[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: buenoexcelente.jpg (72 KB, 500x335)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
How can i learn Spanish in three months? Its for a pretty decent job.
>>
Apprendre le français
>>
>>13445308
Buy a textbook and work through it methodically. Use Anki to make vocabulary lists and learn as much vocabulary as you can. For most languages, if you literally just learn the most common 10k words you will be able to understand most of what is said. The grammar is useful for speaking yourself and understanding more complex phrases.
>>
>>13445308
I learned how to read German in a year. I started with memrise/duolingo for a couple weeks, read a grammar chapter a day from a textbook, and then started on the 4000 common words vocab, then started reading Kafka and highlighting words I didn't know and then doing manual anki decks. What you need to do likely will happen only if you at least semi-need this position for your livelihood. Do one grammar chapter a day in a chosen book (practice makes perfect comes to mind or how to read in spanish). Do duolingo/memrise two times a day, 1 hour each session. Everything you watch or read should be Spanish. Drill vocab. If you absolutely must take a break, think Spanish. In your head tell yourself Borges, Cervantes, and Marquez are the greatest authors EVER. THIS WILL HELP. if you want to SPEAK in 3 months i'm saying you need 6+ hours a day... i might be wrong
>>
Complete the duolingo course, if you can't do that, there's your answer
>>
IGNORE ALL RESPONSES
Pimsleur is the BEST for essential basics for ANY language. They helped magically with spanish, it just sticks so well. Six months into spanish, im "fluent" as in i think and dream in spanish with the vocabulary i have.

So
>Pimsleur German 1
>Read Harry Potter in German while listening to the audiobook in German while using Quizlwt or Anki (Glossary card apps) to jot down words you dont know (this method helped me a shit ton and is now a classic method throughout the world).

GOOD LUCK OP!
>>
>>13445641
Oh sorry, spanish not german...
>>
>>13445641
>Pimsleur
holy shit this is expensive
>>
>>13445712
Thats why most people torrent it.
>>
>>13445712
Easily acquired for free
>>
Thanks for thr help. Im saving the thread and doing research as we speak.
>>
one word: input.
get input in the language you are learning from the biggest variety of medias possible: comic books, movies (audio and subs on that language), magazines, books, newspapers, music, etc.
>>
File: images (11).jpg (53 KB, 739x415)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>13445641
>dream in spanish
kek
>>
>>13447324
I've dreamt in English and it's not my native language.
>>
>>13445308
Start with Góngora
>>
>>13447333
I've dreamt with your mom and she ain't my main whore
>>
>>13445308
Immersion. Try to surround yrself with nothing but Spanish. I learned basic Spanish very quickly when I moved to a country where they spoke little else. Finding a bathroom, buying food and making change all focus the mind wonderfully. Failing that, try to get a Spanish speaking gf, learning a new language is supposed to be easier to do in bed. Good luck!
>>
>>13445308
No, but you can learn the basics
>>
>>13447459
Spanish speaking gf is the way to go. You talk all the time
>>
Immersion. Meet Spanish speakers and use it. I was conversational in Japanese within 3-5 months of moving here. Almost native level (spoken) in around 2 years. Kanji was a bitch but I can read novels as easily as my wife does. Contracts are still a fucking nightmare to work through.
>>
File: 1561836476424.jpg (152 KB, 797x960)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>13447766
>my wife
>>
>>13445308
learn to conjugate in every tense whatever verbs you think are important, vocabulary you can learn later
>>
>>13447428
I dreamt that there were no such things as niggers. Now that was a beautiful world, nigger.
>>
>>13445308
Vocab vocab vocab. Learn to speak like a caveman in another language. Only later you learn grammar, writing and reading.
>>
>>13448473
Wrong
Learn present and one or two of the past tenses, and lots of vocabulary. You need to comunicate, not proper grammar.
>>
>>13445308
If you're good with languages, then yes. Spanish is a very rigid and straight forward language, with basically zero exceptions; everything works one way, and one way only. The only complication is the massive role slang takes in every country, so keep that in mind. Plus, if you learn the difference between 'ser' and 'estar' you're ahead of 99% of foreigners.
>>
>>13449120
Ser and estar was easy peasy. Former is permanent shit and the latter is temporary shit and location, plus some more things you pick up as you learn.

The only thing that doesnt make linguistic sense to me, even though i use it is "hace (a certain time)", meaning "(a certain time) ago".

I get that its "it makes (a certain time) [from now]", but whats with "desde hace (a certain time)"
"Since it makes (a certain time)"

Eapecially in past tense. Desde hacía (tiempo). I accept it and use it, but its the only shit that bothers me and i cant make sense out of.
>>
>>13445308
watch a spanish tv series with spanish sub
>>
is there anything like Pimsleur for less popular languages
>>
>>13445308
Okay so none of the fuckers here actually knows spanish and it fucking shows, first tell what country op, its the most important part.
>>
>>13449171
>Desde hacía
Thats not a thing. Thats broken spanish
>>
>>13449349
"Fulanito, ¡qué bueno verte; no nos visitabas desde hacía meses!"
>>
>>13449296
You might try LingQ
>>
>>13445308
venite a vivir a Argentina por unos meses, con un par de sueldos normales yankis seguro podes vivir mejor que la mayoria de la clase media
>>
>>13449089
what good is learning random words if you don´t know how to articulate phrases?
>>
File: 810+oL3M0cL.jpg (302 KB, 1696x2560)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
Pic related helped me learn a decent amount of Ancient Greek in three months (not a reading knowledge but that's Ancient Greek's fault, not mine) and I'm now using it to learn French.

If you pair it with an audio program like Pimsleur, start on vocab and grammar simultaneously, and practice 1 or 2 hours a day, you could become conversational in three months.

Also don't skip pronunciation or you'll sound like a doofus. Anki has some minimal pairs ear training decks that you should practice.
>>
File: 20190711_230531.jpg (1.11 MB, 1960x1182)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>13449349
Its in Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal pagina 1.
>>
Binge El Chavo del Ocho and El Chapulin Colorado.
>>
>>13449578
you would only learn chilango
>>
>>13445719
Isn't that illegal?
>>
>>13445641
a ver tu español?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.