[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I'm on episode 5 of ZZ and this shit is completely retarded, all the new characters are ass, the villains suck and all the returning characters got butchered to shit
>Judau infiltrates the Argama and steals the Z Gundam
>Bright doesn't discipline him, goes "well I guess he's got potential xD"
>no one gives a fuck about anything, they don't even behave like trained militia
>Mashmyre just does random shit the whole time
>Fa fights the dude who threatens to destroy a school, a fucking civilian, and loses even though in Zeta she was a decent pilot, has to be saved by the fucking kid who has been in a MS like twice his entire life
>The fights are pure horseshit
Does this ever get good or should I just drop it?
>>
Maybe it gets good, but i didn't like any character on ZZ.
>>
>>17224329
>all the new characters are ass, the villains suck and all the returning characters got butchered to shit
Sounds familiar
>>
>>17224329
dont worry it gets better in the second half and later first half, also if your planning on watching unicorn its essential to watch or you will barely get most things
>>
>>17224329
ZZ is the worst show of UC Gundam. Bandai forced the Director to make ZZ when he still very tired from working on Zeta. So a lot of the ideas are half-baked, and unfinished. Without spoiling too much, ZZ originally was supposed to be about Char as the lead character, and taking over after Kamille in Zeta. But that got scrapped and changed too.
>>
>>17224329
alright let's break this down
>all the new characters are ass
the raggamuffin kids are all shit except elle. roux and puru are good though, hold out for them
>the villains suck
marshmallow gives up on the plot and fucks off. but then increasingly dumber villains show up to replace him so you're shit out of luck there
>all the returning characters got butchered to shit
you haven't seen anything yet. wait until bright starts getting horny
>Does this ever get good or should I just drop it?
it's great the whole way through
>>
>>17224329
This show peaked at the Berlin arc
>>
the beginning of ZZ is the best part cause its like Xabungle and Daitarn 3

Im sorry you have shit taste faggot
>>
>>17224329
>this shit is completely retarded
Congratulations you figured out Gundam. You don't have to watch it anymore.
>>
>>17224368
no
>>
>>17224329
>Marshmello alongside the main cast
It hurts.
>>
>>17224615
It would be good but the way it treats the characters off Zeta is shit. So that part is partially ruined. Then when it gets serious it gets good, but then the final third they bring the comedy back and it doesn't gel well and sucks both in the comedy and drama department.
Dumbest part is the girl who dies from an animation error.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (649 KB, 800x1124)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
>>17224329
Wait until best grills show up
you expected Haman and Ple, didn't you?
>>
>>17224329
What did based ZZ do to tick off so many anons?
>>
>>17225805
I don’t think the people who hate ZZ want to admit it, but I think a big factor is they can’t cope with the jump to live action. 0079 and Zeta are great anime, but then they get to ZZ and it’s too real for them.
>>
>>17224329
So we're back to hating ZZ this year?
>>
Only pretty people like ZZ. I have some bad news for you op
>>
>>17225802
I expected a halfway decent pick and was let down
>>
File: Iino Abbav.png (541 KB, 900x675)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>17224372
>>17224338
Iino is a good boy, and in the desert arc it looks like he isn't wearing any pants
>>
ZZ ruined Haman. She went from shrewd and cunning to crazy for random 14 year old boipucci and I fucking hate it.
>>
>>17225823
This year, I predict more inconsistency, schizophrenic declarations of contradictory opinions as facts, and gibbering. Such a tragic case, that of /m/. Sometimes, he can be almost sane. But he never stays that way for more than a minute. It's almost as if there are multiple people, with completely different thoughts and ideas, speaking though his mouth.
>>
The one thing I really hated about ZZ was how it opened the gates for Zeon being like those Japanese holdouts refusing to surrender and somehow holding out on Earth decades after the One Year War. The franchise was going to go there at some point, that was unavoidable, but ZZ did it first and in a terrible version of the Rama Ral arc to boot.
>>
>>17226551
>saying that while posting that image
>>
>>17226539
He also makes a very good trap
>>
File: vlcsnap-00003.jpg (125 KB, 960x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>17228532
indeed
>>
>>17224329
Keep going. ZZ is, for lack of a better term, a fun ride.

And Chara Soon is one of my favorite characters for some reason.
>>
Skip to episode 9 to avoid the long exposition.
>>
It gets better once Haman properly returns but outside of Judau I still never grew to care about the obnoxious retards the first 17 or so episodes focused on. It's pretty good though.
>>
File: 1445890812168.jpg (55 KB, 960x720)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>17229661
I'm glad ZZ exists solely for Mashymre, Chara and Gottn. I always throw Mashy and Chara in my G Gen teams.
>>
>>17224329
Def agree with most of this. ZZ just isnt a good continuation of Zeta. ZZ straight up ruined Haman.
>>
Like every other Gundam, it doesn't really start until they get to Earth.
Unfortunately, it takes half the series in ZZ and the preamble is like a Disney cartoon with robots.
>>
>mfw started watching zz yesterday
>loved so much that watched 5 episodes in a row
I hate zeta

man, this is fucking fun as fuck. Judeau is top chad and the characters are just too fun.

Mashymre is really fucking fun
>>
>>17226566
I mean even individually you are right about the anons on /m/, who appear dead-to-the-world and unable to think, with psychotic tendencies and high to low-functioning autism. One of the most autistic boards, not even in an ironic way like /tv/ but most anons here genuinely probably have Asperger’s or worse.
>>
>>17227187
Hamanfags are some of the most delusional fans in Gundam.
>>
I really like ZZ. I see him as a medium in which Tomino exposed his frustrations, for at that moment there was only negativity around him. this can be noticed by the setting, as at first the series is carried by pure forced comedy and totally bland, showing the freedom of children while playing with Mobile Suits. To the point where everything ends up becoming depressing, leaving only deaths.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00031.jpg (142 KB, 960x720)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>17232660
Just like Haman herself
>>
>>17224329
Drop it,

Read some summary online, go watch CCA and forget that this shit exists.

It's only accessory material for Unicorn.
>>
>>17232819
And Unicorn is already shit and feels non-canon. So nothing is lost.
>>
>people that hate zz
>zetafags and kamillefags
>autists for sure

>people that loves ZZ
>judaufags
>chads for sure

now I get it
>>
Why is Roux so hot, guys?
>>
>>17232868
>Deceitful murderous bitch
Hard pass, I'll take a Chara any day
>>
>>17232868
I don't know because I barely remember anything about her character. Actually, to be honest I barely remember anything about the ZZ females that weren't on Zeon's side.
>>
>>17225335
Zeta treated the characters from Zeta way worse than anything ZZ could do to them.
>>
Who had such a boner for beecha? He was such a shit but never gets called out.
>>
>>17224372
>and puru
Puru's an annoying sack of shit and the only people who like her are pedophiles.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00010 (2).jpg (129 KB, 960x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>17224329
his face always gets me, here
>>
>I set the main character Judeau because I did not want to put out Amuro and Sha to "ZZ". I wanted to establish a world different from Gundam. Rather, I wanted to eliminate the curtains of the two, I made a strong character called Judeau

What was Tomino trying to say by this?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.