[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1546807772783.jpg (83 KB, 911x1024)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>Men of Destiny is a better OP than The Winner
>Zeta OP 2 has the better song, but OP 1 has the better visuals
>2nd Gen Armored Core is the best
>Gundam SEED is good on it's own
>Metal Gear Rising is a better Metal Gear game than V
>>
>>17139052
>>Gundam SEED is good on it's own
This is a fairly popular opinion. Vocal Minority just distorts this.
>>
>>17139060
Normally I hear people say it's just ok, but I think it's not just ok but legitimately good. It gave us a story that was self-contained, had a pretty smooth progression in its plot barring clipshows, some really good mechanical design, and one of my favorite Char clones.
>>
File: 1542692274293.png (346 KB, 1152x392)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>17139052
>>Men of Destiny is a better OP than The Winner
>>Metal Gear Rising is a better Metal Gear game than V
These aren't really unpopular opinions but okay

Unless it's really, actually bad or the Japanese voice acting is just that good I tend to just default to English dubs most of the time when one's available, which isn't really all that often these days anyways. The gap between Japanese and English voice acting is extremely overblown, the vast majority most of both just sounds "fine" and is mostly unremarkable.
>>
File: walterohno.jpg (42 KB, 470x358)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>17139052
None of these are unpopular, not a single one, I've never seen anyone fail at making an unpopular options thread so hard.
>>
You want unpopular. I'll give you unpopular.
Godzilla X Mothra
>>
File: 1533400711825.jpg (223 KB, 1024x1024)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>17139052
You wanna see a REAL unpopular opinion?

I think Symphogear is one of the best new series from this decade and would easily be the best /m/ show from this decade as well if Build Fighters and Space Dandy didn't exist.
>>
>>17139052
>After War Gundam X getting reduced to 39 episodes benefited it in the end
>Kira is an amazing character up until he gets Freedom
>>
>>17139301
>>Kira is an amazing character up until he gets Freedom
This is not unpopular. We even think that the Kira that awakened in PLANT was a clone.
>>
File: ----.png (18 KB, 350x302)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>17139052
>Unpopular Opinions
>>
This first three SEED Destiny compilation movies are the best piece of Gundam media released in the 00s.
>>
>>17139291
>>Space Dandy is /m/
Now that's an unpopular opinion
>>
>>17139052
I like Code Gayass.
>>
the original zeta OP's are classic, but this one fits better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVp_jCwhFB0
>>
>>17139362
>>
>>17139052
I think ZZ is legitimately great starting from episode 18 (aside from the first half of episode 41), with episode 25 being one of the greatest episode in the history of Gundam in general. It's also the most visually impressive Gundam TV series. Silent Voice is far superior to Anime ja Nai as well (not that I dislike it)
>>
>>17139396
Fuck, I forgot about G-Reco. Make that second best looking then.
>>
>>17139362
I'm not sure I'll say it's better. I'm enamored with all the Zeta OPs I'd say. This was the Zeta OP I began watching the series with I believe... and then with the second half of the show I switched from dub to sub for some reason.
>>
File: fa_beamrifle-1.jpg (88 KB, 600x341)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
The ZZ gundams twin barrel beam rifle looks fucking stupid, i wish it was like this instead
>>
>>17139052
ok the only good Macross was the first one when it was a war story, the other one are dog shit
>>
>>17139052
The second arc with Four in Zeta is one of the worst parts of any Gundam show.
>>
>>17139396
This is a pretty popular opinion, especially on this board
>>
Kamen rider Zi-o sucks.
>>
>>17139052
>Robotech is better than Macross
>zeon has been overdone to death to the point of being a joke
>south sea alliance sounds like a cool idea but need the spotlight (no zeon at all)
>we need more non-Gundam shows
>>
>>17142654
Now this anon gets it.

Four really should have died in Hong Kong, so we could have, reintroduced Rosamia much earlier and would've had time to flesh out Scirocco as a character.
>>
>>17139052
Sorry, OP, but you only posted correct opinions.
>>
>ToQger is bad
>Ex-Aid is bad
>Goldstorm is worse than Yami wo Terasu Mono
>>
>>17142654
It gave us Kamille throwing cripple Jerid off the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro, that was worth it.
>>
>Gundam is shit and Tomino doesn't deserve any credit or praise
>Space Dandy is one of the best anime in made this decade
>Too much classic /m/ is overlong boring toy commercials
>Realismfags are the worst, the people who go "durr why use a mek lol"
>Layzner has the greatest OP of all time
>Calling your opinion unpopular doesn't make it immune to criticism
>>
File: 11197035194111.jpg (160 KB, 570x804)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>17144579
>>Space Dandy is one of the best anime in made this decade
tits are better than ass
>>
>>17144657
This but unironically but the opposite
>>
>>17139052
>Metal Gear Rising is a better Metal Gear game than V
This is 100% true, though
>>
>>17139052
>Comet Lucifer is a fantastic mecha anime
>>
People who use terms like "real robot" and "super robot" need to be hung from the trees or gassed.

I honestly hate Kamen Rider as a franchise.

This is only unpopular on this board, but Evangelion is one of the best /m/ series.

J-Decker is the best Brave series.
>>
>>17139060
Imagine being retarded enough to believe this.
>>
>Gundam AGE is actually good, even if Kio is a faggot and his arc sucks
>until Shinkalion came out G Reco was the last great /m/ show
>Katoki is actually a good designer, just his model kits are mostly trash with some standouts
>the Gundam 3.0 is a terrible redesign
>The Origin actually has good animation, it gives the mobile suits an actual sense of speed (although it is out of place on OYW designs)
Oh yeah, and this last one I know is the consensus on 2ch but I can't remember for the life of me what people think about him here, so I may as well post it too
>NAOKI is a talentless hack and shouldn't be allowed to design anything ever again
>>
Origin's CGI is amazing and some of the best CGI in all anime
>>
IBO had interresting setting, and the ms design is unorthodox compared to every AU gundam
>>
>>17139052
I unironically liked Gundam Unicorn.
>>
Destiny would be fine if Kira wasn't in it.
>>
>Eva wasn't that good, though it was well directed.
>Also every girl in that show are horrible waifus.
>Rahxephon while obviously aping Eva still managed to be a half decent show.
>Anno's best show is gunbuster
>Even if Tomino died before making Gundam, he'd still be memorable because of his super robot contributions.
>Kawamori basically stole Macross.
>Shinkalion is a fun, but a little too kiddy to be memorable.
>SRW games were better before they got Voice acting.
>>
Q, the ending theme to Raideen The Superior, is unironically one of the best ending themes to any mecha anime. Fight me.
>>
Ali project ops weren't that bad, they just started to sound alike after a while.
>>
>Tankfags should stay in /k/
>>
>>17139291
Yeah but Symphogear and Space Dandy aren't mecha shows, they just get posted on /m/.
>>
>real robot is just super robot painted green
>teens piloting robots is and will aways is dumb
>likeing a show just because the mechs" look cool" just shows how much of a pleb you are.
>>
>>17148806

>Kawamori basically stole Macross.

Can you please elaborate?
>>
The Build franchise stopped being good after the first season, i have no idea why people like Try or Divers and i thought they were terrible shows and i have zero hope for anything else from that continuity.

People who think IBO is the worst Gundam entry in the entire franchise are fucking insane petty wretches.

War in the Pocket is overrated and the soundtrack is one of the worst things put to animation.

Gundam badly deserves another super robot series like G.

The sooner UC dies for good, the better for everyone.
>>
>>17139052
A lot of people like Men of Destiny more than the winner.
>>
>>17150222
As far as I understand SDFM was a collaborative work with Kawamori, Ishiguro, and Itano, similar to how Yamato was Matsumoto and Nishizaki
Over time Kawamori maneuvered himself to be THE Macross guy, like Matsumoto tried while Nishizaki was in prison but successfully
>>
>>17150237
IBOfags are cancer.
>>
>>17150237
>The Build franchise stopped being good after the first season, i have no idea why people like Try or Divers and i thought they were terrible shows and i have zero hope for anything else from that continuity.
This is not an unpopular opinion
>>
>getter robo (manga,anime,) is always a better franchise then mazinger z.
>UC Gundam started sucking after chars counterattack. Nothing UC afterwards is good.
>Evangelion is not a hybrid robot, its a super robot show. People just really hate saying that eva is in the same genre as combattler V.
>G Gundam IS, however, a hybrid robot show, not a super robot show. Just cause there is zany antocs happenong doesn't mean that automatically makes it super.
>Votoms is better then Zeta Gundam.
>Nadesico is shit.
>every super sentai before dynaman and every sentai after gokaiger is garbage.
>modern kamen rider is more metal hero show then kamen rider.
>people only say "toku isnt /m/" (outside the obvious joke) is because toku looks like power rangers and power rangers is the bottom of the barrel kiddie shit.
>>
>>17139052
But all of those opinions are correct anon
>>
>>17139291
can you give him the JUST eyes?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.41 MB, 1408x2000)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
>>17139052
Char Clones are shit and have never been utilized properly in Gundam.
Instead of being characters on their own that go through arcs that lead them down a path similar to Char they have a "CCA" switch that gets flipped in the second season/end of the show. Graham Aker being the worst example donning a stupid mask and name and having everything interesting about his personality butchered while getting way too much screen time.

Pic Related is a great show, the main characters all being teenagers while a common trope in the industry is essential here because it plays a large part in the actions they take that would be egregious from an adult, it has the best char clone and it isn't even Gundam
>>
File: 1488748204091.png (444 KB, 501x375)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>17150195
That's why I said /m/ shows, not mecha shows anon
>>
>>17146325
This is not unpopular at all. Championing the show as actually good would be.
>>
>>17150254

Glad someone remembered the topic name and theme
>>
>Gundam Wing is the absolute worst entry in the franchise, I literally cannot comprehned how you can even consider it decent. At least it had okay grunt suits.
>Even if it's the worst in the franchise Macross Delta is still pretty good.
>Narrative is the best thing that came out of Gundam in the lasts ten years.
>Prince of Darkness wasn't that bad.
>I don't think it's unpopular here, but how the fuck did a show as mediocre as Code Geass managed to be this popular?
>Despite its amazing designs, the OG Dancouga is unbearable to watch, Nova was much more enterntaining.
>>
Mobile fighter g gundam is terrible and I hate it. When inwatch gundam I want gundam, not a super robot mazinger ripoff.
>>
>>17139052
Zeta might be the worst of the main three early UC shows.
>>
>>17139052
AGE is better than G-reco and IBO.
>>
>>17139362
This is the hill I'll die on.

>That trumpet lead + visuals @ 0:37
>>
>>17150240
Itano still gets credited with the "Itano Circus", but Kawamori is the heart and soul of Macross. I wouldn't really say he stole it if he pulls most of the weight
>>
>>17150510
>>17150195
People on /m/ can be total retards as they forget that /m/'s definition of mecha is not the sole objective definition of mecha. Inb4 "it says "/m/ - Mecha" that means everything in this board is MECHA!" That's not true, toku like Ultraman are not mecha but are /m/. THEY BELONG in /m/ but they're not necessarily mecha outside of /m/

I think Gridman is great because it shows that modern mecha can be great despite having CGI. Its 2D bits and final 2D battle was good enough to keep 2D purists to keep watching imo.
If Darling in the Franxx ended well, it could've pushed more 2D mecha but the writers had to be hacks and ruin everything.
I hope Promare and Gridman can set an example and not end up like Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>17151196
Franxx needed more than a good ending, it needed a good everything.
>>
File: like me.jpg (77 KB, 1027x598)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>17139052
Class rep is best girl.
>>
>>17139052
i love men of destiny better than the first one
>>17150970
age´s second arc is great , and theres real love poured into the vajra desings
>>
tomb raider legend and tenchu 3 were the first good games of their respective series, both for the same reasons: acrobatic 3D platforming only works with long draw distance and analog control.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.