coat yet I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
>>17472824
that's going to be my next build, I've also had it sitting around for awhile
>>
>>17472786
Thank you! Yes, everything was pre-shaded
>>
How many variations are they going to pump out of Jegans until we get a Perfect Grade?
>>
>>17472519
Seems like you need to work on your masking in a few spots (all the "vents" have messy lines, and the waist has white overspill), but overall nice work!
>>
>>17472878
You're definitely right. The "vents" were in such awkward areas that I didn't even bother to mask and just hand brush. The results were...not great, serviceable hopefully. And yeah, a lot of the masking areas that messed up like the white on the waist and stuff like the grey where the camera is on the leg also spilled over once I realized that the masking tape peeled back, and I really didn't want to reapply the shading to perfectly match. Thank you though!
>>
File: 1558047432865.jpg (49 KB, 471x800)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
>>17472925
No Doga Heavy Weapons Type No Buy!
>>
>>17472925
I know this is for the MG but I really want a Hi-Nu revive with Izubuchi's original proportions, or at least the Ver Ka's.
>>
>>17472925
About time we got the Hi-Nu's big ass gun
>Robot Damashii
Nevermind, into the trash it goes.
>>
>>17471795
You wanna add me back at some point, bourb?
>>
>>17472934
>>17472925
>I know this is for the MG
It's not it's for the Metal robot damashii TOY not for a model kit.
>>
>>17470361
What's the difference between Bandai Hobby and Bandai Spirits? On amazon they sell a lot of the same Gunpla but the spirits ones are always like $10 cheaper. Are they the same thing?
>>
File: dtl_mrs_hingundam_bc_01.jpg (370 KB, 1000x2233)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>JAPAN ONLY ITEM
What are everyone's thoughts on P-Bandai starting to make everything sold in their store permanently Japan Exclusive? That means no ip address or country outside japan can order their exclusives and pretty soon their model kits.
>>
>>17473017
Literally nothing changes.
>>
>>17473017
They don't deliver outside of Japan, so what's the problem? Just buy from a middleman.
>>
>>17473101
>Just buy from a middleman
Oh you mean the middlemen that also order from OUTSIDE japan?
>>
>>17473126
A lot of middlemen order from within Japan though.
>>
File: 30mm 2.png (717 KB, 646x734)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>17472228
I am going to spend so much money on these holy shit
>>
>>17473126
What part of they ONLY deliver to Japan your underdeveloped brain didn't understand? The fact that the middlemen are in Japan is implied.
>>
>>17473130
enjoy your inflated scalper prices and shipping costs.
>>
File: ms-06ms[1].jpg (39 KB, 306x400)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>17473134
Is that thing piloted by a monkey?
>>
File: 1547533185222.png (622 KB, 1000x563)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
>>17473017
>call middleman friend in nipland
>sup nigger, get me the new exclusive MG Hi-nu
>just buy it in mandarake complex it's cheaper
>also list it as "souvenir" so custom won't tax it, corrupt gov can just eat my feces

get fucked morons
>>
>>17473135
>>17473136
>>
>>17473146
>also list it as "souvenir"
how do you list something as "souvenir"? where do you apply this because I've been ordering from middlemen all my life and kinda wanna order something from japan all my own...
>>
>>17473136
>>17473147

How would the shipping costs be any different if p-bandai shipped directly to the west? Also there are a lot of middlemen with sensible prices. If you're getting scalped, reasearch more.
>>
>>17473136
But I don't, and I won't in the future because this doesn't change how I get anything p-bandai, all my middlemen are in Japan and don't rape me on prices.
>>
>>17473146
I actually have a facebook group in my country where one of the admins has a friend living in Japan. This guy actually sends us kits (p-bandai and regular) and only charges a small commission fee. I actually only get p-bandai from him, I can get regular kits cheaper from Banzai/AmiAmi/HobbySearch but a lot of members who maybe don't have an international credit card or can't buy online for some other reason get all of their kits from these guys.

tl;dr: feels good to have a middleman friend in nipland
>>
>>17473168
>a facebook group in my country
name of group and what country?
>>
File: 51708210_p14.png (563 KB, 900x1200)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
Anyone know who this is and if there's a super mini-pla of him? I feel like he's from sentai but I'm not sure...
>>
>>17473182
Mega Winger.
The wing is upside down I think?
>>
>>17473255
>The wing is upside down
nope.
>>
>>17473182
>super mini-pla
worse than trash, do you hate yourself?
>>
>>17472611
The colors are matched to that, but the person acted like you should prefer mecha over vallejo or vallejo air. Color blends aside they are the same paint prethinned and thus have no advantage or disadvantage otherwise. This is of course not including that some colors of any paint thin and hold up to abuse differently to others of the exact same brand/line. Formulation and whatnot.
>>
File: bm190536.jpg (82 KB, 1200x1200)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Lordy
>>
>>17473282
I like that a lot.
>>
File: 61Hh06tzUOL._SX425_.jpg (30 KB, 425x425)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>17473268
>worse than trash
Oh I'm sorry, does any other form of zord besides the Daizyujin and Dragon Zords come in anything other than shitty toys that can't pose for shit or have more articulation than a giant transforming brick from the 90s? The Chogokin doesn't count because there are no astro or delta zords or any of the other zords either. kys retard.
>>
>>17473290
>complains about bricks
>posts shitty plamo bricks
based retard
>>
>>17473302
>retarded mongoloid doesn't know what brick actually means
have you even seen a review of these? or have you always just been a mentally handicapped brainlet?
>>
>>17473306
Every review of a Super Minipla complains about the steep price, creaky joints, and shitty plastic.
Anybody who thinks it's worth spending money on this shit is mentally handicapped.
>>
>>17473315
Not the same guy, and I'm not saying you're wrong either but also all reviewers I've ever seen are fucking morons who can't even tighten joints or apply stickers competently let alone actually build.
>>
hows the 1/100 lupus rex?
>>
>>17473347
>IBO-shit
>couldn't even get color separation for the claws
belongs in the trash
>>
File: bump.gif (1011 KB, 500x375)
1011 KB
1011 KB GIF
>>17473347
I bought it because one of my kids is a big barbie fan, but shortly after buying it I heard it was garbage. Then all the complaints were laid out and it was basically that it was a 1/100 HG with very slightly more complexity and that a joint or two needed tightening.

I haven't heard anything legitimately disconcerning yet but update us if you do man.
>>
File: 1000135442_1.jpg (51 KB, 560x560)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Converge
>>
File: 1000135442_3.jpg (43 KB, 560x560)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>17473363
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000135442/
coming soon to normal scale kit
>>
File: 10588664p.jpg (213 KB, 1200x754)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>17473282
The box art looks great.
>>
File: 10588664k.jpg (339 KB, 977x1200)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>17473282
>Closeaux channelling his inner weeb.

>HEAT Lance
So it's basically like the HEAT Hammer that can be used multiple times.
>>
>>17473315
To be fair most Sentai fans will take creaky joints over no joints any day of the week
>>
File: 1549881526089.jpg (103 KB, 1024x731)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>17473156
not sure myself but he said as long he send it as "souvenirs" the local custom won't inspect it and it won't labeled as "imported product" and won't get taxed.
it also help because i never order in bulk
>>
>>17473324
Wotafas reviews are pretty good

>>17473315
If you complain this much instead of improving the thing like you can with an actual model kit then a snapshitter like you doesn't belong here.
>>
>>17471687
Both are soulless
>>
Building a 1/144 right now, where's the easiest way to track down waterslides domestically? Tired of stickers and I want my stuff to look nicer. Considering trying printing my own.
>>
Since when has IBO become so hated? I last recall everyone losing their collective shit for them.
>>
>>17473567
>looks like a reddit comment
>>
>>17473350
>cheap full mechanics
>wanting piss yellow or pig gold claw parts that would fall off easily
>not paiting them true gold or metallic bumblebee yellow
I think it is you who belongs in the can
>>
>>17473567
I think it's pretty split, but don't forget the power of the internet, especially anonymity combined with a vocal minority. I've been in generals where one dipshit made people think a game was hated by many. He bought the game and turned opinion, then everyone realized when he put a trip on it was just him and he both posted way too much and often was happy to be mistaken for a crowd.

They're ok, good for learning detail painting, but then again so are the Pacific Rim 2 kits. I hate the inner frame plastic and building more than a couple gives build fatigue because that inner frame is identical.

Fine, good for their price point but not a lot of specific praise.
>>
>>17472088
currently working on that
for now it's just the NPD Leo on a Machine Rider with both Physalis Type-MLRS rocket stuck in the side of the backpack
but I plan to stick the RG Anatsu Mina's right arm somewhere to hold the other pedal, glue spare effect beam parts to the exhaust end of the rocket pods, then put the Age Magnum II spare Shiguru Shield somewhere and well shit, I have to use the two spare Zaku II machine guns, perhaps in the front of the bike

it's going to be a mess
alternatively I was thinking of using Ayame's spare body but I have no spare legs and no spare left arm
>>
I like RG kits and the Sazabi and I was wondering if it was worth getting the metallic coating version. Only problem is that it costs over twice as much as the regular RG. Can someone tell me if I'm making a mistake by getting this?
>>
>>17473605
you can learn to paint, and do this yourself? learning how to do a good candy coating is a pretty good skill, so experimenting before you buy the kit and then do it will be rewarding.
>>
>>17473605
Metallic kits are without a doubt a huge mistake to purchase bar none. The only valid excuse is to flip if you have money now because eventually it'll be worth 90+ bucks on Amazon.

Rattlecan'ing metallic onto a kit is not a big deal and can look amazing, some gbwc high placers do so.

But buying a kit for the metallic coating then assembling it after the cost to see the fucking nubs is a heartbreak, don't make the mistake, undergating isn't perfect.
>>
>>17473623
>>17473625
Thank you. My skills are only average so I don't think I could do the metallic kit justice too, I think I'll just get a normal one, extra paint and a new pair of nippers.
>>
>>17473315
>Every review
I've personally built 2 (OG Getter and Dragon Caesar) and they were sound. Pegs are a bit tight, but other than that no real problems.
>>
>>17473580
Fair enough, that makes sense I suppose. Retards will be retards. See >>17473574 for example.
>>
>>17473682
>defending iboshit
>unironically defending an reddit-tier comment
get a load of this retard.
>>
>>17473686
this is a gunpla/plamo thread, no one gives a shit what you think about animes
you should use a trip if you want to talk about anime so you can be filtered
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.44 MB, 3840x2160)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>17473733
>typical retard assuming I was talking about the anime and not the kits
>>
>>17473483
Kirafag pls
>>
>>17471687
>RGs are the definite 1/144 versions they said
>>
>>17473835
Does anyone honestly think like this?
>>
Kitta!

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1129329494752256000
>>
File: 1555609038160.png (42 KB, 549x900)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>go to gunpla store
>so many kits I want to buy
>spent 30 minutes pondering what to buy
>in the end didn't buy anything
everytime, what is wrong with me. I guess the good side is I don't have a backlog.
>>
>>17473835
Aren't some RGs just downscaled PGs?
>>
what would tamiya cement be good for? i bought some to help with a broken piece but now i wonder if a type of glue would be better
>>
>>17471687
With releases like the moon gundam and now this, it really doesn’t seem like hg and rg mean anything anymore
>>
>>17474031
building a tamiya house
>>
>>17474031
Scratch build you own Gunpla.
>>
>>17474031
How broken is broken?
>>
>>17474049
less of a “fix” and more of a replacement
>>
>>17474060
If it's a clean break, Tamiya cement's perfect (protip is to connect the parts with a thin brass rod first to stabilise the new joint, then use the cement to fuse the plastic). If not, you might want to look into replacing it, either with a replacement runner if you have access to a replacement middleman or with option-parts depending on what it is (antennae/fins and hands are very easily replaced like that).
>>
File: late.png (174 KB, 1029x478)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
being a UKfag is suffering.
>>
>>17474107
>High shipping costs
>Sucky post
>If they deem it at all valuable your package essentially gets held for ransom.
>No real official distributor so prices at physical shops are horrendous.
>Few shops with gunpla to begin with.
>The last time they tried to hold a gunpla convention it turned into dashcon 2, electric boogaloo.
>Said con was organized and ran by one of the biggest douchebag gunpla vendors in the country, and like a year later he started a fundraiser to milk his fans for money to keep his store open for the privelage of continuing to shop there.
>Even France and Italy have better gunpla markets and communities than you.

Being a UK gunpla fag really is suffering.
>>
>>17471095
what the fuck is going on with optimus' legs?
>>
>>17473925
I wanna see what that'd look like with a zeta head slapped on
>>
>>17474107
>>17474127
>tfw local comic shop in birmingham has started stocking a variety of gunpla for somewhat reasonable prices
>>
>>17474206
To be appropriate you'd use a GM head
>>
>>17472722
Hey man that looks great.
>>
>>17474127
know my pain
>>
>>17474107
>eurofag AND brexitfag
you brought this upon yourself
>>
>>17474127
>Even France and Italy have better gunpla markets and communities than you.
They have official distributors, so it's bound to be a better market.
>>
>>17473134
me too, man. me too

>>17473282
>>17473379
I just can't get over the lance. I don't really think it suits the falke, but I can't wait to put it on some 30mm not!zaku
>>
>>17474275
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I just bought my first Perfect Grade. The grandaddy himself, RX-78-2. Do any fellow anons have any useful tips, or heads up on what to expect with this build?
>>
File: D6w27PLUEAENNV0.jpg large.jpg (215 KB, 1536x2048)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>17474319
forgot the pic I was going to post. just look at them. I don't think >>17473282 or >>17473379 do justice to how it looks. holy fuck, I need this. plus, I fucking love falke, so win/win.
>>
>>17474335
Those weapons look real stupid for something in FMP.
>>
>>17474335
Those are some ugly lances
>>
>>17474336
yeah, they definitely look out of place in fmp, but I love their design,
>>
File: autistic.jpg (474 KB, 1000x606)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>17471109
This looks like it was made by an autistic NEET who's mad that he lacks the social skills to interact with anyone that isn't in his immediate circle of friends.
>>
>>17473347
It's a good kit. I don't have any real issues with it, given that I paint. The uncolored claws are really the only knock against it if you don't paint.
>>
>>17473643
Candy coating is almost completely retard proof, you just airbrush several layers to achieve the effect. It's not blending or anything, but different base layers.
>>
>>17474212
Which one? There's a forbidden planet near me I'd normally avoid like the plague, but they had some mega size kits in the window, and after checking it out they even had a p-bandai kit with some miscellaneous HGs.
>>
>>17474107
You got a loicence for that there gunpla?
>>
>>17474348
project harder redditor
>>
>>17473000 (checked)
Hobby is the old brand.
Spirits is the new one with a blue logo instead of red.
Couldn't tell you why it's more expensive.
>>
>>17474542
Ooh, hit a nerve did I?
>>
>>17474275
I didn't realise I was voting to leave the Nipopean Union
>>
>>17474476
Not him but Travelling Man in Manchester has a decentish selection
>>
>>17473134
I may get some if their pieces lend well to kitbashes I have planned but generally they look like more of the same Build Fighters crap;
Minimal detail and hollow bits with a focus on cheap, toy-like durability and playability for kids.
Koto's Frame Arms aren't too dissimilar but at least they try to aim them more towards the model building and figure collecting demographic than kids looking for a disposable toy.
>>
>>17474613
feel free to keep saying it reddit
>>
>>17474659
I think I will, manchild.
>>
>>17474127
It was justice when his store went bust though.
>>
>>17473925
What is that suit?
>>
>>17474827
Bawoo.
>>
File: im retarded.gif (2 MB, 240x180)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>17474842
To think a simple color change threw me off that much.
>>
To get the top reward for donating didn't you have to spend like $1,000 with the reward being a store discount that would require you to spend over $1,000 to actually make worth it?
>>
>>17474877
For >>17474776
>>
>>17474877
Probably. He was a bit of a Jew. I do find it interesting not a peep has been heard from him after he was in hospital. Used to sometimes post in his facebook group.
>>
>>17473973
No, really no. Some designs are based on one another but the actual piece to piece engineering is still not the same.
>>
>>17473174
>implying I'm gonna let you raid the group

HUEland though, easy to find if you know what you're looking for
>>
>>17473367
oh so that's what the full armor narrative looks like!
>>
>>17475004
is hayden or what's his name still a bnf? dude thinks he's in charge of everything, hate that bitch.
>>
>>17474335
>How can we make lances effective in battles?
>I know! Let's put an AP round on its tip!
It's so stupid, I love it!
>>
>>17475160
when I first saw it, I thought it was supposed to be like barbatos' mace/pile driver combo since the handle was long enough to slide through it and still have enough left to grab, but I'm not complaining.
>>
>>17471174
It's the same, there's a bunch of old parts on the MG EX-S 1.5 that are marked x from the old kit too
>>
Is this it, frends?
https://www.bluefinbrands.com/premium-bandai.html
>>
>>17475581
>RG Tallgeese
>MG Senlong
What the fuck is wrong with Bandai?
>>
>>17475586
>MG Senlong

That's not normal MG Shenlong (Which is regular release), it's the version that comes with the sword from the GoTL manga.
>>
>>17475586
MG Tallgeese 3 was also p-bandai. Wasnt any chance that the RG would be retail
>>
>>17475624
>was also P-bandai
Was it? I just ordered it off amazon for like 50 dollars? I don't even remember.
>>
>>17475624
Especially after the RG tallgeese box literally suggests buying the old HG Tallgeese III and kitbashing if you want an RG tallgeese II or III.
>>
File: Screenshot_2019-05-18.png (1.19 MB, 1323x698)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>MG Ex-S defenders
>>
>>17475607
Can't tell, does it come with everything normal Senlong does?
>>
>>17475637
Yes, literally just look at the product photos in the link.
>>
>>17475644
I am, I just don't know what Senlong comes with.
>>
>>17475581
It's a start. It's weird they're doing it through their site rather than the existing infrastructure of the international P-Bandai site but whatever. Speaking of which
>[Important Notice] Temporary Closure of Premium Bandai Canada
Cannucks BTFO by Bluefin
>>
File: Dahgi Iris Type N.jpg (526 KB, 2602x1873)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
Still got some cleaning up to do (and there are a lot of things I fucked up on) but I'm pretty impressed with this kit. Feels like bandai just forgot how to make kits for the next few AUs afterward.
>>
>>17475659
I wonder if this means they're going to throw some into their shipments to US hobby shops or if it will be exclusively through the bluefin site.
>>
>>17475664
>Feels like bandai just forgot how to make kits for the next few AUs afterward.

In some ways yeah. The 1/100 hg Gundam X kits were pretty awesome though and are fun to work with if you like the general modifying old kits.
>>
>>17475675
That'd make sense if that was the case, US dealers go through their website too. They do mention there's a limit on the number of reservations for a kit though. I guess it all depends also on how flexible Bandai is willing to be with it - whether Bluefin will receive a fixed number of a particular kit or if they will do waves of reservations like what happens with popular P-Bandai releases.
>>
>>17475659
>>rather than the existing infrastructure of the international P-Bandai site but whatever

The international P-Bandai site charges $33 flat rate shipping for every item because they are EMS airshipping all the items from Japan to a rented warehouse and then shipping out from that warehouse to individual people.

Meanwhile Bluefin is a distributor that bring in tons of containers on the giant boats, so for this they just will load everything into a giant container with the rest of the stuff they import. That's why they're only charging $6 shipping.

>>17475675
It's exclusive to Bluefin's site. Bandai's testing their ability because the current infrastructure isn't working. Remember Bandai bought Bluefin because they were basically already set up to do everything Bandai wanted, they just weren't a Bandai company until now.
>>
Thoughts on Megami Device?
>>
Are these any good? https://newtypehq.com/products/mr-basic-tool-set?variant=8918733914161
>>
So how's the RE/100 Gun-Ez?
>>
>>17475864
You can get tweezers and files elsewhere for less than $2, they are just as good. No idea what paint/ink is in the marker. No idea how the nippers compare to GH and other branded ones.
>>
>>17475875
I've heard it's one of the best in the line, though I haven't built it myself.
>>
File: Capture.png (143 KB, 418x854)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
Bluefin is now directly selling P-Bandai shit. Not sure if it will encompass everything that will be released, but what they have now much cheaper than anywhere else.
>>
>>17470361
Is there any special tools I need? I've just been using an exacto knife and sand paper
>>
>>17476199
You have to be a dealer to buy from them dont you?
>>
>>17476213
nah, i just bought a tallgeese
>>
>>17476214
How do you make an account?
>>
>>17474480
>You got a license to shitpost M8.
>>
>>17476199
I hope they don't only do Wing.
Also some stuff before these guys would be nice, like the Escort Type Jegan.
>>
>>17476214
also got one, based
>>
>>17476199
>Shitty checkout won't load
>>
>>17476307
So I just figured it out. Having an adblocker on kills their shopping cart. What the fuck.
>>
>>17476310
What are you using? I have ublock origin and mine loads fine.
>>
>>17476342
I'm using ublock origin as well. Immediately the shopping cart successfully loaded once I turned it off.
>>
File: D6s5fAqV4AALas6.jpg (133 KB, 794x1200)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>17475787
Good kits. The body construction is meant to be universal so half the build for each kit is basically the same.The newer releases have stronger ABS joints than the first releases but it's still possible break in two places (joint in the chest, connector for the legs at the crotch) if you ham-hand them. There's a lot of high quality Nip customs out there like pic related.
>>
File: D60j5V7UYAE5Y7g.jpg (123 KB, 640x853)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Save your gunpla before saving lives.
>>
>>17476472
This man knows his priorities
>>
is the ninja jet legit? it’s the cheapest compressor i can buy locally.
>>
Is Shenlong the most aesthetic wing gundam?
>>
>>17476529
sandrock ew is better
>>
>>17476563
>>17476529
Heavyarms ew with his helicopter pack is best.
>>
>>17476529

For me it's the TV Deathscythe Hell, but I'm more than certain I'm in the minority.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhjcOGQ1izo
>>
File: IMG_20190518_170121.jpg (3.44 MB, 4608x3456)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
I know it's not gunpla, but I've got the usual gunpla tools glue sandpaper etc, how you would start to repair a joint like this?
>>
>>17476909
You could pin the two pegs back together with a metal wire. Though you might not have that stuff available.
>>
>>17476938
that sounds like a good possibility, do you have a video or image tutorial of some sort?
>>
File: 20190518_184900_001.jpg (3 MB, 4032x1960)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
Ship is 100% wired now. Time to finish assembly and detailing/weathering
>>
>>17476909
What figure is that?
>>
>>17477135
solidus snake play arts kai
>>
What’s the cheapest mirror finish chrome paint I can get that isn’t shit?
>>
File: api29ahb.gif (2.64 MB, 393x393)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB GIF
>>17476888
she cute and seems like a genuine modeler unlike camwhore_meli but I can't understand shit so she doesn't garner my interest for more than a few seconds since I can pretty much find better reviews elsewhere like HnT/Schizo9/Dalong... which is a shame.

If only she had subtitles...
>>
File: 1408922380056.jpg (879 KB, 816x4993)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
>>17476973
>>
>>17476214
How do you make an account? All it's telling me is to sign in with a preexisting account or fill out a form if a dealer.
>>
>>17477263
Knew it was metal gear, thought it was a FROG at first because of the P90 but unfortunately there's not a figure of the frogs.
>>
>>17477512
Alclad
Though chrome powders are a better finish, if infinitely more toxic
>>
>>17477673
thank you friend
>>
What would be a good color for the cameras for this color scheme? I can't make up my mind.
>>
>>17477879
that sword handle looks like shit
Kidding, I'd think a green would look good.
>>
>>17477879
yeah I second green, or like a blue-green

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.