[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: received_2350860124943394.jpg (125 KB, 1179x1600)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
My mind keeps getting invaded by thoughts I successfully kept out for a few weeks just for them to show up again, I guess the wound is too fresh still

Is there any good /lit/ for really getting your mind somewhere else? Maybe some poetry?
>>
>>12578330

Im reading lotr in my native translation just to tire myself out in such situations
>>
>>12578330
The Attention Revolution, by B. Allan Wallace.
>>
>>12578330
Try ERP theory.

t. Self-treating OCDer
>>
>>12578330
Grab any non-romantic novel and play some background music that fits the mood, best with low headphones, although I don't usually read to escape, I meditate to do such a thing
>>
>>12578404
Self help?
>>
>>12578547
You should use meditation to explore those intrusive thoughts.
Meditation is meant to be painful and dangerous.
Meditation to escape is an abuse of yourself.
>>
>>12578858
I guess I worded that sentence in the wrong manner, my bad.
>>
>>12578330
Meditation. Think of it as brain exercise. You sit there trying to keep your mind blank. At first it's hard but the more you do the more you build those mental muscles until you get the the point you can clear your mind at will under any circumstances.

Don't expect instant changes, you do have to work at it
>>
I’ve been trying to calm down and avoid politics, but I can’t go ten minutes without thinking about how much I hate leftists. I just want it to stop.
>>
>>12578927
cringe but redpilled
>>
thoughts dont exist lol
>>
>>12578927
Everyone i know i disagree with extensively. Just realise that you will never change anyone's mind and even if you did would that have any impact whatsoever? Also that fate willed everyone's position including yours and, who knows? being a dumb leftist might be real fun.
>>
What are you your thoughts about, anon?
>>
>>12578330
intrusive thoughts deserve your attention. Look for a book that'll teach you about introspection.
>>
>>12578973
I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. Everyday I have to witness the fruits of their political efforts, and it makes me ill. Their notion of human emancipation disgusts me in a visceral way.
>>
>>12578976

Ex broke up with me some time ago in a quite nasty way and I have to go to the same school with her for the last year of highschool

Its been 3 months and we sort of get along now, but every once in a while I'm reminded when I'm home alone about the whole thing

Also she's dating some dude who I used to be friends with, but totally turned on me when he felt like it. He's a coward too and that infuriates me, doesn't look me in the eye, stutters and sort of slouches around when I'm nearby, he's afraid I'll kick his ass while telling others he "just doesn't wanna talk to me"

He's got a real punchable face man
>>
>>12579773
It sounds like you two need some closure, write her a letter about how you really feel. You don't need to send it, but maybe expressing yourself will help you get past it
>>
>>12578330
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.