[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1524054426258.jpg (134 KB, 675x960)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Hey there bros, how ya doing? enjoying any mecha lately? Just want make sure y'all are alright
>>
I'm good. I'm watching Egao no Daika and Orguss right now. Enjoying both a lot.
>>
>>17228281
What a coincidence, I finished Mellowlink just recently. Didn't like it much but I can see the appeal.

Planning on finally getting around to watching Victory Gundam one of the next days.
>>
>>17228281
Hasn't anyone told you curiosity is a feminine trait? Fuck off.
>>
>>17228292
Not every man has to be as miserable and boring as you, anon.
>>
File: 1549067566198.jpg (165 KB, 768x1024)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>17228281
Yeah man, been watching Egao no Daika, Iron-Blooded Orphans, 00 and 08th MS Team.
Life is fine enough as it can be.
>>
>>17228314
We all should.
>>
>>17228281
Getting through VOTOMS for the first time right now. Mixed feelings so far but that OP and ED make it more than worth it
>>
>>17228321
Every man made devices were mostly founded by men through their curiosity.
>inb4 "bu-but technonlogy was a mistake and we should live barbaric ways!"
Yeah stop using 4channel or even 4chan then, go orchestrate some crusade or something
>>
Never change, /m/.
I am sure to be frag by others, anyway.
>>17228281
Nowadays, i just mostly watch any foreign /m/ productions, mostly chinese cartoon;
Kainar, a chinese gundam knockoff.
机变英盟, a chinese transformer knockoff.
Nanocore, a chinese sci-fi cartoon.
Dinocore, a korean combiner toy commercial.
Mon-kart, a korean monster racing cartoon.
Goldwing 123, another korean mazinger z knockoff.
Legend Hero Samgugjeon, the korean tokusatsu.
>>
>>17228281
I got up to episode 33 of Jushin Liger, I want to watch more but KissAnime won't upload the last ten episodes for some reason even though I linked them to AnimeShinigami's site. Thinking of seeing Flag, Govarian, or Dorvack next. Also watching Bismarck and I could really use names for the monsters of the week.
>>
>>17228281

I'm watching Blue Gender right now. It's taken me 7 episodes to stop hating the protagonist. It's OK so far, though. Got the Patlabor collection recently, want to start rewatching it soon. Also trying to finish Danguard Ace.
>>
>>17228281
Trying to finally get through the opening arcs of After War Gundam X. Around ep 10 or 11? They're on their way to the city and the femme Newtype boy ambushed them.
I forget the name of the blonde girl but she's the best albeit the massivest of thots. Roybea and the other boy are pretty great and Garrod's still best boy protag.

I still need to finish MJP. The ambiguous gender pilot showed up, not a fan. Really edgy and shit.

Also I have that uh... The Third: Girl With 3 Eyes? I forget the title. It looks really neat.
>>
>>17228281
Watching Shin vs Neo and then gonna watch some SDF Macross or Gundam 00.
>>
>>17228281
I want to die.
ZZ is really enjoyable so far. The initial episodes were really bizarre and I can see why people are turned off by them, but I didn't mind the goofiness so much. It's gotten a lot more serious now that I'm around the halfway point. Still weird to think that this is a direct sequel to Zeta but I like it for what it is.
>>
>>17228939
Anything interesting about chinese mecha, or is it interesting purely because of how derivative it is?
>>17228281
Watching Victory Gundam; Tomino always had a Freudian element to him, but the /ss/ sexuality in this show is absurd. That this is the most sexual and most violent Gundam despite suits wanting to be "the kids' Gundam" is hilarious to me.
>>
Pretty good. Was my birthday so my bro got me the Bubblegum Crisis bluray.
>>
>>17230732
>Anything interesting about chinese mecha,
Another than having better cgi animation than the japanese and simple plots.
So, not really.
>is it interesting purely because of how derivative it is?
I just like to observe how the modern japan and modern china make their /m/ show and make a comparison.
>>
>>17228281
Watching Egao no Daika as it airs and also currently rewatching Big O. Also slowly making my way through Mazinger Z and Turn A but I haven't watched either in a while
>>
>>17230732
>Anything interesting about chinese mecha, or is it interesting purely because of how derivative it is?
I find Kainar enjoyable for background noise
like, I don't feel bad about not paying attention to it, but when I bother to pay attention it's okay enough I don't feel bad about paying attention to it
and those pirate girls are totes qt3.14s
>>
File: 1544585030704.jpg (96 KB, 1440x1080)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
holding up I guess
>>
File: limiter release.gif (716 KB, 400x240)
716 KB
716 KB GIF
>>17230787
Happy B-day anon
>>
>>17228281
I watched the Patlabor TV series recently and it was one of the most realistic and human stories I've seen in mecha. Pretty amazing stuff.
>>
>>17228292
Yikes.
>>
>>17230652
That turning point was so good though. And the Dublin drop I assure you will not disappoint.
>>
>>17231498
The TV series really is amazing. Do you think that’s the instalment you like the most? I enjoyed it the most for sure, just because of how close you can get to the characters and the ingram over the span of the TV series
>>
>>17231452
Thanks, G. Was a good one.
>>
>>17228281
Watching quite a few airing stuff. Also watching Ideon for the first time. I really love the fucking colour design. There’s quite a bit of intrigue regarding the Ideon too. But the characters all seem very asshole-ish, even for a Tomino show. I mean I expect that to be a good thing for development and stuff, but oh man they really tried hard to make a lot of the main characters seem like an ass.
>>
>>17231511
Well,I haven't seen all the other stuff,yet since I promised a friend to watch JoJo part four(and binged most of it in like four days),so I can't say. Still mad about fucking replacement Kanuka being in the show at all,since Kanuka was arguably the best grill in the show.
>>
>>17231536
That is very true, Kanuka was amazing and it was really sad to see her go. I think her friendship with Noa was really nice. Also I totally get you with Jojo Part 4, it’s also really good. Probably my favourite Part but that’s just me.
>>
>>17231536
>>17231554
If it helps, Kanuka does come back to handle the most important stuff, but yeah. they shipped her off way to early. I suppose it was inevitable but I wonder why so fast. Was there an issue with her actress?
>>
Seriously. She had the best episodes.
>>
Watching VOTOMS

what do you recommend next?

Layzer, Dunbine or Brain Powrd?
>>
>>17231554
It's certainly better written than Part 3,which is an abysmal mess,only salvaged by the amazing final battle. Also,about Kanuka it would have been great if we had a few episodes with her actual accomodations in New York,since that would have added a lot of depth to the show,but I guess it was too expensive to do.
>>
>>17231581
You might as well watch dougram and layzner to finish up Takahashi's 80s trilogy
>>
>>17231614
The Shige goes to NY episode was still pretty funny even if it was a dream.
>>
>>17231581
I’ve only seen Layzner and Dunbine and I think both are really enjoyable, but I recommend Layzner first if you’re coming off of a Takahashi work. Don’t forget to watch the final OVA after you finish the series too
>>
>>17231620
I tried dougram, but got bored desu.
It is interesting, but I find it hard to sit through.

I'm more willing to try Layzner
>>
>>17228281
I picked up brain powerd, godannar and escaflowne. Weird combo I know. I just stopped on brain and escaflowne for some reason, and I'm getting a little tired of godannar. Not that any of them are bad, but I'm just not feeling them maybe.
>>
>>17231644
I laughed quite a few times there,since it was so retarded,it contrasted with the show's overall tone of comedy.
>>
>>17228281
I'm doing ok, been slowly watching Xabungle and Rag is still best girl. How are you doing OP?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.