[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: the waves.jpg (80 KB, 960x540)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
How does one discuss literature with people outside of the Internet or an academic environment?

I'm not an erudite reader, but I find it difficult to discuss books with my friends. Even discussing popular fiction, the conversation rarely goes further than, "Oh, X is such a good character." All I want is to share the meaning of reading with another human being.
>>
>>13452330
Join a book club.
>>
More pics of cows in strange places?
I think I found my new aesthetic.
>>
>so I was reading this book on political philosophy the other day, and
>oh fuck you
I'm not trying to seem like some big brain asshole, I just wanna discuss what I read. That's why I come on here. Maybe I just need new friends.
>>
>>13453738
We still live in a state of affairs where reading is looked at as a healthy habit, despite most people not practicing it. So, when you mention that you've been reading something to the average person, they'll feel that you're gloating, hence the usual rejection of the topic of literature.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.