[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1537277926807.jpg (511 KB, 1280x720)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
We know Divers is getting a second season 2 later this year. What are you hoping to see or et reference?
>>
IBO plamo
>>
>>17147207
>We
>>
>>17147207
> second season 2
That would be a season 3 you idiot.
>>
More Ayame
>>
>>17147207
I'm hoping they cancel it. Build Shit after OG is a mistake.
>>
I want Sarah's cunny right in my face
>>
>>17147207
>We know Divers is getting a second season 2 later this year
Nope
>>
>>17147282
>seething denialfag jumps from IBO to Divers
>>
>>17147282
>IBOshit still in denial mode after getting BTFO'd

It'll be funny watching you deny the trailer, the first episode, up til the ending of GBD S2.
>>
Next season is GBF TA
Gundam Build Fighters TRY AGAIN
>>
>>17147207
>What are you hoping
No Watada
>>
>>17147282
>>17147216
It was confirmed at the end of last year. Nothing had been animated yet though so the trailer for it was just a compilation of footage from the first season.
>>
>>17147207
A Gelgoog custom that can lead to a new HG Gelgoog. It's all I want.
>>
>>17147327
Sadly we're stuck with him. He's currently Sunrise's cheap and always-available director they can stick onto low priority projects.
>>
>>17147325
They literally said it's in the Divers universe. Try somehow killed the OG universe. Don't know why.
>>
>>17147339
Try upped the power creep too much and turned literally everyone tryhard compared to the first season so the original build universe is a dead end for new material without a big revamp. That and a big gunpla digital scan and play game is more in line with what bamco is working towards making a reality.
>>
>>17147329
I think he's vastly improved since TRY. 3rd time's a charm yannow.
>>
>>17147348
That's true. And MMO would be far more doable with our current technology. Yeah you are right. Meanwhile we have seen tons of strong guys in Divers.
>>
>>17147351
Don't be a fool.
>>
>>17147210
FPBP

When you look at how they trick out old suits i cant wait to see what they do to Graze and Rodi.
I would be so happy to see a Megazord made up of Graze Variants.
Pirate Hex frames with their little clamps remind me of squid so to have a Hex Frame with Angel Tail Tentacles would be cool.
Speaking of Angels i would love to see a cool new Angel Variant as a Boss Fight like Giant Zaku in GBF SI and Devil Gundam of GBD SI

>Tl;DR Graze-Mega Zord and Souped up Angel... Protag Rival should have a Red Bael.
>>
File: 1529022139699.jpg (95 KB, 960x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>17147210
>mfw Sunrise is so embarrassed by IBO rather than including a model from that show they dress up a model from MSZG to look like one.

Was any of the background characters even dressed up like an IBO character?
>>
>>17147371
It's a rights thing, they legally couldn't use IBO stuff yet because it aired on a different TV channel. Same thing as 00 s2 and beyond in BF.
>>
>>17147369
Slap a Gundam head on Graze Ein, paint it in vibrant colors and call it Brave Ein.
>>
>>17147207

It doesn't matter since /m/ hates gundam.
>>
>>17147207
More AGE and G-Reco so I can get more kits, don't care about the show it self.
>>
>>17147382
Well, then I learned something. Still, I like having chuckles at IBO's expense.
>>
>>17147207
If I can get another Astray variant, I don't care how crap will the show turn out.
>>
>>17147355
Suit yourself. I enjoy Divers unlike TRY.
>>
I liked Divers a lot so I'm just glad we're getting more of it
>>
>>17147207
For the show not to pretend that there's any real high stakes in a fucking MMO
>>
>>17147207
More doujinshi
>>
>>17147624
There weren't high stakes in GBF either
>>
>>17147207
Anything other than IBO. The franchise has been cured of that cancer, let it not fester.
>>
>>17147651
And it didn't really pretend otherwise
>>
>>17147656
Good morning to you too, Dooeer.
>>
>>17147207
- Protags that don't use Feddie / 00 / SEED suits
- Titans and IBO suits
- No Gary Stu MC
>>
>>17147658
Didn't seem like that to the cast.
>>
>>17147663
Now you're just setting yourself up for disappointment, anon.
>>
>>17147659
Who is Dooeer?
>>17147663
>hating Gary Stus
But those are the best MCs!
>>
>>17147207
Wait I thought we'd just be getting a new show in the Build Universe.
>>
>>17147663
Riku was hardly a gary stu
>>
>>17147663
Pretty sure they're going to set up the MC for this season to be Riku's rival.

>Which means Freedom + Nu Gundam hybrid vs Destiny + 00 Hybrid
>>
>>17147730
https://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/07/11/gundam-as-an-e-sport-interview-with-gundam-breaker-and-gundam-anime-series-producers-1-2/
Banrise will keep making new Build shows until they find a way to make Gunpla Battle work IRL. Explains why they cheap out with hiring an amateur hack writer like Watada to write the shows.
>>
>>17147446
>I enjoy Divers
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>17147210
>tfw no Tallgeese Bael monstrosity
>>
>>17147207
Keep real-world Sarah around. Play up how little she knows about Earth, and how her size changes how she interacts with her environment. In general just make her scenes as crazy and surreal as possible.
>>
>>17147207
No thanks, the show was fucking shit
>>
>>17147446
cool shit taste, i bet you find watching paint dry exciting
>>
File: hyperion.jpg (29 KB, 310x394)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>17147207
Custom Hyperion please they already wank freedom and astray give more love to more side material
>>
>>17147216
king and shiit
>>
>>17147207
More suffering, more characters in the game coming alive. Some TWEEST that’ll make the plot darker and cause the boards to erupt into an apocalyptic shitstorm.
>>
>>17147382
Can they now?
>>
>>17147207
a player in the unicorn takes out a g-self player showing unicorn better them g-fags.
>>
>>17148182
No, you get more 00's, Freedoms and Strikes.
>>
>>17147207
I want to see a force of edgelords with edgy customs
>>
>>17147207
I want to see someone kitbash as many power ups systems as possible. Trans-am, Wings of Light, Zero System, NT-D, you name it. Just to prove how dumb it is to be able to jam multiple power-up systems into one unit
>>
>>17148442
what about plot armor parts?
>>
>>17147207
Same mc or just same universe
>>
Will it finally be z2 time to shine
>>
I just want a plotline that doesn't involve the dumbest response to the advent of a fully digital lifeform in a fucking game.

Tsukasa should have taken the chance and destroyed all of GBN for how shitty the admins were.
>>
>>17147624
>For the show not to pretend that there's any real high stakes in a fucking MMO

If they wanted to, it wouldn't be that difficult. All they would have to do is rip off .hack//.

Again.
>>
>>17148587
>fully digital lifeform

Wait, was there one? I don't remember that at all.
>>
>>17148660
Sarah
>>
>>17148675

I remember her being a piece of malignant code that everyone but based Game Master got TRICKED into believing was alive, but not an actual lifeform
>>
>>17148701
Fuck off Game Master
>>
A brand new cast of characters. These guys were so plain and had so little charm to them I think it's time to start over instead of trying to stretch them even thinner.
>>
>>17149478
Magee would like a word with you, he had more character than the entire cast
>>
>>17147412
I really hope we get more AGE customs.
I adore the AGE-2 Magnum.
>>
>>17147207
>What are you hoping to see
Main girl not using WOW SO CUTE mech/custom. Just give her a normal fucking unit.
>>
>>17149574
Same,best thing about the series for me, I would love a Titan custom or an AGE-3 custom.
>>
>>17147339
>They literally said it's in the Divers universe
No they don't. Yes, there's a new Build coming and they used Divers as example that is a sequel, but that's not enough confirmation that it isn't a new universe.
>>
Does it really matter wheter it's a Fighters, Divers, or a new Build series altogether?
The most important thing is the writer and director.
>>
>>17147207
>MC team made up of antagonist faction suits, i.e. Gabthley, Doven Wolf, Graze Ein
>MC in an antagonist gundam, i.e. Epyon, Calamity, Chaos
>Transforming suits
>Suits with sub-arms
>Protag focus on pure firepower, minimal melee
>Melee involves more blunt trauma, i.e. getting smashed with a hammer or punched
>>
>>17149775

So what you're saying is you want the MC to main Deinsleiffs.
>>
>>17148442
ZS = only enhances pilot awareness? How is this supposed to help in a VR game?
NT-D = for taking over certain things?
WoL = speed boost + dmg on contact?
TA = speed boost?
>>
>>17150377

I like to imagine a fair GBN would have point systems for all the various super modes, meaning including one costs you something in your total alloted loadout. High end suits can only have a few gimmicks because they have too much of their budget locked in base performance stats, so if you wanted to mass up on super modes you're forced to field weaker base units.

Which means somewhere in GBN some lunatic is flying around with a custom built Zero System ALICE Biosensing Hyper Trans-EXAM Nitro-TD Moding Super Ball.
>>
>>17148394
You forgot impulse.
>Ninpulse
>gma Impulse GM wktk Custom
>gmb Impulse GM (Mahiru Specification)
>Impulse Gundam Lancier
>Impulse Gundam Arc

What really annoys me is that they did impulse pairs twice now and neither time did they have the impulses swap parts during their fights, which you would think would be the main gimmick/point of having a pair of impulses on the same team.
>>
>MC that has actual personality, he can be pervert, edgy, lazy, greedy... but not a moralfag.
>Custom for psyco gundam mk II, III, ex-s, gundam mkV that will come with original HG kit.
>>
>>17148701
>Based Game Master
>Couldn't isolate a server (Which is brain-dead easy to do)
>Tried to "Capture" an avatar of a piece of code by turning up in game with a thug squad...and then losing.
>Refused to ban players no matter how blatant it was they were cheating (Even when they were admitting that they were cheating and it was damaging the servers) and let a situation spiral out of control so badly it almost destroyed the whole game (Which was all being done from a shitty trial/guest account to boot).
>So useless that a player was able to deny his admin tool's commands without even needing to cheat.
>Spent the final two episodes either sulking in a time-out chair or else trying to antagonize what he claims was only a piece of malignant code out of spite for being so powerless himself.

The GM was an absolute joke and was so incompetent and useless at every step that he could only have gotten his job through nepotism.
>>
>>17150332
Yes, I want to see an ambush where the MC taunts some autistic melee-build team into trying to fight him and makes them overconfident because his MS is lightly armored so they chase him into an open killzone and get absolutely shredded.
>>
I really want to move away from BD, it was awful compared to Fighters or TRY, at least Fighters and TRY had stakes (you lose, you're gunpla gets litterally torn apart). The fight with No-Name was one of the best battles in DB, same with the ep where the girls had that race. If that had more episodes like that, BD would have been significantly more enjoyable.
>>
>>17147207
>We know Divers is getting a second season 2 later this year.
Do we? Please no, this was the shittest mecha show of 2018
>>
>>17151837
Weak point identifiers?
ESP visuals or something?
Also able to read enemy stats? ( HP/MP )
>>
>>17152250
False, half of BD was about Sarah getting deleted and everyone knows Sarah is the best waifu from the Build shows.
>>
>>17152320

The deletion thing was only a major plot point in the last 2 or 3 episodes, were you paying attention or fantasying?
>>
>>17147207
The end teased everyone going to an IBO world. So I guess I wanna see that, and how the cast can handle a no beam weapons handicap. Also, more Ayame.
>>
>>17152320

More than half the series was about the break decals... Not that they really went anywhere
>>
>>17152403
Wonder if we'll finally see how heat weapons handle Ibo armour.
>>
>>17152403
galbaldy rebake already flacks beam weapons, so probably not much will really be effected.

>>17151837
GBN looked ridiculously unbalanced from an actual game perspective. every high ranking suit shown in the show had a super mode attached with the exception of maybe love phantom? and everyone in the higher tiers had a unique special move, tigerwolf was able to spam his like nothing else and its power was shown to be on par with the other moves with even more powerful variants. getting an actual supermove also seemed to be by total chance. theres a lot of high ranking pilots, even in avalon that completely lack special moves. and avalon is the highest ranking guild. i think the only high ranking player without a special so far is rommel. and outside of the first episode he always appeared to be the weakest one.

actually acquiring a special move looked like something you would have to ancidentally do. it's gunpla specific and has no known way to get it without "build a gunpla super good and become super good at piloting and you might get one" seemingly based on random chance. and having already established that having a super move is the main factor in reaching the high ranks of the game and it being based on undeterminable factors means that its unbalanced and unfairly geared to the people who honestly unlocked the power by luck.

also just as a note, in that rommel v kyoya fight neither ignited a special mode or a super move, we already know that kyoya has the ability to do both far before that point so rommel might not even be competition based on weather or not he has a super move
>>
>>17152410
I doubt they'll get too specific about it. But I assume there's a damage reduction if beam weapons are used, compared to ballistic or blade type weapons.
>>
>>17152413

So it's luck based instead of pay to win?
>>
>>17152429
honestly that depends, you need to buy gunpla for parts to use (although they have custom made parts in the show easily obtainable), however you dont need to constantly repair and buy replacements for broken parts. and we dont know if you can buy a gunpla that can use a special move and if said move functions on your account. so there could be some pay to win aspects but its also very rng dependant. and i doubt anyone would sell a gunpla that has a special move due to the aforementioned difficulty in actually acquiring a suit that has a supermove unless they were retiring. and based on how quickly riku shot up the ranks after getting a super move it seems like they are fairly rare and anyone with them would likely be in the higher tier of players. we also know that the high ranking players get a lot of publicity in the user and viewer base, so even if a player was retiring with a suit that had a special move it would probably be moreso a collectors piece thats wildly expensive than a suit that a pay to win type person would actually use.

>>17147207
i didnt answer this question with my first post. but i'd like to see a commercial aspect to the world. we know that many people not only play, but also watch tournaments, yet theres no sign of any form of sponsorships for high level teams. i'd like to start seeing some gunpla with sponsorship logos on them like supercars have. make it seem a bit more like professional e-sports. i understand that season 1 is probably them using suits designed for casual play rather than professional level play. but i'd like to see a professional e-sports aspect to the game.
>>
>>17152320
She has so little personality I'm actually baffled that the writer expect me to give a damn when she's going to be deleted.
>>
>>17152320

I prefer Aila, best waifu.
>>
>>17152436

Regarding the issue of the randomness of super moves, we might be seeing a bit of cross-pollination of ideas from some Japanese MMOs. The game name eludes me at the moment, but I was reading just the other day about some platform that awards incredibly potent abilities to players seemingly at random, much to the ire of some of the more established playerbase. I'm not sure GBN is quite so haphazard, but they certainly didn't go into much detail as to how someone unlocks a super move. All we're told is that the move derives itself both from the specifc Gunpla and the player's personal style, so someone like Tigerwolf naturally developed a ki-like attack rather than some kind of super sniper weapon, and Riku's 00 Sky didn't get an EXAM or the like. If I had to guess the game probably keeps internal track of how often you do certain things, and how effective you did them, so at a certain threshhold that just becomes the super move for your unit.

We're not told whether all super moves are meant to be offensive finishers or whether they can be widespread support effects/defensive measures too. I could totally see Rommel's 'super move' just being some manner of battlefield awareness or stat boosting for his squad, since he tends to rely on tactics and coordinated maneuvers.

It's also impossible to know how much the digital gunpla inherits abilities from the actual parts of the kit. Gunpla Battle at least had this internal logic that the particles were animating that ACTUAL kit, so your workmanship and the parts you use will naturally work a certain way. I have a hard time conceiving of how the game could document all the individual pieces of a kit during a scan and then somehow determine specific functionality, unless unique part blocks (like Solar Furnaces) have some kind of Break Decal-like microchip that conveys to the system what it can do.
>>
>>17147663
but only Sekai was a gary stu
>>
MC who DOESN'T use a gundam.
>>
>>17151881
I thought Arc and Lancier did swap parts during one of the final battles.
>>
>>17152948
>people seriously believe that
>>
>>17152962
Same, personally I’d love for the MC to start with something OP as hell like a Doven Wolf or the Messala as the base for something insane.
>>
>>17153002
>Honestly thinking Reiji was a Gary stu
>Spends the first half of the series learning new shit and training between every match.
>Lost to pro players multiple times early in the series.
>His agressiveness got his hand injured during their important tournament and almost got them eliminated.
>Had to learn to respect the work Sei puts into build strike.

People who think Reiji was a Gary Stu only see him as he was in the first episode. He had his character flaws and development throughout the series and had to work to get as good as he was by the end.
>>
MC who DOES use a psycho gundam.
>>
>>17152962
>Gundam
>MC who DOESN'T use a gundam.
I'm sorry anon.
>>
File: LRX-077_Sisquiede.jpg (484 KB, 1373x2000)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>17153033
Can it be the moneye gundam at least?
>>
>>17153033
0080, Christina's part of the main cast, but not the main character. There's a bunch of other stuff like MS Igloo
>>
>>17152962
This.
>>
>>17152436
You’d probably have to be pretty adept at coding, too, like with second life.
>>
>>17153043
It will be Nu + Freedom + Exia. Please buy our gunpla.
>>
>>17152948
Sekai only won the qualifier tournament (if I remember right) which presumably is way easier than being the world champ
>>
>>17152962
>use a custom GM visor type MS
>everyone on /m/ loves the MC
>final episode big epic battle
>GM MC badly damaged, head shatters, revealing a gundam head underneath and suddenly MC goes full instant win one shot KO the antagonist
>>
File: Phantom Gundam monoeye.jpg (406 KB, 899x540)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>17153090
>visor breaks revealing monoeye
>declared saint by /m/
>>
>>17153028
The problem is that he's near world level right off the bat, and without having ever fought a gunpla battle prior. Meijin is supposed to be the greatest player in the world, and yet he was able to go toe to toe with him by their second encounter. Not to mention beating a bunch of veterans in a Ball, and training against Fellini while still using a ball.

Regardless, this is all largely forgiveable as he does have his flaws and growth as a character. He's a great character too because of his dynamic with Sei.
>>
>>17153070
The problem with that point, is despite the competition only being the nationals, we see feats performed that very clearly outstrip anything seen in the world tournament. Everything has been dialed to 101 (including Tatsuya's chuuniness), making it hard to believe that we aren't watching world tournament level. Fights in TRY are less about technique, and more about spectacle.
>>
>>17153070
It wasn't the qualifier. It was an entirely separate japan kids tournament that only went up to nationals.
>>
>>17153108
>Monoeye breaks.
>Reveals a guy holding a camera.
>/m/ is confused.
>>
>>17152648
>Regarding the issue of the randomness of super moves, we might be seeing a bit of cross-pollination of ideas from some Japanese MMOs. The game name eludes me at the moment, but I was reading just the other day about some platform that awards incredibly potent abilities to players seemingly at random, much to the ire of some of the more established playerbase.
Isn't that how Jedi used to work in Star Wars Galaxies? Then they overhauled the game multiple times until it was just a class.
>>
File: Dw48SvSUYAUdo-Q.jpg (83 KB, 900x1200)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/HID_pmx003theo/status/1084870884735610880
>>
>>17147732
>Riku was hardly a gary stu
>>
>>17152320
Sarah is shit though.
>>
>new Divers season/series focuses on a new group of characters since everyone's arcs have been more or less resolved.
>Set it in the new Server
>Keep using customs derived from existing Mobile Suits. BF Try's over-saturation of OC DONUT STEEL Gunpla soured me towards it, and it only got worse from there. Though I wouldn't be averse to someone using customs of Gunpla from Try.
>Do a better job of showing the character's progression as a competent player. Riku started off well enough, but it was heavily mitigated with the implication that Sarah helped him bullshit his way to victory unconsciously.
>No mysterious AI waifu bullshit. Unless you give them an actual fucking personality. Sarah was flatter than fucking cardboard.
>>
Give the GM Cardigan the love it deserved. a FeMC that uses an actual ms and not sd/joke units. wouldn't mind a dark skin MC either
>>
>>17154703
They showed some more custom units not in the first two shows but done off screen. Those other units on hobbyjapan
>>
>>17153179
Reiji had better instincts/reaction times even before practicing. Meijin wasn't exactly in the right mind in episode 24 though and Reiji/Sei would probably lose to the F91 user if they had to play against Mackenzie ( at 100% )
>>
>>17154703
>mitigated with the implication that Sarah helped him bullshit his way to victory unconsciously.

There's an entire episode about confirming that wasn't the case. Even for the retards who scream that the pendant flashed during the fight all that happened when it did was he activated transam and was still barely keeping up.
>>
>>17152967
they swapped parts during the first episode with the clanches. i dont think they did at the end
>>
>>17147207
Riku bukakke-ing Busou Shinki Sarah
>>
>tfw clawshrimpy likes GBFT the most
>>
https://nyaa.si/view/1108690
>That description
Build Divers "fans" confirmed for contrarians

Face it, the show was SHIT
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.58 MB, 1898x1068)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
>>17148391
:^)
>>
I want the fag squad back
>>
>>17151837
>Which means somewhere in GBN some lunatic is flying around with a custom built Zero System ALICE Biosensing Hyper Trans-EXAM Nitro-TD Moding Super Ball.
I legit want to see a force of batshit custom balls.
>>
>>17155538

Would it be possible, I'd totally field a Ball that was designed to turn into the head of a transforming White Base, and build my own Fortress Maximus.
>>
>>17155538
the polypodball comes from a build divers side story. too bad that the only thing that the guy actually wanted to add was legs. and he only did it because he thought that mobile suits shouldnt be the only ones with legs
>>
>>17155557
You're forgetting the cost factor, and that BALL is a poorfag.
>>
File: Dmnwxc2W4AARQwh.jpg (174 KB, 802x1200)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>17155398
Nobody with a straight face can say Divers was good. Everyone agrees on that. At least it had some cute girls
>>
File: polypod ball.jpg (432 KB, 2048x1536)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>17155557
>>
What we want and what we get are usually two totally different things.
I want to see lots of AoZ customs, but will that happen? No.
>>
Beyond the model kits I'd like to see, I'd like to see the focus shift to following an already developed Force and everything that comes with it instead of staying with the new up and comers. Show the day to day life of a group that struggles to stay relevant in a world like GBN, internal struggles that come up with a larger group, etc.

The first season got meta with MMOs, and I'd like them to keep going with that, but in another direction.
>>
>>17155790
I wrote a fanfic of this exact concept but I haven't posted it or gone back to it after 4 chapters in
>>
>>17148409
>what is hyakki
If not then we have Build Divers Break
>>
>>17151895
This this ALL of this
>>
>>17151895
And through all of this, the GM was STILL the most realistic thing presented to us through the entirety of Divers. I swear, some of the writers clearly had some MMO experience under their belts.
>>
File: bd20m_0001.jpg (677 KB, 1060x1510)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
>>17155978
>>17155955
>>17151895
Even the model manuals talk about how laid back their approach is and how the admins basically don't get involved unless its purely a problem with the system.
>>
>>17155985
So you’re saying if a malicious hacker managed to break his way through the game’s code and started actually corrupting the game it would be up to the players to do something about him? What if he’s not using an avatar, but hacking from the outside to the code directly? That’s how you get people who get away with dumb shit like abusing bugs and scaring players away from their game
>>
>>17155991
This is actually standard practice for JP MMOs, as they tend to distance themselves from the game itself and focus on the code side of things, encouraging self moderation. It honestly feels like a cynical look at this kind of mindset and why it's a bad thing, and I feel it's one of the few things the show does fantastically.
>>
>>17156003
>self moderation
Unless they give players some shit like the fucking ban missiles I find it difficult to believe players could do anything more than scream at the hacker indefinitely until he goes away or something. What are the GMs gonna do? Keep fixing the bugs until he gets bored and goes away?
>>
>>17155991
That's exactly what the plot of the first half of Divers is about. A guy is distributing decals with a special nanochip inside that exploits holes in the system and on initial scan of your gunpla the scan picks up the information on the chip and gives your gunpla all sorts of stats and abilities its not supposed to have. This was destabilizing the game to the point it was about to crash and corrupt the code permanently. The admins were doing next to nothing but monitoring the situation and only acted once one of their player buddies had a secret backdoor meeting with them and asked them if they could at least isolate the server they had tracked the hacker's avatar down to.
>>
>>17156023
It's Japanese mentality. The culture has a feeling of "trust your superiors, they know better than you do" and assuming that you believe otherwise is an insult to authority. Generally, players are encouraged to report things like this and just let the GMs handle it, and go about playing the game like it doesn't concern you. Because it doesn't, you worthless peo-I mean valued player.
>>
test
>>
>>17154681
>loses the most out of all Build protags
>is shown to heavily rely on teamwork and strategy during force battles/challenges
>actually adjusts suit to accommodate upcoming battles
>ms upgrade is just as well based off of what he learned from his allies and mentors
>Not to mention Kyoya manhandled his ass even after getting backup from Ogre, only winning because their combined sp attack manage to overpower Kyoya's
Shit. After writing that out, I now actually like Riku more.
>>
>>17155790
>The first season got meta with MMOs, and I'd like them to keep going with that, but in another direction.
Raids going to shit and the leader's girlfriend fucking shit up with half the force quitting.

Living the MMO dream.
>>
>Literally the top player in the game.
>Everyone respects him.
>Just as friendly with new players as he is with old friends.
>Names his forces stuff after King Arthur things.
>Likes cute things.
>Pro gamers who joined as a job became his fanboys after getting their ass kicked.
>Went undercover on his twink account to uncover hackers.
>Formed an alliance against said hackers.
>Used his Admin contact to actually get the admins off their ass and moving.
>Was secretly on the Build Diver's side during the Sarah incident and manipulated both sides perfectly to get the rest of the games population on her side in the end.
>Cockblocked an admin from going back on his word and trying to forcibly delete Sarah.
>Just as handsome in real life as he is in the game.

Why was he so perfect.
>>
>>17156084
Exactly. Well, not exactly that but it's a good example. Keep up the "real" edge to it and show all facets of an MMO lifestyle. It's clear they're all familiar with it.
>>
>>17156083
He also constantly seeks his challenges in an effort to improve. Riku's meeting with Tigerwolf and Shahryar are because he went out of his way to learn from them. Same with his meeting with Rommel. Deliberately challenged Rom's Rookies for his first force battle because he wanted to prove himself. Only his meeting with Kyoya was a real coincidence; but given how big of a fanboy he was, a meeting was probably inevitable.

Meanwhile both Reiji and Sei just met everyone due to coincidence or as a consequence of the tournament format. As fore Sekai, well he's Sekai.
>>
>>17156119
Either he was going easy on Rommel in the first ep, or the ermine is a better pilot than he's portrayed. Because Kyoya in the last two episodes was a brutal beast.
>>
>>17156131
Actually fighting Rommel's guys was a coincidence. Monthly Force battles are randomized based on rank and Rommel had some of his lower ranked new guys temporarily form their own force to participate and get an easy win as a reward for their hard work training under him as well as getting some battle experiance. The build Divers just chose to accept the match even after knowing they were Rommel's men.
>>
>>17156139
I kind of want to go with a little of both, honestly. We don't see a whole lot of Rommel fighting so we don't have an accurate measure to how good he really is. But considering what the final few episodes showed us, Kyoya clearly wasn't going ENTIRELY all out on Rommel back then, and he doesn't really strike me as the type that would.
>>
>>17156156
Had to watch the episode again to confirm.
Rommel actually put out a challenge in the form of an event battle, for anyone who has yet to do a force battle to take on his team of rookies. Momoka even mentions there are plenty of other force battles to choose from.
>>
>>17156119
>likes cute things
W-When?
>>
I just want a Freedom custom.
We have plenty of Strike and Strike Freedom customs, but barely anything for regular Freedom.
>>
>>17156083
Riku's problem was that he wasn't given enough quirks or flaws to be endearing, or time for his emotions to shine. He's a well-meaning kid, but too bland as is outside of his major duels where he says what's on his mind.

Given the central theme of friendship, I think Riku would have benefited if he were somewhat of a lonely but talented introvert, of whom Yukki is his only friend; making the friends he makes subsequently all that more important to him. Like the reason he doesn't want to join the soccer team at the start isn't because he has other priorities, but that he's too anxious around others to play well with a team. However within GBN he feels inspired by his hero Kyoya to improve himself; a feeling that is bolstered by Riku actually meeting Kyoya, and thus sparking the journey he experiences during the rest of the show.
Likewise Yukki had some good development later in the show, but deserved as much attention during the first half.
>>
>>17156589
On the other hand they could have gone full Reiji with Riku, but to the point of being obnoxiously arrogant about his high standing and skill as a highschool athlete/student. Then have him taken down several pegs in GBN, which makes him reevaluate his personality. Make Yukki a childhood friend who only really tolerates him because Riku wasn't always a dickhead, and thinks he can change.
>>
>>17156180
rommels lack of any super move in the show really limits what he can actually do. he doesnt use the drones his suit has in the backpack so i dont think when he fought kyoya he was using his full power either. though as i said earlier he is the only high ranking diver that doesnt have a supermove. so its likely his force is high ranked not because of his combat prowess, which is probably not amazing considering his apparent lack of a powerful super. but because of his tactical skill. which is what actually wins most of the force battles that are actually in the show. with the exception of the raid which was heavily due to tactics anyway.

and him not being the carrier for the force flag means that he probably knew that he couldnt beat kyoya in a 1 on 1 fight anyway. i think rommel is a fairly competent pilot. but due to the barrier that i can see for being a high tier powerhouse i wouldnt put him individually on the same level as a lot of the other characters, he's probably the best non super move capable character. which puts him below characters that we know are in the fairly high rankings like riku and ogre who are upcoming players. but above everyone who isnt a force leader. though i think takusa might be very close despite losing to a pre 00 sky riku. though its hard to say if he was out of practice due to GPD being dead, riku won by luck or he's not as good as the no names visuals seem to imply. i think he'd have an edge because no name has a super mode which the grimoire doesnt
>>
>>17156589

What you're really saying is Koichi should have been the MC, because he hits almost all those thematic beats while also having a personal connection to the antagonist of the first arc. His introduction episode had the most emotional impact of anything in the entire season.
>>
>>17147446
>enjoy Divers
How?
>>
I want to impregnate all the girls
>>
File: 69199540_p0.png (236 KB, 1042x725)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>17159016
Good taste
>>
>>17158345
Nah. Koichi has a very different arc in that he learns to overcome the trauma of losing his friends in order to open up to others again, whereas Riku would be someone who was always an introvert for some reason.

Having him see Riku deliberately fighting against his own introverted tendencies to improve as a person and a fighter, would serve as an even better prompt for Koichi to get over himself. You could still have Riku annoy Koichi about joining his team, as well as the whole bit about putting together Koichi's old kits; but in this case Riku would be visibly struggling with doing such, while also having more empathy for K1 due to his own experiences. You could even have K1 joining partially because he wants to help Riku become less like himself.
>>
>>17153179
He had plavsky particle haxors tho
>>
More Patrick cameos
>>
>>17159575
Those were a genuinely fun little thing to be looking out for.
>>
File: 1533690457305.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1000)
212 KB
212 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.