[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: D5uNSDnUIAUjrm6.jpg (170 KB, 1177x1200)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>I got your Deculture right here!
>>
>>17455063
someone has a small dick.
>>
>>17455070
>Big dick goes in unprepared and gets massacred
>Little dick goes in and performs an itano circus
>Hurr Durr someone has a little dick
Oh yeah? Where's the guy who doesn't?
>REEEEEEEE STOP IMPLYING A BIG DICK ISN'T ENOUGH TO FIGHT THE ZENTRAEDI
Bitch please, their microdicks are the size of your garage. How can yours even compare?
>SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
And then little dick man saved the day using missiles instead of just pretending his dick would shield him from bullets and lasers. Such is life in Macross.
>>
File: EVERYTHING.jpg (832 KB, 2713x2400)
832 KB
832 KB JPG
>>17455063
It's so stupid, I love it!
>>
Missles are stupid
>>
>>17455063
I miss the times when VFs didn't look like a mess.
>>
>>17455189
Armored packs have always looked like a mess. The original GBP and the VF-11 Armored couldn’t even transform
>>
File: 70236360_p0.png (88 KB, 500x340)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>17455189
>bitching about more GUNS and MISSILES
>>
File: 40879_p0.jpg (91 KB, 703x1200)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>17455193
The VF-1S/A looked fine. The extra armor complimented the already block design quite well. It wasn't until CG was introduced in Zero that they started looking like a clusterfuck in Frontier and Delta.
>>
File: cyougoukin_armored2011.jpg (310 KB, 850x895)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>17455243
He said Armored Packs, not Super packs like in your picture.
>>
>>17455243
That is not Armored/GBP you retard
>>
File: vf-1j-gbp.gif (166 KB, 638x900)
166 KB
166 KB GIF
>>17455366
What I said still applies. Blocky armor parts fit naturally on a blocky design. Later VFs like 25 and 31 try to have sleek armor parts on a sleek design and it just doesn't work. It feels like too much. Too much guns too much missiles.
>>
>>17455408
>blocky armor on blocky design works
>sleek armor on sleek design doesn't
The hell kinda logic is that?
>>
File: 14742680642794.png (42 KB, 500x300)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>17455436
I have it in good authority that it just doesn't.
>>
>>17455063
no offense but at this point why even bother with the plane design? its so fat that it cant possibly be an effective agile fighter. its a robo/mecha at this point. its basically a gundam. The whole point of the VF series is that at it's core it supposed to be an agile fighter that can transform. keyword: agile. Yes there are attachments but they never go overboard and hinder the fighter's agility . this is just too much. how exactly do they justify in the show? Is this another "oh it's overtechnology. the thrusters are way more powerful and stuff". so what is it now? over-over-technology? keep to the spirit of macross please. no gundam nonsense thank you.
>>
>>17455436
I think what the other anon is saying is that the appeal is in the CONTRAST between sleek innerframe and blocky armor and attachments. Like a Ferrari with blocky armor plates bolted on. Like damn that's an interesting look.

Also..... All the attachments are supposed to be disposable and can be purged. So the government, or designer of the parts would make it cheap and disposable. Sleek implies expensive. Blocky, black, or grey pieces implies cheap. The moment you make sleek looking attachments, not only does it ruin the interesting contrast appeal, but it also breaks the logic of the show. I mean look at the OP picture. here >>17455063

These attachments are color coordinated. Who does that? Your telling me there was some poor factory worker that had to put in extra work shifts to paint the individual missile pod door orange (instead of the regular grey/black) just for a piece that is going to get purged in the middle of combat once the pilot runs out of missiles? Why bother. It doesn't make sense.
>>
File: EJECT!.gif (254 KB, 1000x744)
254 KB
254 KB GIF
>>17455562
This is probably bait but I'll bite real quick. I don't have the numbers but yeah the armor probably does lower the VF-31s mobility a fair bit but it's not meant for all the time use. It has two main roles, point defense and interdiction. Like the GBP it's based on the armor is mostly used to get the most amount of ordinance on the battlefield quick and then drop the armor so the agile VF-31 underneath can mop up the rest.
>>
>>17455063
I am not a fan of those sleek looking missile pods where they try to match the style of the plane. It just looks like "tumors" growing on the plane's body. They should bring back the boxy military style attachments where you can tell they are attachments with just a glance. I don't like when they try to match the planes style.
>>
>>17455708
Do they bother trying to recover purged parts after a battle? Or is everything considered disposable or one-time use?
>>
>>17455735
Find out on the next episode of Macross Side Story: The Poor Logistics Team!
>>
>>17455562
Armored packs are mission-specific equipments that got used once or twitce. Normally you want to use FAST/Super packs.
>The whole point of the VF series is that at it's core it supposed to be an agile fighter that can transform. keyword: agile
>but they never go overboard and hinder the fighter's agility
The original GBP literally just straight up lock you into battroid. Newer Armored packs at least let you fucking transform.
>>
>>17455587

> implying an individual paints a mass produced mechanical vehicle part even in this day and age, never mind in a future with heavy automation like Macross

Of course an individual doesn't paint it; a line of doors goes down a conveyor belt and is painted by a machine. After which it can probably be passed under some lamps or something to quick dry the coat of paint. It would add almost no time or expense to the actual manufacture.

>>17455735

The UNS/NUNS use giant automated factory satellites, which are big enough to swallow even gigantic asteroids without issue, so I would assume they just manufacture them with the intent of one time use honestly. Labor is essentially free with Zentradi satellite factories, and material so abundant, why not after all?
>>
>>17455587
>These attachments are color coordinated. Who does that?
They might have active camo, so they could just change colors at will.
>>
File: D5uNR0dUwAABILQ.jpg (131 KB, 1200x787)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>17455562
It can still transform and they justify it in the show by being heavily armed and armored. The point of the Armored packs is for defense and heavy bombardment. If you want more speed/agility you use the Super packs. Armored packs is for more offensive and defensive power when you need to defend a target. I don't think you've watched any Macross if you don't understand that.
>>
>>17455063
needs more missile pods
>>
>>17457760

I love it. Reminds me of the Stampede Valkyrie or something out of a SHMUP.
>>
File: ep27-orgussvalkyrie.jpg (228 KB, 1440x1080)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Best armour pack coming through!
>>
>>17455838
You joke but I would watch that as a short OVA.
>>
File: D5uNRZDUEAAcTjw.jpg (173 KB, 1200x1190)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>17457769
>>
>>17455562
Obviously never watched a Macross show.
>>
>>17455562
Retard
>>
DERE AIN NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA. ENUFF'Z MORE THAN YA GOT AND LESS THAN TOO MUCH, AND DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS TOO MUCH DAKKA.
>>
>>17455562
VFs literally maneuver by thrust vectoring.

It doesn't fucking matter that their aerodynamics is awful, because they got a thrust-weight ratio of like 40 and can brute force their way into making the brickiest of bricks fly.

>>17455587
>These attachments are color coordinated.
>poor factory worker
Active camo systems exist. See pic related.

Also, Macross has massive fully automated manufacturing plants with basically shit tons of materials since you know, space. They probably shit out missile launchers of every color because they can do so.
Even the colony fleets have manufacturing plants that are so efficient that the Frontier could literally retool all their manufacturing plants to build missiles and guns that run off MDE technology while they are in the middle of a war with the Vajra.
>>
File: tect_vf11parts1.jpg (148 KB, 673x1017)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Bumping to post the most unfairly unloved armoured Valk
Also honourable mention to VF-0S's reactive armour, missile pods are cool too
>>
>>17457772
>something out of a SHMUP.
That's my problem with armor packs in Frontier and Delta: they turn the valkyrie into a mass of thrusters and guns pointing in opposite directions and the shape of the plane is lost in the mess. Super/Fast packs are the perfect balance between sexyness and firepower.
>>
File: vf-1j-armoredgerwalk.gif (149 KB, 888x1000)
149 KB
149 KB GIF
>>17458793
Huh thats not the full armor VF-1 Gerwalk
>>
>>17459172
Because it's an ARMORED pack. It's not supposed to be sleek and elegant. It's a flying tank. That's why we have Super packs for sex.
>>
>>17458793
best armored valk in the best 7 episode piloted by the best boy
>>
>>17459172
Well they only use these packs in space, which makes sense
>>
>>17459172
Do faggots like you even actually watch the shows? Delta didn’t even have Armored packs in the TV series and they only used it in the movie for 3 minutes at most
>>
>>17459172
>turn the valkyrie into a mass of thrusters and guns pointing in opposite directions and the shape of the plane is lost in the mess
Because VFs with Armored Packs are flying tanks with shitloads of firepower. The armor packs are where they go "strap on as much guns and missile launchers and armor plates as you can, we need a fucking flying tank"
>>
>>17458027
Not macross, but gundam has a manga about that.
https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-58755
>>
File: Screenshot 186.jpg (30 KB, 150x266)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>17457760
Why do hatches with an extra corner shave turn me on?
>>
How do I get into macross
>>
>>17460618
Watch it
>>
>>17459172
I have to give the show writer huge props for making sure that in areas with gravity, armored packs really cannot fly and have to stay in gerwalk/battroid mode most of the time unlike in space.

So yes. Armored packs DO make the VFs too heavy to be an effective fighter jet, but they make excellent point defense/assault units
>>
>people still don't realize that fighter jet form is only useful under gravity on planets
>there's literally no downside to slapping more thrusters and weapons on them in space
If anything being in plane form in space is actually the worst mode you could be in.
>>
>>17460618
SDF, the first show is nice if you can handle old animation. If you're lazy to watch 38 episodes you can just watch the DYRL movie

Macross 7 is a bit hit or miss for being extremely different. The show has less enjoyable dogfights and turns the focus to the space music magic a lot. 50-ish episodes, no compilation movie, and a LOT of stock footage for the first few episodes. Personally not a fan but it has a lot of other anons seem to like it

Macross Plus is a nice OVA/movie (I prefer the movie ver.) I recommend it

Macross Zero is another OVA and is a prequel set before the first show. Planes are CG but the dogfights in the later episodes are fun to watch. Story is so so I guess

Macross Frontier. BEST FINAL EPISODE EVER. My favorite. There's also the movie version (split into 2 movies) with quite a different story. Recommend to watch both but in hindsight the characters aren't that great IMO

Macross Delta. Enjoyable characters (except the antagonists) and great for the first half. Second half kinda felt pretty underwhelming. They focused and wanked on the enemy squad too much. They expect us to like them despite their shitty personalities and blatant war crimes, just because they're pretty boys? Fuck that
>>
>>17460618

First you better present an answer why you want to get into macross.
>>
>>17460940
>Oh, you want to get into our secret exclusive Macross fan club?

Fuck your gatekeeping. Macross fags think so highly of themselves
>>
>>17460942

Please keep your defensive overreactions to yourself. This answer is critical because Macross franchise is diverse; the basic formula of transforming planes plus idols is implemented differently each time so the question of what anon likes to see is really critical for them to get a useful answer instead of people just tossing in stuff people like.

I mean, come on, people like Macross though I see it mostly as a huge waste of time with good OSTs sprinkled here and there.
>>
>>17460942
If you're not going to put even the slightest bit of effort into researching something you're supposedly interested in, you really shouldn't bother.
Seasonal anime on Funimation's app is probably more your speed.
>>
>>17460940
Is there any other answer for /m/ shows besides cool mechs?
>>
>>17460953

The question deals with a deeper level than that though. Note the supposedly interested part: why does anon want to put their attention resources into Macross of all things? Are they really interested in this or are they attempting to escape the reality they perceive, or to understand some aspect of human culture (like, you know, some Macross antagonists do), or to entertain themselves with animated idol fanservice? Or, you know, since binary logic is not everything we got, what we treat as anon's interest is a split between those?
>>
>>17460618
Find the plane you think looks sexiest and watch her her show.
>>
>>17460949
Stop pretending like your dismissive question has a deep meaning for someone else's enjoyment. Its a fucking mech show. Anon is asking about it on /m/, in a Macross thread.

You expect him to say
>"Oh I like Love triangles and Idols"?
or maybe
>"Oh, I love the deep message of culture shock and how overcoming it can bridge two alien beings"?

so pretentious
>>
>>17460968
Or he could embark on a journey of discovery and self-improvement by googling it.
>>
>>17460968
Ah yes, these questions are critical for everyone's enjoyment of the oh so diverse and deep franchise that is Macross. Surely you must have a detailed answer ready beforehand if you would like to try watching it
>>
>>17460618
>>17460942
JUST FUCKING GOOGLE IT.
>>
>>17460987

Is it really dismissive though? Imagine this: a person comes into a bookstore and asks a clerk for a sci-fi book. "Ah, you like sci-fi. You know, there's Edmond Hamilton, classy, classic stuff". A person gets this book and sees, well, that it's oldscool braindead stuff and this person wants to have a book with some real, you know, science behind it, or screw it, maybe something more mindblowing, PKD-like stuff. So a person comes into the store again and asks the clerk: "Do you have, you know, something more mindblowing? I mean, in a modern way?" And the clerk answers: "Sure, we have William Burroughs' books, mindblowing all right", and then the person discovers orgies, drugs and all this stuff doesn't sit well with the person. So, isn't it better to be able to formulate your wishes more precisely beforehand?

Would a person enjoy that short answer though if a person, for example, was very lonely and came into a store in hopes of chatting of with someone? Like I'm basically building my writing and argumentation skill by writing this post, the communication part is just extra.
>>
>>17461016
He literally just said >How do I get into macross
>>
>>17460953
>>17460988
>>17461009
You know, I wrote "Macross fag think so highly of themselves" as a joke, but damn it scares me how you somehow prove me right.

Its pretty normal for someone to ask a community on what to watch when a franchise has quite a number of shows released. We even have a fucking recommendation table posted and updated (rarely, but still)

And here you are acting like asking a question is a cardinal sin. Even this >>17460622 is more helpful than you "uuuh just google it" cunts.
>>
>>17461009
>anon googles
>finds answer in plebbit
>hey guys I heard its recommended to watch in this order. What do you think?
>"lol go back to plebbit newfag hurhur"
>>
>>17461016
Or you could just do it like this >>17460913
No need to waste too many effort trying to act like anime recommendation is such a deep sophisticated art

Again, what kind of answer do you expect to get, if anon only knows one thing about Macross (It has planes that transforms into robot, and he want to watch it)?
>>
The answer is always production order.
For anything.
>>
File: 1539928854747.png (217 KB, 1375x1279)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>17461025
all me btw :^)
>>
File: ByxM2Ir.jpg (350 KB, 1115x1024)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>17460618
>>
File: post-212-1241661329.jpg (463 KB, 500x764)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>
>>17460615
because you're a sick fuck that touches himself to pictures of lolis.
>>
>>17459781
>full armor
>thighs and biceps are exposed
meichinchin kawadouchebag III & the champ would roast that thing in seconds
>>
>>17463818
The hell are you talking about?
>>
>>17458030
All this advanced armor but the fighters don't have energy shields already. Why is macross so low-tech?
>>
>>17466312

They do have energy shields, and have had since at least Plus.
>>
>>17466312
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>17466358
>VF in frontier has PPB active all around the plane, tanks Vajra anti ship shots
>VF in Delta has PPB only on the forearms, pilot dies to a single shot from an enemy's vulcan

Why do Siegfrieds suck?

Although to be fair, IIRC the ones in Frontier needed an Armored Pack to have the all around PPB
>>
>>17466739
Don't the drones the VF-31s fire out create little PPBs?
>>
>>17466757
Yeah, but man, that was another missed opportunity.

VF-31 using drones to aid it in battle would have made the Siegfrieds a unique and interesting VF, but it was very underused by the writers
>>
>>17466739
The PPB in Frontier didn't cover 'all around'. It was just the front.
>>
>>17467016
There was a scene (IIRC in the first movie) where an armored VF-25 had a PPB shell forming a ball around it. I saw ithe screenshot posted in /m/ before but didn't save it
>>
>>17466739
>Why do Siegfrieds suck?
They're budget VF's built for poorer colonies, and the VF-31's used by Walkure are specialized aerial display and vars suppression units, which means they aren't as hardened as proper military VFs.
>>
>>17467081
At least its weapon loadout is decent (beam cannon, arm mounted gunpods, internal bay missiles) compared to a VF-25 (only gunpod, external missiles).

While YF-29 probably can shit on both it is a one time super prototype

How good do you think the YF-30 Chronos is?
>>
File: Macross Bubble Shielding.png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>17467016
>>17467035

Quickly scanning the first Frontier movie, there's this; which certainly looks like a bubble shield. It's only a half a second shot though, and even a short while later (as in, maybe 30 seconds later), Alto gets hit from behind by a single enemy bullet that fucks up his VF without hitting any kind of shielding. There's no other instance of it in the film that I could see either, though like I said, I only gave a quick scan of the majority of the film (I did watch the full final battle). As such, I'd be totally willing to believe between the brevity of the scene and uniqueness, that it was just a mistaken inclusion by an animator who didn't realize that kind of tech shouldn't be there. As an alternate explanation, Alto is using a tornado pack on his VF-25, so it's possible that kind of shielding is only usable on something like the tornado pack that would cost more and pack more experimental systems on to the standard unit.

I might take a proper look at the films later, or just scan the second to see if there's more instances like it.
>>
>>17467365
There was this instance as well
>>
>>17468406
nvm, same as >>17467016
>>
>>17467365
Whoa you actually scanned a whole movie in response to what I said. Thats awesome anon

But yeah, its probably not as fully protective as I remembered, but still way more impressive defenses than Siegfried's. The forearm shields are so small
>>
>>17468618

I did it mostly because I was curious about it myself, since I was pretty sure I'd seen a screencap similar to that myself at some point before but it didn't really make too much sense with the general portrayal of VF scale pin point barrier tech in Frontier so I wanted to double check. Scanning a whole movie isn't all that intensive either, since it's mostly just flicking the timer forward by a few minutes every couple of seconds until there's a fight and then paying a bit closer attention to that and only skipping in 10 second bursts or whatever, outside bits where a VF is likely to use a barrier. It only took a few minutes total, even watching most of the final fight at regular speed because it's just a fun fight.
>>
>The only options for Durandal toys are a very expensive Chogokin, or a cheap stickerfest 1/100 kit

I was happy when Tomytec launched the Macross GIMIX line, but it stopped after VF-1 and VF-31. Why is this world so cruel?
>>
>>17466739
Siegfrieds are the less expensive cousin of the VF-25.

The base VF-25 sucks, but it is built from the ground up to run all sorts of packs as needed by the situation, its the one you want when you can support the massive logistics chain needed to keep them in use(ie: self sufficient and rich colonies like Frontier).
Worth noting that the VF-25 matches the VF-27 in performance and was the machine used to test shit that would go into the YF-29(in the form of the tornado pack), with the YF-29's stuff going to the YF-30 which then led to the VF-31.
>>
>>17467035
>>17467365
My take on this is: A Tornado Pack equipped VF-25 might be able to deploy a larger barrier compared to a vanilla VF-31.

However, the shields are probably manually activated and had a cooldown period so to speak, so if the pilot didn't react in time they can still get damaged. This might explain how Alto can still get hit from the back, and Messer getting hit by a sudden close up shot
>>
>>17468724
The packs do have extra engines and such, I wouldn't be surprised if the PPB deployed by a VF equipped with a pack is stronger.
>>
>>17466739
Base Messiah without the packs do not even have Pinpoint Barriers right?

As >>17467124 mentioned, Siegfrieds have pretty comprehensive equipment for a supposed mass produced cheap unit, with an acceptable performance to boot
>>
>>17468724
>>17468732
The tornado and armor pack both feature large beam weapons, their capacitors provide the extra surge energy for bigger barriers
>>
>>17468740
All VFs after the YF-19/21 have PPB

Its just much more preferable to dodge than to rely on the PPB because not getting hit in the first place means you don't have to risk the PPB overloading.
>>
>>17468740
>Base Messiah without the packs do not even have Pinpoint Barriers right?
Technically they still have pinpoint daggers.
>>
>>17468784

They have pin point barriers too; every VF after the YF-19/YF-21 does, as another anon pointed out.
>>
>>17468784
Man, I really can't remember a moment where a VF25 used a barrier without a pack..

The part in the plane's ass becomes a shield in battroid mode, right? Maybe the barrier is projected on it?
>>
>>17468881
Whoops, meant to quote >>17468872
>>
File: Rb-79m-front.jpg (213 KB, 800x526)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>17455127
you don't appreciate being hung until you're naked with smaller dick dudes in a locker or some other borderline-faggy shit.

.t low iq but big dick donkey boy who watches mecha
>>
>>17455172
He can't keep getting away with it!
>>
File: basara leaf.webm (998 KB, 1440x1080)
998 KB
998 KB WEBM
http://www.decultureshock.com/nhks-ultimate-macross-poll/
>Thinking back over things like that it’s… hmm, I’m not sure how much I can say about the new project… *laughter*… Actually, I’d be really interested in doing a sequel to Macross 7. I even have a concept in mind.
>>
File: Hey Buddy.....jpg (23 KB, 576x432)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>17468896
>>
File: UMP2019_66.jpg (246 KB, 1529x869)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>17469057
>That fucking shirt
He's so based
>>
>>17469057
>Macross was the top trend on JP Twitter during the broadcast
where's all the fags saying Macross is dying and unpopular now
>>
>>17469057
>a sequel to Macross 7
That's Dynamite 7. Has Kawamori gone full senile?
>>
>>17469117

No, he just doesn't consider it a sequel. I wouldn't count an OVA as a sequel either personally. It's a side story really.
>>
>>17469117
That's just an OVA anon
>>
>>17469117
Presumably he's talking about an actual TV show sequel.
>>
>>17469125
A full on sequel wouldn't work today I think. Mylene is retired got replaced with the Haruhi bicycle. And have you heard Fukuyama sing recently? He can't. Probably can't do the Holy Lonely Night intro with his throat blowing up.
>>
>>17469146
Basara is gonna be older anyway. Could always have him sing less intense songs.
>>
>>17469146
>>17469153
Or he could just be like a mentor character.
>>
>>17469153
>>17469146
How was his singing in the 2059 album? Less intense?
>>
>>17469190
Noticably less intense

Burning Fire was not as intense as Holy Lonely Light but the level of intensity is perfect for the song.
>>
>>17469146
He could just make it a novel, like The Ride.
>>
>>17469057
Seeing all those comments about Macross from both old and new fans makes me happy.
>>
>>17469057
All those comments are very nice to read.

>that one lady's comment gushing over the Koenig Monster
>>
>>17455063
whats with all the outdated missiles everywhere? macross is set hundreds of years in the future but they still use old missiles? where are the beam weapons? where are the weapons of mass destruction? missiles are laughable. might as well be throwing rocks.
>>
>>17469442
We'll never evolve to a point where explosions aren't both cool and deadly
>>
>>17469442
>where are the beam weapons?
Macross cannons, beam gunpods.
>where are the weapons of mass destruction?
Reaction warheads, planet eaters.
>missiles are laughable.
YOU are laughable. If I had missiles, I wouldn't share them with you.
>>
File: UMP2019_39.jpg (14 KB, 300x164)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>17469057
How do I date a guy like this?
>>
File: missiles.jpg (157 KB, 640x480)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>17469462
>If I had missiles, I wouldn't share them with you.
Don't want 'em
>>
>>17468881

I honestly couldn't tell you whether it ever happens or not in the show; just that every single page I've seen talking about even the base VF-25 lists it as having a pin-point barrier system. Which makes sense really, since the VF scale pin-point barrier system is one of the innovations of project supernova; so anything that comes after it would presumably use that next generation system. Just like most of the other innovations of project supernova (motion controls, active stealth, shield etc).
>>
>>17460618
I just youtube the fights. The story is always retarded as fuck. Even Robotech is less cringe.
>>
>>17469657
AND WE AT ROBOTECHX.COM ALL LAUGHING
>>
File: koenig monster.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>17469350
Of course everyone loves the Koenig Monster
>>
>>17469462
>Macross cannons,
irrelevant. it's not on a fighter

>beam gunpods.
not the main armament. should be standard. not some secondary afterthought that attaches

>Reaction warheads, planet eaters.
since none of these are standard on a fighter they don't matter in your arguement.

>YOU are laughable. If I had missiles, I wouldn't share them with you.
I wouldn't want your caveman weapons anyway. We have ships that can fold and travel across entire galaxies but the fighters still use bullets and old missiles. shameful.
>>
>>17470369
>not on a fighter
VF-27's gunpod has a beam grenade mode that runs off the same tech as the Quarter's Macross cannon.

>beam gunpod
VF-27, YF-29, YF-30, VF-31.
Flying lead is still very effective so there isn't much point to switching beam weapons entirely.

>reaction warhead and dimension eater
They can be mounted on a VF nonetheless. Just not used widely because you can kill most things with normal weapons and those are more strategic weapons than anything.
>>
>>17470369
>but the fighters still use bullets and old missiles.
they're enhanced with OTM wizardry, so they're nowhere close to normal bullets and missiles.
>>
>>17470399
>VF-27, YF-29, YF-30, VF-31.
And the Drakken.
>>
>>17470399

> VF-27's gunpod has a beam grenade mode that runs off the same tech as the Quarter's Macross cannon.

The YF-29 has a heavy quantum beam gunpod as well.

> beam gunpods: VF-27, YF-29, YF-30, VF-31.

The VF-4 used a beam gunpod too, and a couple of other VFs used in-built beam weapons as their main weapon with optional gunpods as a secondary main, like the VF-14.

> They can be mounted on a VF nonetheless.

Reaction bullets and warheads are standard in Macross, and while reaction meant "nuclear" in SDF, it changed to meant "anti-matter" in 7. There are other types of bullets and warheads obviously, but reaction ones are pretty commonly fitted, and Ozma threatens to shoot Alto with his reaction bullets if Ranka comes to any harm while he's escorting her in episode two of Frontier. Dimension eater and VF-scale heavy quantum weaponry is the newest form of overpowered weaponry, but it's not the only one.
>>
>>17470417
>heavy quantum beam gunpod
Why does reading that phrase make my pants moist?

>reaction bullets
Each round is small scale nuclear capable or is it just technobabble?

Did they adopt MDE tech into regular VF weaponry? And is it just in Frontier fleet because of Vajra?
>>
Funny thing is that the Frontier fleet is probably the most powerful conventional fleet in the Macross Universe other than the fleet that protects Earth. They end up taking over the Vajra home planet and probably have access to almost unlimited amounts of ultra high purity fold quarts with which to make mass produced YF-29s.
>>
>>17470841
They stopped using it after the Vajra conflict.
Its pretty much outlawed after the war.
>>
>>17470993
Dang, they should have used it on windbag planet
>>
>>17471289
They did.
>>
>>17471289
Using it on their planet is precisely why the windies are pissed at humans.

Dimension Eater tech is crazy awful shit that was only developed because the Vajra was that much of a threat. With the Vajra gone they don't need it.
>>
Keith singlehandedly destroying a whole fleet by himself is the biggest bullshit point in Delta.

Really hate how they wank off the Windies too much. But I guess it somewhat worked. Bogue, the toxic twat, has a lot of female fans including Freyja's VA which is surprising for me
>>
>>17471589
Bogue is liked as a gag, not because they wanked him as strong or sympathetic like the wind zeeks.
Some people just find his onore walkure antic funny.
>>
File: frigate sink.webm (2.62 MB, 800x600)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB WEBM
>>17471589
>>
>>17470841

> Each round is small scale nuclear capable or is it just technobabble?

It's probably just technobabble to make the bullets sound more impressive, but that's the majority of VF weaponry really. A reaction warhead really doesn't come off as all that impressive the vast majority of the time either, for instance. Even MDE missiles are mostly just explosions that now kill the Vajra instead of just giving them a light tan, with no real difference in size or intensity. The dimension eater bomb is certainly more than that, since you can see it do something a regular bomb prior to that point would never have been capable of in Macross, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

> Did they adopt MDE tech into regular VF weaponry?

The VF-171EX was designed to allow retrofitting of anti-Vajra weaponry (including MDE missiles) on a mass scale. There probably are MDE bullets and missiles, but full on dimension eater bombs and heavy quantum gunpods are overkill for the most part, so they were never mass produced.

> And is it just in Frontier fleet because of Vajra?

I know other fleets besides Frontier were fighting the Vajra, and that the Galaxy fleet designed the YF-27/VF-27 with anti-Vajra weapons of their own too, but I don't know if most other fleets were ever involved long enough to do so.
>>
>>17471784
Galaxy Fleet does that probably because they have plans that involve assimilating the Vajra
>>
>>17471619
They really should have just made the Windies complete assholes instead of adding the whole "MUH WIND" thing
>>
File: 1461510019772.webm (1.65 MB, 800x450)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB WEBM
>>17471619
I love Draken
>>
>>17472142
This scene never gets old
They did a good job hiding the battroid mode back then too, made it even cooler.
>>
>>17455063
what is with this unaerodynamic box design? its a bunch of a boxy pods hanging off the side looks terrible. this is why your franchise is dying because it can't adapt to modern times like Code Geass and gundam. Code Geass got a theater movie but macross cant even do that but is much older. you should re-design the planes to look sleek. get rid of boxy ugliness
>>
File: Boxy Shit.png (735 KB, 815x985)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
>>17473002
Pictured: boxy shit hanging off the sides.
>>
>>17473002
Read the thread again you retard
>>
>>17473002
Gundam is nothing BUT ugly box faggotry, since the very beginning.
>>
>>17460602
how come they have all this extra armor but they dont armor the cockpit?? its the most important part. one stray bullet would kill the pilot. its too vulnerable.
>>
>>17473043
To be fair, that thing was designed by a teenager.
>>
>>17473002
>Code Geass got a theater movie but macross cant even do that but is much older.
I'm confused. SDF Macross, Frontier and Delta all got theatrical movies
>>
>>17473043
Not the anon you are talking to but what does that have to do with anything? Gundam never pretended to be aerodynamic. Isn't the whole appeal of Macross the sleek looking planes that can dogfight and itano circus?
>>
File: vf-27-fighter.jpg (124 KB, 900x700)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>17473075
Some have a COFFIN style cockpit.
>>17473082
He's shitposting massively.
>>
File: VF-31A multiview.jpg (455 KB, 1280x1835)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>>17473083
Every single VF ever designed has a naked, fighter jet mode that is quite sleek and aerodynamic. These are, as people in this thread have pointed out multiple fucking times, special modular mission packs.
>>
>>17473075
You can go into Battroid, the cockpit isn’t exposed in that mode
>>
>>17471619
What's atop the frigate...er...the stealth cruiser's bridge. What was that effect too? Was that the sound jammer?
>>
>>17473084
>Some have a COFFIN style cockpit.

Ok but why isn't that standard at this point? Is there some in-universe reason why they stick to non-armored cockpits in fighter mode?
>>
>>17473203
conventional cockpits look better.
>>
>>17473075
In Macross, getting hit at all in a VF means you're fucked anyway, cockpit shot or not.
VFs are tough, but Macross weaponry are good enough to fuck VFs up.
>>
>>17473203
Refer to >>17473215
>>
>>17473203
Gundam has i-field and similarly Macross has the pin-point barrier that can protect the cockpit from attacks.
>>
>>17473251
I-field in mobile suits are pretty rare though, while even mook VFs has pinpoint barrier system
>>
>>17473251
>>17473433
Also I-fields only work against mega particles, pinpoint barriers are a general purpose barrier that work against everything with the caveat of overloading.
>>
File: 43770773841_446ef19aac_h.jpg (684 KB, 1600x1067)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>17473002
Because that's the Armored pack that's only designed for space usage. If that Valkyrie is going to fly in the atmosphere it has to purge it first.
>>
File: DAMdjGcUIAAO5S-.jpg (239 KB, 1200x1200)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>17455735
Yes, they do and you even see this in Macross Frontier. When Alto arrives to that small planet for Sheryl's concert, he purges his Super Pack/Fold Booster before entering the atmosphere. Later when he escapes the planet's atmosphere you see the parts reattach to his fighter via magnetism.
>>
File: 1557985802581.jpg (81 KB, 1080x1080)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>17473205
Speak only for yourself. Armored cockpits are sexy af.
>>
File: Magnetic Fold Pack.webm (2.92 MB, 1288x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>17473474

It's not even Alto's super fold pack; it's Michaels. He uses a new prototype fold pack LAI are developing, that isn't affected by fold faults with Luca's permission. When the dimension eater bomb is destroying the planet, Michael (and Sheryl) escape by jumping through a Vajra fold gate while the Vajra fleet is folding out, leaving his pack behind. Alto takes that one rather than his own, even though is own is presumably still floating around. You can tell the difference, because Alto's original pack has a different colored fold emitter.
>>
>>17473939

Here's something I found interesting, while checking Alto's atmospheric entry to make sure it was a different pack he was using to leave: his super fold pack couples up in to one, larger pack when discarded. Michael's doesn't seem to have, since Alto approaches it as seperate components; but that could be because he already sent a docking signal that broke it up. It could also be that since the pack Michael used is experimental, that it hadn't been configured to combine when unused yet.
>>
File: Atmospheric Entry.webm (2.83 MB, 1288x720)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>17474134

I thought this scene was pretty cool too. Sheryl's ship has a pretty nice design.
>>
>>17474144

The fight in that episode was good too.
>>
>>17474150
>>
>>17474134
Considering that Alto's pack coupled together neatly into some kind of preprogrammed configuration and Alto could just fly straight in to Michael's pack(which is also neatly spread out) and install everything quickly, I think Alto did send a docking signal to it.
>>
>>17474150
Man, combat in Frontier looks great because it conveys the speed pretty well and you can still see what is happening in the combat.

Unlike Delta which always cheats by making the battle 2 different colored lines flying in the distance with random explosions thrown in
>>
>>17475304
Yeah, the mecha action is probably my biggest gripe with Delta (especially the lack of it). Also the show was really allergic to Battroid form for some reason.

Somehow it felt like Deta's CG downgraded from Frontier which just was weird
>>
>>17474134
Considering that Michael's pack is arranged in a layout to install everything once Alto flies in and that Alto's pack neatly magnetizes into a symmetrical configuration, I think Alto did send a docking signal to it.
>>
>>17475304
>>17475314
Zero is still king of CG fights though
>>
>>17475339
Some of the CG from the first episode is a bit wonky. In particular, the F-14 vs Fulcrum dogfights were a bit too stiff and weightless. They certainly improved it by the end, though.
>>
>>17475536

One thing I really enjoy about the dogfights in Zero is the environment. They're flying through and around big cloud formations, rather than open skies and the clouds look like they have some actual presence. It's a really minor thing, but every time I see one of the Zero webms or the show itself, I appreciate the fuck out of it. I know Macross tends to use lots of interior shots of the cockpit, with interfaces and controls too; but the shots in Zero stand out as well, regardless. I wonder if it's just because they seem more realistic, given those interfaces and controls actually exist?
>>
File: 1421379518300.jpg (97 KB, 680x694)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>17461025
>>
File: 1513459377562.jpg (32 KB, 604x526)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>17469057
>a sequel to Macross 7
Oh dear.
>glossy sterile Satelight CGI
>stock archetype characters
>light novel plot
The franchise is already in a bad enough rut of dredging up the past and then running it through the filter of a generic modern anime. They did this with SDF and gave us Frontier. They already did this with 7 and the result was Delta. An explicit sequel means a more direct shit on its legacy.
>>
>>17477088
>They did this with SDF and gave us Frontier.
But Frontier was great
>>
>>17477120
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1550884104622.jpg (445 KB, 989x768)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>17477088
old good new bad
>>
>>17477147
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17477142
>>17477160
Deal with it fag
>>
>>17477564
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17477088
>>glossy sterile Satelight CGI
7 had awful mecha designs and reused stock footages more than fucking Seed Destiny. It wasn't even that good
>They did this with SDF and gave us Frontier. Frontier is nothing like SDF
>They already did this with 7 and the result was Delta
Delta is also nothing like 7. If anything Delta has more Frontier rehashes in it.
>An explicit sequel means a more direct shit on its legacy.
7 made Miria into a joke character and divorced her with Max. It was a direct shit on SDF's leaacy.
>>
>>17477684
the VF-11 and VF-17 were sexy as hell
>>
I will say one thing. I think they should get back to the War/Survival aspect of Macross. I understand that singing and songs are part of the show's history, but recent Macross shows have gone way too far in the singing direction.
>>
Nothing more infuriating than firing your payload into some target and discovering that an idol's song waves manages to somehow stop the missiles from hitting.
>>
>>17477899
this is about sex, right?
>>
>>17477887
I want an anime adaptation of Macross The Ride.
Some great VF porn could be had there.
>>
>>17477844
>VF-11
Plus design. The VF-11 in Plus also had better color scheme
>>17477985
Kawamori and Tenjin made it into a novel because BW rejected it as an anime project to begin with.
>>
>>17477899
Literally never happened.
>>
>>17477684
>muh stock footage
Typical stock response from a braindead Frontiernigger.
>>
What will the next series be? Less VF, more idols? Maybe ditch the VFs entirely and go full idols?
>>
>>17478210
No No. You're not thinking creatively enough. The next series will be idols.....that TRANSFORM into VFs. Each VF will have it's own unique weaponset. Then they'll have cute male pilots that climb into the girl cockpits to help control the plane together. Then the focus will be on having a good relationship rate with eachother for better performance on the battlefield.

This is your future Macross. Accept it. Don't fight it. You know it to be true.
>>
>>17477684
>made Miria into a joke character
How?
> divorced her with Max.
Yes and then they slowly heal the rift over the course of the show, it's called a character arc you dingdong
>>
>>17478279
>Don't fight it.
Why would I? It sounds glorious.
>>
>>17478279
>My boyfriend is a pilot
>My girlfriend is a pane
It would be nice, and before people compare it to Girly Air Force, hear me out.
Here we are talking about girls who transform into mecha planes, not android girls who just pilot planes.
>>
>>17478279
>The next series will be idols.....that TRANSFORM into VFs
sorta already existed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1LOKVwoVDA
>>
>>17477899
I know you're exaggerating but that has literally never happened in anything, not even 7

>>17478210
They will never ditch any aspect entirely.
>>
>>17478284
Remind me if I'm wrong but I don't think we actually see them get back together at the end right?
>>
>>17478060
>Kawamori and Tenjin made it into a novel because BW rejected it as an anime project to begin with.
That sucks.
>>
>>17478382

I don't recall if it's ever outright shown honestly, but it's definitely implied. Additionally, two VFs in Max and Millia's colors appear in the second Frontier movie, which would imply they're still together too. I think there might have been more implications in Mirage's flashback in Delta too.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.