[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Roger_Smith.jpg (15 KB, 532x408)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
And I'll never work for Paradigm again...

*next ep*

Paradigm hired me for another job
>>
>>17307522
didnt the creator of this show not know how to end it?
>>
File: 1446718715825.jpg (1.01 MB, 1284x2896)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>17307537
>>
>>17307545
Pretty much. The third season probably would have went back to the season 1 episodic format. It's interesting how the recent Gridman had some similarities to the show in the nature of the setting and both had contributions from Hasegawa as one of the staff writers.
>>
>>17307545
God, that would have been so much better.
>>
>>17307537
>>17307581
>>17307566

i agree. After Star Trek Discovery I realized how much I missed episodic TV shows. Those old Gerry Anderson shows and Star Trek were great.

A sand timer is used as symbolism with all the other tv show metaphors for a reason. It flips and we go back to another episode. (Even the tomatoes were a reference to throwing rotten tomatoes.) I would've been fineif it kept going like this.
Big O and Gridman would fit well in a SRW together. Were there anymore mysterious cities in robot shows?
>>
I rewatched the show recently, and yeah
>>17307522 confused me.
I was also pretty disappointed to find that the BDs were just digital upscales, even for season 1.
>>
>>17307522
Been a while since I watched Big O, but if I remember correctly he usually ended up working for Paradigm because the job was too big for him to refuse (the city is directly threatened by something and taking the job is the best way to deal with it) or the job interests him on some personal level and he decides to take it against his better judgement.
>>
>>17307537
>didnt the creator of this show not know how to end it?
Yes, the creator is Japanese.
>>
>>17307545
Fucking American brainlet execs ruining everything. These are the same kind of people who get wet at the idea of giving Boba Fett an origin story.
>>
>>17307545
>More action
Did a single episode not have action? I remember it having a very reliable monster of the week format.
>>
>>17307615
Megazone 23. 80s Tokyo is really just a giant spaceship that fled from a ruined Earth, and now they're a at war with another spaceship that's a century more advanced than they are.
>>
>>17309621
Finale of Season 1 doesn't have a robot battle, though it does have an action sequence at the end.
>>
>>17307545
This bothers me cause what he's saying is some spot on shit but I also really enjoyed the ending. Like it was totally unnecessary but it was also great.
>>
my big o chogokin arrived and its cool
>>
File: Tomato.jpg (55 KB, 499x695)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>17307545
>Not liking endings
As expected of a tomato
>>
>>17307545
Fucking CN. I would've preferred what he had in mind over the ending we got.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.