[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Ice Haven p55.jpg (627 KB, 1480x1039)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
Books about having unresolved traumas that make you aimlessly introspective and borderline autistic but sometimes still have glimpses of what could have been if you managed to be open to experience?
(pic rel)
>>
>>12193465
Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>12193465
Schopenhauer - Fotzen sehnen sich nach Zucht und harter Hand (Tagebücher)
>>
>>12193465
this hits too close to home
>>
my diary desu
>>
File: 1462511610121.jpg (130 KB, 832x690)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>12193465
Is it really unresolved trauma that leads you to a life of distraction?

Doesn't suffering induce great art? Or is that a meme?
>>
>>12193990
Suffering atrophies the soul.
>>
>>
Stop whining about things you can't change and try drugs
>>
>>12194004
I've suffered a lot in life and as a result I have a lot of empathy, way too much. I'm too fucking sensitive. I just can't accept all the evil people can do
>>
>>12193465
Now I must admit that I could not read at all and take your problem to be some inane bullshit.

Go to the shower and sleep. To work tomorrow. No other advice will come.
>>
File: ja7ij.jpg (234 KB, 1323x986)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>12193990
>Is it really unresolved trauma that leads you to a life of distraction?
Certainly. Heavy dissociation bordering on autism/schizo spectrum is the result of deficient attachment during the early years. Then you model your whole personality on this pattern.
The guy on OP isn't dishonest nor 'lazy': he really would like to study these things. But his way of relating to everything (the world/people/literature) is faulty and anxiety inducing so he opts for safety, i.e. to be passive & braindead in front of the tv set.

>Doesn't suffering induce great art? Or is that a meme?
Yes, but you need the right amount of suffering. Like Earth, that is just on the right distance from the sun for life to thrive. Not too close not too far
>>
>>12195883
I’m exactly like op but have been putting myself out there for these past few months. Can I be saved, or will I always be like this? Also, any advice?
>>
>>12194569
If you had suffered at the hands of people rather than illness you'd be more resilient.
>>
>>12196083
Just going through the motions / copying healthy behaviors isn't enough imo. You have to work from inside out: find someone that can relate to you and you to him. Better avoid same age peers as they are 99% clueless retards. Find an older sensei to guide you (psychologists are the accepted modern version of this but it's difficult to find one that you can feel close to)
>>
IDK maybe the toilet. Fuck your shitty 'venting loser' thread.
>>
>>12196176
Thank you, anon. I always felt life would be smoother if I had a male figure who could mentor me, no reason I can’t go after one now. Also, for op and anyone out there with the same problem, learn to believe in yourself. That’s why I’ve been putting myself out there and doing tons of things, the more you do the more you feel you can do, helping to kill sentiments of impotence and inadequacy.
>>
>>12196532
Thanks for the advice, anon! Let's all work together to better ourselves and not end up like OP's pic.
>>
>>12196090
I actually got triple fucked from chronic physical illness, mental illness and abuse by people
mental illness is what hurts the most
>>
>>12194004
>atrophies
when in darkness and only in darkness can one appreciate the stars of heaven
>>
File: wojack_hugs.gif (36 KB, 200x146)
36 KB
36 KB GIF
the man in OP's comic is beyond help, is he not? who will disagree with me on this point
>>
>>12197630
The man in that pic enslaved himself, he doesn’t have to keep going that way, but only he holds the key to his shackles.
>>
I sometimes wonder if a woman's vagina might be the answer to all my problems, books for this feel?
>>
>>12197630
everyone should. it's not a matter of help. it's about history and change, adaption and technique. time changes all, or some such temporal rigmarole.
>>
>>12197888
and how does any of that help our cartoon man? I see it working theoretically, but not actually.
>>
>>12194014
Fuck you hipster faggots you'll never be shit you fucking leeches get a god damn clue
>>
>>12193465
>Hosing down air filters
Don't do this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.