[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>be me in philosophy class analyzing texts
>male teacher always praises the girls’ comments in class
>spends half the class answering their questions which werent very important to begin with

Since when did roasties become so rampant in academic philosophy?
>>
t. 3.0 Humanities student mad that Stacys are doing better in his useless major than he is.
>>
>>13123494
No idiot, all the males never get the chance to speak and the prof is completely patronizing. I had my hand raised for like 40 minutes. I’ll say something to my prof and he’ll acknowledge it but act like its too difficult to discuss further.

I’m also a STEM major so doesnt matter to me if Philosophy is useless, I find it intrinsically valuable.
>>
>>13123494
t. Hall monitor of the gynecocracy
>>
>>13123514
So...hes teaching....
>>
>>13123494
GPA is arbitrary and fascist
>>
academic philosophy lost any semblance of value after the rise of the social sciences. totally finished by the 60s. women like it because they get off on wielding institutional authority.
>>
>>13123491
Why do elementary school teachers spend most of their time with the average-slightly below average students while leaving the above average to fend for themselves? Are you doing this to learn or get attention from the professor? You won't be able to ask deeply probing questions in a philosophy class unless it's graduate level. Take what you can.
>>
>>13123491
Omg FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK SCHOOL
>>
>>13123545
Fair enough. I dont know if I like that style though. I think the lecture heavy based course where the professor unleashes his or her autism to the fullest works best because it gives you a lot to think about it on your own and filters out those who dont have a passion for it and dont want to grow
>>
>>13123491
He's a male feminist trying to score some college teen pussy.
>>
>>13123563
If college classes were designed to "filter out the passionless," most colleges would be facing bankruptcy. Consider things like ratemyprofessors. That teaching style is dying, if not being outright buried alive.
>>
>>13123582
It is and it’s a bad thing. The best philosophy professor at my uni is not a favorite among most students because of this style but he is easily the most talented and sharp professor on campus. He’s also an adjunct of course.
>>
File: 1557067255216s.jpg (6 KB, 248x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>13123514
>actually keeping your hand raised for 40 minutes
>>
>>13123594
Whether or not it's a bad thing, I don't see it changing. There will be no regression without destruction.
>>
File: 1557841074672.jpg (25 KB, 480x439)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>13123514
>I had my hand raised for like 40 minutes
>>
Always remember that professors are just people in the end. There's nothing stopping them from being woman worshiping white-knights, terrible teachers, technologically illiterate, etc.

IME professors are actually much worse than high school teachers in this regard. Possibly because they don't dedicate much of their time to actually learning how to teach and interact with their students.
>>
>>13123554
rated
>>
>>13123554
GPA is a pretty shit metric even from an elitist standpoint. It's just performance fetishism. Do you imagine Plato's students competing for GPA ? Or Descartes and his buddies in la Flèche ?
>>
>>13123563
That style only works with brilliant professors and very motivated students. And even then the autist professors must be able to communicate in front of an audience somehow. As someone who studied mathematics I've seen very impressive people utterly fill at that.

That teaching is no only dying out as anon says, it's been mostly inefficient from the start.
>>
>>13124091
*utterly fail

time for bed
>>
>>13124078
It really is just a measure of compliance in relation to assignments. Mine is inversely proportional to the total number of assignments. The highest achieving students are the ones most susceptible to the rod
>>
File: (you).png (1.17 MB, 950x761)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>13123514
>i had my hand raised for like 40 minutes
>i'm also a STEM major
>>
>>13124106
Based and rodpilled.
>>
File: daphuc.jpg (28 KB, 323x410)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>13123514
>mfw classmate won't put his hand down for 40 minutes
>mfw I can smell his armpit from across the room
>>
>>13124120
He seems so happy.

I wish I were like him.
>>
I keep seeing people complain about /lit/ talk about their terrible experiences. The only negative experience I had with regards to academics was one professor telling me to be quiet and let him explain when I got a bit over-excited and tried talking over him during Office hours which was unpleasant albeit completely warranted.
>>
>>13124170
cuck attitude. you shouldnt let anyone speak to you like that. if anyone disrespects me they get an ass whoopin. no will is more powerful than that of my own
>>
>>13124194
Only a cuck needs to assert his will in such a stupid way. Real men know to back down when they're wrong.
>>
>>13124205
Exactly.
>>
>>13124205
>only a real man knows when to sexually submit to older men
catamite
>>
>be in public speaking class
>shows oprah metoo vid with bill chocolate pop cosbey
>goes on a rant about how guys should always believe a woman's rape claims and generalizes the fucking hell out of every guy in the room
God, shut the fuck up. I already have my menopausal ethics class teaching bitch lecturing her brand of bullshit at me, you fucking cuck. Castrate yourself for students you'l never fuck somewhere else for fuck's sake.
>>
>>13123491
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>13124194
Oh, you can give me an asswhooping with those beautiful butterfly wings of yours anytime.

:3
>>
>>13123514
>I had my hand raised for like 40 minutes
LMFAO
Yeah yeah, sure.
>>
I have a prof like this, too. He's a balloonist.
Like, he actually takes girls from our class on rides in his very own hot air balloon.

It would be pretty based if he weren't so fucking unfriendly to all the males in the class. Humanities Departments are no place for young men.
>>
>>13123514
stem kids in philosophy classes are fucking cunts, always think they know everything and don't actually want to learn anything but want to spout their own shit opinion to impress everyone in the class, whilst in reality everyone around him is cringing and hoping he shuts up soon. the teacher see his hand up - he knows he cant ignore it forever, yet he tries his best to postpone the inevitable autistic rant until later so as not to derail the lesson. the stemfag never has a question (which is of course the reason for raising one's hand), but only wants a platform to sperg
>>
>>13124268
what's that? you feel generalized and marginalized because of your gender? you don't say.....?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.