[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: file.png (1.19 MB, 1366x768)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
hey dumbass
If you want to bring the world back from the brink, go to the lighthouse.
You can see the Ace Combat Thread there
>>
OK thread, question time

Project Aces have got (you) to design a setpiece or boss fight for AC8

It has to involve either some or all of

>really big flying thing
>lasers
>a tunnel/canyon
>some kind of big cannon

How do you make it not a rehash of a past mission, or if it is a homage what's your twist on it?

My idea:

>superweapon is some kind of experimental submarine docked in a bunker in a fjord immune to aerial attack by bombs
>sealing the cave mouth alone won't work
>you, the protagonist, must fly along the fjord, break through the naval blockade while staying low to avoid AA fire, and fly into the caves to find the underground command centre/sub pen
>maze of heavily defended rocky tunnels open out into massive cave where the sub is, destroy all the support pillars and escape
>>
>>17348426
Ok so there's a hurricane.

And you fight in and around it.

I know this stage has been done before, I'm just saying it needs to be done more. Just throw a hurricane into any mission for an instant cool setpiece.
>>
>>17348426
taking inspiration from ace combat 6

a battle between two really big flying things.
the objective is to capture the enemy airborn aircraft carrier.
long mission, lots of sub-objectives like destroying some anti-air enemy force or defending a location against enemy bombing.
you may refuel and reload at your team's big flying thing, and it will take different routes depending on which objectives you decide to accomplish
>>
>>17348390
I need to talk about this now before I forget.

Ace Combat 7's main campaign disappointed me. I was expecting to go up against Mihaly and/or Sol Squadron at least 2 more times than we actually got. Also, splitting up Trigger and Spare squadron was a dumb idea. It totally broke the flow of the plot in exchange for mimicking Ace Combat 4's most climactic missions. The identification game mechanic was fun. It was different and unique. I also really enjoyed the LRSSG missions on their own, I just wish they'd been done with more members of Spare Squadron, or that we'd had at least 2 more missions to get to know Strider.

Avril was a decent viewpoint character, but the Princess and the Head Researcher didn't get anywhere near enough development for me to understand why she lost all hope when the satellites were shot down or why he just gave up on the drones copying Mihaly plot. But the last few missions really did make me like the Princess and I wish we'd been given more time to know her or know how others saw her.

I feel like compared to prior Strangereal games, AC7 is less like a classic war movie than AC4, less of an epic story of war and peace than AC5, less of morally gray tale of politics and war than AC0, and less of a personal war survival story than AC6. It kind of becomes a Dirty Dozen-style grimdark war movie for a few missions, then becomes a heroic history of a war campaign for a few missions, then becomes AC2 for a few more missions before returning to AC5's superweapon-heavy finale. It's more like a Greatest Hits collection than a game that can stand on its own.

I felt let down at the end of it. Why didn't Pensee's play during the actual epilogue and not during the boring-ass credits? Why not have a few more deceptions missions thatuse fake bases and unarmed planes or IFF-spoofing foes?
>>
>>17348515
>It's more like a Greatest Hits collection than a game that can stand on its own.

Well, the problem here is you didn't anticipate the anniversary celebration fanservice panderfest to be literally just that, for better or worse.
>>
>AC is basically Star Wars
>Part 7 is a retread of part 4's best parts, with nods to basically EVERY other entry in the series
>>
>>17348649
please don't
it implies the next game will be utter trash
and I really want to know what they'll do next, since they'll have to fit avril&princess' anarchy on the geopolitical situation and flesh things up before the corporate wars
>>
File: Speedy Boi.jpg (291 KB, 1000x1033)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>17348426
>A really big flying thing with a big laser cannon is flying down a canyon to avoid your sides superweapon and blow up the city at the end.
>You have to do a canyon run to catch up to the RBFT but the allies won't stop firing because it has to be stopped at all costs so watch out for airburst laser missiles that detonate at 1000 ft.
>Once you catch up you need to pass the RBFT and decelerate into the BLC while turning with the plane and canyon.
>Mandatory that you bring timed dumb bombs to drop off, once you drop you have 10 seconds to escape the barrel and they need to be dropped all way in the back of the cannon for reasons.
>Expect the RBFT to do a barrel roll while you are in the barrel at least once.
>>
>>17348659
>implying Ace Combat isn't a cycle of endless trash and reimaginings of AC2

The comparison falls real short when you scrutinize it though, so congratulations you replied to a shitposter.
>>
>>17348722
The only game that really apes AC2 is 4.
>>
I dont know if I am actually good or trash at this game. Played through the campaign (normal difficulty only for now), got all named aces, and currently going through easy campaign doing the machine gun only round up to mission 11.

However, fighting Sol 1 or the boss drones are still annoying for me, since I cant seem to get a good position to wreck them. I only managed to gun down the mission 10 drone with a Mig21 gunpods because that thing sometimes stupidly fly straight into us.

Am I just a scrub or are the drones / Sol 1 designed to be bullshit to dogfight with their physics breaking maneuvers?

Also, I hate lightning strikes. Its a pretty cool effect and adds tension, but they also randomly jerk your nose towards the ground while you are blind, and the HUD distruption effect takes too long to dissipate.
>>
>>17348812
You aren't 100% trash, all the drones can do some BS moves that would likely tear a real aircraft apart or at least stall the engine. Sol 1 does some BS too but he usually takes a breather after a big move because he is an old man so keep an eye out for that. Good luck with mission 20 guns only!
>>
File: D2a16hYVAAATZ9o.png (260 KB, 662x785)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>17348515
Apparently they scrapped the build of the game they had been working on since 2015 last year and basically redid the entire game within a year, while still keeping the CGI cinematics and VA recordings.
That's why the campaign feels so disjointed.
>>
File: valkyrie drone.jpg (831 KB, 3270x2173)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
ARE THERE ANY D R O N E S
VERIFY
>>
>>17349207
I think they managed to not butcher the plot too badly.

I like how Cossette started with bringing the country to war, realizing she was being manipulated, and ended up wanting UNDERSTANDING, as much as how cliche it is

The way she views the lighthouse is a good imagery, she initially thinks its a threat to her country, and wanted to destroy it. In the end, when Avril and Cossette wanted to destroy the lighthouse to stop the APS in mission 19, she saw the painting in OP's image, and that convinced her that the lighthouse is meant for unity, not a threat. This changed her mind and now wants to protect it, trying to find ways to cutoff the Arsenal Bird's wireless charger without destroying the tower.
>>
>>17349265
I agree that it had some good ideas, it just needed a couple more missions and cutscenes to flesh characters out.
>>
I ended up buying a new power brick for my 360 (old one went missing when I moved) so that I could play 6 to complete my binge of the whole series from 4 and on.

Is it just me or is 6 kind of dull? Up to mission 6 or so but far it’s been 4 tier non-stop ground attack missions only needlessly long.

I hear that 6 gets good at the end but people say that about all of the games.
>>
>>17349267
The penal unit is a very interesting part of the game. Too bad you get drafted to the 'cool protag squadron' for the last part, instead of having a full redemption story for the inmates.

The three strikes logo is pretty cool at least. I prefer the ones you have in 444th instead of the silly looking 3 claw marks you get afterwards
>>
>>17348812
The ravens’ thing where they shoot straight up and then spiral downwards away is really annoying

Yeah that’s not something real people or planes can do
>>
>>17349283
The banter was excellent in Spare Squadron.
>>17349285
I mean, that was the whole point of them being drones. They are capable of crazy moves because they don't have a soft fleshbag inside them. Of course, since this is an arcade game, the protagonist can pull infinite G's as well, so all this realism talk is sort of meaningless.
I doubt planes in real life carry 100+ heatseekers either.
>>
>>17348426
You fly through the trench of a REALLY big flying thing (think the Cradles from Armored Core, basically space colonies except they’re airplanes and in the atmosphere) to blow up its big cannon while the rival squadron chases you and they all have lasers
>>
Explain this to me, Kojima.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2GM1InwNc
>>
>>17349297
Two hot topic teens discuss the trolley problem while jet fighters blow each other up.
I really hope they don't pull any punches with making "the most evil Ace Combat" antagonist.
This dude better be genuinely bad.
>>
File: boeing ats.png (3.18 MB, 1883x1018)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
>Finish Ace Combat 7
>Australia puts out a press statement the next regarding UCAVs

Spooky
>>
>>17349309
Boeing has been working on this concept for a while now.
>>
>>17349301
>most evil dude
>inb4 its a regular Belkan pilot
>>
File: average osean.jpg (176 KB, 785x567)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>17349317
>Osean faces when belkans start shit again
>>
File: D1TS8VwUcAESlOD.png (230 KB, 700x560)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUw6S1fJrSQ
>>
>>17349207
Source? I find it hard to believe they rewrote the story if they scrapped the game.
>>
>>17349280
6 is a bit like that, the final mission is top tier fun, the Aigaion is a good boss fight, but the rest is very forgettable to me.

There's a desert/beach landing mission that's quite good I think?
>>
Is there a list of what all the special weapons real world names are?
>>
>>17348724
AC7 is literally a hard sequel to AC2 though. The plot even revolves around the ZOE program and has every ZOE plane show up except for the F-15 STOL M/TD while having the game end with a duel against the FALKENs successor.
>>
>>17349525
pretty sure the standard missiles are AIM-9 Sidewinders and the R-60 Vympel for russian planes, because they usually say FOX 2 when you shoot them. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>17349297
A bunch of emo punks tie some people to train tracks
>>
>>17349525
MSL: AIM-9M Sidewinder
4AAM, 6AAM, 8AAM, and HCAA: AIM-120 AMRAAM
SAAM and HVAA: AIM-7 Sparrow
HPAA and QAAM: AIM-9X Sidewinder
LAAM: AIM-54 Phoenix
UGB: Mk 83 Bomb
GPB: GBU-16 Paveway II
LASM: AGM-84 Harpoon
LAGM: AGM-88 HARM
4AGM and 8AGM: AGM-65 Maverick
SOD: AGM-154 JSOW
SFFS: CBU-100 Rockeye
XSDB: GBU-39 SDB
>>
File: Spoiler Image (4 KB, 100x100)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>Stage of Apocalypse was June 6, 1995
>Harling's death was June 6, 2019
>>
File: Gripen_Payload.jpg (412 KB, 2340x1656)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>17349525
LACM for Gripen is the Taurus KEPD
>>
>>17349491
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQ3yHTQ3NnggQiWwoKHkm4DBw-VnF4FxA4K-F7ueXzc/edit
>>
>>17349600
Fox 2 is just NATO code for announcing that you're letting loose a heat seeker.

Which, to be fair, is highly likely to be either a Sidewinder, a licensed copy, or a reverse engineered clone (it's both an effective design and a relatively simple one too).

Licensed copy usually kicks in for JASDF assets though, from what I remember, and that really just results in a slight change in nomenclature as per the JSDF's particular naming standards.
>>
File: skyborg.jpg (1.23 MB, 2880x1620)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>17349313
>>17349309
>>17349250
https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1796930/skyborg-program-seeks-industry-input-for-artificial-intelligence-initiative/#.XJvJHYZAMA0.twitter
>>
>>17349287
real time 3d printed heatseeker missiles is the solution
belkan technology, grunder industries and whatnot :^)
>>
>>17350107
Man the Grippen is nice, wish they would add other Scandi planes in the future like the Draken or the Viggen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dVEOsl4KII
>>
>>17350310
WE ELECTROSPHERE NOW
>>
File: 1322482454556.jpg (294 KB, 1500x976)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>17348426
>Ace Combat: Vietnam
>You're an Erusian pilot, part of a task force involved in a conflict in the southern part of Yuktobania's continent

>destroy the enemy prototype stealth bomber before it takes off from the development base
>you have to fly a solo mission under an altitude limit to avoid radar in an area with ground hazards similar to "tango Line" from AC4
>the tall mountains gradually transition to less dangerous, rolling hills
>deliver a tactical nuke on the enemy base
>You have to circle back around to confirm the facility and base is destroyed, while not getting shot down by an enemy ace squadron hell bent on shooting you down
>GTFO across the return line before the enemy kills you
Not for a final mission, but I think that could be fun, especially in, say, an F-105

>have a cheesy, one-off mission where you control a B-52 and the goal is to reach a certain score before the time limit. based on how much of the enemy is destroyed, the follow-up mission differs between two or three different scenarios depending on how devastated the enemy is (kind of like the temporary mission splits in AC5)
>>
>>17351325
that B52 mission proposal reminded me
>tfw no route splits based on accomplishing objectives

also, what AC5 missions have temporary splits?
I finished it but I can't remember some details about the game
>>
>>17351346
I can't remember their names, id have to look them up, but one of them is where you neutralize the gas attack, another is where you have to destroy these radar stations in sync with your wingman... the other two escape me. there are two occasions where Chopper says something like "Hey Kid, did you give that song a listen?" <YES NO> and then your choice decides the next mission.

but after the mission, theres a follow-up mission and then it goes back to the common mission order
>>
File: ac5.png (777 KB, 923x647)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
>>17351370
i decided it would be easier this way, so i jumped over and took a screenshot of the mission select screen.
>>
>>17351370
4H and Reprisal are one track, that's all you need to know for the branches.

Well that and Desert Lightning is always the right choice.

Good luck figuring out that your answer to FACE OF THE COIN literally dictates a later coin flip though.
>>
>>17348426
Well, if AC7 is supposed to be the link between the rest of the future and AC3, which is as futuristic as it gets, then I'll make my superweapon under the assumption that AC8 will be even further into the future, maybe even somewhere in 21XX.
>Huge orbital ring was built using the Lighthouse
>The ring is so massive that it's basically impossible for any single country to control it at any given time
>Big spacefighter battle ensues throw in a Starfighter ace there for shits and giggles and for the pun
>Lasers everywhere, country X definitely not Belka is threatening to use a huge microwave emitter from a beamed power station in order to fry some country and now you have to destroy it
And for nostalgia reasons, maybe the player could see other space infrastructure mentioned in other games, like the top of the Lighthouse itself, the OSL from AC3, maybe a prototype or leftover junk from building the SOLG, Excalibur laser reflectors, hell, even the survey sat you protect in Comona.

And yes, I really liked Zero Gravity.
>>
>>17348426
Probably not AC8, but a spinoff with strangereal WWII would be very interesting

>Fleet to Fleet Battles
>Belkan secret flying battlecarrier
>orgasmic machine gun DAKKA sound effects
>>
>>17348659
>corporate wars
ACX happens a year after AC7
Lots of AC original planes there. If anything they can start the buildup to the corporate war ready.
>>
>>17351669
>Lots of AC original planes there
Honestly, ACX designs are damn great and pretty good a far as realism goes, except for Fenrir (The Fenrir is more like "leasathi engineers watched too much Yukikaze"). They just don't strike that cool oppressive sci-fi killer AI look that the FALKEN series has.
>>
>>17351678
In hindsight the Fenrir's microwave laser+stealth system was probably to deal with drones
>>
I've been playing Assault Horizon Legacy on 3DS. It's my first AC game and I'm enjoying it so far, even if I can't decide if the default controls and maneuvers system make the game too easy or not.
>>
>>17349738
>1st and 2nd Battle of Farbanti
>both on September 19th
>>
>>17351325
I want to fly F-106s and break up bomber formations with nuclear rockets in a desperate bid to save my homeland
>>
File: ACX_XR-45.jpg (29 KB, 480x272)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>17351678
ACX planes were great
I especially like cariburn, since I pretty much played the final part of the game with it and forward swept wings are my fetish

on the other hand, I don't think I'll ever be able to play with the fregata despite loving how it's a huge flying brick
>>
>>17349309
So, someone down under has watched Macross?
>>
File: BELKA YOU ARE GENIUS.gif (92 KB, 960x378)
92 KB
92 KB GIF
>>17348426
Something that makes use of pic related somehow.
>>
>>17352113
That would be really cool, like the scene from Fafner Exodus.
>>
>>17352113
now that's a real long range strategic strike.
I'd enjoy this sort of thing on a future AC game.
VOB-style stuff is my /m/ fetish
>>
File: 0_8a183_b61728bb_orig.jpg (174 KB, 1200x846)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>17351860
That sounds cool as hell also.
They haven't really mentioned it but i feel like smaller yield nuclear weapons would be used more liberally until Belka Sampson Option'd itself, then everyone is like, 'lol no way fag' and got rid of them. Also explains the reason why it seems like everyone is so quick to jump into a war again, since there is no nuclear deterrent.

But a gritty, Vietnam-flavored Strangereal war could also be interesting to go along with the theme of how things change. Maybe people didnt care so much about collateral damage as they do in the more modern times, alluding to what Clown says in mission 2 of AC7.
>>
>>17349280
I've been using the Idolmaster DLC Chihaya Strike Eagle in 6 and just want to say that it's incredibly fun to use
>>
File: D2tPpM-XcAAhos-.jpg (64 KB, 1199x799)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
So /m/, what's your favorite track from 7?
For me, its a tossup between these two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3bUAbklzcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o_XGQ3EcrI
>>
File: 79078127894.png (239 KB, 907x881)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>17353026
Ace Combat 7's soundtrack is ok but Lighting Speed from Ace Combat 2 will always be the best.
https://youtu.be/8ygfW349sP4?t=22
>>
How tsundere is Avril?
>>
Isn't AC3 set like 20 years after AC7? I'm pretty sure megacorporations don't rule the world at that point if multiple space elevators are generating power around the world. Also, this game feels like it's confirming that the Namco Galaxy timeline is canon and Dig Dug is an Ace Combat sequel.
>>
File: Su-35S.jpg (68 KB, 1143x682)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>17353026
Good choices, I still keep coming back to Lighthouse as my favorite though. I hope the DLC missions have new tracks and that's why they haven't officially released the soundtrack yet.
https://youtu.be/CuMYVm8bn44
>>
>>17353517
I bet they do add some new tracks.
The DLC missions are supposed to be a brand new mini-campaign, after all.
>>
>>17353144
not much
at the beginning she just wants to fly and see the deep dark blue of the stratosphere
in the end she's actually a compassionate character that learned the hardships of war and sort of wants to lead her people to a bright future with no nations

she's not tsunedere at all, but she won't fall in love easily
>>
>>17353171
>I'm pretty sure megacorporations don't rule the world at that point if multiple space elevators are generating power around the world
aha
that's the point all along.
you don't see any space elevators on ace combat 3, do you?
why?
because, somehow they "didn't" work, or (((didn't))) work if you will
>>
>>17353026
the mission for last hope is really great in setting the mood.
the identification gimmick and the nighttime mix so well with the soundtrack
>>
File: patlabor2wyvern.webm (2.63 MB, 1280x688)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
>>17353913
It was very Patlabor 2 in feeling
>>
>>17353945
I agree
it does the "city at night" mood so well
makes me want to watch more stuff that depicts nightlife in a city

also, it's one of the few missions where I focused a lot of my attention on the soundtrack, most of the time I "feel it" during the start of the mission and then forget about it
>>
File: 1528572543626.jpg (176 KB, 1024x685)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
How do people feel about the Rafale?
>>
File: Rafales.webm (2.21 MB, 854x366)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB WEBM
>>17354008
Pretty cute, but the static refuel probe is gay.
Its like a futa girl.
>>
>>17353144
Avril:
>Cossette you dumbass
>Cossette ypu'll never be able to wear that suit yourself
>Cossette you stupid woman

Cossette:
>..y..yes..

She sounds so mean to Cossette
>>
File: D2a17njU4AEr5LZ.png (348 KB, 754x800)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>17354196
She's just a bit rough.
I bet she's a softie deep inside.
>>
>>17354202
Translation pls anon
>>
File: D0QoAqpUYAAX8hb.png (450 KB, 637x694)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>17354212
>"I don't want to go back to maintenance"
>Trigger who doesn't want to go back to solitary

>Trigger who got Queen's Custom present
>"Huh? What?"
>"Speak properly."
>>
>>17354216
Huxian a cute
But Deanna McOnie is best
>>
>>17348426
a tunnel.
a flying tunnel.
>>
>>17354294
isn't that SOLG
>>
>>17348491
you fight in the eye.
>>
>>17354294
A flying tunnel with lasers inside the tunnel
>>
>>17354295
SOLG in Infinity was fun.
>>
>>17348491
it might even be cool now, instead of some lame setpiece because of the wind shear mechanic they've introduced.
>>
>>17349716
>>17350107
Cheers.
>>
>>17354300
It was far from a lame setpiece then, it had meteorological effects in place such that flying in and around the hurricane did in fact affect your handling.

The tour guide left a bit to be desired, that's all.
>>
>>17348426
Have AC8 spread out the standard AC boss fight aspects throughout the game, but add in a ton of suffering with squadmates getting shot down, failing to protect civilians, etc etc.
On the final battle of the war you shoot down the enemy ace and manages to stop the enemy superweapon, but the superweapon manages to shoot you down as well.
Cut to cutscene where you are rushed to the hospital and then show the post-surgery scene where everyone stands around your comatose body, then fade to black.

Immediately flash the name of the next mission, and go into the usual briefing, however the briefing is really bizzare with the map being different from what you remember, some dead allies being alive, etc etc. The mission starts after you choose your plane. You shoot down the first wave of enemies, do some CAS, then "it" begins.Your comatose nightmare.
>>
>>17354732
No, it WAS lame.
I didn't feel anything from it except a desire to see the fucking game end already.
>>
>>17354803
Actually your grimdark idea gave me two ideas.

A) something like your surgery scene happens, but as the game goes on you realize your body died, and your conciseness has been turned into a sort of alpha test of NEMO

and/or

B) During the last hopeless battle, a squadron of Neucom test pilots in R-101s and General Resources guys in F-16XFs come sway the battle in your favor. After defeating the final mission, public opinion turns toward the corporations who did such a great job when the national powers where failing.
>>
File: JPG DOGS.png (569 KB, 650x555)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>17354803
>Immediately flash the name of the next mission, and go into the usual briefing, however the briefing is really bizzare with the map being different from what you remember, some dead allies being alive, etc etc.
That twist in the end only works for RPGs or some action games, but even then, only in mid-game. I was expecting it to be more of a mind upload thing where dead pilots whose bodies were recovered were secretly being transferred into jets so that they wouldn't have to keep relying on AI. That'd explain why all your "dead" allies are back, and probably the map as well, since you'd no longer be seeing the map, you'd be in it, like a floating consciousness in a VR space.

Who knows, maybe I've just been playing too much Kamui, but the idea of bodyless pilots just appeals to me.
>>
>>17355320
That would work as well.
>>
>>17355129
maybe a test for the coffin technology, where they just plug your comatose body on the plane
>>
File: gripen.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>17355105
Ivan Drago or whatever the fuck his name was a total wet blanket as far as a rival ace goes.
Apparently the scriptwriter actually wanted to go full strangereal balls to the wall, but Bamco execs forced the AH team to stick to real life.
There was a spin off novel written by the dude where the Amerikanski MC pilot goes face to face with some crazy UCAV F-22 variant which was supposed to be part of the original plot.
>>
>>17355105
Again, that's the tour guide being a bore.
>>
>>17355377
In fact, to clarify my stance, the problem with
>...cool now, instead of some lame setpiece because of the wind shear mechanic they've introduced.

is that, if I'm reading right and you're referring to 7's wind shear and other weather effects, having that's not going to change much because again Hurricane actually already has the namesake feature impact your flight handling, even if it's obfuscated by tour guide Illich not letting you really enjoy the moment for what it is without dragging you around by force.
>>
>>17355399
You might want to play that mission again, because there is no wind shear mechanic in Assault Horizon.
Just extremely excessive camera shake.
>>
>>17355407
>>17355399
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD568k5QUHo
the biggest pointer for the windshear mechanic in 7 actually affecting your aircraft is the wingtip and missile contrails arcing away from the emission points, as well as the tendency of the wind to smack you into the ground if you don't trim. assault horizon doesn't have that, it just has the illusion of heavy crosswinds from a combination of the camera shaking around, heavy wind SFX, extremely closeup camera angle on your aircraft, and DFM flinging you around like a ragdoll.
they aren't anywhere near the same.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UA5ZwutcnA

nippon, pls2buy our taifun.
>>
File: shinden masterfile.jpg (297 KB, 500x700)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>17355514
Isn't that how the ASF-X Shinden was built in Assault Horizon? It was a collaborative design between Japan and Britain.
>>
>>17355518
Other way around, though, with a dash of "what if Japan did the JSF project instead?"

Granted, the F-3 is kinda apocryphal at the moment in any continuity, existing only in the Master File data book.
>>
File: Patlabor2 aircraft.jpg (1.28 MB, 3267x2000)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>17355629
Ah, I see.
It would be neat to see another Kawamori design in Ace Combat though. Especially with all the blatant Macross homages in 7.
>>
idol skins when?
>>
File: Scale.jpg (363 KB, 4500x1500)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>17355646
I like that Eagle + design.

>>17355629
I had been thinking lately if they would put the Shishin in AC7, or in a future game, so NIPPONSTRONK countering the Chinesium planes that are likely coming. I liked the ASF-X design a lot and still cant believe i paid for it in AH knowing i wouldn't ever play the game anymore anyway.

Shinshin is pretty smol as well. It would be cool to have another game with the MiG 1.44 in it, and toss back in the F/A-32 for the full effect of "heres a bunch of Gen5 planes" in the late game.
>>
File: F-15S AC2.png (1.2 MB, 2489x2803)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>17355855
>I like that Eagle + design.
It even shows up in AC2, just without the canted vertical stabilizers.
>>
I wanted to burn Osea to the ground.
>>
>>17356421
Right
Its almost like the F-15 ACTIVE and Silent Eagle together.
>>
>>17355333
>>17355320
>the final bttle of the war is halfway through the game, you get shot down
>hospital cutscene
>next mission starts
>you're flying with your formerly shot down allies
>everything seems normal, though the HUD is slightly different and everything feels off
>next cutscene is about your allies that are alive talling about the post-war efforts and how there isn't enough pilots to help deal with the enemy resistance
>next mission is to reinforce allied forces
>you show up with your dead squadmates
>alive former allies immediately see your callsign on the IFF and also your insignia and calls you and you dead squadmate "impostors", some call you guys "ghosts", etc etc
>your dead squadmate gets shot down by an enemy in a cutscene
>he remembers that he was shot down during the final battle
>sudden dialogue by unknown scientist over the radio, "Cut the link! They're remembering what happened to them!"
>game just cuts to a black screen
>no post mission briefing, it just cuts to the next mission
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4-kwOhv4SI

>rpg
into the trash
>>
Texture swaps are a thing now.
https://www.moddb.com/games/ace-combat-7-skies-unknown/addons
>>
>>17357760
aidoru skins when?
>>
File: image (2).jpg (22 KB, 358x374)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>17356661
We all do buddy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFz0OXELG8

the madman.
>>
>>17352113
You know this was dumped because there's no way for a human to survive it but a drone solves that issue
>>
>>17360910
maybe with the coffin technology it can be implemented, due to the life support it gives
so it might make sense to launch those from something like an arkbird or SOLG
>>
>>17348426
So there's like a giant airship. Like really fucking big and you fly through it while an enemy super plane ace squadron chases you through it.

final boss fight is a mecha
>>
>>17361095
Like an SDF Macross style mecha that's YUUUGE or a Gundam style mecha that just zooms all over the place?
>>
File: RVR Brigandine.jpg (135 KB, 1000x667)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>17360910
I mean, unless you're gonna be launching it like an SLCM, I doubt surviving it would be any trouble, specially for a fighter pilot since this is just a rocket launch. Remember, many atronauts are actually ex-fighter pilots or just ex-Air Force in general, many were test pilots, even, which pull crazier shit than most regular service pilots ever will. This was probably ditched because :
1 - Costs. Rocket engines are expensive and losing your booster at every launch is a bad idea, it's why recoverable ascent stages are the new hot thing in town.
2 - You'd need to keep a bunch of fairings at hand.
3 - There's no real need for it nowadays anyways.

If you were to do it IRL, you'd need something like a Brigandine module that could RTB after staging away. Then again, that whole pic looks like the results of an artist fucking around with models, so it's probably not even a real project, but it's fun to think about it as if it were.
>>
>>17348390
Ace Combat is mecha now?

I'm telling you its all a prequal to Armored Core.
>>
>>17361223
Ace Combat has always been honorary /m/.
>>
>>17361223
Always been. Besides, there's more actual Ace Combat discussion going on in here or /k/ at any given moment than there ever is in /aceg/.
>>
>>17361228
No, not honorary. Actual.
>>
hmmmmmm
>>
File: X-02.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>17361326
SOON
>>
>>17348390
Here's my idea.
At the start of the game you're asked to record some audio, stuff like "Fox two" or other chatter. Throughout the game you'll sometimes hear your self saying those things at the appropriate times.

About halfway through the game drones (I know I know hear me out) show u p. At first they're really wimpy, nothing much to pay any attention to. But they keep showing up, in more and more advanced planes and flying better and better.

About three quarters of the way through the game, you find out where they're coming from, a factory inside a mountain, and go on a mission to destroy them. Obligatory tunnel run and inside-a-structure mission.

You do that, and it's all good until a cutscene comes up and shows the other side of the mountain being blown out and a fuckhueg flying factory comes out the other side. Think as large as the Arkbird but really long. It's got a big laser it used to cut its way out, and it releases a swarm of drones to cover its retreat. By this point the drones are miniboss levels of tough, and only show up every one or two levels.

For the next quarter of the game you're chasing the giant flying factory, being harrassed by the miniboss drones. Then they stop for the last three missions. Come the final mission, you finally catch it refueling and as you approach it, it releases a squadron of drones. At this point, they're flying just as good as you are, and now you start to hear distorted versions of the stuff you recorded at the start of the game.

Throughout the game, the factory has been studying you, the drones have been adapting to fly like you, and the game has adjusted the drone coding within certain limits so that they do this.

The final mission comes, you dodge the flying factory's laser till you're too close for it to fire, dogfight the drone-you squadron, and then do a tunnel run down the flying factory, destroying the production line and coming out the other side as it explodes behind you.
>>
>>17361463
That ... sounds pretty damn dumb, actually. Weight is a premium inside of a plane, it's not like you can just fit a factory inside of one. I imagine the Arsenal Bird was already a flying logistics and engineering nightmare on the inside, imagine having to now provide materials middair to the flying factory while ensuring the thing can get electricity, even if it's beamed from above. I mean, one can argue that it was a regular factory when on the ground, but if it lost all production capabilities after liftoff and only kept the superlaser, then you might just want to make flying Excalibur instead. Besides, I don't think you can just vaporize a mountain with a laser, and I seriously don't see why the drones wanna copy your voice anyways.
>>
>>17361487
It's an ace combat game dude, I just came up with something that fit the requirements from OP. I wanted something crazy and fun and well built up over the course of a game.

The voice part is to make it clear that it's a drone based off of you, the player.
>>
>>17361504
2bh, having drones as the Big Bad again after AC7 feels like beating a dead horse.
I'd like to face off against purely human enemies again.
>>
>>17361508
Fair point, but it was the idea in my head so I rolled with it. This was a sort of a tip-of-the-brain thing, if that makes any sense.
>>
>Tornado
>F-18 classic
>EA-6 Prowler

;_;
>>
>>17361504
I think a mirror match situation would be better.
Whatever plane with whatever loadout you choose, the drones will follow suit and also fly based on your style(gun only runs would make the drones use only their guns, lots of special weapon usage makes them spam special weapons, etc etc).
>>
File: 1_Stryker_Sweating.jpg (38 KB, 660x350)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>final extra mission of AHL
>do Fighter's Honor but have to U-turn out of the tunnel
>then deal with FIVE Z.O.E. Falkens all armed with TLS
>>
>>17361508
I would love if in the next ace combat, some of the secret Aces are actually drones based on pass characters.
>>
>>17349301
Who are the biggest "most evil ace combat antagonist" from past games?
I guess Pixy since he fucking wanted to nuke the whole fucking world.
>>
>>17348426
You're side has all the super weapons, the other side just has one fighter

NEMO
>>
>>17362000
it's Dision
>>
>>17353171
AC3 is a what-if for the most part it's hard to decipher whats real and whats not
>>
>>17362044
I would love to see this actually
>>
File: Eyeflash Delta Plus.gif (1018 KB, 500x699)
1018 KB
1018 KB GIF
>>17361095
>final boss plane shows up
>both of you zoom towards each other
>at the last minute the enemy plane transforms and matrix dodges you before trying to shoot you in the ass
>>
>>17361223
They even have the same Initials.
>>
>>17362000
The Gray Men? They did incite the war between Osea and the Yukes and did attempt to escalate to WMD use several times (giving nukes to both sides, hijacking the Arkbird, the SOLG colony drop) and were only narrowly stopped each time by Razgriz.
>>
>>17348426
AC8 but is the actual real Corporate War than has gonne offrails with General Resources and Neucom throwing giant flying and space fortress armed with superweapons at each other.
In the real thing UPEO is even more useless, so the only solution to save Usea is by unleashing the Belkan option which is where your pilot comes from.
Tunnel mission is actually escaping from your own space base not only as it crashes down from orbit, but while you are being targetted by a whole squadron of Nemo drones
>>
File: 1231174916052.jpg (83 KB, 1000x579)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>17362537
So will Neucom or General Resources turn out to be Gründer Industries?
>>
>>17362565
Yes
>>
>>17355377
>>17355399
It's really a matter of predictability. In 7, you'd never know when you're going to run into crosswinds blowing you this way or that so it was more of a random hazard than a setpiece. You could never take advantage of it.

By contrast, you had clouds which on one hand would hurt your missile tracking and possibly ice up your plane but would also hurt the enemy's missile tracking. BTW, very useful in multiplayer. Most players don't use the anti-cloud part.

So what you want to do is make the winds semi-predictable. Either have weather tracking radar or have the winds act in predictable patterns. Maybe all the winds blow you in the same direction whenever you encounter them or maybe the winds follow the terrain and places like mountain tops or canyons have the worst winds. The idea is that you always want the player to know what's going on so if they get killed they understand what killed then and can take steps to avoid it.
>>
>>17360894

this fucking guy
>>
>>17360894
>That Deflection Shooting

There's no lead indicator for spec weps so you need to calculate the lead on intuition alone.
>>
>>17361223
AC is just Gundam with jets
>>
File: [BELKA INTENSIFIES].gif (1.06 MB, 927x549)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>17362565
Neucom is already confirmed to be the successor to Erusea's NASA equivalent, so that only leaves General Resources as an option ... meh, who am I kidding, all arms manufacturers and dealers in Strangereal are probably controlled by a belkan in one way or another.
>>
File: Phoenix plon.png (81 KB, 348x330)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
X-02s, FALKENs, Ravens, all these original designs are cool but none of them are ever going to surpass THE original playable and cool design ... when the fuck is it going to be playable again ? BAMCO!
>>
File: 1544815805248.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Why is the Flanker (and derivatives) such a monster of a fighter? It's absolutely gigantic next to comparable aircraft.
>>
>>17363605
she's well fed by mother russia
>>
File: F-15SA.jpg (365 KB, 1600x1065)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>17363605
Is it?
The F-15 isn't exactly small either.
>>
>>17363613
Dancing with the Angels
>>
>>17363605
Primitive Soviet engineering.
>>
>>17363613
its looking at you with its eyes this time...
>>
>>17363605
Because it was built for high alpha to compete with America's own big beautiful warplane.

And the Eagle is as big as it is because it was built for above normal cornering speeds and other benefits of large wing area relative to the amount of thrust it shits out, all because the American intelligence community mistook the Russians as trying to do all of that with their Foxbat, which itself is as big as it is because it was designed to go very fast and chase down stuff in a straight line race.
>>
File: F-15SA 12x AIM-120.jpg (80 KB, 1400x1044)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Look at this big boy
>>
>>17362405
So you're up against an MS in waverider mode? Cool
>>
>>17362565
so fucking sexy.

I hope we get another space mission
>>
>>17354298
Flying lasers.
>>
>>17356661
One day, buddy, one day.
>>
>>17362905
I'm secretly holding out hope it will make it into 7 somehow, going by the fact that they did release a kit of it with Kotobukiya last year.
>>
File: latest.jpg (29 KB, 640x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>17365021
>XFA-27 looks more like something out of Macross than the plane actually designed by the Macross guy
What?
>>
File: D3JFE8cVAAAhtjX.jpg (105 KB, 1024x768)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>17349280
Well I cleared 6

Chandelier's definitely my favourite superweapon stage and Aigaion is totally on par with the Arsenal Bird. Liked the story too.
>>
File: s.o.c..jpg (84 KB, 405x348)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>17362000
Simon Orestes Cohen.
>plans and presumably starts the Intercorporate War just to erase the engram of a dead man
>>
File: UN Spacy plon.jpg (72 KB, 1024x768)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>17365227
I mean, I doubt he actually started the war, it was likely already fated to happen anyways. All he did was introduce Nemo to guarantee that, no matter the outcome, Dision would die in any of them.
>>17365053
Macross planes are a wee bit bulkier, I guess.
>>
Is there any major conflict in Strangereal's history that didn't involve Belkan shenanigans in some capacity?
>>
>>17365674
Continental War and Aurelian War are probably the only ones? At least I dont recall Belka involvement on them.
>>
>>17365683
Do you actually believe Leasath of all places had the competence to built Fenrir and two flying fortresses (Which are, you know, Belka's specialty) ? I don't think so, smells like Gründer to me.
>>
>>17365695
what's the fortress other than gleipnir?
or there are two gleipnirs?
>>
File: xfa27 cockpit.png (706 KB, 1280x720)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
semi-COFFIN cockpits are the best
>>
>>17365695
>(Which are, you know, Belka's specialty)
Counterpoint
Everything is Belka's specialty
>>
>>17365926
everything except peaceful solutions
>>
>>17362581

An ability to predict the wind would be nice, though I do think the wind for the most part is pretty predictable except when its intentionally designed to be a hazard.

Maybe in the more open maps, some sort of "weather forecast" could be shown to let you know what sort of wind you'll be getting. Like, if it blows a lot in one direction, you want to turn with the wind.
>>
>>17366048
>Maybe in the more open maps, some sort of "weather forecast" could be shown to let you know what sort of wind you'll be getting
This is already a feature.
The pre mission briefing map gives you the location of clouds, including wind currents.
>>
>>17366050

...fuck
>>
>>17366048
it would be nice to have a special part that would show wind direction on your radar
>>
>>17365766
https://acecombat.fandom.com/wiki/Gandr
They're essentially the same.
>>
Does anyone know if the 8 AAM missile pods for the Raptor were ever made as a plastic model kit or figure? Was it based off any real world weapon design?
>>
>>17365989
When all clay is Belkan, world peace will be achieved.
>>
>>17362060
Wasn't AC3 a simulation or something?
>>
>>17365695
Note that the reporter who narrates the cutscenes found that large sums of Leasath's money is not accounted for in their accounts on top of the financial aid that Aurelia sent to them being used for military development.
>>
>>17365695
Don't forget, you know,
The name

How more obvious does it have to be? Call it the Jormungandr?
>>
File: Stealth pods.png (489 KB, 1486x940)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>>17367385
>Was it based off any real world weapon design?
Yep. The whole point of them is that they're stealthy designs, allowing planes to carry missiles externally without ruining their stealth profile.
>>
File: vf-1a-schematics.gif (165 KB, 1400x885)
165 KB
165 KB GIF
>>17367728
Y'know, if you got rid of the rear stabilators, the front profile of the Advanced Super Hornet sorta looks like a VF-1.
>>
>>17366050
Saw the cloud forecast, didn't see the wind map.
>>
>>17368399
Take a closer look at the clouds in the map, and you'll see the "particles" are actually lines pointing where the wind currents go.
>>
File: 1554191715065.jpg (528 KB, 1873x1496)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
Such a sleek, beautiful plane.
>>
>>17369089
I wanted to fly this in-game.
>>
>>17365926
Except winning.
>>
File: F-104C_AC7_Color_3_Hangar.png (2.83 MB, 1920x1080)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
>>17369118
>>
>>17365021
I love the XFA design-wise, but trying to tame it and fly properly is a challenge.
>>
File: StrikeWyvern.jpg (164 KB, 1200x900)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>17369218
>hero unit is hard to master
just like my japanese animes
>>
File: ph_iun_04_small.jpg (35 KB, 214x270)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Did Mihaly kill Clown?
>>
>>17365695
>Fenrir
Fenrirs.

They made enough to outfit their elite squadron and still had at least 3 left, 1 was used as the showcase plane by the general at his speech(which was destroyed by the angry mob after we destroy his everything), 1 was shot down in the obligatory tunnel run while it was attempting to escape, and the last 1 was recovered by Aurelia for testing.
>>
Mad sci-fi looking planes when
>>
File: R-101.jpg (307 KB, 1024x768)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>17370254
But anon, we already got that 20 years ago : it's called the Delphinus.
>>
>>17370388
Tail fin ruins the aesthetics though.
>>
File: andersen.jpg (618 KB, 1700x2338)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
;_;7
>>
>>17370254
Is this show any good or is it haremshit masquerading as an air combat show?
>>
>>17371584
he lost battle after battle, winning only at the expense of his own ship
yet, he's the greatest hero from the unsung war
>>
File: rhino wave gaf.webm (2.24 MB, 1280x720)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
>>17371681
Its nowhere near a harem. That said, its a fairly bog standard CGDCT show until the end, where it turns into a Yukikaze/MuvLuv mashup, then ends with the usual "READ THE LN" ending.
>>
>>17371584
It made me very happy when 7 first mentioned the Kestrel class carrier.
>>
>>17372477
I had a shit eating grin on my face when Scrap Queen mentioned that the carrier was the Admiral Andersen and it was carrying shit tons of planes.

I was prepared for it to be sunk during takeoff
>>
>>17372754
>the carrier was the Admiral Andersen and it was carrying shit tons of planes.
>Flies off in a F-22 with the infinity symbol
>>
>>17371690
Feels more like they took a page out of that "Outer Worlds" episode with the plane. Which Yukikaze copied.
Never found the connection to MuvLuv though, how are they similar besides the artifical human thingy?
>>
>>17372829
China getting deleted by the alien drone hiveminds.
>>
>>17372477
>>17372754
>>17372817
I hope Nagase returns as Razgriz 2 in the DLC missions at least.
>>
>>17372910
Asteroid destruction mission, with "I don't wanna miss a thing" playing in the background.
>>
>>17353026
>Magic spear I and II
>Lighthouse
>Sirens song
AC7 has an amazing soundtrack
>>
>>17372829
>Which Yukikaze copied.
How so?
>>
>>17362854
>>17362565
What if in AC8 you work for a private company testing state of the art planes and get dragged into a conflict due to the increasingly corrupt Osean government? Like you're really just trying to make a buck and not get killed but shit keeps happening and eventually you end up attacking national military forces just to make them stop shooting at you.

And after all the fighting stops your company needs to re-brand in order to avoid all that bad press so the company you spent all game defending turns out to be General Resources.

Whoops.
>>
>let's show them we can get wet, wild and do dirty dirty things

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: ac7 topgun skin.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>17373154
Beach volleyball.
>>
File: D3WM85eU4AADE82.jpg (103 KB, 1200x675)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
More texture swaps slowly trickling out.
>>
>>17372910
>for one mission your hangar music changes to that upbeat version of The Unsung War they use for some of 5
>>
File: D3ZLYNWU0AAXjJk.jpg (80 KB, 1200x818)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
File: 1548286273239.jpg (462 KB, 1280x880)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>17375748
I wish more models of AC planes existed. The only model of the Falken I can find is from years ago and goes for far too much money nowadays. I know there's an XFA-27 model out there that's pretty recent, but that's about it.
>>
File: 049.jpg (1.19 MB, 1700x2338)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>17377435
Bandai is doing a rerun of their 1/100 Falken model.
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10047724
>>
File: DzAQ14aUcAAj8Q_.jpg (153 KB, 1200x848)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>17377435
>>17377443
Kotobukiya is also gonna make models for the X-02S Strike Wyvern, and ADF-11 Raven.
>>
>>17377443
>>17377458
I already preordered mine, might get a second one on release day. But what I want more is a Morgan kit.
>>
>>17371690
>Its nowhere near a harem
And that's why I had 0 interest in it. I want my plane harem.
>>
>>17377458
Wake me up when they release in a real man's scale, 1/72.
>>
File: DzAQwkuU8AAwL8u.jpg (62 KB, 1200x799)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>17377735
A larger scale would be nice.
>>
File: D3hQAhcUcAAbKgS.jpg (59 KB, 675x1200)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>
File: D3h79rlV4AIbaj_.jpg (75 KB, 1200x675)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: TLS saves the day 2.webm (1.2 MB, 800x480)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB WEBM
>>17383870
TLS is the best.
>>
File: ac7 tls.png (3.38 MB, 1908x982)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB PNG
>>17383910
A shame its so damn weak in 7.
PLSLs are pretty powerful though.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Is the Berkut really the magical machine everyone seems to say it is, or is it just Belkan memes?
>>
>>17385073
Meme.
>>
>>17385073
When in doubt, always assume Belkan shenanigans.
>>
>>17385073
if only she had thrust vectoring nozzles...
>>
>>17385073
Top tier meme
>>
File: Erusean Royal Guard X-02S.jpg (1.29 MB, 1920x1080)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
https://imgur.com/a/6scAGXP
>>
File: D3tcG7fUIAAa04K.jpg (109 KB, 1200x675)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>17385879
https://twitter.com/WZNGT/status/1115586852419846145
>>
>>17361223
Everything except Ace Combat 3 is a prequel to Ace Combat 3.
>>
File: 1535920072782.jpg (471 KB, 1171x1347)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>17348390
>Scrap Queen
I hated this bitch so much. Easily the worst character in the game.
>I'm a hobbyist mechanic who's only experience is fucking around with scrap metal, but I'm suddenly the god of maintaining complex 4th/5th generation fighter jets after all of a week.
>Oh let me also take up a shitton of time in the already limited amount of cinematics. Sorry if you wanted to see the pilots and squadrons more fleshed out, faggot.
Everything about her was the worst. She should have been a professionally trained military technician, who is a master of her craft, with a third of the screentime.
>>
>>17386751
Considering that they wanted her to make functioning planes for Spare squadron, they probably provided some manuals for her to refer to and she learned from there.

Trigger's plane in Deep Blue is ambiguous anyway. He uses a F-15C as Strider 1, at the end its really unknown what he uses beyond extrapolating that he uses a F-22 because its on the cover.
>>
>>17386740
and ace combat 3 is a prequel to armored core 4
>corporations rule the world
>national dismantlement war
>environmental destruction
>mankind lives in huge flying cities
>>
>>17386751
consider that in strangereal grunder industries oversimplified jets to the point they cost 1/3 of the price. Air force is closer to infantry in strangereal than anything else, assembling jets is to them what assembling guns is for us. And she learned from war veterans to assemble planes, veterans who probably weren't all pilots, there was probably 2 or 3 mechanics among them to teach her.
>>
File: 1554951082918.png (923 KB, 973x589)
923 KB
923 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKFotFCl2A
>>
File: 1554818813023.jpg (910 KB, 1280x720)
910 KB
910 KB JPG
Buy Gripen
>>
>>17386751
Would have been more interesting if Spare Squadron was restricted to Rusty-ol Shitboxes instead of Flankers and F-15s, more in style with Area 88 instead with F4s and such.
>>
File: u5bsueem8xd21.jpg (68 KB, 992x558)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>17389265
I prefer her older sister.
>>
>>17389265
Our air force just did, what more do you want?
>>
>>17389323
install lolis in them
>>
>>17385127
Be the hero /m/ needs and build one with TVNs.
>>
>>17385127
The S-32 does.

Shame it only appears in 5 and the PSP games. Granted both the times it does show up in strangereal big bad squads pilot it.
>>
>>17389323
I want them to actually fucking arrive. Right now we're still leasing them from Swedistan and the marine variant is a dumb pipe dream because we don't have any carriers anymore.

Assuming we are from the same country, that is.
>>
>>17389622
Did they ever find the pilot of the F-35 that crashed?
>>
>Tfw my friends never get into this series because they think it's a flight simulator
This perception seems to be pretty common, I think it's due to the altitude meter and real life planes (mostly)
>>
>>17389662
the mostly generic looking boxart doesn't help either
>>
>>17389725
Never considered this but you're absolutely right.
Take 0, a plane and explosion. That doesn't convey the lasers, buddies, politics or anything
>>
>>17389622
>carriers
Probably not, our navy's complete ass despite all logic dictating that it shouldn't be.
>>
>>17351325
i've legit been meaning to write a fanfic about the yuke-osean cold war that goes hot due to yuktobania kicking up involvement in kaluga and romny
>>
File: 2016-04-26_15-16-16.jpg (159 KB, 1491x757)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>17348426
you have to fight a nuclear ramjet, because these things are fucking insane and legitimately terrifying: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto
>>
>>17389725
>>17389729
I actually quite liked the collectors edition steelcase box art for 7
>>
>>17389749
It really is. They only just figured out how to sub and are already trying to build nuclear subs, but it's all french tech and can't launch cruise or ballistic missiles so it makes no difference. Also, we have absolutely zero SAM batteries in either the Army or the Navy and not a single one of our boats has VLS. Our ships would be fucked if they were attacked by even a biplane with a dude dropping bombs by hand. And no, I don't count Mistral or MANPADS in general as SAMs.
>>
File: D34M-MoU0AATzF3.jpg (92 KB, 1200x675)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWuimPXRHU
>>
>>17354216
source on the drawing, friend?
>>
File: D2K4dPdU4AAjJHV.jpg (82 KB, 921x769)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>17390094
https://twitter.com/tks_lc/status/1100048511423270918
>>
>>17390099
you're the best anon, thank you!
>>
File: X-47B.jpg (539 KB, 1848x2784)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>
>>17392592
oh no no no no
wars of men should be fought by men
AIs shouldn't take human lives
>>
>>17392592
As long as they don't put a lot of them onto a flying drone carrier
>>
>>17392592
>they literally have to rope it down to stop it from flying off to kill all the humans
Drones. Not even once.
>>
>mihaly A. shilage
>Mihaly Dumitru Margareta Corneliu Leopold Blanca Karol Aeon Ignatius Raphael Maria Niketas A. Shilage
what does the A. mean?
>>
>>17393829
Archange
>>
>>17393832
that sounds like something I read somewhere in the game
is that shown anywhere?
>>
>>17393839
It's his callsign but no it's not what the A is for. It's not an initial, it's a mistranslation, the name is supposed to be Ah-Sillage. Listen to or look at the Japanese dialogue.
>>
>>17393895
>listen to the japanese dialogue
I still can't listen to it without feeling it's off
scrap queen sounds too girly in japanese
>>
>>17393918
Scrap Queen is Chidori from FMP
>>
>>17393431
The X-47B is for refueling my guy.
>>
File: MQ25 Boeing.jpg (253 KB, 2048x1224)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>17394887
the X-47B was a testbed for naval UAV tech.
the MQ-25 is the refueler drone.
>>
File: D4D9qypWAAA7FAC.jpg large.jpg (183 KB, 2048x1365)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>
File: kawamori.jpg (47 KB, 480x347)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/Task_Force23/status/1116683388851826688
Kawamori is gonna review AC7's VR mode.
>>
File: D4HIDMlUUAYxS8n.png (299 KB, 700x858)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yn3skySbyvrfDk9tv_kS57Pvtj9a-YntqbB-b8sgRLc/edit
4gamer interview with Shimomoto and Kono translated where they talk about some of the development goals and processes for AC7.
>>
>>17392592
This is just going to be murdered by Chinese missileswarm. Why are they even wasting billions of dollars on this?
>>
File: Arsenal Bird AC7.webm (2.93 MB, 1280x720)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>17398366
that's sorta the point
>>
>>17398366
It’s steath you retard
>>
>>17355855
I didn't realize the J-20 was that big of a plane.
>>
>going from Sukhoi's canard and thrust vectoring memes to a plane like the Nighthawk
God, it's like flying through syrup.
>>
In AC7, does the enemy AI improve between easy difficulty to hard/ace difficulty? Or is it just increased damage you take?
>>
>>17398929
I noticed the enemy will be a lot more aggressive on hard and ace, and will try to do more evasive maneuvers while using chaff and flares.
>>
>>17398931
Alright, thats good I guess.

I fear that the boss fights will get annoying in an S-rank run, though
>>
>>17398955
Its not too bad, Sol Team will do a lot more cobras but that just means if you position yourself right you can wreck them with a nice one-two-three salvo as they bleed all their energy.
Hugin and Munin are still annoying, but I didn't notice much difference in patterns between the easier difficulties and ace.
>>
>>17348390

>Mobius 1 had F-22
>Blaze had F14
>Cipher had F-15
>Trigger had ???

Strider squadron seems to use F-15s, but box art suggests F-22.
>>
>>17400725
<<Trigger's different!>>
>>
>Trigger = Strider One
>Blaze = Razgriz One
>Cipher = Garm One
>Mobius One = Mobius One?

Moobius is the squadron name right? Hence the callsign Mobius One. Did he have any official nicknames besides ribbon fighter? I dont think Ribbon Fighter even counts since its more of an unofficial nickname people use like Three Strikes instead of Trigger
>>
>>17400799
In whiskey corridor the enemy called him the grim reaper
>>
>>17400725
Talisman had an F-15 pretty sure.
>>
>>17400799
Mobius Squadron is named after him, isn't it? I assumed his TAC name was already Mobius One (compare with Heartbreak One) and it ended up being his callsign as well?
>>
>>17400725
F-22 is the series "mascot" more or less, but it really isn't as common as the "Canon" aircraft as you'd expect. The pilots who don't canonically fly one as their main aircraft are Blaze (F-14), Cipher (F-15), Talisman (F-15), Falco One (XFA-24A), Nemo (presumably Su-37 Super Flanker), and Phoenix before AHL (Su-33).
>>
>>17400804
Yeah, but enemy nickname is different isn't it? (Mister X / Archange, Three Strikes / Trigger, etc)
>>
>>17400839
I forgot the details, but didn't Mobius have a squadron before they were all shot down by Yellows early in the game?
>>
Dumb question, Omega squadron became Mobius squadron, right? Or did both Omega and Mobius sortie at Megalith, I can't remember.
>>
>>17401052
During Megalith a bunch of Randos became Mobius Squad. Not sure if they're from Omega but I assume they're not some lowly mooks like the watered down Yellows you face
>>
>>17400725
Trigger uses a 22, it’s in the cutscene before the final mission
>>
>>17400725
>>17401113
My headcanon is that Trigger progressed from F-16C (Mage, Spare) > F-15C (Strider) > F-22A (Admiral Anderson, maybe pre-Lighthouse if they lifted one from Shilage).
>>
>>17401073
>>17401052
Omega became Mobius.

I'm pretty sure that you can hear some of the Omega pilots' voices as Mobius pilots too.
>>
>>17401113
Thats for the last mission though.

Before that he was definitely flying a F-15C.
>>
File: lovelive F-35 AC7.png (1.46 MB, 1366x768)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZePgRVS3do
>>
>>17401113
Are you referring to the brief scene in the carrier before Dark Blue? The cutscene follows whatever plane you chose before the mission, doesn't it?
>>
File: 1536997602714.jpg (8 KB, 300x169)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>17401246
It begins.
>>
>>17400839
>>17401027
TFW 118 "Mobius" existed throughout all of the events of 04, as far as I could tell.

The question ends up being how the fuck did a one man fighter wing come into being before that lone pilot even established themselves to be big dick cool guy ultimate warrior in the lore. It makes sense come the assault on Megalith, but the explanation behind how Mobius 1 was the entirety of their squadron for the bulk of the war is a story that has yet to be told.
>>
>>17401510
Perhaps Mobius One was a newbie who was assigned the squad, and just before he officially joined the squad got wiped out.
Since it was war the folks just went on with his assignment to Mobius squad to save time and get him out to the war asap because they can reassign him or fill up the squad's numbers later.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.