[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Sidonia_DVD1.jpg (29 KB, 212x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Thoughts on knights of sidonia?
>>
>>17182232
>Thoughts on knights of sidonia?

Manga went to shit. Anime only did 2 seasons and never managed to do its own thing. So the anime stops in midair and never really resolves anything at all. So, is it worth watching ? Sure, it's good sci-fi. There a couple of excellent emotional scenes but the anime will leave you hanging high and dry. So don't expect much at all.
>>
>>17182236
How did the manga went to shit?
>>
>>17182391
Not that guy, but I'm assuming it's the really, really weird shipping shit.

Killing the MC's primary love interest, bringing her back as a ghana, supjecting her to experiments by a crazy mad scientist dictator, turning part of her progeny into a ghana/mecha/hybird who interacts with normal sized people with a tentacle who then becomes the main love interest, and it just gets odder from there.
>>
File: VIOLATE.png (490 KB, 3180x4720)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>17182415
>went to shit
>ghana/mecha/hybird who interacts with normal sized people with a tentacle who then becomes the main love interest
pick one
>>
>>17182415
>went to shit
That all sounds amazing
>>
>>17182391

KoS has two big problems:

The first is as absolute failure of implementing escalation. You start off the story introducing very, very dangerous aliens, where even a single one of them is such a disaster to fight that it takes multiple missions by successive teams to kill just one of them. A dozen people die trying to bring down a single Gauna.
Between this initial level of threat, and the fact that its introduced very early on that gauna can shapshift, and you should have a perfect setup for singular, incredibly dangerous enemies that have their own unique tactics and gimmicks, kind of like a monster of the week show but they last more than a week and there is a significant bodycount involved.
Instead, after the first arc the Gauna immediately nosedive in powerlevels. Every new threat becomes "the Gauna are here, but even more than last time!" By the time you get to season two, they are instagibbing literally hundreds of these fuckers every battle, rendering them a complete joke of a threat compared to their initial appearances and flatlining all of the tension to the battles.

The second is a convoluted mess of shipping where a, after a while, you can't go more than 20 minutes of screentime without the story throwing a new waifu into the harem and then immediately moving on and forgetting about them because they dont matter and its time to introdue the next waifu into the harem.

And then, all at once, the author gets bored and the story ends with everything getting wrapped up really suddenly. The battle is just kind of over for reasons and all of the shipping gets resolved by the writer rolling dice to figure out who ends up marrying who, at one point having to literally change the sex of one of the characters offscreen at the last minute in order to make it make work. Something which makes even less sense in context.
>>
fuck I was really disappointed they never finished the anime so I started reading the manga is it worth investing in all the volumes?
>>
>>17182859
I liked it. The waifushit is less preminent in the manga.
>>
There was only one waifu Q_Q
>>
File: press f and hold.jpg (312 KB, 639x900)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Never forget.
>>
>>17182848
>you should have a perfect setup for singular, incredibly dangerous enemies that have their own unique tactics and gimmicks

Oh my god, this shit never works, stop parroting this.

AZ did exactly that and it's fucking awful because eventually you resort to just asspulls when the monster becomes too big/powerful.
>>
>>17182959

...are you somehow trying to argue against the concept of 'monster of the week' format?

On fucking /m/ of all places?
>>
>>17182959
Also, it's not completely true. They do get a technology that allows them not to be almost annihilated every time, but even in the latest battles they take quite a beating.
>>
File: End of Sidonia.png (1.7 MB, 2103x3000)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>17182232
I liked it although I liked it less as it went on towards the end and it feels like Nihei gave up and phoned in the ending after what his daughter said to him.
>>
>>17182959
>you should have a perfect setup for singular, incredibly dangerous enemies that have their own unique tactics and gimmicks

He is being retarded, the thing about gauna is that they clearly don't know almost nothing of it. The guy who wanted to know more and more created chimeras and so on, but there is this mistery about gaunas and why they act or not in certain way that makes them terrifying for me.

I love Sidonia and the ending was perfect desu. The feeling of Sidonia is not that they will fight gaunas and understand their nature or objectives, is that they are living their own lives in Sidonia, and sometimes they must defend their home from these creatures, they do not care to know what they are, they just want them away or dead. Life goes on, Sidonia too, even more after they found their new home.
>>
>>17183057
Except it kind of hinted that why Gauna are attacking them when they rescued robo hatsune miku from the wreakage of breakaway pacifist. It was revealed that Gauna is attracted towards higgs particles and pretty much ignore anything else. Which is they use an old shuttle that runs on rocket fuel, orbit a giant gauna and rescue that robot.
They also reveal that in S2, albeit in different manner.
It is apparent that Nihei had a long term storyline planned which he abandoned during the arc which was supposed to be debut of Gardes mk 3/5
>>
>>17182232
Gardes are my favorite design
>>
>>17183057

So you think that its impossible for individual gauna to remain a massive threat AND to keep their nature and motivations largely unknown at the same time? There isn't any logical connection between your two points here.
>>
>>17182232
It's interesting but I can't say it's interesting enough to watch a 2nd time.

It has many flaws and they seem to constantly add to these without resolving any of the issues and add more issues to the point you wonder if they forgot about the original issues and then the ending just fell like some pathetic attempt to show you how far along everything has come but it's extremely short lived so it won't leave you feeling satisfied.
>>
>>17182415
the real problem is when the alien penis turns into the exact image of his dead ex girlfriend in the end that's just fucked up
>>
Never seen a fanbase go as ballistic as when BIG GIRL won

I'm 100% convinced that the salty Izana/Yuhata fags are the only ones shitposting about the manga.
>>
>>17184328
Izana<hoshijiro
>>
>>17184328
I'll concede that I'm salty about space penis winning but that doesn't mean that killing her off and then bringing her back in a human body that looks like his dead girl friend the very next chapter wasn't retarded.
>>
>>17184328
I just wanted Honoka harem ending
>>
>>17182832
I simultaneously acknowledge the giant alien robot penis as best girl and the harbinger of the manga going to shit.
>>
>>17183151
Agreed idk what he’s trying to say
>>
>>17184328
Dude, that second timeskip was an asspull. And Izana becoming a girl was a good enough proof of her love to Tanikaze, but she instead ended up with her love rival, who for a change turned herself into a dude, just so "he" can ogle over Izana's cyber parts. If you are fine with this shit, I feel more sorry for you, than for Yuhatafags.
>>
>>17182232
I remember terrible soundmixing and 5fps combat sequences. A pity, since I really love the series' aesthetic approach and architecture. The mechs are cool, too.
>>
Nihei is always a brilliant artist but jesus christ his stories are incomprehensible. Towards the last half of the manga I had no idea what the fuck was going on, but it was rad
>>
>>17182391
Too much harem shit.
>>
>>17182232
The title reminds me of that muse song.
>>
Reminder that Ochiai did nothing wrong.
>>
>>17182959
>analyzing how the various martian Kataphrakt's abilities work to come up with the solution.
>asspull a solution

next you'll complain why sauzbaum should've won when he has all the abilities of the kataphrakts the MC already figured out how to beat.
>>
Im finishing manga right now since in my country its still running and Im at vol 14, waiting for 15. I kinda hoped that 15 will be one big battle for whole volume like that small cluster ship and instead already know that it will be divided between big cluster ship, defending sidonia and dealing with second hybrid.

I still dont know why Tanikaze picked giant tentacle over actual girl. Izana over all!

While I really, really liked it, I wouldnt recommend it to others. I mean, it have some weird pacing in storytelling, going slow at some moments and focusing on irrevelant stuff to suddenly go rapid fast. Robot-girl volume was plain filler too and she doesnt really play any role later, except for comedy episode on Mizuki.

And the comedy episodes - really, I didnt expect everything to go full 110% serious but harem comedy elements? Really? With every single female on ship wanting Tanikaze that badly, even captain (700 years old pressing youngster into few days long sex in vol. 14, somebody call the police).

And I wish that artstyle would stay similar for whole run but I know that in span of few years, everyone changes their artstyle slightly. But high contrast black and white style was more fitting than post vol. 9 sketch-like bright art.

But I liked it anyway. I "rediscovered" manga with it, realizing that abandoning everything in pursuit of studies was wrong move. Buying and reading first volume without showing anyone made me felt like having 14 years old again.

Really, I dont regret buying all volumes so far. But I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Weird, huh?

>>17192446

Ochiai was interesting case of villian that makes everything running. If not his ideas, Sidonia would be dead after first 4 volumes if not earlier.
>>
>>17183132

Still didnt explain what Gauna exactly are. Like how their cores cant be damaged with anything else than mysterious material found in giantic alien structure, why said structured had Gauna sleeping in it and why they are always attracted to said material along particles. Kinda wasted potential.

>Gardes mk 3/5

What series is that? Tsugumori is series 17, story ends with series 20 model.
>>
>>17192725
My best guess is that Gauna want to keep an eye on the only thing that can kill them. Their motives were never really clear though, some speculate they just wanted to communicate and didn't understand that they were killing humans
>>
>>17192802

Lem star system name kinda supports this "so alien that cant comprehend each other" explanation. But still, it was almost like Gauna were artificial creation, plus mysterious material (kabi) could only be attached to Gauna's plancea. Or perhaps said structure was leftover from another race that figured out how to kill Gaunas for good but failed to finish the job.
>>
>>17193011
It's been a while since I read it, but didn't the gauna basically an hero in the end to terraform a planet for the humans or something? That plus the fsct that they cloned that giant girl and tried to recreated plants and stuff suggests they weren't "evil". Maybe there were different factions in the gauna? Maybe they wanted to remove Higgs particle tech because they knew something humanity didn't? Reminds me of the canned scrip for Mass Effect 3, which was that Mass Effect tech actually caused stars to go supernova much faster than they should and reapers were trying to prevent it
>>
And one important question - when first timeskip happened? I mean, I thought it all was going on normally when bam, in vol 14 appears younger brother of first omnomed pilot in story, now grown up and mention how many years passed. I mean what? When?
>>
>>17193020
>Mass Effect tech actually caused stars to go supernova much faster than they should and reapers were trying to prevent it

Photino Birds, anyone?

>but didn't the gauna basically an hero in the end to terraform a planet for the humans or something?

Shit, failed to avoid spoilers for final volume ;_;

Absorbing and mimicking were signs of curiosity - Gauna really tried to understand humans, yet tried to defend itself as well. It was truly construct so alien that, as omnomed gf pointed out, communication might be impossible.
>>
>>17193020
Gauna are very curious about mankind, but are too alien to communicate or to understand that they are killing us. Higgs particles gets their attention because they themselves use it constantly. So to them we where some wierd form of gauna, so they acted as if we are gauna and that kills humans.
>>
>>17182959
have you literally never seen gundam, mazinger, getter robo, sentai, kamen rider, jojo, naruto or anything else
>>
>>17183057
>>17183132
>>17192725
>>17192802
You know, I'm sure Nihei never intended to explain the nature or motivation of the Gaunas to begin with. It's just not his style to explain things or infodump us with the main lore.
Also, I'm sure he knew very well that the fans wanted to know more about this, yet he ignored them on purpose. Hell, there were a lot of chances that could have explained the behavior of Gaunas and Nihei chose not to.
I think the worst offender was the giant Honoka that was a perfect 1:1 copy made of Gauna and that it looked like she was able to communicate with both Gauna and Humans, yet she was blown out in the very same chapter.
>>
>>17182232
seeing that girl floating in space trying to get away then slowly seeing that big monster come up behind her a eat her fucked me up,
man WTF
>>
>>17193879

You mean blown out few panels after realizing what she is and freaking out as result.
>>
>>17193879
I'm pretty sure Nihei didn't actually have some sort of giant overarching plot or deep motivations for not explaining shit. He just made shit up in the moment.
>>
Season 3 when?
>>
>>17182943
The only other Anon in this thread with the correct taste.
>>
>>17182232
The wrong girl won.

Ochiai was really boring and uninteresting as an antagonist.
>>
>>17193994
This. You have to be deluding yourself to actually think Nihei was doing anything other than making it up as he was going along.
>>
>>17184328
I didnt follow the series at all but I remember tabbing to /m/ one day and seeing a 400-reply thread full of assrage, that was amusing at least.
>>
Why would a man create something so PERFECT only to destroy it
>>
>>17184328
To be fair I'm a salty Beni-Hoshijirofag and I'll also post how disappointing the final choice of waifu was. All other choices were weak squishy humans, cyborgs, or pink human/gauna mutts. There is only one best girl (who is also best mech).
>>
File: Benisuzume.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>17194626
>PERFECT
Sorry there's only room for one perfect gauna wife.
>>
File: kunato sweating.jpg (89 KB, 1280x722)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>17194633
>>17194874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfMAQPbTBL4
>>
>>17195739

What was Kunato problem?

>tfw wanting to fix the shit you did and next moment you wake up with nearly all your body replaced with cybernetics and floating in tube
>>
The problem with sidonia’s ending was that nihei halfassed it

Tsumugi should have stayed as a tentacle monster and yuhata shouldn’t have genderswapped

Ending would have been perfect then
>>
File: Tsugumori.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>17196139
Yeah I also thought it was pretty obvious that Nihei was either rushing or just losing interest. I do love his art though, love the distinctive look of both mechs and Gauna, love the colony's architecture.
>>
>>17196824
His art is the best part of his stories. Some of his lesser known works like Biomega and Aposimz are amazing too
>>
>>17196889
I've seen some pages of both but never got my hands on the full sets, the only Nihe works I've been through in their entirety are Sidonia and Blame!.
>>
>>17196973
they are not that hard too find online, except for Aposimz since it's still running. The one thing I'll criticize is that his creativity is weird as shit. He has great universes and worldbuilding with interesting concepts and awesome designs, and then he makes every protagonist Killy with the serial numbers shaved off.
>>
>>17188490
Biomega did that to me. I loved Blame! and enjoyed Biomega but it the ladder took a hard left turn.
>>
File: BestGirl.jpg (50 KB, 800x450)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>17196998
It kinda fits with the trend of him being better with his art than with his stories. Blame! works because the protagonist is mostly focused on a fuzzy goal with each little story only a continuation of a very long journey, Sidonia obviously has some narrative jank. It would be great if someone could team Nihe up with a great writer who could pick his brains and build up a great story to go with the great art. As is though I'll always take a look at Nihe material because I know I'll always enjoy it simply for the art, and if some story is there it's just an added benefit.
>>
did we ever get a " entering the cockpit" shot for tsugumori? i have the kotobukiya model waiting to build , but i want to see if i can fit a cockpit and hatch ala MG , and need some reference material
>>
File: knights-of-sidonia.0.jpg (97 KB, 1400x1400)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>17197802
There's not an overabundence of shots with pilots embarking or disembarking, usually just before and after, but here's one of it open at least so you know which of the panels on the top it is.
>>
>>17197802
And then here's another with the hatch closed but prominently visible.
>>
>>17182859
Stop calling buying shit "investing".
>>
>>17182232
God tier OPs
>>
File: 1381035011001.jpg (81 KB, 640x480)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>17198300
>>
>guana killing substance never explained
>>
File: 1447542504615.gif (224 KB, 600x300)
224 KB
224 KB GIF
>>17198300
>>
>>17197865
>>17197869
those 2 work, because i mostly needed an estimate on where on the frame was the cockpit pit , and which panel was the acces point , thanks!
>>
>>17198774
No problem friend, you can get an even more accurate estimate based on Episode 5 where Tsugumori's cockpit section opens up and if you pause you should be able to get some pretty accurate estimates of it's dimensions.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (45 KB, 750x300)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>17198549
>guana
>>
>>17199555
>ghana >>17182415
>>
File: Spoiler Image (405 KB, 768x765)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>17199555
>>17199571
Guinan?
>>
>>17182232
Hey a Sidonia thread.
Just stopping by to say Tsumugi best grill.
>>
>>17199589
>Just stopping by to say Toxine best grill
You must have bitten your tongue.
>>
So, when the first timeskip happened? Also, how old is Tanikaze in story anyway?
>>
File: smoogy.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
It's good and I like the squeaky balloon space penis worm.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (18 KB, 600x600)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>17199589
>>
File: CvXLqVVWYAADZt4.jpg (98 KB, 636x900)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>17199589
Sorry Anon, I think you've got the wrong girl.
>>
>>17182232
Muse's best song.
>>
>>17192473
>getting killed by space debris
>not a complete asspull

lel

just like AZ, you are completely retarded anon
>>
>>17182391
GIANT FEMININE PENIS MONSTER.
>>
File: thisismylaifu-thin.jpg (129 KB, 1280x594)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>17182956
>>
>>17183014
tell me this is shopped.
>>
>>17182232
The big problem with Nihei is that he thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is and his shows really suffer from it.
>>
>>17201408
retard
>>
>>17201596
Nah, his stories are straightforward as you can get. It's the art that makes them more confused of what they are.
Also he already "lowered" the complexity of his stories thanks to his brainlets friends and family. That's the main reason he changed his artstyle, in first place.
>>
File: pizzaro.jpg (46 KB, 604x338)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>17195979
>>
>>17201973

Wait, really? Friends and family convinced him to stop doing detailed art style and switch to sketch-like quick work?
>>
>>17202233
It wouldn't surprise me if that were true, considering the hellish schedules many illustrators keep. To reduce the detail of his work means Nihei can get more pages done faster and at least in theory have more time to do human being things like sleep and relax. I do also greatly favor the older and more detailed art style.
>>
>>17202233
I don't have the interview at hand, but Nihei basically said that he asked his family and friends what they though about his works, and they said they didn't understand them. This was in the times of Blame! and Abara.
Then he made things simpler in Biomega and yet they didn't understand it. Probably that's why the drastic change happened at the middle of its run.
Then he made things simpler again with Sidonia, and yet they didn't can grasp what was the manga about.
That's why he is keeping doing things simpler and simpler, and more straightforward. Not like it's guaranteed that his family and friends will understand his works, to be fair.
>>
>>17202795
>Didn't understand Sidonia
Are they just fucking with him or something? I'm sure the comparison has been made a lot but Sidonia is at it's core anime BSG, a bunch of humans are trapped looking for a place to live on a big aging spaceship, they're constantly being attacked by an unrelenting non-sympathetic bad guy, they fight to survive while slowly building up their resources and the stakes generally get higher with each fight. It's not a hyper-complicated story to follow.
>>
File: Pondervelli.jpg (43 KB, 339x350)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>17202795
>thanks to his brainlets friends and family
It sounds a lot like publisher pressure. Blame! was successful enough, but of course stuff like Sidonia can sell much better, hence the change.
>>
File: 1491437786072.png (88 KB, 500x266)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>17202233
>>
anyone have the manga where Nihei draws himself as a cockroach?
>>
>>17202964
>and then he ran Sidonia to the ground, and through the floor
I hope his daughter steps on Mega Bloks
>>
>>17202964
Jesus, I wonder how badly it hurts to have offspring with such shit taste.
>>
>>17202991
Asoblock*
>>
>>17202233
He said in an interview here in my country right before the start of Aposimz that he just wanted to change the way he drew things. It is his choice mainly. He also said it was a challenge for himself to try to picture things without using many traces as he used before. Trying to do the same with less, this kind of idea.
>>
>>17202795

>so here are good guys and here are bad guys, is that simple enough?
>uuugh, Bunga Bunga not understand, Bunga Bunga need simple!
>>
>>17203031
Yeah, needs to be an isekai, with an all-powered MC and full of cute, gorgeous girls willing to suck his dick.
>>
>>17203346

But last part was already fulfilled, each girl on the ship, captain included was all about Tanikaze.
>>
>>17202795
This really explains why Aposimz has a fight almost every chapter and the characters won't shut up and constantly need to explain everything. And I really like the setting and wish it was more like Blame with slowly exploring the world instead.
>>
>>17202964

This is why renouncing a family is so important for an artist.
>>
>>17202964
If he was a real artist he'd have disowned his daughter when she told him this
>>
Well, thread seems to be running out of steam, see you all when season three is eventually out.
>>
>>17205824
So never ever?
>>
>>17205928
I had heard somewhere that it's generally thought to be sometime the middle of this year, which would be nice.
>>
>>17204002

Wait, Aposimz was name if seed ship closest to Sidonia that went into different direction. Did Nihei drew spin-off?
>>
>>17198350
This to be honest
>>
>>17193042
Hell of a cost for human-eyed parrots.
>>
File: qmsv4lpxomu11.jpg (475 KB, 1920x810)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>17206737
there's also placenta and Higgs particles, not to mention the protagonist's transformation makes him look like Kamen Rider Tsumugi. But it'll probably end up being just Nihei reusing terms like usual.
>>
How old are protagonists anyway?
>>
>>17210429
Mid teens, I've been reading through the manga again in the past few days, I think Kunato is referenced as being 15 during the gravity festival early on, but by the end some side characters turn up who were like 8-10 when the story began, so I'd assume between 3 and 5 years pass from the start all the way to the end, so late teens early 20's by the end.
>>
File: 1438788440647.png (35 KB, 348x348)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>latest chapter of Apotizm

I'm actually getting a bit hyped guys
>>
>>17210573
Is Apautism good?
>>
>>17210646

Eh, it's so-so. It has been very "monster of the week"y and I feel it was a missed opportunity that Nihei killed off the whole starting village rather than making it a story about their exodus (that would have been baller).

It seem like plot is finally happening though, so I'm guessing shit is about to go down now.

Do keep in mind that it's Nihei's take on the magical girl genre and suddenly everything makes sense
>>
>>17210553

I suspect 10 years actually passed from the beginning to the end of the series, judging from how the red headed girls little brother went from elemantary schooler to young adult during the series.
>>
>>17182391
/a/nons are still mad because the MC picked a giant penis shaped tentacle monster instead of the other harem girls.
I myself i'm still mad because one of the girls had a sex change.
AND THE OPEN FUCKING ENDING.
WHERE IS OUR FUCKING CONTINUATION NIHEI.
>>
>>17210870
>AND THE OPEN FUCKING ENDING
What's open about Sidonia's ending?
>>
>>17210942
we never solved anything other than the harem .
i guess
>>
>>17210573
>6-limbed bio-robot girl born out of a ever-deforming man
Now we're finally getting into proper Nihei territory
>>
>>17210942
did you miss the "KNIGHTS OF SIDONIA WILL BE BACK" part of the last chapter?
And as the other anon says, nothing is answered, instead there are even more questions.
Like wtf happend to that planet?
>>
>>17210978
is nihei the larval stage of those ultra creepy fetish devoted doujin artist that do al the creepy stuff like mutilations scat and tentacles all at once?
i mean , niheis artstyle is borderline that ...
>>
File: 1456592305622.webm (2.94 MB, 710x400)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>17182232
The manga was terribly bad at introducing its story

The anime was better but suffered from the same stuff that killed the manga: over the top harem tropes that slow the story and bring nothing new. If they had stopped with maybe 3 girls in different spectrum of transhumanism that would have been enough.
The (mecha) animation was pretty good, gorgeous even despite the bad anime face, and the concept of their setting and technologies, including bioorganic ones were very cool.
I don't mind human finally finding a projectile that can kill a Gauna. That had to happen to change the dynamic.

I'm holding out for a Season 3 finishing the story in a non-shit way, but I'm told they'll have to go away from the manga.
>>
>>17211086
Nihei is a piss fairy
>>
File: Thatonescene.gif (1.88 MB, 500x281)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB GIF
>>17211086
Honestly he seems much more interested in scenery and overarching world lore than with fetishes, except THAT Sidonia scene.
>>
>>17211086
Read his one-shot "pump" and you tell me.
>>
>>17211016
>did you miss the "KNIGHTS OF SIDONIA WILL BE BACK" part of the last chapter?
Honestly yes. Very anticlimactic, but it still felt like a proper ending. Big gauna dead, dick girl wins, all live happily ever after.
>>17211086
>>17211802
His earlier works especially are definitely creepy, but yes, more about the world and architecture than fetishes.
>>
>>17210825
>that spoiler
Oh fuck,you're right
>>
>>17211999
Which works? I've read all of Sidonia and am working my way through Blame! and Biomega and nothing has stood out to me as creepy in the sense that nothing makes me think there's something "off" about Nihei, am I just missing something?
>>
>>17212330
back in the days when e-hentai didnt tagged properly stuff like scat and guro or warned you before you kept going , i got exposed to a ton of that kind of doujins , if you take my word the level of details, shades , etc is similar to a lot of those kind of doujins , plus theres niheis piss fetish, i mean do you really had to go to the extent to do cathether insertion moment while your pilots are getting their stinky astronaut suit on ? draw your conclusions .
I´m not talking about plots and such, just artstyle
>>
File: PerfeclySane.png (842 KB, 1230x1066)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
>>17212330
>working my way through Blame
>nothing has stood out to me as creepy
>>
File: солярис.jpg (123 KB, 749x613)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>17182232
I liked how it felt like an actual sci-fi instead of usual "we use some SF decorations but follow the usual animu routines". It's such a rarity these days.
>>
>>17214536
Idunno, Blame! characters are pretty cute.
>>
>>17214841
She really had the gay for cibo.
>>
File: 1496355646934.png (502 KB, 1280x1024)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
>>17217036
Can you really blame her?
>>
>>17217149
Cibo from that blame movie from a year ago did things to my penis.
>>
>>17214841

Sana-kan is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
To give the thread a bit more life and bring us a bit more on topic, for everyone in the thread who's watched/read through Sidonia, which Tsugumori is your favorite? Personally I favor the mk2, it keeps enough of the traits of the original while also being an obvious step forward. The type 18's are literally built to job, and as much as I want to marry her, Benisuzume is not technically a mech. The experimental Type 20 is too busy of a design for me and it's color scheme is bland.
>>
I can't believe the best waifu won. Season 3 anime never.
>>
>>17183014
>what his daughter said to him
What did she say?
>>
>>17221736
>>17202964
>>
File: Type 15.jpg (204 KB, 800x1143)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>17221690
I really liked the Type 15 Garde although my personal favorite will always be the Type 17
>>
>>17217149
BEST DESIGN
>>
>>17221963
BREAST DESIGN
>>
>>17221690

>tfw the cost of Tsugimori model

If only Bandai did it instead...

>>17221728

But Izana lost, not won.
>>
>>17210953

They literally succeeded on their mission to drive out Gauna and seeding a new planet for humanity. It's not actually very open.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (101 KB, 557x1132)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Reminder that this is one of the Sidonia's 100 sights.
>>
>>17222359
sure, but the gauna did that to themselves. It's never quite clear why, or what they wanted. Not to mention the mystrry of where the spear tips came from, why they cloned humans, etc.
>>
So is this getting a third season or not? MAL has a S3 listing but I have yet to see an official announcement.
Surely we get a S3 now that polygon is done with shitty gojira movies right?
>>
>>17222408
Won't happen sooner than second half of the year either way. At least they will have enough time to polish the CG some.
>>
File: 1499718144841.png (227 KB, 811x313)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>plamo building girl becomes a tranny at the end
I'm not happy
>>17182956
>>17201404
Best girl
>>
>>17222400

Some shit does not need to be explained
>>
Are there any models for the mechas
>>
>>17223007
Doesnt work in this case because the manga was constantly raising the questions itself about why all this is happening, even characters questioning it several times.
For example the movie The Road is a setting where the reason why the earth went to shit isnt important.
>>
File: 1432642734225.png (131 KB, 551x535)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>17223133

No, the manga constantly paid attention to the fact that it was literally impossible for humanity to understand gauna. The gauna was trying to do something certainly, but they were too alien for anyone to comprehend. Perhaps the gauna finally achieved communication with humanity since that at least appeared to be their goal to a human viewer (besides munching on higgs energy anyway)? Or perhaps they just decided "fuck this take the planet and please leave us alone". It's literally impossible to know.

As for the spears, humanity later on learns how to use gauna to construct pseudo-spear material. In other words, they were reproduceable. Again, it's literally impossible to know who made the originals though. The gauna? The gauna's creators? Some other spacefaring species that encountered gauna? We don't know because historical records have been destroyed.
>>
File: Tsugumori Figma.jpg (380 KB, 1824x1920)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>17223024
>>
>>17182232
Netflix the saviour of anime. Kudos to them for investing money into funding shows. God knows those Funimation clowns weren't doing much.
>>
I liked those clone sisters. felt sad for the one who got turned into a gauna while retaining her personality
>>17221690
Mk2 or the Type 20 custom.
>>
I love it. That orbital bombardment scene is just incredible.

It's a god damn tragedy that we'll never get a third season. It would be fine if I could just catch up with the manga, but the manga itself is just unreadable.

>>17198350
That first OP? HOLY SHIT.

The second is okay. There are some good parts, but weak parts as well. It doesn't blow your socks off like the first one did.
>>
>>17182232
Wasted potential: the anime. The creator chose to focus on haremshit waifufaggotry instead of developing on the insanely interesting world he created. Reading this thread I can't believe that people are actually okay with this when it could've been so much more.
>>
>>17223931
Well I don't spend the very rare Nihei related threads just bitching about everything I didn't like about his work, but I do agree that Sidonia could have been a lot more robust and interesting, and as it stands it falls back on a lot of common and played-out animeisms.
>>
>>17223206
>>17221690
>>
File: e0095400_5139c3bfc0d96.jpg (433 KB, 1240x1754)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>17224633
>>
File: 7975b946.jpg (196 KB, 1104x1024)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>17224965
>>
File: 48955f2f.jpg (215 KB, 977x1200)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>17224969
>>
>>17224965
>>17224969
>>17224972
Did he ever say what models he based it off?
>>
>>17225011
AFAIK no , all he mentioned is that he was focused for months onto kitbashing the hero mech rather than working on drwaing chapters in one of those self reference pages in one manga chapter.
we have never seen that kitbashed prototype , unlike kawamori whos more than happy to show us his lego mockups
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 960x1280)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>17225011
>>17225341

Isn't it this one?
>>
>>17225575
Maybe, but what I meant was what kits he used to build it. Something like "I used an HG gundam torso and F-22 wings for the backpack" or something
>>
File: ce1109e8.jpg (73 KB, 1280x853)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
I still think it's a shame that they skipped on the High Cost Unit Prototype.
>>
>>17226122
A shame there no good full body shots of most of the mecha in the manga. The guy that had a GBE eye was awesome too
>>
>>17225575
looks way too refined to be just a scratch build prototype , that either is a production prototype for the figma or any of the figures that were released ...
Or nihei is extremely gifted at scratch building , blending and sanding parts
>>
File: sidonia guardians.png (884 KB, 2000x1400)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>17226239
But Nihei actually put quite an effort to give us some nice full body shots of all the mecha in the manga
>>
>>17226250

He mentioned that he was buying few kits per day, cutting, sanding, trimming and otherwise adjusting the parts. So I guess that his final build was not made out of few but several kits.
>>
File: 4915686i.jpg (66 KB, 424x600)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>17226509
>>
File: 4915691i.jpg (59 KB, 424x600)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>17228853
>>
File: mig.jpg (283 KB, 1000x1473)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>17226509
>>
File: 0036-029.jpg (412 KB, 1116x1600)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>17230705
I wonder if we will get the Type 19 in third season at all, or they will switch from 18 to 20 straight away
>>
>>17232350
>in third season
Heh
>>
>>17232443
It wasn't cancelled, they are just taking their sweet damn time
>>
>tfw they went with the boring route and turned best girl into a human.
>>
>>17182232
jerked it to the first OP
>>
FUCKING HELL They just announced that they will be doing a rerun of Sidonia anime remastered in FUCKING 4K quality. I hope this is in prep for S3
>>
>>17233159

>tfw they turned best romantic interest into a girl and made MC go for talking tentacle instead
>>
>>17234531

That talking tentacle was best fucking girl.
>>
>>17228853
>>17228855
>>17230705
I love how in Nihei's artstyle, factory new prototypes look eroded and falling apart as soon as they leave the assembly line.
>>
>>17234543
Izana is the best girl.
>>
>>17234543
Where do you put dick in her?
>>
>>17234548
this had a in universe explanation.
The new alloy was so fucking hard to machine that they just machined it enough to wirk as prototypes
thats why only the mass production models are the refined ones
>>
>>17235307
no anon you got it wrong , she puts the dick in you
>>
>>17235675
They used Megastructure right? The indestructible alloy from Blame!
>>
>>17235767

The very same or just named the same since Nihei loves to reuse terms and concepts.

It was mention once or twice too that Tanikaze machines were always pushed ahead of schedule, flying right into action with little or none tests. Yukimori aka "guardian of eternity" was actually incomplete when fielded so we never got a chance to see its actual capabilities.
>>
>>17236202
Man, Nihei's worldbuilding is so fucking good, I wonder if he intended for stories to be connected?
>>
>>17236251
>Nihei's worldbuilding is so fucking good
That"s the saddest thing about Sidonia. He literally gave up, barely halfway through.
>>
>>17234336
Holy shit, link?
>>
File: scarface.jpg (23 KB, 480x522)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>17182232
first season was really good, it had desperate situations!!! really made you feel the stakes
In the second season they injected a ton of slice of life shit and sort of slowed down the show so in other words ruined it. Imagine if after episode 30 of the original msg they did slice of life white base life while a giant war is raging
>>
Wasn't the manga ending basically a huge fuck you to his editor? Things were going fine till that sudden end.
>>
>>17237119
You're gonna hate Macross's final arc then
>>
>>17237076
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201902/13171838.html
It's in japanese.
>>
>>17237670
>>17237076
>>17234336
this is japan , most likely it will be just some new pachinko machine animations and thats it
>>
File: 1495447723566.jpg (37 KB, 500x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Shitty school harem drama.
As is his new work Aposizm.

Nihei is dead.
>>
>>17237719
Either way, third season got announced two years ago, and the estimated date as of now is mid 2019.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.