[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Most-
Domon: He's just a generally cool guy. I also really like his growth over the series.
Loran: I don't really like the pacifist schtick that much but he stays true to it for the most part and tries.
Amuro: I feel he's a pretty realistic optimisit. He admits that Humanity is flawed and that wars will happen, but he never will give up on them unlike how Char gives up on Humanity.

Least-
Kou: I feel he's a victim of bad writing as he comes off as a brat and he doesn't really accomplish anything at the end of the OVA.
Banagher: He just screams about "muh possibility" and gets everything handed to him. He also does the pacifist schtick really poorly as he still lets the Nahel Argama snipe the suits he disabled as well as the fact that FF just dies without Banagher getting his hands dirty.

I haven't watched SEED, IBO, or 08MS but I can tell I'll hate their MCs.
>>
>>17230774
>Banagher

This dude just really weirded me with how quickly he becomes obsessed with NotMineva.
>>
>>17230783
>NotMineva
Anon...
>>
File: 3B29Zx6.png (40 KB, 834x600)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>17230783
>NotMineva
Anon I...
>>
>>17230774
Most-
Amuro: Gets a lot of development throughout all the series he's been in. Consistent with his ideals and a great pilot.
Kamille: Probably the MC to have grown the most in his own show. Starts out abrat and becomes Obi Wan in ZZ.

Least-
Banagher and Judau: Both are Gary Stus
>>
>>17230856
>>17230783
There's nothing wrong with Banana other than his show being bad.
he's like Judau but with a good bit of Kamille's autism
>>
>>17231030
>nothing wrong with him
>a gary stu with autism
Why did you contradict yourself here?
>>
File: Pre_30_H.png (709 KB, 628x768)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
Most:
Uso, Shinn, Judeau, Bellri and Loran, Athrun

Least: Kira, Kou, Shiro, Kamille
>>
Most: Seabook, I just really like F91 for some, and Seabook has a pretty good character design. Kamille and Daryl Lorenz also come to mind
Worst:Banana Links, honestly feels like a worse version of Seabook. Judau is also boring and annoying
>>
>Most
Domon, Amuro, and Kamille
>Least
Kira and Mikazuki
>>
most liked
Amuro, Kamille, Domon, Garrod, Flit

Just flat don't like
Kira

Indifferent to an extreme
Mr. Links, something about the character always felt flat to me. I was never able to connect with him. He doesn't do anything to really tick me off though.
Mika, I couldn't even feel anything when he died. It wasn't even that I wanted Rustal to win, and tekkadan to get punished. In 50 episodes I felt I had no attachment to pull for the guy in any way. He felt kind of like a side character in victory dying. I just didn't care about him.
>>
>Most
Amuro
Shiro
Al and Bernie
>least
Banana, Kira
I don't get why people hate Kou Iraqi, granted there's not much to like either but he's got the chops and doesn't shower us with false pretenses
>>
File: Diamond-A-Amuro.png (286 KB, 387x590)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
Top Boys:
Amuro, Judeau, Loran
Least:
Most of the 00 Meisters didn't click with me, though original Lockon was cool.
>>17231283
Would like Seabook more, but there really isn't enough time in F91 to get much out of him.
>>
>>17230783
>NotMineva
Mate what
>>
File: Amurolecturedbyjudo.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>17230774
Amuro and Judau are my bros.
A shame they never officially met
they did in ZZ novels, though
>>
Most: Amuro, for reasons that have been stated above, and just because he and the Nu Gundam are the most badass pilot/mecha combo in the entire franchise.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Shinn. Mostly out of pity. Poor guy got completely shat on by his own series, it's nice when extended media treats him a bit better.
>>
like:
Amuro
Kamiiyu
Uso
Garoddo
Flit asuno
indifferent:
Gundam meisters
heero
dislike:
kio autismo
judou
mikazuki

haven't watched Turn A since I can't find downloadable BD that's not 50gb
>>
File: 1530483068482.jpg (542 KB, 2894x2157)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>17230774
Most:
Amuro
Kamiyu
Banana
Gundam
Least:
Kou
Kira
Murder manlet
>>17230783
>NotMineva
Anon did you actually watch Unicorn?
>>
>>17230774
Best Bois
Amuro
Usso
Bellri

The rest is Ok bois except for Mikazuki, He deserved the autistic bois
>>
>>17231311
Definitely not enough F91. I still love that movie (god the animation is just so good) but I agree with everyone that it needed it be a show since the pacing got weak in the second half
>>
>>17230774

>Amuro

am I the only one who like 0079 Amuro better than his CCA counterpart?

His kill or to be killed attitude, proving that he's the best gundam pilot and better than Char, proclaimed that he doesn't have anything to fight for. All of these are arguably more unique than trying to save humanity like he did in CCA
>>
>>17231517
I like both but I think the whole point was Char was a manchild who never grew up and couldn't get over Amuro beating him and killing his child-bride.

Even with a better suit Char got his ass handed to him.
>>
>>17231885

> better suit

The Nu and Sazabi were about as evenly matched as two different suits can be; especially two suits customized to suit pilot preferences. That is explicitly the point. Char leaked the psycoframe data so his suit wouldn't be better.
>>
File: 1520196019536.jpg (19 KB, 771x432)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>most:
-Amuro
-Kamille
-Lockon
-Daryl
-Io
-Bernie

Least:
-Kou
-Kira
-All the wing boys except Duo
>>
>>17230774
Most: Domon, Garrod, Judau, and Schwarz if he counts

Least: Murderzuki with Loran in second
>>
File: 1455814588231.jpg (715 KB, 864x1152)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>17232462
>hating on loran
that is rare
>>
>>17232479
He's a shit pilot. I also don't get the hate for Kira, the guy actually puts effort into what he does and has a functioning moral compass.
>>17232437
>-All the wing boys except Duo
He's the only bad character in Wing. Thanks for reminding me of the wise cracker with the ultra cheap mech. I'd say he'd make a better villain, but Rau exists so yeah.
>>
File: 1548915286239.jpg (27 KB, 480x246)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>17230819
>>17231325
>>17231446
>>17231440
DON'T SAY WEIRD STUFF ABOUT AUDREY
>>
>>17232437
>Io
your a man of taste
>>
>>17232496
Well of course he was a shit pilot, he was never trained.
>>
File: Heroes.jpg (82 KB, 621x633)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Most: Amuro, Domon, Garrod, Shinn (For how long he was in the lead), Asem, Kou, and Io

Least: Kira (Destiny), Banagher, Kio
>>
>>17232437
>How to have one of the most boring opinions possible.
>>
>>17231918
>Char leaked the psycoframe data so his suit wouldn't be better.
makes me laugh every time
>>
> Stays positive, continuously improves, tackles problems directly without being narrowminded, isn't prone to bipolar "treat everyone like a dick" episodes

Riku Mikami is the best gundam MC there is.
>>
>most
Domon, Shiro, Meisters, Shinn, Flit, Johnny Ridden
>least
Jewdough, Kira, Uso, Mikazuki and his eyebrows,
>>
File: 47389268_p0_master1200.jpg (238 KB, 477x600)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>Most
Bellri: I relate to Bellri in how broken he is on the inside no matter how much genki he puts on as a facade. I'm actually glad he doesn't hook up with anybody at the end because after everything he's been through, he really doesn't need it.

Flit:A lot of people only like Flit for genocide, but there's more to him than that. He cares about his loved ones just a bit more than he hates the vagans. It's this realization that makes me happy he gets redemption instead of turning into a shrieking idiot like Azrael.

Garrod: Garrod has a little bit of everything everyone else did done right. He starts out as selfish as Judau, devotes himself to protecting a girl he just met like Banagher, and like Kira learns to take a more pacifist approach to fighting. Garrod does all of these traits better by virtue of his environment constantly changing and forcing him to change with it into a person that can help get society back on it's feet.

>Least
Shinn: Spiteful little prick that only cares about himself.

Kira: He's boring. The only reason people like him is because power fantasy to self insert as.
>>
>>17232496
>He's a shit pilot.
He's really not. He pulls some pretty good shit (like karate-chopping that WaDom's hand off or grabbing that suit and using it to blow up the railgun on another during that assassination attempt on Diana) considering his mech is like 95% nonfunctional for most of the series.
>>
>>17234494

> Bellri
> broken inside

What? He's one of the most well adjusted protagonists in Gundam.
>>
>Liked
Amuro
Sei/Reiji
Domon
Setsuna
Loran

>Indifferent
Everyone else

>Dislike
Kira
Sekai

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.