[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 58 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: rising.png (117 KB, 640x480)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
Hi, I'm Oppai Missile. You might remember me from translations such as Mazinger Angels, Dancouga Burn and some weird lesbian Gundam visual novel. I was also the main story translator in the Super Robot Wars GC translation project we had going on here a long time ago, and I guess the project died because I vanished and there wasn't anyone to take my place. Sorry about that, it was a combination of burnout and life happening. When you do something as a hobby for free, you have to accept that it will be low priority if anything happens to you.
However, I kept my translation files safe and backed up all this time, hoping to maybe one day get back to it. A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to it. I played through the game again from the beginning up to where I had left off to get myself back up to speed, checking my old translation as I went to fix any mistakes or things I thought sounded awkward, and then I just kept going for a bit. I think the last thing I shared was the files up to stage 20, now I'm done up to 25. Here's the link to the script files (my old mediafire folder won't take the upload for some reason):
>https://mega.nz/#!vBhxTY4R!LiVpkq_ft9UY-5uDPQ1QBSiFDboC68GRc6FIjGovPvU
I haven't tested these files in game because I don't have the binsplitter utility to recompile the thing, my past self didn't think to back that up with the rest of the stuff for some reason. I only have the game script files and Dashman's awesome script editing tool.
Now hopefully the rest of the team is still around. If they're not, which is understandable, I can totally finish all the cutscenes myself, and I think the menus and stuff were already done? though I don't have those files either. We might have to look through old archived threads to put everything together if it comes to that.

(If anyone needs proof this is really me, I'm putting a little edit on the last post on my release blog, which you can google.)
>>
>>17086702
I think I saw Bring show up a week or two ago, so he's definitely still around. Don't know about anyone else. Good to see you back either way!
>>
Please be real.

I want a GC Translation.
>>
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Dash in a really long time. I'm still around sometimes, though.
>>
>>17087063
Oh hey. It'll a bit sad if Dash doesn't show up, but let's hopefully keep the thread up for a while and see what happens.
I found Bring's folder in the archive (it was just mediafire.com/srwgc, I guess I should have remembered that), it has all the tools and stuff we made before. Tomorrow I'll try to compile the translation into the game and take some screenshots and video of it in action.
>>
>>17086702
>and some weird lesbian Gundam visual novel
So, yeah, about that...
Will someone someday insert the translation into the game? I'd do it myself if I still had my notebook (and knew how)
>>
If you're serious about coming back to work on this, this is totally the best Christmas present.
>>
>>17086702
I wish you the best of luck, you could ask around romhacking and gbatemp for assistance, those seem to be the places for fan translation nowadays.
>>
>>17086702
Please rise from the grave.
>>
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: stage25.jpg (1.1 MB, 1272x1524)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Okay, I got some stuff from the Mediafire folder and searched my own posts in the archive to find out what tool I used to modify the iso, and managed to get it working. Here's some screenshots of stage 25. Only some of the menus and stuff is translated though, I don't know if this is because I'm missing files or we just never got it done. This wasn't my area before, it really would be best if Bring and/or Dash show up to clarify it a bit. I'd like to at least have everything we got done before I record a video.

>>17087401
It's been almost six years now and nobody has done it, so I wouldn't expect anything at this point. It's too bad, I had hoped there would be a bit more interest. I did format the translation in such a way to make it as painless to use as possible, though, so I hope at least some people enjoyed it, though I got very few comments about it.
>>
File: amuro.png (239 KB, 500x333)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>17086702
Very cool, always nice to see more ENG SRW. I also wanted to say I appreciate the work on Mazin Angels. It was one of the best manga I've had the fortune to read.
>>
>>17088803
I did read it, a couple of years back. It wasn't that bad.
>>
>>17088803
It's glorious, I never thought SRW GC would even have a shot at being translated, the translation would also be a incidental tribute to Yu Yamamoto with all the J9 series appearing in GC.
>>
File: GRWJD9-14.png (352 KB, 636x508)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
Searching the archive, I see that Bring posted on the SRW general just a few weeks ago and even joked about this project being back. Too bad I didn't catch that. I also found Dashman's profile on romhacking.net, but it says he hasn't been active since 2016, so it's probably not much help.
For now I made posts about this on my blog and twitter, probably won't matter since I hadn't touched either of those things in three years, but just in case. I'll try to keep this thread alive for a little while at least to see what happens, though I won't do any translation for the next few days since there's family Christmas stuff.
>>
>>17090381
After the holidays you gotta take the project to romhacking or GBAtamp, both have had recent success in translating SRW games and I'm sure you could find real help from those sites.

Also if this is released it will be the first ever fan translated Gamecube game which is neat.
>>
>>17090381
Seconding just going to tempgba to get some help.
>>
File: 57654081_p0.jpg (266 KB, 1191x1684)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>17090406
>>17090442
Yeah I get it. There's no need to rush to recruit people though. It's only been two days since I resurrected this project and the rest of the team should have the prerogative to be involved again if they want to. I have everything I need to keep working on the dialogue text and that's still gonna take quite a while anyway, this game has 59 stages plus all the sub-stages so I'm only like 1/3 through it. Even if I maintain a good pace, it's gonna take me a few months to finish it. If I start getting close to the end and I'm still by myself here, I'll go ask for help elsewhere.

There needs to be more Akemi fanart by the way, the current amount and quality is pitiful.
>>
>>17092081
Akemi a cute.

https://imgur.com/a/z2cdT4V

Good luck btw. I'll be rooting for you on the sidelines.
>>
>>17092081
Good Luck
>>
File: akemi gc 004.png (552 KB, 342x720)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
>>17092081
There's not really anything I can do at this point to help out, since I'm not qualified to be translating stuff outside of the menus, but I hope everything goes well for you. It would be really cool to see the project eventually completed.
>>
>>17092570
That's fine, man. Thanks for all the work you did before.
>>
>>17088803
>so I wouldn't expect anything at this point.
That's a real shame, it's just not the optimal experience, having to constantly move your eyes between a game in japanese and a text file, but thanks for translating anyway, at least this way we can play it.
>>
>>17092099
Those are some big milkies.
>>
File: img_03.png (584 KB, 597x856)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>
>>17095473
Is this the OG bot of GC?, it fits right in with Rajin-Oh and the J9 mechs.
>>
>>17095484
One of them yeah. It's the Soul Saber.
>>
File: SRWGC art 006.jpg (353 KB, 1400x1326)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>
File: SRWGC art 005.jpg (258 KB, 1200x869)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>
File: 6086895i.jpg (76 KB, 500x508)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>17095484
That's the super, this is the real.
>>
>>17096079
Wish we could get this in the next OG game
>>
>>17096079
I love the Super but this is really good too.
>>
>>17097386
Where is it from? I know its from CG but we didn't see it in MD? Did we?
>>
>>17097531
No it wasn't in MD at all
>>
File: card_18.png (67 KB, 300x419)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Anyone got this in decent res?
>>
File: sample srw 007.jpg (70 KB, 643x441)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>17099619
No, but I did find this.
>>
File: sally srw 003.png (72 KB, 300x419)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>17099637
>>
File: 36680240_p0.jpg (241 KB, 1013x1276)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>
File: xd.gif (23 KB, 100x100)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
>>17099619
>>17099646
Don't post sluts on /m/!
Happy and dorky sluts, but still sluts!
Sluts!
>>
File: akimi.jpg (535 KB, 720x900)
535 KB
535 KB JPG
>>17100518
Mika pls
>>
File: christmas.jpg (52 KB, 636x508)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Kay, I'm back from Christmas family time. Though I still have some things tomorrow so I'll probably get back to working on this again over the weekend.
Also it turns out that Dash and Bring had a thread about this project going on romhacking.net and it's still there, so that's probably the place for me to go.
>>
>>17102633
Relax, AI... Bernie is fine.

No one will play this game and not save Bernie, only monsters do that.
>>
>>17086702
YOU HAVE SUMMONED BRING STABITY! THE ORIGINAL FROM WHOM COUNTLESS USELESS COPIES WERE MADE, JOBBER TO TIERIA, EDITOR OF SRW TRANSLATIONS, (soon to be) DOCTOR OF QUANTUM COMPUTERS, AND BRINGER OF STABS. STATE YOUR WISH AND...

Oh, it's you tit-rocket. Long time no see buddy. I hope things were the good kind of busy, not the bad kind. But life happens, I can totally feel that. I've had more than my share of it as well. Since you're back to your job, I may as well get back to mind. I did an editing pass for episode 1 (I can see it all playing out from just the text boxes).
https://pastebin.com/ctRit2Qs

>>17087045
I hate to break it to you anon, but we're all just figments of your imagination. You're actually just a Boltzmann brain floating in space. Nothing is real.

>>17087063
>>17087315
Yeah, Dash disappeared. There was someone that made a cryptic post about things going well, but hypothetically not being able to continue. I assumed that was you, but maybe it was Dash, or just an anon trolling us.

>>17092099
>>17094133
Akemi is super cute, and very milky. Even when I thought that this project had thoroughly died, I was glad that we had left our mark on the SRW community by nicknaming her Milky Tits.

>>17102711
The person who had to play though all scenarios to rip the text when we were using the old texture replacement method did.
>>
Also, Archibald posted in a SRWG thread a week ago, So there might be some MXP progress as well.
>>
>>17104001
I agree that Akemi is very, very cute.
>>
>>17104001
Awesome, you showed up. Great to see you. Maybe you can help make some sense of how much progress we actually have. Back in the day I just focused on doing my part and didn't really pay that much attention to what you guys were doing, unfortunately.
I wanted to record a new video of the translation in action, so I threw some of the stuff from the mediafire folder into my iso to see what we had. What showed up translated was the pilot and robot names, abilities, spirits, battle lines and my story dialogues. Is that all or did I miss any files? Like, menus and stuff were still in Japanese. Do we know how to access those without Dash? They're kind of important. Also, do you remember if we ever found fixes for the game's emulation issues, like battle lines no displaying properly and cutscene lines sometimes getting skipped? I recall these being old issues, and they're still there.
If we don't have any better way of contacting Dash, maybe you could try DMing him on romhacking? I know his profile says he hasn't been active since 2016, but maybe he'll get an automated email or something. It's understandable if he's moved on from all this, but it would be nice to get the word to him just in case he wants to be involved again.
>>
>>17105155
>Maybe you can help make some sense of how much progress we actually have.
Steve got all/most of the menus translated. I'm pretty sure Dash was able to update Start.Dol with it. We had a hacky way of adding a new font file (memory injection) and I edited the PPC code to point to our injected font file instead of the the one that comes with the game. I was never able to figure out the compression scheme, so we're not able to access anything that's compressed (like the original font file or the status effect messages). I replaced the existing fixed with font code with a variable width font code so that much works and looks nice.

>Menus
I thought we did, but I never actually played with the hacked ISO. I just passed my files back to Dash and had him build the ISO.

>Also, do you remember if we ever found fixes for the game's emulation issues, like battle lines no displaying properly
I don't remember that issue. Can you describe it?

>and cutscene lines sometimes getting skipped?
Change your texture cache to safe instead of fast.

>If we don't have any better way of contacting Dash, maybe you could try DMing him on romhacking?
I already tried a year ago. I wanted to retire the project and ask him to release the last ISO that he had built and let people play at least the first 20 stages translated. He never replied. I also spoke with the Ace Combat 3 team since he was also helping them, and they don't have a way of getting in touch with him either.
>>
File: GRWJD9-155.png (185 KB, 640x480)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>17105211
Regarding the menus, I don't know if we ever translated the headers and such once we moved onto the actual hacking. I had them translated via texture replacement, but I can't remember if we changed them legit or not later on.
>>
>>17105253
Yeah, that sounds right. It was changed with texture replacement, but not in the ISO. The headers are probably also compressed.
>>
>>17105211
>>17105253
>>17105304
>Change your texture cache to safe instead of fast.
Right, I remember that now. It fixes both issues I had.

>I already tried a year ago.
>It was changed with texture replacement, but not in the ISO.
Okay, that's a bit unfortunate then. So we don't know how to access the menu text in the game files? There's also a bunch of other stuff like mission title screens, the location names during cutscenes and pilot bios. I'm down to translate everything, but if we don't have Dash to figure out where to access and edit the text, we're kinda boned. We can ask for help in places like romhacking and gbatemp, but it's probably not that easy to find someone with both the know-how and willingness to help.
I guess as a last resort we could always go back to the texture replacing method. At least that way we know we can replace all the text in the game, right?
>>
>>17107058
The only problem is, we might eventually hit a point where the textures stop loading properly, because there's apparently a limit to how many you can use. We started to run into that problem around the time Dashman started finding ways to alter the text in the ISO. Maybe that can be avoided if the majority of the text (story / battle dialogue, weapons, units, etc.) is already translated in-game, though.
>>
>>17107058
What was Dash mainly doing anyway, rebuilding files and debugging to track down whatever stuff needed to be edited? I didn't follow the older threads at the time, so I don't know what all is missing now they're gone.

>>17107195
That might be due to VRAM limitations or something if textures just stop loading at all after however long. Depends on if your VWF code is just moving where they're drawn onscreen without affecting what's in VRAM or not. Depending on how you folks do it, using some of your font for combined smaller-width characters (like "ll" or if") to save space might work I guess.
>>
>>17107350
The texture replacement is actually an emulator function. It has a Load folder where you put the textures you want to insert, and it does it on the fly. That eventually started to break, though, because we were originally using this to translate ALL the text, including dialogue, and not just menu items.
>>
>>17107195
I've been following the Dolphin dev blog, and it sounds like they've made some big improvements to custom texture handling, so we might see some improvement there.

Also, if we have all the text translated in the ISO, and then just need to use custom textures for the menu headers, then there's nothing wrong with that. After all, we were using custom textures for the menus, intermission dialog, and battle dialogue, so if we have just menu textures replaced, it won't be a problem for us.

>>17107350
Dash created all of our tools and was working on understanding the file structure of the disc. He identified pretty much all of the files that had text and figured out how to split them properly, and rejoin them to add them on the new ISO. He also figured out how to crudely inject the new font into memory (and I edited the ASM to point to the new font instead of the old font (we had to keep both in memory unfortunately).

Also, like Steve was saying, when we refer to textures, we're talking about Dolphin's texture replacement feature. Dolphin hashes each texture and allows you to provide custom textures in a "Load" folder that will overwrite any matches. If you've seen any hi-res texture hacks for games (like the Wind Waker one) we did something similar except replace textures with Japanese text on them to have English text. There were a bunch of flaws with that method, but it allowed us to translate without hacking.

SRW GC draws all text onto a texture, and then loads that into VRAM. My VWF code just made the drawing width of each character the right size. In the end, the same thing was being pushed to VRAM. It's not like the old days that you had to draw everything on 8x8 tiles.

But generally speaking, if you hear any of us say texture, we're referring to the Dolphin texture replacement feature.
>>
>>17107421
Okay, gotcha (at least to a degree anyway, since I haven't seen how the game does things internally myself). Wasn't sure if that was a Dolphin thing or not, seeing as I didn't know how far the whole Dolphin-specific vs actual hacking bit had come.
>>
File: GRWJD9-116.png (414 KB, 640x960)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>17107435
We had most of the menu stuff done with the texture replacement method.
>>
File: GRWJD9-1.png (345 KB, 600x480)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>17107555
As a heads up from poking about in the Mediafire stuff, it does look like you folks have the tools available to edit that without needing to rely on Dolphin if you want to aim for a more compatible release. It just involves getting an English version of the source texture to work off of, then making adjustments to the necessary SCR files.

An example is attached that mucks about with the window heading, and "Level" sections since those were handy enough to grab.
>>
>>17107683
I actually can't get the font hack thing to work on my end anymore. Not sure why.
>>
>>17107871
As in the VWF stuff for the actual stings (like Spirits and names)? I just extracted the game, threw the 4 "edited files" folder into their respective places, then rebuilt it. Or is this some different font thing you mean?
>>
File: Musashi.png (547 KB, 926x713)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
This is the energy source that
annihilated your ancestors...!
Be destroyed by it once more!

I love this scene. Also, fuck dinosaurs.
>>
So, I'm sitting around editing the English script for SRW GC, and after stumbling on one of Jack's lines, I'm sad that we won't have Jack King and Chibodee interacting in SRW T.
>>
>>17107058
Episode 2 edited:
https://pastebin.com/H5QZce7u
>>
File: separated at birth.jpg (11 KB, 153x106)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>17109032
If you're going through everything I've done again, please watch out for any time the Dragonar units are referred to. I think I was inconsistent in spelling it "D-Weapons" or "D weapons".

I did some of stage 26 today. Previously I pushed myself to do 21-25 at a pace of one entire stage per day because I really wanted to start this thread before Christmas, but for my own sanity it's probably better to slow down a bit. One stage every two days or so should be fine. Also I just noticed how similar Baxinger and Soul Saber's map icons are.

By the way, does anyone know what Sasuraiger's combination/transformation call should be? In Japanese it's テイク・サスライド、オン. The first part is "take" and the last part is "on", but the middle looks like a combination of Sasuraiger and... slide, I guess? No idea.
>>
>>17110291
>The first part is "take" and the last part is "on", but the middle looks like a combination of Sasuraiger and... slide, I guess? No idea.
Looks like a combination of Sasuraiger and Ride. As in riding on a train.

>I think I was inconsistent in spelling it "D-Weapons" or "D weapons".
Do you have a preference as to which one we go with? Do you know what /m/ subs went with?
>>
>>17110291
Dang, looks good
>>
>>17110291
>テイク・サスライド、オン.
Take the ride on?
>>
>>17110529
On the magic school bus?

But in all seriousness, you get "the" out of サス (sasu). "The" is usually written as ザ (za) in katakana.
>>
>>17110534
*you can't get
>>
>>17110534
>It's a sasuraiger thing
No wonder, I've never seen it.
>>
Just seems like "Take Sasuride On," to me, but I dunno if there's subs for the series or anything.
>>
>>17110291
Confirmation from the goombas, it's "Take Sasuride On." https://bibliomecha.altervis<remove me>ta.org/mecha/sasuraiger.html#Cenni_Biografici

Also, can we please take a moment to wonder in amazement at the fact that our best secondary source for info on Super Robots is Italy.

Also, a Japanese source:
https://www.logsoku.com/r/2<fuck you spam filter>ch.net/tcg/1422359960/
>361 : 名無しプレイヤー@手札いっぱい。@転載は禁止[sage] 投稿日:2015/02/01(日) 02:21:52.42 ID:IDS8uwU/0 [1/3回(PC)]
>申し訳ないが速攻魔法《Take Sasuride ON!》は列車デッキを更に強化するのでNG

Take out the stuff in angle brackets.
>>
Stage 2b
https://pastebin.com/ZHpfPJQ1
>>
>>17110660
There's not. Crinn vanished midway through Baxinger's subs.

Sasuraiger getting subs any time soon outside of a Discotek related miracle is about as unlikely as Jinraiger actually airing.
>>
>>17111386
Clearly you just need to believe in Sasuride, On!
Or just continue to be a realist.

Stage 3. Lots of edits. Also, all mention of the D Weapons have been without the hyphen. I'm keeping a separate list of each mention, in case we need to switch between the two conventions.
https://pastebin.com/b7xUwAb4

Side note, does anyone know how to force notepad++ to open files with a certain character set? If I could open the bins with Shift-Jis instead of having to manually set it, I could just search the files and find all mentions of it.
>>
>>17111386
There's a translation of ep 1 of Sasuraiger here:
https://mega.nz/#!HcBUnLzK!XFOB7_Qx4fkFjI4NqFJexDXusWplAZ7XwZxFWyCrHrM

I wish Crinn would come back too, got some near done eps in the buffer, but missing 2 in the middle, which would need doing from scratch but I'd need to find the time for somehow.

Not sure what to do, actually bought all the J9 Blu-Rays, and slowly got some people to help on getting a BD version of Braiger out.
>>
>>17111691
Thanks for that link, the song translation helped a bunch.

sasurai means wandering, we can translate sasuraido as wanderide to keep the meaning, but we lose the reference to Sasuraiger if we translate it. Unless we translate Sasuraiger to Wanderaiger, but that sounds like a really bad and overly literal idea to me. I'd probably do that if I was doing a dub, or at least one aimed at casuals.

Overall, let's stick to "Let's Sasuride, ON!"

>>17111691
Who can I send edits to?
Sasuraiger EP 1 14:50
>play a biggest game
play the biggest game
>>
>>17112868
Dunno, this was done by a guy on IRC who didn't want credit or a big fuss. Doubt there'd be a v2.
>>
File: merchants.jpg (547 KB, 636x1524)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
>>17110308
>>17111095
>>17112868
Oh yeah, "ride" makes a lot more sense. I just saw スライド and automatically read it as "slide". We should probably keep the "sasu" for the reference, though.

I just finished stage 26. They're having their fun with the three J9 series all together.
Also, you can see in this screenshot that Pancho Poncho's name is in Japanese, I only noticed it when I tested in game. You know Dash made the script editor automatically translate the name of whoever's speaking so I don't have to do it, and this character's name normally appears as Poncho, which gets translated. But this stage has a long cutscene where he has a lot of lines and for most (but not all) of it his name appears as Pancho instead, so it wasn't translated. I went back and changed every instance back to Poncho for consistency, but I don't remember now if this happened before in other scenes. Please watch out for it when he shows up. (I do remember this happened once with Ramba Ral, as his name normally appears as Ral, but in one line only it appeared as Ramba.)
Another thing is that I've been translating the name of King トクガー to Tokugar whenever he was mentioned, but now he showed up and had lines and I saw that Dash translated it as Tokuga instead. So if you can just let me know what lines he gets mentioned in when you get to them, that'd be great.
>>
Is it bad that my mental voice for Char and Dren are the abridged versions?
>>
File: I'M TOP GUN.png (287 KB, 640x480)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
Welcome to 2019, guys.
>>
>>17114117
I just read that as
>AIM TOP GUN
>>
>>17114059
>Is it bad that my mental voice for Char and Dren are the abridged versions?
Actually, it's for the entire MSG cast, not just Char and Dren.
>>
And let's kick off the new year with another stage edited. Stage 4:
https://pastebin.com/x7CNKFX0

>>17113273
Oppai, we need to make a translation decision. I've see you say "Federation army" a bunch of times. In MSG, it's usually rendered as Federation Forces or Earth Federation Forces (which includes the EFSF, Earth Federation Space Forces). Is there something that makes it have to be "Federation army"? Because it sounds weird when we say something like "The Federation Army's Space Fleet"
>>
File: SallyEmil-01.png (61 KB, 340x766)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
Happy new year resurrected GC team.
>>
>>17114314
I remember we discussed that a long time ago and I started using "forces" instead. In fact, I thought we went back changed every instance of "army" to "forces" in this context, kinda weird that you're finding more. Maybe the backup I'm working from is missing your original QC pass.
Related to that I guess, I've been using "army" for L-Gaim stuff. I didn't even think about it, "rebel army" just seems to flow better in my head I guess. Let me know if I should change it.
>>
>>17115326
Great. I'll read through stage 4 again and change army to Forces, and get you another paste with corrections.
>>
File: GRWJD9-35.jpg (56 KB, 636x508)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Did stage 26-b today. These substages are shorter so I can do it in one day.
All this Daiohja lore was pretty annoying to figure out, but I think I got it.
>>
>>17117123
That's me of course. Forgot my name.
>>
>>17117123
Daiohja is probably the most obscure anime to appear in SRW ever.
>>
>>17097333
It's originally from a different crossover game (Sunrise Eiyuutan I think?) so probably not happening. We likely would've had it as an option like Garmraid/Cerberus otherwise.
>>
>>17117123
>>17117129
It may be annoying to figure out the lore, but I love the theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfJJZa75iy0
>>
>>17117130
Acrobunch is pretty up there. It's even only in one of the most obscure games, Compact 3
>>
Additional stage 4 edits.
https://pastebin.com/49NiGQ0e
>>
>>17117130
What's it about?
>>
>>17117130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXZWusvis0&index=10 and Sunrise Eiyuutan
>>
File: GRWJD9-36.png (452 KB, 636x508)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
27 is halfway done. This is a really unfortunate name for a woman, by the way.

I googled the name of Poseidal's stronghold and came up with Gastogal, but then I saw that Dash translated it as Gustgal in the stage title. Do we change the title to match or the dialogue? Do we even know where to access the titles?
>>
>>17118948
FLAT IS JUSTICE
>>
So, you guys are translation SRWGC now or you are only picking up what is left?
>>
>>17118948
I found my old notes on L-Gaim names and terms for the project. I can't remember if you ever got them or not, and I'm not 100% sure on some of them, but here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0dqup1m65e0e0s/L-Gaim+Names.txt

>>
>>17119193
Okay, great. I'll follow that from now on and hopefully Bring will be able to point out the lines that need fixing when he does his edit pass on these missions.

>I'm not 100% sure on some of them
I don't think we need to worry about that too much. I'm pretty sure a lot of these names are just random syllables that some Japanese writer put together trying to make something that sounds foreign, so they're not really gonna have a "correct" transliteration. The important thing here is that we're consistent.
Did we have lists like that for any other series?
>>
>>17119774
>Did we have lists like that for any other series?

I did make a general name list for most of the characters in GC, but not one that covers terms and things like that outside of L-Gaim.
>>
File: here's johnny.jpg (190 KB, 636x508)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Finished stage 27 today. This was a really long one with a lot of OG interaction. Though I think I'll wait until I get to 30 before I share these files, which should happen some time next week.
>>
I won't have time to translate more today (or over the weekend probably), so I'm just gonna implement Bring's edits since I hadn't done that yet.

>>17109032
>They're rapidly approaching this Mount Asama!
The point of the word "this" here is to indicate that it's where they are, if we remove it it sounds like they're talking about some other location. I realize this doesn't sound as good in English as it does in Japanese, but I was having a hard time conveying that in a way that fits in the text box. The name of the place never comes up again anyway, so I could just have it as "approaching us" instead if it's better.

>>17111149
>huh, there's no 0993-0995.bin
Not all files have dialogue in them. I actually keep a list of which files are relevant to which stages so I can easily pick them out later. I always upload just the ones that matter, but the list would probably be useful to help you do the substages in order too, so I put it here:
https://pastebin.com/gfgengqm

>>17111446
>Could you doublecheck that. Could it mean something like "That'll be quite the boost to my social status"?
the meaning here is that taking a break from school to go on a trip sounds like a fancy, high society thing to do.

>They're coming in greater numbers.
I should probably just change that to "there's a lot of them coming" or something, actually.
>>
>>17123343
>so I could just have it as "approaching us" instead if it's better.
How about, "They're rapidly approaching us here at Mount Asama" It's a little fourth wall breaking since you wouldn't announce where "here" is, but it conveys the point across to the readers.

OK, I wanted to make sure there wasn't something we were missing. That paste could be useful.

>I should probably just change that to "there's a lot of them coming" or something, actually.
Probably a good idea.

I'll think about the status one. I'm sure there's some way to work that conveys that meaning and doesn't sound off.
>>
File: 39994786_p0.jpg (329 KB, 700x750)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>search Pixiv for ソウルセイバー
>apparently it's also a Cardfight!! Vanguard thing
Okay. Kinda cool.
>>
Stage 5

https://pastebin.com/0ddXjzjE
>>
>>17127163
Stage 5b
https://pastebin.com/uZN1qb6m
>>
Oh hi page 10.

>>17127163
>>17127184
I'll check these and 4 later today.
>>
>>17128759
Looks like we might need Dancouganon back to keep this thread from dropping off.
>>
File: 1433655545138.gif (870 KB, 360x272)
870 KB
870 KB GIF
>>17129342
This thread will live till the translation is done( or till it hits 300 posts.)
>>
>>17124611
Yeah sure, that fits.

>>17127163
>0072.bin is the same as 0071.bin, but it's all in Japanese
Yeah, they're identical for some reason. Changes in 0071 appear in game and cover the whole scene, so 0072 doesn't seem to be necessary.

>>17127184
>we can get help from the army.
>we can get help from the Earth Federation Forces
How about just "the military" here. She doesn't namedrop the Federation in this line.
>>
>>17130365
>How about just "the military" here. She doesn't namedrop the Federation in this line.
Good idea.
>>
File: iceman.jpg (37 KB, 373x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>17129342
I've sent the signal, let's see if they're still around.
>>
>>17130410
Fingers crossed.
>>
File: Dancouga 01.jpg (153 KB, 820x1200)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>17130410
>>17130873

Never fear now that I KNOW this thread is here I shall be checking every day. It will never meet page 10 again!

Glad to see this project still lives
>>
File: GRWJD9-49.png (346 KB, 636x508)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
I had enough time today to do all of stage 28, even though it's pretty long. We're finally back on Earth and it looks like Lalah is cheating on Char with this Quattro dude, what a whore. Also it's weird how Char's custom Zaku, custom Z'Gok and custom Gelgoog are all in the White Base's hangar for some reason.
Also, nobody laughed at Kamille's name. I thought Sleggar or Shinobu might do it.

There is a splash screen in this stage that says "meanwhile on Earth", which is not translated in my rebuilt ISO and the text doesn't appear in the dialogue text files for me to change. It's similar the splash screen that appears at the very beginning of the game, and that one isn't translated either, so I guess Dash never found where these texts are.
>>
2019 is the year of SRW, i can feel it
>>
>>17131914
>2019 is the year of SRW
But 2018 WAS the year of SRW.
>>
>>17131919
2019 will now be referred to as 2018-2
>>
>>17131731
Good to have you and your Danougary ways back.

>>17131886
I'm impressed with how fast you're pumping these out. Rock on!
>>
>>17131975
Being productive is pretty stimulating.
>>
If you need any monkey to do some editing and crap or data entry or such, I'm here.
>>
>>17133404
For free?
>>
File: cab.jpg (30 KB, 508x512)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>17133407
>>
File: GRWJD9-50.png (357 KB, 636x508)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
I did a chunk of stage 29 today, but I'm not gonna bother testing in game right, so just take my word for it. I'll have a screenshot tomorrow when I finish it.
For now have another screenshot of stage 28 yesterday. It's kinda weird to type "Captain Quattro" and "Captain Bright" in the same line when the Japanese words are different, but I guess it can't be helped.
>>
>>17117614
Mito Komon in space with a giant robot.
>>
>>17131914
>>17131919
>2018
SRW:X
OG Gaiden
EX
Portable A
Five Great Batlle games
>2019
SRW:T
3rd(Re-translated)
4th
Endless Frontier Exceed
Hero Senki(maybe)
GC
>>
File: GRWJD9-65.png (355 KB, 636x508)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
Stage 29 is done. The best characters have finally arrived.

Turns out Dash translated the name of the glasses guy from Layzner as Rowan, but I thought it was Roanne. I went with Rowan so I don't have to change the name field every time, though I could do that if there's a good reason to go with Roanne instead.
>>
>>17137166
The guys translating J used "Roanne," but I think the subs for the anime used "Rowan." I prefer the latter since it sounds like a name a man might actually have
>>
>>17137166
Yeah, let's stick with Rowan, since that's a boy's name, and Roanne is a girl's name.
>>
File: MANNAME.gif (1014 KB, 500x375)
1014 KB
1014 KB GIF
>>17137247
>>
>>17137451
I certainly had Kamille in mind when I worded that post, but I sympathize with him. Kamil is a masculine name in a bunch of languages, and Kamila is the female equivalent.

So yes, Kamille is a man's name.
>>
File: 493085281.1.jpg (47 KB, 456x640)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Well, there is this, at least. But you know how Japan can be with names, and all.
>>
>>17137502
Yeah, Japan can be weird. I remember the first official English spellings of the Seed Characters were weird. I think Sai was something weird like Ssigh.
>>
>>17139000
Or Assrun and Athrun
>>
File: gundam seed zala zara.png (493 KB, 819x614)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>17139245
Zala or Zara? You decide.
>>
>>17137247
Been fixing to Rowan in the Layzner BD prep I've been doing. I vaguely remember seeing a name list once but was kinda meh, and a long time ago.
My logic was same as yours.
>>
File: GRWJD9-69.png (391 KB, 636x508)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
Did 28's substage today. This unlocks Fa, truly the greatest secret in the game.
>>
File: evil exposition.png (727 KB, 636x880)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
Finished stage 30. It was a really short stage for some reason, even shorter than the substage I did yesterday. This is when Mazinger Z gets destroyed and Kouji disappears, so I guess they made it short to create a cliffhanger effect or something.

I am now 50% up from where I was when I left off some two-three years ago. That's pretty good, I'd say. And this is theoretically about halfway through the game's 59 missions, though the substages probably throw that math off bit and I figure stages will get longer as we reach several climaxes.

>https://mega.nz/#!LZxjRAQC!pQM8hwPHOUrczp1ODyw1N78CY_KNzP9-RO46T_NP6c0
This link contains the script files for 1-30 for Bring to edit, but I've also included add01dat.bin already compiled for anyone who may want to try this partial translation. All you have to do is replace that one file inside the game ISO, which can be easily done with GCRebuilder.
>>
>>17139729

So Meyrin being a couple with Athrun is canon after all ?
>>
>>17141615
Come on, Fa's nice. Plus this is the old voice, not the new one that makes her sound like a raging bitch all the time.
>>
>>17144283
Isn't that because she is?
>>
>>17144260
Looks like it.
>>
>>17144289
She's more of a nagger, but the new voice bumps it to raging bitch.
>>
>>17144283
I don't have any problem with Fa, I think she's cute. It's just kinda silly to make her a secret.
>>
>>17144254
>Finished stage 30. It was a really short stage for some reason, even shorter than the substage I did yesterday. This is when Mazinger Z gets destroyed and Kouji disappears, so I guess they made it short to create a cliffhanger effect or something.
how many stages is GC, cause waiting 30 stages in to start doing Mazinkaiser's plot seems a little weird
>>
>>17145752
59 stages, plus an assortment of substages. http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/GC/Flow_Chart

So yes, Oppai just hit the halfway point. Woo!

>>17144254
Awesome job Oppai!
>>
I ended up doing all of stage 31 today. It was pretty long, but didn't have a long pre-battle cutscene before dropping you on the map, so I didn't know when to split it. Should have probably just stopped after a while, but oh well. Maybe I'll take a break tomorrow.

I need some clarification on the name of Raijin-Oh's enemies. I thought it was "Jark" as a pun on the work jaaku (evil), but Dash used "Dark" for the names of the units. Is that what they use in the official subs?

Also, I'm getting really confused on the OG plot. Early on in the game they talked like Herluga had already found C.U.B.E., then they started talking like he's still looking for it, and now they literally said that C.U.B.E. is inside the protagonist's unit (and they said like it's old news, but I'm sure it hadn't been mentioned before). I looked at the lines many times, I'm pretty confident I didn't misunderstand them, so I don't know if it's just poor writing or what. Maybe there's more than one of the thing? Did Moon Dwellers have this C.U.B.E. thing in it?
>>
>>17148114
The official subs for Raijin-Oh refer to them as Jaku beasts, with that exact spelling. The 5th dimension aren't terribly subtle villains, nor is Absolutely Invincible Raijin-Oh
>>
>>17148331
Strange, I thought it was Jaku Monster, not Beast.
>>
>>17148334
Might have been. Either way, he was asking for the Jaku part, and I'm solid on remembering that
>>
>>17148114
I used "Dark" for some Jaaku Empire-related stuff as more of a placeholder than anything else. Because we didn't really have a finalized name for it yet.
>>
>>17145712
But Fa is the best secret Oppai.
>>
>>17148331
>>17148654
Okay, we should probably change it then. The Japanese name is ジャーク which is almost exactly like 邪悪 (evil), but written in katakana, so I believe the intention was to give the aliens a name that sounds a lot like "evil" without actually being the work. The Wikipedia article on the series uses "Jark" and it's possibly what I'd use if it were up to me, or we could go with "Jaku" like in the subs, I think that's fine too. There's no reason to use "Dark", though.
Do we know how to change the unit names in the files, or did only Dash know how to do that?

(Amusingly, most dictionaries want to translate ジャーク as "jerk". It would be pretty funny if the villains were the "Jerk Empire".)
>>
>>17148114
>>17150181
I keep typing "work" instead of "word", maybe I need more sleep. Please overlook it.
>>
>>17150181
Dash released a tool to change a lot of the menu-based names, but I don't know if it's backed up anywhere. Bring might have it.
>>
File: 5th dimension did CNN.png (583 KB, 629x481)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
>>17150181
>so I believe the intention was to give the aliens a name that sounds a lot like "evil" without actually being the work
Well, two things about that
First is that Raijin-Oh is a show for elementary schoolers. Another possible explanation is that they wanted to write the same word in kana instead of kanji so it would be easier for them to understand
The second is that the monsters in question are literally created out of an Akudama (which I believe is something like "Devil's ball"?) absorbing the words of things people consider to be bad or annoying and taking a form based on those things. They flat out are literally evil monsters. Again Raijin-Oh is not a show about subtlety or cleverness
>>
>>17150362
Yeah they use the Akudama in the game. It's a bit difficult to understand what it is without visuals, but the dialogue made it clear that it's an object and the guy used to create Jaku Raijin-Oh.
So you think we should just go with "Evil"?
>>
>>17152007
Akudama are little balls the villain hid across Japan. Whenever a passing person says something like "Man I hate homework," the akudama will hear that and transform into a monster in the form of homework or whatever else the person was disturbed by

But, anyway, I'd go with "Jaku" simply because that's how it's pronounced and there will probably be some voiced lines regarding that. Main bad guy's mecha is actually called "Jaku Satan" after all
>>
>>17150204
I'm pretty sure all the tools are in mediafire.com/srwgc , under hacking tools->text editing for the hacking method. I'm using the script editor to do the dialogue of course, but I think there's still stuff to do with the other tools as well.

>>17152153
Yeah let's just go with Jaku then, since it's in an official source.
>>
File: 5th dimensional putin.png (1.61 MB, 699x1571)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
>>17150362
Post the whole thing anon. Also that's Fox, not CNN.
>>
>>17153086
Anyone else want to see Taida and Satan Gundam beat up nazis?
>>
File: 1173829613121.jpg (91 KB, 700x477)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>
File: Dancouga 02.png (1.93 MB, 1460x1325)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>
>>17153086
triggered
>>
File: GRWJD9-88.png (411 KB, 636x508)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
Stage 32 is done. The plot keeps going. I dunno, I just translate the words.
>>
>>17148114
>>17150181
I remember in the old threads, one of the options that we didn't go with was to rename them the Eevil Empire. It would maintain the Japanese property of sounding like Evil, but being spelt differently.

However, Jerk Empire would be amazing. While Jerk isn't as strongly evil as Evil or Dark, it still gets the point across.

Nonetheless, official subs say Jaku, so let's stick with Jaku.

>>17152007
>>17152153
So the akudama are sort of like shirikodama, just not inside your asshole.

>>17152153
>Jaku Satan
Imagine if it was Jerk Satan. "Wow, that Satan guy sure was a jerk."

>>17153086
Wow, the Jaku Empire supports Hillary. Truly their evil knows no bounds.

>>17157330
>Herluga
Wait, isn't it supposed to be Helruga?
>>
>>17157959
Herluga Isberga, based on minor planet 923 Herluga and asteroid 939 Isberga.
>>
>>17158124
Awesome, learn new things everyday.
>>
>>17158127
On that note, though, I have no idea what OGMD's localization used for his name. With all the wonky names that were being thrown around, my brain just defaulted to whatever I was already familiar with, though I definitely remember GALVANIZE and ANIMUS.
>>
File: DgkiJV0.jpg (52 KB, 629x474)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>17158146
>ANIMUS
>>
>>17157959

Another option would be to make it something like Zherk Empire, so it's not too obvious but once you read it to yourself you get the joke faster than with Jaku.
>>
File: GRWJD9-94.png (332 KB, 636x508)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
32b done. These bastards finally joined.
>>
>>17159322
Forgot my name, but you get it.
>>
>>
>>17157959
>Wow, the Jaku Empire supports Trump. Truly their evil knows no bounds.
Well the Underworld forces from Ganbaruger are technically worse, Gokuaku actually got the 10,10 rating on /a/'s suffering chart. Also Belzeb is clearly Putin.
>>
Will there be a convenient way to access the script outside of the game?
I have a copy of the game on Gamecube, it would be cool to play it that way.
>>
File: 1495857375409.jpg (1.57 MB, 2199x2163)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>17160436
That's not the actual chart though.
>>
>>17160456
It is, they updated it.
>>
>>17160466
No, one guy (you?) updated it and outside of /m/ it hasn't been reposted anywhere.

https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/181800427/#181801798
>>
>>17160481
Huh. Lets change that.
>>
>>17160450
The not particularly convenient way is to download the script files from the mediafire folder and read them as you play. I figure we can put out a script dump for offline play.
>>
File: Dancouga burned.png (2.96 MB, 1440x2143)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
>>17160720
Cool.
>>
Just gonna bump this before I go to bed. I did part of stage 33 today, will probably finish it tomorrow and have a screenshot.
>>
File: Dancouga 03.jpg (839 KB, 675x900)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
>>
File: GRWJD9-98.png (403 KB, 636x508)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
Done with 33. It took this long for Raijin-Oh to join permanently, even though you get to use it in the first stage. Only just now getting the Mazinger team, too.
Stay in school, kids.
>>
>>17164242
That always annoyed me so much. It's even worse considering they pretty much upgraded all of them by that stage, so it's not like they were super broken and couldn't join earlier.
>>
This is a really weird feeling to be falling so far behind on the editing process. But in all honesty, this is a good thing.
>>
File: GRWJD9-7.png (404 KB, 636x508)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>17164908
It's not like we have a deadline or anything. I'm putting in the work because I'm enjoying it, went a long time without translating anything.

Substage 33 is done now, playing this one destroys Great Mazinger and makes Tetsuya leave immediately after he joined so he can come back later with Shin Great. And you get Venus too, interestingly, without losing Aphrodite. I guess it's this game's way of letting you use Sayaka and Jun at the same time if you really want to.
>>
>>17165798
Is Jun even playable? She wasn't a pilot until the movie.
>>
Play asian has several SRW and other /m/ games, are any of them worth getting?
>>
File: GRWJD9-97.png (304 KB, 636x508)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>17165803
Yes, she joined and then left with Tetsuya. I guess she'll be back when he's back.
>>
>>17165805
Not V or X, those are bad.
>>
>>17166561
man, don'r say that... really? why?
>>
>>17167303
Ignore him, he's a troll.
>>
A little bump for the night.
>>
>>17167303
They are easy, but I wouldn't say they are bad. Every SRW mostly plays the same at this point with a few differences. X and V's thing has no squads, no partner systems, a training mode for benched pilots, and an upgrade system to put points into as you go along to unlock new equipment and abilities.

But hey the mascots give you funny events when you Ace a pilot.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.