[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: dkkmjfbvyaaaiqj.jpg (167 KB, 852x1200)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
So how was this? Never heard much about it
>>
File: okuda_ginei.jpg (99 KB, 674x677)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
It was yeah. Pretty much the same thing, but the visual design didn't quite capture the setting properly and it didn't have the world-building fluff moments the OVA added. It's apparently much closer to the LNs in that way, more concise I suppose but I think the OVA benefits from its newly expanded parts.
Also the von Musel eyelashes were atrocious.
>>
>>17231381
Pretty good, all things considered.

Some time within the realm of SOON we're supposed to get more DNT in the form of theatrical film compilation things kinda like how Yamato 2199 did it.
>>
>>17231381
I wasn't much of a fan of the new ship designs, particularly the Imperial ships look like something a bit too sci-fi for my taste.

As for the story, it's good, some things got changed here and there, it isn't as loyal to the novel as some said it would be.
Currently Yang has gotten more fleshing out than Reinhard in comparison to the original series, story has so far advanced at a faster pace than in the original yet somehow it feels sorta slow at times.

All in all, it's not bad.
>>
>>17231381
I watched a bit of it (mostly out of curiosity to see how Funi handled the dub), not bad despite the questionable character and ship design but at the same might as well just watch the original. Yeah DNT runs through the same material at a faster pace but the original is actually finished and benefits from the extra worldbuilding.
>>
>>17231381
It's alright. Agree with people saying that the ships look odd, disagree with the complaints the character designs have gotten though. They look just as generic as the original character designs did for their time, people (including myself) just prefer that aesthetic over the currently popular one.
>>
File: Logh McD.png (914 KB, 1280x1213)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
Design wise it took a few episodes to have it sink in but it's fairly solid.
It's just a modern remake. Sticks to the source material and sometimes goes the OVA route with some things. It's alright.
Fuck the change they made to the energy weapons, they should have kept the lasers.
>>
>>17232129
How was the dub?
>>
meh.
>>
>>17232599
>>
>>17232508
It's... not great. There's no German accents or anything like that and script bullshittery is kept to a minimum, but some of the delivery comes off as really forced and while I usually like them, I'm not sure I would have picked Ian Sinclair and Aaron Dismuke as my first casting choice for Yang and Reinhard. Maybe it fits better with the Japanese version of DNT, which I haven't seen, but it comes off really weird coming from being so used to the OVA's stellar Japanese voice acting. I honestly prefer that Ocean test dub for the OVA that's floating around on YouTube, I think their style would work well with the OVA.
>>
>>17231381
>So how was this?
Almost offensively boring.
>>
>>17231381
It turned out ok. So no buzz at all.
>>
I think it was pretty good. Far better than I, and dare I say most people expected. I didn't find character designs as bad as many people did, but I still think characters in the OVA looked better, and I didn't think character designs in OVA were something remarkable to begin with. I quite like how Yang looked tho. Voice cast was also good. I think Suzumura Kenichi as Yang and Miyano Mamoru as Reinhard did great job. CG battles and ships looked great too, as well as background art in space. Music was pretty weak tho. It was really basic. Classical scores suited the story far better. They could have come up with something better for this readaptation,
It is only the beginning and it will likely be a great anime once it finishes (if it ever finishes that is). Will it better than the OVAs at the end? Almost certainly not, but who knows.
>>
It was okay
>>
>>17235481
That's a very fair assessment there. It's ok and not as bad as some may have feared it was going to be, it has it's flaws and a pretty high measuring stick to stand up against. But definitely more rushed than the original.
>>
>>17231381
Better than expected, still not all that great, but still enjoyable none the less.
>>
File: 1525185247819.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Got way more shit than it deserved. I don't believe LOGH is a completely timeless masterpiece and I was happy to see it updated and with new designs. The character designs of the original were way better though, and I was disappointed with this line.
Also the ED is fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRL_orvqhsQ
>>
File: Out.jpg (54 KB, 640x480)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>17236495
>I don't believe LOGH is a completely timeless masterpiece
And you would be wrong.
>I was happy to see it updated and with new designs
This is true though, characters aside it was good.
>>
>>17236634
The original is carried by its source material. Surely you don't think the random jumps between animation styles are good, do you? A good chunk of the show looks like shit, even after they went back and redrew a ton of it.
>>
>>17231381
It was Mediocre. Bland and forgettable but not awful enough to even be trash. Only thing I think it did well was be closer to the LN but depending on who you talk that could be seen as a bad thing.

>>17236495
I'd have been happy with new designs if they had made decent designs
>>
>>17236144
Considering the format it was working with, I think DNT made great use of its allotted broadcast time.

Structuring each episode to primarily focus on the going ons of a single faction at a time made it so that DNT avoided the risk of just overloading the viewer in information, I thought it was a rather clever approach.
>>
>>17231381
Space Jam no basketto
>>
>>17232603
Is that LEvi form Snk?
>>
>>17236668
>A good chunk of the show looks like shit, even after they went back and redrew a ton of it
I can handle some QUALITY, especially if the writing is there.
I really wish I could watch LaserDisc LOGH without all the redraws in non hardsubbed AVI quality.
>>
Any word yet on the sequel movies?
>>
>>17239109
Besides that they are coming sometime this year, there's nothing new.
>>
>>17239185

Any announcement of a trailer?
>>
File: ELpKRUe.gif (3.13 MB, 450x254)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB GIF
>>17231381
shit music, cut about 75% of dialogue making character development zero, shit character designs everyone same face syndrome.

Tries to pander to fujushi, not realizing women don't care about politics.

The few battle scene is alright, but not worth sitting through 10 hours of garbage for 15 min of battles.

Original is way better. Better characters, in depth conversations, great voice actors, DAT MUSIC DOT JAY PEG OOOOOOH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTM7E4-DN0o

THere's zero piece of music in the remake come anywhere near that.
>>
File: 1272590172599.jpg (49 KB, 619x407)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
File: 1272590196525.jpg (5 KB, 326x248)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>
File: 1370121325033.jpg (51 KB, 621x437)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
A little duller because it turns out the OVA really knew when to add some extra fluff or side material content like Julian's observations. The OVA adding stuff like that one FPA soldier's PoV on the occupation of an Imperial planet is my favorite example of that so that was a bummer to see that skipped over.

As far as art direction goes, I have to admit DNT Frederica won me over. Her slowly maturing into her OVA look would be a great visual reference of time passing in the series. Just do that for everyone really, like Walter growing out his sick sideburns or something
>>
Was is just me, or did DNT change Kirchies' tactics during the Castrop Rebellion? Seems like they're changing some stuff to make the space battles actually more 3D.
>>
File: Dp_tXpcVYAAPTaV.jpg (166 KB, 962x989)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
BINAAARYYYYY
>>
>>17241189
>make the space battles actually more 3D.
For example, Kirchies surrounding Castrop with a sphere of ships, rather than a circle.
>>
>>17241189
>>17241201
And, of course, there wasn't originally a fleet battle with Castrop. Kirchies Seffl particled Castrop's Artimis' Necklace and the situation resolved itself. Honestly I'm seeing much more original content in DNT than in the OVA like >>17231394 , >>17232129, and >>17240308 said.
>>
>>17241189
A few things are revisited so far to kinda address minute retrospective weirdness inherent to the setting; Iserlohn's security actually bothers to try and do its job for once, when in book continuity no one bothers to card Schenkopf.
>>
>>17241251
Actually, the OVA's handling of the rebellion is original content through and through.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.