[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

OUT ON NETFLIX
>>
>>17135731
But does he actually eat the planet?
>>
>>17135731
is it kino?
>>
upload it faggot I already got my popcorn
>>
>>17135731
Come on, anon. You can't leave us hanging like this. I don't have a Jewflix account. Please do share with us. I'm already settling in for a comfy watch.
>>
>>17135731
the first one was mediocre, should i continue with the rest?
>>
>>17135982
The second one is sort of underrated. Of course it's not the greatest thing ever but it is better than what people give it credit for. First one was garbage. I don't know about this one but if OP shares with us then we'll know I guess.
>>
>>17135994
It’s great
>>
>Human civilization may have been the product and plan of the Exif
What did Urobuchi hope to convey with this?
>>
>>17135982
The second ones a lot weaker honestly. Without having the advantage of introducing the visual style as well as the entire scenario it essentially just feels like set up for a vs. movie. But instead you just get what is equivalent to a bunch of mazer tanks failing to beat godzilla. I don't know how other people felt during the action scenes but I never got any notion that there was even a sliver of a chance the vultures could stop Godzilla. There was absolutely no tension. They might as well have been using modern weaponry to annoy him.
>>
>>17136060
The first movie is just world-building. The second movie has the philosophy, more complex characters, and the fight with the Vultures was a more engaging fight than the bikers in POTM. You could even watch the second one without the first honestly.
>>
>>17136067
>The first movie is just world-building.
Which is honestly the only strong point of this trilogy.
>>
>>17136071
I always felt that Urobuchi was really good at coming up with the concept of a universe but isn't as good at executing the story he wants to tell in that universe. For instance, I absolutely loved the concept of a Lovecraftian cosmic horror Ghidorah. The execution wasn't handled very well apparently. All in all, I feel like this trilogy has some of the best worldbuilding in the Godzilla franchise. Only its execution fell short.
>>
>>17136087
Urobuchi wanted real fights and shit but Toho was retarded and demanded that there be no kaiju fights in these.
>>
>>17136087
Urobutcher was extremely limited by Toho handing down inane orders including that the trilogy not include any monster battles.
>企画の初期段階で東宝さんから「このアニメ版ゴジラは怪獣プロレスにはしません」という宣言というか、方針確認があったんです。「アニメで怪獣をやる」という意味について初期段階で検討したんですね。日本だと「怪獣という存在」と「怪獣プロレス」がどこかでセットのイメージがあって。だからこそ「プロレスをしない怪獣」というのは、大胆な切り口であり、虚淵さんは原案を考えていく段階で、そこを起点にしていました。もともとゴジラ映画を見ていない静野さんには、僕と虚淵さんで「ここから先、ゴジラ映画を見ないでください」と伝えました。そんな静野さんの「ゴジラが口から火吐くのはどうなのかな」とか、その視点でしか出てこないアイデアが、結果的に、「ゴジラ」シリーズを見たことがないような女性ファンがアニメ版ゴジラを見てくださっているという流れを生み出し、戦略目的は達成できています。もし僕と虚淵さんだけだったら、極端な話、メカゴジラシティが最後に合体して、全高1kmのメカゴジラになってますよ(笑)。そこからはもう30分間、戦闘のみです。指から目から鼻から、ビーム、ミサイルが飛んで、あとは首が回転したり、あらゆるギミックが……(笑)。
>Seshita says it was TOHO that told them from the beginning of the project that it was NOT to be about kaiju fights. Urobuchi wrote his script on this basis. Shizuno had barely seen Godzilla movies to begin with and came up with "interesting ideas" like "does he really have to breathe fire". As a result they did succeed in getting to new fanbases, especially younger women.
>Shizuno barely watched tokusatsu films and so didn't have any preconceptions on what a Godzilla film "should be like".
>Seshita says that if it were just him and Urobuchi, Mecha Godzilla City would have probably ended with the entire city combining and standing up to form a 1 km tall Mecha Godzilla.
>Urobuchi wanted to have all of the turrets turn into Mecha Godzilla heads but Shizuno stopped it from happening.
>Seshita says that if it weren't for Shizuno, the Exifs would probably all have worn sunglasses like the Xians.
>>
>>17136090
Regardless of circumstances I'm surprised he was open to pointing fingers so soon after the movie was released. I thought that kind of stuff was fairly taboo in Japan. He must have been pretty frustrated to get to that point.
>>
>>17136087
So why all the hate for the characters here? They're among the most competently written characters a Godzilla movie has featured in a long time.
>>
>>17136098
I don't find them particularly interesting.
>>
>>17136096
Unlike what retards from /a/ might have you believe Urobuchi loves fuckers in shades and coats with guns doing kung-fu (refer to Phantom, Vjedogonia, Kikokugai, even Fate/Zero) and if he had free reign he would’ve literally written Final Wars Only More Guns and Kung-Fu. Toho’s dumb “noooo kaiju fights are only for our REAL movies” and the director literally being a guy who does “durrr, why dose godzila breathes the fire?????” are to blame for any problems the trilogy has and it’s amazing that they turned out as good as they did despite them.
>>
>>17136096
The creative landscape in Japan has changed a lot over the last five years bro. More and more creators are expressing themselves and taking agency over their creations. A lot of creators are tired of being background props especially when their works were being ripped off.
>>
File: Mothra.jpg (21 KB, 1101x606)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
She's in
>>
>>17136098
The humans are rarely the meat and potatoes in Godzilla movies, yet in this trilogy they are the largest element linking the three movies together, so of course people are comparing them by a different standard.
>>
>>17136090
This just seems weird. Why would Toho want to pass up the chance for merchandise sales? Because of the content in the movies (that they apparently pushed for) the second movie doesn't even really promote the Mecha Godzilla vinyl they made, and they had a hard time even coming up with a way to interpret Ghidorah as a vinyl.
>>
>>17135731
Thx. I thought episode 1 > episode 2 but episode 2 had better action. Gonna watch this
>>
>>17136191
Perhaps they wanted to distinguish this series from the Legendary movie, sonce that will be a more traditional Godzilla film, giving them room to experiment.
>>
Does he get his qt moth harem?
>>
It was pretty fucked up when Metphies made the moth girl into soup and fed it to people. But then maybe the staff felt that way too so they showed her tied up later even though she didn't do much afterwards.
>>
I liked. It was on the same vibe as the other 2 with less battles, but the themes are way stronger in this.

Haruo was truly a nikuiman
>>
>>17136113
That's a bad thing. They are being too influenced by the degenerate west.
>>
>>17136304
Shut up Toho.
>>
>the crew seeing their death readings before they die

Holy shit that's scary.
>>
Just watched it. Holy shit, what a trip. I was expecting Lovecraftian Ghidorah, but that surrealism and execution was over the top. Definitely wasn't ready for it, and I think they blew all their budget on this one. Much more quality and dynamic shots than City and Planet combined. I'll probably rewatch it later because hoo boy.
It's honestly a satisfying and rather humble conclusion to the trilogy. One thing I'm sure is that this will be just as hit or miss as City was. Probably one of the few anime I know that tackles religion so bluntly.
>>
>>17136317
That scene was fucking kino. Say what you want about this trilogy and Ghidorah’s design, his concept for this movie was amazing. The first time a Ghidorah actually creeped me out and gave me Event Horizon vibes.
>>
>>17135731
Don't even want to watch it after hot garbage that was first two movies. Can't wait for that moment when Toho actually will be making new live action movies.
>>
File: SWEAT OVERLOAD.png (93 KB, 300x300)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>Ghidorah's attack on the ship
I know cosmic horror isn't supposed to be literal but holy shit
>No life signs detected on the bridge. Does that mean we're dead?
Fuuuuuuck
>>
>>17136435
That scene was something straight out of what you'd expect in a Call of Cthulhu movie. Right down to space and time bending so hard everything went out of chronological order and they detected their own deaths before it actually happened.
>>
>>17136090
Fucking TOHO cuckolds.
>>
File: img-1_orig.jpg (127 KB, 570x800)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Well that was a waste of several hours of my life.

At least the US is doing Godzilla right.
>>
>>17136559
Godzilla has been so many things what does "right" even mean this point besides not directly violating the messages of the first movie and making him unrecognizable?
>>
What an awful ending. What were they thinking?
>>
>>17136711
Let's make some awful, wastes of time?
>>
File: IMG_20181128_212350.jpg (56 KB, 954x834)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>17136716
Man, I was enjoying the movie for the most part. Then the ending came around and I was disappointed and then the "real" ending happened shortly after and, jeez not even counting the after credits
>>
It's kino. Wonderful callbacks to the original films themes.
>>
>>17136711
How to be the worst of the Godzilla franchise. Normally I'd blame Urobuchi since he made a lot of stinkers, but this one is clearly Toho's massive fuck up.
>>
>>17136711
>>17136720
It wasn't so bad. He was buying humanity more time. Isn't part of Godzilla's theme to show how stupid humanity is?
>>
File: 1532195623937.jpg (109 KB, 588x823)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>17136711
>>17136716
>>17136803
>>
>>17136602
For autists from reddit and tohokingdom: lots of men in monster suits slapping each other

That’s the only metric they have for a “good” godzilla film
>>
File: happeningaaaa.gif (1.37 MB, 720x480)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>No life signs detected on the bridge
shit movie but I have to say that moment was really good
>>
>>17136090
>>17136096
>>17136191
>>17136554
>>17136221
>>17136112
>Mecha Godzilla City would have probably ended with the entire city combining and standing up to form a 1 km tall Mecha Godzilla
He was jocking. That interview is misguiding in written form out of context:
http://spankzilla85.tumblr.com/post/180028146255
>>
>>17137067
L2people, he ain't joking around, he expresses his frustration with the project in a tongue-in-cheek way - which to be fair, is a lot for a nip.
>>
>>17137067
>read my shitty tumblr mistranslations they are more accurate than the actual japanese interview!!!!!!

Kill yourself retard
>>
>>17137080
It's Matt Frank's tumblr, he worked on several Godzilla comics and other projects directly for Toho (as wel as Tsuburaya, he made the Redman comic). He has met people who work in Toho and that post it a japanese contact of him giving CONTEXT to the already translated interview.
There was never going to be a 1km Mechagodzilla fighting Godzilla traditionally, he was just joking and made the movies he wanted to made.
>>
For anyone interested, but not interested enough to sit there and watch the whole thing, spoilers.
>Yuko's a vegetable, no brain activity even though the nanometal is keeping her heart beating
>Metphies convinces most of the survivors that the reason they weren't swallowed by the nanometal was because they were granted a miracle from god, though the real reason is because of the medical treatment that were given by the locals
>The survivors begin idolizing Haruo
>Haruo confronts Metphies who admits it's all a farce but that it's a necessary one in order to summon the Exif's god, which is a being from another dimension, to destroy Godzilla
>The Bilusaludo on board the ship stage a revolt over Haruo's actions at the end of the second movie and take control of the ship's power systems with their demand being Haruo's death
>Lazzari has Miana take Haruo to a hidden location in the hopes that Haruo's absence will both lessen the survivors' zealotry and give the ship's council a way to calm the Bilusaludo by being able to honestly say that they can't find him
>Miana attempts to have sex with Haruo, but her rejects her advances and goes to sleep
>Haruo is awakened by Miana clumsily removing his suit only to realize that it's actually been Maina this whole time, who explains that she's worried about him and wants to ensure he's connected to the future no matter what happens, the two then have sex and fall asleep together
>Miana confronts Matphies at this time and he forces her to see Ghidorah, revealing himself as a telepath
>Haruo has a nightmare about being served soup by Metphies only to learn that Miana's body was used as stock
>Maina also has a nightmare due to her telepathic link with Miana, with Miana screaming Ghidorah's name in her mind
>Metphies and the Exif on board the ship then successfully summon Ghidorah using the zealots on the planet as sacrifices
>>
>>17137181
>Ghidorah manifests right by the ship and proceeds to destroy, warping space and time in the process so that the computer systems report everyone on board as dead several minutes prior to their actual deaths
>Ghidorah then descends to Earth and attacks Godzilla, biting him and draining his energy despite being intangible and not showing up on any sort of scanners
>Haruo realizes that Metphies is on a hilltop on the other side of the canyon and heads off to confront him, asking Maina to stay behind with everyone else
>Haruo reaches Metphies, discovering he's brought Miana with him and tied her up, presumably as bait
>Metphies explains that Godzilla is not a unique phenomenon and that every civilization eventually creates a Godzilla, and that Ghidorah is the god that eats the fruit of civilization's labors that is Godzilla
>He also explains that the Exif are death worshippers and that Ghidorah destroying their planet was their greatest salvation, with the survivors becoming priests who travel from planet to planet to share said salvation with everyone
>He attempts to get Haruo to acknowledge Ghidoarh as a god, which will solidify its existence as destroyer of humanity
>Lazzari realizes Ghidorah's nature as an extra dimensional being and rationalizes that it only exists because someone is observing it, believing Metphies is the observer
>Maina realizes something is wrong and takes Lazzari to Mothra's egg, where the two then beseech Mothra to help them
>Mothra intervenes in the visions Haruo is being subjected to, which include all the people who have died blaming him for their deaths and demanding he accept Ghidorah, but Metphies reasserts control after Maina and Lazzari try to explain things to him
>They still gave Haruo enough of a shock so as to allow him to break himself out of the visions and he gouges out Metphies' eyes, allowing Godzilla to finally fight back against Ghidorah, with the fight being extremely quick and one sided
>>
>>17137210
>As Metphies lays dying, he tells Haruo that Ghidorah will alwayys be watching him and waiting for its chance
>Months later, after the survivors have begun integrating with the mothfags' society, Lazzari reveals to Haruo that he was able to successfully restart the last remaining Vulture using nanometal retrieved from yuko's body
>Haruo is suddenly struck by a vision of Ghidorah and is reminded of Metphies' words about Ghidorah watching and waiting
>He decides that he needs to destroy the last traces of advanced civilization in order to prevent ghidorah's second coming
>Leaving a very pregnant Maina, Haruo scoops up yuko's body and heads off to board the vulture, being stopped by Miana who demands an explanation
>He asks her if she hates Godzilla and she explains that her people don't have a word for hate as it's a foreign concept
>He tells her that he's doing something he has to do despite knowing that it'll kill him, and tells her that he hopes she'll understand one day
>Haruo flies towards Godzilla and monologues about how Godzilla isn't just going to kill him, but all the hatred, grudges and curses that belong to everyone Godzilla has killed to this point, ending with Godzilla blasting the vulture out of the sky
>Post credits scene has a bunch of children sitting in front of a stick figure that's burning as they offer to it ropes tied into a bunch of knots that represent their fears and doubts, in return asking for another year of protection, with Miana looking on with a smile on her face
>>
I don't think the movies are really good Godzilla movies, but they're compelling sci-fi movies. I think had they been marketed as something other than Godzilla films, then people would have responded better.

Holy hell though. The third movie was really good. I was impressed.

The mindtrip stuff was compelling. And really unsettling. Haruo and Metphies in the Enola Gay of all things was a downright unsettling scene. I wonder how that went over in Japan?
>>
Jesus, the soup scene was really fucked up.
>>
>>17137180
Retard
>>
>>17137181
We already had a spoiler thread in november, dumbfuck.
>>
>>17137303
Because everyone in the world saw that one thread.
>>
>>17137312
There were multiple now fuck off reddit
>>
>>17137303
>>17137320
fuck off you rude faggot, no need to shit on the anon for no reason.
>>
>>17137234

I think that their idea was to take Godzilla in a very different direction and, as long as it remains a "one of a kind" deal, it works. It doesn't do anything particularly well, but it's a relatively decent albeit forgetful experience. However i watched it having no interest in a Godzilla anime, preferring the classic movie incarnations, so i didn't have any expectations about it.
>>
I was hoping the girl would wake up to ride the surviving mecha and assist in the final battle, instead of just get destroyed. I really liked the technological aliens and wanted their legacy (and Mechagodzilla's) to survive somehow. Maybe show some compromise with the series' other themes. Oh well, it still had a lot of interesting ideas.
>>
>>17137331
Retard
>>
>>17137299
>just resorting to "retard"

OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>17137358

>>17137342
>>
Better than the second movie, but it still gave me this uncomfortable feeling that it was in a hurry to get out the door.
>>
Man he really didn't want to be a dad. Mothpussy must've sucked
>>
>>17137700
Moth cunny was great. He just didn't want to be a father.
>>
>>17137234
Yeah, I feel they are good Sci-Fi movies but not really good Godzillas movies, but overall I like the trilogy. I don't mind when big franchises experiment in this way from time to time.
>>
>>17137815
Godzilla did her a favor getting rid of that shithead
>>
>>17137815
Was it the angry one or the shy one?
>>
File: 1459358214413.jpg (18 KB, 236x236)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>17136435
>>17136449
This shit actually sounds dope. I was about to leave a comment on how I could care less about these flicks but you garnered some interest from me just with that description.
>>
>>17137968
Angry one. He realized she was the one who helped him before and not the shy one
>>
>>17137974
I'm looking forward to this movie now.
>>
Just finished it.
I really enjoyed Ghidorah shitting on physics as an inter-dimensional being.
The religious themes struck a chord as well.
>>
I really digged this take on take on Ghidorah. I just wish the design transferred a bit better than it did in animation.
>>
>>17135731
Well, on the upside, it's not just the first one again, like the second one was. On the downside, it's an hour and half of nothing happening while people talk about how amazing it is that nothing is happening, quite literally for a lot of the Ghidorah "fight," and then the ending is a bunch of nothing. What a waste of four and a half hours in total.

At least the shot of Ghidorah descending to Earth through the hurricane was cool for like ten seconds.
>>
>>17138265
I actually didn't have a problem with Ghidorah's design. The three-headed, winged space dragon design has been done to death so many times throughout Showa and Heisei that this feels like a much needed break from the usual design. Plus the noodly heads conveyed the sense of surrealism, wrongness and eldritch nature of this Ghidorah pretty well desu.
>>
>>17137974
He realized it was the angry one because the shy one helped him before, so she already knew how to open his suit, but this one didn't.
>>
Christ, the plot of the 3rd episode made no sense. A few parts were kino but what the fuck was everyone's problem aside the twins? Why didn't Haruo fuck them? Was he too homo with the guy with the Ghidorah eye?
>>
>>17138504
Anon, he got the angry twin pregnant. Their child is in the post-credits scene.
>>
>Fucking nothing happens: the episode
I appreciate what they were trying to do with Ghidora but God damn the episode could have EASILY been twice as short if they had cut down the "Ghidora's heads slowly descend" and "Ghidora's biting Godzilla for minutes on end" scenes.
>>
Christ, what a downer ending. They could've have framed it differently as some sort of Pyrrhic victory but Haruo literally just fucking gave up on life. Guess I'd have to wait for the Legendary flick for my "Godzilla is a capeshit character" fix.
>>
>movie two
>we don't utter our destroyer's name lightly, it invokes him
>movie three
>WE'RE ACTUALLY A GHIDORAH DEATH CULT LMAO
Ok.
>>
>>17138696
Congrats, you fell for their ruse.
>>
File: file.png (2.78 MB, 1920x2160)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>Haruo's story begins and ends with flowers

unironically kino
>>
>>17135731
FUCK MOTH
>>
>>17138696
It’s because people like you exist that the Exif had such an easy time building a cult underneath the humans’ noses. Stop taking everything they say at face value as though characters can’t have ulterior motives. The Ghidorah worship was foreshadowed as early as the first movie.
>>
>>17138765
I would if I could
>>
>>17138696
It's not too hard to understand. The goal of the Exif in the film is to offer mankind (and themselves) as sacrifices to King Ghidorah all in the name of a religion built around nihilism. The reason they try not to openly mention Ghidorah by name is because they don't want to risk making their actions any more meaningless than they already perceive them as being and summon him at a point in time too early for them to dupe enough humans into letting themselves get eaten by a glowing, golden three-headed dragon from another dimension.
>>
>>17138646
I love that he just ragequit life.
>>
>>17138646
It's was a classic Butcher ending, and while I understand why it ended how it did, i don't agree with it.
Martin had seen and learned about Ghidorah, plus he holds Haruo in fairly high regard, so if Harup had just explained things to him I'm sure he could have been convinced to scrap it all. In addition, Haruo never even said goodbye to Maina, only Miana got some sort of farewell and that's only because she followed him.
I feel like Night of the Living Dead is the first piece of media that Urobuchi ever saw, and it convinced him that everything needs to end the same way. I hate the way he writes, it's like he never got out of that edgy teenager phase where dark and full of suffering equates to mature.
>>
>>
>>17138646
Congratulations, you just watched urobuchi's writings.
>>17138639
and give normies more reason to hate on the movie by making youtube videos of kaiju screentime. It's not like it was just repeated shot of the monsters anyway, they still narrate it in the background as things went down.
As a side note, Yuko did jack shit all trilogy. they could've just kicked her out and use the budget originally for kana hanazawa used for more dynamic scenes. For the last Vulture it could suddenly reactivate just like all those malfunctions MGCity did. They would also don't need that awkward City kiss scene or the cringe "I WANT TO BECOME STRONGER" in PotM. I hate her so fucking much, what a tropey character to drag down the pacing of the movie.
>>
Godzilla: The Planet Eater is basically The Call of Cthulhu
>>
>>
>>17138815
>hey, let's suggest that we never advance technologically, a minority opinion that will definitely get disagreed on by the other humans
Telling Martin would be no use. The point was that they could control nanometal now. Having them not use it would just give rise to more factions clash just like in Aratrum. AT worst they'd get exiled by humans. That was the entire point of why Metphies was so confident, because lesser tribes like human and bilusaludos will always have a clash of minority vs majority.
Even if they had it under control, Houtuas are incompatible with nanometal so there'd come a time where they probably fight for territory. Everything's a dead end.
>>
>>
>>17138842
>>17138844
I really love how the atomic breath looks and sounds in this incarnation. It feels dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>17138913
Yeah me too. The effect of it travelling around his shield before firing is also really cool
>>
Just watched them all.
I thought Expelled From Paradise was kind of fun so I had high hopes for this, but man the visuals were just not great. I wasn't a fan of Godzilla's model so seeing it move so slowly with such unflattering lighting didn't help. It almost always had a dopey look on it's face. The human characters just looked dated, both their models and animation. A lot of the action segments felt very droning to me. A lot of loud noises and bright lights with very little happening.
There were some cool ideas with the setting and I appreciate them trying to do something different with Ghidorah but it felt like the whole thing utilized it's time very poorly. I didn't end up very invested in any of the characters, so when they hammered in the hopelessness and tragedy it just felt like it was falling on deaf ears. I feel like i'm judging this more as a series of anime movies than Godzilla movies, but i'm not sure i'd recommend them to anyone who isn't obsessed with Godzilla.
>>
You know it wasn't until this movie that I realized. Why didn't they just travel to the other side of the world? Were Godzilla wouldn't know they were there.
>>
>>17138987
Once again, the answer is the Exif. You may or may not like how they handled it but it does address all plot holes regarding the landing. The Exif have sympathizers even among the humans, they’ve been fearmongering and stirring up anti-Godzilla sentiment for quite a while using Haruo as a rallying figure. There are sane leaders there, it’s just that popular opinion as seen in the first movie got to the point where they had to give in or risk getting lynched. The Exif had it all keikaku doori’d the entire time. Haruo was a moron who didn’t even realize he’s being used as a fucking figurehead for a populist movement.
>>
>>17138821
>Yuko did jack shit all trilogy.
I disagree. She was actually pretty involved and their "romance" not working working out was an intentional statement about Haruo's character. People give her so much crap when she's more relevant than a number of other female characters in Godzilla films, like any of the female characters in Godzilla 2014. Those actresses weren't cheap.
>>
>>17139212
Yuko's character is necessary because she's the one thing that keeps Haruo from diving off the deep end. It was her screams of pain that finally convinced him to shoot MechaGodzilla City, not Metphies's preaching. If not for her influence on Haruo, the world may very well be covered in nanometal now.
>>
>>17138759
Well, his name is from the word spring. He was groomed by the Exif be the spring of humanity.
>>
>>
>>17137067
Just because he was joking doesn't mean he didn't also mean it to a certain extent. Consider the behind the scenes/making of BD extras for The Hobbit movies. You'll notice that the common joke being made among the cast is around how shit it was to be working with the movie. Yeah, you're not supposed to take the words to the letter, but you best not ignore that there might just be some bits of truths to the complaints.
>>
>>17139368
Didn't Urobuchi mention towards the end of the interview that he was happy with the end result?
>>
In the post credits scene, are they worshiping Godzilla or Haruo?
>>
>>17139392
Urobuchi wanted monster shlock that is evident, the timeline he created and the novels that he hired a Nitroplus writer to do also points to this.
But I don't think he hates the end-result, he saw it as a challenge to meet Toho's inane request, I think they delivered what Toho wanted in the end, as a professional screenwriter I guess that is enough for him.
>>
>>17139413
Haruo. He introduced the concept of hate to the Houtua and the ritual is all about bundling your fear and hate and giving it to him to go burn in the fire.
>>
>>17139420
>Toho's inane request
Is it really that weird? Toho wanted to get away from the stereotype that Godzilla has to be dumb monster schlock and what they came up with isn't too far removed from how the series started. At least they're doing it in what amounts to a direct-to-video series and not a mainline film. Urobuchi is ultimately responsible for the story, the only rule we're aware of is that he had to keep the monsters in the background. I think he did a good job.
>>
>>17139519
>Toho wanted to get away from the stereotype that Godzilla has to be dumb monster schlock
Why would they choose the flashy 3d animated project to take this angle, anyways?
>>
>>17139519
>Polygon picture ugly CG
>No Kaiju fights
>Fujo character designs
>Science fiction focus

They did the best they could, but the producers should have realized that what they were creating essentially had little to no audience.
>>
>>17139529
Cutting risk?
After Shin became the second coming of the Christ that cleaned out house at the box offices and and Japanese award academies, they probably tried to dip their toe in and gauge if the audience is up for some more experimental, narrative and theme driven movies, or if Shin was just a fluke that stroke the budding nationalist boner. Judging by the reaction, i think it's safe to expect another drab millenium series after they reacquire the rights.
>>
It's possible that they didn't want to have "traditional" fights to not spoil the experience of watching Godzilla 2 to newcomers.
>Why go to the theather when I can watch Godzilla fight Ghidorah for free on Netflix?
>>
>>17139580
Except the trilogy was in developpement at the same time Shin was in developpement.
>>
>>17139597
Why lie Anon?
Shin began pre-production in December 2014, the Anime trilogy began it's pre-production in August 2016, several months after the release of Shin.
>>
>>17139580
>another drab millenium era
Fuck, i cant stand it bros. I honestly enjoy it more when G movies has a replay value for the additional secret meanings and not just MUH SUITS AND FIGHTS. G14 got boring for me after like the 3rd time watching it while Shin and the trilogy actually deserved a place in my computer because their weirdness is strangely comfy.
>>
>>17136055
that Idea is also in The Millenium series with the Xiliens dude.
>>
>>17139597
>spreading misinformation that could be debunked literally with a google search
>developpement
How much of a normie do you have to be
>>
>>17136055
>>17139638
They weren't a product. Every civilization eventually creates a kaiju and the the Exif come and summon Ghidorah to eat the Kaiju and people. The Exif just tricked whatever civilization into helping summon it.
>>
>>17139616
>>17139659
Read the jap interviews.
Butcher and the good director rejected Toho's offer at first, this was before Shin was a thing, but after they heard Anno is working on a Godzilla movie they accepted.

Butcher even read the draft of the script of Shin. Shin of course started developpement before but the trilogy was definitely being worked on at the same time as Shin.
>>
20 minutes into this and to be honest this might be worse than the first two. It's so boring and just as super serial as the first two and Haruo is still an angry bitter fuck that needs to be fried.
>>
>>17139739
half an hour in now, it is still at felcher levels. It's like they added this pathetic sex scene and (without build up) religious plot point just to pad out the running time.
>>
>>17139768
>(without build up) religious plot point
Religion has been there since POTM and was a major point in the second movie. Are you just skimming through these without paying attention?
>>
>>17139822
I'm subjecting myself to this dribble and paying attention to the dry substance that has not flash.
>>
>claiming King Ghidorah is golden
>is yellow
How embarrassing. Yeesh these movies are fucking bad.
>>
>>17139822
>>17139828
The fact that the dude is literally posting muh minute commentaries on fucking 4chan while watching should be red flags enough that the dude isn't paying attention. Can you even call that a sex scene?
>>
Holy shit Haruo's hallucinations go on forever, this might be worse than Shin Godzilla which is a hell of a feat.
>>
You could honestly cut down all the fluff in this trilogy to get a 50 minute OVA.
>>
>Ghidorah and his minion hit the dust
>still another 14 minutes of movie to go
>just a bunch of still shots

It's incredulous how much time is being eaten up pointlessly.
>>
>>17139943
I guess a bad Terminator or Aliens imitation is more to your liking.
>>
>>17139943
>Worse than Shin Gojira.
>Worse than what is hailed as arguably the best movie in the entire franchise, that destroyed the box office and obliterated any and all awards that matter in the East.
Anon this doesn't even deserve to constitute as bait.
>>
>>17139859
You see yellow is golden in King Ghidorah's dimension.
>>
>>17138815
>It's was a classic Butcher ending, and while I understand why it ended how it did, i don't agree with it.
He didn't want anyone to talk him out of it. Miana only got to speak to him because she followed him. The guy had a lot of baggage and realized he wasn't going to fit in. He still had a connection to Ghidorah and didn't fully agree with living in the shadow of Godzilla. More importantly, he needed to get rid of the nanometal and no one was going to agree with him. But he knew the dangers of the metal better than anyone. So he had plenty of reasons to do what he did and I think it's an appropriate ending.
>>
>>17135731
redpill me on the exif. What was their goal?
>>
>>17140068
This, reading the threads it honestly surprises me how little people realized the inevitability of a Grey Goo bad end, had Haruo left them to tinker with the Vulture and Waifu.
The Bilusaado were the only guys around who knew how that shit worked, and they openly admitted that they had only slightest degree of control over it and had no idea what would happen had it done away with godzilla.
Thing is, they didn't care if it absorbed the whole planet along with them, because to them that was an honor comparable to rapture.
Leaving humanity to tinker around with the nanometal is like giving nuclear energy to chimpanzees.
>>
>>17140071
Dying.
They achieved immortality and have had enough of it. After Ghidorah ate their planet, the survivors came to worship it and the absolute death it granted, and became missionaries low key preaching their deathcult, while grooming any race they encountered to accept their Lord and Savior once he came.
>>
Is it just me or Haruo literally didn't do anything this entire movie? but to be honest i fell asleep when godzilla was fighting ghidora and woke up and godzilla was still fighting ghidora.
>>
>>17140084
>They achieved immortality
No they didn't. They saw the universe would end one day and wanted to live in forever as part of Ghidorah, a la the soup metaphor Metphies preached to his cult.
>>17140071
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Ghidorah Exifcalus wgah'nagl fhtagn
>>
>>17139973
Cool bait, T2 was the only Terminator movie that wasn't stellar.
>>17139982
Because it is the truth, not bait. Line up for a free mouth punch.
>>
>>17140090
It does make you wonder how exif reproduces, if at all. Exifcalus was 100k years ago and Metphies is only 50 years old so would be wack if theres some exif breeding mothership out there somewhere that sends out emissaries. I kinda want another series, maybe seasonal, describing either the exifs or that other ship.
>>
>>17140133
You have several million guys and the whole archipelago of Japan to punch senpai, I admire your dedication.
>>
>>17140086
He ragetarded Ghidorah into our universe, fucked and cucked the moths and poked Metphies in the eye
>>
>>17140133
Key word was imitation. I was talking about vs King Ghidorah and vs Destoroyah.
>>
>>17140252
Anon, can't you see the faggot is casting bait?
Calling Shin shit, and claiming that T2 is the franchise's worst when there's shit like Genysis and Salvation around.
>>
I'm not a big Godzilla fan but as someone who enjoyed a lot of Urobuchi series I thought this was pretty lackluster. I feel like his writing usually includes characters that are much easier to connect with. The characters here feel like they are missing all their meat and exist purely to deliver dramatic payoff. Considering how awfully condensed a lot of this trilogy feels (for example, the world building) the characters feel like they were stretched too thin over the three movies.
I think this whole thing would have been much better as one film focusing on Godzilla and the specifics of the world it helped to shape, and spent more time on fleshing out the characters. Go all in on the moby-dick parallels and don't worry about introducing complex ideas like nano mecha-g and eldrich Ghidorah when there is already so much to work with.
>>
>>17140133
>T2 was the only Terminator movie that wasn't stellar.
Are you seriously telling me you thought T3 was stellar?
I'm willing to believe there are mouthbreathers who prefer modern hollywood schlock like Salvation and Genesys to classics like Terminator 2, but I really have a hard time accepting there are people who loved T3.
>>
>>17140377
Forget Planet of the Monsters and treat it as a duology consisting of the latter two movies instead of a trilogy. It's pure kino that way.
>>
>>17140384
Let's be real anon, T2 is Hollywood schlock to the core. It's driven by setpiece spectacle, star power, and catchy oneliners.

Granted, it's in the service of very worthwhile character development for Arnold's character, but let's not pretend T2 isn't goofball summer blockbuster material.
>>
>>17140377
Well, he's 1 out of 4 creative forces on this project, of course you're not going to get pure butcher.
Although it's surprising to me that the script for the series took him more time than all his other works. He put together the entire game of SnU in 4 months but writing Godzilla took him 4 times the amount of time.

I gotta say this is his most depressing work by far though, and pretty interesting but not at all entertaining like his other stuff.
>>
>>17135811
>But does he actually eat the planet?
no.
>>
>>17140414
Yeah, even his works that go to darker places usually have more light at the end of the tunnel than this.
>>
>>17140677
He said he looked to Gojira for inspiration. How does that movie end again?
>>
>>17140716
Essentially warning us that man has the potential to be even more dangerous than Godzilla.
>>
File: 1547126332987.png (1.37 MB, 1280x720)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
We now got a teen mom in Godzilla franchise.
She got mom's hair
What's in her mind ?
>>
The entire movie was a metaphor for ragequitting out of parenthood.
>>
Ending was bullshit. Point of advancement is to continue while learning from the mistakes of the past. Those hoomans are just gonna do the same thing all over again in a few thousand years. Should have kept the the nanometal and rebuild everything but better. Fuck Japan logic.
>>17141060 this was pretty rad tho.
>>
>>17141177
Godzilla will kill them
>>
>>17141177
They would conflict with the mothra people if they used nanometal because it's literally poison to them. That houtua pit is also the only safe place to live because up there are only servums and steel pollens, nevermind Godzilla sensing nanometal too. And with all the malfunctions MGCity had, do you really think they could control it fully?
>>
>>17141177
What if I told you that this is actually a hidden dig at the way Japan accepted US 'occupation' and 'interference' and is actually the director's way of saying they would rather have destroyed all the tech and progress and returned to a pure Japanese feudal society?
>>
>official power levels
Mothra > Ghidora > Godzilla
>>
>>17141309
>hidden dig

I'm glad they agree that clearly, two bombs were not enough.
>>
>>17141329
And based on current US drama and your comments, it's also clear that 2 planes were not enough.
>>
>>17141309
Ghidorah = Hitler?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (134 KB, 824x885)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Because the other Godzilla thread is dead
>>
>>17141525
I thought it said SCIENCE instead of SCENE for a second.
There's noway a little set like that would give me that much power.
>>
>>17135731
Shut up and post more moth
>>
File: 1527096332718.gif (3.34 MB, 450x506)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB GIF
>>17135731
Well that was unironically pure shit. Why the fuck did I waste my time with this?
>>
>>17141301
Blonde scientist man said the metal kept data on everything. Like not go overboard in the way negroid aliens with the mass assimilation and or reproduction of the nanometal shit. Just the knowledge and a few resources to continue where humanity left off.
>>
>>17141698
The metal was evil tho. It made people sick, remember? And there was still the chance it would consume the entire world because of the Godzilla factor. Haruo made the right choice.
>>
>>17141698
>to continue where humanity left off.
Creating Godzilla and being murdered by him? There's no way Martin could control the nanometal anyway, and even if he could, it would still make everyone ill.
>>
>>17141724
>>17141727
Not making a bunch a of it, just enough to make to make some basic shit.
>>
>>17141734
As if anyone would be able to stop when they have magic metal that can shit out whatever they want. And you're ignoring the other problems.
>>
>>17141525

>Jakks pacific
>Not Bandai

Eeeeh?
>>
>>17135731
Is this Ghidorah the strongest incarnation of it?
>>
File: 1530628241072.jpg (85 KB, 1494x794)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>17141698
No no you see humanity is now free from its pity and has reached salvation. Technology by default is evil, naturally the same goes for the literally Hitler "poisonous" nano-material too. With Haruo killing himself with his brain dead waifu in honorable Japanese fashion peace has finally been achieved. With all technology gone and humanity extinct the glorious moth gods reign begins.

Death is salvation. Japan is still mad about WW2.
>>
>>17141698
>>17141734
>limit the nanometal
That's literally the first thing they'd thought nanometal WOULD do. Instead, even the limiter malfunctioned when left alone and United Earth collectively shat their pants upon seeing MGCity. And the nanometal collects data; that means goddamn Mechagodzilla itself could be reproduced. And when the next generation is comprised entirely of houtua-human hybrid, who do you think would be able to control the nanometal spread if it malfunctioned?
It's pretty much explained too that being nanometalized essentially turns you immortal due to its life support system, at least until your brain gives or you suicide. That shit is fully dangerous.
>>
brb rewatching episode 1 and 2 in light of episode 3
>>
>>17140597
Damn it all.
>>
>>17141779
Yes and no. Yes because it's implied to be an end-level kaiju like GEarth, but the form in the movie is incomplete and it's pretty much cheating in the fight. It's definitely the smartest kaiju alongside maybe MGCity, though.
>>
>>17140727
>Man is more dangerous
>Gojira in the sequels and reboots is some sort of super monster
And I'm not even considering the Hollywood ones either. Looks like every Japanese missed the point. Including Anno.
>>
File: 1504862179389.jpg (43 KB, 414x479)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
So I'm just a dumb normie who hasn't seen any Godzilla besides the american ones and this anime trilogy.

In dumb normies terms, I like it. Monster schlock doesn't appeal to me and wanting straight up kaiju fights for hours on end seems moronic to me, it's like wanting an abundance of zombie-related deaths in a zombie movie/show when they're just a backdrop for the human character and their drama, and the horror born out of that drama. I much prefer the high-end concepts they experimented with in this trilogy and in Shin.
>>
>>17141967
Nope. Godzilla has to get stronger as human technology progresses or he's no longer impressive. However, what's important is that he remains the product of human failures. Godzilla 2014 is the farthest the series has ever gotten from that. The actions that originally produced Godzilla were made into efforts to destroy him and that basically exonerates humanity of its crimes.
>>
>>17141906
Dangerous to what? Humanity goes extinct anyways. Technology bad!
>>
>>17136841
he wasn't buying humanity more time He was actually dooming it. He didn't tell anyone that Gidorah was waiting for humanity to reach that point again so he could eat them. He took the technology that they had and then destroyed it all setting humans back for hundred of thousand of years. Instead of using the Technology to rebuild and make a better world to Kill Godzilla and Gidorah.
>>
>>17141724
>>17141727
>>17141906
>>17141783

The Nanometal couldn't self replicate anymore or it would have done so to rebuild its mass,

If the metal held all the Data about what Humanity had built so far you use the Dam thing as a Storage device and you rebuild with the tools you have around you.
>>
>>17142054
>He took the technology that they had and then destroyed it all setting humans back for hundred of thousand of years. Instead of using the Technology to rebuild and make a better world to Kill Godzilla and Gidorah.
Congratulations for missing the point. You can't kill Godzilla. Or at least what he represents. Humanoids playing with forces beyond their control and comprehension is literally what led to Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, and Ghidorah. You'll either destroy yourself or make something that will destroy you.
>>
>>17135731
Well it was boring as fuck, the sex scene made zero sense and felt inorganic as fuck, ghidorah was super fucking boring, elf alien was mad gay and the ending was weird but strangely satisfying. All in all I like 2 the most because the Vultures were radical. Shin Godzilla is still my favorite Godzilla.
>>
>>17142054
The entire point is that Ghidorah and other civilization-ending kaiju appearing is inevitable. If Haruo lived, just give it time and people with just as much hatred as him would appear, because he's the hero that influences people. Then another Exif would come again to harvest. The world is always on a one-way trip to entropy and you can't reverse that.
Besides, City took 20k years to build and 6 hours for some cannons and harpoons, what makes you think humanity would be able to instantly fight back with just a single vulture's worth of nanometal unnoticed by G?
The ending is pretty much Haruo entrusting Earth to the static ideals of Houtua, and as we can see from the postcredits, they certainly lived in peace.
>>
>>17142083
>the sex scene made zero sense
Dude was distraught. He spent most of his life obsessing over one thing and missing the simple pleasures for something that blew up in his face. The comfort of a woman was exactly what he needed.
>>
>>17141967
I genuinely think Toho asks people to avoid using that theme again because they want their big mascot to appear as top dog.
>>
>>17142078
Well, humanity could have killed Godzilla and avoided summoning a death god if it weren't for one retard. But muh used and abused humanity trope! NINGEN can't ever/will never overcome _____ (nuclear bombs bad). So stagnation for all eternity now.

If we're really lucky eventually the Exif will have the entire universe consumed, though. Small solace for this shitty series.
>>
>>17142121
>Well, humanity could have killed Godzilla and avoided summoning a death god if it weren't for one retard.
Killing Godzilla would have let evil, uncontrollable metal take over the planet. The trilogy explained this at least three times.
>>
>>17142092
>The ending is pretty much Haruo entrusting Earth to the static ideals of Houtua, and as we can see from the postcredits, they certainly lived in peace.
Really weird coming out from Expelled From Paradise, where DEVA are villainized for deliberately halting human progress/exploration for the sake of pure self preservation.
>>
>>17142121
>one retard
said retard is the most human of all and avoided a grey goo ending by doing so, while literally the entire humanity except him summoned a death god
>i cant debunk the movie's logic, therefore i must blame its tropey design
God, this just proves how much of the audience are speedwatchers.
>>
>>17142132
The two most common complaints involve something the viewer somehow failed to understand or being upset about the limited amount of monster stuff.
>>
>>17142132

There could be an argument made for Haruo being the real Ghidorah made by Metphies since the beginning
>>
>>17142131
Two side of the same coin really, something can be bad or good depending on the perspective or/and condition.
>>
>>17142179
There's really no point in survival if humanity can't grow and progress.
>>
>>17142184
But you can do that by blanda up with butterfly bitches.
>>
>>17142184
That's one perspective, there are people who might don't might stagnancy as long as they can live.
>>
This scene was absolutely fantastic

>>>/wsg/2609531
>>
>>17142132
>said retard is the most human of all
Now that's deep.

>avoided a grey goo ending by doing so
Your assumption. Also, why is grey goo ending considered so bad compared to the human civilization going extinct and space aliens free to have their 4D chess god eventually consume the universe ending? From the movie their personalities were still intact after assimilation. Oh, I forgot "muh humanity and technology bad".

>while literally the entire humanity except him summoned a death god
Also your assumption. You're assuming that the Exif are completely truthful and that their logic is infallible.

>movie's logic
So DEEP. The "logic" and "message" is that to beat Godzilla™ (it's so strong, nature unbeatable) you need to lose your humanity. We can't have that though so humanity should just go extinct. Very very deep stuff. Clearly this movie was made for those with IQ's over 200.

>>17142127
Evil? Are you seriously trying to make a moral argument about Godzilla as a series?
>>
>>17142078
Good ol give up and do nothing mentality.
>>17142092
The Idea isn't to use the nano metal to instantly rebuild everything, Its to retain the knowledge so that future generations will be able to accomplish what you could not.

sending everyone back to the stone age Doesn't save the species. it dooms it.
>>
>>17142214
you're a speedwatcher
>>
>>17142214
Forgot to add
use the Knowledge to rebuild civilization and a large fighting force which backs up Mothra when it hatches to get rid of Godzilla and Gidorah
>>
>>17142179
>depending on the perspective or/and condition.
Funny part is, the citizens of DEVA (despite being depicted as the 'wrong' choice by the narrative) are actually given favorable circumstances and living conditions to the folks left at the end of the trilogy.
>>
>>17142200
>might
*mind
>>
>>17142220
Tell me how the Sentinelese People are a shining beacon of the human species.
>>
>>17142231
you didn't watch the movie retard
>>
>>17142213
>Evil? Are you seriously trying to make a moral argument about Godzilla as a series?
The Houtua/Metphies calls the nanometal sinister poison and the Bilusaludo clearly couldn't control it either. Why is this so hard to grasp? In no uncertain terms it was shown to be a destructive force.
>>
>Haruo literally brings about a "spring" for humanity where there is no hate and technology literally made for the purpose of killing

>/m/ongoloids think "wtf why are the japs saying tech bad nature good they could have killed godzilla if so-and-so happened or with new tech"
>>
>>17142239
Exactly. Mankind gets a fresh start and a cautionary tale/inspirational icon with protag.
>>
>>17142233
better give up cause there are obstacles out there you cant overcome. or at-least you cant overcome them because we couldn't do it....

>>17142239
Yup lets live like Cave men for the rest of Universe, that'll show em.
>>
>>17141996
>Godzilla 2014
Anon you do know the reason I didn't include the Hollywood films is because people in America view Godzilla as a natural disaster instead.
>>
>>17142247
>Yup lets live like Cave men for the rest of Universe, that'll show em.
Well it would.
>>
>>17141996
> The actions that originally produced Godzilla were made into efforts to destroy him and that basically exonerates humanity of its crimes.
Considering they keep warning of how evil the oxygen destroyer could be like the Atomic bomb not really.
>>
>>17142234
>The Houtua/Metphies calls the nanometal sinister poison
Poisonous to THEM and their moth god.

>Bilusaludo clearly couldn't control it either.
Did you even watch the movie? They were in full control of mecha city (about to kill godzilla too) until our hero blew everything up.

>In no uncertain terms it was shown to be a destructive force.
Humans are a destructive force. Extra dimensional entities are a destructive force. Godzilla is a destructive force. Nature is a destructive force. Clearly this is pretty hard to grasp considering you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>17142239
/m/ is full of Bilusaludo. Fucking Heretics.
>>
File: 1546973955842.png (56 KB, 621x702)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>17142239
*takes puff*
PEACE YO
*breaths out*
Slow your roll bro
*leans back*
harmony
>>
On the other hand they could have just kept sailing through space until they found another earth like planet. Can’t be that rare if the Bilusaludo and the Exif both came from earth like planets
>>
File: 1546989380165.jpg (52 KB, 640x480)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>17142254
>anon ignores that Metphies isn't a moth person and how regular humans expressed concerns about it
>Bilusaludo are surprised to see that the metal has evolved without them and says it has a mind of its own
>nanometal is shown to have assimilated non-Godzilla life
>Bilusaludo literally advocate for discarding physical forms and assimilation and conquering the natural world
>Metphies reveals the nanometal will spread until it has fully covered the Earth and it's reiterated twice at the start of the third movie
>Bilusaludo never denies the previous point and says that humanity's greatest mistake is not defeating or becoming Godzilla (become a monster)
>lead Bilusaludo in space doesn't even refute any of this when brought up
>>
>>17142258
Based and exifpilled
>>
>>17142254
>Billies were in full control
Fuck no, the city did what it wanted and malfunctioned a shitton. It took down the heat gas camouflage suddenly, the harpoons somehow err'd by itself, it fucked over the programmed limiter, and it continuously added humanoid intelligence to support its own decision. Even the aliens themselves denied that they're controlling it and it's just doing what it judges to be the best. It's a good thing they didn't add autopilot to the vultures, because it would kamikaze the humans already.
>>
>>17142097
Bullshit that isnt how relationships work
>>
>>17142127
If they hadn't fucked off into space and let 20,000 years pass, they could have killed the normal Godzilla before he grew to enormous size and Mechagodzilla would never have had time to build up into a city.
>>
>>17142457
They wouldn't be able to.
It's only after Discount Eren fed all the existing data on Godzilla into the Exif super-duper-giga-saikyou-no-quantum computer that it generated analysis necessary the plan.
>>
>>17142239
It's really funny because not even Haruo with all his rage wants to destroy Godzilla only to invite a worse disaster.
People who still don't get this after watching all 3 movies are just like Haruo from the first movie, the kicker is that they call him retarded and hate his character when they're a denser version of him.
>>
>>17142464
>the real haruo was us all along
>>
>>17142248
But even TriStar Godzilla got this right
>>
File: 1531990944750.jpg (657 KB, 800x789)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>17135731
>the one who devours stars
>planet eater
>>
>>17142239
But I want to kick off a proper Black History!
>>
>>17142258
>mecha fags are getting a boner over the prospect of gattai-ing and being part of some mega monolithic nano machine entity
Shocking.
>>
I can understand Godzilla wiping out humanity, but why did Godzilla go after Earth's kaiju? They were destroying human civilizations?

I remember in the novel, where Godzilla chased an Anguirus, Baragon and Varan across the continent before eventually catching them and killing the trio at the same time
>>
>>17143002
There can only be one, I guess. Terraforming earth into a monotype wouldn't be as easy with other kaiju in sight. That's actually my main gripe with the novels in general, the apocalypse kaiju are there for the sake of fanservice and didn't really do anything in the grand scale. Take them out and nothing changes. Except Gorath and maybe Gigan because that one is nanometalized by the bils.
>>
>>17142264
With what spaceship though? Unless you meant they should have avoided Earth in the beginning, it wouldn't have ended well regardless since the two aliens would have either invented MechaGodzilla 2.0 and eat the entire planet, summon Gidorah and eat the entire planet, or both at the same time.
>>
>>17143002
Is the novel translated?
>>
>>17142909
You see stars are planets in King Ghidorah's dimension
>>
“Deep” shit for snowflake pseuds
>>
>>17142264
They said the possibility was like 0.08%, and thats according to the ghidorah math. Their supplies were running low too.
>>
>>17143856
so realistically it was high its just that the Exif were doing this to make people disparate and turn to them so they could summon Gidorah...
>>
>>17143865
Yes. This was all fixed from the beginning to make humanity desperate enough to beg for salvation.
>>
like ghidora's design and wish there were more monsters.. When the humans were looking over the fight it was really exciting for once
>>
>>17143927

Maybe Godzilla spared other monsters hiding on different places on the planet? I mean Mothra is still an egg
>>
>>17139532
>>Science fiction focus
Since when it's a bad thing ?
>>
When will there be any heroic aliens in the Godzilla series, or ones that at least genuinely mean well?
>>
>>17143152
The novel and lore is just a neat backstory. The films focused on a smaller, intimate human drama. Why is this so hard to accept?
>>
>>17144125
Still doesnt excuse the shitty writing and quality of the films.
>>
I know this is an AniGoji thread but I figure here is as good a place as any to poast the Jakks Pacific toy line.
>>
>>17144186
>>
>>17144190
>>
>>17144186
Rodan's proportions and colors make him look more like a hellspawn demon than a pteranodon.
>>
>>17144192
>>
>>17144197
I didn't like all of the fanart of MonsterVerse Rodan having a big azhdarchid head. I like small head Rodan.
>>17144199
>>
>>17144203
>>
>>17144127
>shitty writing
I'm not seeing it, senpai. The writing was competent at worst. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (368 KB, 1024x999)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>17144209
Spoilering these last two. Not like any of you don't already know.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (343 KB, 1024x1623)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>17144217
>>
>>17142843
Only in the cartoon.
>>
Why didn't they just leave Japan?
Godzilla stalks around Japan, just fly to Europe and live in holes there with some moth cunnies.
>>
I feel like I wasted my fucking time with these movies
Also what the fuck is up with this thread
>kino
>KINO
>ABSOLUTE KINO!!!!!!!!!!
fucking yikes man
>>
>>17135815
yes
>>
>>17144217
>>17144219
I mean, it's in the trailer.
I'd almost count Godzilla's spines looking so much larger more of a spoiler.
>>
>>17144279
Nothing of value has ever been posted that used the word "kino" unironically.
>>
>>17144279
>TPE release
>ready to shit on it with the others like City because lolanime mirite
>turns out to be actually good
>oh no no no
A lot of you probably speedwatched through it anyway because your complaints are autistically limited to just "they're stupid, why didnt they just x" and "reeee talking in muh monster movie"
>>
>>17144824
>durr you just SPEEDWASHED
lolkretard
>>
>>17144953
>lolkretard

OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>17144824
Yep. If it were as stupid or bad as people are claiming the feedback would have amounted to more than nitpicks addressed in the movie or whining about how it's "boring."
>>
>>17144279
amazing how a 4 letter word triggers so many people
>>
>>17141525
oh fuck i'm havin' a cum.
>>
File: 20181220_065431.png (91 KB, 247x280)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>killing yourself instead of just destroying the tech then living out the rest of your life fucking your brown moth loli
>>
File: 1546498671754.jpg (12 KB, 296x266)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>17145079
>living the rest of your life with a demon and its prophet speaking speaking to you
I'm not sure I can blame him. And the dude had to carry a lot of guilt about what happened and with the knowledge he was raised as a tool to destroy the human race. People kill themselves for much less everyday.
>>
>>17144990
lolkretard
>>
File: really dude.jpg (40 KB, 466x361)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>killing yourself with the only tech that could resurrect your society and a qt grill with some of that tech inside her in tow
>not just saying "Hey guys, Ghidorah's waiting for us to build up again, let's just kill the Exifs so he has no way of getting here"
>not trying to help develop that tech to the point that you could make Ghidorah fuck off with it
>not trying to develop that tech to the point that you could kill Godzilla and give Ghidorah no reason to come here
>not using that tech to gather resources, build a new mothership, and fuck off to another decent planet or at least fuck about in space until you can find one

Yeah I think our hero was just fuckin retarded a lil bit
>>
>>17145176
Fucking techhead retard.
>>
>>17145176
The Exif were the pinnacle of all intelligent lifeforms and they were decimated by Ghidorah. Humans didn't get nearly that far before Godzilla showed up. Why would things be different this time? Why would you rebuild humanity civilization with the very technology Godzilla hates and was revealed to be the Bilusaludo uncontrollable invasion strategy?
>>
>>17145176
>Activate tech
>Godzilla approaches them
>Kills them
>>
>>17145203
Retard

>>17145212
>Exif were the pinnacle of all intelligent lifeforms
True, but they were the ones responsible for bringing Ghidorah to Earth. There's no real reason to believe that he'd just show up out of the blue without their intervention

>Why would you rebuild humanity civilization...invasion strategy?
Because the Bilusaludo weren't around on Earth anymore, so there would be nobody invading. Plus, just because Godzilla hates it doesn't mean you couldn't just fuck off into space with it
>>
>>17145214
>Activate tech
>move to literally anywhere else on Earth
>Godzilla slowly lumbers his way there over the course of several years
>repeat
>>
>>17145248
>Be Varan
>Chilling with Anguirus and Baragon
>Get killed by getting beamed in the back by Godzilla camping in the ocean
>Bros flee continent in panic
>Godzilla still catches them despite them being faster
>Kills them
>Rinse and repeat with humans
>>
File: [laugh track].png (778 KB, 945x801)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
>>17145248
Why didn't they just land on the other side of the damn planet in the first place? There can't be more than one Filius out there right?
>>
>>17145254
>Be Varan
>be not as smart as humans
>have no idea what godzilla is or what he can do
>have no futuristic iPad with a Godzilla tracker on it
>somehow this means humans couldn't fly to the other side of the planet and get away from Godzilla
>>
>>17145176
>>17145225
>why didn't they just build Godzilla and Ghidorah killers when Godzilla completely shat on a mankind that was dominant on earth and had the help of two alien races?
Off yourself you actual fucking retard.
>>17145262
Why not? Godzilla's had 20,000 years to do whatever it is it does to reproduce.
>>
>>17145214
>>17145248
>>17145254
>>17145262
>>17145266

The solution is to send Mothra in with an army of Mechagodzilla. Surely that can help as Mothra 1 was able to make Godzilla retreat many times?
>>
File: Godzilla visits Zilla.jpg (200 KB, 1024x768)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
Reminder Zillas are a subspecies of Godzilla and weren't all killed off. They're on the opposite side of the planet thriving and living in peace.
>>
>>17145270
>shat on mankind's conventional weaponry and technology
>"had the help of two alien races" once the battle was already basically lost
Good point man, I mean it's not like the humans in this shitshow already killed one Godzilla and were more than capable of killing the big one. I can really tell you watched the last two episodes
>>
>>17145273
Mothra fought Godzilla twice, driving him off while taking damage once and dying the second time. That was when Godzilla was 20,000 years younger and a sixth the size.
Mechagodzilla City had 20,000 years of growth time and still lost.
>and were more than capable of killing the big one
Retard, how, by using Mechagodzilla City? They don't have 20,000 years to grow another one.
>>
>>17145225
>invasion strategy
Yes. On the ship one of the Earth leaders says the nanometal was how the Bilusaludo were originally planning to conquer Earth. Notice that the Bilusaludo leader never attempts to argue against this. He instead says the humans should have just let the Bilusaludo take charge of everything. Pretty suspect.
>>
File: 1nga8u05g2mz.png (1.11 MB, 1022x900)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>17145273
>>17145288

Leave Godzilla to me
>>
>>17145225
>Because the Bilusaludo weren't around on Earth anymore, so there would be nobody invading
The Bilusaludo were the only ones with any understanding of nanometal, and they didn't even control it, they just didn't care because they worshipped it.
>>17145297
Gigan fought Godzilla many times and only survived via slow transformation into a cyborg and nanometal. Godzilla eventually incinerated him in one shot.
>>
>>17145288
>replies to the wrong post
>"Retard,"
Retard

>Mechagodzilla City had 20,000 years of growth time and still lost
Because anime protag #46782 decided to fuck everything up. Mechagodzilla City COULD have won, if it weren't for muh feelings

>They don't have 20,000 years to grow another one
Yeah, I guess they don't have 20,000 years to wait and allow the nanotech to build itself all on it's own. And I mean, it's not like they could just make the nanotech build what they want it to build, the very idea of humans having control over technology they obviously have control over is ludicrous
>>
>>17145303
it was a joke Dennis, let anon have some fun
>>
>>17145303
>Gigan fought Godzilla many times and only survived via slow transformation into a cyborg and nanometal. Godzilla eventually incinerated him in one shot.

Leave Godzilla to him?
>>
>>17145306
>Mechagodzilla City COULD have won, if it weren't for muh feelings
And if it had won, it would have swallowed up the earth. How is that any better than Godzilla winning?
>the very idea of humans having control over technology they obviously have control over is ludicrous
Not even the Bilusaludo had control over it. The city was turning off the smokescreen of its own will, the harpoons were failing for reasons they didn't know, but they didn't care because they saw nanometal as holy.
>>
>>17144824
>speedwatched
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>17145323
>How is that any better than Godzilla winning?
Assuming that isn't a complete non-sequitur to what I was saying, it's not like EMPs are out of the question.
But, since I was saying that the humans could have killed Godzilla if they worked with the nanotech for a while, you're retarded

>Not even the Bilusaludo had control over it
So when you "watched" the episode, did you just turn your head away from the screen during the bit where they deliberately manufactured some shitty Gundam ripoff mechs according to the designs they wanted? Or the bit where they controlled said mechs to fight Godzilla multiple times?
>>
>>17145338
Did you misunderstand the second movie completely? It villainized the nanometal the whole time. The Bilusaludo never reassured the others that the metal wouldn't swallow the whole world. Heck, they viewed it as an honor and a necessary sacrifice to defeat Godzilla. They told everyone else to just accept what came with it and even tried to force it on the unwilling. Why would anyone trust them or their metal? That was the dilemma of the second movie. Should Haruo sacrifice everything to achieve his goal?
>>
>>17145356
>Should Haruo sacrifice everything to achieve his goal?
I mean, since he DID sacrifice everything in the end and his ""goal"" seems to have been to sperg out and get rekt, I don't see how there's any observable difference in the end.
>>
>>17145108
Moth loli could had cured everything.
>>
>>17145369
He was willing to sacrifice HIS life. But not force a decision like this only anyone else. And, as he said, he wanted to win as a human. Not a part of some metallic glob or ruin the world for the Houtua. That's a Bilusaludian victory. Not a human one. Haruo is a well-written, sympathetic character.
>>
>>17145409
This, Haruo just forced humanity to live in mud huts and taught the Houtua to give up instead of facing their problems. Everybody should be like him
>>
>>17145409
Haruo is a weak-willed Deku-tier geek protagonist that weak-willed geeks are meant to self-insert as. He ruined everything, and the only good he ever did was an heroing, but he even managed to make that a bad thing
>>
>>17136435
Just finished it today and echoing this.

Ghidora's emergence was some pretty chilling space horror shit. I didn't expect those feelings, but it was very unnerving.
>>
>>17145423
>Haruo just forced humanity to live in mud huts
No he didn't. The Houtua seemed pretty well-off and can always advance independently. Plus there's whatever technology the humans have left. Haruo only prevented them from using the nanometal.
>taught the Houtua to give up instead of facing their problems
What?

>>17145425
>Haruo is a weak-willed
>He ruined everything, and the only good he ever did was an heroing
What?
>>
>the entire argument in this thread actually plays out like the human captain argument with the bilusaludo captain in the beginning of TPE
the real /m/echagodzillacity is in our hearts all this time
>>
I want to Mothra. Not the twins. Her divine holiness herself.
>>
File: Daisuke Serizawa.jpg (11 KB, 298x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Fuck this edgy loser. He could have left the Oxygen Destroyer in capable hands. Now we have nothing to defend ourselves against other monsters with. And did this movie just glorify suicide? What the heck? This dumb movie is boring anyway. A bunch of sad japs talking most of the time. They said other Godzillas might exist. Where is that? It would have been more interesting than "muh atomic bomb, muh war, muh feels." Japan needs to get over itself.
>>
>>17135731

it got progressively worse as the trilogy went along, if netflix has this much money to flush please fund something else
>>
>>17145478
Jokes aside, the '54 film did get quite a few bad reviews at the time of its release because some Japanese critics thought monster movies should not try to be deep, they should be fun and dumb.
>>
>>17145592
I know. It took quite some time for Godzilla '54 to get respected. Opinions on these movies will change. Like the original film, it just might take a while.
>>
File: 2e6.png (864 KB, 1440x810)
864 KB
864 KB PNG
Just finished the movie it was super gay.
>>
>>17145630
True, and if even a divisive movie like vs. Hedorah could become more accepted over the decades and judged on its own merits, I can't see either why the anime films would be different.
Not that I think they're that great, but so far most reactions seem to be way too tainted by what people wanted, based on wishful thinking, some misleading marketing material and whatever image came up in their mind when they first read the words "animated Godzilla movie". Rather than judging the trilogy on what it set out to do and how well it accomplished it. I wonder how long it will take for that to change or whether fans will be able to get over their initial disappointment at all.
>>
>>17144219
>Godzilla shows off his new matte paintings, get jealous that Rodan's is so much better.
>>
File: S90112-141811.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>17145721
>mfw u realize after KotM and GvK the toho cinematic universe will always be criticized and compared to the monsterverse by the hollywoodtards
>mfw no matter how advanced their cgi or how heavy the messages are it will never be par to hollywood in their opinion because nips cgi sucks
>mfw it's only going to become more toxic and divisive from here on out
I'm scared bros.
>>
>>17140597
But he was attempting to eat Godzilla Earth
>>
>>17141942
he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling twins and their moth god
>>
Kind of mixed. A lot of stuff I liked about the third film, like the tone and stmosphere, but sadly the whole Monster aspect was kind of a let down.
>>
So can we just let Old Man Godzilla go to sleep now? He looked done with it all.
>>
File: is this nigga for real.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>17145079
Destroying his hate was just as important if not more so than destroying the nanometal shit.
>>
>>17146136
This.
His hate was a beacon for Ghidorah, the stone was just a stop gap.
>>
>>17142214
>sending everyone back to the stone age Doesn't save the species. it dooms it.
Did you miss the part that civilization was already doomed to begin with? He just prolonged it.
>>
>>17144272
As far as we can tell the only civilization is the one with Mothra egg.
>>
>You have lived to see Godzilla movies become too smart for people
What a time to be alive
>>
>>17146165
Movie 1
>"I HATE YOU GODZILLA!"
>Ends up failing and not learning his lesson.

Movie 2
>"I HATE YOU GODZILLA!"
>Ends up losing the girl he "loved" and ended up failing, not learning anything.

Movie 3
>"I dont know what to do.....oh wait, I HATE YOU GODZILLA"
>Has a chance to coexist with a loving family, instead grabs brain dead girl he "loved" and attempts to kamikaze Godzilla.
>Gets shot out of the air, leaving girl who actually loved him to be a single mother, and no one gave a damn about him after his death.

I understand that Haruo's motivation for it was that as long as he lived that Humanity couldnt move on from what lead them there, but at the same time it's stupid since it shows how Haruo is stubborn and mentally retarded. "I can't just stop hating Godzilla, better fucking kill myself hoho!".
What mad the situation worse was the fact that he's not the only person who was effected by Godzilla and that his Grandfather was murdered by humans, not Godzilla.
>>
>>17146203
>"I can't just stop hating Godzilla, better fucking kill myself hoho!".
Peak dishonesty. If Godzilla were the reason he offed himself the film wouldn't have bothered to setup the nanometal threat and his link to Ghidorah. We're shown that he was happy with his new life. Happy until Lazzari eagerly reactivated the nanometal and a eldritch abomination's mouthpiece started speaking to him. The dude had a lot problems and realized the world was better off without him. Symbolically, it's fitting that he dies. He's the last of the individuals alive who represented the ideas and emotions which brought humans into conflict with nature or god to begin with. If anything he's selfless because he gave up a good life to ensure humanity's future.

>no one gave a damn about him after his death.
Stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>17146203
>no one gave a damn about him after his death.
Based speedwatcher skipping post credit scene.
>>
>>17146240
Nope, Pruned Moth waifu and her bastard children watching burning man(The Wrathful one) as the tribe dance.
>>
>>17142417
>What is using physical intimacy to deal with trauma
>>
People that still thinks Haruo is an Eren knockoff are factually retarded. PotM, sure. But City literally began with him rethinking what he truly wanted and the whole movie he wonders if he's dragging everyone into his "grudge" business and finally realizes he just wanted to make Earth theirs again, no funny alien business. Come Planet Eater, G is the least of his worries, and he now knows aliens are just using his hatred as an excuse to rule earth. After the mindrape it's too late for him because he'll invite danger himself, so sacrifice is his option. If he's an Eren, he'd instead utilize that last vulture and nanometal to take another futile attempt toward destruction.
>>
>>17146203
Brainlet
>>
Side material details

-Nanometal is made with G cells and is inherently malevolent. If left to grow it will eventually become another Godzilla, only worse.

-Metphies needs Haruo because hate powers Ghidorah more. If Haruo had participated in the ritual, Ghidorah’s full body (as opposed to just heada) would have appeared and devoured the entire planet instantly.
>>
>>17146165
What a time to be alive. I didn't really expect people to be this retarded.
>>
>>17146407
Has that Exif report thing distributed on TPE's theater programs been translated yet? I'm kinda curious about it. It's apparently about the Exif's true nature UE learnt after the ship's departure or something.
>>17146165
>>17146423
It's a bit amusing to see people miss the point this much. All the minutiae details and handholding described to explain everything in the trilogy paradoxically made the actual brainlets show their true nature. Doesn't help that TPE basically answered everything.
>>
>>17146445
>Doesn't help that TPE basically answered everything.
Makes me wonder if the reactions would be different had they turned this story into a series rather than a trilogy of films. Because for some reason I see people critiquing the movies separately without bothering to tie the connections together.
>>
>>17146756
It was originally going to be a series. But after Shin Godzilla was so successful Toho was like "Hey, why not instead of doing a tv series, we just suddenly make this into a trilogy of movies"
>>
>>17146787
Yeah I'm aware, and I kind of think they should have stuck to that format. Perhaps more gradual storytelling and a faster release schedule would have made the story and message flow better. Although that would have necessitated changing up some things like restructuring the story and pace.
>>
What does moth pussy feel like?
>>
>>17146933
Dusty.
>>
>>17146822
I think beside the whole extra cash from theaters, splitting it into a whole year was also a good way to keep the godzilla name relevant. Thanks to the trilogy there's not a single year without G since Shin, and goes all the way to KotM. Just making it a seasonal anime would, well, probably made it last for like 6 months before fading off into obscurity.
That said, I hope they consider the 12/24 eps approach when they need to fill empty slots again. The banters in these movies and Shin are comfy to watch. Wouldn't even mind if it's CGI because Polygon absolutely aced the models this time..
>>
>be Yuko
>fall for Haruo
>gets nanometal'd and thought to be dead when really you're just a vegetable
>gets cucked by a moth girl while in a coma
>your lover gives her his seed and marries her while you're unconscious
>your lover then takes you to kill himself and you while you're still in a vegetable state to Godzilla
>have no choice but to take it cause you can't move
Yuko was no one special but goddamn that's fucked up
>>
>>17147269
Yuko was basically dead. Lazzari said she wasn't going to recover and only the nanomteal was keeping her "alive." And, although he seems to care for her, Haruo never really reciprocated her feelings as he was too busy with Godzilla. She had it rough all around.
>>
>>17145278
*click*
>>
Any better than the others?
>>
>>17145278
Where does he find camera's in his size?
>>
>>17148352
You never heard of Bic Camera? Why do you think Godzilla keeps going back to Tokyo?
>>
>>17147269
>dying together with your loved one
vs
>staying in coma for all eternity since nanometal is virtually immortal
Eh, she could have it worse.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.