[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 76 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

Would you rather they continue the Fighters series, the Divers series, or they make a new series altogether?
>>
>>17305236
I'd rather they stop bothering with Build entirely. OG Fighters was a fluke and it's clear Sunrise isn't willing to put in the effort to make a good Build show anymore.
>>
>>17305236
If they can make another season of Divers with the same characters facing a new crisis (Like griefers using titans suits, a new mass diver like Sarah born from the collective hatred of imageboards, etc), I'd watch the shit out of it. Alternatively they should just make an isekai series where an otaku falls asleep and wakes up to find he's a mobile suit pilot and he has a hangar full of his custom gunpla as actual MS.
>>
>>17305236
More non-Try battlogue. Especially if they follow up on the first episode with cross-series pilot AI in custom ms.
>>
>>17305236
None. No full series outside of the original was good.
>>17305255
Or this. If it's like the first and last one. I expected that series to be dream matchups of characters across series and instead we got retarded Try shilling.
>>
>>17305264
Meijin vs Operator triplets was also cool.
>>
>>17305255
But the Try episodes were the best.
>>
>>17305249
>OG Fighters was a fluke
>>17305264
>No full series outside of the original was good.
Both Try and Divers are by the same director though, so maybe he's the problem.
>>
>>17305316
Or he had more freedom with the original show. After it was so successful Sunrise could have become more hands on.
>>
>>17305333
Watada wasn't involved in the original BF. He was brought on as director for Try because Nagasaki had already been contracted to work on mha and wasn't available. Try was actually Watada's first full series as head director.
>>
>>17305345
I misread that post. Thought it said all 3 had the same director. But yeah, if the two by the same director are bad then he and whoever is overseeing him are the first issues to look at.
>>
>>17305354
The fact that he was a newbie and was one of the only key staff changes are red flags. In fairness though Try had an insanely rushed production period of like 6 months from concept to air date while most anime have like 1-2 years. Island wars kind of solidified that he's crap though since there was no rush on that and its one of the worst gundam OVAs ever. Like its all of try's problems but condensed into half an hour with a lame knockoff of the final battle of S1 tacked onto the end.
>>
File: 0808 by ontaros - 1.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1000)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>17305236
I actually want another Divers.
Given the presence of AI and artificial characters in the game, I think it would be really cool if we got a plot where the Gundam NPC's started turning self-aware and shortly after launch a full scale takeover of the system.
The main source of contention here is that at this point in time GBN as a social media network has become so widespread, that taking complete control would have serious real world consequences. (Dumb but hey, it's a kid's show)
Even better, have Char leading the AI's, but have the main cast aided by "hero" AI's like Setsuna who want to stop Char.
>>
>>17305387
Can even have a bit where said "Hero AI" has a speech about knowing their past is fiction, but their desire to do good being real.
Also a sad scene at the end with the AI slowly vanishing from the system after a forced reset, with Amuro telling Riku and co. he's glad to have met them all.
>>
>>17305316
GBF was Kenji Nagasaki
GBF TRY was Shinya Watada, who also did Divers
>>
>>17305387
Having a bunch of self aware AI pop up would create instant issues on its own. Sarah's file was so big it was slowing down and fucking up every server she visited even prior to the Sarah factor connecting her to every server at once. Having multiple AI like her around would probably just instantly crash the server they're on.
>>
>>17305412
They're only psuedo ai's though, with most of their personality being based off of their character history.
We can also justify the memory load by stating at this point in time, GBN has become so widespread that their server facilities have been massively increased to support all potential users and operations. With said facilities also being connected to other companies due to integration of sorts, including that of social media.
Hell, include a throwaway line mentioning support towards GBN from the GBD equivalent of Google.

Makes the AI not only a problem for GBN, but also for the rest of the internet.
and yes I did play Megaman EXE.
>>
>>17305255
I wanted more AI vs AI fights, with even more VA humor.
GRAHAM AKER VS IO FLEMMING.
>>
>>17305442
>Character voiced by Sugita
>Nobody knows who he is.
>>
>>17305236
Its time to stop, unless they do a dream fight web series like that one web episode, give it a break for a while and make a new AU.
>>
>>17305387
>>17305408
Divers has a garbage cast. They don't need to be brought back.
>>
I loved Build divers.
>>
File: MAXIMUM KEK.gif (336 KB, 320x240)
336 KB
336 KB GIF
>>17305253
>a new mass diver like Sarah born from the collective hatred of imageboards
>>
>>17305236
>>17305255
Would like to see the Amazing Full Amazing Strike Freedom ( Meijin Kawaguchi ) vs 3 AI pilots
>>
>>17305410
Well yeah, that's what the post you quoted imply.
>>
Given that the Divers' sub was blocked in japan, and the show kept behind a paywall, I wonder how many people there actually watched the GBD.
Honestly what a retarded move on Sunrise's behalf.
>>
>>17305236
>a new series altogether?
Gundam und Panzer
>>
>>17305236
Alice's Counterattack
>>
I think the Divers series has plenty of potential left in it. You have a whole new server to explore, and with Riku and company's arc finished, you can easily devote time to a new cast.

I would not mind if Shinya Watada returned to direct, since it definitely feels as though he really learned from his mistakes with TRY.

I mean, You can probably attribute the overall better reception to Noboru Kimura being in charge of the story, but I feel like lessons were learned after the flop that was Build Fighters TRY.
>>
File: 1323424253565546.jpg (272 KB, 1188x872)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>17307824
>>
>>17305236
How about something that captures the spirit of the original? The fun of building gunpla and the gundam series.
From what i remember TRY just focused on not really good battles that just ended up as 1v1 (not even making good use of the 3v3 rule) with Sekai going JIGEN-whatever and one shooting the opponent and harem antiques.
Divers one the other hand just focused on a fictional game. Every episode was just fucking praising how great the game is with the actual gunpla building and gundam series just relegated to mecha design and name dropping. I would get it if the game was actually real and they advertised it but it doesnt make sense. It felt like they dropped the Gunpla part out of Gunpla battle.

>>17305255
This could be nice.
>>
>>17305236
one more Divers if just to see what is up with Sarah after becoming a toy
>>
>Start with idea of crossing over characters to battle each other
>Drop that idea and do something else
Dammit, you had the perfect formula right there and you just threw it right out the fucking window
>>
>>17308229
He said Divers, not Fighters.
Fighters got run into the ground with the creation of TRY.
>>
>>17308302
gundam va's are expensive and generally busy with other works
>>
>>17305236
GBF A
GBF AR
Animate both of those and give them 50 episodes each.
>>
>>17308263
Divers at least had a bit more gunpla than TRY at least.
>>
>>17305271
Kill yourself.
>>
Even with online thing in divers, the world still felt small and limited compared to fighters. I enjoyed the world tournament more in fighters since you get to see character all over the globe with their unique and fun gunpla. They should explore more fun concept in next divers season like server wars or more world wide events.
>>
File: 41845452.png (96 KB, 600x600)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>17309093

>50 episodes for AMEIJIN

Wouldn't that stretch out the story for too long since it was only 5 volumes at around 25 or so chapters? (Quality > Quantity everytime)

>tfw the translation for AMEIJIN will never be completed
>>
>>17307626
>and the show kept behind a paywall

It also aired on TV in Japan. A lot of anime fans in Japan record shit and watch it later if they can't watch it live for whatever reason.
>>
>>17309015
And half of them are dead or retired.
>>
>>17309197
while that's true, the average person is incredibly lazy. So there's no doubt the lack of accessibility impacted the show's viewership.
I mean compare watching a show at a certain hour to streaming it whenever.

When I was watching GBF, 90% of the time I was sat in my car and watching it on my phone because it aired before my morning courses. It helped that I wanted to watch it as soon as it came out to avoid spoilers, which is a sentiment I feel is shared by many others.
>>
>>17309093
Is the manga even good?
I mean it gave us the abominations that are the Amazing Strike Freedom and its Full Amazing version.
>>
File: DvUnBBAVYAEJQ0f.jpg orig.jpg (411 KB, 1986x2048)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
Real fuckin shame we never got an GP-Rase kit.
I mean it could have easily been used as an excuse to make an HG Physalis 2.0.
But then again Bandai would have probably cheaped out on the engineering like most of the Divers kits.
>>
File: DvUnBBDVAAAlg5Y.jpg orig.jpg (264 KB, 1515x2048)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>17309259
A DAMN SHAME
>>
File: 1549335983164.png (270 KB, 500x331)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>17307824
>I would not mind if Shinya Watada returned to direct
>>
>>17307626
>Given that the Divers' sub was blocked in japan, and the show kept behind a paywall
The fuck are you talking about? Elaborate.
>>
>>17309181
At least it didn't feel as small as in TRY(Though TRY barely had any foreigners).
>>
File: LOG by 596 - 6.png (176 KB, 411x300)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>17309409
You know how anyone could watch Build Fighters (and TRY) on youtube whenever?
Well the GBD videos that we can watch are blocked in japan, and you have to pay a fee to view them. Can't remember if it was a subscription, a one time thing, or a pay-per-episode kinda deal. In any case you had to pay money to watch the episodes, otherwise your only option is to catch it on tv (or torrent). It's why the viewcount isn't near the level of its predecessors.

>>17309411
To be fair it was a National tournament. But it wouldn't matter anyway since TRY's side-characters were so bland.
>>
>>17307824
>I would not mind if Shinya Watada returned to direct
Literally a battered housewife.
>>
>>17309454
Eh, GBD was a vast improvement over the Sekai wank that was TRY. 3rd times the charm right?
If GBD had near the same budget, I think people wouldn't be complaining as much.
>>
>>17309473
>3rd times the charm right?
I'm honestly struggling with thinking what to say to you. Build has already bled me dry. Have fun.
>>
>>17309493
With a 2nd season being confirmed, I suppose I'll have to anyhow.
>>
>>17309473
Diver was more of a "few steps forward, few steps backwards" kind of deal. It certainly felt like it had more fun with Gundam references instead of the tryhard tournament, but it also felt a ton more aimless. Since it was a VR setting, there's even less tension in Try where battle damage hardly existed, and the whole "true AI" plot just wasn't really that fun.
>>
>>17309423
Yeah at least some of the characters in divers stood out if only for weird character avatars.I am one of the few guys who had fun with divers.
>>
>>17309496
It's hard to tell if it's a second season or a "second" season like TRY.
>>
>>17309530
I sure hope it's an actual second Season. I grew to like Riku by the end of the show.
>>
>>17309521
I found it to be a fairly relaxing show, despite it's flaws. I also appreciated the accurate depiction of daily life in an MMO
>>
>>17309521
>Yeah at least some of the characters in divers stood out if only for weird character avatars
Found the homosexual animal fucker. I'm calling you a disgusting furfag in case you're also a mongoloid that doesn't understand.
>>
File: 73249323_p8.jpg (299 KB, 850x1200)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>17309697
huh- what was that?
Sorry, I was to busy being a giant flaming furry homo to listen to your bitching.
>>
Why haven't they localized it for western audiences?
>Riku=Rick
>Yuki=Ricky
>Momo = Moe (tranny)
>Ayame = Ayame (Muslim)
>Sarah = Sarah18 (she's over 18)
>Nami = Nancy
>KO-1 = KO-1 (pronounced kay-oh-wan)
>>
>>17309194
He's not god tier yet in GBF A ( before GBF )?
He's god tier from GBF to GBF AR though
>>
>>17310138
>He's not god tier yet in GBF A
>Took on his entire class at once while only using an unarmed hobby hizack.
>Won.
>>
>>17309755
>>Yuki=Ricky
More like Yuki=Yucky

>Ayame = Ayame (Muslim)
Not black? with dreadlocks? Are you sure? Not very progressive of you, friend...
>>
I'd want them to reset things to zero since Drivers is boring as a base concept and it's to late to go back to Fighters. Bouncing off what >>17305253
said, I think an isekai could work.
>13 regional finalists show up to a tournament
>As soon as they set their gunpla they're engulfed in a white light
>They wake up in their Mobile Suits, now 1/1 scale and fully functional
>The universe they've been transported to has just started their MS development program, but has colonized the entire solar system so we can have a greater variety of fights.
>The MCs suits would be OP but would consume a lot of power and be hard to repair.
>Newtypes would exist, but as a result of gene modding to survive on other planets/moons leading to a greater variety of powers and monster girls
>A few of the finalists are captured/join sides in the brewing conflict, allowing the natives to start reverse engineering all of the gonzo tech from across the Gundam multiverse.
>The main cast would form a neutral force dedicated to figuring out what the fuck's going on and how to get back home.
>>
>>17310244
>Cliche isekai setup with OP protagonists.
>They form a nuetral group in the end like in SEED.

Good god no.
>>
>>17310300
They'd only be OP at the start, but would have trouble later on maintain their suits in a universe with a lower tech level.
Also
>Implying an generic sounding set up and SEED vibes wouldn't make the Japanese eat it up.
>>
>Gundam Build Riders
It's not the the original Build, Try, or Divers. But we're back to the original 1 on 1 fights and the odd special events.
>>
>>17309563
>>17309644
I would like at least like for Riku and Sarah to appear and fight new protagonists if we get new protags.
>>17309697
I was talking more about the Haru avatars and ninja outfits. But yes even the furries stood out you closet furfag.
>>
>>17310467
Please a racing tournament would be even less of a 1 vs 1.
>>
S2 will be about making Sarah a real girl, and inadvertently turning her into a digital god.
>>
I enjoyed Divers show more than Try, but that's not fucking saying much.
>>
>>17310244
Sounds terrible like nearly every other isekai.
>>
They should stop pretending that world/character building matters in their toy commercial and just have a dumb dream match where not-Amuro makes a not-RX-78-2 and fights not-Domon, not-Heero, not-Loran etc.
>>
>>17309709
>the oil baron has a doujin

wat? all I found was the gangbang on best doggo
>>
>>17310918
hasn't been scanned
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=73249323
>>
File: 71007914_p4.jpg (350 KB, 850x1200)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
I just think the art's cute
>>
>>17310154
So that's like even better than the ball vs 5?
>>
>>17311528

Especially when he basically had to Gunpla Battle for three straight hours
>>
>>17310647
>I was talking more about the Haru avatars and ninja outfits.
Nice save furfag. We totally don't suspect you or anything.
>>
>>17312005
Whatever floats your boat closet furfag.
>>
>>17311958
Did he steal weapons for this or just no weapons entire time?
>>
>>17311958
GBF Amazing was written by the guy who created Fon Spaak. It's no surprise Meijin would be written this ridiculously overpowered.

>>17312088
Combination of hand-2-hand and stealing weapons.
>>
>>17312113
He's supposed to be the absolute best of all time, no?
>>
>>17312125
Yeah but winning against 32 (I think) other fighters is dumb, as all they would have to do is keep distance and fire at him from all angles.
Then again in the manga they just rush him, so maybe the other students are complete trash fighters.

In any case if he were as "skilled" as he was in the manga, there would have been no chance of Sei winning their final match.
>>
>>17312140
He wasn't in the right mindset in the final match ( and I think it was Reiji controlling )
>>
>>17312027
If you say so furfag :^)
>>
>>17305387

I saw only the first episode of diver and am glade i skip it, this girls have no ass.
>>
>>17312325
please don't defend the creator of Fon Spaak, nor his terrible writing.
>>
>>17312113

>Implying Fon Spark is the only thing from him that is considered "out of control"

You are also forgetting he was responsible for the SEED Astray series as well, where things spiralled after Destiny Astray with all the crazy ass Mars, Carbon Human, and more crazy Astray Frames bullshit
>>
>>17305236
How about if they made a Gundam Build show, but instead of being about an eSport, it was just about people actually piloting actual robots?
>>
>>17305236
I want them to continue with the Gundam Build sub-franchise for a selfish purpose: I want them to expand and focus on Gunpla kits meant for kitbashing, customization, and accessory kits, something that Bandai has avoided like the plague for no good reason while Kotobukiya has embraced it wholeheartedly.

The series after OG GBF suck ass though. Sunrise can worry about that shit; Bandai just needs to keep pumping out new, fun variations of kits they already made for me.
>>
>>17313712
>Carbon Humans
>There's even a Seed version of the Puru clones
what is this garbage
>>
The main draw of GBF was seeing old suits for the first time in years doing things they never could before.
>Strike Gundam with Shining Finger and Summon Swords
>Wing Gundam on a motorcycle
>A Gouf MAKING SPACE TORNADOS
The next two shows were just Exias and Zetas forever or OCs that nobody cared about.
>>
File: Tryon3sword.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>17305271
TryOn 3 is the hero we deserve.

Just get somebody competent in the helm, get Obari to sign a deal since he loved doing the Tryon stuff and have them make a 25 episode series dealing with guys that go ultra absurd with their PlaMos by making them into either Brave Gundams or other flavours of Super Robots.

And since we got Jonathan's VA to voice Sekai, throw Sugita and other JoJo actors to have a double whammy of Gundam and JoJo references since their voice actors cross over way too much these days.I miss Unsho Ishizuka
>>
>>17313717
And there was some sort of war, and the child MC has special abilities so he's better than the trained adult pilots?
>>
>>17313737
>Summon Swords
wtf are you talking about.
>>
>>17313726
SEED always had clones.
>>
File: Vs_lily.jpg (60 KB, 512x451)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>17315042
No you don't get it.
There's a SEED ripoff of the Puru clones
>>
>>17315050
>Lily Ofthevalley
Even by stupid name standards that's a stupid name.
>>
File: photo_012en.jpg (214 KB, 700x400)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>17315050
Oh. Well, she's cute so it's fine.
>>
>>17310244
Cease.

>>17313737
Also they had FUN.

>"We MUST win this tournament!"
>"Argh my plastic model kit super mode damages my body!"
>"Argh my massive online plastic model kit game has developed an AI that is killing the server!"
>>
>>17315068
>>17315050
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
File: htr.jpg (51 KB, 704x480)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
No, you know what time it really is..

the next G tournament! READYYYY GO!
>>
>>17316676
Let's split the difference and make a G-Gundam sequel, but this time they're fighting with GBF-style homage MS instead of "wacky" Gundams.
>>
>>17305387
they give her boobs but not the other
>>
>>17316676
You know what would be cool.
If they made Divers a canon sequel to G Gundam, and GBD and GBN are just mobile trace derivatives.
>>
>>17305236
Divers, but a new cast. I think the virtual world could lend itself to cool stories.
>>
>>17318283
As long as Riku and Sarah fight the new protags once or twice and don't just have shitty cameos.
>>
>>17318283
Only if they base the MC suits on villain-faction suits:
>Mk. V for the lead
>Vayaete for the heavy gunner
>Barbatos Lupus for the meleefag
>>
>>17318301
>Baund Doc or Woundwort based support character because it's the only way either kit will ever get a retail release
>>
>>17318301
Scratch that, Graze Ein with a Lupus Rex backpack and tail for melee.
>>17318310
>Woundwort or Baund Doc
I could actually see those for a character with a gothic lolita aesthetic, maybe give the Baund Doc some kind of umbrella-shield/laser-lance combo for a weapon, that or give the Woundwort a skirt made out of funnels.
>>
>>17318301
>HGBD Vayaete
Oh man, I want this
>>
File: HRRKKK.png (543 KB, 680x680)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>17318340
>gothic lolita
>woundwort
Thank GOODNESS this will NEVER be real, because that is some serious toilet-moe shit-tier levels of taste.
>>
Divers was fun. I'd watch more of it.
>>
>>17318301
Good ideas anon, let me add mine (I know its shit)
>pink-and-white Virsago with a flower-shaped Mega Sonic cannon, Destiny-style wings, cute snake hands and grenades based on Farsia flower funnels for the female lead
yes please
>>
>>17315203
>The girl I like is actually a former orphan and a bunch of scientists are forcing her to use a painful system that drives her insane to make her fight good.
>My fun battle game is actually run by a crazy otherworlder using a magic crystal and he's mind controling my rival!
>The crystal that powers the game is going to explode and kill a bunch of people!

BF had its share of not-fun serious moments too. Hell, the first episode starts off with the MC being bullied and humiliated in front of customers, having his gupla broken, and being told repeatedly he sucks at gunpla battle.
>>
>>17318748
have you seen the ugly piece of shit they call the woundwort, what else would it end up as in a build series
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (171 KB, 800x800)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>17318946
>woundwort
>ugly
You don't have to broadcast that your tastes are pure, concentrated, volcanic diarrhea. We can already tell that from your incredibly unique opinions.
>>
File: 82yhgvwohg2adb.png (1.34 MB, 1707x2048)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>17318946
>not thinking woundwort is sexy
Are you gay? or some kind of blind furfag pony lover that misclicked /m/ instead of >>>/mlp/?
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (211 KB, 909x720)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>17318946
>calling best aoz design ugly
gross. begone plebian faggot. back to >>>/a/ / >>>/v/ or whatever reddit toilet you came from.
>>
>>17318946
>have you seen the ugly piece of shit they call the woundwort
said nobody ever.
>>
File: 20u902ugi.jpg (86 KB, 1000x800)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>17318946
>>
>>17310244
this feels like Valverape and that's not a kids show anymore
>>
>>17305333
It's so very obvious to me that they're min maxing the budget the sell as much gunpla as possible.

They just need to minimize the characters and make it a tournament thing and toss a little money at them to make something fun. Even the battlelogues were more fun than Divers.

The director must be shit too
>>
>>17309259
>>17309260

Every suit I really wanted didn't get a gunpla.

The cowboy tequila, this guy. Instead we got like 2 shitty impulses
>>
>>17309259
>>17309260
Just realized they only picked gp02 as Ogre's upgrade is because of a pun.
>>
>>17319174
Bandai is really dead set on trying to sell an impulse variant. Its shown up in all 3 build series in some way.
>hg Ninpulse
>The impulse hgbc to make those 2 hideous impulse customs gyankos friends use
>The range and melee impulses from Divers.

And from what I've seen they've all been relatively unpopular. This is what they get for making one of the only two good impulses a p-bandai.
>>
>>17319170
>The director must be shit too

It's Watada, a newbie who in terms of being main director of a full series has only worked on Try (which was terrible), including the Try island wars ova (which is the worst thing to come out of the build series and is a top contender for worst gundam animated entry outright). Divers is actually the least terrible thing he's made.
>>
I havent heard anything new about Fighters or Divers. Are the series getting canceled?
I'd like to get some Battle Logs, even if they are garbage because it means new kits, sometimes of suits that don't have an HG base yet.
>>
>>17319306
Divers S2 was confirmed at the end of last year. It's probably coming in the fall so don't expect any real news or updates until like early summer.
>>
File: 1552758677299.jpg (35 KB, 341x354)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>17319224
>making one of the only two good impulses a p-bandai
Wow... What the fuck are you talking about?? There's only 1 "HGBC" Impulse and that's the Ninpulse itself. Then there's the two HGBD Impulses and The P-Bandai Sword & Blast Impulse.

What other "good impulse" were you thinking of?
>>
>>17319419
There are more hg impulses than just the fighters/divers ones and I never said the good ones were from those series. Use your brain a little.
>>
>>17319419
>>17319430
Also, the ninpulse is hgbf. Hgbc is "High grade build custom" and is the line of part/weapon packs paired with the build series. The impulse hgbc was the "Northern Pod" set which was specifically made to be used as conversion parts for the hgce force impulse.
>>
Ogre was cool.
>>
>>17318748
Woundwort is a cute girl with a massive ass in Gundam form, it was built to wear one of those Victorian style dresses that gave girls an ass big enough to use as a shelf.
>>
>>17320026
A sophisticated Victorian Petticoat ≠ absolutelydisgusting.jpg-tier japanese gothic lolita moefaggot dresses. Not knowing the difference completely invalidates your opinion.
>>
>>17319906
>Ogre was lame
Fixed
>>
>>17319906
Ogre was cool, but I thought it was hilarious how he immediately got his ass whooped the moment he went up against Kyoya.
I wouldn't mind a Battlogue ONA centered around either of the two.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 200x207)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>17320026
>massive ass
It's a giant rabbit tail. She's the flagship bunnybot... she was made to resemble a rabbit. Woundwort? Hrududu? Watership Down? Titans Test Team motifs are rabbits? Try to keep up...
>>
File: G5055581.jpg (157 KB, 1200x1200)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>17305236
If there is a sequel to Divers, I hope no one steals Gunpla Sarah and tries to do weird things with her. I know I'm overthinking it but still.
>>
>>17305253
>a new mass diver like Sarah born from the collective hatred of imageboards
This unironically has potential for a new Divers series
>>
>>17319234
Try is terrible because it used up the full potential of the build fighters universe.
>>
>>17320143
That's hardly the only reason why TRY was abysmal.
http://absolutelyalvaaron.tumblr.com/post/178583558696/gundam-build-divers-or-how-i-learned-to-forgive#notes
>>
to bad gunple doesn't actually work like this, most of the peace don't mix well with others.
>>
>>17320205
they aren't legos. You need to scratch build parts, or pull out some putty and liquid cement. But I think kitbashing for HGs is pretty easy, especially newer ones and especially if they are the same size.

Being a Wing fag is suffering, because 90s suits are smaller than most. And there aren't that many Wing, G or X kits.
>>
>>17320205
Even in show the gunpla aren't just partswapped. They have scratchbuilt parts and modded connections.
>>
>>17320088
>A sophisticated Victorian Petticoat ≠ absolutelydisgusting.jpg-tier japanese gothic lolita moefaggot dresses.
I know that, but the gothic lolita look is inspired by the Victorian era and is more likely to show up in a modern Japan equivalent than an authentic Victorian-style design which is why I defaulted to it.

>>17320118
>Watership Down?
So show me where in the book it says General Woundwort looks like a particularly feminine rabbit with a huge tail. On a humanoid frame it looks like a massive ass which is why I said it, and at best the suits have names that sound cool but have nothing to do with the character/rabbits, or are you going to tell me that Fiver a.k.a. Hrairoo was known for being a fast and heavy-hitting fighter? The closest a suit came to its book namesake is the Kehaar being able to fly and fight.
>>
Build as a concept should continue. It offers neat takes on suits, it requires no plot reasons to pit anything against anything from the entire decades old franchise, and it does so without the usual antiwar malarky.
The one thing that needs to be addressed the most is one-off major suits such as the M91 and NoName. Yes it's a commercial, but come on.

Now as for the existing shows, it's Try>Divers>GBF. Like others have said, Try suffers from too much Jigen Haro. Build Burning should had been using flaming punches and kicks instead. His fight with the boxer kid was one of the best fights in the history of gundam. The characters were enjoyable, even Sekai who was fairly monodimensional.
Divers' biggest issue was that it had much too little combat in it.
GBF was crap. The only enjoyable character was the italian guy. Everyone else was bland and forgettable at best, and didn't mesh with eachother. The story had horrible flow. Most of the suits were meh, with the main one being worse than the one it was based on. It should be forgotten.
>>
>>17320250
>Being a Wing fag is suffering,
try being a g-recofag
>>
>>17320375
there's a decent number of HGs, and aren't they the same size as most UC kits so you can use parts and weapons?
>>
>>17320250
Wing has alot of modern small sized kits to make use of, especially with how much Wing Gundam itself is re-printed ad infinitum, in lines such as Age. Hell, check out the custom in link below. And they are getting prints of everything, including their long awaited and even obscure grunts too. G, X, and Victoryfags really are screwed especially with how original BF had a fucking antagonist V suit in it but Bandai did not make a mold for it AT ALL despite having the original mold and printing literally everything else. I am mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLxqfAi0B8M
>>
>>17320650
>>17320510
>>17320375
>>17320374
Riku needs to bear Sarah's children.
>>
File: SarahMobile.jpg (263 KB, 1200x759)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>17320123
Why did it take until HG Sarah for Bandai to figure out we wanted our girl ms gunpla to have cute robot faces(and also a decent human face).
>>
>>17320801
They planned it out for Sarah from the get-go while Fumina was a rush job.
>>
File: Ogre.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>17320105
Kyoya was the champ. It just shows how big the pond of BF really is when even a guy like Ogre isn't close to top dog and needs to tag team with Riku who also still has a long way to go to compete with guys like Tiger Wolf.
>>
I just want more gunpla shows, divers inspired me enough to make my own custom which turned out pretty good for a newbie like myself
>>
File: Gaplant-ii.jpg (377 KB, 1024x878)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>17320118

Woundwort stops being feminine when they keep adding stuff to her.
>>
>>17320650
90s NG kits are garbage though, the earlier NG victory kits are better than the later G, Wing, and X kits in terms of quality. Wing is finally starting to get some HG love tho.

>>17320929
Same, not to mention the HG Build Custom line sometimes offers some decent stuff (though most of it sub-free campaign part quality.)
>>
File: mrw.png (429 KB, 665x424)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
Unpopular opinion. I like Fighters, and Try, but I really dont care for the MMO bullshit Divers is.
>>
>>17321128
liking Try is the only part of that that is unpopular (and wrong)
>>
File: This_kills_the_zam.jpg (38 KB, 415x640)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>17321137
Sorry, I do.
>>
>>17321152
At least you have good taste in /m/ relevant images, anon. That's something.
>>
>>17321128
>liking Try
Just fucking kill yourself haremshitfag.
>>
File: karen1.gif (322 KB, 640x480)
322 KB
322 KB GIF
>>17321163
You assume I paid attention to the parts with the lovey shit and didnt watch it for the battles.
>>
>>17321173
>Try
>Battles
Most of the fights weren't good either, Amigo, outside some exceptions like Tryon3 and Crossbone fights (if you ignore the end where the plot forces them to job).
>>
>>17321173
The battles were garbage. You only need to watch one to see how all of them will play out.

>Oh man these guys are strong, what should we do?
>*water drop*
>Jigen Haō-Ryū ....
>*booom!!*
wow so great
>>
>>17321092
They always come up with interesting HGBC stuff, makes for great builds
>>
>>17321195
Come now anon, you forgot the part where
>3v3 is just 1v1s but lazier
>Yuuma goes all keikaku and pretends to be useful
>Fumina jobs without ever being useful
>>
File: Queen.png (1.16 MB, 850x1133)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>17321188
Alright, Idk what you expect me to tell you, I can't change how you feel and you won't change my enjoyment of something based on factors that other people, including yourself, good sir, don't like about it.

I respect your right to hate Try and Divers if you so choose, but I won't attempt to convince you to feel the way I do. That is not admirable. I still respect you as a fellow /m/echa lover.
>>
>>17321210
Alright, sure, but would you like to talk about the battles that you liked so people can see how and why you feel the way you do anon? If say ignoring the ones I brought up, which ones did you find to be good and or/enjoyed. And why.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (42 KB, 720x480)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>17321195
>You only need to watch one to see how all of them will play out.

This is LITERALLY any good guy vs bad guys anime in the history of forever.

>"Why even watch this? Good guy wins lmao."
>>
>>17321199
This is part of why I far preferred Divers over TRY.
Actual teamwork, and forethought when it comes to battles. The only force battle in which Riku won the match was Lotus Challenge; and even then they wouldn't have won without Koichi's scratchbuild shuttle.
>>
>>17321212
>Alright, sure, but would you like to talk about the battles that you liked so people can see how and why you feel the way you do anon? If say ignoring the ones I brought up, which ones did you find to be good and or/enjoyed. And why.

Would it even make a difference? A lot of people here don't like it, and almost surely with 100% confidence, I would not change someones mind.
>>
>>17321237
I am not looking to have my mind changed, only to see and try to experience your feelings and views. I want to know how YOU feel and why to try and relate, even if I disagree.
>>
>>17321237
Although I vehemently dislike TRY, I thought Tryon3's battle was mad hype until the director realized China's brother had to win and handed Minato the idiot card.
>Yes let's waste BOTH of our arms to blow up a backpack that could have just been shot down, and then engage in close combat despite not having arms.
>>
>>17321219
There is a difference in how a battle plays out, and its ultimate result.

>Oh man I wonder how they are going to beat these guys, they're going to have to try some new tactic
vs
>So when is he just going to use his flame power and beat these so we can move on to the next boring predictable battle
>>
>>17321254
Honestly I didn't mind that part, it was the part in the end I disliked:
>Ok I won the fight, but I am going to purposely drain my power supply and let him win because that's what a real man does :)))
>>
File: 1490753392609.jpg (562 KB, 762x991)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>17321242
I really can't explain with an answer that everyone here would accept as a "good" answer. I don't really know how to explain it. I guess it is just my inner kid coming out? Like, I sat here watching both fighters and try the whole time saying "God I hope that we can battle like this with Gunpla one day" And just battles like Lucas Nemesis making Celestial Sphere look like beginners with what looks like a straight build just had me on the edge of my seat. Or even the Renato brothers guerilla warfare made me smile at the use of "tactics".
Some of the Gunpla in the shows also made me enjoy it, I guess. Like I said, I don't really have good answers.
>>
>>17321259
Not really his fault since his teammates told him to fight China's brother and cheered him on.
Also I'm watching the battle again and oh boy does the battle piss me off.
>Minato: Y-You're so Strong.
>When China's brother only won because he had the luck to land next to his rifle when getting blown up.

China's brother is the shittiest character in all of the Build series next to Sekai.
>>
>>17321273
That's fine, thank you for sharing anon.
I'd really appreciate it if you went really into talking about the battles abit more, but that's fine too. Sometimes I like certain shows with no real explanation as well.
>>
>>17320181
>In fact Tsukasa’s entire rant about GBN is so transparent that even K1 calls him out for it. After all it’s merely a cover for his real desire, which is to return things to the way they were before. His anger being the result of having to watch his friends leave one by one as the doors closed on GPD. If you pay attention to Koichi’s dream, you’ll notice that Tsukasa is the very last one to leave the team before Koichi; showing that even to the end Tsuksasa was hoping they would all stay together.

Tsukasa was a tsundere all along
>>
File: woke.jpg (9 KB, 200x200)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>17321282
Like one thing that I thought was fucking awesome was the surprise heat dagger from Crossbones foot in the Lucas fight, just when Saga thought he had him, No, fuck you have a hidden dagger right to the abdomen. Or when the Renato brothers made miniature anti mobule suit teams to fit into another miniature, that was awesome. But its things like that.
>>
I don't really care what they use as long as there's plenty of mecha fanservice crossover battles. Don't care for some misguided attempt at plot, just people enjoying and competing at their goddamn hobby is fine.
>>
>>17321128
You lose any credibility for liking Try.
>>
File: Dxsm6gVUcAAyH7A.jpg (21 KB, 523x447)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>17321361
>You lose any credibility for liking Try.
>>
>>17320181
>>17321295
I just realized that instead of waifu bait, GBD was full of yaoi bait.
But then again Magee's presence should have made that obvious.
>>
File: XXXG-00W0FF.jpg (338 KB, 750x1025)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>17305236
Could they do a series with the honoo units?
>>
>>17321385
Just gonna ignore the cute titty ninja then.
>>
File: approval..gif (1.93 MB, 235x240)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>17321386
I kinda like that unit
>>
>>17321390
That's like one waifu. Unless you count the ladys from Hyakki and Avalon.
>>
>>17321396
Momo's pretty cute, and there's also Sara who is literally a waifu willed into existence because of gunpla autism.

And, uh...Miss Tori.
>>
>>17321405
I suppose. Personally I consider Momo and Sarah to be daughter material more than waifu.
>>
File: Magee is the best.png (1.09 MB, 1280x720)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>17321452
forgot image
>>
>>17321392
>>
File: XXXG-00W0FF.png (432 KB, 582x460)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>17321386
>>
File: 1323401751549.jpg (104 KB, 740x740)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>17321371
>>
>>17321392
>likes try
>likes sekai a.k.a. shitty plot armor punch and kick things harder with some extra fire to win
Of course you would. You clearly have shit tastes.
>>
File: Sarah-chan.png (455 KB, 634x718)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
If you had control over the production and direction of GBD, how would you personally change it?
It still has to take place in a Gundam VRMMO though.
>>
>>17321747
give it some more budget
>>
>>17321747
More suits based of suits without kits/without modern kits so Bandai has to make the kits:
>Support-spec Mercurius/Virgo
>Beam-spammer Taurus/Ga-Zowmn
>Melee-brawler Bolinoak/Scorpio
>>
>>17321747
I would just throw like A SHITLOAD of money at Obari and see whatever happens, happens.
>>
File: Terminate yourself.jpg (19 KB, 300x308)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>17322079
So basically more bullshit like Try where the harder the protag punches or kicks the more likely he'll win? Where he never loses not once and has absolutely no character development from not learning from his failures? Where all his techniques have to be broadcasted and recyled to the point that they get super old and SUPER fucking annoying to hear after the 4th or 5th episode becase he has no fucking variety or adaptability?

Wow. That's genius.
>>
>>17319234
>Divers is actually the least terrible thing he's made.

That's what kills it for me. It's just so boring and then ends with disgusting otaku waifu bait. Like, they're just baiting lonely otakus to cum on theirgunpla now and not even trying to be not pathetic about it. At least when you cum on Iori's moms its its like fun or some shit. This was just...so sad and pathetic.
>>
File: 12567844.png (3.5 MB, 1897x1068)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
>>17322090
Divers had an episode like that vs Tigerwolf, no?
>>
File: Caledbwlch_Honoo.jpg (145 KB, 800x604)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>17321392
>>
I'd like to see a show where gunpla battles take place in a sandbox mmo similar to EVE, the protagonist and his buddies play as mercs who find themselves forced to take a side in an in-game war between player factions meanwhile in real life they go to school and socialize with their in-game "enemies"
>>
>>17322648
Riku lost that episode, man.
>>
>>17323279
And what a good episode it was
>>
>Thread filled with gay furries.
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>17322333
>disgusting otaku waifu bait
The sad part is that no one gives a fuck about the waifu in this show. Rinko and Fumina blew up. They transcended the show they came from. People who don't even watch Gundam know who they are. Artists who never draw Gundam drew them. Fumina was so big that they had to change how she dressed. Divers failed at that. They had a girl that looked just like Fumina and did nothing with her. They had a fucking titty ninja and did nothing with her. It failed at nearly everything and was just more 00 and SD pandering.
>>
>>17323296
People only liked Fumina for her spats. It may be a victory for the character designer but it certainly isn't a victory for the show.
>>
I feel like the world itself of Divers has a lot of potential, if only because you could tell the writers were very intimately familiar with the concept of MMOs and that was one of the strongest points of the show. Having an new cast and expanding on this in a different way might end up with a pretty great show.

A Gundam .Hack with an MMO twist is a great concept on paper. I have no shame in admitting that I wrote a little of one myself using the world itself
>>
>>17323311
People like Fumina for a variety of reasons. Her tits get more focus than her spats in art.
>>
>>17323661
She looks better even fully clothed, right?
>>
>>17322648
Football!
>>
>>17324181
Fumina has cool clothes. I wish she wore the school uniform more. Spats under skirts are sexy as hell.
>>
>>17322648
1 episode versus 90% of try with higenchicken super attack instant win
>>
>>17324345
She just looks way cuter and the voice seems nice
>>
Diver needed more budget and the Music from GBF/Try.

The world was great and just needed a bit more push, other than furries I would have loved to see more Mecha musmes or SD Gundams as player avatars
>>
>>17323283
>>17323283
Probably one of the few furries I like in fiction.
>>
>>17323661
Yeah in looks. It's a win for the character designer. Too bad the show itself ruined any potential for her character.
>>
Divers but with Ayame as the lead character.
>>
>>17324456
Her Arc is already completed sadly.
>>
>>17324456
Divers but Koichi as the main with Ayame as the love interest
>>
>>17324456
Divers but ignoring the current cast entirely and focusing on the inner workings of the game from a different aspect, like one managing a much larger Force like Kyouya's
>>
>>17324425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t5jqZ1sB0s

Something like that?

>>17324480
Bring back the old cast instead?
>>
File: 1550424665425.png (150 KB, 500x543)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>17324469
my nigga
>>
File: Gundam F9ノ1.jpg (173 KB, 1024x724)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>17324456
>>17324480
Divers but a spinoff continuing from the Prologue episode, focusing on the adventures of the origins of Champ Kyoya, Rommel, Magee, Tiger Wolf & Shary's forces. And special story expansion on the origins of Koichi, Nami's life pre-GBN & Ayame's early GBN life pre-Chat Noir when she was still using pic related.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.