[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

redpill me on the Quran/Koran
>>
>>13800378
>my legality will always be called into question
wdsmbt
>>
>>13800378
Part three in the desert nomad trilogy of Abraham’s imbeciles. Nothing more.
>>
>>13800378
>woman converts aka submits to an ideology after observing it's violence
>>
>>13800378
at least they stone queers and thots
>>
>>13800378
>woman betrays her people, her family and her nation because the idea of being brutalized by the enemy makes her wet.
Each and Every Fucking Time.
>>
>>13800400
>>13800526
>the absolute state of truth on /lit/
She's a Turk.
https://humanparts.medium.com/i-became-muslim-sixteen-years-ago-32321a4b6601
>>
>>13800390
Lol you are so cheeky and -poke poke-y that it's actually adorable.

I can't believe I didn't see this before. You aren't being stupid, you're just being a woman. :3
>>
>>13800749
I’m being dismissive to garbage thought
>>
File: 399388933.jpg (42 KB, 641x482)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>13800760
then why don't you simply self-negate?
>>
>>13800760
if anything your insufferable existence is pushing more people towards religion. keep it up brainlet
>>
>>13800378
Essentially a propaganda piece written to galvanise Arab raiders to fight for muhhamad. My favourite part is where they mix up Mary, Jesus's mother, and Miriam, Moses sister, despite the fact that they lived thousands of years apart from each other, because the words Mary and Miriam are the same in Arabic. Then when questioned about this by some Christians in the Hadith, muhhamad gives the hilarious answer that it was a custom for people to refer to people in such a way. Not only is there no evidence for such a custom, but Mary in the Quran is called both the sister of Aaron (Moses brother) and the daughter of imran (Moses father). So what muhhamad expects us to believe is that people in the first century were referring to mary as the sister of aaron and Mary's mother as the wife of imran, even though they lived thousands of years apart, for some sort of undocumented custom. Well I think it's more likely that he just got mixed up.
>>
>>13800760
:3
>>
>>13800760
Do you have time to read?
>>
>>13800378
>>>The de facto religion of violence, repression, misogyny, and just general ass-backwardness is the largest and fastest growing religion on earth

What the FUCK is wrong with Homo Sapiens?
What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
If you’re looking for red pills, have you tried the local CVS?
>>
Muslims unironically looked cooler after the attacks and the world's attention became fixated on them instead of the ex-KGB. Who wouldn't find the terms radical extremism and militants with ninja-like face coverings cool, as opposed to the gay GI Joe neo-legionary larp. The jingoism and hatred against them was really a forced trend. What should have been promoted is why Islam is detrimental to individual liberty instead of just "Lol they attacked us and hate our shitty country; praise Jesus, the end times are coming".
>>
a while ago an anon made 'phd on islam' posts and pdf highlighting all the negative aspects of islam? was that all nonsense?
>>
>>13800784
looks like Robert Sean Leonard in panties
>>
>>13800836
A lot of it isn't nonsense, but it being applied to Islam is incorrect. Rather, the interconnected systems of tribal dominance of local administration and neo-imperialism in the Middle East cause the horrific thing done in the name of Islam. Basically, we have reactionaries just like you do, but instead of them being credited authors they go for the whole tribal elder thing or the Muslim equivalent of the Evangelical TV preacher. Islam and Shariah have revolutionary potential as far as I'm concerned, but the previously mentioned systems hide behind the guise of "Islam-ness" so we've got a ways to go.
>>
>>13801677
I said applied when I meant attributed, my bad.
>>
Stop your lying Christcuck. It was even common among the Church Fathers (Aphraates, Gregory of Nyasa, etc.) to compare the two Miriam and the Virgin Mary.
>>
>>13801727
meant to reply to>>13800794
>>
>>13800749
any books to cope with women's cheekiness?
>>
I just read the Quran for a laugh, and here are the basic points:

-cliff notes version of the Bible, plus shit about Muhammad
-basically agrees with everything about Jesus, except Quran implies he was a mortal man who was a messenger prophet, not God or his son, but that he was indeed born of a virgin, could walk on water, cure lepers, raise the dead, etc.
-some really nice poetic stuff about living a virtuous life
-lots of rules about not drinking, not fornicating, praying five times a day, etc.
-anyone who isn't already a Muslim should, ideally, be converted, voluntarily or involuntarily, and anyone who isn't "of the Book" (Jew, Christian, or Muslim) is a "kafir" (infidel) and may be considered scum to be fought against and killed

The End
>>
>>13800794
I guess it's your word against the prophet's.
>>
>>13800386
>>13800400
>>13800717
I skimmed the article. Headline a bit misleading. She’s essentially saying others didn’t identify her by her religion before the incident.
>>
File: 90s-00s.jpg (1.53 MB, 2660x2108)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>13801985
9-11 was a big red pill about Islam
>>
File: boner.jpg (57 KB, 566x346)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>13800390
This. I believe in god derived from reason.
>>
>>13800760
awwww thats so cute
>>
>>13800805
Only in terms of percentages. Christianity is the fastest growing in absolute numbers.
>>
>non brown Muslim
Disgusting
>>
File: Tyrion.jpg (53 KB, 531x762)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>13800390
How can people muster the audacity to speak of the Abrahamic religions as though they are not one long series of massive success stories? These people have been dancing circles around the non-Abrahamic world for over a thousand years.

Islam is probably the single best idea anyone ever had in terms of consolidating political and cultural power. Setting aside all notions of the supernatural, one need only look at the fact that they are gradually taking over the world everywhere where they are not being deliberately murdered with flamethrowers.
>>
>>13800378
It’s a heresy. Turn to Christ.
>>
>>13802526
Muslims got extremely lucky with having based generals and getting into strategically beneficial geographic regions. Islam only survived because of Persia, which was already kicking ass and taking names for over 1000 years. The "Islamic Golden Age" (Persian Medieval Golden Age) thrived despite Islam, not because of it. Take away the cultural powerhouses of Persia and the Ottoman Empire and Islam would be nothing.
>>
>>13802526
They’re as successful as inoperable cancer. Their homogenous nature kills culture. Fuck these zombie cults
>>
>>13802526
>>13802557
I've met a lot of former Muslims who became atheists while I was in university. It causes so much trouble at home if they dare say they don't believe anymore, so they only speak about it to people they know for sure aren't going to snitch to their families or other Muslims. I think the number of people in this category is rapidly growing, and the scale is going to tip soon where people start to talk openly, and the Muslims in the west begrudgingly accept there's not much they can do to keep young people religious.

On the downside, we're probably going to get another Reddit atheist cringefest in full blast for several years, this time with a Muslim twist.
>>
>>13802557
>culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4
>>
File: Islam.jpg (2.44 MB, 1696x6224)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>
>>13802547
>ottoman
>anything but a wasteland
I agree that Iran is the only worthwhile Muslim country and always has been so. If anything they are strangely glossed over and underrated when talking about the meme 'golden' age in favor of complete retards like Andalusians. It is also completely wrong chronogically. Iranians remained interesting long after the meme age is supposed to have ended.
>>
>>13801727
So? Comparing somebody to someone else is a lot different than saying they are that thing. The Quran explicitly calls Mary the sister of Aaron and Mary's mother the wife of Imran. I would like you to find just one example of somebody doing this.
>>
>>13802635
I agree with what you said, but what I'm saying is that, unlike religions like, say, Christianity or Hinduism, Islam was completely inconsequential to the rise of the cultural powerhouses it was tacked onto. Like I said before, it got lucky. Right time and right place. The (Greco-Latin-Anatolian) Byzantine Empire and (Persian/Iranian) Sassanian Empires at the beginning of the 7th Century were too busy fighting each other to properly combat the conquering Arab Muslim armies. Had they joined forces they would've wiped Islam off the face of the map forever. If only...if only...
>>
>>13802526
Islam is in crisis. It only looks strong compared to the dust of Christianity and the rotting corpses of east Asian religions who's societies are further along the road of modernity/capitalism/postmodernism or whatever tf it is. It'll be in the same place soon enough. Everybody in this thread is speaking from a place outside islam where their only experience with it is from observing the lower classes practicing in direct contrast with the secular population. Of course it's going to look "radical" and "strong". Terrorism to them is a sign of it's strength and not a reaction of it's decay. The strength of a religion is it's centrality in ordering a person's life in my opinion, not how strongly it's believed in individually or it's political weight. While in comparison it's still beating, the sequence has already started and will meet it's end in the next 50 years if it continues on the current path. ISIS in it's extremity was the midlife crisis divorce and gym membership. The east and west went through disastrous times when it developed through this process. Some of the most feverent religious movements and events occurred in reaction to the weakening of the central religion
t. Christian who lived in a muslim countries for a long time
>>
>>13800784
Post more butterflies, I need to build a folder for easy refutals.
>>
>>13802660
>The (Greco-Latin-Anatolian) Byzantine Empire and (Persian/Iranian) Sassanian Empires at the beginning of the 7th Century were too busy fighting each other to properly combat the conquering Arab Muslim armies.
It really is a shame but the final roman-persian war is history kino of the highest order.
>>
>>13802611
On the other hand, you might just be retarded :3

There are loads of religious people everywhere still, I continually have conversations with co-workers and such who are religious. Who the FUCK are you retards talking about? You want to seem smart? Want to seem intelligent? Want to lead us into a new age?

Get religious dipshits. This message brought to you by :3
>>
>>13801788
>lots of rules about praying five times a day,
Yeah please tell me where exactly you find this in the Quran and why you would lie on the internet about reading a religious book.
>>
>>13801788
You also forget to mention that Jesus in the Qu'ran was not crucified, which goes against all of the historical evidence, both from the early Christians, Jews, and Romans.
>>
>>13800390
You tell em, butterbitch.
>>
>>13802541
christ is a prophet in the koran
>>
>>13800805
>The de facto religion of violence, repression, misogyny
Sounds based, why are you seething about it?
>>
>>13801677
just put down the rabid dog
>>
>>13802711
As a muslim living in a muslim country, i can confidently tell you that you are wrong. Muslims have an obsession with religion. Everywhere you go it's men and women reading the Quran on their cellphones, or college kids watching sermons and religious lectures on their laptops. Communication technology had strengthened Islam, not weakened it, and ISIS is a proof of that, not the last gasp of a dying culture that you make it out to be. Those ex-Muslims you see in the West are the children of their societies' elites, and are hardly representatives of the attitudes of their home countries. I'm not saying that the Muslim world hadn't seen increasing secularization in the last couple of decades, but it had also witnessed some setbacks, and as yet is still far from where the West stands right now.
>>
>>13803031
Dude, whatever. It mentions multiple times a day, at least 3, and was originally 50. I simplified it to the 5 we know as today
>>13803072
Yeah, this too.
>>13803833
Your "Muslim country" must not be Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, or Iran.

>ISIS is a proof of that

ISIS, like Al-Qaeda, is proof of the money and power of Saudis in promoting their radical form of Islam, Wahhabism. GTFO.
>>
File: Screenshot__1.jpg (276 KB, 1280x502)
276 KB
276 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.