[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

https://over-ti.me/releases/ryusoulger-05/

better than Shit-O
>>
>>17398304
based shinkenanon
>>
File: This fuckin' guy.jpg (47 KB, 491x314)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>17398304
>Sentai
>Better than Kamen Rider
>Literally ever
Lol.
>>
>>17398343
kamen rider is literally gay
>>
>>17398343
Certainly better right fucking now.
>>
>>17398362
It really isn't.
>>
>>17398357
Haven't there been gay actors in both Sentai and PR though?
>>
File: Breakneck Speed.jpg (95 KB, 882x497)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Damn this is burning through plot. What gets me is that we haven't really seen any other Druidons. It
feels like they are killing Tankjoh next week and
then what? Also are they just living in the woods?
>>
>dios mio
>clearly says "oh my god" in engrish
What the fuck, OT.
>>
>>17398392
I think we're getting a new general in episode 7/8, based on the synopsis, but we gotta wait for TV-kun.
>>
>>17398394
The point is that he's saying it in another language. Ryusoulger has a fuckton of alternate language play, so by using "Dios Mio" that's retained since your reading the subs in English.
>>
>>17398397
It's shit.
>>
>>17398392
There's plenty of stuff we still don't know. Tankjoh, at least as he was presented in scans, was always intended to just be the vanguard of Druidon. We also don't know what the deal with Gaisorg or the mysterious man from episode 2 yet either, not to mention whatever the full backstory of Towa and Banba. There's got to be Black and Green Masters. When Gold gets introduced in about 8-10 episodes, we'll have his plot too assuming it's not tied in with anything else here.
>>
>>17398392
If you haven't noticed about 75% of every episode so far has been action. This week has about 5-6 minutes of character scenes, and then the other 15-16 minutes is action. I think after the first quarter this will slow down though once toy sales are good. Plot doesn't seem to be much of a priority right now though and there's like no pretense that the show isn't just a huge toy commercial and that's really throwing people off I think. Most seasons are about 50/50 plot and action.
>>
>>17398415
I have, was pretty pleased with Banba's finisher
though. I guess I didn't imagine it would be this
aggressive due to the declining sales. Freaks me
out a bit.
>>
>>17398304
So, I know the bar isn't high at all but is this at least better than Lupinranger? I don't know if I could endure another massive waste of time.
>>
>>17398402
You have hate it all you want but not subbing it in English was the best way to convey the line. Translating is about retaining the meaning of the original line and authorial intent above all else. The point of the line is that he says "oh my god" in English in the middle of all his Japanese. Just tossing in "oh my god" would pretty much lose all meaning, and dios mio is easily recognizable to most viewers compared to using the Japanse equivalent.
>>
>>17398423
It depends on what you want. The action is really great, the mech stuff has all been good, and the characters are all at least likable. But it's very action focused. I'm enjoying it personally but I hope the show finds it's footing with the plot eventually.
>>17398422
Well Nettobare-san did say that if toysales aren't high it will be the last Sentai season. They're really going to want to go all out with the toypushing.
>>
>>17398422
Literally this generation's Gaoranger. Ryusoulger's main goal is to sell toys. If it ends up having good writing in the long run, that'll only be a side effect. Should be still good to watch for action at the very least though.
>>
>>17398427
Except people have used italics or specific markings to denote when English is specifically being used for years, dumbass. There's also the fact that this is a TV show, so you can actually fukken hear the lines, resulting in a Crunchyroll-tier mess of sub dissonance.
>>
Does anyone have a webm from the last episode when Tyramigo was trying to destroy the mountain and then let out a sigh when he failed?
>>
File: Ryuusoulger Q3 (3).jpg (121 KB, 850x611)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>17398436
>>17398422
>>
>>17398474
Shouldn't that be Q2? I really liked the purple Tyramigo clone. I hope that's for Gaisorg and not for the movie.
>>
>>17398481
Anon....
>>
>>17398481
It's 100% for the movie. It literally says it on the page.
>>
File: 1528511955598.jpg (103 KB, 1366x768)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>TOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>...
>The Sun is shining and that's really sun-thing!
>>
>>17398392
wait, did they even show Kishiryuoh Ankylose?
>>
>>17398498
>Sing and dance with us!
>>
>>17398541
Triken and Ankyrose forms haven't shown up in the show before this episode. Here's hoping they don't get shafted.
>>
I thought it was a pretty good episode, though maybe a little too fast paced.
>>
>>17398304
Kureon is a boy! finally got that out of the way.
>>
File: L9MlEPw.jpg (37 KB, 807x659)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>Shit-O
>>
*kling*
*krrr*
*POP!*
BURESTO CANNON
Tankjoh is voiced by Joji Nakata, who did Kamen Rider Birth equipment
>>
>>17398343
Metal Chads>Sentaibros>>>>>>>Burger rangers>>>>Shit>>>Kamen virgins

Actually i have no fucking clue on where to start with kamen rider, like i know who is the first one but apparently he has some kind of reboot and there is like alternate realities and shit, i have only seen ex aid on that one kyuranger episode and he seems like some sort of meme
>>
>>17398692
It's just like Sentai just watch whatever season you think looks cool except Decade and Zi-O.
>>
Subscribe to Ui Channel!
>>
File: 1438524120576.webm (2.71 MB, 640x368)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
>>17398692
start with Kuuga
>>
File: 1555126527797.jpg (65 KB, 440x293)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>17398692
Avoid Build

It is the worst Kamen Rider show, bar none. It's just a complete package. Shitposters will say it isn't, but I have been watching Kamen Rider for over many years now and I can assure you it is.

Build does everything all other rider series did but does it even worse. For example, early heisei rider series had amazing designs and a more mature feel, but most of them lacked in writing, pacing and fights.

Neo-Heisei series have gottan a lot better in those areas (for the most part, you still had cool shows like Ghost) - Shows like Gaim and Ex-Aid have pointless talking, going nowhere, lacks monsters of the week, with so-so fights. But they forgot what made early Heisei likeable in the process, which was the cool designs for the most part.

Build takes these things and merges the worst together. So you have a main rider with an bleh suit... A horrific story that has random progression and pacing, each episode forgetting onto the one prior... constant babble that leads nowherre like no other series ever did, BORING fights; some of them span an entire episode. Not even kidding. You even have a tournament arc in the middle with 3 back-to-back fights that spans a total of three episodes of pure fighting. that somehow sucks ass. It even has references to Showa series in some of the story bits for furthers insults.

Build is just too fucking awful. Thankfully other Rider series will never be this bad.
>>
>>17398698
>except Decade and Zi-O
Fuck off Ghostfag.
>>
>>17398692
The reboot movies for the first three Riders are irrelevant. They haven't been referenced again by anything else after they brought back the original pre-reboot Riders during Decade's movie.
>>
>>17398716
This is a copypasta right?
>>
>>17398747
Just bait, mate. The key to recognizing it as such is that they praised Ghost.
>>
>>17398720
Fuck Ghost and fuck you. I said don't watch Decade and Zi-O because you shouldn't ever watch those shows first. They're anniversary seasons.
>>
>>17398747
>>17398805
It is certainly copypasta and also bait.
>>
>Sing and dance with us after the commercials!
>>
>>
this monster design rules
>>
Just started watching this, Tyramigo is even more agile than Gekitohja and it's absurdly awesome.
>>
>>17398868
So it's probably still alive, right? They wouldn't just break the rules and have all the bad stuff not go away after the monster gets beat, right?
>>
>>17398914
It'd be really great if they did break that rule honestly. It adds a lot of tension when defeat doesn't necessarily mean victory. It's also not in the next episode preview at all even though they were okay with spoiling Towa's recovery.
>>
>>17398440
>Sub dissonance
Get used to it, anon. Loan words almost never mean exactly the same thing they do in English. Even when the dictionary definition is the same, digging into your kooky foreign words bank often changes the tone pretty severely.

When someone uses "bitch" in Japanese they don't mean generally unpleasant women. "Building" almost exclusively means high rises and "potato" absolutely does not refer to raw tubers.
>>
>>17398926
This still has no bearing on the argument of whether loan words should be in the language they've actually been loaned from or changed to another, given that there's an already a commonly acknowledged method of distinguishing when words are loan words. Even if you want to go down this route, changing something like "Oh no, the building" to "Oh no, the high rise" would still be asinine, and at most should just be acknowledged with a TL note.
>>
>>17398394
>>17398402
>>17398440
>>17398952
>Sperging this much about some silly, inconsequential line.
You surely have your priorities straight, Anon.
>>
>>17398952
That's not how translation works though. If I asked a Japanese person what they did for lunch and they replied "I had Salisbury steak and French fries" would you be over here insisting no, actually he had HAMBURGER and POTATO?
>>
File: 1510819659398.png (320 KB, 640x480)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>17398985
>pointless attempts at localization and overtranslating are bad
>but anon, would you [make an attempt at overtranslating and localization]
>>
>>17399012
Are you retarded? ポテト is Japanese slang for fries and crisps.
>>
Towa should have been female.
>>
>>17399025
No. Towa is a cute boy and he should have been a cute boy.
>>
>>17399020
We're talking about indicating English phrases here, dumbass. Because of that, I assumed you were making some asinine point about 「I had Salisbury Steak and French Fries」, not the individual words. Your point is retarded anyways, because if ポテト was used in the middle of a FULL JAPANESE SENTENCE, then of course it'd be translated to something like "French Fries" because it was used in a fukken Japanese sentence instead of じゃがいも, whereas "Oh my god" was an entire English phrase. Context matters.
>>
Banba is beefy as fuck. Take off your shirt so we can see your /fit/, Banba.
>>
>>17399067
lmao weeb
>>
>>17399067
jeez calm down
>>
>>17398440
>you can actually fukken hear the lines,
You can
>>
>>17399067
>Context matters.
But you're leaving context out. For one that anon is speaking about spoken language, while you're just listing written text. Hearing "salisbury steak" or "potato" would be noticeable to someone who hears them vs what they see but given that hamburger and french fries carries the line's intent better for English speaking audiences it's what you would use.

Your take on "Oh my God" also ignores the context. Yes you can use italics to signify spoken English but finding different ways to work around it isn't unheard of. In Ryusoulger's case the show mishmashes multiple languages together at various points. In it's terminology and sometimes in it's spoken text. Using another language carries the lines intent far better.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you in various other threads and honestly you look at translation in a very flat way. Translating is not just about conveying text or conveying word for word what's being said. It's about conveying authorial intent and the feel of dialogue while maintaining a natural flow. Like I said yes you can put "Oh My God" in italics at it works but using an easily recognizable phrase like "Dios Mio" maintains that Kreon was speaking in another language. It also helps convey that Ryusoulger itself is a show that really plays with spoken language. That use of English is purposeful and changing it's language in the subs highlights that.
>>
>>17398440
>sub dissonance
Are you the kind of retard who believes that a character saying "bitch" in jap should be translated as "bitch" instead of "slut"?
>>
>>17399369
>but you're leaving the context out
>for one, that anon is speaking about spoken language, while you're just listing written text
Except that we're both talking about how ポテト sounds. We both agree that, despite ポテト literally being pronounced "potato," "French Fries" is how you would translate it because of the CONTEXT of it within a Japanese sentence. The reason context/intent matters here is that it changes the word into a different definition, whereas "Oh my god" has the same by being said wholly in English.
>your take on "Oh my God" also ignores the context
>Using another language carries the lines intent far better
And now you're just flat out being disingenuous because my whole point is acknowledging and rebuking this fact by stating that having it spoken in English has already done enough, and that adding italics to signify this is for those who can't hear it or are just reading is all that's needed.
>I'm pretty sure I've seen you in various other threads
>honestly you look at translation in a very flat way
First this shows that you're being completely disingenuous because you're trying to attribute these opinions to a boogeyman.
Second, and again, this is already done well enough by just signifying the line is spoken in English. You're not changing or downplaying the intent if you're still bringing attention to the fact that it's being spoken in a different language than Japanese, even if the rest of the subs are in that language. You're taking a very childish approach to how the translation needed to be done, and that's coming from someone who is still bitching about the issue 12 hours later.
>>
Keep doing the translations like you do, O/T, just to spite him.
>>
Talk about the episode, faggots.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.28 MB, 1920x1090)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>17398855
>>
>>17399529
I knew it was coming, and yet, I said nothing to prevent this.
>>
I'm still liking ryusoulger
I've liked Towa and Banba's arc of learning not to take the easy murder-happy route. i've liked the celtic soundtrack. The villains are actually pretty fun to watch. The celtic soundtrack is really something else.

It's interesting at the very least.
>>
Seems legit.
>>
>>17398692
Start with W and move forward to today, or start with something you like the costumes of. Don't deliberately skip any shows, but if you're really not liking a show, it's okay to drop it as long as you gave it a chance first.
>>
>Identifies that Kureon is creating the Minusaurs
>Goes to find and kill Kureon

That's certainly refreshing.
>>
>>17399941
you don't want to try mushrooms? it's really mind expanding

>>17400467
the villains are usually off in space or another dimension and soooooooo powerful instead of homeless mushrooms
>>
>>17399941

I swear this little shit's the secret final boss.
>>
>>17400574
I find interesting that the villains where presented as a devilish subspecies when mostly has just been just two monsters.
>>
>>17400633
I really, really hope so
It would be so different for the final boss to start as such a weakling and to have so much personality
Maybe if he grows a good enough minusaur he'll level up
>>
Sound:
>>>/wsg/2801788
>>
>>17398343
That happens regularly.
>>
Sound:
>>>/wsg/2801792
>>
File: What a gorgeous set.webm (2.97 MB, 854x480)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
Sound:
>>>/wsg/2801803
>>
>>17398304
Given that ZI-O is probably the weakest Rider show since Decade, that's not hard to do.
>>
>>17400949
That could work as each minusaur has an exp value. Maybe it’s kureon who's leveling up
>>
>>17398304
>Dinoknight
Why does Overtime insist on translating Kishiryu like this? It's Dragon. Ryu doesn't mean dinosaur. I don't care how decieved you felt from Toei calling their new Sentai DRAGON Knight, but it's what they're doing. Accept it and live with it. Don't be a fuckwit and forcefully change it because you don't like it.
>>
>>17401641
Ryu's used both with regards to Dinosaurs and Dragons iirc.
>>
>>17401641
Did you forget about "Bakuryu" Sentai?
>>
>>17401659
Kyōryū is more commom. Meaning 'strong or fearful dragon'.

>>17401666
Similarly, '爆' is to burst or explode, put together with ryū to read 'bursting or exploding dragon'

If anything this just shows a precedence with Sentai naming dinosaurs 'dragons'. I also don't remember it being translated to 'Explosive Dinosaur Sentai' in Abaranger's case.
>>
>>17401694
Burstasaur and Dynasaur have both been used in different fansubs for Aba. O-T's not some outlier here.
>>
>>17401641
At least do your homework before proving yourself to be a retard nonetheless, anon

>65 million years ago, an era when dinosaurs were everywhere. When attackers sought to take over the world, bringing war, knights were selected to stand against this threat. A meteor falls to the earth and brings the era of the dinosaurs to an end. Those chosen knights then chose to live the rest of their lives quietly on earth. In preparation for the return of this enemy, dinosaurs with great power were made to sleep in a temple. Now, at the end of the Heisei era, the attackers have returned to Earth, pushing their evil to the limits of the universe. Now, it’s time to grasp the powers of the dinosaurs! “Knights” x “Dinosaurs”. Now is the time to protect earth’s peace with that power!

>65 million years ago, the immensely powerful Druidon Tribe reigned over Earth. The tribe abandoned the planet when a gigantic meteor approached, vowing that they would return as the rulers of the world again as they headed into space. The Ryusou Tribe who battled against the Druidon Tribe stayed on earth, along with their dinosaur companions, the Kishiryu. The Ryusou Tribe withstood the ice age brought on by the gigantic meteor. They placed their Kishiryu companions into the Ryusouls and sealed them in temples throughout the world. Time has moved on and the Druidon Tribe has returned after fighting in harsh environments across space, totally increasing their powers. The Ryusou Tribe that kept the Earth safe in the past have selected new knights: the Ryusoulgers. They have been revived by their mission as the battle against the Druidon Tribe begins.
>>
>>17401694
>I think I know Japanese starter kit
>>
>>17401641
>I don't care how decieved you felt from Toei calling their new Sentai DRAGON Knight, but it's what they're doing
But anon, that's what you are saying, not Toei's and Tv Asahi's

>http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2018/12/toei-officially-announces-kishiryu-sentai-ryusoulger/
>Now, it’s time to grasp the powers of the dinosaurs! “Knights” x “Dinosaurs”.
>The Ryusou Tribe who battled against the Druidon Tribe stayed on earth, along with their dinosaur companions, the Kishiryu
>>
>>17401554
oh so kureon is pokemon trainer kind of
>>
>>17401694
>Similarly, '爆' is to burst or explode, put together with ryū to read 'bursting or exploding dragon'
>If anything this just shows a precedence with Sentai naming dinosaurs 'dragons'. I also don't remember it being translated to 'Explosive Dinosaur Sentai' in Abaranger's case.

>Series' lore is literally kyoryu evolved into bakuryu explained by the dynasaur tamer and the dynasaurs themselve
>The fossil of dinosaurs on earth giving off the exact same aura/energy as the dynasaurs, explained in the series
>Nu uh, they are bursting dragon
>>
>>17401694
>Kyōryū is more commom. Meaning 'strong or fearful dragon'.
Shortening it to just ryuu is a similar practice to shortening dinosaur to just dino, stop trying to look smart you tit
>>
>kreon and tankjoh's eyes have leds in them
cool
>>
>>17398692
Just watch whatever you think looks cool. It's an anthology series aimed at kids like Sentai, you don't really need to overthink a watch order.
>>
>>17401694
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>17398716
Holy shit you reminds me of that Dragon's Dogma copypasta
>>
The Kishiryu-Oh MirNeedle fight was the best part of the episode for sure.
And what's better then a good old "sing and dance with us after the commercials!" after something horrible just happened.
>>
>>17401694
I would have gone with Knightsaurs myself, but holy shit you're retarded. The Kishiryu are obviously knight dinosaurs. Dragons have nothing to do with it except as a root word for dinos.
>>
>>17398868
>>17401554
>it's cerberus
>but instead of three separate head, it's three head inside each other
>>
>>17404059
What can I say, it's a dog eat dog world
>>
Towa's very quickly becoming my favorite character. Shame he's fucking dead now.

Anybody made a "sing and dance with us after the commercials" edit yet? I think Ryusoulger's ED is my favorite of this decade.
>>
>>17404153
Really? It's pretty good I won't lie but there's so many hits when it comes to ED songs this decade and personally I think Ryusoulger's kinda in the middle. ToQger's, Kyoryuger's, Go-Busters', Gokaiger's, Shinkenger's. There's so many.
>>
>>17404643
ToQger barely had an ending song and Kyoryuger was painfully basic. Gokaiger's is obviously the best since it's the only one to survive past it's show and keep getting new versions.
>>
The only reason i'm watching this right now is because I like the sexual tension between Red boy and green girl
Is good shit, or was last episode.
>>
>>17405292
>green girl
I wish.
>>
>>17405292
>green girl
>girl
Towa is a cute little brother type thank you very much.
>>
>>17404773
Byun Byun ToQger is still technically an ending song, even if you also only hear the vocal version now in the TV broadcast releases cause they were cut out of the BD releases. It's a poppy little ska number what's not to like.
>>
>>17407960
Huh, I just realized that Utsunomiya must hate dance endings, and maybe even endings in general. Only Zyuoh has a dance, and two of his later shows have either only a psuedo ending in ToQ, or none at all in LuPat.
>>
>>17404773
>Kyoryuger was painfully basi
precisely why kids love it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.