[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1558151913166.jpg (181 KB, 1080x1570)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Is repression even feasible?
>>
>>13126989
yes,

just tazze your self every time you start thinking about it.
>>
>>13126989
It wasnt for me. It was either suck start my handgun or come out to my family. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life and I still get anxiety thinking about that day.
>>
>>13127001
IF this form of generalized aversion therapy worked (when you do it yourself), it would result in a deep aversion to *passing thoughts* on one of the most common concepts we encounter on a daily basis: anything pertaining to gender roles, norms, etc.

No.

>>13126996
>MtF assumptions (OP could be cis lesbian or anything based on their context)
>Freudian phallic fixation on the sexual viability of another person's penis

You can always find a comfort zone as a gender non-conforming person. Isn't easy, says nothing about whether you undertake body modification or not, but it's a road you can take and be comfortable *enough* ending up on.
>>
File: 1530219053317.jpg (42 KB, 300x284)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
if you embrace it, good things might happen for you, then again, maybe not.
if you repress it, you will always remember yourself as a coward.
that's the way i saw it before i started, and that's still the way i see it now.
now people ask about my "mensies".
you don't need a penis or a vagina to quake at the thought of change -- you only need to have no spine.

causality demands change from all of us. if you fail to change as you choose, then you will become a lot worse.
only babies want security and stasis
>>
>>13127137
they think they'll get hotter, straight guys if they cut off they grow boobs but they don't understand that what all men really want is a man, not a woman, so they're sabotaging themselves and making themselves unattractive to the very men they are trying to be attractive toward.
>>
>>13127228
1) Definitely an interest in twinks within the gay community. A man, yes, but a softer one.

2) No, the motivation for AMAB trans people transitioning is not to get "hotter straight guys."
>>
It's not, it's much better to accept it early and start hrt asap.
>>
>>13126989
I've been repressing for 20 years so, yes.
>>
File: exhausted.png (11 KB, 424x426)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
I'm repressing, but the misery that has taken over my life has intruded into my body and left nothing of me
>>
I don’t even understand the logic of repressing. You have dysphoria, but you’re going to allow yourself to become more masculine? If you’re truly unpassable, then it’s likely that nobody will even notice if you go on HRT and boymode (except that you’ll look younger), so there’s really no downside. I think repression isn’t feasible because even the most dense people eventually realize there’s no advantage to doing it in the long term.
>>
>>13127297
HRT doesnt even do that if you're bad enough.
>>
>>13126989
I feel like the context of this image is important, that the character is asking the main character to accept her because she is a serial killer who cuts people's throats with a box cutter, and will probably kill the main character.
>>
>>13127297
but then I would be sacrificing being normal, which is the main reason not to transition. I'll have to take medications forever, be infertile, not be able to date, be worried about people noticing my tits, etc. And there are times when it seems like being a male isn't that bad.
>>
>>13127297
I didn't think I had a choice when I started and things got bad very quickly.
>>
>>13128232
repressions goals anon, but not here. i actually remember some other guy mentioning this before as well and how he's been living life too. i want to believe
>>
>>13128232
Until you get more body hair or start balding
>>
>>13129876
but you are an insane liar, no the disphoria is still there, you need to come here spewing your bullshit everyday to reinforce your lie so that you can continue to ignore it,
tldr : everyone can see it but you , you delusional fuck
>>
>>13129876
You are going to kill yourself when your hair starts falling out.
>>
>>13126989
If your past 30 and strongly masculinized then your forced to make it work. For younger people Ignoring AGP/dysphoria is gonna be much harder in todays world than yesterdays world.
>>
repression is just another way to say "I am severely depressed, overwhelmed, and feel helpless and hopeless so I convinced myself nothing can be done because I am paralyzed by fear of others"

It's not supposed to 'work', how could just ignoring a problem forever while it continuously gets worse somehow make things better?
>>
>>13126989
It’s a catch 22, it really is. One of the reason the 44% number exists is because of this. If you repress you’re going to end up a Middle Aged man looking back on everything that could of been, all the sweeter youthful aspects of life and sexual exploration missed, forever, because you sat in front of a computer monitor, or wage slaved away the last decade of your youth, a destiny “lost” forever in time, and YOU let it be so.

If you actually go on HRT, and get SRS it won’t mean a god damn fucking thing once you pass like 35. You’re going to end up looking in the mirror, and essentially be staring down a middle aged man with a fucked up voice, and missing genitals. The irreversibility of it just sets in at that point, and is probably worse than any existential crisis you, or I has ever had.

I’m not even fucking sure what the correct answer to any of this is, if such a thing is even possible in this context. The only somewhat logical, and hopeful outcome I can think of is perhaps just choosing either A or B, but waiting it out for as long as possible until the technological advancements come along to remedy said existential issues. Personally I’m AGP, so I don’t really care what becomes of me, if I lose my passablitlity then the cross dressing was fun while it lasted, and I’ll wait until I get my second chance post-technological singularity.
>>
>>13131656
If it's gonna be like that why don't I just leave now and not face the awfulness of it.
>>
>>13126989
if you're going to repress at least get therapy or try boymode hrt

just raw dogging that dysphoria is never going to work
>>
>>13126989
yes, by working through the mental issues that lead you to the disassociation and self-hatred that you pin on "dysphoria" instead of buying the propaganda of gender cultists, OP.
>>
>>13131719
>What is the story of man
>>
>>13131656
This. There is nothing we can do. Utterly FUCKED from the day we were born
>>
>>13131656
>>13131793
That lie you keep telling yourself is why you're destined for misery. "There's nothing I can do"

You can just fucking transition
>>
>>13131837
Sorry, I'm too smart to buy that propaganda.
>>
>>13131837
Transition isn't dealing with problems, it's delaying them. It can be good for you if you're somebody who will have their quality of life improved by transition, but long-term outcomes aren't actually going to be that good.

On the other hand, maybe delaying problems and having a community is enough.
>>
>>13131845
Enjoy your life of misery and regret then. Enjoy hating yourself every time you see someone live the life you wish you could live

>>13131854
Repression is 100% GUARANTEEING misery. You know with 100% certainty that you will never be able to look how you want, express yourself how you want, be treated how you want by others or live the life you want to live.

Transition is taking a chance at happiness. It's not guaranteed but it's the ONLY path that potentially allows you to be happy with your appearance and the way others treat you. You can deny the truth all you want but in the end you're going to just stay there hating yourself and your life every day until you change or die.
>>
>>13131867
There are so many other routes to happiness than eating fucking pills and presenting a certain way. Dealing with and working through the narcissism that makes you think that how you "express yourself" is the only fucking thing that matters in life would be a good start.
>>
>>13126989
Depends what you mean by repression and about severity of your dysphoria. I am not that kind of person who will tell you "Just take your pills, Alice", but I also wont tell you that you should repress. Full repression is probably a bad idea. You should at least aknowledge your feeling and think about them, probably with a competent mental health professional. If you're depressed than you should treat that first. After one is clear with their feeling than you can, again prefferably with a decent proffesional to think about what to do. You can be ok with occasional outlet or some small changes like getting rid of the body hair. You could find out along the way that you dont need change as feelings are managable. Perhaps crossdressing could do.

Or you could find out that transition is the only way which could make you live better life. So, yes, repression in a way of non transitioning is possible for some people. But not even trying to confront your feelings and escape into drugs and games or even work is a bad idea and it wont work.
>>
>>13131867
>youngshit gives a peptalk
>>
>>13131872
Transition is not a route to happiness. Transition is a route to dealing with dysphoria, which must be done if you have dysphoria and if happiness is something you want to obtain.
>>
>>13131897
Dysphoria is a grab-bag of other conditions (usually autism spectrum disorders, borderline personality disorders, or a history of child abuse) that get misdiagnosed by people with an agenda like you :^)
>>
>>13131837
I offered a solution, the best I could conceive of. Do as you will, buy the clothes, adopt a beauty routine, and attempt to experience some of the sweeter aspects life has to be discovered. The point is, is that medical science needs to advance about three decades from where it is now before we go making such decisions as HRT/SRS, considering the current irreversibility of said procedures. Not all of us here has swallowed your irrational pink-puller propaganda, and naive tumblr-tier inspirational quotation based worldview of “real happiness” from transitioning. Technology, specifically information technology is increasing exponentially, and this is already intertwined with medicine. The procedures available in just a few decades will make 2019 look like the fucking dark ages. Nobody has to lop off their genitalia just yet.
>>
This thread is curehon's wet dream.
>>
>>13131922
Curehon's gonna be even happier when there's a massive wave of detransitioners (both AMAB and AFAB) in three-five years or so.
>>
>>13131888
I'm 28

>>13131916
>>13131916
>people with an agenda like you
>Not all of us here has swallowed your irrational pink-puller propaganda
Ignore your conspiracy theories for one second and just fucking answer this question

If you have gender dysphoria, how can repression improve your life? Do you seriously think that transition can't possibly improve your life? That no one who has EVER transitioned benefited? or do you just think "it's me SPECIFICALLY that can't transition because i'm too old too ugly too unpassable etc."
>>
>>13131936
Transition isn't for everyone. You can lose much more than you gain.
>>
>>13131936
I have a very close friend, anon, who benefited very much from transitioning, even though she only started hormones at 25. The thing about her is that she was also very, extremely GNC from a very young age, and can pass as a woman casually and without any effort.

I also know a great number of people who were disassociated from themselves, had no norms due to deficient childhoods, were the geeky sort of boys who loved anime. In all ways they were kind and lovely people, but *transition did not help them*. Some of them continue to take hormones three years after starting and identify as they/them while presenting male (with huge tits). some of them had to face the fact that all transition did was delay them dealing with their actual issues that gender-cultists convinced them was "dysphoria". some of them were even abused by people in the trans community, predators wearing womanface, though that's a separate issue.

I have met people who have had their lives improved by transition. The rest are taking sugar pills.
>>
>>13131950
>You can lose much more than you gain.

>path 1: repression
Outcome A: Stay miserable your entire life. This is the only outcome

>path 2: transition
Outcome A: Become happier
Outcome B: Become more miserable than when you repressed and probably detransition

only one of these paths includes the possibility of gender dysphoria relief and potential happiness
>>
>>13131936
>Do you seriously think that transition can't possibly improve your life? That no one who has EVER transitioned benefited

Of the large suicide rate amongst us, it’s difficult to tell if those who did pass away were post-transition or not. I have my suspicions though, and that’s why I said it’s a “catch-22”. Some decisions really do cost everything, especially transitioning.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.